Welcome player, to Reyta...

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Dark Xia

Re: Yayness.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:14 pm

Ethra had followed Kite into the store and had just walked over to her. "Any luck?" Not noticing Verios

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 12/18/02 5:17:33 pm

Geocsuppi

Re: Indeed.

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:24 pm

"Thanks..."

Kite sat there and took another drink of his beer. "Well I've found him but now what. I guess I might as well try to keep track of him," Kite thought as he finished off his beer.

"I'll take another."

"Here you go."

Kite took the other beer and opened it.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:16 pm

Ethra poked Kite, "Hey, I thought we were suppsoed to stay together with umm.. that... guy. what's his name."

SALSAlys

*does the dance of subject changing*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:23 pm

"Don't know much about profit," the Wingra shrugged, "But this is... well, it's fun, and like you said..." Her teeth flashed in a quick grin. "Random experience. It's interesting. Definitely not something you do every day."

JoshuaDurron

Enter the mob

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:38 pm

Before Reht could say anything, a third voice cut in. "Indeed, ma'am," the deep, gravelly voice said, "few are allowed to enter so far into the Guild with so little reputation, and few are accompanied by so well known a person."
Reht laughed slightly at the statement, and waved his hand at a large, almost fat man who had entered the room. "Alyrra, meet Jourgamund. One of the men behind the Thieve's Guild. He's always trying to get me to sign up. And always failing miserably, I might add."
Jourgamund shook his head in amusement. "Perhaps. But one of these days, I'll manage to snare you, and make a great deal of money in the process."
As the Jourgamund led the other two into his office, Reht answered, "But that's why I'll never join. You know that I work only for my own profit."
Jourgamund sat down behind his desk. "Well then, why don't you tell me why you're here. Obviously, you're not looking for a job. It must be something truly unusual if the great loner Reht has started working with a partner. And a low level one at that." Jourgamund shot Alyrra a quick smile. "Don't worry, my dear, we don't mind. If Reht vouches for you, then we're willing to listen to what you have to say. Now," he turned back to look at Reht, "what is it you want from the Guild?"
Reht paused a moment, trying to formulate his request. It was also a caculated move to see how Alyrra would respond to Jourgamund's casual condecension.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

The trials of Men'drakk'ar

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:36 pm

Men'drakk'ar had given up on looking for Kite and Ethra.

He had been distracted for but a few seconds, answering the questions of a strange crimson robed priest. In that time they had both managed to disappear completely, leaving absolutely no trace that they had even been there to begin with.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Sorune's thoughts....

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:32 pm

~Gah. Bah and gah. I did not want to be involved in this. I did not want this to happen. I did not want this to even be conceived of. And now look. I've probably sent innocent people to their deaths, probably provoked Verios to kill more, and most likely had us all doomed. Why? So that I could save Verios from whatever mystical object he picked up? And where are the Watchers? This is their job, dammit! Why did I get involved?~

~....~

~I know why. Because I can't sit around doing nothing when lives are at stake. I can't sit around when I can do something, no matter how small. And I can't let people suffer, even one who causes suffering.~

Sorune shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

~And what of the power he gained? Who gave it to him? Why did they choose him? Because he was easily inclined to vengeance? Because Saori sealed away his friend to the realm of summoned monsters? If so....then I'll have to do something. I'm doing something right now.~

"Why me...." Sorune uttered softly.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:36 pm

"Yeah, sorry about that. I don't like wasting any time. Any way go get Men'drak'er. At least I think that's his name. In any case stay just outside of the guild entrence that way the door will be guarded. I'll stay here and keep an eye on you-know-who."

Kite took another drink and waited to see if she would agree to the plan.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:42 pm

"He's here?" She whispered, then cauight a glimse of Verios out of the corner of her eye. "S-sure, okay." Ethra walked outside the building and leaned against the wall just outside the doorway.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:19 pm

Verios fidgeted for a moment in his seat uncomfortably. He glanced around the inside of the guild from his table standing up slowly. He shouldered his spear slowly walking around a corner into a smaller room of the guild. He cracked his neck as he locked the door behind him.

"Saried, whats going on? Is the plan ready?"

Saried answered telepathically,"No, it will take some more time. Be careful though... I believe someone is spying on you..."

Verios grimaced at the comment and leaned against a wall in the small dark room. "I think I will stay in here for now. No one will be able to spy on me in here without me knowing it..."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:43 pm

Kite saw Verios enter the small room. Kite sat there and eyed the door everyonce in a while.

SALSAlys

Re: Enter the mob

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:58 pm

Arrogant, Alyrra thought mildly, not bothering to respond. She didn't have anything important to say anyway, but hoped she would figure something out....

If only to wipe that smirk off his face.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:50 am

Reht noted that Alyrra kept a calm silence, and moved his estimation of her up several more notches. Then he replied to Jourgamund's question. "To make a long story short: I've been hired to help take down a man. He proved to be more than my employer and myself put together could handle. He's hired on several more people, and we're trying to track him down again. We've come to you because the man, Verios, is a member of your guild."
Jourgamund nodded. "I've heard the name. He's a double class, and something of a rouge opperator and trouble maker. Much like yourself."
Reht shrugged. "Well then we'll just be taking him off your hands for a bit. I want you to bring the guild's resources to bear in tracking him, and, if possible, borrow a few talismans for this mission."
Jourgamund considered. "Reht, it's against policy for the guild to aid an outsider against a member. Organizations like ours were built to do just the opposite. Why change now? I owe you favors, yes, but not enough to justify something like this."
"So, you're saying you won't consider it at all?" Reht inquired.
"No, I didn't say that," Jourgamund held up a hand, "If you were a member of the guild as well, perhaps..."
Reht immidiately saw where this was going. "No."
"It's the only way you'll get what you want," Jourgamund noted."
Without saying anything else, Reht stood up and started walking towards the door.
"Reht!" At Jourgamund's call, Reht stopped and looked back, one eyebrow raised inquisitively. "Take this." Jourgamund tossed Reht a small brooch. "Off the record. It's all I can do for you. I'm sorry, old fellow, but this is buisness. You understand."
Reht nodded and continued on his way out, taking Alyrra with him. Once they arrived outside, Reht forcefully ripped his pipe from his mouth and threw it away. It shattered against the ground nearby. He looked carefully at the brooch he had been given, but it didn't seem to be more that a simple, anti-magic talisman. "Damn," he sighed, "what a waste."
He glanced back at Alyrra. "Well." Was all he said. Again, he waited to see how she would respond.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:12 am

Alyrra shrugged, wheels still turning in her head. "Well, at least we know he's going to have more than a few tricks up his sleeve, since he's a doubleclass. Or at least I learned it— not sure about how much you learned, since you probably knew more than I did to start with."

She didn't feel comfortable in the silence, though, so asked him a question. "Um... if it's not prying, why's he so determined to have you join the guild?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:59 am

Reht nodded at Alyrra's observations. He, too, had been unaware that Verios was a double class. At Alyrra's question, he became thoughtful for a moment.
"Jourgamund and I really aren't that different at the core. We work for our own profit. Jourgamund knows that he can make alot of money off of me. Says I'd make an excellent trainer, could do wonderful work for the guild, yadda yadda yadda." Here Reht smirked. "But I do enough dirty work as it is, and take no ore than absolutely necessary. I really don't like fighting or sneaking around, and I truely hate having to follow orders from a person who spends more time behind a desk than doing what I do." Reht shrugged. "Besides, if the Guild is taking a chunk of my profits, that's just less cash for me. What about you, will you join a guild when you get the levels?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:20 pm

After a bit Kite started to get anxious.

"Could he get out of there? What is he doing in there? How am I going to find, “Kite thought, he took another sip of the beer, "all of this out?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 12/20/02 11:23:35 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:49 pm

Men'drakk'ar was feeling slightly uncomfortable. He had gradually drawn a small crowd to himself, all of them asking for his advice on matters that any person should be able to answer for themselves...

I shouldn't be drawing this much attention to myself, he realised, but he felt it was his duty to help these people in any way that he could.

'Your flower shall bloom if properly nurtured, friend.'

The man walked off, satisfied, and the crowd nodded amongst themselves, not entirely undertanding Men'drakk'ar's meaning, but knowing that there was wisdom in his words.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:36 pm

Alyrra laughed softly, shrugging. "I have no idea yet. I just want to enjoy the game. A guild would probably have more responsabilities, but then again..." She shrugged again. "I'd probably meet more people."

She grinned. "Ask me again when I gain that many levels."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:42 pm

Reht laughed. "I'll do that." He glanced down at the jewel Jourgamund had given him. "Here." Reht tossed it to Alyrra. "That should help you out on the way. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it looks like a powerful anti-magic talisman."
Reht lifted his sword up and slung it's strap over his shoulder. "We should probably head over to the square to meet the others. Hopefully, they've had more luck than us."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:10 pm

Verios grimaced as he looked about the small room, tapping his foot here and there. He knew the guild like the back of his hand and unlike many of the lower level thieves here, he knew of a secret exit.

"Let's see... the trap door should be right around here somewhere... but where.... Hm."

He continued to tap his foot in every spot on the floor until he heard a hollow echo and he promptly grinned. He knelt down blowing the dust away from the hatch. He grunted and pulled the trap door up from the floor it creaking silently. He muttered a few words raising his staff into the air. A small hole in space opened above him as a small ball of fire floated out, then sprouting two big eyeballs. It looked down the hatch and floated down it verios climbing down behind him on the ladder. Closing the hatch gently above him and following his little fire friend.

"So we get to wander the sewers yet again Pyras. shall we just go then? We won't be followed, like usual."

The little fireball bobbed up and down happily and started to hover along to the north lighting the way for Verios.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=argusdevilmen>ArgusDevilmen</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/20/02 9:10:40 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:59 am

[OOC: sorry about that.]

Kite sat there, it had takken to long.

"Hm... no one stays in there this long," Kite thought.

He stood up went to the exit door and stepped out. He spotted Ethra.

"Ethra find Men'drak'ed, or what-ever, and tell him that Verios has discovered us. I'm gonna try and follow him. Hurry."

With that said Kite flew back in to the guild (not literaly). He went to the door of the room that Verios had been in. HGe tried to open it but alas it was locked. Kite pulled out knelt down and looked at the lock. He then tried to pick it.

[OOC:It'll be up to the gm wether I pick it or not.]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 12/21/02 12:41:25 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:02 am

( I thought I would just point out he locked the door behind him.... So I'd change your post. )

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:53 pm

(OOC: A fireball in the sewers?? Think of all the gas down there...)

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:25 pm

Kite had little difficulty picking the lock, Verios was careless in just using the average door lock instead of a magic one that would take longer to pick.

(( OOC: Its a magic fireball beast! o.o its not just a fireball that would blow up the sewers :P ))

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:18 pm

Ethra sighed and dashed off. Soon she was running down the sreet poking her head into every building she found and scanning around for Men'D-

WHATEVER HIS NAME IS!

It's not my fault he chose such a... just... bah...

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:40 pm

Alyrra examined the talisman curiously before tucking it into her pouch, following Reht.

Well, I have some measure of protection against malevolent magic, at least...

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:45 pm

Hearing the click he wanted, Kite opened the door. And as he thought Verios was gone.

"Okay he left somehow..." he muttered under his breath.

Kite closed and locked the door. He started to rap on the boards. He started with the ceiling and worked his way down.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:02 pm

As Kite tapped the ceiling nothing of interest was noticeable. However was he worked his way to the floor he eventually heard a hollow echo as a faint outline of a trap door could be seen a a small handle only half hidden under a rug.

Verios continued following his fire companion glad he had him as a guide...

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:05 pm

~Damn it Saori. Are you going to help? Or are you just going to let this Verios take over? Damn it. I need to stop thinking soon or I'm going nuts.~

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:22 pm

Kite quickly pulled back the rug and opened the door. He lowered himself into the sewers, and gently landed on touched the ground with one foot then the other. He looked up and closed the door. He looked around to find any sign of which way Verios had gone.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 12/22/02 6:24:28 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:38 pm

Saori had been talking to a group of watchers in the town of Grey Stone. Grey Stone was one of Verios's more common places to be. So she decided it was a reasonable place to look for clues to his problems. she had been asking around and had found out from the two watchers he disconnected and the blood they had seen from his arm. She sighed silently and began to ask around about him some more.

As Kite scanned the area for a sign of which way Verios had went, there were none. Begin as how the sewers were damp, dark, and had a stench about them it would be nearly impossible to see anything without a good source of light. A magic one would be the wisest choice. For monsters tend to inhabit the sewers, but they rarely attack those with magical flame. For it is their weakness...

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:44 pm

Thanks to an unsuspecting adventurer one night last week Kite had acquired a ball the size of a marble that contained a magical glow that resembled a flame. It shed about 3 feet worth of light.

Kite knowing where he was within the city chose the route that would take him deeper into the city.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:34 pm

As Reht reached the square he spotted a familiar looking form moving through the crowds, appearing to seperate himself from them as he went.
Raising an eyebrow, the mountain man called out, "Men'drakk'ar? Over here!"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:02 pm

'Ah!' Men'drakk'ar exclaimed, and turned, pushing against the crowds, ignoring their cries of complaint, stopping by Reht.

'I'm afraid the other two gave me the slip. I only pray they have not done anything stupid.'

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:25 pm

Reht sighed slightly. "Well, maybe they'll find something from dumb luck. You never know with people like them." He allowed his sword slide off his shoulder, then let it's sheathed tip rest on the ground, with his hands on the pommel.
"Think we should wait for them here, or try and find them?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:36 pm

Men'drakk'ar adopted a similar position with his axe, allowing his palms to rest on the butt of it's shaft, the axe's head in turn resting against the ground.

'I think that they are the kind of people that will not be found if they do not want to be. It would be wiser, then, for us to let them find us.'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:00 pm

As Ethra exited the last building in a hurry, having accidently opened the door in someone's face, she peered out into the square.

... you are SUCH AN IDIOT

Ya ya ya, I probably should of checked the place where everyone usually crosses to get to places... the Square

Get your ass kicked later by Verios, k?

Will do

"Hey Men.... men... Men'Dork'er or whatever... Hey!" Ethra yelled dashing over to him and Reht. "We, or rather Kite, found Verios!"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:13 pm

'Do you want to advertise to the whole world that we are searching for Verios? Don't be so loud.' Men'drakk'ar sighed. 'And why you felt you needed to give me the slip back there,I don't know...Oh, and my name is Men'drakk'ar.'

JoshuaDurron

Finally, a lead!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:15 pm

Reht grinned. "Well, we won't have to wait to long. I think that one of them has just come looking for us. Or, more particularly, you."

Dark Xia

Re: Finally, a lead!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:32 pm

"Sorry... eh.. umm... We tracked Verios to a bar, Kite's there keeping an eye on him.. comon let's go!"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs