Magi Nation: Hyrens Wild

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
The Dark Gun

Magi Nation: Hyrens Wild

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:04 pm

*A storm was rolling in, and the sky clouded over. Deep below the sea where the Orotheans dwelt, where there was never much light, went as black as a moonless night. In the Cald, the volcanoes trembled, as the preassure of the air high above pushing upon the earth increased, putting further force on the molten rock below. On the surface, all across the main continent, the Naroomians went deep into their tree-built (As in the trees are carved into the houses and towns themselves) houses and towns, for these mighty oaks and other overlarge trees had weathered many a storm safely. Up in the sky, the Arderial clouds moved further up in the sky, as high as they could go safely, trying to avoid the massive storm clouds that, even so, jostled the bottom of their clouds, causing something akin to an earthquake in that high vaulted region, an almost unprecedented phenomenon. In the Underneath, winds screamed through the deep tunnels, destroying mushroom crops and rattling the larger, but much stabeler, mushroom houses. Only one nation did not notice this storm... The Core. It's skies were, as ever, it's dark, immobile, twilight, just after the sun sets, and just before the stars shine most brightly. Most of the Core that is. Near two of the five Core Gates, however, this was not the case. The winds there, corrupted by the dark passage, reversed, vaccuming all nearby out through the gateways, and either into the Arderial, or out into the Underdark. It was a storm the likes of which none could remember, and few, if any, had ever heard or read record of, a storm of epic proportions, and this was just the edge... It was coming closer.*

Pyro Pawz

<enter title here>

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:54 pm

"It's getting dark awfully early isn't it dear?" Perl's mother said, looking out the window of the coral house.
"It is indeed." Perl's father replied, looking up from his supper.
"No going out to play with your friends tonight Perl. It's too dark."
The young Orothean sighed. "Yes mother." She took a bite of the seaweed roll and looked sadly out towards the window. Must be a storm. She thought to herself, twitching her dark blue dolphin style tail in annoyance. Her friends and she had made plans to go out to the Green Caverns tonight to explore, but it looked like she'd miss it…again.
"I'm going to my room." Perl announced.
"You didn't finish your dinner." Her mother said.
"Not hungry." She replied before swimming to the back of the room and slipping past the seaweed drape over her door. She swam in circles a few times, creating a sort of whirlpool in the confined space of her room. She stopped swimming and let the current carry her around a few more times before she did a back flip and swam over to pick up a ring from her desk. She slipped it onto her hand.
"I'm not staying in all night." She muttered to herself, pulling her red seaweed cloak onto her back and tying it around her neck and over her purple shell top. She pulled a lamp from under her bed and stuffed it full of some of the glow-weed that was growing just outside her window.
She then peaked back into the kitchen where her parents were deep in a conversation with each other. "I'll be back before they even know I'm gone." She brushed her orange hair away from her eyes and smiled to herself before turning around to slip out her window. She headed away from the city as quickly as possible in the direction of the Green Caverns.

<><><>

Skull Dragon 2

Re: <enter title here>

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:11 pm

Malhildur blocked her eyes with her forearm and tried again walking directly against the wind, quickly giving up and going back to walking at a diagonal. The screaming air whipped her green pants and fur top around her body. Her brown braid, which normally fell to her hips, and satchel and were standing nearly perpendicular to her body, blown almost horizontal by the gusts' sheer force.

The storm had gotten just plain annoying. She should have been home fifteen minutes ago, but she hadn't factored in the time she would spend just struggling to keep upright. Twice now she had fallen over, and only the good grace of two conveniently-placed boulders had kept her from going farther in the wrong direction. By this point, she had her digging claws on over the green fingerless gloves she always wore, in case she suddenly need to grab onto something. As it was, she'd been using them to help her work her way through the tunnels next to the wall, but now she had to cross to the opposite side to get home, and as such she was trying to walk though where the wind was strongest.

A quick surge in the tempest blew her backward with nearly no effort, and only after one (involuntary) backwards somersault did she dig one claw into the dirt. A couple of pieces of pointy material, however, were by no means going thwart this squall. The wind dragged Malhildur for a few yards before she lost her grip and flew through the air.

Well, for about two feet. She ran smack into a larger mushroom and promptly planted her claws in its side. Unfortunately, when nature created this particular mushroom, it was designed to perfectly anchor itself from any threat. It did not expect another 110 pounds of force in the form of a five-foot-six teenage girl. Mere seconds after Malhildur found her latest salvation, it ripped itself from the ground and continued along her previous trajectory. Riding a mushroom bigger than she was, hanging on for dear life, and really mad that she didn't get home before the gusts started in the first place. Malhildur sailed to who-knows-where.

CaptainCommando

Re: Magi Nation: Hyrens Wild

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:30 am

Ati Yi sat deep within the bowels of one of Narooms mighty trees, his legs crossed and eyes closed as he meditated, trying to block out the fierce storm raging outside. Although the trees had lasted for countless storms before, this one... felt different to Ati. Darker, almost menacing... it just seemed wrong somehow.

Something's happening... something big. Ati thought as he opened his eyes and slowly stood. He made his way up towards the entrance a bit and stood listening to the sounds of the storm, a small, worried frown on his face.

He wasn't the only one worried, the land was scared too, he could feel it.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 3/5/03 8:45:59 am

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:38 pm

The girl opened her eyes, and lifted her gaze slowly. Touching her hand to her throbbing head, she tried to remember the events that caused her concussion and brought her out of the core. Something about storms, and wind...

However, she didn't have long to ponder, as the ground buckled under her. She gripped the ground underneath her with her hands, lying low trying not to be jostled. However, her grip was failing. She couldn't open her eyes, for the light now was far too bright than what she was used to. All she could do was try to survive and battle the feelings of fear and confusion coming from a panicked child.

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:12 pm

Raistilin was working in his back yard. He had been working all night trying to perfect his fireball. Sweat creasing his brow, he created a large fireball, large enough to barely fit between his hands. He then launched towards the set target. It hit dead on and burned the doll to a cinder. "Yes, I mastered it." He then fell to the ground coughing. It had taken much for him to use the spell. He then rested, his powers returning quickly. Standing up he looked around. Now that he had mastered his fireball, he wanted to travel out and test it. So he gathered a few things of food and headed out for the unknown, eager to see just how much he had to learn.

(OOC oops, sorry Dark Gun, I didn't know that)

Edited by: Sobe Dragon at: 2/26/03 2:31:43 am

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:59 pm

OOC: The Cald is the one place without wind... Please alter your post Sobe.

IC: *Two errant beings, one pulled from her home realm by the sucking wind, and one jostled free from safty by the same, found themselves flying at terrific speeds through the Underneath, the pair were bumped, banged, and bruised... As well as, somehow, heading towards each other. The crash was eminent, until, with an apparent magical force, the wind around ceased, and the two bruised and battered forms began to hover in their mid-air flight.*

"More? This has been a violent time..."

*A man, covered head to toe in ornate armor of the Ardarial make stood before them, they could feel that he was concentrating hard.*

"Come, quickly, take my hand... We must escape this area before the spell fails."

*Meanwhile, elsewhere, a lone figure with a lamp was rapidly approaching the cave that was her target... Until a horror reached down from the sky, and struck the water... A hurricane. A powerful force of wind that sucked water, and those things in it, up into its whirling maw....*

*In Naroom, a sturdy tree provides a temporary reprive from the chaotic power of the storm, but this is only the edge, and it is yet getting stronger...*

Edited by: The Dark Gun&nbsp; Image at: 2/25/03 10:22:59 pm

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:32 pm

Malhildur, floating sideways, crossed her arms. "Will you be taking me home?"

The man in Ardarial armor looked at her. "Not exactly."

"Then I'm not going. I just want to get home as soon as possible and wait out this storm."

"Home?"

"Yes. It's in the other direction. A large mushroom about the size of...um..." She looked at the large mushroom she had ridden over, floating around her feet. "About the size of that one that got ripped out of the ground."

She looked at the man, then the girl floating next to her, then the mushroom again. The man gestured at her. "Spell limit."

"Oh, for the love of..." Her voiced trailed off as she reached for his hand.

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:22 am

Perl was imagining all the fun she would have when she met up with her friends. She was imagining the trouble she'd be in if her parents found out she wasn't home. But the last thing the blue tailed orothe would've ever imagined is the water suddenly swirling around her, catching her in a current she couldn't fight, and flinging her out of the safe comforting ocean, and into the blustering winds above.
She flew, head over tail, through the howling storm, her cloak wrapping itself around her until she could no longer move nor see. So Perl wasn't ready for the bone-jarring landing that she felt seconds before everything went black.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:13 am

Ati sighed and was beginning to walk back into the deeper area of the tree, when suddenly there was a terrible groaning sound. He froze dead in his tracks as a twinge shot through his body. Wha... no Ati shook his head as he looked around frantically, It's not possible!

Unfortunately, it was. The huge oak that Ati had taken shelter in began to rock, softly at first, then more violently. Finally, it began to lift, ancient roots that refused to give up the ground screamed like wild beasts as they were torn and ripped from the earth. Ati found himself lifted as the tree tilted into the air, a sensation of weightlessness came over him, a sensation frightening, yet not unpleasant. Then the ride became violent.

The tree began to spin and flail in the storm as it was lifted, and Ati suddenly slammed into one of the walls. All the wind knocked from his body, Ati could do very little but flail his arms foolishly in a vain attempt to stop himself from being crushed against the trees sides. As he flailed and flopped throughout the tree, suddenly there came an expanse of violent cloud into Ati's vision, followed by forest and green earth, and followed again by stormy sky as he tumbled through the violent air. He had somehow fallen out of the tree's main exit.

Ati would be embarrassed to say later, that it was at about this time, that he passed out.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:37 pm

The Girl (girl being the only name she had known), glared at the stranger suspicously, taking peeks at his rather conspicuous wings. He seemed a bit strange, different from the darker beings she usually knew. She was not sure if she liked the stranger or not.

However, she did know two things she did not like, one being the light, which was far too bright for one who's eyes had yet to get accustomed to a light that was not that of everlasting twilight. The other thing she did not like was the harsh wind that had injured her and taken her to this strange place. So, while she was not so sure that she liked the stranger, she definately liked the fact that the winds seemed to stop when she saw him, as well as his promise to take them away from the winds for good. Deciding that the pros definately outweighed the cons, she joined her small pale hand onto his, hoping that the winds would be gone (and, hopefully, that pesky light as well).

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:54 pm

Raistilin was walking when suddenly, the ground trembled underneath him. 'Oh no!, Volcano!' he thought. He looked out to see the violent explosion of fire and brimstone out of one of the closer volcanoes. Things were getting dangerous, fast. So Raistilin, not far from home, ran back. He quickly bolted the door, and the sigils around the house his father had put in glowed red. They protected the house from any amount of temperature. He had to wait, the earthquakes and eruptions were occurring more and more. The mountains going wild, this was one of the worst ones yet. The house shook with the earthquakes and the sigils almost broke, but they withstood the earthquake, for how much longer though, Raistilin did not know.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:21 pm

*He took their hands and smiled.*

"Here, this way..."

*He lead them upwards, towards what appeared to be a solid rock face.*

"Don't worry..."

*He concentrated even harder, and a ripple appeared across the rock, it opened up, and he headed upwards*

"I'm gathering people who have been displaced by the wind to hold over until the storm stops, I'm taking you somewhere where you should be safe..."

*He shot upwards through the tunnel, them in tow, until he emerged above ground. He headed to a nearby, bizzarre looking cloud that held completely still even in the wind. He brought them up to it and landed upon it, allowing them to see it was completely stable.*

"You will be safe here, but I saw a few others when we were approaching on the ground below... I must get to them while my strength lasts. There is food and other necessities over there"

*He gestures towards one end of the cloud where a strange lump of it was sphered up. He then sank back down through the cloud, and headed out once more. Two apparently unconcious forms had caught his attention as he had come up through his magical tunnel, and he needed to get one before it crashed into the ground. A Naroomian, unconcious, and being whipped about violently in the storm, was the next one to be retreived by the Anderial Mage, and not long after, he was carrying an unconcious mermaid up with the lad as well.*

"Too strong..."

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:19 am

Perl woke up to the sound of voices.
"Hey, that is my apple. Get your own." A slightly annoyed voice was saying. "Oh look. I think one of them woke up.
The orothe wiggled her way loose from her cloak to see two figures sitting not to far away from her. One was small, with a tangle of black hair and black eyes. The other looked older, with brown hair and green eyes. It was apparent that neither was an orothian, and both seemed to be eating.
"Hello." Perl said, smiling at the two of them. "Where are we?"
"On a cloud." The girl with brown hair said.
Perl looked down and noted that that was indeed the case. She had only been out of the ocean once or twice with her parents, but she remembered a few things they taught her. One was, she could change her tail into a pair of legs when she concentrated on them, and the second was that most people who lived on the land had a thing about keeping their bottom half covered.
Luckily Perl remembered this and pulled her cloak off her shoulders, draping it over her tail before changing it into a pair of legs. With that done she was able to stand up, making the cloak into a makeshift skirt.
"Much better." She smiled. "My name's Perl. What are yours?"
"Malhildur. Nice to meet you." The girl who had informed Perl that she was on a cloud stated.
The other girl didn't reply, nor did she look like she was going to make an effort to reply any time soon. Perl decided to keep her attention on the more talkative of the two.

<><><>

(OOC: Just assume Perl missed the Aldy Magi and Ati like behind her or something. 1) She's not too perceptive. 2) I didn't want to make this post too long.)

Edited by: Pyro Pawz at: 2/27/03 11:22:16 pm

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:48 am

Ugh... Ati groaned slightly, now that, was an unpleasant experience. Slowly he stirred, then sat up, painfully, and opened his eyes. The sight that greeted him was not at all what he was expecting. As opposed to the afterlife he was greeted by fresh air and a stable place to sit, and as opposed to wispy specters and ghouls, there were other people.

"Where am I!" He asked out loud, slightly confused, slightly panicked. The true panic however, didn't really start until he noticed where he was.

"Ahhh!" Ati yelled before anyone could answer his previous question and jumped up into the air, but quickly froze upon reaching the ground again. It seemed stable enough, but then again, it was a cloud! A fluffy white cloud, good for looking at, not for standing on! Moving as little as possible Ati looked around at the gathered people, who were staring at him like he was a fool.

"..." Ati sat down on the plenty stable cloud with a deeply embarrassed blush, "uhm... where am I..." He asked quietly.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 2/28/03 8:49:40 am

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:42 pm

*The voice of response originated from behind him*

"You are here, on this cloud. It is actually a Relic of no small power. I found you floating in the air, dead to the world, and I thought you'd rather awaken here on this cloud, than against a very hard tree somewhere... I thought this would be preferrable. Currently we're heading up to my home, I think it will be safer there until the storm passes..."

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:58 pm

"Wait, what do you mean?" Perl asked. She had turned around when the light green haired boy had jumped up, only then noticing the two males who were behind her. But now the arderial's words were worrying her. "I have to get back home before morning or my parents will know I snuck out…"

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:14 am

Malhildur lay back on the cloud and removed the apple from her mouth. "Could you people stop talking about home? Remember, I get to go back and find out if I still even have one." Even though they obviously could not remember this, having not known it in the first place. She raised an eyebrow at the Ardarial. "And why are we all heading to your place, anyway? You're being awfully nice for a kidnapper."

Edited by: Skull Dragon 2&nbsp; Image at: 2/28/03 11:29:54 pm

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:20 am

*He laughs*

"Kidnapper? I? No... It's just that for now I'm trying to make sure as few people get hurt in this incident as possible. As for your homes... It would be hard for me to get each of you to them at this point, the storm is getting stronger... At least in the Arderial things are generally stable except for something that some of you might identify as an earthquake, except it is up amoungst the clouds, aside from that, however, we will be safe from wind and lightening, as should most of your homes if the people within them stay indoors, however, after I bring you back up and rest for a while, I will go back out and see if I cannot aid more who have been exposed to these harsh elements, but I may not be able to for long, the strom is getting strong..."

*He mutters queitly under his breath*

"Too strong."

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:17 pm

Ati nodded slightly at the Arderial's words, "I guess this scary floating cloud is preferable to waking up splattered agains the ground..." he said quietly and suspiciously poked the cloud as if it would drop out from under him at any second.

"Wait, the Arderial lands, aren't they just a big stretch of clouds like this one?" Ati said nervously then shook his head, Well... I guess it won't be that bad. He looks around at those assembled and frowns.

"Um, so," he says, trying to start conversation, "where is everyone here from?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 3/6/03 4:23:20 pm

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:51 pm

"I'm from the ocean." Perl said, quickly forgetting her earlier troubles at the idea of meeting new people as well as seeing new places. If she was stuck here then the only course of action would be to enjoy it, that way if her parents did kill her when she got home, at least she would have a good time until then. "My name's Perl."

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:41 am

Raistilin fell down as the rocking of his home got worse and worse. The earthquakes were getting more intense, and the lava was starting to weaken the sigils, he wasn't strong enough to empower them, so he could only pray that they would withstand the blows, soon enough he started to realise that he had to get to high ground, staying inside would be suicide. So he went to his attic, and climbed up to the roof. What he saw was shocking, the countryside, covered in lava, bubbling and boiling everything, huge steam vents came from the lava in frequent intervals and the very earth opening up to pour in down into the depths. He sat on his flat roof and watched it all, the heat coming from below enough to scald most, but for a Cald, meant nothing.

The Dark Gun

Weeelll... Umm...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:45 pm

OOC: There's not so much I can do at this point really... Oh and it's worth noting, although Caldians are quite heat resistant, anything that would scald a non-caldian would be uncomfortably warm, to say the least.

IC: *The magma and steam continued to wash around the well defended house, but unforunately it was built outside normal city limits, and therefore not protected by the group spells that defended the city from any rock or magma intrusion. He was in trouble now, though, for the magma was all around, he'd have to think fast to get himself out of this one.*

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:25 pm

Perl looked around in slight confusion. Here she was, trying to make friends and no one was talking. Not even the guy who had asked the question in the first place. She set her jaw and tried again. "I got sucked up by some kind of cyclone. I have two parents, no siblings…oh and one dream creature. He's a Megathan. I'm 16, though I have another birthday in a few months."
Perl finally gave up talking, as no one seemed to find anything she had said as good enough for a conversation starter. She walked past the silent group and took some water in a cup, drinking it down. Then she moved over to the edge of the cloud, looking out over the sea of gray clouds that raged beneath them. She wondered what her chances would be of hitting water if she jumped off the cloud.

<><><>

(OOC: Sorry people. I'm tired of waiting. The post might be over the top, but if this doesn't give you something to write, even if it's 'Hello, my name is <insert name here>' then this RP was dead before we started. And Mr. GM, no disrespect, but you are the GM. When things get stuck it's your job to get them moving again. If Sobe can't write him into a open ended post so as to join us, then leave him, and get on with what we're supposed to be doing. If my Spring Break ends without getting anywhere, I'm going to have Perl jump off the cloud, and if she dies it'll be on your heads. (SD, I'll have you draw up the odds on her hitting water or not.) Sorry, I'm in a slightly bad mood and I'm tired of coming here and seeing that nothing has happened in this post yet again. Oh look, my OOC is as long as my actual post. Now that never happened in any ISs I ever wrote in.)

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:34 am

ooc: I think this one is dead... no one was posting before, so it would probably be best to just let it die.

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:43 am

Malhildur walked up beside Perl, looking over the edge. "Long way down." She commented.
Perl nodded. "Think I'll hit water if I jump?"
"Well with the storm winds, who knows?"
"Well I'm willing to give it a shot." Perl took a deep breath and stepped off the cloud. Malhildur blinked, then shrugged and dove off the cloud after Perl.

<><><>

(OOC: Yeah yeah, I know it's not Monday, but my Mondays suck, so I wasn't in the mood to post. And yes I do have permission to make Malhildur jump too.)

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:26 am

Raistilin finally remembered the boat. In case of emergency his father had told him, well, if anything was an emergency, this was definitely it. Raist jumped down the stairs and ran for the basement. In it, was a large boat with huge sigils of protection on it. If anything could withstand this heat, it would be this boat. Raist dragged up the stairs and into the living room. He got in and muttering his spell, blasted the door open in the front. The door burst open and lava spilled in, filling the room and pushing the boat back. Raist waited and the boat was eventually pushed out into the outside. He then got out the oars, with themselves were made of diehard metal and covered in runes and sigils of protection. He rowed for the safest place he could think of, town. He knew that if he got there, their global enchantments would more than likely protect him. (OOC sorry about the late post I've been extremely busy on spring break and I had some comp problems once I got back i.e Internet was down, So I am back now, and here to stay.)

Return to Other RPs