The New Era (an MM: BN Freestyle RPG)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
The Dark Gun

The New Era (an MM: BN Freestyle RPG)

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:17 pm

*10 years after the last appearance of Hikari and his PET MegaMan...

Things have changed. Life is easier. Virus amounts are down, and it seems as if there is no one trying to take over the world for once. Navi ghosts, once a threat in many areas, have been removed through the expert actions of the Professional Netbattlers. This same group has suceeded in completely repressing all further virus breakouts so far...

But everything is not as it seems, for, as is usually the case, there is something waiting, waiting to be discovered, and it may have found a way...*

<Receptionist> "Logging in?"

"Yes, doing a check up on Gate Centeral near the square."

He was in the main lobby of the Netbattler's center of command on Mari Bay, and, after flashing his ID to the receptionist, he went over to the terminal and logged on.

"You know the path, Starfall, just routine."

<Starfall> "But routine is BORING. There's never anything worth our while in here."

"Maybe not... But these things need to be done."

<Starfall> "Yeah yeah... Approaching the gates now."

"That was quick."

<Starfall> "Well, the Net doesn't have viruses all over the place anymore, if you don't have to slog your way through a good 15 of them on your way there, it's not too ba..."

"Starfall? What is it?"

*Scans his PET moniter*

"That's odd. That's a pretty big virus..."

<Starfall> "Indeed, excellent."

"I suggest you hurry, it's headed for the Undernet Gate."

<Starfall> "Yeah, better get it before it gets away from me."

*Running forwards, charging his buster, Starfall approaches the virus.*

<Starfall> "Combat protocol initiate. Seal off quandrent to protect data and bystandards."

*The mill of data around him responded to the phrases, limiting off an area large enough for combat, but to restrict the fight from corrupting the data streaming around it*

<Starfall> "Now you're m..."

"Blast... The gate was in the field... It got away. End combat protocol..."

<Starfall> "Blast. That was something new... Now what?"

"I don't know. Hold on right there, and I'll go make a recording, and then report."

<Starfall> "Alright."

Edited by: The Dark Gun&nbsp; Image at: 12/24/02 11:18:57 am

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: The New Era (an MM: BN Freestyle RPG)

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:33 pm

Jason sighed. What had looked like a good plan at the time did not, when in excecution, seem the same.
"Any good chips in there, Shade?"

"You've got me searching a damned vending machine. What do you think?"

"You never know." shrugged Jason.

"It's a vending machine."

Jason sighed again. Shadestrike wasn't likely to forget about this anytime soon.

"Ooh, here's a metool. This is going to make this all worthwhile. A met. That's all there is in here. Do you have any idea how much satisfaction I'll gain from this? None at all."

Shadestrike, evidently, was not taking this well. "Just kill it and move on." said Jason, irritated.

"All right, if you think you can trust me not to die in the attempt." saud Shade sarcastically.

Jason pretended he hadn't heard that, as Shade destroyed the met. "Now try and 'persuade' the machine to give out a free drink, the time it took for you to beat that met was enough to make anyone thirsty."

"I'm on it." said Shade. Jason, watched, surprised, as the vending machine started dump its whole stock. He then disconnected his PET, quickly grabbed a drink and tried to walk nonchalantly away.

"I think I might have been a bit too persuasive." said Shade smugly.

"Shut up and I'll see if I can find someone you can obliterate in a Netbattle." muttered Jason.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:18 pm

Greg walked out of the bank, a piece of the wall fell off, the rest soon followed. It had gotten hit many times by beam cannons. This is because despite the power of the bank guards, who because of Greg's weapon thought him a hacker and a virus. Opon entering the bank Greg had forgotten to hide his weapon because of this the fight had occured between Greg and the bank guards. See they had a difference of opinon. The guards wanted Greg dead, Greg disagreed, and you know how heated an argument can get. Well this argument ended up with Black Hand switching with Greg and the complete distruction of 1st National, and all of the Guards within.

"We didn't have to kill them all..." Greg thought.

"They would've killed us!"

"That may be but what are we gonna do about the cops?"

"They never got to sound the alarm."

"I think the police are gonna know something's up when they realize that the 1st National Bank has been uteraly destroyed."

"We'll frame it on the net-mob that has been using that place to launder money."

"Okay I can live with that. Stupid robot guards. Let's get outta here before we have to explain our story to the cops. Let me take control."

"Okay here ya go Greg"

Greg hid his weapon and walked back home. Netbattlers would come to see if a virus had caused this and he didn't want to stay.

""Black Hand" let's go find a netbattler to fight."

"Okay"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 12/24/02 7:18:45 pm

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:26 pm

*After filing the report, he got a notification.*

<Starfall> "Hey boss, you got mail!"

"What?"

<Starfall> "Something happened at the bank. They want you to show up in person and log on from there. Apparently a viral navi, or just some hacker without any sense, marched in and got into a fight with the gaurds..."

"Well isn't that just great. I'll look into it."

*Grabbing a subway ticket to the downtown area, free on netbattle business, he heads over on one quick ride. Arriving and making his way quickly towards the bank.*

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:52 pm

Greg searched a bit but found no good netbattlers to fight, so he went to a restaurant with his weapon well hidden. It was a little outta-the-way Japanese restaurant.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:25 pm

"Didja hear that, Shade? That guy over there's looking for a quick NetBattle. Probably a newb."

"Of course I heard it. I was there."

"Well, we might as well oblige him."

"No argument here."

Jason walked up to Greg.

"So... You wanted a NetBattle?"

"Worst line ever." Shadestrike muttered.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:28 pm

"Say YES you moron," Black Hand yelled at Greg, who curently had control over the consious.

"I was going to say yes," Greg countered.

"Yes. I would like a netbattle, hope you don't mind these," Greg said as he pulled out his weapon.

"Let me take over. I'm better at fighting." Black Hand thought.

"Okay..."

Greg's voice got a little deeper.

"Are you ready?"

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:39 pm

Jason recoiled. He had to change his opinion of Greg, who was evidently an insane newb.

"Er... I sort of meant, you know, NetBattling. Like... with our Navis?"

"Humans are idiots. It's in your nature." said Shadestrike.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:00 pm

[OOC: sorry one of those things where I needed to have played the game... I'll play it off though. I've been thinking navi = weapon.]

"Sorry." Greg put back his weapon. And brought out his navi, midnight.

[OOC: What do I do? Plug it in?]

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:19 pm

OOC: Meep! Navi's are computer entities. Yes "Logging on" or "Jacking in" is the usual phrase. In this case, you would use a wire to connect your two navi holder, or "PETs" (Being a little square sort of oversized gameboy or something)... As for the whole "Hacker Class Weapon" thing, that applies to your navi, not to you. So, for the sake of keeping this continuous, you've just obliterated the computerized bank security system by logging on after using your special attack too recently (Which temporarily gives your navi a sort of criminal [viral] label)... Oh and navi means PC in Japanese, in this case it's more like an avatar in the purest sense, it's the you on the net (With weapons and virus killing powers! yay)

IC: *Arriving at the bank he logs on to the computer.*

<Starfall> "Holy crud. Somone did a number on this place. Surprised they didn't make off with all the Zenny (Money, computerized)"

"That confirms it then. Some newb hacker forgot to elminate viral traces after activating something. Very poor thinking. Well, there's not much we can do here. Luckily this program can re-boot easy. Go to it."

<Starfall> "Yeah boss."

*Starfall heads to the reset control and activates it, logging off as he does to avoid any collatoral damage from being in a reseting system.*

<Starfall> "That'll bring back the autos... But what about the Gaurd navis?"

"They keep backups of those. They'll be back online in a few minutes."

<Starfall> "Excellent, well I guess we're done here. BORING."

"Yeah yeah."

*Looks at his watch.*

"It's lunchtime... Hmm, I know there's a resturaunt around here somewhere. Bring up the map."

<Starfall> "Yeah, there's one. Kinda out of place in the business section."

"I guess you're right. But it'll do."

*He heads to the resturaunt and takes a table in the far right corner of the room, looking around at the sparsly populated area.*

"Well, would you look at that. Netbattling. Hmm, I'll see who wins after I eat."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:57 pm

[OOC: Thank you that clears up a lot.]

Greg plugged in his navi.

"Shall we begin," Greg bowed as he said this.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: The New Era (an MM: BN Freestyle RPG)Re: The New Era (an

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:46 pm

Jason shrugged. "Sure"

------------------------

Shadestrike sized up his opponent.
Doesn't look like a newb's navi... Might as well get started.
"Don't know why I bother asking, but do you want the first move or do you think you have a chance?"

Geocsuppi

Re: The New Era (an MM: BN Freestyle RPG)Re: The New Era (an

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:38 am

"You take it."

"You're to cocky if you ask me," Greg thought.

"Well no one asked you, now did they. Be quite I'm in a battle."

The Dark Gun

Re: Stuff (Cause it's shorter)

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:29 pm

He watched as the pair linked up. We shall see what we shall see... But in the mean time... He logs in to the electronic menu, rather than relying on a waiter. Let's see... That looks good.

"Starfall, number three if you would be so kind."

<Starfall> (wryly) "Yeaboss."

Edited by: The Dark Gun at: 12/29/02 11:30:51 am

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: Re: Stuff (Cause it's shorter)

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:50 pm

Shadestrike tensed up, as if preparing to attack. But then...
Three chips with the same code... Lucky draw for me.

[STEAL]
[CLOUDIEST]
Shade claimed more ground. With his opponent's space limited, he released the deadly Cloudiest chip. A cloud moved across a panel row, set to damage all who passed underneath it.
[PANELOUT3]
The panels in front of Mystery suddenly disappeared, cutting him off from Shade!

"Lesson one. Never refuse an advantage."

"Stop toying with the newb and attack. I'm getting hungry." sighed Jason.

(OOC: Just in case there's any confusion, MM:BN combat is NOT turnbased, so stopping to give your enemy time isn't a good idea.)

Edited by: RPGWWer ChronoCatfish at: 12/29/02 7:57:02 pm

Geocsuppi

Re: Re: Stuff (Cause it's shorter)

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:48 pm

[OOC:I'm assuming the stars are like action points, so how many action points do we get?]

The Dark Gun

Stars?

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:55 am

OOC: Stars? Wha? No, stars are just ratings of how powerful something is. The way things are set up right now, you can just go ahead and do, more or less, a wide range of things. It's quite freestyle, so I'm depending on you guys to NOT godmod all on your own... Just use what chips you think would be most useful, and go for it!

Geocsuppi

Re: Stars?

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:23 am

[Interupt]
[LifeAura]
[TimeBom3]

"Time to die my friend."

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:48 pm

Jason snickered.
"Not a very good tactician, are you? Good chips, though. Want to place a wager on this battle?"

--------------------------------------
Shadestrike ran forward and slashed the TimeBomb into non existence.
"You're cut off from me, with Cloudiest at your back, and you taunt me."
[Tenvisible]
Shade shot upwards, out of view, to wait the LifeAura out.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:23 pm

"No I perfer to keep my pocketbook out of my nettbattles."

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:18 pm

"Ah." said Jason. "You're afraid you'll lose."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:40 am

"Assume what you will, I will not argue."

[LongSwrd]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 1/3/03 12:01:19 am

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:29 pm

(OOC: Um... Geocsuppi? Would you mind describing your attacks? I mean, with Shade far above, and the panels in front of Mystery having been destroyed, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:26 pm

[OOC: from the beginning, or last post? Edit Okay then who attacks, me or my navi, midnight? Like for a sword attack.]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 1/1/03 5:34:26 pm

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:17 pm

(OOC: The other ones sort of made sense, but your most recent post is what I don't get. And your Navi does the fighting, you can just call instructions down if neccessary.)

Edited by: RPGWWer ChronoCatfish at: 1/2/03 10:45:33 am

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:10 pm

OOC: Well, as far as I can see the set up is this: There is a hole in the field a little over halfway through it, running fully across, of disrupted data. CC is in control of the larger half, but his coming chip is interfeared with from the interrupt. There is also a timebomb he must destroy rapidly, or else take quite significant damage. A wide sword would be useless at this point as the data hole seperating the pair would prevent all one length attacks (Which Wide-Sword is, 1 long, and 3 wide) The battlefield is, in fact, 9x3 currently, but the 6th row (From CC's side) is broken (Or the 5th row on Geo's) giving CC 5 coloums to move in, and Geo 3, with a bar of damage data between, each has 3 rows to move in as well.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:26 am

[OOC: Thank you.]

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:21 pm

OOC: Well CC, you can respond to that now, a Long Sword would reach across the gap...

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:31 pm

Shade recoiled from the longsword hit.
Damn... I must be losing my touch.

"I think he's used his ranged chip!" yelled Jason. "Armageddon, then start bombing him!"

Shade quickly moved to line himself up with Midnight, getting the distance right. Then...
[Geddon2]
All the tiles not being stood on suddenly dropped from view, leaving Midnight and Shadestrike a few panels apart, with barely any space for movement.
[BusterBomb]
Shadestrike's sword immediately changed into a launcher, and he started lobbing bombs at Midnight.

----------------------------------------

"So," said Jason, "While my Navi painstakingly finished yours off, mind telling me where you found that LifeAura chip?

The Dark Gun

Oogly...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:14 pm

OOC: Who ate Geo? Hmm... Question CC... What ARE you going to do about that 100 HP aura of his anyways? busterbomb only does 50...

Geocsuppi

Re: Oogly...

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:45 pm

[OOC: GOMENASI!!! Sorry!!!]

[Yo-Yo3]

Midnight stayed silent and thoughtfull.

The Dark Gun

Re: Oogly...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:37 pm

*Having finished his meal, he looked over at the other two, still deeply engaged in their navi battle.*

"Well, that's sure taking a while."

<Starfall> "You said it. Amatures."

"Hey now, just because they're slow doesn't mean anything. They could just both be really really talented..."

*The pair laughs.*

<Starfall> "Yeah, and pigs have wings."

"Well, there was that virus last week..."

<Starfall> "That HARDLY counts. I mean really. What idiot made that anyways?"

"I have no idea... Let's find out who wins and give them a little... challenge, eh?"

<Starfall> "With pleasure."

The Dark Gun

Would one C_C please report to the main office?

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:45 pm

OOC: There's somone who wants to see you post, Mr. C_C... Please hasten!

Holy crud! I'm two people at once! And with the same name, no less... How'd that happen?

Edited by: The Dark Gun&nbsp; Image at: 2/5/03 10:46:12 pm

Return to Other RPs