Forgotten Legends (Full Modified Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Forgotten Legends (Full Modified Philsys RP)

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:24 am

"I could just as easily ask you the same thing. Who are you, why are you trailing me, and WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING A HOOD?!" He held his staff defensively. If this guy wanted a fight, a fight he would get.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:53 am

Apparently the hooded man was getting pissed at this point. "Who I am is none of your business, Demon. As for following you.. I... why am I discussing this?"

And with that, the man started the motions of casting what looked like a spell.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:00 am

"H...HEY! Be careful with stuff like that...you might hurt someone. And who're you calling 'demon' anyways! I wasn't even doing anything wrong! I was just having a meal. Doesn't mean I have to be assaulted." He rolled his eyes, but prepared to cast a spell...if needed.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:10 am

Ethra approached the gate, running very quickly, still hopngi to make it in time... praying to make it there in time.

Don't want to offend lord, don't want to offend lord.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:10 am

Unfortunately, Ethra was faced with a common problem.... a rude guard at the gate.

"HALT. What the hell do YOU want?" he asked rather bluntly

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 1/30/03 12:13:00 am

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:13 am

Ethra bows IMMEDIATELY and says. "I wish to tell the lord that I must humbly decline his offer to stay in his house tonight, I believe he expects me back to tell him that in person, if you have just been told to take the message on to him, then fine, otherwise, please let me pass."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:56 am

Blinking, Sherah was a bit shocked at her betheren's rudeness, but shrugged it off as him having a bad day. Quietly she ambled into the bar, "Excuse me.." she hailed the tender quietly, "Are you willing to take a kimiari into your house for the night?"

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:35 pm

Ethra
--------------------------------

"Oh, really" answered the guard "Got any proof of that? Cause EVERYONE says somethin like that when they wanna come in an trash th' place." Apparently he didn't think too much of Ethra, or perhaps he hadn't heard the news for today

Sherah

The bartender looked up from his bottles and talk and looked at Sherah curiously. "Ain't got no place for ya t' stay,lil' miss, less ya gots th' dram to pay fer it, that is."

Dreckard

Dreckard started his casting, and found himself feeling a bit.... he wasn't sure what it was. Perhaps the air itself was getting heavier around him, or something like that. In any case, he felt as if his movements were being slowed down or constrained somehow.

The cloaked man grimly kept on doing whatever it was he was trying to do, weaving the aether as best he could...

Rainne & Chiere

The light was slowly fading from view inside the tavern, a sure sign that it was getting pretty late in the day. Hopefully Ethra would get through with her business before the sun was fully gone from the sky.

(OOC: No, I haven't forgotten about this RP. Sorry for having such a long period of silence from me folks. You know how that goes... The GM was Seriously Wounded... but the Soul Still Burns.... or something like that. >:P )

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 2/3/03 5:31:59 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:52 pm

"Look Sir, either you can respect my request, deliever my message, and make absolutely certain that I'm telling you a truth or a lie, or you can perhaps suffer your lords wraith if he ever hears that you were so impolite to someone who he invited to stay the night. Now will you deliever the message or let me in to tell him myself?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:02 pm

"Goddammit, if you want a fight, you sure as hell are getting it now! NETHER SHADOW!" He aimed his spell at the nearby shadows, hoping that his spell was strong enough to shape it into what he wanted: A killing machine. He didn't use this spell often, but it was his last resort usually. He hated to kill...usually.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:50 am

Dreckard

Dreckard grabbed ahold of the shadows and mentally formed it into a shape he was most familiar with... sharp claws, pointed ears, a toothy grin, and a hunched appearance all came together in one small yet ugly goblinoid creature.

The creature chuckled for a moment.... then lashed out at the hooded man, wicked claws gleaming yellow-red in the sunlight. The shining deadly claws arced downwards at the stranger.... deflected by a flash of gold and silver, a rapier appearing in the man's hand. "HAH" the man responded. "Just like a demon." Chanting a few words, the man flung an arm at Dreckard, sending magical energies whirling towards him in a quick flash.

Dreckard felt his legs and arms suddenly tighten and release, leaving him in minor pain with every movement of his muscles.

Ethra

"SURE, I'll tell him... IF he feels like hearing your.... " started the guard, stopping only when a red-and-white striped Kimari walked up to the gate as well. "Get out of my way," said the Kimari rather shortly. Pushing Ethra gently aside, he stared up fiercely at the guard.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:08 pm

Sherah looked a bit disappointed, the lack of hospitality surprised her, unaccustomed to giving money to spend a night in a person's house.

"Oh...I'm sorry..." she mumbled quietly and turned, leaving the bar. The matter that it seemed like an affront to tradition didn't effecter her as much as the fact that she didn't have any money to begin with. She began to roam the streets, seaching for a home that would kindly accept a kimiari for the night.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:52 pm

Ethra resisted the push a little, but for the most part got out of the strange one's way. She did however look up and stare into this person's eyes. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to ask nicely? And could you possibly wait for my business to be completed before troubling him with your own?"

...... great, how much more complicated is my day going to get.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:30 pm

Glancing at Ethra as the guard did a similar growling act at him, he answered her question. "No." Turning back to the guard and glaring at him harshly, he told them "Get out of my way." "No, you get the hell back you bastard. Or is that Bitch? Never can tell with you dogs."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:52 pm

Dreckard tried to calm himself, so that the next trick his foe would try would not have as bad an effect. He would absorb it...though it was risky. "Shadow...attack.." he choked out.
(mana absorbtion.)

Edited by: Squintz Altec at: 2/4/03 9:00:45 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:00 pm

"Hey, hey, settle down, what's this about?"

Just run away.

Never.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:27 pm

Dreckard

Dreckard's little shadowy goblin decided to strike as its master was concentrating, slashing at where the cloaked man's right leg would be. Unfortunately for Dreckard's assailant, he couldn't get out of the way in time much less get his rapier in line to defend as before. Slicing deep into the man's thigh the thing gibbered with glee as it pulled its claws out of the bloody gash created by it.

Gasping in pain, the man continued to gather up magical energies for the attack he already had planned. Suddenly, a wind picked up dust and various small items in the area. "SANDSTORM", he growled out as the whirling winds were sent flying towards Dreckard. But the deadly mini-twister calmed as it made its way across the short space towards Dreckard. First a raging tornado, now a fair gale... and by the time it reached Dreckard, not even a gentle breeze. The still-hooded man was in shock "WHAT?!?"

Dreckard could feel the energies of the spell flowing in him. It was a decent spell, or seemed like one, having a nice aount of mana tied up in its working... mana that he could probably use right about now...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:41 pm

"Never underestimate your demons, sir...Shadow, attack after me." He eyed him coldly. "Let it be known YOU threw the first blow. And as such, you shall suffer for it." He began to collect the shadow energy in both his hands, tempering it, and feeling its strength flow through him. He knew what was going to happen, and it scared him. But he was far too gone to do anything else. He dropped his illusion, revealing his hardened carapace, and his buglike eyes. For the first time in a long while, he felt the air upon his TRUE body. He had to do this, but he knew of the horror he was visiting upon his foe, or at least imagined horror. In a shriller voice, he shouted. "ARMAGEDDON BEAM!" He threw the energy at his foe.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:30 pm

Dreckard

Dreckard's built up dark energies, tinged with a bit of red the color of the setting sun, flew directly towards the horrified man. He'd never seen anything like it in all his years of learning about spellcasting... and never would again.

The energies burned through the man's cloak and his skin, as he stood screaming for a brief moment before virtually nothing but bones and a few possesions that managed to escape somewhat intact, a somewhat familiar-looking ring, and the ornate rapier.

The sight of Dreckard's true form and of the sudden violence he brought with him sent a couple of people running in terror, perhaps to call the guard or something similar. But news travels fast and Dreckard knew that it wouldn't be long before someone came looking for him.

Ethra

The striped kimari looked curiously at Ethra for a moment, then said "Mind your business". Chuckling, the guard cracked a small smile at this mistreatment. "See, miss? Th' curr ain't got no manners, eh?" Name calling didn't seem to affect this person too much, as with a calm stare he caused the man to back down. "Well... what kind of business might a lapdog like yourself have here?" the man growled out, trying to keep himself composed and in charge of the situation... a situation that he felt was spiralling out of control.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:24 pm

Ethra simply stood there, staring long and hard at the rude person.

Dammit wish I had brought Chiere and Rainne.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:56 pm

Dreckard looked around, scared. It had been a long while since he had shown his face without an illusion covering it, and those wounds had not fully healed yet. Oh, man, he was screwed. He looked for an alley, a door, ANYTHING he could hide in until he could regain his form.

Nakibe

The Best Laid Plans... >:\

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:31 am

The Kimari looked up at the guard, growled, then looked at Ethra for a moment. It was around this time that the earth moved for Ethra... as well as for everyone else within quite a decent distance of the castle gates. The minor earthquake at such a time brought Ethra and everyone around crashing down to the ground heavily.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 2/12/03 12:33:13 am

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:54 am

Ethra gritted her teeth as she fell to the earth. "What the f%@! was that!?" She yelled and started to get back on her feet.

Nakibe

Shaun was Seriously Wounded, but the Soul Still Burns

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:33 pm

(OOC Note: Dreckard gains 8 XP.)

Dreckard

Working quickly, Dreckard managed to find a nice little niche to hide in. It didn't have much room in it, but it was certainly better than nothing. If someone came along and tried to kill him... Although the slight shaking of the earth couldn't help his nerves at this point.

Ethra

Stumbling to her feet, Ethra looked up to find the annoying guards doing the same... and the main gate open just a tiny bit. The red-striped guy was nowhere to be found.

Everyone Else

Sherah entered the inn only to have her world suddenly shaken slightly along with the rest of her. It apparently didn't last long or do any damage, but it was certainly noticable... and something didn't smell right about it.

Chiere managed to hear a slightly odd tone in the air before the shaking... just in time to keep her balance. Rainne, however, wasn't quite so fortunate, getting a glass of some sort of nasty mixed drink splashed on her at this point.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: The Best Laid Plans... >:\

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:36 pm

Dreckard huddled up, hoping nobody saw. If he could only last until the next morning...hopefully...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:17 pm

Ethra noticed the oepn door and quickly dashed on through.

He's gotten in, I don't know who that was... but it's too mcuh of a coincidence... I have to get to the lord and see if that jewel is safe. Chiere... Rainne... wait for me a bit longer.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:02 am

Rainne shook her head. That was short, and... well, it looked like no-one got hurt. Holding her head, she realized that, unfortunately, her clothes were all wet.

Now not only were they nasty and sticky, but it was making her cold.

"Damn it." she said, not quite in the speech mode, then turned to Chiere, remembering about her after the earthquake "You all right?

pd Rydia

Re: The Best Laid Plans... >:\

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:20 pm

"What an odd tune..." Chiere murmured. Realizing that Rainne was addressing her, she spoke up. "Y-yes...I'm fine." Oblivious, she went on, "Y-you...?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:39 pm

Rainne tilted her head.

"I'm fine... What... "tune"... are you talking about?" she asked the Tilan, awkwardly..

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:07 pm

"Th...the...t-tune," Chiere replied haltingly. "A sm--little note like..." Chiere tried to reproduce the tone she had heard through whistling. "S-sor--kinda like th-that... I-it came...w-well...before th-the shaking..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:21 pm

"Uh... Okay.." she said in a not-so-sure way. She looked around, then thought some words not fitting for a girl. Hell, she thought words not fitting for anyone. She would leave, but she can't just leave Chiere alone, and they WERE waiting for Ethra...

Nakibe

<--- Lazy, but getting less so.

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:42 pm

Ethra

Rushing past the disoriented guards, Ethra went inside the mansion and found... absolutely nothing seeming out of order. Maybe the guy had vanished or something, Ethra didn't quite know.

Meanwhile, the annoying guard from before was yelling something at her, sounding like "STOP RIGHT THERE"....

Dreckard

Settling down, Dreckard took stock of his surroundings. The place he'd chosen didn't seem to be a well-traveled part of the town... if travelled it was at all. A rat, looking for food, came up to his foot and sniffed for a moment, then moved on, looking for something more edible.

It would be a long night indeed. And hopefully no one would happen by this path.... one would hope, anyways.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:34 pm

Awwwww shit. Great, now I get to get thrown out. That's it... I'm done with helping people today.

Well maybe not quite yet.

Aww, comon.

Ethra ignored the guard for the moment and continued to dash through the mansion, searching for the lord.

You're gonna get in trouble for this.

Guess it's a chance I'll take.

Dummy.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:24 am

Ethra's mad dash at first earned her nothing... the place was too vast, and she wasn't sure which way that the strange man had gone.

... about this time, Ethra managed to smell an odd stench... a horrible one. Coming from nearby where she was...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:10 pm

Pausing for a brief moment as she sniffed the air, Ethra cautiously made her way to the stairs, tapping them once with her foot to see if they would collapse or something. If they proved safe, then she'd make her way down.

Previous

Return to Other RPs