Forgotten Legends (Full Modified Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
pd Rydia

Re: Forgotten Legends (Full Modified Philsys RP)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:27 pm

Chiere silently took the fur, putting it to good use under her cloak. She remained wordless, staring distantly at the ground, as if off in another world...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:03 pm

"Oh and Rainne... are you crazy?! Jsut because you don't deserve money doesn't mean you don't TAKE IT! I mean that money meant virtually nothing to that rich man! You could of donated it to the poor if you didn't think you deserved it.. sheesh." Ethra stretched her arms and wings a bit, "Well what to do now... what to do..." Ethra also seemed to some far distant land as her mnid wandered and contemplated.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/18/03 3:05:14 pm

Elementalist Daien

Uber-short postage.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:42 pm

Rainne blinked and shrugged.

"I'm sorry, I just can't. It's not mine. Can't take it."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:52 pm

"And how do you know what is yours?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:07 pm

"... Because I didn't do anything to earn it, obviously. It can't be mine if I don't earn it the hard way... And HONESTLY."

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Hmm....

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:26 pm

While the ragtag group talked amongst itself, they could hear snatches of small conversations going on in the streets. The people were certainly still celebrating... or trying to after the odd events of the morning.

"Hey, did ya hear about..."
"that thief, loony as a jaybird he was..."
"Demons? Hah. Ain't no such things around here."
".... really? Lord Selondor keeps one of those?"
"Why'd anyone go to that cave anyways?"
"I tell you, there IS a demon in that cave!!!"
"... diamond sure was pretty, wasn't it?"
"Yeah, stupid oozari... Why do they?"
"... He's a SORCERER, I TELL YOU."
"Yeah, he got caught by some..."

Apparently this event would likely be the talk of the town for another couple months yet. Of course, by then it would have grown into a full blown legend of some sort, with knights riding in shining armor to save maidens or something quite like that.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:36 pm

"And what about the people who don't do it honestly? What should they get, Rainne?" Ethra had stopped walking at was staring Raine in the eye.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:50 pm

"... Nothing. Nothing they gain in a less than honest way should be theirs. Plain and simple... Exception is when you have no other way, of course."

Despite living a low class life, Rainne still had a good sense of justice...

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/19/03 12:41:58 pm

pd Rydia

Re: Hmm....

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:55 pm

The voices of the villagers sounded like music sung in another language to Chiere -- beautiful, foreign, and entirely incomprehensible. She only paid them half a mind as her mind wandered to other matters...only she wasn't quite sure what her own mind was thinking of. It occurred to her that she should stop clutching her money, and put it somewhere safe.

Nervously, she tucked the money deep into her robes. She looked up to see Ethra and the human woman arguing.

"Wh, what are you tal--, arguing about?" she asked; she tried to pick up her voice to be heard, but it was still pretty quiet. "We sh-should be mov--, walking away from he--, this place..."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:48 pm

"Yes.. you're probably right... hey... think we can find someplace private to talk for a bit? I want to... talk, with you too a bit.... in private." Ethra smile had faded, and was replaced with a face of worry.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:04 pm

Dreckard's ears perked up at the sound of "Demon" and "Cave." If he was to find said demon, perhaps he should look in that cave. Unfortunately, he didn't know where it was, which was a problem.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:18 pm

"O-okay," Chiere replied nervously. Her eyes darted around the streets, refusing to look strait at Ethra...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:48 pm

"Mind if we go to a tavern? I'm a bit hungry.. I jsut realized I haven't had anything to eat all morning, coming Rainne?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:01 am

"Y-yeah, that is-, would be fine..."

Chiere looked to Rainne with imploring eyes. If she came, somehow, it'd be less scary...for some reason Chiere could not place...

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:48 am

"Sure, thanks for asking." Rainne said, smiling. The argument quickly died in her mind as she walked towards the other two.

"Do you remember the way back? I'm not sure I do.. "

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:58 pm

Ethra grinned, "What's the fun in remembering the way?" and started to walk off in the the direction that she was pretty sure she could find a bar or tavern.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:40 pm

Rainne shrugged. Ethra's reasoning was not quite normal, but she was all right... She followed her, to spend the rest of the day in peace... Of course, unless an opportunity to do something heroic herself crops up.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:40 pm

Chiere scurried along behind Rainne and Ethra, looking around the streets nervously and sticking close to the other two...

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:08 pm

Ethra's feet and instincts didn't fail her, as she managed to find her way to an interesting-looking tavern down a side street of the town. The sign over the door proclaimed it to be the Golden Flagon. However, despite the name, one would be hard pressed to see any gold in the place... a pity, that

Inside many men (and a couple women) were in various stages of intoxication, spending the few dram they had to them on beer and meals the likes of which some may not have seen for a while. Ethra and Chiere noted that a couple people were quite drunk already.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:20 pm

"Well let's get a table, you two want anything?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:19 pm

Slightly stunned by Ethra's question, Chiere struggled to come up with some sort of passable answer.

"Um...uh...some...stew and...b-bread..."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:41 pm

"Uh hu, and you Rainne?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:06 am

"I suppose some stew and bread for me too... And maybe some water..."

She looked around, trying to see if anything was out of the ordinary in said bar.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:46 am

Ethra went up to the counter and ordered the three stews with some bread, three waters and a stick of butter with a knife if the price wasn't too extravigant. Afterwards she sat down besides the others at their table. "So... what're you two doing in this town anyway? I never really got around to asking last night, we were all a bit tired and cold."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:45 pm

Rainne looked to the side, and looked at her trusty pitchfork, (which she had obviously left at the gates of the noble) which she had kept ever since she left the castle.

"Well, I look around, trying to find something adventurous to do. I suppose you've heard it before. This village like any other, so I came here, maybe I find something... Seems like something is going on here, too."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:05 pm

"Ah, oneo f those crazy adventrue people. Eh I guess it's an okay thing to do in life, no garunteed income though... not like anything is really garunteed." Ethra picked up her bowl and started drinking her soup for a bit, then set it down again. "Yes there is something going on, so what do you paln to do about it?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:40 pm

Chiere ate her stew rapidly, sopping up every last bit of broth with her bread. Somehow, she managed to leave not a crumb of bread behind as she ate it, making spare use of the butter. She watched Rainne and Ethra as they talked, not daring to offer anything to the conversation herself, waiting anxiously for a cue that she had to do something.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:22 pm

Around this time in the ladies' conversation, a couple of guys who looked (And smelled) like they'd had far too much to drink stumbled over to the table. One of em was giggling like a madman, probably too drunk to even SPEAK at this time in the night. The other barely managed to slur out "'ey... youuuusss ladies wa.. wa... wanna have a good time or somethin'? We shurrrre c'n sooow ya one... right pal?" He was answered by more of the fiendish giggles, setting him to do a little giggling of his own.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:35 pm

Ethra twitched for a moment, then gave them a smile, "Sorry, but unless you can pay a lot, I'm not interested."

And even if you had moey I'd just steal it from you.

"So please don't interrupt my conversation further?"

.......... this is going to turn into a brawl isn't it?

*sigh* you knew something like this might happen

Ya ya ya...

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/21/03 4:37:25 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:51 pm

Chiere leaped up from the table and away from the men like a startled rabbit. She grasped Ethra's shoulders and promptly hid behind her, dismayed that the other Tilan was sitting down.

The smell of the men was awful, and she had to fight down nausea to spit out the words, "G-g-g-go, a-a-a-away...!"

Edited by: pd Rydia  Image at: 1/21/03 6:10:42 pm

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:26 pm

"C... c.. c'mon... just a little kiss...." said one drunk as he leaned forwards towards Rainne, friend still laughing like a Hyena.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 1/21/03 5:28:20 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:27 pm

Rainne facepalmed. This wasn't good. Drunk people were the worst thing to get rid of, hitting them upside the head, or in the nuts (damn persistent ones....) not included.

She just sighed, and waited to see how this continued... And was quickly replied by the powers that be.

Trying to keep him away from her without going berserk, she raised her hand towards his face, and gave a light push, without even looking at him.

"Go away."

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/21/03 5:39:03 pm

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:55 pm

Rainne's little push along with the force of gravity (and the man's lack of balance) came together with a WHUMP as the man ended up staring at the ceiling perhaps more aware of how nice the wood looked or something similar.

Meanwhile, the man's friend laughed at his plight... or tried to, as he ended up throwing up in mid-laugh. Yes, it was a wonderful time to get plastered for some.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:05 pm

Chiere's hand flew up over her mouth, the smell of the vomit not helping her situation.

"Let's...go..." she muttered, voice muffled by her hand. "P-please...?"

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 1/21/03 6:12:29 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:13 pm

(oh and dia, I believe Ethra's shorter than Chiere)
"Yes... let's get out of here."

There go my plans for a nice meal and a chat.

Ethra calmly stood up, and took the money for her meal out from her pouch. Ethra gave a little smile to Rainne, "Just noticed how cute you are, no wonder they were hitting on you. we'll talk outside... probably a hell of a lot more peaceful than in here."

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 1/21/03 6:28:34 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:27 pm

Rainne looked at the Tilan, and quickly wolfed down what remained of her stew before following, shouting

"Hey! Wait up!"

... and wiping her mouth with her sleeve

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:27 pm

Dreckard was busy doing nothing. He liked it that way. He went from shop to shop, buying nothing, but seeing all. He was busy getting more rumours about this demon in a cave.

Nakibe

Oooh. Spookay.

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:41 pm

After spending quite a while gathering information from the various townspeople, Dreckard ended up with large amounts of fairly useful information. Suck as how the baker's wife had at one point run out on her husband in the past, or how Bob the farmer-down-the-lane was looking to see which of the village children had stolen his eggs earlier that morning.

However, information on the demon was a bit more scarce. Apparently someone had spotted some sort of figure out in the woods a couple of weeks ago, but no one had ever gotten a real good look at it. It was assumed that it had a home in some caves nearby, and when the matter was discussed with Lord Selondor, he decided it wasn't worth investigating. His reasoning was that they didn't link this demon sighting with anything bad happening near or around the villagem and assuming that it was going to do something was mere "peasant superstition".

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:10 pm

Once they got outside Ethra began talking again. "So again.. what're you going to do? Go investigate that cave rumor? I have my own.... ideas.... you know that crystal I returned? Diamond, whatever it was.. it... was.. calling out to me for help... and it sonuds the same as a vocie that called out to me before.. in a dream."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:20 pm

"C...calling out? What do you mean?" Chiere looked to the ground...she still wasn't exactly sorted out on the details of earlier that day...

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs