Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Home is Nowhere

Re: Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:25 pm

He looked down at how he was dressed. They seemed like fairly average clothes to him, maybe slightly subpar even.

"I beg to see this difference." He said, screwing his eyes up slightly.

"You must not make that many friends, seeing as you verbally attack every stranger that speaks to you." Jack retorted, a vitriolic tinge of sarcasm biting at the edge of his words.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:28 pm

"I was referring to the skin colour, idiot."

She did not bother to answer the other one. She didn't have any friends. No, she had them, but they were old, now. One of them was the mage in Moon's library...

Home is Nowhere

Re: Yes, Elena IS annoying. =D

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:32 pm

D'oh! Hrm..

"Eh, guess you caught me there. So what if I'm a surfacer though?" Jack said, kind of annoyed he had been caught.

Edited by: Home is Nowhere at: 3/19/03 2:55:44 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:47 pm

(OOC: Exiles are UNNATURALLY pale. No surfacer, except maybe an albino, would be as pale as an Exile. White pale, that means.)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:49 pm

((Daien is correct, HiN, please edit your post appropriately.))

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:23 pm

"... And, one last question..." she said, ignoring his question.

"Why would Solberg let a TOTAL stranger in our group?". Seeing that she was probably getting on his nerves, she added,

"If I'm getting on your nerves, just keep in mind I have reasons to be wary. A lot of them."

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:34 pm

"Good question, maybe you should ask him?" was Jack's annoyed response.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:56 pm

"Or maybe you should tell me yourself." Elena said. Her "blast him" instincts were kicking in, but she held back. Not in the middle of Moon, surely.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:00 pm

'Or maybe we should send you back to him and ask him for a little more proof than what you have given.' Piped up Carlae from her location nearby. 'If you know our task, I don't think you can blame us for being extremely cautious. And frankly, Elena, I don't think it is wise to be having this conversation here.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:06 pm

"Yes, you are right." she agreed with Carlae. Immediately, she turned around and walked out.

"If you want to talk, come out. If not, you can go back from where you came from... Jack." she said. The last bit was forced, almost saracastic.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:34 pm

Jack simply rolled his eyes and pushed past the two, out the door. He had decided this job wasn't worth the money if it involved dealing with two as annoying as them. Five minutes alone of conversation with them had almost driven him into a fit. God knows what weeks and weeks would have done. With that, he left, off to another journey.

(OOC: Er.. forget this :/ This is highly tedious and annoying. The next time you ask someone to join your RP, please try not to make it so .. annoying Image . Maybe another time, sorry this didn't work out.)

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:30 pm

Genji growled as fierociously as he could. "Such a pathetic being, to try an' steal for pers'nal profit. I'll tear your arms off."

Why was theft such a big deal to Genji? He'd done it a million times. But his mind was freezing over right now, giving into that animal instinct. He was not quite sure why...

Elementalist Daien

Watch me break Rule 0 yet again.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:58 pm

Elena turned around roughly, annoyed that he left like that, and her suspicions confirmed, at least in her mind.

"Imperial spy..." she said to herself, glaring at the direction in which Jack left.

JoshuaDurron

The GM will make an exception to the rule...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:16 am

((Hm... didn't entirely anticipate that... But the RPer has made his decision, so we'll let him walk. Hadn't entirely anticipated this level of difficulty in making things work, but if it's gonna be there, I'll just leave the slot standing open for now. On with the show.))

The thief stood poised for another blow, holding his dagger viciously clenched in one hand. "I've had enough of you freaks. Can't you just crawl back into your caves and leave the humans alone? Why do you have to come here and bother us, huh? And you bring those WORMS* too! Well some of us won't put up with it. We'll get you to leave one way or another. And if you won't take the hint and leave on your feet, you'll do it on you back, on the way to your GRAVE!"

*Note: 'Worms' is a term used to refer to Exiles during the period before the reconciliation between the surface and Exile. It has fallen out of use for the most part by now, but is still used by those who wish to be truly insulting.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:40 pm

(Eh, if the guy can't cope with roleplaying a situation like that he's not worth our time anyway.)

Carlae frowned after him, hands on her hips.

'So much for secrecy...' She thought aloud. 'Perhaps we had better get going as soon as possible, Elena. I suddenly don't like this town that much.

Nick Shogun

RULE O?! What is that?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:29 pm

Genji's deep-throated roar shook the doorway he stood in, and the Nephillim leapt at the theif. There was a glare of evil intent in his eyes. "Genji will not be referred to as 'worm' by any creature, especially one of your kind! Pathetic!"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: The GM will make an exception to the rule...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:45 pm

Hearing the roar from the bar, Carale jumped in shock.

That sounded like Genji...

She ran to the stairs (I'm assuming it's a two story building. If not, correct me and I'll edit.) and took them two at a time, wondering what would cause Genji to roar like that...

JoshuaDurron

Rule 0: Do not give ideas to your GM...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:18 pm

((It's a one story building, like most buildings.))

The man sneered at Genji. "Well that's just tough, kitty. But if you don't like it, I'll just have to teach you a lesson."

The man took another lunge at Genji, which was deflected by the hunter's bracer. Things could get difficult after this, though...

Carlae, in the mean time, found herself in the hall just outside the room, seeing these events as they took place...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: RULE O?! What is that?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:04 pm

(I think we mean the same thing. When I say two story I mean Ground and First floors.)

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:23 pm

(Ground and first? Ground and SECOND! And can I get a call on those bracers, or shall I just remain in limbo forever?)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:26 pm

((Um... OK, there is only one floor in this building. THERE ARE NO STAIRS. ALSO: Sorry, Doc, I've been having some E-mail problems of late, so I never got any info you may have sent me on the issue. Try to get ahold of me via IM sometime tomorrow, and we'll work it out then.))

EKDS5k

Re: RULE O?! What is that?

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:43 pm

(Well, they're....bracers. Made of iron, and enchanted to be even stronger, as I said. There's uh.....not much more to tell than that.)

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:27 pm

Seeing as there was nothing better to do, and if it was Genji, there was bound to be trouble, Elena decided to see for herself as well, only taking it much calmer than Carlae was.

Nick Shogun

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:56 am

Genji's footing slipped and he stepped awkwardly back, pressed against the wall. "Humans... see the misdeeds dey perform on Genji. You will be ah example."

The Nephillim reached for the man's throat, hoping to strangle him and end the fight quickly.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:00 pm

((Doc, your bracer rolls were a success. ::nodnod:: So RP the forging, and stuff, and you'll be set.))

The thief ducked under Genji's arm, driving one shoulder into his gut and tripping him, running towards the door. "Sorry, kitty, but you're attracting to much attention. Maybe some other time."

As he moved to dash out the door, however, he nearly ran down Carlae.

Nick Shogun

Arrr.... that little punk.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:12 pm

Genji grunted as he slammed against the thick wooden floorboards, rolling onto his back and gazing in a confused expression at the ceiling. Pain shot through his right leg, and while his vision was blurred, he could make out two figures in the doorway-- the thief and another human.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

ONOing

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:39 pm

Shocked by what she was seeing, Carlae's gut reaction was to lash out - and this is what she did, punching at the man's face before he could act himself.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

ONOing

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:41 pm

Shocked by what she was seeing, Carlae's gut reaction was to lash out - and this is what she did, punching at the man's face before he could act himself.

JoshuaDurron

How to BS a Cleric's barehanded critical hit into existence

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:51 pm

((Could an admin delete one of those double posts?))

As Carlae took her frantic swing, the man whipped his face around to see what he had run into. It proved to be a bad move.

Carlae's fist, which happened to have a quartz ring on one finger, wound up landing right in his eye. Stars exploded everywhere, and he staggered back, clutching at his wounded eyeball. No blood was visibile, but it clearly hurt. In the mean time, Genji's vision had cleared and he was in a position to trip the man, if he so desired.

Elena arived just as Carlae gave the thief a black eye he wouldn't soon forget. Obviously, their day of fun in the surface city was far from over...

((Something resembling combat underway here... Genji or Elena may act))

Elementalist Daien

Re: ONOing

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:23 pm

Elena stopped to look at the scene. She did not get why they were fighting, but she was sure that is Carlae was involved, then the one fighting against them was there. Besides, she wasn't one to chicken out.

Instead, she wanted to make him chicken out...

Grinning in a very unnerving (to others) way, she crossed her arms and raised a finger, to which she gathered energy to prepare an Ice Bolt, in a reduced way, only for show.

"What's going on, Carlae, Genji?" she said, regaining her usual glare.

Nick Shogun

GRRR...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:22 am

Genji reached out for the man's legs, trying to hold him in one place. "Just foolin', girl... care to lend me ah hand?! Kill this bastard before he gets away!"

JoshuaDurron

Re: GRRR...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:40 pm

The thief toppled over and landed next to Genji, his dagger slipping from his grasp. As he hit the floor, however, he managed to land a punch in the hunter's midsection. Genji grunted slightly, but was not hurt enough to loose his grip. So the man began reaching for something secured in the back of his belt, invisible to Genji, but visible to Elena and Carlae.

Elena, at least, would have no trouble identifying the long, grey bone with a topaz imbedded in the tip. It was a wand of lightning bolts, a very potent piece of magical equipment capable of stopping the hunter dead in his tracks, and possible killing him if he was struck with it's spell enough times...

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:28 pm

"I wouldn't try that if I were you."

Elena said, pointing her palm at the thief, and after muttering a few words, she grinned one of her good old sadistic grins.

"I'm not going to waste too much time on you. So either you drop that wand, or else you're going to find yourself as the inn's new ornament on that wall."

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:32 pm

Keldorn worked away in the blascksmith's shop, hammering away at bracers for Elena. As promised, he enchanted the metal for her, ensuring that it would take a really powerful blow to actually damage them.

Once he finished that, he got started on the blade for his hilt. He figured five feet long would be adequate, and helped himself to a suitable amount of iron.

I should enchant this thing somehow....But with what? We've already got two flaming weapons, the knife and my hammer....I wonder if they have any gems here...

He sought out the head blacksmith, and inquired if they had any gems (sapphires, emeralds, quartzes, etc etc), hoping to be able to trade across for some rubies.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:43 pm

The head blacksmith frowned. "Well, we do have a small white opal on hand... but there's not many weapon's enchanters near here, perhaps two of them in a two day's journey."

He examined one of the rubies Keldorn was offering and nodded once. "I think we can take two of these in exchange for the opal. If you want, another three should cover the costs of renting and materials... we can call ourselves even at that. What do you say?" The smith quirked an eyebrow.

Keldorn's mind worked away, realizing that a white opal could very well be a powerful enchanting tool, not only serving to reinforce the strength of the blade, making it nearly unbreakable, but also creating a permanent hasting effect around the weapon, which would benifit it's user greatly. It could be a good deal, if he did the smithsmanship properly...

Meanwhile, back at the inn, the thief didn't drop his wand, but before he could use it, Elena ran out of patience and let her spell fly. It worked exactly as advertized, blasting the thief in the back with superchilled air. She had kept the spell's power level down to avoid hurting Genji, so the thief didn't die, but merely wound up curled in a ball on the floor, shivering and whimpering in pain. He was clearly in shock. Now... how to explain all this to the inn manager? And more importantly, the room's occupant, who they would have to be spending no small amount of time with? This was the problem they now faced...

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:13 am

Genji regained his footing and glared at the curled-up burgler menacingly. "So... you thought you could jus' steal what struck yer fancy? Not likely," he mouthed in his barbaric tongue and horrible grammar. The huge man reached down and grabbed the thief firmly by the neck. "Did the Slith possibly have anything else that would interest you?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: ...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:39 am

The thief wriggled in Genji's grasp, clearly finding it painful. In answer to his question, he merely shook his head once or twice, clearly to far gone to answer audibly, much less struggle effectively against Genji's hold.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:29 am

Elena sighed. That was clearly not worth her time, and walked to pry the wand from the thief. He may yet use it, despite his bad condition.

"Waste of time." she muttered

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:09 am

Keldorn thought for a moment. Five rubies was quite a bit, but then he had used a fair amount of materials. He nodded.

"That sounds fair, I guess."

He went over to his backpack, and retrieved the five gems, handing them over to the blacksmith.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:34 am

Once he had his goods, the smith turned a thumb sized opal over to Keldorn. The gem was of fine quality, and without a flaw. It would make a good spell componet. "Pleasure doing buisness with you." The man said with a smile.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs