The beast of Darroch(freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Ajil6

Embarressment

Unread postby Ajil6 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:24 pm

((XD Boy do I feel stupid, damn you OOC forum!))

"Er Monk.. I think your eyes have decieved you. There isn't anyone there." He shot Monk a confused glance. "Oh well, this area seems to be, well, alright for resting for a few moments, what say we stop here for awhile? Before I met you, I'd been wondering a long, long time. And I'm rather tired."

Sobe Dragon

Re: Embarressment

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:44 pm

Monk looked back at the place, perplexed 'I could have sworn I saw someone...' He walked into the camp, and set down his pack. The mage was saying something about rest, and Monk agreed, but he was still nervous. He didn't like this rest place, they were boxed in if something decided to attack. Looking at the mage, he nodded to him about sleeping, but he decided that he was not. He was going to stand guard for awhile, ' at least if something attacks, I can wake the mage and there will be two of us to fight rather than just myself, as earlier.'

Kyton

WOAH!

Unread postby Kyton » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:19 pm

OOC: Damn I get caught up for a few days and I have many-a-post to catch up on LOL! I'm sorry guys... I'm trying though! ... I really am! O_O

IC:

The lizard-creature was all but unconscious, and well too weak to put up any struggle as Tweek placed the mixture on the inside of it's lips. It groaned and shuddered at the nearness of it's enemies, it's scales eyelids clamped firmly shut in pain.

Deeper in the cave was obvious sign of struggle. The walls were marked by chips and slashes of the sort made by a swordtip, and there was a variety of blood splatters on the floor. Dalin was well aware of the sorts of wounds needed to make some of those marks, and many of them were supposed to be instantly lethal. The battle raged all over the place, including among a copse of stalagmites and stalactites towards the end of the cave. That is where the battle ended. The broken pieces of a broadsword laid at the beginning of the mini stone forest, and a little farther in was a split shield. The steel was opened wide in four long lines, and a spot of blood showed the arm was caught in behind it as well in the single blow.

The Yrrasi's eyes suddenly shot wide, and it rolled over slamming an arm against the stone floor of the shelter. It's breath caught in a hard ghasp and it cried out in pain as it's body spasmed.

"Thasna ka lethista!"

The words escaped through it's mouth in a rush, followed by what sounded like inane babble. Every once and a while the stream of weak words were interrupted by a loud groan only to continue again. The language was slightly reminiscent of the underground common-tongue, but still very few words could be pieced together. "Furred demon", "No Death", ...and some sort of curse were all that could be discerned, repeated over and over again. The female was plainly delerious, and would need help very soon. Her chest had a deep wrend across it, as did her left arm. Both of which insisted on bleeding profusely. It would take all of even Yrati's skill to stop it. Which meant taking it back to the camp as well so he could work.

By this time the sounds of distant battle had long faded, and the storm had begun it's slow return to a light, misty rain.
----------------------------

Ajil and Monk, when you reach the small, sheltered camp you can see that the marks in it are moist thanks to the rain and hail... but they are only about a half-hour old. It seemed that whoever was camping here had grabbed what they could and ran off in a hurry to the northeast. On the south side of the camp, near the tree-line, are the marks of something other than human. Unfortunately the tracks are flooded with water and mud and nearly destroyed. The stride is that of a four-legged creature though, and there are long, sweeping tail-marks as well. They wander near the camp, leading to a ruffed up patch of moss at the top of the sheltering crevass, then leading away to the east. There are still a few items strewn near the lowering fire, along with a pile of logs for the night. ... whoever it was would likely be returning.

CaptainCommando

Re: WOAH!

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:25 pm

"Oof... ugh... hey," a voice grumbled from the front of the cave. Finally Yrati had decided to climb the mountain, and had just made it to the mouth of the cave (with a bit of trouble) as the Yrassi female had finished her babbling, "what... oh my!" the priest moved over quickly to the creature.

He stopped a little bit away from it and looked nervously, "Is she the beast that we are looking for?" he asked quietly as he looked over the creature's wounds from a distance. It looked like it was nearly dead, and that even if he wanted to save it, it would take some skill and magic to keep it alive.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:47 pm

"I think she speaks the truth. Look at her, she's much stronger than the one we fought. It would almost be questionable if we could've beaten her." Dante realized he was using we now instead of I. This was very wierd for him, he had been on his own for so long. He decieded to shrug it off for now.

"I don't know if we could find her assalint tonight. The tracks are going to be hard to find or even see."

Sobe Dragon

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:53 pm

Monk could barely notice the marks on the ground but he definitely noticed them, they belonged to something powerful, He suddenly did not like this forest.
He heard all of the sudden, something screaming, almost babbling in another language. It was echoeing through the mountains. 'hmm, I wonder what the hell that was?'
He looked back at the camp and wondered why these people would leave so much behind. They must have been expecting an attack of some kind. considering the amount of things there must have been more than just three of them, there had to be at least one more. The fire that he had seen earlier had died out, and noticing a flintbox on the ground tried to get another one started but it was too wet now. He finally gave up, deciding to sit and watch. He was extremely nervous about all of this now.

Dalin Rifthome

Kill it ded.

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:56 pm

"I say we put the durned thing out o her misery, Im tired o linin to this rabble, Il gladly do it fer ye! Sides, I kinda promised the farmin folk id take care o what evers been harmin there livestolk, and ME thinks this is it.."

Ajil6

Re: Kill it ded.

Unread postby Ajil6 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:03 pm

Ajil heard the screeches, but didn't say or do anything about them. He felt strangely confident that whatever it was, he could handle it, and if he couldn't, he'd promptly leave via screams and fast footwork.

He did, however, walk to the edge of the campsite, and drew his scissorblade. "Nothing to be alarmed about." He said to Monk with a reassuring smile, "Just making sure nothing catches us unawares."

He hefted his weapon, and let it rest, blade flat down, on his shoulder as he stared out into the darkness.

Sobe Dragon

Re: Kill it ded.

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:36 am

Monk smiled back, he sat down on a near log, his bow in hand, pointing towards the sky.

Scyla001

No, no kill it ded!

Unread postby Scyla001 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:31 am

"We's need her alive!" Tweek said, resting his hand on her head reasuringly. "she's the only thingy that has seen, faughteven, the beasty we're here to do for. Raty, can you heal her? I can help anyway you need me to if possible."

Ajil6

Re: No, no kill it ded!

Unread postby Ajil6 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:32 pm

Ajil turned to Monk, "We can't rest here long, sir." He looked out into the stormy woods, "Whatever was staying here might come back, this place looks like it was occupied before we even arrived." He motioned to the darkness beyond, "There will be other shelters, I'm sure, we just need to keep looking. Personally, I don't think whatever stayed here will be too happy with us using it's place."

Dalin Rifthome

Daft I say.

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:06 pm

"Soon as ye get yer durned infermation, I'm bashing its head in."

And with That Durin hooked his mace to his pants, slung the Shield over his shoulder, and picked up ((Or TRIED TO)) the Lizzard thing, and slowly made his way back to camp.

"Blast, figures this thing weighs more then it looks."

Sobe Dragon

Re: Daft I say.

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:03 am

Monk thought about what the Magician had said, and decided he'd rather stay here, at least here they would have a few minutes to react. He shook his head at the Mage and continued sitting.

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:04 am

As Tweek reached out to touch the creature it's eyes snapped clear, and a hard, threatening hiss exploded from it's throat. It faded as quickly as it came, but he knew very well if she wasn't in so dire an affair that look would have halted a wild boar in it's tracks. Her body tensed any time someone touched her. She had fight in her to the last.

"Unhand me! ... let.. me die... by something more...worthy.. than a sack.. of... meat!"

Her breaths were coming in ragged ghasps from the effort of speaking. Again she tensed as Yrati laid a hand on her, and despite her condition she tried valantly to strike at him. Her weakness made it a simple matter to hold her down. The fire in her had a last spurt before she finally succumbed to the magic, and the peace of unconsciousness.

As the soft glow of Yrati's work faded it revealed her wounds to be somewhat lessened. The bleeding had slowed greatly. The wounds were still moist but no longer flowing, and Yrati could determine her at least safe to be moved.
------------------------

The Yrrasi was indeed heavy for Dalin as the mighty dwarf tried to heft the female, and even propped across his shoulder her feet longed to drag on the ground. The matter could be made a lot easier with Dante's help. Especially if he didn't want to fall on his way back down the cliff. After a little work it gets sorted out however, and before long the treck back to camp is made.

As everyone nears they can see that the fire is out, but by the returning moonlight a pair of figures can be seen. One is near where the fire used to be, the other is standing nearby looking out into the forest. More specifically in their direction.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:33 am

Dante seeing the strangers draws his sword. "More guests. This is getting to be quite the pack. I'm going straight forward and meeting them. Tweeky, go around and get another angle on them. Raty and, Dalin just keep behind me you have your hands full."

Dante continued forward holding his sword in one hand, the blade extening out for several feet. Even with how far away they were it would be a danting sight for the strangers.

Scyla001

You would!

Unread postby Scyla001 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:03 am

"Is Tweek! No Y in name, remeber that manthing." Tweek hissed befor moving off swiftly Image .

He decided to come about on the flank of the mage which, in his opinion, would be best if he decided to attemp to cast a spell at his comrades.

CaptainCommando

Heavy!!!

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:46 pm

Yrati, (foolishly) had offered to aid the dwarf with by helping carry the Yrassi and was having a bit of trouble. He was by no means a man of brute strength and even with the dwarf supporting over half of the weight it was a struggle. The fact that he was maybe a foot or two taller than the dwarf didn't really help either.

As they neared their sheltered cave there was apparently someone else already there and Dante issued orders, "Wait..." the priest said with a little difficulty as he tried unsuccesfully to shift the weight he was carrying, "please try not to seem too menacing!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 2/23/03 8:25:10 am

Sobe Dragon

Re: Heavy!!!

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:54 pm

Monk saw them coming in the distance, and wasn't too worried. He knew the Mage could speak for them. So he continued sitting on the log and watched the Mage stare into the distance. He was more than ready for them, bow in hand. He let his body relax and his mind clear. He calmly sat where the fire used to be and waited.

Geocsuppi

Re: Heavy!!!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:18 pm

Dante thought about this for a moment, and came to the conclusion that he had done the right thing. A friendly thing would not fight and so they would not need to, on the other hand if they were enemys then they had the upper hand.

"No it's alright Yrati. They will be unharmed if they are friends, you can count on it." Dante walked a little faster, taking longer strides. He wanted to reach them before anyone else.

Sobe Dragon

Re: The beast of Darroch(freestyle)

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:56 pm

Monk watched the man with the large sword start moving faster towards them. Well he thought ' if they were going to attack they wouldn't be charging like that at us. he must want to talk.' At this Monk stood up keeping his Bow to the ground and standing there.

Ajil6

Re: The beast of Darroch(freestyle)

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:44 pm

Ajil stared at Monk, then the approaching man.

"Hello~" He called out, "What brings you to our unfortunate neck of the woods tonight?"

Dalin Rifthome

*Mummble grumble*

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:46 am

"Ah to hell with ye, ye want it so durned badly, ye cary it the rest of the way back!"

And with that Durin promptly dropped his end of the Lizzard creature, and dashed off, mace in hand, to the intruders found at his camp site.

'Hopefull these won be so friendly.' Thought Durin as he ran swiftly towards his campsite, as he neared, the first thing he saw was the Giant with a bow.

O_O

"DIE YE OVERGROWN SON OFA ORCISH PIG!" >_<

*Hurls mace*

OOC: Sorry, Its a racial enemy, *Giants* None to worry, I wont let Durin do anything bad, its just his reaction is all.

Sobe Dragon

Re: *Mummble grumble*

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:57 am

Monk saw the Mace just in time. With unncanny speed for a giant he bent low and dodged the Mace, getting clipped in the shoulder though. When he saw it spinning back towards the owner, his slammed his bow on the top of the mace and watched it hit the ground. Then he grabbed it and threw it into the bushes behind him. 'Why did the small man throw that at me, I know him not.' (OOC: He's never met a Dwarf before, should be interesting)

CaptainCommando

OOF!

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:31 am

"Yii!" Yrati yelled out as he struggled to keep the Yrassi held up.

"Ah! Hey! What's going on!" Slowly, and carefully Yrati lowered the Yrassi to the ground with a grunt and looked out towards the cave. Obviously the dwarf was attacking somone, Yrati didn't really find that all surprising though, as most of the dwarves he knew were either thinking about fighting or drinking 24/7.

What is he doing! "Aah! Durin! Stop!" The priest stood up and prepared to create a symbol in case the dwarf kept attacking whoever was in the cave.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 2/23/03 8:32:37 am

Dalin Rifthome

>_<!!!!!!

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:27 pm

*Mutter mummble*

*Mace flys back towards Durin*

"Ye REALLY din think I'd be dissarmed THA easily did ye?"

*Hurls mace yet agian*

Stumpy legs pumping, Durin runs towards the Speedy Giant in hopes that maybe he can get some bashing time in afterall...

Sobe Dragon

Re: >_<!!!!!!

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:41 pm

Monk, surpised, watched the mace fly, yet again from the bushes and back into the hands of its owner. He didn't know what to do, he did not want to fight this man. He was peaceful in nature. So he sat back down and set his bow down, the man would surely not attack an unarmed, peaceful man.

The mace flew and nailed him in the chest. He slammed into the ground and felt his breath fly right out of his body and he took awhile to get back up. He saw the small man, closer now, running at full speed yelling at him.

He stood back up, his bow in hand and waited, patiently. He could not speak to the small man, but he could defend himself from one so small, he was trained to fight, despite his displeasure in it. He would not harm the small man, but he had to defend himself.

Dalin Rifthome

Damn...

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:18 pm

Even through his battle rage, Durin could hear his new found friends calling for his cease fire...he couldn't understand WHY they would want this monstrosity to live... but now he had to make a decision... listen to them... or let his Battle rage consume him and break some knee caps....Now was the time for trust...but, would he listen?

Sobe Dragon

Re: Damn...

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:46 pm

Monk saw the man slow down. His friends were yelling at him to cease his attack but for some reason he seemed eager still for battle. Monk was wary. He didn't want to die or be incapacitated in his first few weeks from the monastery.

CaptainCommando

Re: Damn...

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:07 pm

Yrati's brow creased, "Durin... I didn't want to have to do this but..." The priest bowed his head and clasped both hands in front of him as he began his chant. Suddenly Yrati's eyes shot open and he pointed a hand at the dwarf who was promptly surrounded by a swirling column of ancient celestial symbols.

Hopefully the spell would stop him dead in his tracks instead of just slowing him, but Yrati was prepared in case he needed to react...

(((The spell above is just a variation of Yrati's stun spell.)))

Dalin Rifthome

Oh shite...

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:01 pm

"What in the----"

((CRASH))

All at once, Durin froze. Joints locked up, limbs felt like a led weight, and he could no longer move, and for the time being speak, he was too shocked!

Ajil6

Re: Oh shite...

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:09 pm

Ajil stood out of the way of the fight, not wanting to exhuast his already exhausted body.

Looks like we're in quite the mess now... he thought to himself.

He stood off to the side, a spell in his mind, focusing, he wasn't planning on using it, but it wouldn't hurt to have it ready.

Sobe Dragon

Re: Oh shite...

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:52 pm

Monk suddenly saw the short man covered in a bright light. He then saw a man chanting a while away and realised that they were helping him. He reminded himself to thank them later and walked towards the group.

Kyton

The mix

Unread postby Kyton » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:34 am

The Yrrasi moaned slightly in it's unconscious stupor as it still laid at Yrati's feet. The bleeding had completely stopped finally, despite the rough ride, but it still needed the attentions of herb and bandage.

The minor altercation didn't go unnoticed in the dark forest that night, and once again eyes were watching from the darkness. The slightly warped, near black-and-white view shifted focus from one person to the next as they spoke and gestured. Evaluating, calculating. They constantly drifted back to Yrati. He seemed to be in charge, or at least had the most ability to be heard. He would be the first.

The unseen eyes shifted towards a slight spot of movement. Another figure had creeped slowly towards the edge of the trees and was watching the commotion. The watcher wasn't discovered however so it took no action.
------------------------

Hawk-like wings shifted slightly as Myriam slid to a knee among the bushes. ... So far she hadn't been found out, and she used that to her advantage as birdlike eyes scanned the camp ahead of her. They were arguing amongst themselves, and the largest of them looked to have just been hit by something. Unsure of what happened she waited for now, she would want things calmed down before introducing herself.

Little did she know that yellow eyes were on her back as well, waiting for the right moment.

CaptainCommando

Re: The mix

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:37 am

Yrati dropped to his knees and by the lizard woman and sighed before looking over to his companions, "Okay, now that that is setteled, perhaps I could have some assistance over here with the wounded."

Scyla001

Re: the mix

Unread postby Scyla001 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:13 am

Tweek, who had been crouched behind Ajil, now stood up and walked towards Yrati.

His strides were swift and carfully choosen, and he had soon made his way over to the celric. Being a black Skaven, tweek had the strengh in him to lift the yrrasi all by himself, but only decided to hold the majority of the weight, incase all his abilities were descovered too soon.

Somthing else was on tweeks mind. This place reminded him of home, which wasn't a good thing. He could feel eyes pircing through his cloak, from all directions, making him realise that he might not get as much sleep as he had hoped for tonight.

Dalin Rifthome

O_O

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:36 am

"..."
"..."
"..."

*Translation: "LEMME UP DAMN IT!"Image

Ajil6

Re: O_O

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:18 pm

Ajil nodded, "Assistance?" his mind cleared of the offensive spell, and filled once more with a cooler, more soothing feel. "Why yes, I can do that..." He sounded slightly confused, but didn't do anything to prove the contrary. He stepped over to Monk, who had previously taken a mighty fall. "I'll start with you, and then work my way around the camp, unless someone has a better idea."

Ajil felt a burst of energy as he cast his healing spell, and stifled the drain with a yawn.

Sobe Dragon

Re: O_O

Unread postby Sobe Dragon » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:56 am

Monk reached out and touched the man, "Do not worry about me, I can heal myself, but I will not be in fighting shape for a short while."

With that Monk sat down, legs crossed and mentally went through his body. He forced his white blood cells to congeal his blood and work quickly to heal his wound to his chest, and he fixed his cracked ribs.

He opened his eyes after several minutes of work. He was mentally and physically exhausted, but he was healed.

CaptainCommando

Okay!

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:23 pm

When Yrati and Tweak finished bringing the Yrassi into the cave, the priest handed Tweek some bandages, "Please, tend to her while I speak with the others and free the dwarf."

With that he stood up and walked to the two men that were already at the camp and bowed to them, "Terribly sorry for the trouble caused, especially to you," he said nodding to Monk, "I have a feeling that neither of you mean us harm, and I am sure that this shelter can be shared between us all." the priest bowed again before moving on to the frozen dwarf outside.

"Durin, I am going to release you from my spell now," Yrati stated warily as he moved to the dwarfs side, "please, please, do not do anything rash." With that said, Yrati raised his hands and towards the frozen dwarf and muttered a few words. The spiral of symbols appeared around Durin once again, only this time spinning in reverse, and he was free to move again.

Yrati took a cautious step back... just in case.

Scyla001

Re: Okay!

Unread postby Scyla001 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:53 pm

Tweek nodded towards yrati in recognision of what he had said. He now looked towards the injured yrrasi. It had been his idea to keep the girl alive, so it was his responcability to keep her alive.

With all the training in the assasins guild into how to cause as much pain as possible in the desired way, he had also been taught how to stop and heal such injuires. I was short work for him fixing up her wounds, the bandages and a few sprinkles of varrious powers had covered up the injuries quite well. Now, the next step tweek knew would be to interigate the Prisioner. Prisoner! Barely. In the dwarfs eyes she was to die by his hands shortly. Tweeks race would have devoured her as food already, but he was far nort of his subterrainion home now, a world of day and night and rain. He didn't want to have to resort to his skaven ways just yet. yrati and that other manthing knew nothing of his race, yrati thought he did, but if he truly knew he would alredy be dead.

'Her tongue is similar to mine own' he thought. 'I'll try under common wen she awakens, I think.'

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs