Conflict - Isle 526

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
PSLoyalist

Re: Into the Abyss! Ehrm, I mean Jungle! (too much WLBC2) :P

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:42 pm

Duranja, still holding his guns, walked closley behind Miranda, entering the dense Jungle.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:12 am

Kuro followed after Duranja, almost treding on his heals. The thought that these things jumping out at them gave her heebie jeebies.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:14 am

Hikari walked behind Kuro holding his Diakatana in one hand.

saberlock

In the Jungle!

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:53 am

All kinds of distant sounds could be heard in the jungle. The buzzing of insects, the sounds of birds, and every now and then something that sounded like growling. Strange, cat-like little creatures could be seen running through the vegetation every now and then.

Chiaro continued his path through the jungle very carefully, but after a while, he began to loosen up a bit, and started talking.

"So far so good, I guess. I was a bit afraid they might be expecting us, but it seems they didn't think we'd actually go into the jungle."

PSLoyalist

Re: In the Jungle!

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:37 am

"Yeah, I'm actually enjoying this," Duranja said with a grin, "They wildlife, vegetation, stuff most people don't ever see in their lives."

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:02 pm

Kuro nudged Duranja, "Well, at least it's pretty. I just hope that those 'dots' don't wanna make us lunch."

She glanceed over her shoulder and smiled at Hikari, she felt safe. She had the Gunman in front and the Swordsman in back. Nothing would get her.

((Hint hint.))

Edited by: Kuro Kodomo  Image at: 4/16/03 12:03:09 pm

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:53 pm

"It's something else allright, but I prefer a bit more civilised area's..." Miranda commented

"This is just a bit too... I don't know... There are too many places to hide here, too many places to get ambushed. Too many ways to get lost, or seperated from the rest..."

Chiaro shrugged. "You're just not used to it. Cities can be just as dangerous to those who aren't used to them. Just stay together, and we'll be just fine. You forget you've got someone with you who has control over plant life. And since we're surrounded by it, there's no need to worry."

Chiaro was obviously enjoying the trip.

"Now we've got nothing to do anyway, I might tell you about something about the various things to eat here. I haven't seen all of them myself, but this is what I've gathered so far.

There are those yellow grapefruit-like things, those are alright to eat, though they taste a bit bitter. I've heard they taste good with some sugar, though. Then there are some kind of soft, red pear-like fruits, they are extremely sweet, and it's said they are very healthy.

The things you should look out for are the fruits that look like apples. They can make you really sick. Also, most berries are quite poisonous, so you don't want those either."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:17 pm

"Now that we know what we can eat. What can eat us?"

It would seem that Hikari was joking but he wasn't. He liked to know everything about those he went up against.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:25 pm

"Surprisingly little, actually. Apart from the things we're after, there's not much danger in this jungle. There are some small creatures that might bite if you threaten them, but nothing that'll treat us like food. There are some snakes as well, but they aren't really that poisonous, and I've got some antidote packed. The only thing that remains are insects. They're not dangerous, but can be annoying as hell."

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:12 am

"So apples, berries, and snakes are off limits? That puts a downer on things. I guess it's a good thing that I'm not a snake charmer or anything." She said trying to shed a little light on the situation.

She looked around and noticed a little bit of movement in the trees around them.

"So ah, what do these things look like?"

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:43 am

"You mean the creatures we're after? Like I said before, I don't know much about them..."

Chiaro thought for a moment

"The people that saw them, only saw them from a distance. Often it was too dark, or gone too quick, to get a reliable description. We do know they are built like humans, only a bit smaller. We've also heard that they have horns and spikes all over their body. Someone even mentioned antlers...

I don't know what to believe, but at least it's a start. I guess that if we see anything that looks like a human in here, we can be pretty sure it's one of them, because - besides ourselves - there are no humans in here..."

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:14 pm

"So you're saying that if we see anything that isn't us, we...we kill it, right? Or does it kill us?" Kuro asked Chiaro nervously.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:20 pm

"No, we'll capture it. Unless we have no other choice, it's better if we can get one alive. It'd be a good idea to try and learn some things about our enemies before we try and do something about them..."

PSLoyalist

welcome to the Jungle!

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:03 am

"That's unlikly though," Duranja settled in on the conversation about capturing one of these things, "From their display of cannibilism on injured friends, then they might also commit suicide to avoid being captured," Duranja said doing a sweep of the trees around them then continuing, "And it could be a natural defense system so that if they are captured with no plausable way of suicide, they can do something with their body like realease stomach acids into their bodies, or something along those lines."

Duranja paused again, he seemed to be doing alot of useless talking now. He get back into formation and continued on their trek through the woods.

saberlock

Re: welcome to the Jungle!

Unread postby saberlock » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:11 pm

Chiaro continued making his way through the jungle.

"Let's not come to conclusions based on nothing. We hardly know anything about them. I'm not saying we absolutely have to capture one, but if we can get one alive without putting ourselves in unnecessary danger, I think we should at least try.

Anyway, we shouldn't be too far away from the camp right now. It should be in a relatively open space, so it'll be a lot easier to defend ourselves when we get there, if necessary. I suggest we try to get there as soon as possible."

Not waiting for a response, Chiaro began walking a quicker, pushing aside some leaves with his magic.

Miranda sighed.

"I'll be glad to get some rest when we get there. I'm a spy, not a ranger, damn it."

(OOC: Magical characters might slowly begin to feel an increase in magical energy in the area as they wander deeper into the jungle.)

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:32 pm

"Want some water?," Duranja said holding out a canteen to Miranda after her last comment.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:46 pm

"No thank you. I've got my own. Besides, I'm not thirsty, just tired..."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:41 pm

Duranja reattached his canteen to his belt, then fell back into formation, he was able to make out barly through the trees an opening a few hundred yards away, they were getting close.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:16 am

Kuro suddenly felt a slight tingleing sensation running up and down her spine. It gave her the chills and she shuddered.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:40 pm

"Something wrong," Hikari asked Kuro?

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:39 pm

"I...I dunno, I just have a weird feeling about this place." She shook her head slightly and scrunched up her face in thought..."Maybe it's...never mind." She bit her lip and consentrated on walking.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:49 pm

Chiaro stopped for a moment, and placed his hand against a tree.

"This entire forest is radiating with magic... but the source is not the forest itself. The trees merely act as relays, causing too much interference to locate the source itself. Let's just keep on going."

A while later, the group arrived at the camp. A few tents were still standing in the clearing, but it seemed most supplies were removed. Wether they had been removed by the first team, or by the natives of the island was unclear, but it was clear the it had happened in a hurry. There was no sign of anything alive.

After looking around a bit, Chiaro moved to the center of the camp.

"It'll be getting dark soon. We'll rest here. Move away from the trees, and I'll make this place a bit safer..."

After everyone had moved away from the trees, Chiaro closed his eyes and concentrated his energy. Slowly but surely, the trees surrounding the clearing began to grow towards each other, creating a sort of barrier around the camp.

When most openings had closed, Chiaro opened his eyes and looked around again.

"Good. This'll help, should they attack us here. For safety, we'll still have to keep someone standing guard. Hikari, you're first guard. You guys decide how to divide the rest of the night. I've spent too much energy right now, I'm going to sleep."

Kuro Kodomo

Me next me next!

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:35 am

Kuro touched Hikari's arm lightly, "I'll take next watch if you want, say, an hour or two?"

She sat down and started to scratch random doodles in a patch of dirt with a small twig.

"I'll stay up with you if ya want..."

PSLoyalist

um, no me

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:15 pm

Duranja reholstered his guns, but kept one of them off safty.

"I'll take next guard, with you if you want," Duranja said to Kuro, "If anyone wants, i'll say up all night and help scan the woods," Duranja smiled, "i can go a Day or two without sleep before it starts effecting me in combat."

saberlock

bleh, I'll pass ^_^

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:17 pm

"It's not good for you to go days without sleeping, you know?"

Miranda said, picking up the conversation.

"Anyway, you guys figure it out by yourselves. I'll go after you guys. And I'll make sure Chiaro takes the last shift."

She yawned.

"I'm tired... All this walking trough the forest has really worn me out. I'm going to find a place to sleep. Wake me up when it's my turn."

Miranda turned around, and walked towards one of the tents. While she was walking away, you could just hear her mumble "Stupid jungle mission... Next time I'm staying in the cities..."

PSLoyalist

Re: bleh, I'll pass ^_^

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:03 pm

"She's right," Duranja said looking down at his guns, "If i didn't get any sleep, a tired eye wouldn't help my aim."

Duranja got up, "I'll go after Kuro," He said walking away.

Kuro Kodomo

Magic and Bordom, Good or bad? You decide.

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:12 pm

After getting bored with drawing little cats with swords and big daisies biting of the heads of little stick people, Kuro decided to pratice her magic.

She closed her eyes, steepled her fingers and pictured a chain, made of simple chunky links and with a clasp that looked similar to a Dragon biting it's tail. She concentrated on each link seprately before moving on to the complicated clasp. She sat there for some ten minutes before opening her eyes to see what she had produced...

saberlock

Re: Magic and Bordom, Good or bad? You decide.

Unread postby saberlock » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:06 am

When Kuro opened her eyes, all she saw in her hands was a little lump of shapeless metal, that quickly disappeared.

Meanwhile, it was slowly beginning to get darker...

Kuro Kodomo

The Darkness, it comes.

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:47 am

Kuro pouted for a moment before she noticed that night had fallen.

"Well, this might turn out to be an interesting night, eh Hikari?"

saberlock

Y_Y

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:49 am

((Kuro and PSL, please read the OOC topic...))

Previous

Return to Other RPs