MAC: Special Forces

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Taiar

MAC: Special Forces

Unread postby Taiar » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:42 pm

Snowflakes kissed the ground softly as they fell from heaven, dancing in the wind before their graceful step upon the streets and sidewalks, the buildings and cars, the people and animals. The civilians of Nimbus City, Beau of Argovia bundled up in the cold, to fend the frigid night temperatures. Street lights dimly lit the concrete, spotlights illuminating only what is seen fit by their creators. TVs in store windows flash with news of the days happenings, telling stories of kidnappings and murders, one such kidnapping victimizing the Wife of the CEO of Chi-Kien industries, Hung-Mau. Putting out a plea of help to the local police force and calling attention to a 7 million yuro award for her safe return, Chi-Kien puts his company on indefinate hold until she is in his arms again.

Eyes scan the horizon of the technological city, perusing each square inch for something unknown. The fingers of this figure drum dully against the arm of his chair as his brain works carefully. A minute of silence passes before the body sits up straight again, young and fit, and swivels his chair to face a solemn man at head of the office.

"...Bring me Jiru Blanchine, Elenza Baseton and Tyne Silmire. Tell them to report to my office for a very personal meeting."

"...Yes Sir." The solemn man bowed silently and left, running the layout of this enormous office through his head, shooting ranges, recreational facilties, cafeterias, gyms, bedrooms, the works. He would search each of the requested out carefully and efficiently, no matter the location.

The man left at the desk sighed and flipped on a desk light. A small silky grey ponytail hung down from behind his head. His hair color did nothing to represent his age though, face without wrinkles and body without weakness. The light reflected off a triangular prism labeled with a silver plate, words etched into the face.

"Chi-Kien - CEO''

<center>*************</center>

The headquarters of the Beau Law Authority Headquarters was a swirl of busy officers and criminals. Papers were strewn everywhere; on the floor, desks, stuffed unceremoniously in file cabinets. This was no conventional police office. It was no conventional policing organization either. It was more a collection of mercenaries serving the common goal of keeping Beau safe and profitable for buisnesses and tourists. Such was the history of Beau and her mercs. "Even the mercs are capitalists" was a common saying among foreigners to describe Beau's economic standing and practices.

Looking out of her window, glasses perched on her nose was the "curly red haired devil" as she was affectionately called by her subordinates. Her name tag read "Chief Le Mont". It was her duty to run and oversee all that happened in the BLAH and right now she had a mess on her hands.
Chi-Kien's offer of 7 million yuro could not be overlooked. She could do a lot with that money to make the BLA more respected in Beau and Argovia. Right now everything was haphazard, chaotic, and improvised. Everyday she strived to change that.

Morgan Le Mont walked over to her intercom and pushed aside the folder containing the mission brief typed by herself personally.

"Intercom on." The red light blinked on and beamed at her. She took a deep breath. "Officer D. Ahram, Lieutenant J. Kiln, and Officer K. Rags, please see me immediately." .....Morgan turned her back on the intercom, a few seconds later it bleeped off.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/02 11:53:15 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

*plays Turks theme*

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:45 am

There were only two places the rather elusive Jiru could be found.

Today the regulars filled the shooting range, peppering the different shaped targets with sprays of gunfire. The training simulators were busy too, though not to the point of lines. The corporation somehow always had that special way of accomodating everyone perfectly in their availability.

However Jiru was not to be found here.

Outside on her small patio out of her personal room Jiru stood, a cigarrette held between her fingers as she gazed out over the city, the steam from her breath and smoke from her Kalmiahtiden lights mingling together in the air. She wore a tan trenchcoat over her normal clothes, a sleevless dull green vest and beige combat pants.The trenchcoat was open, blowing slightly whenever the winter wind soared. The cold didn't bother her the least bit, being a Valthi she was raised to be accustomed to it. A sash was strung accross her chest. Blue hair hung about her face, cropped short to her neck, her dark eyes stared out over the city.

She frowned for a moment, closing her eyes, speaking out, without turning around. She knew he was there. "So the boss wishes to see me?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/02 11:50:11 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: MAC: Special Forces

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:35 am

Amidst the chaos, one head turned at the summons. Black hair framed a face best described as intense. Despite being short at 5'6", she radiated a certain presence which more than compensated. It had been a busy day for Julia, and a call to the chief's office was hardly likely to change that.

Her life here was a far cry from the politics and manoeuvring amongst which she had grown up, but many of the skills required were the same.

Only a short minute had gone by before Julia arrived at the chief's office, knocking politely at the door.

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:26 am

Even above the constant dull roar of the main floor, a curse could be heard a moment after the announcement had rang across the intercom.

Kelfen Rags euphoric state was brought to a crashing halt as he heard the summons to the Chiefs office. He grabbed a Scour patch and slapped it against his neck, and then a second on his chest just below the heart for good measure. He hoped that the chemicals in the patches could clean his blood of the Burnout he had just injected. He already felt the energy building inside him and winced, he'd told the Chief he's been cutting back, but hise encounter earlier that day with the Grushgoe the Slashed had definatly left him in need of a pick-me-up.

With a deep sigh he stood back up and looked at himself in the mirror. He sighed again as he saw his reflection, he looked bad, worse than normal. Dried blood was splattered along one of his sleeves, his coat was pocked with bullet holes and he needed a shave. He ran his hand though his black and blue dyed hair and looked a little closer. Tiny black veins had formed around the edges of his eyes, a sure sigh he hadn't caught the shot of Burnout in time, the chief was going to be pissed. Kelfen slipped on his sunglasses hoping the chief wouldn't notice the blackness around his eyes.

After checking the knots on the worn bandanas tied around his arms and just above his elbows, he stepped out of his little office, onto the main floor. Kelfen pulled a battered pack of Lolo sticks from his pocket only to find he only had one left. Life wasn't getting easier. He stuck the stick in his mouth and flicked his lighter to life. Inhaling deeply of the semi-narcotic smoke he headed towards the chief's office. On reaching the door he saw someone had beat him there. Giving her the quick once over, he recognized her from her backside, as he had admired it in the past. Kelfen let out a little whistle to himself and came up behind her. "Julia right? Do you know what the fuck this is about?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:15 am

"Your guess is as good as mine," Julia said, turning to face the newcomer. Her first instinct upon getting a look at him was to throw him in a holding cell. If nothing else, he looked like he could use the rest.

And who in their right mind wears sunglasses indoors at night? Still, Rags was - at least nominally - on her side. "You look like hell, Rags," she said by way of greeting. But then, Rags always looked like hell. It was his major identifying feature. Today seemed a bit worse than usual, though.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:48 pm

Elenza Baseton sat in her room, peering over the top of her glasses at the computer's screen as she typed up her report on last week's mission.

Should never have left it this late... Damn those discos and their never ending supply of hot, single men...

The computer emitted an automated message as a memo flashed up on the screen.

Hmm...it's marked urgent. Let's see...

Her tired eyes flickered over the message within. Not troubling to shut down the computer, she saved her report and hastened out of the room.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:41 pm

Dago swept through the office with the usual grace, neatly sidestepping a pile of unattended paperwork. He couldn't blame whoever was in charge of the stack of recycled tree pulp for procrastination, he himself being no great fan of paper work.

As he rounded another desk, he caught sight of two other officers waiting on the devil's doorstep. Didn't know who they were, and didn't particularly care. If this was a job summons, the two of them would be about as competent as he was. Either that, or he'd been letting his standards slip.

He walked up to the duo, nodding at them once as he spoke.

"Heya. Kiln and Rags, right?"

Elementalist Daien

Sorry for being late. >_>

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:56 pm

Tyne Silmire sat, as he usually did, on a chair facing one of the many computer's screens which formed part of the Chi-Kien network. However, unlike most of his time, he was not typing at it, since he had finished what he was working at long ago.He was rather surprised as he recieved the summoning to the office...

"I wonder what Chi-Kien would want of me, of all people..." he wondered.

Tyne stood up, brushing off the fluff from his business suit, which he preferred to use as long as long as he wasn't on any mission. If he's doing a job like that, there was no way he wouldn't be appropriately dressed. He set the computer to switch off, and left, not waiting for it to do so, to find out what Chi-Kien's reason for summoning him was...

Nekogami

Re: Sorry for being late. >_>

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:15 pm

Le Mont flung open her door and looked sternly at each of them. She turned to the side to let them enter. After they filed in she shut the door and pulled the blinds closed.

"I have a very special mission for you three," She said walking to her desk. She perched herself at the corner and ran her fingers through her curls.

"Chi Kien, CEO of CKIndustries, is missing a wife and offering a nice large sum for her safe return. Seven million yuros, to be more precise. That's money that can be used for the betterment of this facility and her officers."

She paused look at them pausing at Kelfen. She held her gaze on him " I don't need to tell you how important this is." She tossed a manilla folder at Julia. "The dossier for Mrs. Hung Mau Chi-Kien. I suspect foul play."

Taiar

Whee Whee Apprenticeship...

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:07 pm

After gathering the requested, the solemn man led them to the elevator, holding the door and pushing a button...

Top Floor, The specious elevator room gradually slowed to a stop, a bell sounding out to the four occupants of the glass-windowed quarters, telling them they had reached the end of the line. The door split in the middle and pulled themselves away from each other, opening up to an incredibly large room, in the shape of a half circle. All the walls and most of the floors toook the forms of windows which over looked that city, capturing the sparkling lights in the view. The dome roof held the ropes of several fluorescent lights, dimly lighting the single long metal walkway that led to a desk in similar tastes.

The unnamed man walked the 3 people to their seats and left quickly, shutting himself in the elevator and descending.

Chi-Kien tapped his mechanical pencil against a clip board twice then stopped, turning his head to Jiru, Elenza, and Tyne.

"Thank you for taking the time from your schedules to see me on such short notice. I called you here for a rather personal assignment...As you may or may not know, my wife was recently kidnapped. Her location has been narrowed down to a floor in the building of Advanced MagiTechnology Intelligence's Main Offices. You three have never failed a mission yet, and always perform with ruthless accuracy. So I ask of you to finish the kidnappers' job and exterminate Hung-Mau, No questions, Tell no one. Of course...All three of you would be rewarded handsomely for your efforts if this were to succeed..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Whee Whee Apprenticeship...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:13 pm

Elenza was careful to keep her face expressionless. It was not her job to question orders - at least, not unless she wanted to face the same fate as Hung-Mau. Besides, she hadn't got into this job by being the type to think too much about the morality of her assignments.

'I thank you for your confidence in my abilities, sir. I shall not fail you. What resources are available to us?'

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Whee Whee Apprenticeship...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:43 pm

Jiru smirked, she was already aware of the situation with her employer's wife as far as the kidnapping was concerned. She regretted that the company had practically come to a halt since the incident, but she knew with absolute certainty she'd be called to the matter, though she was a bit surprised at the solution Chi-Kien had come up with. However, money was money.

"What sort of figure are we looking at, reward wise of course..." she started quite rudely after Elenza, quickly wiping the smirk from her face, eyeing Chi-Kien, "From what I've heard a 7 million yuro reward is offered for her safe return..." she smirked again, lowering her head a little, "The special treatment you have requested must indeed cost a bit...extra..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/2/02 5:48:34 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Sorry for being late. >_>

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:39 am

Julia nodded as she perused the dossier. Under the circumstances, foul play was almost a certainty. This was not going to be an easy assignment. If it had been, the CEO simply would have set his hired goons to the task.

"We'll do our best, chief," she said. And perhaps, in the doing, I can finally lay some of those personal demons to rest.

Lord McBastard

Roll up a spliff and drowse away the day

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:03 am

Kelfen almost imperceptiably winced as the Chiefs eyes stayed on him. She'd noticed, he just knew it. Maybe he could duck out of this before something worse happened.

"Important, yeah Chief, but I'm just muscle. I'm no good in this touchy feely negotiation and investigation stuff." He took a long drag on his Lolo stick the slight buzz made him feel a little better "I've got other cases the Block Five Vamps are still out and about, my contact with the Synd turned up dead, and that rat eating shit pile Grushgoe got away, again".

Life wasn't easy.

Nekogami

Re: Roll up a spliff and drowse away the day

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:55 am

Le Mont let a slow growl com from her throat. She slammed her fist on the dest rattling a clock. She also caused a pile of paper to fall on the floor, further enhancing her rage.

"DAMMIT, RAGS!" She barked. "This is seven million yuros here! Do you even know what we can do with that kind of money?? Well, I'll tell you this, it doesn't involve Ashura-damn-it-all drugs!" She stood up and straightened the blazer of her jacket. She sighed and tried to remain calm. The devil had been aroused. "Look...It's not about a vendetta....or anything like that...We here all started out the same. Mercenaries. So right now...it's about the money. Fuck, Chi-Kien's sentimental, lovey-dovey crap! Backwards bastard had it comin'." She ran her fingers through her hair, hissing.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:14 am

Tyne nodded slowly, keeping anything he wanted to ask stirred inside him. Those were the orders, and he wasn't going to question them, even if, deep down, he knew he wasn't exactly going to be jumping with happiness at the thought of killing the CEO's wife under his orders.

He decided to keep silent, at the risk of saying something he shouldn't, but his insecurity was rather obvious... All the same, he promised to himself he'd try to keep to the mission, as any less would result in trouble...

Trying to take his mind off of it, Tyne asked a few questions:

"What details do we have of the place? And... I suppose this would be a stealth mission, right...?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:41 pm

Elenza gave Jiru a look of dissaproval, then turned on Tyne, giving him the "Well thankyou, Mr. State-the-obvious" expression that she saved for just these sorts of occasions.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:40 pm

Dago peered over Julia's shoulder, scanning the contents of the dossier casually.

"So, who's responsible for this little fiasco? Have the goons given out a name yet, and do we know how many of them there are?"

He silently hoped that there wouldn't be too many. With just three of them, they'd have to be careful not to alert too many of the kidnappers as it was, regardless of numbers. But if they did trip up somewhere, he didn't want to be wailed on by half a dozen rifles at once.

Lord McBastard

Strange weeds a flutter in your mind.

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:51 pm

Keflen blanched at the tirade and shifted unconfortably in his chair. "I know what I can do with that kind of money" he muttered. Looks like he was stuck in it, the Chief had set her mind and it would take a rampaging Shadowstorm to change her mind. Before the chief come back with a cutting retort Dago's question cut her off. Kelfen was truely thankful for that.

Nekogami

Re: Strange weeds a flutter in your mind.

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:14 pm

Le Mont looked over at Dago and nodded. "We know she's being kept at AMT Industies's Program Development Center on the north side of Nimbus City. Their's been a lot of competition between Chi-Kien and AMT's headchair, Damian Silvarus but for once Chi-Kien is on the recieving end of terrorism."

Le Mont snatched a paper from the dossier and gave it to Dago. It should a young silver haired black-blue drow. "This is Silvarus. He likes to use his money to push people around usually but I guess Chi-Kien had him against the ropes. Don't know how many goons he employs but this has to be as covert as possible. I don't want another Wingates Fiasco on my hands."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/3/02 4:16:55 pm

Jak Snide

Hmm...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:32 pm

Dago nodded. He didn't want to be part of another Wingates Fiasco either.

"Right. So, are our orders strictly seek and rescue?"

Knowing Chi-Kien, he wouldn't be surprised if there was an added bonus going for causing some havoc while they were in there. Or on their way out, rather. On the other hand, the big man wouldn't want to put his wife in any more danger than necessary than he had to, so he'd probably laid such extras aside for now.

"Say, you know why he isn't sending in some of his own arm-twisters? They've got far more experience with this sort of corporate warfare. Not that I'm complaining at all, miss."

Taiar

...Laaaazy meee....

Unread postby Taiar » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:16 pm

Chi-Kien glanced at the three members of this personal negotiating team and chuckled humorously, leaning back and sighing, dropping his professional facade.

"I thought we weren't gonna ask questions...But, I guess I can answer a few, Yes?"

Turning his head and clearly addressing Elenza first, Chi-Kien waved a hand over the length of his desk. "Everything. This is an important and private mission, and you have access to everything in the armory. That includes all the communications equipment you three may need, stealth, weapons, preferably silenced, etc."

Glancing to Tyne next, the CEO put the clipboard on the table and slid it over to him, the wooden plank sailing surprisingly well over the metal surface. "We have floor plans. The guard routes and hours is something you'll have to figure out yourself...Along with passageways and air ducts. Sorry we couldn't supply you better."

Swiveling his whole chair to Jiru last, Chi-Kien grinned a bit and shook his head. "You'd think bringing someone back dead would produce less money..." He chuckled a bit, sighing at the end. "...But it seems I have that in excess anyways...You can pick the form of your reward at the end. I don't want to restrict any of you...10 Million Yuro Bonus, Captain of your own little squadron...Whatever you'd like, within reason of course."

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: ...Laaaazy meee....

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:47 pm

The Valthi smirked, completely ignoring the gazes of her teammates, "Ah, I'm sure I'll think of something in the end once this job is done." Of course, in her mind, it already was, there was no question at all she would succeed. Valthi never failed, especially the ones of her lineage. I'll have to visit Dr. Red beforehand, and pick up the Silencer of course... She beamed inwardly just thinking about her special Valthi mech and stood, glancing down at the microwatch on her wrist.

"I'm going to prepare. I suggest the two of you meet me in the mech bay at 1600 hours." she announced to the other members haughtily before whirling around to the door.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/4/02 1:33:07 am

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:48 pm

Tyne nodded and raised the clip board to him, examining the floor layout. While it wasn't the maximum, it would sure help...

His ears perked up visibly as Chi-Kien addressed Jiru's question. That amount of money was extremely... Interestering, and he slowly regained his interest in doing the mission. He idly wondered how much money Chi-Kien would have to give those amounts away, but decided that he doesn't really care, as long as he gets his pay and does his job...

He then turned, and looked at Jiru's direction for a few seconds, even after she left. He smiled, then turned his gaze back to the clipboard.

This is promising to be very... interesting.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 12/3/02 7:51:33 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Strange weeds a flutter in your mind.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:52 am

Julia listened quietly. Dago was covering the relevant points, and raised a good question. It would be just like Chi-Kien to entice the BLA into providing a distraction for his own forces.

A kidnapping like this was tantamount to an open declaration of war. "Do we have any idea what Silvarus hoped to gain from this? Extortion would be the obvious answer, but..." Julia shrugged as she tried to put her thoughts into words. A world in which power came before all else, even family. Sheer cold-blooded ruthless calculation tempered only by the need to present a smiling public face.

This was the problem with trying to unravel corporate politics. It was a shadowy world of triple-bluff at its lowest levels. Perhaps it would be simplest to just stick to the mission. Even if it meant playing into someone's hands.

Lord McBastard

Revolution make your mind flow free.

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:09 am

"Who cares about motive?" Kelfen said as the pure rush of Burnout hit him like a ton of bricks "We know where they are. We bust in, blaze them into Resh's waiting arms!". He could probably do it alone, these two would slow him down. He'd blitz to Block Five and ice the Vamps on his way to AMT Industries.

"Shit! This was sent all over town! The're could be teams already on the way there! We'll have to smoke them before they get there! Luce! They'll be comming out of the woodwork for this one, we have to move!" Kelfen half shouted. His mind was working alot faster than his mouth though, it might be simpler to wait for another team to do the dirty work of rescue, then ice them on their way to collect the money.

He'd probably have to ditch these losers, they'd be too concerned over the kidnappers M.O. What the hell does M.O. stand for again? Kelfen puzzled over this for a few moments as a euphoric energy poured through him.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

*Puts Rags in the jacket of endless hugs*

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:45 am

"Rags! Get a hold of yourself. Our advantage does not lie in unreasoning brute force." What had the chief been thinking? Sure, from what she'd heard, Rags was good in a fight, but hopped up on at least three different narcotics at once...

The man's grasp on reality could charitably be called tenuous. And this man had been selected for an important mission requiring stealth?

Knowing it was probably futile, she tried to reason with him. "If we burst in there with blazing guns, the first thing they will do is shoot her. I doubt that Chi-Kien is going to pay 7 million for his wife's dead body."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Oh bugger.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:44 pm

Elenza nodded as she stood, turned, and left the CEO's office. It was only when she was safely away and back in her room - the only area of the building she knew not to be monitored by anyone but herself - that she let the frown appear on her face. In her mind, the fact that Chi-Kien had put the matter of pay off until the mission was complete could only mean one thing, and she didn't like it one bit. They were to complete the dirty deed, and then they would be eliminated under false pretenses to tie up all the loose ends.

Returning to her computer, she set aside the report, and set her mind to thinking about how she would survive this...

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit&nbsp; Image at: 12/4/02 4:18:18 pm

Nekogami

Re: Oh bugger.

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:20 pm

Outside the sounds of the night, bottles breaking, yelling, and laughter started to begin; the sun barely close to the horizon. The lights of the numerous sounds could seen blinking through the blinds. Rush hour for BLA would start soon.

Le Mont sighed and sat down at her desk while the three conversed. "I'll leave all the answers to you. All I can see is the Chi-Kien must have started to push AMT Industries to close down. He's been forcing shutdown from rival companies all over the place.

"AMT.....Advanced Magi-Technology.....Chi-Kien must want to move into programming to complete it monopoly on robotics. At any rate, Silvarus isn't backing down so we'll have to make him. All may be fair in love and war but it is the duty of the BLA to make sure justice is served...And we serve it cold."

She smiled and looked at Julia. "Liutenant, I'll leave execution of this case up to you. Aghram, I picked you because your knowledge of guns will probably be of used here. You can use anything in BLA's arsenal though you might have a little something of you own.......Rags." Le Mont gave him a cold hard stare.

"You have caused almost as much havoc as you've stopped. Your gungho tactics are irresponsible. I should have you jailed indefinitely or removed for your constant used of Burnout. The only reason I keep you around is because I wouldn't trust anyone else to go into a dangerous situation and come out with not so much as a scratch, you lucky bastard." She gave a small smile. "Your LUCK rather than your skill is legendary and you get the job done one hundred percent of the time.....Good luck." She turned around in her chair to signal that the meeting was officially over.

Jak Snide

Little ticket to heaven.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:48 pm

Dago didn't waste any time. He'd been given full access to all the pretty trinkets that the people in charge of the BLA's arsenal liked to keep their little mitts on. He wasn't going to pass up this little gem of an opportunity.

He turned slowly and walked out of the office, hiding the glee that he felt inside. He'd scope out just how much he could swindle out of munitions storage, then track down this Liutenant and see what she planned to have him and the heat freak do.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:18 pm

Tyne was the last one to leave the CEO's office, just after Elenza. He decided to enjoy the time before the mission in the way he liked best... Sitting on a chair on his own, enjoying a glass of wine... He found that it gave him courage for the missions, and, according to him, wine was a godsend.

He hoped it will be all over soon. Missions like this were not quite his favourite job.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Little ticket to heaven.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:05 pm

Julia spent very little time in the armoury. By and large, she relied upon her magic in combat situations. Still, no harm in taking a few little items along. Just in case, of course.

Her next stop was the garage, where she ran a quick check on her suit. All seemed to be in order there, she soon decided, bolting the auxiliary battery pack into place. The bulky item would severely hamper the suit's combat ability, but would greatly extend the lifespan of the stealth field. If need be, she could always jettison it.

The rest of her time was spent in her office, examining not only the documents the chief had provided, but also the records of her partners.

As she went over the blueprints of Silvarus' facility, the outlines of a plan began to crystalise.

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:15 am

Kelfen sulked out at the twin rebukes he'd suffered during that meeting. Though that quickly burned away under the narcotic river of joyful energy. In the armoury he was like a kid in a candy store, he crammed a dozen specialty clips into his combat harness within a few moments of being in the large room. Complementing his various holdout weapons, he took a pair of knives with mono-molecular edges, storing one in his boot and the other in his wrist sheath. Two silencers with flash suppresserors joined the clips on his harness.

He stopped dead in his searching as he came across a very rare gauss needler. They weren't rare to say they were hard to come by, they were terribly expensive. He slid it into the third holster at the small of his back that he'd never found a use for. A couple of needle cases and an equal number of energy packs. With a manical grin he left the armoury, nothing was going to stop him now.

He was able to find Julia's office with not too much trouble. He knocked lightly on the door frame and said "So are we going or what?".

Things were about to get interesting.

Jak Snide

Wheee!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:41 pm

He was like a small child in a toy store, gazing around with a look of glee and wonder in his eyes. Everywhere he saw little pretties, masterfully crafted tools. And all for the taking.

His keepsake was by his side, as always. It never left it's holster. But circumstances called for him to adopt a wider range of weaponry. His hand skimmed a rack of pistols, quickly snatching up the one he was after. Reliable, well built and silenced, the Mirkson .45C was the perfect sidearms for covert operations. He snatched two hand fulls of spare clips as he moved over to the next division, the weapon he desired already in mind.

The Azuma Tactical Machine Pistol, capable of spraying an area with 30 rounds of 9mm lead death in under 3 seconds. And it could be fitted with a silencer. Not any good for blowing through armour, but he had the Samson for that. Only 7 bullets a clip, but enough power to drop a man with a single shot.

He swiped a few clips for the ATMP as he headed towards the door, feeling a little weighed down under all the weaponry now, but not any worse from it.

"Weaponry, check. Meet with CO for mission, in progress."

He headed for Julia's office.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I have a brilliant and cunning plan...

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:41 pm

"Soon enough, Rags. As soon as Dago arrives, we can go over the plan." They didn't have long to wait for Dago, who arrived looking quite cheerful. Boys and their toys, she thought sardonically.

"Well then, gentlemen, let's get down to business," Julia said, turning her monitor so they could all see. "We enter by the roof, using stealth suits." A touch of a key, and a yellow line appeared through the wireframe, tracing a path from an access hatch on the roof to a more central location. "The main security center," she said, pointing to the line's terminus, "From here, we can find out exactly where Mrs Chi-Kien is being held, and monitor the building. Somebody will stand watch here, while the other two retreive her. Once we've got her, we leave the way we came in. Comments?"

Hopefully they'd be able to do this without killing anyone. But if it comes down to us or them, I know which I'll choose.

Jak Snide

...but not as cunning as a fox.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:56 pm

Dago frowned. Things wouldn't be simple at all.

"Finding her's one thing, getting to her, let alone getting her out, is another. CK advertised the reward publicly, which means they'll know people will be coming to rescue her. Which means that they'll have tight security."

He looked over the plans, trying to figure things out in his head.

"We'll need to find a way to distract security to get to her, unless you'd have us charging in, guns blazing. Miss."

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:50 pm

Kelfen scanned the monitor quickly and shrugged, he didn't get what thet were saying. "I like that one, the guns blazing one" he said. All this thinking anbout a simple retrieval job, if the hostage got winged in the fight, that wasn't a huge deal it'd happened before.

His answer was probably to simple for the corporate geography of the world today. They wanted layer and layers. Kelfen sighed slightly and recalled the old days, but it wouldn't be the old days if it were the future.............what the hell was he talking about?

Kelfen puzzled over that for a time.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: ...but not as cunning as a fox.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:30 pm

Well, no gaping holes picked in the basic plan. Not that she'd expected any.

Julia found her eyes drawn, almost involuntarily, to Rags. The man was a walking distraction in and of himself. If he were to be tasked with deliberately causing a distraction...

The word 'mayhem' sprang to mind.

"There are two options that I've considered," she said. "The first is to have Rags here pose as a disgruntled ex-employee of our good friend Mr. Silvarus and go on a shooting spree." It was the sort of assignment Rags would relish, although getting him not to shoot to kill could be tricky. "The second is to set off a fire alarm and go in under the confusion, which will require some hacking expertise." They could probably talk one of the techs into providing them with a preset device of some kind.

"Both of these have certain drawbacks, and I'm quite open to alternatives."

Nekogami

To help you guys out.

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:01 pm

Jak Snide

Wooo! Info!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:06 pm

"Well, one benefit of the reward Chi-Kien offered being public knowledge is that someone else has gotta be after it as well. If we could find some other group who's willing to go in, we could use them as a distraction. Of course, that isn't going to be easy."

He paused, looking over the blueprints.

"We could go blind from the roof entrance to the Info Centre. It might double as a security centre, being on the top floor and all. If it is, from there we should be able to manipulate things enough so that we can create holes in the security around Mrs CK. If not, we can see how much info we can pull out of it, which would hopefully include something useful, like patrol schedules, or perhaps more accurate blueprints."

"Bloody corporate weasels." he thought to himself. Corporations were required to give blue prints of their buildings to the BLA for security and law enforcement purposes, but said floor maps were almost never complete, displaying the minimum info needed for them to be valid in the BLA's eyes.

Next

Return to Other RPs