SeeD RP (Part 2)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: *inbetween cut scene* :D

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:57 pm

Ash raised an eyebrow as he looked towards Shasti, "Something wrong?" he asked her, curious as to why she suddenly headed toward him.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:41 pm

Shasti sighed. "I'm not sure. Dane just started to worry me, more so then usual."

she thought for a moment then decided to ask while still waiting.

"Sir, what do you think of the idea of soldiers without GF's?"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:22 am

Ash looked puzzled, "Well... it's a plausible and respectable decision... but at the same time... foolhardy. You'd have to truely train extra hard, and or have better knowledge of Fighting Techniques. The key to the usage of the Guardian Force best is to balance it out with your own strength, and not rely too much on one of the two, but both.

Now there's also the possibillity of having a good weapon to where the use of a Guardian Force is a waste of time. But also the fact still remains that the Guardian Forces bestow advantages.

But one could argue that it makes the individual rely too much on their GF. Almost dependant on it's abilities and not truelly expanding on their own or improving. See my point?" he asked her as he turned back towards the tower.

IM: Hmm... wonder what she was talking about... what's Dane thinking?

Ash tried his best to concentrate on the situation at hand...

Jak Snide

ACK!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:02 pm

As he moved around the base, Navin noted again that there was, seemingly, no activity inside. No patrols, no signs of recent activity, nothing. Nothing at all. He had an increasingly bad feeling about this.

All the same, if it was an infiltration point he was looking for, he found one soon enough. The fence near to the communications tower was pretty much out of the line of sight of the bunkers, as well as anyone who strolled out of the main building in the center of the base.

Banjooie

Re: ACK!

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:08 pm

Navin grinned to himself, despite the small problem.

I'm sure they've spotted me already, and they're just trying to make me feel overconfident. Alright...

He pulled out the wire cutters, and attempted to snip his way in. No using his trident this time..

Jak Snide

e: ACK!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:16 pm

Having the correct tools proved to be a boon, and the mighty wire fence fell before Navin's might. Satisfied with his progress, he slipped inside, no alarms having been raised just yet.

Banjooie

Re: e: ACK!

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:48 pm

Navin smirked.
Kay...o.o Now..what to do..

He turned on the radio, hoping nobody'd pick up the signal.
"Right...I'm inside...now what?"

Choark

... Dane > Navin .. Dane =/= idiot baka!

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:39 am

Shasti nearly smacked her forehead when Navin asked that question. By the Guardian Forces he could be an idiot sometimes. Or maybe he just didn't listen.

Answering back as politely as she could via the radio, she explained. "The idea was to look around the area, see if you could find any sentries, guards or camera's and report back to us of there locations."

She decided to explain it another way. This was Navin after all.

"You know, get in close without being detected and get a good idea about whats happening in the base. Then you'd report (or even return to us) and we could plan a proper attack based on the information you found."

OOC : Just having some fun

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/3/03 12:45:17 pm

Banjooie

And Navin isn't as stupid as you thought...

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:18 pm

"..That's all well and good, little girl, but I need somebody to sneak up ON, and this place seems to be in short supply of those. Permission to try the communications tower?"

Choark

Ha! :P Besides, Dane isn't Mr Clever plan is he?

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:29 pm

Shelia groaned and thought for a second. "If you think it will give you a better idea of whats happening in the base then, yes, go ahead."

She was starting to get a bad feeling. Plus he wouldn't get sniper support in the building.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:38 pm

"Got it. Maybe I'll even mail myself at the Garden. Here we go, over and out."
He, well, tried to edge,sneak, and generally Solid Snake his way to the comunication tower.

Jak Snide

*gives Navin a cardboard box*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:20 pm

Navin found himself devoid of obstacles, the base seeming truly deserted.

He stood at the door to the communications tower now, within sight of the others outside the base.

Banjooie

Re: *gives Navin a cardboard box*

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:37 pm

Navin looked about, waved around in a few directions so anyone watching wouldn't know where the group was, and tried the door! (:D!)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:22 pm

The handle turned easily in his hand, well oiled and nigh on silent.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:49 am

Navin looked about, after opening the door.
"Alright, whoever's in here, we have you surrounded, we're taking prisoners, we've got quite a few already, they're still alive, there's people that aren't us or you rampantly killing people, and the more of us that stay alive the better. Get it? Got it? Good. Now all of you, drop your weapons, and we'll all get along much better."
He, of course, still hadn't looked to see if anyone was there.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:07 pm

No reply came from inside, nor was their a single sound. Either there was no one inside, or they were keeping very, very quiet.

Navin figured that, if there was someone in there, they'd have their weapon trained on the door right now. Going in that way would be a bad idea.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:00 pm

Navin sighed, and walked around the building, trying to figure out a new way in.

Jak Snide

Re: ...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:32 pm

Navin quickly spotted it. On the opposite side of the building, a ladder rose upwards, lead to the roof of the building, and the large satilite dish which loomed overhead.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:55 pm

Navin slapped his forehead.
"Y'know, I have an odd desire for a sniper rifle like Anjelai's, and to jump down a ventiliation chute. That and to bungee jump down a dam. Weird. Anyway..."
He started to climb up the ladder, the trident strapped to his back. He looked around every so often to ensure nobody was watching him that shouldn't be."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:01 pm

He climbed onto the roof which was, just like the rest of the base, deserted. On the other side, beyond the satellite dish, was a door, probably leading down inside.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:12 pm

He turned on the radio.

"Folks, I'd just like to say for the record that this has been the easiest break-in in the history of mankind. Given that nobody is here, and if anybody is, they aren't exactly too forthcoming with their aggression, is there any reason to be here and not the rendezvous point?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:18 pm

Before anyone could reply, he noticed something a little out of place.

Namely, a little red dot creeping up his left leg.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:59 pm

..."Kay, cancel that, I'm about to be shot.Over and out."
He raised his hands, and his voice.

"Alright, ya got me. Least you can do is tell me which side you're on before you shoot, I went to all the work of sneaking in here. I'd at least want to die from the side I'm not trying to save."

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:14 am

"!!!"

Shasti stared down at the radio. 'Is he taking this seriously?' She didn't know what to make of the last transmission.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:49 am

Somewhere else...

The sniper's cross hair lay on Navin, the red dot created by the laser sight now unmoving.

"Target has raised hands and is speaking. Orders, sir?"

"The boy is weak. Teach him a lesson."

"Affirmative."

---

Navin suddenly had a very bad feeling, one that told him to move. As he began to turn, a single gunshot rang out, clearly from the area West of the base. Next thing he knew, he was face down on the roof, his left calf sending waves of agony to his brain, and a small pool of blood beginning to form underneath it.

The others, watching from outside the area, saw him go down.

Choark

MGS anyone?

Unread postby Choark » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:20 pm

Shasti looked in horror and winced at the thought of what just happened. Taking the radio once again she shouted down it, her calm a little shook up.

"Navin!? Navin!? Are you still alive!? Navin!?" It cleary wasn't the most professional thing to do but she had yet to witness someone she knew die in front of her and she was hoping that he was somehow still alive.

Dane, who had been watching the base and thinking hard, wasn't anywhere around. It seemed while Ash and Shasti had been talking and using the radio, he had wondered off.

SALSAlys

BLAAAARGH! Track kept me busy, couldn't reply!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:44 pm

Anjelai's eyes hardened, and her lips tightened as she tried to subdue a growing sense of forboding. She kept her rifle out, eyes straining to find who had shot Navin, and maybe fire a shot in return.

Jak Snide

*pats Lys on the head*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:12 pm

No matter how hard she looked, Anjelai couldn't spot the sniper. Either he was very far away, or very well concealed.

Banjooie

Re: *pats Lys on the head*

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:03 pm

Navin rolled over, and ripped his sleeve off, trying to tie it around his leg.
He turned on the radio again.
"Kay. Folks? I think we've found our black suits. Now, check the direction I was facing. The sniper had to be above me, or he wouldn't have gotten me in the calf. Assuming it's a he. Anyway...When you hear the loud bang? I suggest you move in."

He stopped in his tying the wound down to throw the grenade off the roof, in the direction that the shot had come from. He thought.

Then, well, he continued.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:14 pm

The grenade bounced off the lip of the roof, and onto the ground, lying there for a full second before detonating, sending shrapnel flying everywhere inside the base, ricocheting off buildings, shattering windows of the HQ building and generally ripping up anything not made out of stone. Navin could have sworn that he heard a scream as the blast went off, too, as he bandaged his leg. He wouldn't be able to move fast at all, but he wouldn't bleed to death either.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:54 pm

Anjelai cursed mentally, then glanced at Navin again.

He should be all right, she thought with slight relief. And maybe he got some of 'em.

Her rifle was still on her shoulder though, and she was prepared to fire at anything that looked remotely suspicious.

Choark

Well Stealth isn't an option...

Unread postby Choark » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:02 am

With little time to think about everything, Shasti, as soon as she heard the loud explostion, headed straight for the base. She didn't call out a little "Move out" but she hoped the others had heard what was going on.

Getting her weapons out ready, and mentally prepairing the GF's for whenever she needed them, she had a trange feeling come over her.

Why do I feel like a mouse being lured into a cage?

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Ash...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:27 am

Ash stood there, he too was suspicious of all of this.

He raised his hand, "Hold." he ordered, keeping the students back.

He looked to Shasti, "Do you have any Guardians that can look over there for us, by flight or by vision?" he asked her.

Choark

Re: Ash...

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:02 pm

Shasti stopped and looked at it. "Yes." She had her ice fox Guardian Force which could probably be able to sneak in better then her other one, which was the one that could fly, the fire bird. "I have one that can fly and another that might be able to be used to sneak in and look around. I've never used them like that, and I don't know how they'll tell us what they found."

She understood what Ash was doing, however she wanted to get in there before Navin died. Plus there smoke screen would only last a little longer then Navin would be defenless down there.

Banjooie

...Kay, simple concept folks

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:11 pm

Navin flicked on the radio.
"Kay, Guys!? Does the entire concept of "When you hear the bang, move in" completely escape you? I'm sitting here. I'm not going to bleed to death, but I'd rather you did something before someone else ensures I do. Really!"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: ...Kay, simple concept folks

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:17 pm

Ash looked towards the compound, his eyes squinted.

IM:God I hate these decisions... this could be a trap...

He held up his hand, "No... scratch that. I have a better idea." he said as he looked over the surroundings.

He turned to Shasti, "We'll split up into groups. One will be for getting to Navin, and the other will be to follow and provide cover and scattering fire, by staying on both sides of the first group. Then once we get to Navin, we'll try to find a more sheltered part of this compound, and give aid to Navin, as well as those who will possibly get injured in this maneuver." said as he turned towards the squads.

He took a quick scan of the students and then, split them all up into two seperate groups, with those who have the most firepower in the 2nd group, which included those who were in his squad, since they have some of the enemy's weaponry.

He looked around for Dane. "Where is that sonuvabitch?" he asked out loud.

IM:Dammit... where is that arrogant little shit? Oh well... Shasti will have to do... I trust her more anyways.

He turned to Shasti, "Shasti... I want you to lead Group 1. I trust you will be able to make the right decisions... you're a very level-headed and kind person. I couldn't think of a more better choice." he said as he headed towards his group.

IM:This'll either be one hell of a maneuver... or one hell of a bloodbath

Choark

Navin ain't the tactition of me :P

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:06 am

Shasti gulped down, this wasn't the time and the place to say no, but she didn't feel comftable with suddenly being put in charge. She hated the idea of just being a replacement for Dane even worse.

She nodded to Deeum and Nale. "You two come with me then." She then looked to Jei and Rudolf. "You two do the cover fire, and good luck!"

With that she did a quick little 'move out' and headed to the base and were she believed Navin was.

'Deeum and Nale are faster then me so hopefully they'll get to Navin. Pls they can both fight well in close quaters should the need arise.'

As she ran down she gulped down hard. 'Please Jei, I'm counting on ya to cover us.'

SALSAlys

Whee!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:10 am

Anjelai was thinking similar thoughts, although her hands were steady at her rifle despite her worry.

Keep 'em covered... that's what's important. And try to make sure they don't get sniped like Nav...

Jak Snide

NPCing the missing played.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:05 pm

Rudolph moved up besides Anjelai, nodding at her as he raised his blade, ready to move out.

KraKeN

Re: NPCing the missing played.

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:39 pm

Nale nodded moving forward clutch the forboding weapon that was his metal pole. He then unsummoned Nagi as he did not feel comfortable having her flying around with snipers on the loose.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs