RPG (the pseudo-serious RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Just Damn Evil

RPG (the pseudo-serious RP)

Unread postby Just Damn Evil » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:47 pm

It started with a ball. Not a large ball, not a fancily decorated ball - but a seemingly regular ball. It was made of metal and was polished to a dazzling shine. The only thing that made it stand out was a small groove on the very top of it.

This ball suddenly appeared by the computer of one individual one day. The individual in question looked it over but didn't think too much of it. He (or, it may have been a she - the specific identity of that individual is irrelevant) instead occupied himself with his own hobby of late - exactly one RPGWW role playing forum.

It may be of interest to know that the ball was very extraordinary indeed - it had the power to change reality to fit the imagination and creativity of anyone under its power. And when that individual made his post on the forum, the box activated, and encoded its power in the very HTML of the site......

[1 Month Later]

Macabre walked down the streets of what was at one time called Philadelphia. To the left of him, Gene Starwind and Spike were involved in a shoot out. To the right, the X-Men were attempting to stop Zidane, Kid, Yuffie, and Locke from robbing a bank. And a great distance behind, Van in the Escaflowne was duking it out with Char in his Red Mech.

Somewhat behind Macabre followed a shirtless cat-boy of about the same age and figure. Macabre laughed maniacly and turned to face him. "Look, Henchcat - Chaos! Beautiful anarchy! But we need to stop it."

Henchcat looked about as nonchalantly as possible. " 'We' being the operative word."

"Reality needs to restabilize, or else everything is in jeopardy."

Henchcat roled his eyes as he said, "as opposed to the calm serenity we have now."

Macabre began to walk faster. "Some people made their characters a bit too exaggerated. Fortunately, Son Goku is only 12, and neither Onslaught, Sin, or any of the Final Fantasy Gods have shown up yet. At least not here." Macabre moved to step over the body of Ganondorf, multiple sword wounds apparent over his body. "There's a machine," Macabre said. "It's calling me."

((In case you're wondering "What the hell is this!?", here's a brief explanation - reality has been warped to the extent that RPGWWers have the powers they've RPed into themselves, and the world is now populated entirely by the RPGWWers, the characters that are directly a part of their world, and characters from animes, movies, video games, comics, etc. Just RP as yourself or whatever character you RP as most. No real restrictions on powers, just show some restraint - no mowing at the speed of light or thin black beams of mass destruction, etc.))

ArgusDevilmen

Re: RPG (the pseudo-serious RP)

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:28 pm

( So we can play as pretty much antone you are saying? o.O; IF that is the case... >.> *pulls out his good ol Xellos robes* I will not post till I get a response though ^^; And if that is what you were reffering to how many characters are we allowed to play? )

geoc

Unread postby geoc » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:17 am

Can we rp a comic book character. If so I call Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:29 am

(OOC: I don't think that's what he's talking about. To my understanding...

Say we gather up all our characters. We take the one that we RP the most, our avatar character, if you will. Mine happens to be Yuji Nakamura, master ninja. Yay, go him.

Then we have me, Josh. The person who actually posts here. We take everything that Yuji can do, and make it so I can do it. Then I RP as myself, only with the abilities of my avatar character.

That's how I interpret it. Also, if I'm wrong, feel free to bitchslap me. Anyhow, I also have no plans of participating in this RP, just trying to clear things up a bit.

*fwooshes out of thread* )

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:57 am

I say: WTF?

Just Damn Evil

The first time I typed this, IE randomly BACKed out.

Unread postby Just Damn Evil » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:21 am

(By George, FlamingDeth has got it!

Argus, you can create at most 3 characters. If you want to start a militia, well... *motions towards worldly chaos* ...and Xelloss is probably in there somewhere too. Oh, but any character you yourself did not create is not entirely yours - you _must_ have that person act as in character as possible.

Kyeeheehee... Chris, if I couldn't make an insanely odd RP thread, how could I possibly call myself a madman?)

ChristianJustTooDamnLazyT

w

Unread postby ChristianJustTooDamnLazyT » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:08 am

Well, you got a point, I guess...

ArgusDevilmen

Play the most...? Thats a hard call..

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:48 am

(( Well considering I roleplay Argus quite a bit I'd guess id end up incorperating his powers..... Altough I first of all have played Ranma Saotome for like 2 years... -.-; So if i played hims the most i should incorperate him instead? Well anyway, Ill stick with Argus... And as for the one of the pre-made characters I want to be I shall claim Xellos, and If I can, I'd like to grab the Nutcase known as, Carrot Glace.))

viator22

Intro post

Unread postby viator22 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:30 pm

High in a skyscraper one Nick looked down on the populace. He defiantly disliked being this high above the ground. To the east he could just see yet another samurai army ravaging the countryside. These man buildings did command a great view of the surrounding countryside, however much they ruined digging.

IM: Jeez, I'm even thinking like a Dwarf now.

He turned around to look at the man sitting at the dark mahogany desk. He was bald, mid-forties, a suit. He would have been completely unusual if it wasn't for the fangs that showed when he grinned, as they did now. The name plaque on the desk simply read "Smith." Nick d the man.

"You see Sir, our company could use someone of your... talents," said Smith, getting up to walk towards the window. He had to step over a pair of hamsters to get from behind the desk. “The past month has been incredibly hectic for the entire known world. I say known because the world seems to be rapidly changing."

He looked out the window where a squadron of fighter mode Veritechs had blown the samurai army all to hell. These in turn were brought down by a flight of goblin-manned zeppelins.

"Just today I have a report from sources in China and Russia. It would appear that a chunk of Siberia has broken off and floated into the pacific. God only knows what that could be. You see, at the current way we're going we're doomed. Only a few ships with outer solar system capabilities have appeared yet, even less that can reach the nearest stars. We can't evacuate the planet. As long as this strangeness continues it's a ticking time . Gods will start popping up soon. And the powerful villains. Where will we be when Cell and Onslaught appear? This must end. That's where you come in."

Nick shrugged and adjusted the belt loop that held his axe. This was a lot. Maybe everything was more dire than he'd thought.
“I’ll do it.”

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uviator22.showPublicProfile?language=EN>viator22</A] at: 9/27/02 1:31:22 am

Just Damn Evil

The plot thickens.

Unread postby Just Damn Evil » Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:30 pm

Macabre now walked alone. Henchcat had hijacked a guymelef and flown back to their base, as per orders. Macabre continued to walk on, as if in a trance, attempting to follow his senses to a machine he alone could sense. And with that, a hologram suddenly appeared in the sky.

A fully nude holographic woman appeared in the sky in two locations, so that both sides of the Earth could see the intended message. The hologram itself was huge and very far away from the Earth's surface. Hacked sound speakers from across the world played the sound to the holographic words that appeared by the announcing woman.

"The world lives in chaos - now has been the time of the evolution of power. Fighters from across the world, which of you is most powerful? Prove yourselves and enter to win our prize - 3000 pounds of gold and the dual sphere collection!"

Macabre was somewhat surprised as he saw the prize in question - the Shushinkyo Dragon Ball and a metallic sphere. That's it, thought Macabre, that's the God-Damned thing I've been looking for!!

"Come, enter the Tekaichi Budou! The Preliminary matches are to be fought in 8 locations, check the listings!"

Macabre looked at the text now displayed above the world... "Australia... Europe... Russia... Asia... Africa... there it is, North America; atop Macross base, Kansas? Hell, that's a ways away..."

Macabre shrugged, and jumped onto the wing of the Ragnarok as it zoomed overhead.

[Meanwhile]
Who looked like a beggar adorned in too many clothes, he leaned against a nearby wall. "That should do it," he said. "Make sure to video tape the whole thing and broadcast it back."

The person he was talking to was less a person and more a large black box. "Yes," it said in a feminine voice, and moved over to a large control console where it inserted a cord of some kind.

The beggar-looking individual looked over to his desk... upon it, on a beautifully decorated pillow sat the metal sphere. "Those idiots will probably be fighting for the gold or the dragon ball... fools."

The ball shined in the window light, looking upon the world with a mind of its own.

Nornin

The plot thickens... more?

Unread postby Nornin » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:13 am

Then a strange looking portal appeared and a man in a large robe and some armor. "Hi I am Nornin" he looked around and then said "This can't be the right world either,Image this world seams to hmm... advanced" and then he asked "Were can I find a mage???"

Nornin

Is it ded?

Unread postby Nornin » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:15 am

((Is this ded then sorry didn't notice))

Return to Other RPs