Training Arena [open]

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Nekogami

Re: NEW CHALLENGER

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:53 pm

"EAAAGH" Hayako wailed as she went tumbling. Used some basic wind spells to right the mecha. She landed right but immediately laid the mecha down to reduce strain on the damaged legs. The jar of the impact to ground fixed ther vulcan and it landed a blow on the side of the ship denting and damaging it a bit.

(*OnlineHost*: J4deninj44 rolled 1 6-sided die: 3)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:06 pm

(*OnlineHost*: SongstressEnlil rolled 1 6-sided die: 5)

Faulkner keeps to the deck, as the crew sets themselves to repairing the still-functioning cannon

"Bringing her around!" Ramone bellows, "Indigo! Get those Subcannons ready!"

"Ehee hee hee!" Indigo answer, as the ship circles port.

"FIRE!" Ramone bellows.

The Subcannons rip into the the Shadowcat's armor, firing at once as Sirocco passes.

(7/9)

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:09 pm

Hayako's mecha shook and went red alert on her. "OH NO! Come one, Shadowcat....."

(*OnlineHost*: J4deninj44 rolled 1 6-sided die: 1; no action)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 pm

(*OnlineHost*: SongstressEnlil rolled 1 6-sided die: 1)

Sirocco brings itself around again, as the main cannon is returned to fucntional capacity, and the subcannons reloaded

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:19 pm

Hayako watched with dread as the ship turned around. The Shadowcat semi sentience threw up a wind shield. "Huh? Good work, girl." Hayako began concentrating on prioritizing the damage while she lived on borrowed time.

(*OnlineHost*: J4deninj44 rolled 1 6-sided die: 4; one turn shield, have to roll a 5+ to penetrate.)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:27 pm

(*OnlineHost*: SongstressEnlil rolled 1 6-sided die: 6)

"Alright! She's holdin' still!" Ramone exclaims. "Bring it on! Unload everything we got!"

"FIRE!" Indigo squeals, his face split by a wide grin, as the portside Subcannons unload their rounds, followed by the main cannon.

The first round of shelling rips the shield apart, and the main cannon strikes dead on.

(5/9)

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:46 pm

"Shit," the nekojin mumbled. The attack ripped into the light mecha. "Never going to hear the end of this from Kuragari....."

Hayako started to power up a wind storm. A whirlwind formed picking up the scraps of metals and debris on the ground from the airship and the magitek armor. The whirlwind snaked up carrying it's deadly load and spiked into the spinning propeller. The metallic scraping sounds satisfied the nekojin, though she feared the battle was lost. "Win or lose, I cannot fail...."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:15 pm

(*OnlineHost*: SongstressEnlil rolled 1 6-sided die: 5)

"Nethlek, Pargon, Artek, Pargon, Pargon, Santak, Nethlek..." Chants Faulkner, as the shrapnel tears into one one of the rear propellers, while the crew moves frantically to reload and minimize the damage.

The telekinetic magicks take hold over the debris, and send it flying back at Hayako's mecha. Assisted by Gravity, the shards rip through the shadowcat's armor as readily is it did Sirocco's Propellers.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:22 pm

Hayako was jerked unceremoniously around inside the mecha. The shadowcat was quickly losing consciousness. "This is the end.." Hayako released herself from the cyber plane and exited the mecha. It was the least she could do since it was already nearly trash. She ran away from the armor and pointed her hand up at the airship in the shape of the gun. One eye closed she shot a concentrated wind needle at the ship. "Bang." There was a distant ping on the propeller but not much damage other wise.

(*OnlineHost*: J4deninj44 rolled 1 6-sided die: 2)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:29 pm

(*OnlineHost*: SongstressEnlil rolled 1 6-sided die: 2)

Faulkner watches the pilot's gesture, and answers with one of his own.

"Swirling winds that guide our fates," He intones, "Let thy fluidity bend, and strike down those that oppose my will!"

The breeze changes around Hayako, beating down hard on her, throwing her off balance for a moment before she falls on her bottom rather uncermoniously.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:32 pm

"Hey!.....Man, I'm totally out matched....My mech is down and my magic isn't going to work here." Hayako grown and pouted her tail stick straigh in irritation. "I have to forfeit honorably...."

(Hayako's Mecha is out of commission since it can't move. She loses by default.)

Uncle Pervy

Today, We have demonstrated that Airships > Mecha

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:44 pm

"Land," Faulkner orders through a speaker tube to the bridge. "The battle is ours."

Sirocco, damaged though it is, descends and lands easily enough near the pilot. A gangplank extends, as Faulkner and his lieutenants descend.

"Look what you did!" Indigo cries, seeing the scar left by the wind slash. The smort man hops from one foot to the other, nearly shaking his sniper rifle loose. "Look at it! Grrrr!"

"Settle yourself, Indigo," Faulkner commands. Then he looks to Hayako. "You have fought well. Never could I have imagined one soul doing this to Sirocco."

"Closest thing the Soundcrest Pirates ever got to bein' beat." Ramone adds in his lazy voice.

"It seems that you require transit," Faulkner continues. "I would be happy to provide such."

Nekogami

Re: Today, We have demonstrated that Airships > Mecha

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:47 pm

"Wha? On that thing...." Hayako analyzed trying to recall something from her history books. Realizing she slept during history most times she looked a little embarrassed. "Erm....SURE!" She hopped up dusting of her clothes. "Can we take my armor too? She'll neeed fixing when I get back home."

Uncle Pervy

Epilogue

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:54 pm

"Certainly," Faulkner answers, "There is ample space on deck for it."

He looks to the large lieutenant and says "Ramone, see to it."

"Gotcha Captain," Ramone says. He then looks at the Nekojin and says, "Need you to show me how to move that thing without breaking it."

And Faulkner and Indigo board the ship, he asks, "Got anything planned tonight?"

Nekogami

Re: Epilogue

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:57 pm

Hayako walked with Ramone to the Shadowcat," Nothing but not writing a report due tomorroooow. Hehe. It's a pretty sturdy build but with the damage it incurred, I'm gonna say just watch the cockpit." The nekojin stroked her chin and flicked her tail. "Why do you ask, by the way?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:01 pm

"Simple," Ramone answers, as he waves in some crewmen to deal with the Shadowcat. Flashing Hayako an overdone grin, he says. "Then we can get dinner."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:03 pm

Hayako quirked an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "First you beat a lady in battle then you ask to woo her over a warm meal......" Hayako realized she was hungry. "Ah....yeah. When do we eat."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:07 pm

It is likely best that we not go into exactly what Ramone was thinking.

"Hey," he answers, "It's how pirates work. Anyway, I'm thinkin' Angelique stuff tonight.

"You do got Angelique food around here, right?" He adds, looking around.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:11 pm

---Epilougue---
Hayako enjoyed her trip on the Sirocco. Ramone never got her number but dinner was good. Ramone tried to get fresh so Hayako she whapped him a good 'un. Hayako decided she wanted to be a Magitek Pirate.

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:55 pm

Henry walked into the Arena, he stood 15 feet tall and his reach easily reached the farthest part of the Arena. Being a Giant, he carried with him a Giant Axe that was polished to a shimmer. "I Henry, Me Break People!" With that exclaimation he slammed his axe into the ground and looked for his next enemy, whoever it would be.

NamagomiMk0

Questioning

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:06 pm

(OOC:This IS Philsys, right? I refuse to be in a D6 match, just FYI)

Nekogami

Re: Training Arena [open]

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:52 pm

(bump)

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:30 pm

(OOC: You post says we don't have to use Phylsis, so I wanted a freestyle battle.)

Henry looked into the crowd. "Weaklings! Will no one fight me?"

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:19 pm

(Sobe, listen, and listen carefully. If you have a freestyle battle like this, you are eliminating any and ALL forms of strategy involved in a battle besides "Stand there, attack, and hope that you kill the other guy first". If you're going to cheat and have your guy's melee attacks can reach across the whole arena, then there isn't going to be ANYONE who will want to fight him. You're effectively making the battle boring. Could you please RECONSIDER the dimensions of the arena and determine the circumstances of the fight before you try setting one up? Not trying to sound harsh, and if I am, I apologize, but it seems a little boring that you can hit anyone, anywhere in the place with just a melee weapon. Thank you, and have a nice day.)

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:40 pm

(trust me when I say this, I won't be cheap about the fight. He will mess up, he won't be invincible. His large reach is an asset, his large girth and stupidity is a hinderance. Figure out how to beat him. It is possible. If we have to use something could someone roll for us? Cause I have no dice)

Edited by: Sobe Dragon at: 2/23/03 5:02:38 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:50 pm

(Dear Nama.

INCORRECT.

You can have all kinds of strategy in a freestyle fight.

You simply gotta figure out how to reflect it in the dice off the top of your head.

Think before you whine,
Pervy)

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:57 pm

(I think he's referring to the fact that the battle is played by the luck of the dice instead of acutally using your latent skill.)

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:05 pm

(I'm just not going to try and argue. It'll make me look more like an asshole anyway.)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:11 pm

In reply to the giant's challenge, an arrow shaft embedded itself deep in the giant's club. Standing on the other side of the arena, looking at the giant with a bemused expression, was Gregory Wilson, former archer in the Doman Guard. His bow still quivered from the force of the arrow he had unleashed.

"Enough talk, blowhard. If you think you're up to it... Catch me!" With that, Greg began sprinting across the arena- towards the giant. If he got close enough, it would actually make him harder to hit, as he knew well from many long years hunting monsters outside the city walls. Even as he ran, the guard was preparing an arrow...

((Aye, a Freestyle d6 match. A 1 is a miss, 2-4 is a 1 hp hit, 5 or 6 is a 2 hp hit. Characters have 10 hp. First attack to the giant, as he made the challenge.))

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:17 pm

Henry watched the man sprinting towards him "AH" and hefted his big axe, pulled back and swung it all the way around, trying for the mans head.((someone roll for me? I have no dice. Also for the speed, my guys miss is 1-2 and 3-4 for 1 hp hit and 5-6 for 2hp hit))

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:19 pm

((9_9 I can see rolling is gonna be a big problem until AIM comes back up...))

Home is Nowhere

Holler.

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:38 pm

(OOC: Ah, I always enjoy a good RP battle or two. But which character shall I use? o.o .. )

A shrill, wolf-like howl permeated the arena. It was shortly followed by several other ominous wails. Outside the arena, a shadowed figure lurked...

Shortly after this, the gate of the arena creaked slightly as it swung partially open on its rusted, worn hinges. What appeared to be a shadow stealthfully flitted through the narrow opening in the gate. This "shadow" stealthfully made its way up to the spectator's area of the arena. His footfalls made no noise as his soft-soled tabi contacted the hard earth.

One Sreyith Wolfheart quietly slid onto one of the chairs in the spectator booth, his cold, quiet sapphire eyes twinkling as they watched the festivities. These eyes, the eyes of a trained killer, studied the area carefully.

Anybody who noticed Sreyith would see that he was wearing fairly loose clothing that had been died a muddy-black color. His pants looked plain enough at first glance, but one could see a thin, tube-like wooden object fastened to the side of his pant-leg, near his thigh. As for his torso, it was adorned with a similiarly dyed black gi that fit him very loosely. The sleeves of this gi reached far down over his hands, hanging off the ends of them slightly; veiling them. The only other noticeable things about Sreyith was the katana strapped to his back.

(OOC: Feel free to challenge me or whatever.. )

Divinegon2130

Re: Holler.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:44 pm

(OOC: Ah, what the hell. I'm going to give this a try. Been ages since I've attempted this style of fighting.)

Sreyith noticed someone oddly staring at him while he was inside the spectator booth. Apparently, someone else had been there watching as well.

This other man wore loose, grayish pants, as well as a very heavy coat that had numerous stains in it. Mostly blood, but a lot of other stains too. His gray eyes looked cautiously around. Yet the most startling feature of this other man was his distinctive, long, steel blue hair - steel blue is not a typical hair color, after all.

The mysterious man looked carefully at Sreyith, trying to learn as much as he could about him.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:38 pm

(OOC: Completely freestyle please? I dislike dice.. )

Sreyith's eyes flashed slightly, shooting a glare at the man who was staring at him. Slowly, the assassin raised himself up off of his chair and turned to face the stranger. His expression was covered by a black cloth veil.

Sreyith nodded his head once towards the man who was watching him, his unkempt black hair bobbing slightly as he did this. With that, he planted a hand solidly on the rail of the spectator booth and leapt over the railing. He briefly experienced the sensation of free-falling until his feet came in contact with the hard earth. He bent his feet as he landed; absorbing the shock. His tabi aided in distributing the shock equally, so he wasn't harmed by the fall.

Shaking his head slightly, he looked up at the stranger. He slowly raised a hand, beckoning him downwards. The sleeve that hung off the end of his hand swayed somewhat as a wind flitted through the arena. After doing this, he jogged out to an open place in the arena and drew his katana with a metallic "schwing".

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:57 pm

(OOC: Discussion thing in the OOC, I think it's been settled now.)

The steel-haired man watched as Sreyith leapt down to the ground. Placing both hands on the railing, and trusting himself, he also leapt over the railing, going farther than Sreyith had, and landing on all fours.

The impact wasn't too bad for Curtis, who had been used to jumping off high places like that. In fact, it seemed his arms and legs were slightly glowing. In reality, Curtis had used some of his psychokinetic abilities to lessen the impact of his fall.

Curtis watched Sreyith with open eyes, studying his movements. His own movements would wait until Sreyith reacted first. However, Curtis's form seemed to shimmer slightly as he watched.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/8/03 4:09:46 pm

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:11 pm

Sreyith's keen sense of intuition picked up the glowing silhouette about his opponent. A slight frown formed, veiled by his mask. Slowly, he reached down to his belt with his left hand. He undid a small leather strap, despite the sleeve covering his hand, and withdrew a small white object from the container. The small white object was. . .an egg.

He walked over towards his opponent now, taking slow, yet long strides. As he walked towards his foe, he raised his katana, which he was holding in the hand opposite of the egg.

Once he was roughly twenty feet away from his opponent, he broke into an all-out sprint. At ten feet, he flipped the egg, side-arm, at his opponent's face. He followed the egg in, rearing his katana back slightly before attempting to slash his foe diagonally, along his hips.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:29 am

(OOC: In case you're wondering, I'm still going to use die rolls at least partially for the purpose of deciding what I'm going to do, whether or not that's used to determine the outcome of an attack. I'm still going to let logic decide part of the outcome, though.)

Curtis had seen the egg coming. He quickly dived to the side, rolling on the ground and easily getting out of the way of the egg itself, as well as Sreyith's slash. Now he broke into a sprint, running in a small circle from where he had landed.

About halfway around the circle, however, Curtis stopped. He brought his hands to shoulder level and flicked the fingers several times. During the fourth set of "finger flicks", a small, greenish bolt of toxin shot out from Curtis's hands towards Sreyith.

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:10 pm

(OOC: Sounds good to me, I guess. I'll see if I can dig up some dice..)

Instinctively, Sreyith rolled forwards as his foe rolled to the side. He knew enough from fighting other enemies that a counter-attack would shortly follow... and it did, whizzing right over his head, mid-roll.

A poison magi.. ? This should be interesting..

After that thought, he realized most of his poisoned throwing knives and his own special abilities most likely wouldn't be any use against the supposed poison mage.

Clearing his thoughts, he stood up and faced the man. He forced himself into a state of focus and relaxation, so he could better react to any more missile attacks. His grip changed slightly on his katana; instead of angling it towards his foe, he angled it straight up towards the sky in a guard stance.

He must be a powerful mage of sorts.. or perhaps a psion, judging from that glow. Hrm..

Shortly after this, he came up with a plan for dealing with the mage. He then began to concentrate his dormant demonic energies into the blade of his katana. The katana responded to this by gaining a faint black outline. He then waited..

(OOC: Your turn. )

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:23 pm

Curtis seemed surprised at the fact that his opponent was simply charging up and waiting for him. He had expected a direct strike.

But rather than charge in on Sreyith, Curtis knew that he'd have to stay back. Remembering the tricks he had known to circumvent some magic problems, he knew what to do.

Curtis extended his left arm downward at an angle, and turned his right hand upward, lifting that arm to about head level. Curling his fingers, he chanted slowly, and his arms seemed to lengthen somewhat. The real strange part, however, was that his hands became bear paws, complete with wicked claws and brownish fur.

After completing the chant, he assumed a defensive stance, watching to see how his opponent would react.

(OOC: Your turn now.)

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:17 pm

Sreyith was starting to become interested in the similiarities his foe had with himself. He tightened his grip on his katana slightly, the pointed tips of his claw-like fingers digging into his palms slightly.

Finally... a chance to test my skills against a real opponent.

With that, he brought his sword around in a graceful arc. His feet widened slightly as he did this... his katana now settled back into an offensive position, pointing straight towards his enemy, cradled near his shoulder. The sound of the whispering wind resounded through his mind as he darted off towards his opponent without a warning.

Mid-dash, his sword began to crackle with the demonic energies. As he neared his foe, there was a blinding white flash. The effect of the light would have been enough to stun any normal man for awhile, but the fact that the arena was darkened by night would greaten the effect. He himself had narrowed his eyes before invoking the simple spell to avoid its effects.

Immediately after the spell, he came upon his foe. His knuckles grew white as they gripped his shimmering katana. Suddenly, the katana was brought around in a wide, deadly diagonal arc towards his foe's torso. If the slash made full contact, it would reave a gaping wound from the man's left shoulder down to his right oblique.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs