Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
EKDS5k

Re: ...

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:18 pm

I have a feeling I just got ripped off, but hey, it's not like I paid for those rubies anyway.

"The feeling is mutual."

He took the opal, and immediately got back to work...

You only get one chance at this, so don't screw it up.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:13 pm

((For the forging of the blade, Keldorn rolled successfully. For the creation of a blade compatable with the hilt's own natural magic, Keldorn rolled a critical success. For attatching the blade to the hilt, Keldorn rolled a success. You have created a blade of unusual strenth, magical sharpness, and surrounded by a perpetual hasting aura, which will benifit it's user. As a result of the critical success, the blade also has a chance of slowing it's target. Happy fun stuff! ^_^))

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:25 pm

(Hurrah! And now, watch as I refrain from posting for a while. Since Keldorn's been working for presumably several hours, and only a minute or two has passed for the others, I am once again so far out of continuity. Whee.)

Nick Shogun

*so angry*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:25 pm

Genji turned to gaze at Elena. "What do you think we should do with him? We can't just let him go." There was calm in his voice, and it seemed as though Genji was settling down.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:28 am

'Well we can't just let him go, can we?' Commented Carlae. She bit her bottom lip. 'Shouldn't we hand him over to the proper authorities?'

Elementalist Daien

Re: Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:23 pm

Elena sighed and started to walk away.

"You do whatever. Not worth my time", she said, going off to her room for a nice rest after all that studying...

Nick Shogun

Bitch Alert!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:19 am

Genji snarled as she left. "A very irked young woman," he mentioned out the side of his mouth. Composing himself, he grabbed the thief by the neck and lifted him up, pressing his dagger against the thief's back. "You will live dis day, man. Carlae... any idea where da nearest prison is?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Bitch Alert!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:54 am

"I believe that I can help you there."

The two turned to see Friss's mighty figure in the door. "I've become very fffamiliar with the local prisssson sssyssstem in the past fffew weeksss." The lizard ducked his head and stepped into the room. "I thank you for apprehending thisss thief. He would be the first one to get away with any of my equipment out of four attemptssss, if you had not ssstopped him." The lizard broke into a pointy toothed grin. "Would you like to turn him in yourssself?"

Nick Shogun

Mmm... convenient.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:17 am

"Genji would much like to break his neck, but dat is not so kindly looked upon dis days. Four times, you say?" Genji glared at Friss with apprehension. "What exactly are you hiding, friend?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:07 am

Carlae eyed Friss with undisguised awe. She knew how powerful his kind were, of course, but to have dealt with three thieves like this one... She was quite sure she could not cope with even one.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:28 pm

Friss's grin widened. "Hiding? I hide nothing. Only, it ssseemsss that you have not yet fully underssstod how much thessse sssurfassce people dissspissse thossse who are not human. They are willing to do anything they think will harm thossse who are unlike them. Without the consstant threat of dangersss from the aliensss below confronting them, it would not sssurprissse me if they moved to finish the extermination of usss they ssstarted ffifteen years ago."

The event Friss refered to was the Empire war, now long past, and only a mere memory of hard times in the minds of most. It had been a dark time indeed, but apparently not entirely forgotten in the minds of those who lived beneath the surface, who had felt it's effects the hardest. And, it seemed, distrust was still very near to people's hearts after all this time, regarless of where people were from.

"In an cassse... you are right. Ssimply killing him would be a bad idea. The I will take you to the prissson, iff you wisssh..."

Nick Shogun

Yeah, why not?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:06 pm

Genji nodded. "To da prison, den. I see no further need to waste my time with him." The Nephillim grabbed the man's arms and held them behind his back. "Let's go. Lead da way."

JoshuaDurron

GM does stuff to move the plot along.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:50 am

And so Genji and Carlae took their captured prisoner downtown, so to speak, and spent a fair portion of the remainder of the afternoon there. By the time they got through all the questioning and beauracracy, it was almost dusk, and they saw no point in breaking with Friss, as they would just have to meet him at the inn in a half hour anyways. The trio returned to the inn and waited for the arrival of Keldorn and Elena...

Nick Shogun

Indeed, bitchiness.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:11 pm

Genji was mad enough after the short scuffle he had with the human thief earlier, but now he was bored, so he focused on how Keldorn was taking an annoyingly long time making his new dagger.

EKDS5k

Re: Yeah, why not?

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:04 pm

Keldorn, having already packed up his things, was well on his way to the inn with the equipment for the rest. He was covered in dirt and soot from working in the forge all day, but he didn't care. He suspected the others wouldn't either, though the combination of being very dirty as well as incredibly pale made him stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd.

Spotting them in the inn, he walked over, practically grinning.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:15 pm

Elena, after taking a well deserved nap (unless the GM has anything to say about that...), woke up. The nap wasn't that long, since she was used to sleeping short times, especially during her time as an apprentice in the Tower of Magi...

She stood up, and gave a tired look outside, that was still "Elena", despite her just having woken up. However, the reason why she was so interested in looking outside was to see the sun, to get an idea of the time.

Then, she turned around, and slowly put on her robes on again, having just woken up, and clutched the the front, pulling it tighter, still feeling a bit cold from having walked out from a comfortable bed. Of course, this would not stop her. A short while of arranging herself and her clothes, taking her staff and robes and she was back out. She knew where to meet the others, and there she went.

Nick Shogun

Hmm... at last he arrives.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:18 pm

Genji's eyebrow raised as Keldorn approached. "Glad to see you did not kill yourself back there. Did you take care of my dagger?"

EKDS5k

You'll get your damn dagger when I'm good and ready.

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:25 am

"Your new dagger," he replied, "is far superior to that old one."

He set down his pack and dug through it for a moment, his hand emerging holding the enchanted blade he had forged this morning. He handed the polished metal blade to the Nephilim.

"It's got a small fire enchantment on it....Try throwing it at something."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:25 pm

Carlae smiled at Keldorn, but her smile faded at his last comment. Glancing over at Genji, she instinctively slumped a little lower in her seat.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:30 pm

Noting Carlae's reaction, Keldorn's mind clicked and he remembered who he was talking to.

"Er....nothing in here. Wait until we're outside and away from....anything breakable."

Nick Shogun

HAHAHA/ woo.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:13 pm

Genji nodded. "Genji has no plans to set the town ablaze. Now, were we doing something, or should we just stand here like fools?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:18 pm

"Not quite patient, are you." Elena muttered as she joined the others. She was still a bit tired, her eyes still half-open and her speech slow, but she was pretty much awake.

"Good. We have no further time to waste. Thanks for waiting" she said, a bit sarcastically, and prepared to leave.

Nick Shogun

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:14 pm

Genji leaned over and nudged Carlae. "Where ah we goin'?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:23 pm

"We are going back to the underground." Friss answered in his reptilian rasp. "More sssepsscifically, back to the encampment I was dissspatched ffrom. Onssce there, we shall begin our ssscouting of the Vahnatai'sss movementsss. There are no major sssupliesss available there, asss it isss a sspartan plassce, and they don't know when to exsspect usss. Do you have everything you will require?"

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:05 pm

"Wait, we're leaving now? I could do with a bit of sleep, first...Oh, and before I forget..."

He dug into his bag and procured the promised bracers for Elena.

"These should help you, at least a little."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:22 pm

'Elena's the only one who's got any sleep at all, I think.' Responded Carlae. 'Genji and I were helping take a thief to the prison, so I didn't get to take the nap I wanted.'

She yawned delicately, then quickly stifled it. 'Don't worry, I'm still awake enough to travel, as long as you don't intend to make a forced march.' She said, smiling slightly.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:07 pm

Friss grinned. "There will be time to sssleep onssce we arrive at the encampent. But iff we wissssh to get there sssoon, we musst move now. The portal between here and there opensss only onssce a week, at dussk of the sssecond day."

Nick Shogun

Niehther,

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:44 pm

Genji grinned in agreeement, smacking Carlae approvingly on the shoulder. "Genji is not tired either. By all means, let us all get goin'."

Previous

Return to Other RPs