Welcome player, to Reyta...

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Finally, a lead!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:34 pm

Men'drakk'ar frowned.

'Wait a minute. Whatever happened to the "if we find him we won't go after him, but just keep an eye on him" part of the plan? If Kite's already doing that surely it's best if we leave it that way.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:08 pm

Ethra sighed, "... Just watching him.. what good'll that do? We have to confront him sooner or later... and you really think that Kite'll be okay on his own?" Ethra sighed and crossed her hands behind her head.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 12/23/02 3:22:53 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:13 pm

'I don't know about you, but I for one would prefer to confront him when I thought I had a chance I might survive the encounter.' Men'drakk'ar countered.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:26 pm

"... we survived.. hey wait a second this is just...."

This idiot is roleplaying even now!?

Ethra sighed, "... no gain without risk, and besides, if he really wanted to kill us he wouldn't of toyed with us that last time."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:21 pm

Alyrra had been silent throughout the debate, privately mulling over the two apparent options: going after Verios with Kite, or following the original plan.

Well, Kite's already after him... but didn't the person say something earlier? About being trapped in? So if we attack Verios, Verios may die a real death, or be disembodied... but that wouldn't solve the problem, unless we CONTAINED him for a Watcher to help... we could just log in again, though...

"Maybe we should split up into groups again? Some people go after Kite and try to make sure he isn't hurt, or to keep an eye on Verios, and the other half try to talk to somebody who can do something about him?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:32 pm

Men'drakk'ar nodded, and hefted his axe.

'That is fine. I will go after Kite. Ethra, you will lead me to where I need to be. Reht and...I'm sorry, I do not know your name, you will find Sorune and alert him to what is happening.'

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:52 pm

Reht, who had handed out orders earlier, didn't debate Men'drakk'ar's pronouncement now. Teamwork was imperative if they were going to survive this. "Alright." He shot Alyrra a sympathetic look, and reslung his blade over his shoulder. "Sorune mentioned a watcher by the name of Saori. I've heard the name mentioned as frequenting a few places around here. We'll check it out."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:15 pm

Alyrra waved her fingers slightly at Men'Drakk'ar's admission that he didn't know her name. "No problem. I'm Alyrra." Then she turned her attention to Reht again. "I'll just be following you... I don't know too much about where they could be."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:44 pm

"Ready? Let's go then. It isn't too far from here..." Ethra lead them to the theives guild. As she opened the door she started looking around the room, not seeing Kite anywhere. She cursed under her breath.

JoshuaDurron

To Grey Stone!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:23 am

Reht was the type of man who gathered connections everywhere, and often forgot about more contacts than he remembered. Now that he had a new person to find, primarily Saori, he began asking around among a few Watchers he knew. (He knew watchers from just about every beat, so there were always one or two he knew in the same town as he was.) It didn't take long for him to be directed to Grey Stone. A quick hop later, and Reht and Alyrra were walking down the streets of Grey Stone, the mountain man whistling cheerily.
One stop at an inn later, and Reht had Saori's discription, and had learned she was asking about Verios. He told the innkeeper to send a message to her, telling her that people with information about Verios had turned up. He then turned his back to the bar and rested his elbows on it. He looked over at Alyrra and grinned. "Five to one odds say he turns up here. Let's just hope Sorune has gotten here too. I think we'll need his help."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:03 pm

Obviously Ethra was a complete idiot when it came to the workings of thieves. The entirety of the thieves guild literally shoved them out of the guild and back into the streets locking the door and sealing the magical wall on them. IF there was one thing you never do with thieves, it was never give away their location. With that, the group was unable to gain access to the guild.....

Verios leaned forward as he hacked the head off of a sewer rat. He continued following his fireball friend nearing the exit that would lead them out into the river. Verios saw the light of the exit up ahead and ran forward his friend chuckling before poofing up into a small ball of smoke. Verios grinned as he reached the exit of the sewers. It had took him a bit longer than usual but he got there none the less. He jumped down into the river and swam along with the flow of the water, not taking him much time to reach the edge of the bank and climbing up onto shore just outside of town. He glanced back at the town before walking off towards a nearby forest.

Grey stone was hit by a wave of energy almost invisible and undetectable to everyone. Saori however was completely aware of this wave and was panic stricken. she knew this was not good. She quickly gathered up a large force of watchers and marched through town clearing every player on the street, she either teleported them to Kiton, or upright disconnected them if they refused to cooperate. Saori at last came to the bar where Reht and Alyrra were. She paid them no special mind and just waved her hand across the bar her black wings fluttering.

"All of you are to leave now, I shall teleport you to the capital of Kiton. If you object at all I will have to forcefully disconnect you. Please step into the portal I shall provide for you now."

Saori waved her staff over towards the wall a blue portal appearing and floating there. The various players looked at her then one by one walked over and into the portal, all of them knowing the consequences for disobeying a higher up like Saori. The bar emptied quickly, until just Reht and Alyrra were left.

"You heard me you two! Leave through the portal or I will have to disconnect you!"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:12 pm

Kite had been traveling the sewers for quite some time. He knew that he must be in the center of the city. He cursed under his breath as he realized he had lost Verios. Kite opened a manhole cover and exited the sewers. He came up at The Square, and quickly realized no one was there.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 12/24/02 1:14:41 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:22 pm

(OOC: Saori is clearing out Grey stone, not Kiton. )

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:14 pm

Reht nodded to Alyrra, indicating she should go through first. As she started moving, Reht looked at Saori carefully. "This has to do with Verios, doesn't it, Ms. Saori?"
He took out his spare pipe and quickly filled it with Dorral leaves, the same as he had been smoking when he met Men'Drakk'ar in the forrest. With a casual gesture he lit the pipe, while waiting for Saori's response. A wave of the hand kept Alyrra from stepping through the portal until the answer was heard...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 12/24/02 4:18:46 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:46 pm

Saori looked at Reht before snarling at him pointing her staff at the portal.

"I have nothing to say to you. Go now, or are you choosing to be disconnected?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:24 pm

Reht shrugged, taking a long draw of the smoke from his pipe. "Fine, have it your way." He began walking towards the portal. "But you can't keep us from hunting Verios. I'm leaving to aviod role-playing complications, and because things will be more difficult fighting both Verios and the Watchers at the same time, so it would be wise to regather our forces. However, we're still going to stop that madman one way or another. It would have been easier with your help, but you don't seem to want to give it. If you see him, tell Sorune that we'll meet him at the campsite." Reht exhaled, and the smoke from his pipe drifted up and filled the room. He got a brief glimps of things on the astral plane, and then stepped through the portal.
Alyrra was with him, and they were in the midst of a busy town once again. "Well," he commented, "that didn't go very well. We should try to find Men'drakk'ar and Sorune..."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:40 pm

"Hmm.. Town empty = bad!!"

Kite ran fast toward the log on platform.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:04 pm

"Well, at least they should be around here somewhere," observed Alyrra. "At least if they were evacuated as well.... and it's pretty hard to miss the Fallion in a crowd." With that, she murmured one of her small cantrips, causing her to float a bit above the ground... still not as tall as most of the others, but giving her a slight height advantage to look.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:17 pm

Ethra had retreated to an alley in the city of Kiton. She had made her way there through the crowdo f players that had been teleported there from Greystone, and was now sulking.

Even in a place where we have all these new powers, thereare always those who are stronger. What's the point of rules and freedoms if those who enforce the rules are weak, and those who wish freedom are weak, and those who are strong are... pretty close to evil.

She laid her head back against the wall of thealley and let herself fall into an uneasy sleep.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:30 pm

Reht, however, was somewhat distracted. He quickly tapped out his pipe, although the herbs were only half gone. "There was some sort of astral energy pervading that place. I think it had Saori worried. Verios was probably on his way, and she wanted innocents out of the way. We should try to get back as fast as possible..."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:52 pm

Saori grimaced as the town was empty. She knew she had to keep the players safe, and she knew that any players still in the area were probably hiding. Why they would hide would make them either thieves or just scared of the watchers.

"I believe that is everyone.... Men, cover the area in a magic field. I don't want anyone coming in here. Don't make it too powerful though, in case we need to get out of here quickly."

Four of the watchers nodded and headed off into different corners of Grey Stone. They chanted a few words and a large square field covered the town sweeping out all players that were not watchers. For now only watchers could leave the field.

Saori stood by the log-in platform and pointed her staff at it white light bursting forth and covering the platform. Preventing anyone from logging in to this town. However just as she did this, a small green orb floated out of the ground beneath a watcher his eyes widening as he promptly was disconnected.

Saori turned around and ran over towards the vanishing watcher and the 4 posted at the point with him. She quickly asked what happened and the four watchers merely shrugged.

"He was there a minute ago. I don't know maybe his family cut him off?"

Saori shook her head and shuddered. "I don't like this... something is coming..." As if hearing her, a skeletons hand burst out from the ground causing a watcher that had been maintaining the field to stumble backwards, the field weakening. Multiple skeletons emerged after the first one and a total of 5 stood there staring at the watcher.

Saori knew something was wrong when she saw the field weaken. So she quickly ran off towards the corner where the field had been weakened.

Verios shifted his weight and looked towards the barrier being erected over Grey Stone. He smirked slightly and shouldered his spear heading off towards Grey Stone.

"Now things are beginning to get interesting....."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:29 am

(( OOC: *bump* ))

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:31 pm

Ethra finally decided that moping would get her nowhere, and instead wished to do SOMETHING productive. Verios she thought was out of her league, so she decided to go and find somenoe who could price the dagger she found, and maybe sell it, she was need of money after giving everything to Verios.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:34 pm

And Men'drakk'ar, having nothing better to do, resolved to go with Ethra and make sure she kept out of trouble. Aside from that he was ever curious, and wanted to find out more about her.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:38 pm

(( Bah time to get Kiton up and about........ ))

Two watchers were discussing the incident at Grey Stone in the middle of Kiton. They were newer ones who had been posted at Kiton to keep an eye out for Verios.

"I heard that Grey Stone was under attack." The first one said to his partner. "I heard it was by undead too. Not Verios." He continued.

"Yeah, perhaps Saori will get to meet him later." The second watcher replied. "They should meet again, I heard rumor among the older watchers that they worked together once. But they never spoke again after Saori sealed away on of his beasts."

The two watchers continued to babble amongst each other, rather absent minded as to anyone who was listening.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:42 pm

Noticing Men'drakk'ar following her she flicked her eyes at him and gave him a blank "Why are you following me?" Her tail was swinging back and forth behind as if agitated.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:44 pm

Men'drakk'ar frowned slightly.

'I'm not following you. I'm going with you. There's a distinct difference, Ethra.'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:47 pm

"...................................................." Ethra sighed, "I guess that's a matter of opinion..." Ethra turned and continued walking, checking the street signs for a place that could examine the dagger. "So what do you think will become of Greystone? Think some epic battle is about to begin that will decide the fate of Reyta?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:58 pm

Men'drakk'ar shuddered.

'I hope not. I can't stand undead. Though I think those watchers are foolish to rule out Verios - but then they are not privy to the information we have. We know he has the power to control undead...'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:00 pm

"... Do you think he's evil?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:06 pm

Men'drakk'ar sped up slightly to bring him level with Ethra, then matched his pace to her own.

'No, Ethra. I wouldn't say that. I think he has quite possibly been corrupted by the power he has gained.'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:11 pm

"Well he WAS a thief even before this, and definitely not the kindest soul." Ethra continued to walk with a gloomy look on her face. "I wonder if there's some way I could get that kind of power."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:03 pm

Men'drakk'ar stopped abruptly and grabbed Ethra's arm, spinning her to face him.

'You do not want that kind of power Ethra! No mortal was meant to possess it. It would twist and corrupt you, just as I fear it has done to Verios. I do not want to see that happen to you.'

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:22 pm

Kite reached the log on platform just before the shield came up, lucky for him the first city he thought of was Kiton.

With the word spoken he left Grey Stone a couple of mili-seconds before the shield would've thrown him out of the city.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:17 pm

"You really think just because I had that power I would become evil!?" Ethra glared at Men'drakk'ar. "You're more of a pesimist than me! I believe that power can be used for good! Even easily acquired power, you think that I'd become like him!? Hah! The things I could do with that power... I would never have to go through all the endless fighting like so many have done.. I wouldn't have to stay weak like this either..." She trailed off and turned her head, her hand in a fist.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:03 am

Reht, attentive ears ever perked for action, caught what the two babbeling watchers said. He nudged Alyrra. "Did you hear that? Verios and Saori used to work together. More information. I think it's time we went back to Grey Stone, and talked to Ms. Saori, disconnection or no. There's to much OOC/IC overlap here for me to see a point in trying to stay withing character until this is all done. How fast can you move on foot?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:18 pm

'There you go, mixing things up again. Corrupt is not necessarily the same thing as Evil, Ethra. And I believe you would intend to use that power for good...at least at first. But power has a funny way of twisting one's actions, over time.'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:04 pm

"... No matter what you're opinion is nothing is fact until it happens.. where's that damned store..." Ethra said, still sort of pissed.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:27 pm

Men'drakk'ar said nothing, for fear of making her angrier. She was headstrong, he realised, and would not listen to cautionary words if she thought she knew better. Instead he walked on in silence, drifting into deep thought.

ArgusDevilmen

We will need a new thread soon.....

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:22 pm

The town of Grey Stone was now quite hectic, the skeletons seemed to be rising up at a extremely odd rate of speed and attacking the watchers in unison.

Saori was fending them off easily, but she had to keep an eye on the other watchers, so she canceled the barrier, and rallied them all in the middle of town near the log on platform.

"Everyone get to the middle of town! We need to prevent this place from becoming a undead town!" Saori commanded the watchers and they all managed to get to the center of town, all 35 of them. They had formed a large circle and were fending off the skeletons as they came.

Saori knew this wouldn't hold them off long. They just kept coming, the only hope for getting out of this without them all being disconnected was some high level players coming. The bad thing was, she could not send out a message to anyone she knew off hand......

Verios was now less than a mile away from Grey Stone and taking a slow but stead pace in his walk. He knew there was trouble there and was going to get involved if he got any closer.

"Hell, Nothing much can happen to me anyway. May as well join in on the chaos and get some experience." With that Verios picked up his pace to a steady jog, it wouldn't take him long to get there now....

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs