Welcome player, to Reyta...

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ArgusDevilmen

Welcome player, to Reyta...

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:45 pm

I smiled as I got home from school, running upstairs to my room. My mother asking me how my day was and I replied with the usual yet always a lie, "Ok." There it was, my way to leave this messed up world. I turned on my computer listening to it's hum as it started up. I chomped down a sandwich before placing the headset on. I smiled as I pushed the mike down to my lips mumbling my password to the game. Little did I think that after all this time of playing the game, that I would soon know the price for tampering in things I only thought I understood.....

Verios stood at the terminal of the town of Grey Stone. He turned around looking at the spiraling blue rings which players used to sign in and out. He grinned and turned around walking down the brick streets, spear in hand glancing from side to side at the players and NPC's alike. None of them knew how serious he was about this game. It was his life, he spent more time on it then he did with his family and friends IRL. The newbies were common to this town so it was a good place to find quests that needed doing and treasure to find.

He walked over to a tavern stepping inside and looking about. He was know by this towns residents well and they knew what it meant when he came here. He was looking for treasure. Verios walked over to the barkeep leaned on the bar and smiled. "Well? Anything new?" The keep just looked at him and nodded motioning him to come into the back room. Verios quickly followed him in, eyes widening at the words the keep told him. "A new dungeon....? Infested with really powerful monsters?" The keep nodded back to him. "Its been named the Gaia's Cleft. They say a newbie found it and was taken out by the first monster he ran into!" Verios chuckled and walked back out. "Thanks old man, I'll bring you back something in return for your trouble."

A few hours later Verios arrived at the Cleft. He gripped the hilt of his spear and walked within. The Cleft was huge, and the keep was not joking. As soon as he stepped inside a large ogre appeared and took a swing for Verios. But all he got was air, and the spear that Verios wields within his chest. The ogre fell over and dematerialized. "Bah...these monsters are not as strong as the keep made out..." Verios continued along fighting the monsters that approached him with ease. Until at last he was at the final level and he smirked as the treasure chest lay in the room ahead. He began to walk along spear shouldered.

Verios entered the treasure room glancing at the solitary chest he shrugged. "This better be worth it..." He walked over to the chest tapping it with his foot. Smiling as it began to open. He stopped for a moment looking behind him getting the feeling something was not right. He shook it off and looked down into the chest. He arched a eyebrow and kneeled down reaching into the chest withdrawing the amulet which had resided within. "Odd... it has writing on it...." He held the amulet up to his face squinting to read the words. "You... who have sought for power... wishing for riches... and living for no true purpose.... with this amulet you shall change... change the game into your reality....." Verios blinked before grasping his head and falling to his knees. He yelled painfully as he clung to the amulet shakily. He shut his eyes screaming out feeling his body tense up. The pain stopped suddenly, and he felt himself slowly fall to the floor blacking out.......

My father knocked on the door a few times before walking in. I stood there eyes glazed over, smiling as I felt my body hit the floor, the last sensation I felt IRL. The last words my father yelling to me......

( And so we begin........)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Welcome player, to Reyta...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:11 pm

(OOC: Why am I reminded of Tad William's Otherland series? Is that just coincidence? o.o? Oh, and are we supposed to have similar things happen to our characters, or what? Please explain this. Thankee. ^^;;)

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:09 pm

(( OOC: Oh no, I'm just introducing the problem into the game, you could just introduce your character as you normally would. Except signing on to the game should be one of your first actions though.... o.o And I've never read that series <_< ))

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:20 pm

Boring, yep, sooo boring, uh hu, trigonomic functions can call be expressed as terms of sin and cos, sure, k, factoring.. gah...

A bit later...

"Finally, almost there..." The player of Ethra thought to himself as he gazed out of the window of the bus he took home from school. In his thoughts he was dreaming of dashing aronud and slicing with those swords, or just looking across the cool landscape of the gaming plane.

Home, finally....

After waiting for his parents to depart for work he plopped down in his chair, and leaned back. Picking up the headset he put in on his head, murmured in his password... and was in.

(quetion, do dragon halfs get wingsImage ? probably not but just asking)

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:37 pm

( Nope, the wingras get the wings Image Now to wait for the rest of the people to post... )

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:54 pm

His day had three basic portions after that point. Eat, talk briefly with his friends, and then log in. Not terribly complex, but that's how it went.
His password entered, he found himself in a random city. This was how he usually entered the game. Kept some flavor in the entrance. He had been here once before, but it was a while ago, and he was just passing through at the time.
Reht gazed around at what was known to Regs like him as merely a "NewB-vill", one of many that they often avioded. Probably not much of interest to see here, but there might be one or two higher level "NewB helpers" wandering around, looking for someone who would do leg work for cash.
Reht checked to make sure that his custom blade was sheathed under his coat, and then stepped off the login platform...

SALSAlys

Yay!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:07 pm

As soon as she got home from highschool, her mom surprised her with a large cake.

"Thanks!" she laughed. First day of highschool went well, she was a freshman, made some friends, and it was her birthday... she couldn't imagine what else she could ask for.

At least until she ripped open the last package at her party.

Her eyes nearly popped out.

"Reyta?!/ Thanks!" She pounced her mom, hugging her tightly before the woman teased her about loving the present more than her mom. She refuted it indignantly, but couldn't help wishing the party was over just so she could play the game....

She had fun, though. When finally the last of her friends was sent home, she raced to her room where she began installing the game, then logged on.

Name... How about Alyrra Mindellan? I kinda like the sound of that... I'm female, of course, and— ooh, wings sound cool... lemme try to make her as much like me as possible... and magic sounds nifty...

Then Alyrra Mindellan, Wingra Mage, stepped out of the login platform, on her first day.

Delicately built and barely at 5'4", her face was a smooth, slightly lucent porcelain tint, pure and pristine. Long, flowing golden hair, pale as winter sunshine, poured down her back in elegant tendrils and wisps. Shimmering crystal wings came from her back, refracting light into various rainbow prisms. Her eyes were the only colored part of her, although the cool green color didn't retract from the ice princess effect. Plain white robes sheathed her body.

Craning her head to look at her wings, she then touched them, curious. Delighted at how real they felt, she fluttered them experimentally, but was disappointed when she couldn't fly.

Ah well, decided Alyrra. This is still fun. Now where should I go?

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 11/4/02 7:08:57 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: Yay!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:32 pm

It happened almost IMMEDIATELY after stepping off the login platform.
An arrow whizzed through the space his head had just left, and imbedded itself in the ground by the feet of a blond female Wingra who had just logged in, and stood apparently contemplating where to go next. A human in a green tunic and red pants and vest came hurrying out of the shadows, cursing vehemently, fitting another arrow to the string of his bow. But his target was long gone. As the clueless human looked around for Reht, his target was jumping off of the roof he had just landed on and came rushing back at the still clueless archer. His blade appeared in his hands from under his coat, it's ornate curves and wicked tripple points glinting in the sun like the flames it had been shaped to resemble. At the last second, Reht reversed the blade and slammed the hilts across the back of the man's head. He fell to the ground like a sack of rotten apples, landing at the feet of the female Wingra, who had watched the lightning combat as if dazed.
Reht stepped over the man and picked him up one handed. "Well Jeremiah, it's been a while. Still mad at me?"
"Of course I'm still mad at you!" The other man answered, "You killed me, and then had me ressurected in the deepest levels of the Second Abyss. Getting out was a living hell!"
"You said 'Do your worst'. And I did. Well, almost. I left you your equipment, didn't I? Want to try it again, without gear?"
The other man's eyes widened.
"No, I didn't think so. Now run along and let me alone, or I'll find an even more unusual feat for you to accomplish upon being revived..."
Jeremiah lost no time in doing as instructed. Reht watched him for a few seconds, then turned to the Wingra who had watched it all. "Hope that didn't cause you any inconvinience. But some people seem to think camping login points is a good way to score kills on enimies."

((OOC: Sorry if the meeting is a bit intense...))

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:20 pm

Alyrra blinked again, slightly in shock.

"...That was quick," she said finally. "Um, I'm kind of new at this, so... is there somewhere I should avoid, if I don't want to be attacked by players? And where should newbies go?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:25 pm

"That was quite mean you know." The vocie of a Deysetsu came from behind Reht, "I admit that it's a way to deal with ignorant newbies, but it is a bit cruel." Ethra shot a glance at the Wingra and smiled. Heh, I need to make a wingra sometime, thought the player.
"What goes around comes around, so I hope you're speciific in your requests so that some other person "Does their worst" or "Shows you what they got." Ethra gave a small smirk, "Unless you want that." I wonder if he'll catch both of my meanings, thought the palyer, with an inner chuckle.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 11/4/02 8:26:40 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:33 pm

Turning to the Wingra now, "I'll show you aronud a bit if you want." Ethra said, "Oh and my first piece of advice is to go to town a lot, there might be some useful info there. It's sort of like a news board, except it's presented like it's all roleplaying. So don't expect to get anything at a cclick of a button.. unless you see one." Ethra gave a msall smile on her child-like face and gave her torquise hair a brush, feeling her horns a bit. Even after all this time I Can't get over the fact that these horns feel so real, thoguht the player.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:43 pm

Reht looked at the other newcomer from the corner of his eye. "I just deal with the people who try to kill me, thank you."
He looked back over at the apparently new Wingra character. "Just keep to the towns for a while, and don't travel alone to much. The name's Reht, some people call me the black mountain man. If you need anything done, I'm the person to call. But I charge alot. If you want a partner on a quest, I do that too, sometimes, for a cut of the haul. I'll see you."
He tucked his blade away into it's special sheath under his coat, then tossed his loose ponytail over his shoulder, it's green streak catching the afternoon sun, and for a moment it seemed to blaze like a green light. Then Reht turned away and moved through the crowds towards his favorite bar.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 11/4/02 8:44:30 pm

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:49 pm

"I can answer that, Miss." Another person stepped out from around the Login point. He was about 5'10", dressed in green robes that covered most of his body and face, and wearing a pendant with a lightning bolt on it attached to his robes, along with a small, silver choker. "I also know about the login point Easy kill and I'm trying my best to get it fixed. My name is Sorune, Druid and high officer of Reyta. Also a newbie helper, as this attractive little pendant states. Over there is the NewBvillage, a good place for a Wingra like yourself to get started. Anyone who does not have this symbol," He points to the pendant on his chest. "Is not allowed to enter. But I think I have something to tell this young man here. Go along, miss. I'll catch up in a bit." As soon as he saw her out of sight, he turned to face the young man.
"Sir, I have some dire news. I know that you are high level, and can help me with a slight problem. I want to know if you felt a strange....sensation when you logged in. Like you'd done something irreversible. Something you couldn't go back on?" There was fear in the druid's eyes now. "I know it seems silly, but I've come to trust these feelings of mine. And I need your help to figure out what it all means." The druid had recomposed himself by this time. "Will you help me? Furthermore, will you help yourself?" The druid held out a hand, a promise of friendship. "Will you help...everyone?"

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 11/4/02 9:11:02 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:51 pm

"Oh and the concept of greed has a foothold here, watch out for that too. As you may of noticed this place is veryrealistic.. the people here are very realistic too, so watch out. We maybe different races here, but we're all humans inside."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:56 pm

(As der only other male present to be addressed...)
Reht's eyes grew distant for a moment. Then they returned to reality. His in game image sputtered a bit, then returned to normal. "No... at the moment I'm having now problems with logging out. Might be a server problem..."
He cut off, and took a moment to get back in character. "Well, it looks like at least you need some help."
He threw a quick look over his shoulder. "I suppose you don't want to worry the NewBies with this right now. It's possible the problem may become more widespread. I'll help you with this, but in return, I'll require a sizable monetary reinbursement. If for no other reason then that I have a reputation to keep up." A humorous twinkle had entered the man's eye.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 11/5/02 8:09:51 am

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:15 pm

( Josh, edit your post please <_< Only Verios has the log out problem at the moment.....)

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:28 pm

Verios slowly felt his eyes begin to open to see he was now in the bed of a inn. He looked about oddly checking himself for wounds. He shook his head and stopped looking down around his neck. He began to remember now, the black out which happened after he read what was written on the amulet. "Why would I black out...?"

Verios was answered by a young girl who walked in and ran up to him. "Hello! You are awake already? You were out for about 10 minutes! Another player found you in Gaia's Cleft and brought you to Regs!" Verios turned and stood up, and reached over picking up his spear. "Thank you...." He simply said this and walked outside leaving the NPC innkeepers daughter confused.

He shook his head awkwardly and wondered why he felt so strange, as if something was missing. Or something was there... He shook his head again confused and headed to the Login platform where the other four players were conversing. He simply pushed past them and walked up onto the Login platform holding up his spear to log out. He stood there for a moment staring at the circling rings. "Wha...." He grimaced and raised his spear again before stopping. He looked at the amulet and stood there, staring until he looked back up. Shaking his head he turned back around to push past the four again.......

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:47 pm

Alyrra was going towards the village that had been pointed out, still flapping her wings experimentally in an effort to fly.

Whee!

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:51 am

Ethra giggled, "Sorry to disappoint you but even with those wings, you can't fly. Everyone would be a Wingra if you could, who wouldn't want to fly... well see ya around." Ethra dased off towards a forest.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 11/5/02 6:53:52 am

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:55 pm

Josh sat in his 6th period English class dieing from boredom, and anticipation. He couldn't wait to get home, and pop on the headset, turn up some techno, and trance music, and play Reyta.

"Josh are you paying attention?!" His teacher, Mrs. Bell, yelled at Josh.

"Yes, I am." Josh replied, no scared at all by the teacher.

"Well then. What did Robert Frost mean when he wrote In Fire and Ice." Mrs. Bell said to Josh.

"He was talking about the end of the world. And how man's desires may be the cause of it. He relates fire to man's greed and anger. I'm reminded of Global Warming, but I don't think he knew about that." Josh said back.

Josh was a wizkid. Before Reyta came out, he'd go home, and make cool programs, or read. He read a lot. Homework took him only long enough to write it. Which meant 20 minuets when he got home.

But besides that Josh was a Raver, most weekends he would go to a rave. He wasn't into Ecstasy and all that. As far as he was concerned anything that didn't allow him control over himself was a bad thing, so no ecstasy for him.

The bell rang and Josh was outa there. He ran over to the bike racks and rode the four miles home. He didn't mind in fact he liked it. It kept him fit, and was a good Zen time for him.

The top of his house hit the horizon, and he sped up. For some reason today he especially wanted to play. He raced up to his house and around back to drop off his bike. He ran to the back door, opened it and herd.

"Is that you Josh?" His mom, Margaret, called.

"Yes mom, I'm going to my room to play."

"Oh that Retiya game."

"It's Reyta, and yes." Josh said as he walked to his room. He walked in and turned on a bunch of techno, and trance music. He took a slug of water he had grabbed from the fridge. He popped on the headset, and his world was gone.

Kite jumped out of the log in ring. He went rite into a duck and roll. He jumped up with his long sword drawn and ready for battle. He had gotten hit by one of the log in kills already; he wasn't about to have it happen again. He took a look around there were some people standing around here already. Kite straightened up and sheathed his sword.

"Hello." Kite said to the people hangin' around the log in ring.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:07 pm

Almost immediately after Kite exited the login point, it flashed white again, signalling the arrival of yet another player.

Men'drakk'ar of the Amber Oracle Clan stepped forward. Unlike Kite, he was unafraid of being killed on log in. He felt confident that his reaction times were too good for him to meet such a dismal end.

The large Fallion stretched as he stepped away from the rings, and let loose a guttural howl. Men'drakk'ar always did this upon login - it had become something like a ritual.

This was his favourite login point - he was well known here, and was thus easily able to find quests. He also liked to help out newbies - though of course he couldn't enter the NewB village. But he was always willing to help out if they sought him out.

'Thank the Great Spirits, 'tis a good day!' He noted, cocking his head on one side.

He looked around, seeing if anyone he recognised was nearby.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:47 pm

"Well, I'm not sure if you're really powerfull, or just arogant." Kite said looking at Men'drakk'ar.

He turned to the others. "Who wants to go to a bar? Last time I was on, I got a nice sack of gold. I'm in the mood for a good time."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:10 pm

'I am both and I am neither.' Replied Men'drakk'ar, a grin splitting his face. 'It all depends on how you look at it. There are two sides to every coin, and even more sides to every die. A mortal has uncounted sides - each is slightly different, and viewers will only see a few of these sides at first, and will only see the others should they take the time to try and discover them.'

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:27 pm

Verios pushed past the group slowly looking back to the others who were logging on. He brushed off some dirt from his trenchcoat and placed his spear at his side. "Newbies...... They expect to get help from higher level players all the time." He shook his head in disgust and stopped for a moment when he saw Men'drakk'ar.

He had heard of him but never took any notice to what he was really like. "They all just think its nothing more than a game..... Yet, Reyta is far... more.." He shook his head out of a trance and stood there a few feet from the log in platform, watching the other players.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:27 pm

Reht paused from his conversation with the druid to throw a glance over his shoulders at the newly arived Fallion, who was conversing with another newly arived player. The other was offering drinks at the bar, the Fallion was speaking in riddles. The NewBs had left, setting out for the village that would assist their starting out. A slight grin touched his face, and then he turned back to the druid.
"When did you first notice your inability to log out? And do you know anyone else who's had the same problem?" He kept his "voice" down, so that only the druid could recieve his messages.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 11/5/02 2:28:55 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:29 pm

( OOC: Josh, Only Verios has the log out problem right now, just to remind you. )

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:32 pm

Men'drakk'ar seemed to notice that he was getting some attention, and turned to look at Verios. Immediately he stiffened, his fur rising slightly. Verios could only assume that the Fallion recognised him.

The Fallion turned to Kite just long enough to say 'Excuse me', then walked over to Verios.

'You are Verios, yes? I know you by reputation. I am Men'drakk'ar.'

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:44 pm

((Jes, I understand. Edit post appropriately. But Reht has offered his help in fixing the problem, and as there is no response from Sage at this point, I'm assuming this offer will be accepted... he can still decline, however.))

Dark Xia

I dreamt a dream the other day...

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:08 pm

...in that dream I was able to jump up high onto a branch and look down, relax, to see the sky in a whole new beautiful light. The player thought this to himself, then glanced down when he heard a snarl. "Great, a wolf. You know, they need to add some story to this game, or I need to find some more people to RP with..." Ethra launced herself off the branch and plunged downward, one of her short blades out in an instant. With some kluck she was able to get a critical hit, a stab through the head, instantly killing the creature.
"hmm, I might as well go to town, maybe I can eavesdrop and hear something interesting."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:10 pm

Verios turned to look at him raising a eyebrow. He straightened his overcoat and grimaced at the Fallion. "Well Men'drakk'ar, you should know not to approach me in public less you want your reputation to be altered." He grinned waving his spear at him. "I'm a thief you know."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:17 pm

The Fallion raised an eyebrow, replying:

'I never had a reputation of being invulnerable to thievery. In fact, I wasn't aware that I had a reputation at all.'

He shifted from one foot to the other, and scratched at his cheek with a claw.

'Regardless, I am curious as to what you're doing in these parts of Reyta. It's not often we get people of your reputation around here.'

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:16 pm

Verios glanced at the Fallion before placing his spear on his shoulder."Its easy to learn about treasure in this area." He stopped for a moment thinking about his logging out problem but shook his head.

"Besides those damned Reyta watchers are rarely around here. So I don't need to worry about them." He shifted his spear to the other shoulder. "Considering you are probably the only Fallion as built as you are its not hard to say you have a reputation."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:43 pm

Ethra gave a sigh when she noticed that notorious thief still there. She walked past him and towards a bar, giving his eyes a glance as she passed by.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:46 pm

(BLORG! Double post=badness. Sorry about this. Return to playing.)

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 11/5/02 6:51:08 pm

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:47 pm

(Jes, I assumed a bit much on my first post, and edited accordingly. But not before everyone else read it first, it seems.)
For the time being, the Druid ignored the comment about the one next to him being a notorious thief, but not ignoring the fact that he couldn't log out.
~why do I get this feeling that Reyta is about to become more than what it is? Perhaps I should discuss this with the Watchers themselves. And what he said....perhaps I should talk with him as well.~
"I believe you misunderstood me. I can still log out, I just have a very bad feeling about all this. But yes, I will gladly compensate you for your services. Now, if you'll excuse me one second..." Sorune turned his attention to the thief who had troubles logging out.
"Sir? Yes you, who couldn't log out before. Can I have a word with you? About...what you said?" The druid had a look of deep curiousity in his eyes, along with more than a bit of worry.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:00 pm

Alyrra continued her investigation around the NewB Village, eventually finding her way towards the simple shops that sold healing potions, mana restoratives, and so forth, as well as the mentor that taught skills.

Lessee... I want my spells. COOL! I get THREE of them! And then I go through that little training demonstration to get some equipment...

She found herself fascinated by the way that her three spells— "Galvanic Whip", "Black Hand", and "Spectral Image" (a whip of charged air lashing at a foe, a 'fist' of energy striking, and blurred duplicates of the caster, respectively) were ingrained into her memory, close enough to call on them if need be, but not interfering with her concious thoughts.

Then she went through the small gauntlet, defeating a group of giant rats with two uses of the Hand spell, then fighting a gremlin.... which was considerably tougher than the rats, although she had an impression that it would've been an easy kill for an older player.

Yoiks. I think I ran out of magical energy... got a nice, light little dagger though. Yay. So I won't be TOTALLY defenseless, even if I can't cast spells... She pocketed the dagger, as well as a light pair of sandals, which she wore on her previously unshod feet.

And I can FEEL myself moving more quickly than normal... it's interesting, she decided.

Alyrra, though, knew she would need to heal herself, as well as replenish her mana.

However, for newbies, it was a simple process, going to the NPC healer which would heal the newbies for free, and help recharge their magic.

Hehe. What fun. And more training!

And so Alyrra continued her happy quest of slaughtering low-level monsters.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:16 pm

Ethra gave yet another sigh as she listened to some idiots speak in l33t at the table accross from her. "you know this game used to be a lot more fun... too bad those roleplaying guys aren't around too much. I wonder if I could petition for some server or branch of a server only for roleplaying... should probably do a search later."
Ethra continued to sit and brood for a few seconds longer. "... That thief's probably up to something, eh guess it wouldn't hurt to hang around there for a while." Getting up again, the indecisive player went to where Reht was.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:25 pm

Reht watched as the peacekeeping druid spoke to another character, apparently a theif. Since Reht knew of no outstanding bouties on him, he decided to ignore him. If getting paid involved helping him then fine. But Reht's loyalties lay where the greatest money could be made. Peacekeepers could pay well, so he hoped to keep this job...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:38 pm

Well he's still here, Ethra thought to herself, I wonder how powerful her really is. Heh, now I'm beginning to think like one of those crazy Dbzers...
Ethra shuddered noticeably, then gave a little smile and looked at Reht

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:53 pm

Verios glanced at the druid slanting his eyes before tilting his head to one side a arrow gliding past him. "Pfft....." He turned around to see a Reyta watcher staring at him through his helmet. He shrugged before pointing his spear at him. "Listen watcher, if a whole group of you couldn't capture for my last crime you think you alone can take me in?"

The watcher snarled drawing his sword, and putting away his bow. "Verios! You scum! You think you can get away with doing anything you want!" He was shakily holding his sword and it was obvious he was scared.

Verios simply smiled shaking his head. "Go now, before I make you have to reconnect." He grinned broadly as he said this, and the watcher slowly sheathed his sword.

"I've got my eye on you! Its my job to keep Regs safe." With that he glared at him and turned around walking into the crowds.

Verios shook his head and turned to the druid. "As for you Druid, No one I repeat no one, gets into my business...." He shouldered his spear again glancing back at them. Shaking his head he continued walking along towards the town exit.

Fools....They should know I let no one get close to me....

Next

Return to Other RPs