The beast of Darroch(freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Scyla001

Re: The beast of Darroch(freestyle)

Unread postby Scyla001 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:16 am

Tweek moved swiftly on all fours following the sent of the enemy, trying to get behind them for a close quartered attack.

(Ooc: Tweek also has amazing darkvision, as his race live in the underdark, so the low level light shouldn't be a problem.)

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:49 pm

The creature hissed and snarled as the energies of Yrati's spell swirled around it, clinging to its skin and armor like honey. The spell slowed its motions as it shifted to parry Dante's attack, changing what would have been a clean stop of the attack into a clumbsy block. The blade of Dante's sword slid down the haft of the Yrrasi's left handaxe, catching against the weapon's own blade before coming free. Most of the force of the blow was lost, but Dante still felt the tip of the sword impact as he passed, and heard a grunt from the creature.

Both combatants stood motionless for an instant, backs facing eachother as Tweek continued to slink through the shadows nearby. Then in a flurry of motion the creature spun about. Steel axeblades glinted in another cloud-skipping thunderbolt as they cut through the air with lethal intent. One came in low to cut at Dante's thigh, while the other came down towards his shoulder in a heavy chop. The movements were stiff, and the angles were imperfect thanks to the spell still clinging to it's flesh, but the magic was straining, and the spell would shatter soon.

Tweek finally comes around to the back of the fight, finding that the combatants had traded positions stealing away his chance to lunge just yet. The deadly dance was in full swing though, and likely he would merely have to wait for his opportunity.
---------------------------------

Another bolt of lightning skipped acros the sky, illuminating a lone hawk that circled the fight from on high. Near-luminescent eyes watched carefully what transpired, controlled by a master that stood already among the trees of the Darroch forest an hour up the road.

Wings shifted slightly atop a dark horse as a command was whistled into the night sky, heard only by a single being who banked through the sky and made for its master.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:34 pm

Yrati's brow creased. The creature must have some good resistance to magic, I better give Dante a boost.

Yrati closed his eyes and folded both hands close to his chest, he then began to chant. His voice ringing through the trees and echoing back. Suddenly the priest's eyes sprung open, and he raised both hands to the sky. Holy light enfolded Dante, giving him a greater feeling of clarity, and speeding his reflexes.

"Give him all you got," The priest called out, "my symbol is wearing off."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:29 am

Dante hopped back straight back. The blades whized by his shoulder and leg. Dante touched a foot on the ground and used it to hurl himself back at the lizard. He swung his sword infront of him, got down low and with the tip of the sword pointed and the lizards stomach he spang with his legs acting like a overgrown spear he attempts to shishkebab the lizard.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 1/20/03 7:20:29 pm

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:19 am

OOC: you decide whether you are hit or not yourself, and then feel free to counter ^_^

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:34 pm

'There must be more then just one!' Tweek thought. He had already moved so that he was down wind of his enemies, so he continued to move swiftly towards where he thought the rest should be, following there sent.

(Ooc:Tweeks clan, Eshin, are higly trained Assassins, who use poisions and chemicals regularly. Can you tell Tweek anything about the smell that might allow him to take advantage of his enemy?)

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:27 pm

Yrati's voice echoed around itself as he again called to the divine for aid, and once again the warmth of recognition flooded through him as the holy light surrounded Dante.

The creature roared in frustration as it's target skipped nimbly backwards, saved by the spell that still slowed it's movements. The look of frustration turned to pure hatred as the glow emerged around Dante, and it lunged in time with the man's attack. Steel sounded against steel as a handaxe caught the blade, stopping it's swing while the other raised for a deadly chop. However it wasn't counting on the sudden thrust and it's flesh gave way to the cold steel. The mark of hatred lasted for an eternal second as the pair stood frozen, eye to eye. Then it's features slacked as serpentine eyes turned hllow and lifeless, and it slid to the ground.
--------------------------

Tweek's searching for evidence of more followers proved fruitless thus far. If there were more, they were at least as good as he. There was no track or scent that he could discern. It was still considerably odd for a male of that species to be travelling alone however. Societies rarely sent outcasts away. Preferring to watch them die in a crude arena.

OOC: sorry you wouldn't be able to tell much by the smell. It would be like trying to get information about someone you just passed on the street by remembering what his B.O. was like. But if you catch that scent again you'd instantly recognise it.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:32 pm

Yrati sighed and walked towards the dead snake creature, "Interesting," the priest stated as he bent over to get a better look at the lifeless monster, "I don't think I've ever seen one of these before." Slowly Yrati sank to his knees, folded his hands, and bowed his head, saying a small prayer for the creature.

No creature, no matter how despicable, deserved to die without at least a small bit of well wishing for it's departed spirit.

After he had finished he stood back up and looked to Dante, "I wonder... what it was doing out here..."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:15 pm

Dante took a step to the left and let the creatures own weight remove it from the sword. He watched as Yrati said his prayer.

It's fast, I wouldn't have esacped that blow if it weren't for Yrati. And yet only one?

Dante lifted his head and looked at Yrati. "Hunting... It was looking for death. Why else would it come with such deadly weapons? Where is the other one?"

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:01 am

(Ooc: That's ok. He was just looking for things like traces of brimstone, sulphur or other chemicals.)

Tweek enventually returned to where he saw dante fighting his foe. He hoped down infront of it, sniffing lightly inside it's mouth, before deciding to scoop up he creatures siliva, placing it in one of the small steel pots that hung from his belt.

"We's best skin it next." Tweek sujested. "Anyone against making thiss our next meal?"

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:49 pm

Yrati made a slightly disgusted face, "Er, I don't really think that this creature would be good to eat..." the priest said, "besides, I am sure that there is something much better to eat about this forest than it."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=captaincommando@rpgww60462>CaptainCommando</A] at: 1/22/03 4:49:29 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:35 pm

"I must agree, this is a warior, it won't have much meat. You may have it if, that is what you want." Dante's voice never changed even as he thought about tearing through it for meat.

"Did you manage to find any others while you were 'out'?"

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:22 pm

"Nope!" Tweek said as he finished skining the beast. "Theys were long gone. As for eating it, I'd sooner wait to see what manthing food you comes up with."

He slung the creatures scale covered hde over his shoulder then looked to dante. "Waddy ya do with my cloak?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:03 am

"I set it down where you gave it to me, I don't have time to hold your coat while defending the rest of you from killer lizards. And I will go catch some actual food."

[OOC: Can I write my whole hunt including whether I catch anything or not?]

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:23 pm

The creature's saliva was thick and almost gellatinous as Tweek stripped a sample from it's mouth. Gunk was just about the only human word for it as the stuff clung to his hand, leaving a slimy sheen behind as it was scraped into the container. A fair portion was able to be leaned however, enough to coat a swordblade or several arrowtips.

As everyone regrouped and discussed camp, the clouds began letting their cargo fall in a light drizzle. It was little more than a damp mist in the cooling evening air, but enough to bring some mild discomfort at the wetness and heavy air. The darkness of the early night was made only deeper by the lack of stars or moon. The brunt of the building storm seemed to center over the forest that still lay a short distance away. The rain was thicker there, forks of lightning occasionally flashing. By counting the seconds the heart of the storm began ten kilometers away, but has gotten closer.
----------------------

The shadowed figure nestled itself against the base of a tree just inside the forest, ruffling it's feathers to shake off the accursed water. There was no campfire to provide light or warmth, and the ground was too wet here to make one. Instead the figure spread out it's large-feathered wings, and wrapped them around it's self.
-------------------------

The female Yrrasi pushed hard through the grasses, stalking in a straight line for the forest. Her two surviving males were struggling to keep up, the cold of the rain and air wearing into them. She felt it as well, but her rage kept her warm, drowned out her body's cries for shelter and warmth. Even her tail lashed from side to side against the grasses, battering them aside harshly.

She had been told nothing of magic being involved, and to make matters worse was sent out without the help of her shaman. Her sister had been held behind, to work a spell because the tribe was getting edgy over something. Now she was down a mate because of them. To gain another she would have to defeat him un unarmed combat, without killing him. Something she found strenuously difficult. And to top it all off she had a long walk ahead of her, in the cold of the night.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:11 pm

Dante asked Tweek, "I'll take some of that to clean my sword." Dante reached his hand out to get some of the sliva.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:14 pm

Yrati looked over at Dante and raised an eyebrow, "Saliva? To clean your weapon?" The priest shook his head, "That seems rather odd to me, but then again I'm not a warrior."

The priest frowned and looked up at the sky, "We need to find shelter soon, a storm is near."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:24 pm

"Good for getting out blood. I agree though cover would be good."

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:35 am

"Help yourself to what ever's left." Tweek said To dante while screwing the top tightly onto the container he held in his hand. "Be careful though, might enter your system though the skin. i'd be alright but I'm not sure how'd it'd effect you's."

He then stood up and shook himself, almost dog like, to get the water out of his fur. "Never had much rain where I used to live." He reminist, befoe making his way to his cloak and putting it on.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:13 pm

Dante too the jar and stuffed into a pocket in his red coat. No one caught a good enough glance to see which pocket.

"I'm going to go find cover, come or don't wither way is fine with me."

"That mage seems useful, I don't know about the other one though we shall find out soon wont we," Jason thought to himself as he walked in search of cover.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 1/25/03 6:50:45 pm

Dalin Rifthome

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:17 pm

*Tick*
*Tick*

"BLAST YE! WHY WON YE WORK?!"

For the past halfhour the stumpy looking figure has sat around some kindling attempting to light a fire, alas it appears he has had no luck.

*Tick*
*Tick*

"Alreet, If ye wana be like tha..."
*Pulls flask out of pack, Pours some Browinsh looking liquid onto the kindleing, and after Takes a pull*

"Thats some good ale!"
"Now lets see ye resist me sparks!Image "

*Tick*
*Tick*
*FAWOOOOOMP*

"Ho ho! Warmth at last!.....Blast, I think Im gonna need to get me some Firewood, elce I wont habe a fire much longer..."

And with that The figure stood up, and started scavageing for firewood, all the while takeing into account his surroundings...

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:14 pm

(Ooc: I'm sorry Image are you taking Tweeks pot?!! Gitoffyabugger, help yourself from the mouth of the beasty. And is his name Jason or dante?)

"Shelter would be a good idea right now me thinks. But we'd best get moving then cos we're in middle of this huge grasssy place."

(Ooc: Tweek didn't by chance see anywhere we could shelter while I was scouting did he.)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:55 pm

[OOC: Dante, did I mess up and put jason in one of my posts? Kyton I'm assuming you want us to meet up with the new guy at the shelter so could you let us know how to get there or do we get to write that ourselfs.]

Dante looked over at Tweek. "I agree we should look for cover."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 1/27/03 7:27:50 pm

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:07 am

OOC; not to worry I have it all figured. ... so far at least LOL! ^_^

IC:

As if on a cosmic cue to the three travellers, Dante's drifting eye caught a sudden bright flash of light among the trees of the forest. It wasn't very far in, but obviously not from lightning. It went from the ground up, and was the color of fire. After a few heartbeats the light faded again, though the location as to it's source had already been determined. It was near where the path entered the forest, in an area where the trees grew a little less thickly thanks to the shale of the area being more exposed than usual.
----------------------------------------

The fire burst to life as the glowing spark of flint touched the disturbingly alcoholic liquid, sending out a flare of hot flames for several seconds. Once the liquid had burned away the wood was left smouldering, several embers clinging to life on the surface, but still no fire. Just as exasperation was sure to set in though there was a slight gust of wind and the ember glowed hot. It gave a relieving small >fwish< as a small flame came to life and slowl began to spread. Within moments the fire was cheery and warm, casting it's light around.

The figure was lucky to have found what shelter he did. It was a large crack that formed through a rise in the shale and faced towards the border of the forest. The exposed rock had been covered in a rich green moss, of which a section was missing to serve as the catalyst to the flames. Nearly all of the rain was kept from the good-sized shelter, and save for a wet patch of wall it was fairly dry and comfortable.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:26 am

"Fire, this way follow me, be ready for battle. The ones who attacked us might have set up camp."

Dante unsheathed his sword started for the fire not waiting for anyone.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:12 pm

"Wait, wait for us!" Yrati whispered loudly and began to follow carefully behind Dante. The priest sighed as he followed along and made sure his books were safely tucked away, Why is it so hard for him to slow down for the rest of us?He thought unhappily in his head.

Dalin Rifthome

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:02 am

"Aahh! Now THA'S more like it!" Sighed Durin, after returning from scavangeing & setting up camp.

*Takes the next few minits to eat and relax*

OOC: Im not to worried about people, so I dont think theres any way im gonna hear them approach, unless they some how SCREW UP RIGHT at the end.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:10 am

Dante ran through the forest. About 40 feet from the fire he held up his hand to signal to the rest to stop. He peired around the tree he was hiding behind. He saw a person eating casualy. He looked back to the rest. "I'll go straight forward, have the mage stay here to provide support. Tweek, go around to the back side."

Dante started moving from tree to tree. Within the space of a minuet Dante was less than 20 feet from the person. he waited for a signal that Tweek had arived at his spot.

Scyla001

Unread postby Scyla001 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:13 pm

Tweek reached his point about the same time as dante reached his. He looked up to servay the camp. 'Dosn't look much of a theat.' Tweek though to himself.

He looked towards dante now, his green eyes glowing in the low light, and placed his hand on his blow pipe, incase he need it.

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:11 pm

"Mage? I'm not a mage." Yrati grumbled and shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. He looked from Tweek to Dante and then back at the fire.

"Why couldn't we have just walked up and introduced ourselves... he doesn't look like a bad fellow..." the priest mused to himself, and then fell quiet, realizing he was talking to himself again.

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:09 pm

The soft drizzle sounded all around camp and traveller alike as the droplets hit the foliage of the thick canopy overhead. The sound was a constant thrumm, and enough to drown out footfalls that shifted through deadfall, whispered word, and even the shifting of low branches as Dante and Tweek skulked through the trees. The rain could not, however, drown out the low green glow of Tweeks eyes in the night, or that the usual forest insects had suddenly gone very quiet near the figure sitting at the campfire.
(OOC: I'll let you decice what you notice Durin, if anything at all. Though the most likely thing would be the lack of insects seeing as Tweek is behind you. ^_^)
------------------
------------

The female Yrrasi let out a harsh string of rumbles and hisses towards her two males as they struggled to keep up. The cold was cutting into them hard now, even she could feel it's effects seeping in. She was weak, sluggish. No matter how much force she drove into her body her legs struggled to keep her standing, and barely managed to place one foot in front of the other.

<Shallik, we -must- find shelter. As should you. We are weak from this infernal cold, and can't see the path for the rain.>

If it had have been any other time she would have cut his throat where he stood. But she had to admit he was right.
---------------------------
-------------

The dark world came into focus in a yellow tint from high above, centered atop a rocky ridgeline as several lizard-like figures began coming near. A low, feral growl issued from a nearby throat, and the world shifted and rushed past as a new hunter ran through the nighttime forest.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:25 pm

Dante jumped out of the foliage and trees he was hiding behind and landed in front of the other man. One hand in the air showing the others not to come yet.

"Who are you," Dante said in a low gutteral voice.

Kyton

Unread postby Kyton » Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:48 pm

OOC: Dalin? ... still there?

IC:

The Yrrasi trudged along the now soaked forest floor as the cold rain pelted down onto them relentlessly. The cold chill of the night, and the falling cold of the rain, left them all longing for warmth and shelter. Thankfully the female knew of shelter that was close by. There was a stone cave that opened partway up a low ridge. The area of ground looked as if there once was a large, smooth hill and a giant strode by, swiping away half of it cleanly. It wasn't long before they came to it's base. None of them noticed the speckles of crimson on the exposed rock around their feet. In their weary state all they thought of was scaling the short distance to promised shelter.

The female Yrrasi was halfway to the shelter, and her first mate was just beginning to climb while the other huddled against the cold. There was suddenly a dark flash along with the rustle of fabrick and fur. A rush of air as body impacted body, then it was gone again. The climbing male looked down to see the other was no longer there. Instinctively he called out a warning, but it was cut off as black talons tore through it's throat. The cry of alarm faded into a distressed gurgle, which too was ended by the snapping of bone. The female glanced down to meet faintly glowing yellow eyes on a hideous dark shape, and scrambled into the nearby opening with a surge of adrenaline. In an instant the cold and rain was forgotten. She was standing just inside, wickedly spiked shield and just as evilly serrated sword in hand.

Her stare was too intently on the outside, and she failed to notice the dark shape straightening behind her, rising to a height that easily dwarfed hers as yellow flashed.
-------------------------

Yet another figure suddenly jolted awake, large, round orbs of eyes glancing from side to side in a moment of panic as wings ruffled. A slightly clawed, three fingered hand reached out to take hold of a bow's handle and lifted the item closer. As time passed the figure realized nothing was there, and once again wings folded foreward to enshroud her form.

Dalin Rifthome

MY CAMP!

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:25 pm

"Eh? Whasis?"

((Crash))Stranger: Who are you?

"Hail stranger! Who be ye? I be Durin Deepmug. Care to warm yeself, by me fire?"

OOC: Sorry, I went away for a few days an hadnt the time to reply, My bad.

Geocsuppi

Re: MY CAMP!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:49 pm

"I am Dante; what are you doing here," Dante held his sword at the stranger. He was still unwary of the stranger, friend or foe who could know. As Dante had rolled off he had noticed that they were in a clearing of sorts, not the safest place possible but it would do. If the stranger had back up somewhere the fight could turn sour quick.

[OOC:Wee I made a rhym.]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 2/3/03 10:36:17 pm

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:27 pm

Yrati let out a heavy sigh as Dante pointed his sword at the dwarf by the fire. Quietly, but quickly the priest entered the clearing and bowed to the dwarf, making a small coughing noise in his throat as he did. "Excuse me sir, very sorry, he's a bit paranoid, so excuse him please." the priest said quickly, then bowed again "We are simply wanderers looking for shelter and we saw your fire so we thought we'd check it out, and well here we are, pleased to meet you."

The priest looked over at Dante and frowned, "Please put away your sword, I don't think that he means us any harm, and besides, barging in on a lone man by his fire with sword drawn makes you seem a bit like a brigand."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:55 pm

"Lone people are more dangerous than a gang of theifs. I'll lower my sword but I will not wait an instant to make it drunk on your blood," Dante thrust the sword towards the man sitting down. The blade came within milimeters of the mans nose upon when Dante said blood. He lowered the blade to his side. And kept a good eye on the man.

Scyla001

Dwarfen Scum!

Unread postby Scyla001 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:03 am

Tweek concidered Dropping the Dwarf right there an then. Dwarfs and his own kind had faught many long wars through the underdark, his own kind allying with Drow readerly. The dealings down there of warpstone and Gromril between these two naturally evil races had spured on their hatered for centurys.

Tweek stopped however. He though this dwarf might not have been down deep enough to hear the tails of the battles or witness the slow destruction of his people at the hand of the great armys martching under the bannor of the Great Horned Rat himself. Raising his cloak and placing his hood over his head, he moved out of the bushes an joined the rest of his group, as silently as ever.

Dalin Rifthome

Tempers runnin high...

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:22 pm

Muttering a single word, The Dwarfs mace flew into his hands.

"Now lisin HERE BOYEE, Ive invited ye and yer friend thar, to sit by me fire, but I WON' BE INTIMIDATED BY THE LIKES OF YOO! Now, Sit down, put yer sword away afore I MAKE Ye, or be gone."

Whilst speaking, Durin waved his mace menecingaly towards the arrogent speaker.

Now addressing the Polite man,

"As for YOO, yer welcome to join me, Ye havent had the manners of a drunkn orc, care for a bit o' me ale?"

Scyla001

Re: Tempers runnin high...

Unread postby Scyla001 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:31 pm

Tweek walked steaderly around the dwarf, and sat himself down cross leggid beside where Yrati was standing. He kept his hands, face and tail hidden from the dwarf incase he knew he was a foe, although he was not shaken by his attempt to intimidate the other manthing.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs