SeeD RP (Part 2)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Choark

Well I assume to Stahl then...

Unread postby Choark » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:58 am

After confirming it was Stahl Dane answered the call.

"Dane reporting in. Reading you." Dane spoke into the radio, though he had no idea how well he was going to be picked up. "We are currently watching a base at Co-odinates.. "And with this Dane read out were he was, but even he was careful enough to make sure he wasn't speaking loud enough to be picked up by passing guards.. hopefully. "We are prepairing to attack."

That was the end of his transmission.

Jak Snide

Yup yup.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:51 am

A moment of silence followed, Dane's radio not uttering a sound. Then a reply came through.

"Proceed as fskned, but them move fsssssk primary objective. Theta and Lambda fssssk frssk[i] aid. Over."

The com fell silent again, the transmission havin
[/i]

Choark

Right.... *to tired to actually do Dane speech so... *

Unread postby Choark » Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:23 pm

Dane walked back to the group. ' Take the deport then back to the primary mission huh? Well, this place might be a decent workout. '

Though he suddenly relised he would have to think of the plan to attack. This was beginning to be a real pain in the ass for Dane, and seriously cramping his sytle, or so he thought.

Right, Navin was a sneaky bastard and to get in we need the barb wires cut without alerting the guards...

Once inside I'd rather have Deeum and Nale with me... Least those two seem to be able to fight. Well Nale at least...

Rudolf... hell.. he can do whatever.. come with me or help Navin either way, I ain't got a clue what the cowardly wimp does...

The Horse can probably stay out of the base and cover Deeum so she doesn't get the @#%$ blown out of her.

And so he addressed the team, going over the rather simple plan indeed. Navin was to cut te wire, with Rudolfs help if nessusary (or if he wanted as Danenever went into what he wanetd Rudolf to do expect not run away).

Once done, him, Deeum and Nale would launch the primary assult on the guards, with Anjelai covering ranged attacks.

Backup for a secondary assult was everyone who wasn't in the primary, Navin and Rudolf.

Shasti relised that Dane hadn't even considered her at all and made a mental note to help Anjelai then run with the second assult.

( OOC : Now you relise why a) having Dane in lead wasn't a good idea.. and b) why its not a good idea to EVER have me in charge of a group.. My plans suck >>... Generally, in games like Command and conquer, I'm into the Click All Soldiers - point to destination - Watch slaughter - tactics... I didn't get very far... )

KraKeN

Re: Right.... *to tired to actually do Dane speech so... *

Unread postby KraKeN » Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:42 pm

Nale tilted his head in Dane's direction as a slight acknowledgement of orders.

Red Seph

Re: Right.... *to tired to actually do Dane speech so... *

Unread postby Red Seph » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:58 pm

Rudolf stared at Dane, narrowing his eyes slightly as he went through his plan. No specific orders, but to help Navin if necessary... was Dane trying to keep him out of the action for some reason? Once again he had to question Instructor Stahl's decision in putting Dane in charge; fighting and commanding were two completely different concepts, and Dane only had enough room in his head for the former. Unfortunately, he knew that following orders was integral to passing the exam.

"If you say so, Dane," Rudolf sneered, then followed with an exaggerated salute.

Banjooie

Blah

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:36 pm

Navin was slightly confused.
"Can do, Dane. Rudolf, I guess you'll just have to be cover in case I get caught, which probably shouldn't happen. Other than that, follow behind and don't be as bloody loud as Dane is, and we should work this alright."

And I get to do all the work. Again. YAY!

Navin walked off in a circling path towards his position, beckoning Rudolf to follow.

Jak Snide

Sneaky sneaky.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:53 pm

Normally, anyone aproaching the base would have been easily spotted and shot dead. Navin, however, had the powers of his GF on his side, hiding him from the mind's eye, those who happened to look his way not even seeing him pass.

Soon he was at the fence. A good 8 feet high, he'd need something to cut through the wire, and his trident wasn't going to cut it. A blade, on the other hand...

(OOC: Seph, have Rudolf try and sneak up if you want to, and I'll roll for the sneaking result. 'Jooie, unless Navin keeps a knife or something else on his person, he'll need a cutting tool or bladed weapon to slice the fence open.)

Faye Alkaline

OOC post x.x

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:51 pm

((your call Jaky, though I don't want to sidetrack you from the plot. I can survive either way =p))

Red Seph

OOC, 123, you and me.

Unread postby Red Seph » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:49 pm

Rudolf watched Navin curiously, keeping an eye out for any potential threats. A scowl spread across his face as Navin seemed to wait at the fence. Could he possibly be blocked? His grip on his sword tightened anxiously. A few more moments, then he would head down himself to see what was wrong.

Deeum

Re: OOC, 123, you and me.

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:32 pm

Deeum clutched her first and followed up to Dane and was ready to run in once the wires were cut.
The time any come for her to use her GF, so Deeum had it in a place she can call upon it at a moments notice.

"once the wires are cut, do we just runn in and kick ass?' she commented jokingly.

Choark

I'll OOC all ya asses!

Unread postby Choark » Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:32 pm

Dane smirked and tightened his fist. His eyes flared with antisipation.

"Thats right. We go in, we kick there ass then we leave. That simple. Hope ya ready to get ya fists bloody"

The sound of his voice was low but it was easy to tell he was ready for this and he meant every word.

Banjooie

And then Navin showed off again.

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:10 pm

Navin, of course, didn't want to run straight in. As he made his way to a rather....off the main path bit of the wire, he noticed that naturally, he'd need something to cut it. Or...would he?
Let's see, looking at the width....
He stuck two prongs around a bit of wire, and started to twist, hoping to try to snap it that way. While Rudolf's weapon would have been much better suited, Navin saw another opportunity to show off the many, many uses of the trident.
I'll show them I'm no weakling...
(Alright. Now, if you roll and this one works, roll for the rest of the wires, I suppose. If not, Navin'll probably call Rudolf, and be rather annoyed over the matter. <.<;; And thusly, Navin is proven to be really no better than Dane, in a way...)

KraKeN

Re: And then Navin showed off again.

Unread postby KraKeN » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:00 pm

Nale moved over to Dane's other flank crouching low with one hand on the ground to steady himself.

Jak Snide

*rolls low*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:37 pm

Navin quickly found that the wire he was dealing with wasn't quite as fragile as he expected. He managed to twist them a little, but was a long way off from opening a human sized hole in the fence.

(OOC: And now, acting on 'Jooie's OOC...)

Rather annoyed, he signalled Rudolf to come over to the fence, knowing that he could cut it open with his sword.

Red Seph

Re: *rolls low*

Unread postby Red Seph » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:05 pm

Rudolf watched Navin's struggles with impatience, waiting for the signal he knew would come. At the sight of Navin's motioning he cautiously started toward the fence.

Knew that wuss couldn't handle it on his own.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:01 pm

Deeum crouched down to the ground alitte more, awaiting for their way in.
her gaze shifts from left to right just incase anyone has spotted them.

(filler, don't mind me)

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:09 pm

Ash and the tattered and injured remains of his squad trudged forward still towards their destination.

"Don't worry... I have a feeling we'll be there soon." he said as he walked on.

(would like to have this group reach their destination soon Jak please... if ya don't mind.)

Jak Snide

When things go right down the flusher...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:30 pm

Ducking low, Rudolf snuck towards Navin, escaping the notice of the guards. Moments later he stood by the fence, Navin's mysterious GF spreading it's "cloak" over him, concealing him from the casual glance.

---

Ash and the remenants of his squad pressed onwards. They were almost there now, and Ash's senses tingled as he strode up the hill. Something was wrong. And the sight that greeted him confirmed these suspicions.

The field before him was covered with a score of corpses, most of them wearing SeeD and Garden student uniforms. Theta and Lambda squads were dead.

As for the other corpses, they were outnumbered almost 3 to 1, all clad in black, faces covered by balaclavas.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: When things go right down the flusher...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:47 am

Ash's eyes went wide with terror. His students seemed to share the same thoughts towards the sight.

"What the hell has Stahl dragged us into?" he asked in a gasping voice. This sure as hell wasn't the usual training field test.

"What shall we do Instructor Fanrico?" asked one of the students.

Ash was breathing deeply. Most of these students... he had taught... he had seen most of them enter the Garden one the first day. He then straightened up. "Stick together... we have to see if there are any survivors of this. Keep your guard up, we can't have any more casualties now." he ordered as he unsheathed his Blade.

IM: What does Stahl possibly know that I don't? Did he intentionally lead us all into this bloodbath?

They as a group walked towards the field.

Jak Snide

Post Mortem

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:09 pm

Ash took Delta squad down into the field, an eerie silence hanging over the battlefield. Staying close, they began to check the corpses of the fallen. All dead, some in positions that suggested that they'd been finished off after they'd been injured.

However, somewhat to Ash's relief, he discovered that not all of the two squads were present among the dead. He counted 4 or so missing, and hopefully alive.

One of the students, looking up from examing a black clad corpse, turned to instructor Fanrico.

"Who are these guys, sir?"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Post Mortem

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:33 pm

Ash turned around, "I have no real clue. But... *scowling* I bet I know someone who does...." he said as he checked back towards the fallen Garden students.

His adrenaline rushed as his rage grew. Stahl would definately have alot to answer for after this.

IM: What is the reasoning behind all of this? More than that... I wonder what the other squads are about to run into.

"Well, *remembering there are few missing from this long span of corpses* we might as well continue and try to find those who survived this. Maybe, if they are still alive hopefully, we can find what is wrong here." he said to the other members of his squad.

He took one last look at the dead bodies. This was becoming a massacre. He was pissed, at those who killed these people, and those who shot down his transport, killing more. But most of all.... he was pissed at Stahl. He looked forward to what his colleague would try to use to explain and excuse this many dead.

IM: This is unexcuseable...

Red Seph

Re: Post Mortem

Unread postby Red Seph » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:06 am

Rudolf caught his breath as he touched against the fence, taking a moment to locate Navin again and listen for the enemy. Hearing no sign that his approach had been detected, he inspected the small hole Navin had made in the fence, a half-smile appearing on his face.

"Too bad that oversized fork of yours isn't good for much," he commented as he set to work cutting a hole with his sword.

Jak Snide

Third time's the trick.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:53 am

Rudolf hacked at the fence orce, barely denting it out of shape. A repeat of this yielded the same result. Finally, putting his weight behind the blade, he cut down across the fence hard, ripping a large gash in it, which he easily pulled open, allowing acess to the base.

Choark

And CHARGE!

Unread postby Choark » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:17 am

As soon as Dane saw the fence had been cut and opened, he was away and already heading into the base, he didn't wait for the others, ready or not.

Pausing long enough to thumbs up Rudolf for his job, Dane headed in. Quite the surprising act really but it was prbably due to his burning desire to fight suddenly being answered.

Giving no quater, he headed to where he saw the last guard headed. His intentions was simple. He would take out all of the guards (or him and his eam at least). Hit them hard and hit them fast.

OOC : So it starts O_o;; Basically this is a charge in, get the guards unawares and snap there necks or beat em to a pulp. Wish us luck. We'll need it

SALSAlys

And COVER!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:31 am

Anjelai had her rifle on her shoulder, muzzle pointed downrange to cover the assault team.

Deeum

Re: And COVER!

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:18 pm

Her feet dug into the ground, and as soon as Dane sprinted off, Deeum wasn't too far behind.
She slipped through the gaping hole keeping herself aware of whats around her.
'This shouldn't take too long.'

Jak Snide

Eight more of those and you get a new stealth kill!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:22 pm

Dane snuck up behind the guard, totally unaware of the presence of the martial artist closing in on him. Once within range, Dane lashed out with his right arm, hooking the man around the kneck and yanking him towards him. The rebel barely had time to cry out in shock before Dane wrenched his head to the side with his other arm, the man's kneck snapping with a crack, his body falling limp in his arms.

Deeum moved up towards Dane Dane as she watched him lay the body down beside a building, out of sight of the other guards, a clean and silent kill.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 9/23/02 8:36:37 pm

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Eight more of those and you get a knew stealth kill!

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:26 pm

Ash surveyed the area again as they walked on. Something began clicking in his mind. He raised a hand and his squad stopped. "Let's choose a different path." he said.

One of the students spoke up, "What about Stahl's orders sir?" he asked. Ash turned to him and replied, "@#%$ Stahl and @#%$ his orders too. *points to the dead student bodies* Look at them, they were following his orders. Look what happened to them. I should have realized this sooner, I think we're heading right into the arms of whoever killed these students. The rules have changed, this was not supposed to happen. This was supposed to be a usual run-in and eliminate the threat and leave. Simple as that, almost the same thing we've done year after year. But now... something's changed. We've been lied to about this entire mission." said Ash as they stood out among the fields.

"I have reason to believe that if we continue on our present course, that those who killed these people will undoubtedly do the same to us. *scans back at the dead bodies* There seem to be some missing from the squad. We should now concentrate on looking for them. That's the only way we'll get any clear information. I'm not too fond of running into ambush situations." he said as he grinned.

"Now you all have a choice here, go on and possibly run into whatever the hell just slaughtered these people *points one last time to the dead corpses* or come with me. It's as simple as that. Die or come with me if you want to live through this." he said as he stood in front of his squad.

Jak Snide

o.o Fcuk. That was moving.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:43 pm

Ash's speach had a visible effect on his few remaining men. His words spoke to them on another level, banishing their fears and instilling a sense of hope and purpose into them.

"He's right! To hell with Stahl's orders!"

"Hell yeah!"

"We're with you instructor."

Ash had won over the complete trust and loyalty of the three students with him, now willing to fight for their own survival, as well as that of their fellow SeeDs.

Banjooie

Hmhmhm!

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm

Navin was, of course, surprised by Dane's ability to sneak up on people. Of course, this meant war. Navin now wanted to bring his own count up a bit, and searched perhaps a bit too fervishly for a rebel soldier for his own good.

KraKeN

,khg

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:01 pm

Nale had run a little after Deeum and soon joined her and Dane.

Jak Snide

Critikill!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:20 pm

Navin slipped along the wall of a building, sighting a guard at his post, eyes forward, looking out past the fence. The helmet acted as a blinder, which proved to be exceptionally useful to the student, as he edged along the wall.

Raising his trident to head height, Navin thrust it forward, the middle point striking the man in the neck, finding the soft, flexible region of the armor. He let out a pathetic yelp as the point thrust out the other side of his neck, writhing in pain and terror before falling dead, blood trickling down each of his sides.

Deeum

Re: Critikill!

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:43 pm

Deeum stalked the area for any remaining soldiers. that could NOt have been all there was.
'Where do we go from now? the troops seems to be thinning out, or purposly dodging us for some reason!' She shouted to Dane who was already across the room from her.

Choark

Again more Dane stuff the Shasti

Unread postby Choark » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:40 pm

Navins kill hadn't completely gone unnoticed by Dane but he gave no sign of acknowledging Navins talents yet. The fact that he was in here meant he was going against his orders, he had meant to wait behind while Dane had some fun inside.

The surprise call from Deeum raised a smile to his lips though.

"Keep shouting out like this, and we'll be flooded with them." He said, standing bold. Stealth kills was the smart way to go, but the thrill of fighting was slowly over running everything in Dane again.

"Hey." He started, sudenly a strange shadow going over his face which only let his long evil grin been seen. "Why don't you and me stand here and lure them out huh?" With this he slowly started walking towards her. "We just scream targets out here don't we?"

"Come on Girl! Ya want to fight them all right? Just scream out." He was so close to her now, grinning like a mad man.

He was either trying to make some point about shouting out in the middle of battle or the boy had obiously got a few screws loose.

Shasti didn't run off with Navin. The team could stlill be taken by surprise at any moment and so she waited, looking out for any signs of trouble.

Red Seph

Re: Again more Dane stuff the Shasti

Unread postby Red Seph » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:37 pm

Rudolf approached Dane and Deeum and placed his hand on Dane's shoulder, ready to hold him back from Deeum if he went ballistic. He balked at the idea of a SeeD squadron coming to blows in the middle of a mission.

"Maybe if you both calm down we can get through this and tell Stahl what a @#%$ great job we did, eh?" he growled out. Their job was far from over now, and for the team to lose focus would buy them all one-way trips back to Garden in caskets.

Deeum

Re: Again more Dane stuff the Shasti

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:49 pm

Deeum sneered and looks away.' Come on, we have to do something besides stand here alday and boast about strength.' she commented walked outwards again, trying to listen out for any incoming soilders. She couldn't blame Dane .. She hasn't been in a real batter in a very long time, and the thirst to kick more ass just seemed to great.

Jak Snide

Loud lot, you are.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:46 pm

"Mhengs? You there, boy?"

A lone man strolled around the corner, peering around for the missing soldier. He found him soon enough, with Deeum, Dane and Rudolf talking over him.

"SeeDs!" he cried, drawing the trio's attention to him. It was now that they noticed that he didn't appear to be any normal soldier. While he wore the same green torso-piece that the other rebels did, but he wore no helmet, revealing the face of an man in his fourties, features worn but expressing strength. Not only that, but his bald head was covered with runic tattoos, seeming extremely odd for a member of a mere rebel faction.

He raised a radio to his lips, not showing any signs of fear at all.

"Put the base on alert, we've got intruders." he uttered slowly, dropping the radio to the ground after he finished speaking.

"Now then, let's see what you SeeDs are really made of..."

No attack came. Instead, the man closed his eyes, concentrating for a split second. Then the earth in front of him erupted upwards, fire spewing upwards. And out of the hole climbed what could be best described as a demon, red skin, horned head, and a wicked looking sword in it's right hand. A Guardian Force.

"Delay them, Valmus." the man spoke, turning around and walking away, the sirens in the base suddenly bursting to life, emitting a low pitched whine.

Valmus stood tall, waiting for someone to make the first move.

(OOC: Someone take an action, then I'll roll for initiative.)

Deeum

Re: Loud lot, you are.

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:20 pm

Her eye just snapped open, and beame gluded to the summoned mosnters. words could not descibe what she just saw.. other then 'HOLY @#%$!'
Deeum stepped back just abit stil trying to get use to the enoumous thing.
'Damnit all, out bitckering just got us into trouble!' she screamed in a rather demeaning tone upon puling out her Thunderbird GF.

'Come on.. this should help knock it down enough...'

(you know what it is. i just can't spell it to save my life.)

Jak Snide

Changing the FF8 way of summoning a bit...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:55 pm

The sky darkened, clouds gathering above the depot. Then, with a crack of thunder, a bolt of lighting hit the ground in front of Deeum, creating a blinding flash of light. When it dimmed, her Guardian Force floated before her, Quezacotl, the lightning bird.

Before Valmus had time to react to the presence of his new rival, a bolt of lightning struck him clean in the chest, staggering the demon-esq GF, electricity crackling and grounding itself all around him. Quezacotl floated backwards, preparing to defend itself.

(Order of Initiative:

-Dane
-Rudolf
-Valmus
-Quezacotl/Deeum.

If you enter the combat, I'll roll for your initiative. DM, keeping Quezacotl summoned requires concentration. If Deeum takes a combat action, or is hit hard enough, your GF will unsummon. Now, it's Dane's turn.)

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 9/25/02 3:20:52 pm

KraKeN

Re: Changing the FF8 way of summoning a bit...

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:04 pm

Nale who had been leaning against a wall ever since the y had "infiltated" the base had felt a little left out of the preceedings so far. Seeing that he may well be need he picked up a large iron spike (about 6ft long) that was liing near him, it was no glaive but it would do. Nagi flew up high onto the roof of one of the nearby buildings to keep a look out for the reinforcements she had no doubt would be arriving. Meanwhile Nale using all his stealth tried to sneak rond the back of their bald tatooed assailant.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs