Back to the Wonderland (Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Back to the Wonderland (Freestyle RP)

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:14 am

Few can fail to remember the story of Alice, the young girl trapped in the land of Wonder. Not a few smiles can be seen as people are reminded of the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter and Tweedledum and Tweedledee. However, none to many know what really happened, and how time can change the truth. Few know the real danger of Wonderland. But they will know...

((OOC: This is a Freestyle RP taking place in Wonderland. I expect players to have at least basic knowledge of it (Even the Disney version will do) and the basic ability to RP weirdness, horror and freight. This is much like American McGee's Alice, as the Wonderland is a fantastic place, but more dangerous than one might think. Don't think twice about using nursery rhymes, evil poems and other things. Carroll didn't write it too be relaxing. It's confusing, odd and especially tricky. The game characters will be children from maybe 6 too mid teens. None of you will know much about wonderland. You're from any time, place and dimension, so cat-girls and stuff will be ok, maybe. I will need good descriptions and readable posts. Good grammar is highly appreciated. I'm planning to modify the RP into a fic if it's successful))

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

A small example of a nursery rhyme

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:22 am

This one's quite nasty...

Baby, baby, naughty baby,

Hush, you squalling thing, I say.

Peace this moment, peace, or maybe

Bonaparte will pass this way.

Baby, baby, he’s a giant,

Tall and black as Rouen steeple,

And he breakfasts, dines, rely on’t,

Every day on naughty people.

Baby, baby, if he hears you,

As he gallops past the house,

Limb from limb at once he’ll tear you,

Just as @#%$ tears a mouse.

And he’ll beat you, beat you,beat you,

And he’ll beat you all to pap,

And he’ll eat you, eat you, eat you,

Every morsel snap,snap,snap.

You can find nearly 500 rhymes at www.collingsm.freeserve.co.uk/

It's VERY good...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: A small example of a nursery rhyme

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:04 pm

Hey, CC, do you mean that we're going to play our RPGWW characters, except we'll be kids? That sounds like a cool idea.

I'm not sure what you mean. But this RP sounds REALLY interesting.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:57 pm

woah...
i've only seen the disney vesion...and never played American McGee's Alice(it was a game, wasnt it?)....and dont think that i can make rimes.....but i just can resist the idea to be a 6 years old kid......i'll try to be in this....but i think i'll need help from everyone...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uikozaedro.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ikozaedro</A] at: 8/17/02 8:13:58 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:51 pm

Right, it's something like this... We're basically playing new characters, but of course anyone can come to wonderland. The Disney version is good for basic knowledge, and makes it so much scarier when new things pop up. You don't have to be 6 years to play, as I said, from around six or something to mid-teens. Older characters seldom have what it takes to come to Wonderland (only a child's imagination, a mentally instable mind or some really HARD drugs can do it). Your char doesn't have to be mentally instable or use drugs, but he/she has to be a child. Remember, any race goes, as it is expected to be able to defend oneself. But no katana swinging toddlers, thank you. Keep some common sense in this dark, twisted and evil world...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:36 pm

I really think Molokidan could pull it off. Sure, he is 14, but he has the brain of a 6-year old, and alot of innocence. Of course, there'd be no weapons, and he'd be as scared as any kid, if not worse!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:07 pm

I didn't know the childish name for cat was a swearword...Image

ANYWAY!! :P

right, he could probably do it. I mean, it's not going to be like American McGee's, where Alice is a literal butcher slicing and dicing through her enemies, but I don't want everyone just to run. But remember, nothing is what it looks like, and danger is around every corner... *lurk lurk*

MAGICAL FLOWER PRETTY VIOLET BEAM!!!!!!!!

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:10 pm

Alright! I'll stand by at your disposal, CC!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:25 pm

Right, that makes me, you and maybe Glu_Glu... I'll just write a short example on how a char might end up in Wonderland. This is a made up character...

Timmy knew what he was seeing, but no one believed him. It wasn't his fault that some fat old lady had been pouring peppar in everyone's food, and when he told them about how she had called everyone "pig" they had locked him in his room. Timmy liked his room, normally, but when it was dark, and he wasn't allowed to keep a candle lit he was starting to feel quite scared. Now he was seeing things, from time to time strange things moved across his room, and two big eyes looked at him. Suddenly there was a large smile under the eyes and a cat came out of the shadows.

"W-Who are you!?" Timmy yelled, scared to death.

"Oh, no one, no one at all. You can call me kitty or mittens or whatever you prefer." The cat was speaking quite fast, and it had a dialect Timmy found hard to understand.

"D-Do you know that old lady who was..." Timmy began.

"Pouring peppar in their food yes I do. Quite a nasty woman if you ask me but I don't see any reason to fear after all you are still in the waking world." Timmy found it harder and harder to keep on with the fast talking cat. "If you wish I can bring you to her and make her promise she will excuse herself. Formally of course but who would believe poor little Timmy anyway." The last word was a statement, and not a question.

"But they will. If that lady just come and say she is sorry they will forgive me." Timmy was sure of that.

"If you insist but I must warn you that she lives in Wonderland, and that is a land you wish not see."

"I-I've heard of it! My mom's been telling me about it! She says it's a fantastic place with flowers, and insects and people!"

"Then surely she must mean another Wonderland for I cannot, and will not, believe those words. But if you wish to travel there, come with me and we will go." With that the cat slunk back into the shades, only his big grin... a cheshire grin, was still there. And Timmy, now filled with wonder, amazement and courage stepped into the shadows, and thus came to Wonderland...

This is not to say your character gets an apparition, mine did. Basically, a person can come too Wonderland in any way possibly and imaginable. Oh, and Behind the looking glass will count as Wonderland too...

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:50 pm

(Can I play? Can I be a white rabbit girly? I promis to play it well. Don't worry though Shes weird by won't kill anyone. Maybe shes crazy because she is to normal for wonderland. . .but not normal enuff for the real world. ha ha ha. Love the way your mind works Christina C. I loved this book as a kid.)

She ran swiftly threw the tall grass laughing and tossing a small ball against the wall of the long corridor. It boomed loudly, something that caused her satisfaction. Loud noises, such magnificent things. She sat down and tugged at her ears.

"Wooo," she said jumping into the air and landing infront of a large door, well to her it was large. She smiled and narrowed her eyes as it opened slowly. "Somebody coming, coming to play. Coming to play with me. Won't run away, till I find out who. Won't run away till I find out who."

She jumped to her feet and crouched as a figure came threw the door. She laughed maniacally as she leapt onto the small figure and knocked him to the ground.

"Tag you are it!" She screamed and jumped off of him and laughed a few feet away. "Ha ha," she laughed. "Little boy where'd you come from," she sang. "I don't care, come catch me." She said and jumped into the air.

"Catch Casey!"

The boy looked at her oddly and stood up.

"Who'd you be, is not me!" She said and tilted her head. She smiled and jumped around again. "Come now lets play!" She hurled the small ball at the boy and laughed when he caught it. She turned and ran off as the boy stood their.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:53 pm

(ok...i'll use the little boy i was Rping in the (now dead) Sharku'u Rp, remember, he is crazy)

Alone in his room a little boy was playing, everyone knew he was wierd, very wierd, but it seems that he didnt care...
it was a dark night...
"come here little boy..." a voice said..
"i cant, im a little busy right now"-said the boy
"oh come on it will be very funny"-said the voice
"i cant, we didnt even know each others"-said the boy
"well, tellm me your name, that way i'll know"-said the voice
"hum...my name is Joseph Hirk ...but you can call me "Idiot" everybody calls me that, but i dont know why"-said the boy
"ok Idiot, you're coming here or not?-said the voice
"ok, ok, i'll come with you!"-said the boy

(i know that it is poorly written,but what can i do?....tell me if it is right..or something,meow!)

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:58 pm

Casey jumped down the long coridor laughing and nocking over anything she could find. It was funny because the boy was to slow to catch her.

"Oh this game is fun, it will never be done!" She laughed and hoped on.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:28 am

((OOC: Yay, lots of players. I think I'll stick with Timmy (who by the way is not a retard screaming: Timmmaaa, Timmaaaa! All the time) Oh, and Bunnygirle, the boy you mentioned, was it Timmy?))

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Molo through the. . .yeah

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:55 pm

(OOC: Alright! Here we go.)

"Aw, come on, Kotoki, I don't wanna!" Molo said, struggling against Kotoki's arms.

"Don't be a baby, Molo! I just need you to go down there to get the tools in that bin down there! It'll take two seconds!"

"But it's dark down there. . .and squishy."

". . .you don't want me to call Jak, do you?!"

"Okay okay okay. . ." Molo said, reluctantly, stepping slowly down the rotted, creaky wooden steps to the basement. He quickly came to the bottom, stepping on the cold dark floor in his bare feet. "Great, I can't see a thing!" he said, blindly smacking himself into a support beam. "Aw man. . .this is scary. I need some light." He pulled his chopsticks out of his pocket, quickly transforming them into the Chopstick Katanas, giving off a soft glowing aura.

"Okay. . .the bin should be over there. . ." he said, slowly walking over to the corner. Suddenly, he heard a voice.

"Hello, boy!"

"HUH!?" Molo looked around quickly. "Who. . .who are you?!"

"I'm a friend. . .of a friend." the sly voice said.

"Err. . .what are you doing in the basement?"

"Don't worry. What you want is right over here."

". . .really?"

"Of course."

"Oh. .. " Molo scratched his head, feeling a tiny bit of doubt, but then shrugged, walking over with the katanas out in front of him like torches. Suddenly, his feet went out from under them. He shouted softly in surprise, and the chopstick katanas flew out of his hands and skittered over to the other side of the floor. He tried to grab on to something, but realized that there was no floor under him!

"Uwaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" he shouted, as he slipped into the void. . .

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/20/02 5:01:04 pm

bunnygirle78

Casey tackels yet again

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:31 pm

( Yeah it was Timmy that she tackled. I thought that he had entered wonder land. I thought it would be a good way for them to run into each other. )

Casey turned and bounded back down the hall way.

"There you are!" She screamed and again tackled the boy. "Looks like you tagged me. . .I am IT!" She screamed his face and laughed. The boy stared up at her with a look of confusion.

She frowned and sat down on him and sighed.

"No fun," she said. "First human I see and he's boring. Casey is so board of being locked in hear." She said and smiled at the boy with narrowed eyes.

"Who are you?" She asked. "And do you know the way out? The way back to wonderland?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Casey tackels yet again

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:35 pm

"Ehh... Right." Timmy said, looking bewildered. "I-I mean... I don't know the way out. I came here following a cat and I'm looking for a old lady, you wouldn't know her by chance?" Timmy looked at the girl. He wasn't sure where he was, but she was definantly not from his world, and she was pretty scary.

bunnygirle78

cawazy wabbit

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:49 pm

Caseys long ears went strait up. She appeared to be thinking, and soon did a hand stand. The white rabbit girl smiled at the boy and laughed.

"You followed a cat?" She said laughing. "Tell me. . .was he smiling. . was he swimming. . .was he purring?"

She sang and fell forward. She laughed and stared at Timmy.

She suddenly looked scared and covered her ears with her paws.

"Oh. .an old lady?" She asked. "Was she . . .was she holding a pepper shaker?"

The boy nodded.

"And was she scary. . oh very scary."

He nodded again.

Casey leaned towards him and:

"HAVEN'T SEE EITHER OF THEM!" She screamed and jumped back a few feet.

"But you can't trust cats." She said taking on a more serious tone. "You should have been smarter than that."

She stood up and cleared her throughout.

"Since I can see that you aren't the normal kind of person. How do I know that. .well you aren't chasing me around and trying to cut off my head."

She grabbed his hand and laughed.

"You don't know the way out?" She sang. . . again acting crazy. "And neither do I. ."

"By the way." She said jumping back again. "Folow me to more like you. . wooo wooo." She sang. "Lost souls taken by cats in the dark. I am a frind." She said serous.

"Casey, not crazy enuff for Wonderland. . .but to insane for the real world!" She sang and jumped around the boy.

"Just because. . ." She said coldly.

ikozaedro

Re: cawazy wabbit

Unread postby ikozaedro » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:59 pm

hey! where are you?...you tricked me into coming to the "dark area"....what ever....oh there is another boy....helloooooo!!-said Joseph trying to get some attention from timmy- where you the one that told me to come here? speak!

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:08 pm

Casey looked up and screamed with laugher and tackeled the small boy that had just walked up to them.

"YOUR IT!" She screamed. "Wait? You were called hear? Wasn't me. . ." she said leaning towards his face. "It was the . . .cat." She got off of him and helped him up.

"My my. . .looks like we are stuck all hear together." She sang and did another backflip.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:43 pm

"it"?...no, my name is joseph,not "it",but everyone call me "idiot"....
you said we're stuck here?....cat?...i didnt see any cat...
you have funny ears!

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:53 pm

Casey smiled and stood on her hands.

"I like your name. . .one and the other." She sang. "Idiot? But so many go by that name hear. . .and thank you for the comment on my ears."

"Oh I Shall call you Joseph. . .because I like it best. Hay do you know Timmy, hes got a rabbit on his chest." Casey shouted and jumped onto Timmy again. She laughed and jumped off of him.

"Stuck hear no, not always. Oh yes we are aren't we. Well maybe a door or a windows around. . ." Casey said with narrowed eyes. "But watch out for the cats, , , ,they love to hunt this hour."

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:02 pm

i thought cats were cute and nice and funny and fluffy...why would a cat come here hunting?

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:21 pm

Casey stared at him with confusion.

"You know?" She said. "I never asked them." She said. "But you can. . .theres one."

She pointed at a very very large tabby cat that was lumbering towards them. His teeth bared and a large smile on its face.

"oooo, crazy crazy. . .kitty." It said as foam fell from its mouth.

Casey grabbed the two boys and took off running.

"I think we better leave." She said in a serous tone.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:59 pm

*running*
i wanted to touch the fluffy kitty....
but running is fun too

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:02 am

"You did?" Casey said and stoped running she set the boys down and lauged as the cat came closer its claws drawn.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:16 am

wai! now i get to touch the kitty!
*joseph came closer to the cat...and it gave joseph's arm a big bite!*
aouch! why the arm?, everybody bites my arm!
*then just as joseph noticed the blood on his arm he caught fire,no, he was on fire, magical fire*
Huh? weeee! im on fire again! wee wee wee!
*then joseph just touched the cat...and it caught fire*

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:19 am

Casey stared wide eyed at Josh and then looked at Timmy.

"I think hes going to fit in just fine."

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:10 am

oh..the kitty is on fire.....well...there will be another kitty, right?

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:29 am

(OOC: Geez, you guys are posting wombats. Er, I'm not really sure if I should post next or wait for CC's order.)

tiny harddrive

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:52 am

(OOC: Any chance that I could join? If so, I'll introduce my char later, at a more appropriate time and situation.)

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Roight... uhhh

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:58 am

((OOC: Okay, I seriously didn't expect this amount of posts, but WTF. Anyways, There won't be much of a plot in the beginning, as the characters are mostly getting to know eachother (and in Josh's case, burning himself up and stuff, let's try to keep a LITTLE bit of sanity left, k? :P ). Timmy is undergoing a character change and will become around 13 or so, since little Timmy is hard to play. Sorry for the trouble. Oh, there's no real orders for the moment, except have fun and try not to get killed. Oh, and Tiny_Harddrive, you're VERY WELCOME TO JOIN!!!))

Timmy looked at Josh for a moment (who was burning by the way), shook his head and turn to the Rabbit girl.

"Right, so, uhh... Do you know where this old lady lives?" While waiting for a reply he looked back on Josh, who had now set the cat on fire and seemed to be giggling insanely for himself. "And... maybe we should, you know, take care of that guy before he hurts himself. Not that I don't think he already has."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Roight... uhhh

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:21 pm

"Uwaaaa!" Suddenly, a voice from the sky interrupted Timmy's thinking. He looked up, confused, only to see a kid with spiky blue hair and a green jacket plummetting down towards him!

(OOC: Most lame, but I don't know how else to execute it)

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:48 pm

(OCC: joseph magical ability is that fire, he is not on fire,he is surrounde by fire....hmmm,like the human torch, but i'll try to be alittle less insane)

me?, dont worry...the fire will be gone in minutes...or hours...
oh look another one!

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:55 pm

Casey stepped forward and held out her arms as yet another boy fell into her outstretched arms. She smiled at him and then dropped him.

"Gee," She said siting down and crossing her arms. "There are allot of you. . .and more to come. Well only one thing to do." She said jumping up.

"Casey will help you!" She shouted. "And since Casey is the only one who is to normal for Wonderland . .and to crazy for your world. . .I am the perfect choice."

She laughed and did another handstand.

"Oh we are hear together. . .and time to go go go. The old pepper lady is out of hear you know. The way out is something I don't know. . or do I" She sang. "Ask me the way. . .I might just say." She sang.

"Oh and yes I do know where she lives." Casey said her crazy atidute disapearing. She Crossed her arms infront of her and smiled at Timmy.

"But if you want my help Timmy." She said her eyes narowing. "You must help me escape from hear."

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:20 pm

wait who is this pepper lady youre talking about?,and why would we want to get out of here?, i mean, there is fluffy cute (and now burning) kitties!

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:23 pm

"Are you sure your not from wonderland?" Casey asked pinching his cheeks.

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:44 pm

well...that guy, the one that just came(points to molo), i have seen him before, so that must mean im not from wonderland...i think

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:11 am

Timmy turned to Joseph.
"She poured peppar in all my relaives' food and called them pigs, I got locked in my room because no one else saw him. She's got a gigantic... peppar shaker. I don't think it's necessary for you two to follow, I mean. I just want her to come with me and say she's sorry." Timmy turned back to Casey. "Right, so you know where she lives... Could you show me the way? If it's not much too trouble for you, of course." He waited, expecting some kind of burst of insanity again. It was strange really how quick one got used to that. Especially since you'd talked to cats, got hunted by them and met the weirdest... bunny girl you've ever seen (not that he'd seen many before, mind you). He then remembered a verse, something about a white rabbit. He thought it'd be mostly appropriate here and started reciting whatever words he could remember.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought--
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One two! One two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

That wasn't really what he'd expected. Actually, he'd never heard it before...

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:53 pm

"Of course I can." Casey said. "Oh and by the way." She said pointing up.

"Watch out." She steped back as a large mass of tenis balls fell from the hole in the cealing.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:58 pm

"WHOOAH!" Timmy said as he was covered in Tennis balls. What kind of a place was this, anyway? He crawled up and looked at Casey who was smiling at him. "Right, you said you were to normal for Wonderland, and that cat kept talking about it. And I keep remembering stuff, but forgetting it again. This is all to strange for me, what IS Wonderland?"

Next

Return to Other RPs