Conflict - Isle 526

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Kuro Kodomo

Re: Conflict - Isle 526

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:56 pm

She takes his arm and smiles at him.

"Yes, I think we shall." She has to bite her tongue to keep from giggling with joy.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:35 pm

Hikari led her over to the ship. He stopped at the entrence and looked around for the others.

[OOC:Umm... what is your name again, I can't keep using girl, her, ect.]

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:46 pm

((OOC: Kuro Kodomo. I used my EZBoard ID for it. She's also a mage flunk out. Not very good with magic))

She looked around and her gaze fell upon one of the Merc's from before. He was sitting on a bench not far from where they stood.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:21 am

Duranja finished up cleaning his gun and turned to the dock tender.

"Good luck with the fish," Duranja said walking over to the other mercs, "Ok, if we're gonna be fighting together we might as well get to know each other, even though some of you already know eachother," Duranja said looking at Hikari, and Kuro.

"The name is Duranja," Duranja said putting his gun in it's holster on his belt.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:48 pm

Hikari looked at Duranja.

"My name is Hikari Gobima. You may call me BlackCat, if you prefer."

Hikari stood there, if he had been wearing the right clothing he would've seemed as if he had came from royalty.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:09 pm

She smiled up at Duranja, "My given name is Kuro Kodomo."

Her grip on Hikari tightened a bit, she didn't like the looks of Duranja one bit. Other than that, he had guns, and she doesn't like guns.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:15 pm

"Shall we wait here for the other?"

Hikari brought his other hand and gave Kuro's hand a small comforting stroke, more like a quazi massage. He let his hand rest on hers.

'Hmm... Guns... He could be useful, as long as he keeps his aim true.'

[OOC: ' mean thought when combined with italics, and " means spoken when normal.]

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:43 pm

Ryouten looked up at the other mercenaries, his eyes narrowed slightly. He didn't take kindly to strangers, nor did he take kindly to working in groups.

"My name is Ryouten." He muttered before turning his gaze away from the group.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:55 pm

Kuro looked up at the other Merc. Her mood seemed to change almost instantly.

"Hi'ya. I'm Kuro. I guess we'll be working together from now on."

She started to feel uneasy. She didn't notice untill now that she was in fact the only female on the expedition, let alone, the youngest.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:24 pm

Wonderful.. it seems as if I've been paired with inexperienced dolts.

Ryouten continued to wait for the boat to arrive. He was beginning to grow impatient, to an extent. He wanted to get down to wherever it was they were going, fulfill the mission, and get home so he could get paid. He didn't do this mission to make friends, he did it for the money.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:42 pm

"Well now that we know each other's names what do we do now?"

Hikari eyed the other people. They all seemed able bodied. But he couldn't get the idea out of the back of his head that what lay ahead was not something he particuarly would want to see. But he needed the money. And he had had worse jobs.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:11 pm

Kuro slipped her hand from Hikari's and sat down on a nearby cargo box. She closed her eyes and concetrated.

C'mon, You can do it...think string. Be the string...

Her plan was to create a piece of blue string and bring it with her to the island just to prove point. That, and she was bored already.

((OOC: This is where the GM says if she achived or not. It's up to you if she does.))

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:02 pm

OOC: Ah! That's my signal! I was just enjoying the character development. ^_^

As Kuro was concentrating on her spell, the dockworker approached the group of mercenaries.

"Yer ship is arriving. See? If ye'd look to the southwest, ye can see it coming."

In the distance, you could indeed see a small light against the black night sky, slowly nearing the port.

Meanwhile, Kuro was still concentrating on the spell. She tried to see the string in her mind. She could almost feel the string...

...but nothing happened.

OOC: If you really want to be able to use magic, wait untill you reach the island.
I won't tell anything about how or when, but I could easily weave it into the plot a bit...

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:10 pm

Finally.

Ryouten slowly stood up. As he did so, a breeze caught his trenchcoat, causing it to sway slightly. His eyes focused on the light, trying to approximate the distance between him and the boat so he could judge how much longer it would be until they would be on their way. Obviously, he was bored and had absolutely nothing to do.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:19 am

"It will be day before it will get here. I suggest we go back to the hotel and get a good nights sleep. Sleepin' on a boat ain't that easy."

Hikari took a breath of the night air. It always smelled the sweetest.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:42 am

((OOC: I thought you needed something to do. And I was bored ans figured, Why the hell not? so there you have it.))

Kuro sighed and hopped off of the box.

"Damn. It didn't work..." She looked over to Hikari with a pout.

"The whole Go to the inn and rest idea is good and all, but I spent the last of my money on supplies. Besides, didn't the Boss say that the ship would be here by ten? What if we go to the Inn and the ship comes, and goes and we didn't realize it?" She tapped her chin in thought.

Damn, that was the smartest thing I've said all day...better keep my mouth shut for the rest of the night then. She thought to herself.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:53 am

Hikari nodded at Kuro.

"Then I guess we'll have to wait for it."

Hikari plopped on the ground and looked up into the sky.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:03 am

Kuro hopped back on the box and sat with her knees to her chest. She stared out over the water and watched the boat come over closer. Before long, she had drifted off to sleep with her chin resting on her knees and her arms wrapped loosely around her legs.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:31 am

After a relatively short time, the ship had arrived at the port. It was not a very big ship, and it was quite fast. When the it had docked, a lot of people started leaving the ship.

"'tis another load of them island people" The dockworker said. "They're too afraid to stay there. But that's why you guys are here for, right?" The man laughed, looking at the people.

When the last of them left the ship, the man turned to the mercenaries again. "There's been a lot of people leaving that island lately. None of them know what they're running from, but not many want to stay and find out. Lucky we've got you guys on the job. I bet yer going to have quite a few stories to tell when you return!"

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:46 am

The dull thudding noises of Ryouten's walking echoed throughout the harbor as he slowly walked up the little ramp, into the ship. His backpack was slung casually over one shoulder. It contained all he would need once they arrived. He was prepared.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:42 am

"yeah, stories," Duranja said walking past the dockkeeper, "I'll make sure to tell you first, and good luck with the docktending."

Duranja walked up onto the boat, he looked over to Ryouten, the guy seemed really cold, and caught in deep concentration.

"He's gonna die first," Angel said to himself quietly, "Those type never last."

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:28 pm

Durranj's words had floated over to Ryouten's ears... causing a thin smirk to form on his lips. Ryouten inwardly laughed at Durranj's ignorance, yet didn't confront him about what he had said.

If only he knew.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:29 pm

Hikari stood up. Thanks to how Kuro had fallen asleep Hikari had no problem in picking her up and carying her aboard the ship. The ship swayed back and forth. He followed the others.

'We need to learn how to work together if the monster really is that bad,' Hikari smirked as he walked carying Kuro.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:01 pm

As the mercenaries went aboard the ship, a tall man approached them.

"Welcome aboard the Silver Wind! You must be the mercenaries! My name is Isaac Byrlon, the captain of this ship. It's my job to take you to Isle 526. The journey will take little more than three days, if the weather is good. You'll each get your separate rooms, and if you want anything to drink or eat, just ask. I've been told to make your trip as comfortable as possible."

Byrlon showed them to their rooms, and told them where all the important parts of the ship were. A short time later, less than an hour after the ship arrived, the ship's engines were activated, and the Silver Wind was on it's way. Taking it's passengers to Isle 526...

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:42 pm

Duranja already made himself comfortable. Finding his room, he put down his bag, and then walked out onto the deck, he decided to get to know the ship if he was going to spend three days onboard.

To Duranja's eyes, the boat didn't seem to reliable, he hoped they'd make it through the trip without any problems, such as storms.

Deciding not to worry himself, he walked out on deck to converse with the other mercenaries, best to get to knwo them good, at what they can do best.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:45 pm

Ryouten quickly sought out his room and asked for some food and drink. He recieved a nice-looking meal of chicken, potatoes, and steamed carrots, along with a bottle of wine to drink. He took his meal back to his room and ate in silence, preparing himself mentally for the mission. He did not come out of his room to socialize with the other mercenaries, as he felt no need to.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:02 pm

Hikari found a room, and gently set Kuro down on the bed. He looked at her face, it was so pretty. He brushed some hair out of her face, and sat down on the floor by her bed. He thought he'd wait their till she woke up, so he could give her the tour. But in short time Hikari himself was slipping off into dream land.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:18 pm

Duranja made his way down the narrow corridor of the ship, leading into the rooms of each mercenary.

As he approached the one, he tripped over a plnat, placed off to the side, and fell headlong into the door, slamming it open.

Duranja slide a few inches on the floor, causing rug-burn on his face, and hit a railing.

He got up rubbing his head and looking over to who occupied the room, it was that hard-ass merc, eating his lunch.

"Oh, jeez, well..." Duranja said getting up and rubbing his rug-burned face, red from rash, " how are you?" Duranja said, hoping to all god that the man wouldn't laugh in his face.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:22 pm

He didn't laugh at Duranja's antiques... he just gave him a cold, hard stare. After glaring at Duranja for a few moments, he went back to his meal.

Edited by: Home is Nowhere at: 3/15/03 6:40:25 pm

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:29 pm

(OOC: Duranja, you keep forgeting the 'a' on the end)

Duranja, rubbed the back of his head, then walked out. he made his way towards where he hoped the infirmary would be, so he could get some creame for his face.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:42 pm

I have to work with that clumsy oaf? Hrmph..

A small frown played at Ryouten's lips. He wasn't very pleased with what he had seen from his other mercenaries thus far. None of them seemed like they were very experienced. None of them seemed like they were really fit for the mission, either. They just seemed like they wanted to goof off and have fun.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:00 pm

Duranja, after finding the infarmiry and getting some creame, found a bench by the deckside. He pulled out his gun and pointed to the sky, as if actually aiming for something, but he put it back in it's holster.

Duranja sighed, he knew this was already gonna be a long trip, He closed his eyes and tilted his chin against his chest as he drifted to sleep, disturbed by only the occasional crashing wave against the hull.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:59 am

Kuro opened her eyes and panicked, she had remembered being outside with the other mercs but now she was inside. She looked around slowly and her eyes rested on the sleeping from of Hikari.

An instant blush covered her face, Did he carry me in here? Oh my god! Where is here?!

She stood quietly and slipped over to the window. SHe looked outside to see the waves of the ocean crashing against the ship.

Well, at least I'm on the ship...

She turned and sat back down on the bed and looked over at Hikari with a smile.

The others probaly would have left me sleeping on the docks, but not you, you're different.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:46 pm

Hikari laid there slumped over. A little grinding noise could be herd. With some effort Kuro could make out that Hikari was grinding his teeth. It wasn't very loud and was almost completly masked by the waves crashing against the boat. Hikari started to slide to his left. It was aparent that he was going to hit his head on the bed.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:16 pm

Ryouten was spending most of his time in his room for two reasons.

One, he didn't like his partners very much.

Two, he suspected he was sick.

Talk about bad timing...

He spent most of his time lying in bed due to the fact whenever he tried to get up and walk around, he felt incredibly dizzy and lightheaded. He kept the door locked so nobody would disturb him.

I wish I had brought some magazines.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:23 pm

Kuro snagged the collar of his shirt and pulled him to his right. She took a pillow and put iton the floor and "helped" him to lay on it. She smiled as she covered him with a spare blanket. She stood, streached, and left the room quietly to head topside.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:43 pm

The jolt on his neck had awaken Hikari, but he decided to play it off and play asleep. But when he herd the door click into place he opened his eyes. Slowly he pushed himself up, letting the blanket fall. He followed Kuro out the door and to the front of the boat. He stopped at the last wall before the very front of the boat and watched Kuro.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:04 pm

She leaned over the edge and looked down into the water. It's glassy, mirror-like surface reflected her face almost perfectly. She smiled as she thought about what she was going to do with the moey when they were finnished.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:26 pm

Hikari watched as she looked down into the water. When he realized a nasty wave could knock her over. 'Hmm... how do I make my presense know with out scaring the crap out of her?'

Hikari thought about it for a moment, and decided.

"Hey Kuro, what'cha doin'?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:44 pm

She gasped and turned around.

"Oh, It's you. I thought you were sleeping..."

She eyed him a moment before answering his question. "Just thinking. What are youdoing?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs