Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
EKDS5k

Re: Blades of Exile - Legends Underground (Closed freestyle

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:59 pm

"Bracers are perfect, then. They'll let you use your arms to protect yourself, and they're not very heavy at all..."

In his head, he began thinking up what style of bracers he'd make, looking at Elena's wrists to judge how big they should be.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:51 pm

Elena's wrists? They ain't much. She's a mage, and didn't have too much time to train, not that she'd be interested in. Not only that, but she seems genetically also on the thin side, and, well, has pretty thin wrists.

EKDS5k

So you're saying she has thin wrists?

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:58 pm

She has pretty thin wrists....

Nick Shogun

Maybe he is. What's it to ya?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:26 am

By now, the alluring smell of mystery had Genji wandering all over the inn, sniffing tables in his quest to find the eminition of this strange, unknown smell.

Tired of walking, Genji returned to his seat in the hall, A place of many fine naps, and simply gazed at the pretty jewel he had purchased a few hours earlier. It was really quite fancy.

JoshuaDurron

That door is a jar...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:49 am

Genji, meanwhile, was entranced by his own crystal purchase. But that didn't distract his keen senses from hearing a soft curse a moment later, then a shuffling footfall from somewhere nearby. When he looked up, he noted that just down the hall from his position, a door was slightly cracked open. It didn't take an expert's eye to see that the lock had been cut through by a small saw, and whoever was in that room probably wasn't meant to be there...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: That door is a jar...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:13 pm

'You should really take advantage of Keldorn's offer, Elena.' Carlae commented. 'His work really is of excellent quality. Here, look at this.' She pulled out the dagger and handed it to Elena.

'I might as keep my old one', she mused. 'As a spare. Which means I'll need to get a new sheath for this one.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:50 pm

"Sure. Why not. Don't go out of your way to, though."

She didn't need it. It was just a bit of metal around the arms, nothing better than she could do with magic. But both together may help.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:58 pm

"I'll see what I can do, then. Course you'll have to pay for the metal, but it's lots cheaper than buying finished ones...Especially when you consider that I can enchant them to be even better. Anyway, it's up to you, but the way I see it, the better protected we are, the better."

Even as he spoke, he was looking around for en empty table.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:05 pm

There was an empty table not ten feet to Keldorn's left, one of four that were in a fair sized clump near one side of the market. Two people were sitting at the nearby tables, but they immidiately got up and left as Keldorn and the two women approached. Apparently, surface dwellers were still uneasy around Exiles, despite the fact that the two had been coexisting again for almost ten years.

As Keldorn took a seat, he noted that the sun was directly overhead, and remembered that Solberg had mentioned leaving that evening. Forging the braces would not take much time, but a blade for his hilt might take more...

Nick Shogun

OPPERTUNITY KNOCKERS.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:01 am

Genji frowned at the sight of forced entry. "Does Genji really give a damn?" he asked himself as he stood up. "Eh, beats sitting around and waiting."

The Nephillim trotted as quietly as possible (which wasn't very quiet) to the slightly opened door and peekled through the crack.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:45 pm

Sitting down on the chair, her mind promptly wondered on her one goal once again. Her obsession, you could say. All the time, she felt incomplete. She felt like there is only half of her..

She took out the book, put it on its other side, and stared at the mark. For a few minutes.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:48 pm

Genji peered into the room and saw two familiar things. First was a huge, two tined spear leaned up against the wall, clearly one that could only be wielded by the only Slithzerikai in the city, Friss.

The second was one of the humans who had been out in the bar earlier that day, who was attempting to lift the weapon just as he looked in. He already had a large wooden shield slung across his back. It was doubtful the lizard warrior would wish anyone to carry his equipment around for any reason, so he had apparently just discovered a burglary in progress...

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:43 pm

Keldorn was in the process of combining some bread and meat to form.....well, a sandwich, when Elena pulled out her book and stared at it. He looked over, trying to see what had her so enraptured.

"Something special about that symbol, or what?"

Elementalist Daien

Thus why Elena is freaky. =P

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:23 am

Without noticing, half rambling, Elena started to mutter something incomprehensible... Then said, still in the rambling voice:

"This is the mark of Erika, Keldorn. The best wizardess that Exile has ever seen. Thrown in Exile after losing a political power struggly, she practically prevented Exile from dying out, cursed by Garzahd so that the slightest touch of the sun would kill her... Which proved to be her undoing, when she died to protect both the surface and Exile from the threat of the Vahnatai..."

She shook her head.

"You probably already knew this story, didn't you." she said, and shrugged.

OMG DOC

ONO I AM ON CAMPUS???!?!!

Unread postby OMG DOC » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:55 am

He nodded.

"Yeah, I knew all that...Just didn't recognise the symbol, is all. Doesn't show up all that often when all you do is metalworking. Why are you staring so....intently at it, though?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:46 pm

With this question, Elena raised the book, and put it back, realizing how much of a show she made, at least in front of Keldorn and Carlae.

"Everyone has his secrets." she added, and looked straight at Keldorn in a way that seemed as if he wasn't even there. "Maybe some day you'll know. Maybe."

Maybe... Maybe...

They probably were quite worrying about Elena's sanity at this point.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:13 pm

'O...kay.' Was all Carlae could think of to say.

'Keldorn, are you done eating? We don't have all that long left if you want to get your work done in time. As for me.. I think I'll head back to the inn and have a nap. Is that oaky with you...?'

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:46 pm

Keldorn kinda looked at her funny, and nodded slowly.

"Right...."

Leaving her to her book, he turned back to his half-finished sandwich. Part of him was still hungry, but part of him wanted to get back to work. Another part agreed with the second part, thinking that he might need a while to make that blade. A final part was indifferent to his actions, but didn't really want Carlae to take off, and thus abstained from voting. Two to one, then. He turned to Carlae.

"Well I'll ah....I'll miss your company, but if you're tired, go ahead..."

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:58 pm

The dull, rhythmic sound of boots contacting the hard wooden floor of the library echoed throughout the building. A page looked up from his work, an eye quirked slightly in an inquisitive manner.

"And who might you be?" The page asked in a hushed voice to the stranger. The dull pounding of the footsteps ceased as the man halted his walk, looking up at the page with a set of emerald-green eyes.

"Jack Leban. I'm looking for someone..", the stranger replied. The page judged the man to be fairly young, perhaps eighteen to twenty one years of age. Maybe slightly older, perhaps. Taking note of the man's somewhat rugged, unkempt appearance, the page also judged him to be an adventurer or traveller.

"And who might that be?", the page asked, still looking at the stranger with caution. He didn't appear to be armed, save some sort of a sword that was sheathed on his belt. It looked like a fairly long sword. The page judged it to be perhaps four or five feet in length and of fine build.

"Solberg.", Jack said.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:09 pm

"If there's one thing I hate, it's the dishonor of a fellow warrior's most sacred possessions," grunted Genji aloud, slamming the door open as wide as it could go, nearly ripping it off the hinges. "But if there's one thing I like, it's vengeance for such a crime."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:52 am

The page nodded to Jack, and disappeared up the steps to the second floor of the building for a moment. A while later, he returned, saying, "Come this way, please."

A few moments later, Jack found himself in the upstairs office of Solberg, which Elena had left a few hours ago. The elderly mage was still there, with books and papers stacked neatly on his desk. "What can I do for you, son?"

As Genji's voice rose, the man dropped the equipment he held in shock, part at being discovered, part at being yelled at by such an imposing figure. Swearing violently, he backed further into the room, looking first one way, then the other. However, there was only one exit to this room, and Genji was blocking it. The man snorted, and produced a knife from a pocket, yelling, "You freaks! First lizards, then kitties, you all should go back in the caves where you belong!"

With that he made a quick swipe at Genji's arm with his blade. Fortunately for the hunter, he was easily able to back out of the way in time. As he did so, however, his keen nose caught the strong smell of a poison on the blade's tip. He would have to be especially careful this time...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 3/14/03 9:57:14 am

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:31 pm

The adventurer made himself comfortable in the chair across from Solberg. His expression was dispassionate.

"What can you tell me about the Vahnatai?", He said, cutting straight to the chase.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:47 pm

Solberg laughed quietly. "Do you want to hear everything we know about them, or just one part?"

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:52 pm

"What've they been up to lately?" He inquired, his face remaining dispassionate, despite Solberg's laughter.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:58 am

"Aaaah," Solberg nodded slowly. "That is more of an issue, and involves a number of things that I cannot tell just anyone who wishes to hear. Perhaps if I knew more of why you wish to know this?"

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:26 pm

"Hrm.. I wonder what I should tell him?" , Jack thought. He paused a moment, thinking up his reply before answering.

"I've been hired by an anonymous benefactor, it seems. He wishes for me to find out more about them." He spoke, his poker-face remaining etched onto his visage.

JoshuaDurron

>_> He's old, but he's still sharp

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:55 pm

Solberg nodded in understanding.

"So the Empire wishes to know exactly what the Vahnatai are up to, is that it?" Clearly, the old mage had suspected this from the beginning. "Now if you've been told to maintain secrecy on this mission, then I have no problem with that. But to tell you the truth, we don't know much about the current movements of the Vahnatai except what your people probably have already guessed: That they are gathering some sort of magical power for an unknown purpose. We don't know exactly what, and we are currently preparing a team to send down there and investigate."

Solberg reached over and pulled up a piece of paper. "If you wish, however, I can propose a solution that might be benificial for both myself, and your employers. Our team is staying in the nearby in." Solberg began writing something on the paper, "Give them this note, and they'll let you join them on their expidition underground. It's up to you what you tell them about your purposes, but I can almost completely assure you that you will find out everything your employers wish to know regardless."

Solberg placed the paper on his desk and pushed it towards Jack half way. All he would have to do is pick it up. "Do we have a deal?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

...as a butter knife.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:54 pm

(Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Some shit came up, with the net result I haven't been able to get online.)

'Aww, that's sweet of you, Keldorn.' Carlae smiled. 'I think I should get some rest before we leave though... The journey here was a little tiring. I'll see you two later!'

She stood, waved, then walked back to the inn.

Home is Nowhere

Re: ...as a butter knife.

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:13 pm

Jack nodded once, concealing his surprise at how sharp the old man was. He quietly took the paper and left the library, paper in hand.

After a brief walk, he arrived at the inn that Solberg had described. The door was wide open so he let himself in and looked about, his emerald eyes scanning for the "team" he was supposed to meet up. He clenched the note Solberg had given him tightly in his right hand.

"'Lo? Anybody here know a man named Solberg?" Jack called out.

Edited by: Home is Nowhere at: 3/15/03 5:46:57 pm

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:14 am

"See you later, then. If you find Genji, tell him I've got his knife."

He took another couple bites of his sandwich, then set the rest down on his plate and turned to Elena.

"Well, I guess I should get back to work, and get started on those bracers for you..."

He wiped his hands on a napkin, downed the rest of his drink, stood up, and headed back towards the blacksmith. Getting straight to work, he began fashioning a pair of iron bracers for the mage, enchanting them to be somewhat harder than normal metal. As it was, the new pair would be better than his current set, being made of bronze, but the large difference in size between his wrist and hers made any sort of exchange impossible. Ah well. If I've got time after making the blade, I'll see if I can make myself something...

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:00 pm

Elena nodded, and went back to staring. Not like she had anything better to do. Except maybe.. Best thing, yes.

She stood up and went towards the inn. The long reading had given her a headache, and she was going to sleep it off. Hopefully.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:18 pm

... And he just seemed to hang out in the inn, which was almost deserted except for him. That is, until Elena walked in.

"'Scuse me, but are you part of the group I'm supposed to meet here? Solberg sent me." He said kindly. He held up the note that Solberg had given him, awaiting her response.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:32 pm

Elena stopped, and glared at him in a way that seemed to go through him. She tilted a bit, still glaring at him, then asked:

"And what's it to you?"

Her tone of voice was harsh, and her gaze, and even her beauty were penetrating. Most people would feel quite uncomfortable.

(OOC: There. Edits done.)

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 3/16/03 3:44:28 pm

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:50 pm

He disregarded her glare, as he'd been glared at plenty of times. He'd also been cursed at, yelled at, and had various blunt objects thrown at him. So his smile widened slightly.

"Well, Solberg wants me to join the group. Judging by how defensive you're acting, you're probably part of it." He spoke, his grin remaining. He offered her his hand.

"Jack Leban, adventurer. Pleased to meet you." He spoke again.

(*EDIT* OOC: Oops, gah, I hit new post. Sorry. I'm feeling pretty sick right now, so I'm going to head up to my room. I'll be back later.)

Edited by: Home is Nowhere at: 3/16/03 3:51:37 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:11 pm

Elena did not shake his hand. Instead, she crossed her arms, and looked, slightly amusedly, at Jack.

"A surfacer? Part of our group?" ...

"Ah well. We do share a common enemy, don't we..."

She stayed in silence, then, still thinking whether she should send him to hell or have patience.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:49 pm

Carlae had been distracted by a few stores on her way back to the inn, and so arrived at the inn a little after Elena to find the mage staring at a surfacer. She looked from one to the other, confused.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:11 pm

"Mmhmm, a common enemy." Jack said, giving no hint whatsoever that he was lying. He'd lied through most of his life, so he'd had plenty of practice. Lying to a complete stranger wasn't a big accomplishment to him.

"So, where are the others?" He asked.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:38 pm

Yet that wasn't what Elena was going on about. In any case, as she was asked the question, she shot another glare, and replied.

"Who said you're one of us? Solberg might, but I'm still not letting a surfacer be part of us."

... She had a thought which made her blood boil.

"How would a surface adventurer know of this anyway?"

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:15 pm

I'm starting to think this job is more trouble than it's worth.

While outwardly, Jack looked fairly happy and pleasant, inwardly he was sort of annoyed with the girl, who was making many assumptions.

"Well, I want to collect information about the Vahnatai. It's a hobby of mine; collecting information about various species. As for living on the surface, how would you know that? If you really want to know, I don't have a home." Jack said in a rather commanding tone of voice, his grin fading slightly.

Elementalist Daien

Yes, Elena IS annoying. =D

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:29 pm

"Now. I'm sorry, but I can't believe THAT." she said.

"Firstly, I seriously hope you're gaining a profit from this or something, because the Vahnatai may well kill you if this goes as I am expecting it to."

"Secondly..." She lifted up her hand to Jack's view. Her hand was almost totally white, and a few veins too many were showing.

"Any questions as to how I know where you live? The difference is obvious" she said. Discussing was getting annoying.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 3/18/03 4:33:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs