MAC: Special Forces

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
LadyDragonClawsEDW

Equipment, yay

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:42 pm

As Jiru entered the elevator, she slipped a small card out of her sash, sliding it into a special slot right underneath the buttons.

"Time to pay the good doctor a visit..." The elevator descended down to the first floor, then the basement, then to yet another floor below the basement before opening into a rather extensive laboratory beneath the building. "Dr. Red, are you here...?"

"Mmmyes..." came a mutter from the back of the lab, a tall lady standing to peer over the test tubes. Long red hair was pulled behind her into a neat ponytail, a pair of glasses resting upon the bridge of her nose, "Ah Jiru, you have a new mission do you not?"

"Yes yes this is correct..." she waved her hand dismissvly, "Have you finished synthesizing the new PCP powder yet?"

"Indeed, the new products induce hallucinations for 43% longer than the previous versions, it also has a much faster induction time-"

"Does it work on the aquatic races any faster?" she interrupted rather impatiently.

"Unforutnately no, the delay for reaction in sushijin, sirens, and masujin remains the same."

"Hmph, well I'll have to use the water tiger strain against those instead..." she muttered softly. A pair of dragonic red ears upon the scientist twitched.

"You know the use of that drug is highly illegal."

"You of all people should not be preaching to me of what is highly illegal.." the Valthi smirked.

Dr. Red snorted, "I suppose you are also here to pick up The Silencer, correct?'

"Yes, this I am. You repaired the left M.O.F projector correct?"

An unesasy look crossed the womans face, "Yes Blanchine, I did. The chemicals you requested are on the third table to the left, including some Brainpain neurotoxin I've isolated. You'll find them on the third workbench to the left."

Jiru smirked, "Perfect for daggers and bullets...thank you for your assistance as always.." with that she moved to collect the items the doctor had laid out for her, slipping them into various compartments in her sash, then departed for the mech bay.

Lord McBastard

Re: MAC: Special Forces

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:06 am

"Calling in help's not a bad idea, but not from another team" said Kelfen, it was just like the street, if you needed help you'd get help, for a price. "We need some under the table help, who couldn't collect on the reward even if they wanted too" he said somewhat uneasily. Even now when he had been playing on this side of the law for almost a year, his past came back to haunt him, though it could be worse, much worse.

"I could probably convince my old running mates in the Deadheads to jack in on a data raid to the ATM Industries building. While most of the kidnappers are dealing with two dozen gangers whacked out on Goofballs, we blitz in through the roof ice the kidnappers, and back out again before they knew who it was" the burnout high was gone replaced with a slow crushing depression, but he was thinking straight.

He wondered how the old gang was doing? Was Joey One-eye still alive? Did he kill Joey One-eye or was that Deadeye Jonny? Then he remebered that temporary memory loss was a side effect of Burnout. He wondered why he forgot.

Jak Snide

Hehehe...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:18 pm

Dago nodded. Rags' idea worked for him. After all, what did he care if some junkies got wasted? Might as well make them useful while they were about.

"Sounds good. Is that okay with you, miss?"

He looked to Julia, checking if his CO had any problems with this.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Short post

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:58 pm

"Sounds fine," Julia said, nodding, "It should be just the thing we need.

Jak Snide

Everything is falling into place...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:26 pm

Dago nodded again. Things were sounding good.

"Alright, so is our plan complete, assuming that Rags' recruitment drive is successful?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Back with Elenza...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:45 pm

Elenza frowned at the screen of her computer. In front of her was all the information she could easily gather that she felt was relevant to the mission, as well as some information she planned to read that might help her make good her escape when the time came.

But it still wasn't enough. The more important information lay hidden in the computer system of their target.

Elenza stood and stretched, then walked over to the small refrigeration unit in her wall. Opening it up, she pulled out a foil drink pack, not bothering to check what it contained.

She sat down again and rapped her fingers on the table in front of her.

I wonder how secure the system is...? No matter. I can hack it.

She opened the drink and took a swig.

...And barely managed to avoid spitting it all over her computer.

Why the hell do I have prune juice in my fridge!?!?

Elementalist Daien

Stuff.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:20 pm

Tyne idly looked at his watch, and stood up. It was time to go prepare himself. However, his preparation was a bit different...

He took out a book, and flipped through it for a few minutes. Magic was one of the (few) things he knew he was good at, and he was always one who encouraged magic usage. Why use all those weaponry when you could do the same using just your own abilities?

... Not that weapons were anything wrong. Technology was something which was important in everyday life, and even in things such as this. Which is why Tyne was always for Magitek. What could beat the best of both worlds?

That said, Tyne's preparation consisted of revising his spells, and a trip to his personal weapons cache, which consisted of a silenced pistol and a dagger. What more could be needed for a stealth mission?

After readying himself, Tyne walked towards Elenza's office. She was probably the one who would have the entire plans for the operation, and ...

Anyway, Tyne walked towards Elenza's office,tapped twice on the door and called: "Elenza? You there?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Stuff.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:59 pm

Elenza blinked and looked up at the door.

Why is he here? Ah well...

'Give me a minute!' She called, finishing reading the last of the documents she had pulled from the server. Then she went to the door, taking off her glasses and leaving them on top of a cabinet as she did so. From the corridor, the door would only open if your hand print was IDed by a sensor on the wall nearby, or if you were let in by someone on the inside. From the inside, it was programmed to open automatically once you were within a few feet.

It slid open soundlessly as she walked back to her desk and sat down on her chair.

'You have five seconds to enter before it closes again. Try not to get trapped.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:19 pm

Tyne made a surprised expression as Elenza told him that, but was quick enough to jump in before the door closed. He turned around, and looked intently at the door for a few seconds

"... Gah, damned doors. I swear, I've gotten the tip of my suit stuck on these doors a lot of times..."

He stopped, and turned around to Elenza, then realized he had close to nothing to say...

"Uh... So... um... You're ready for the mission?"

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:03 pm

"Yeah, well...it's kinda a big 'if'...I didn't part on the best of terms with my old boys, and well....they may be a bit bitter about it" Kelfen said somewhat apologeticly. He scratched behind his ear and winced slightly, perhaps this wasn't the best idea? Too late.

"Don't worry though, they're probably the most forgiving gang out and about. And by forgiving I mean forgetful, I can probably convince them I didn't steal their data horde or there stash" he added quickly. Suddenly some saying about burning bridges came to mind. He wasn't sure why.

Jak Snide

Woot!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:19 pm

Dago nodded once. A slight hitch, but he was confident that Rags, who he'd guessed as an ex-ganger, could pull together help from another gang if negotiations with his old "friends" went badly.

"Right, that's it then. Now, when are we set to go in, miss?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Woot!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:50 am

"Eleven PM, I think," Julia said, "By that time, all but the most dedicated employees will have gone home, so we'll only have to worry about security." Only. That's the chief difficulty. Can you get your associates organised by then, Rags?"

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:16 am

"Oh sure no problem....wait....one of you is comming with me! I'm not going down into the Ryuugami district to meet a few dozen drugged out gangers who may or may not want to ice me!" Kelfen said with conviction. "I may not have alot of foresight but it's not quite that short" he grumbled as he settled back down into his chair.

Were these two insane or just naive? Probably never grew up in a streets, though Kelfen supposed niether had he, not the same ones. "So who's comming with me?" he asked to the two, though his gaze wandered to Julia. Though it was, of course, purely coincidental.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:53 pm

Julia regarded Rags steadily for a moment. "We all go," she said finally. If things went sour, she wanted the best possible chance of getting out in one piece. Anyone capable of making Rags nervous deserved respect.

Which brought up an interesting question - did they actually have anything capable of bringing down a drug-crazed ganger without killing him? Not for the first time, she regretted not having more aptitude for time magic.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:30 pm

(OOC: For the record, this has been OKed...)

'I think so.' Elenza nodded. 'I hacked AMTI's system. They've got tight security, but I found some cracks. I have complete maps of the offices, and details on the security we can expect to encounter. We'll be going in prepared now. I have the beginnings of a plan formulating in my mind...allow me to outline it to you.'

She leaned forward on her desk, resting her chin on steepled hands, her snow white hair cascading down over her shoulders.

'You and I will go disguise ourselves as staff from one of the smaller companies - I already got hold of some id that should get us past the initial security measures. It won't get us any further, but that shouldn't matter.'

She pulled up her laptop, brought up the map, and pointed.

'We'll enter the men's bathroom and give Blanchine the signal. At this point she'll use that mecha of hers to provide us a suitable distraction - hopefully getting all but a skeleton security out of our hair. We enter the ventilation shafts and traverse them to this room here. We will exit the ventilation shafts and from there make our way along this corridor to the building's security centre. I'll shut down the remaining security measures - all we'll have to worry about are any guards. At this point we should be able to reach our target with ease.'

She sat back in her chair, trying to gauge by his expression what he thought of the plan.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:24 pm

Tyne smiled a little, narrowing his eyes, and put one arm resting on his chin, in turn resting on his other arm by the elbow.

"Hmm... Sounds like a decent enough plan, I'd guess... Of course, if you really don't mind going into the men's bathroom, that is." he smiled a bit more

"So, what's your plan on the method of assassination? I'd say by then, that place'll be hell.." Tyne wasn't too eager for this question, but it had to be asked. He looked to the side towards the screen as if it could have some revelation on his question, subconsiously looking at Elenza's face in the reflection off the screen..

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:39 pm

'We shoot her. Make a mess of it.'

Elenza didn't look at him. She was feeling guilty enough already.

'Think about it. There are two reasons why Chi-Kien might want his wife killed. One, she's giving private information to AMTI. I don't think that's likely. The other option is that he wants to disgrace AMTI. Either way, her assassination will accomplish this - It's public knowledge that she's been kidnapped by AMTI. If we can manage to make it look like they've killed her...noone's gonna go to them for business, and Chi-Kien dominates the field.'

She sighed, looking up at him finally.

'But the real problem is, Tyne... four people will know the truth. Chi-Kien, and you, Blanchine, and myself. And if our boss is prepared to kill his own wife to rid him of a competitor, I don't think he'll have any qualms about reducing that number to one. Why do you think he's offering us anything we want, after the job is done? Because he doesn't intend to give it to us. He won't want any loose ends...'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:55 pm

Tyne grimaced. Elenza's words were wise, and she was probably very right. He started thinking of a way... There had to be some way...

"... I wonder... Maybe if you kept a way of proving Chi-Kien's involvement in all of this, little hacker?" he stopped for a second, then continued "Well, I don't know if you're right or not, but the probability exists. Maybe if we can find a way to prove his involvement, that would keep him from trying anything... And if you are wrong, we might as well destroy them then..."

He looked away, towards the ground. Things weren't looking good.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:05 pm

She nodded.

'That's what I've been thinking, Tyne... I'm gonna take a camera along, get footage of the whole thing. After all, if he's gonna kill us anyway, he'll know we won't have anything to lose by incriminating ourselves.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:11 pm

Tyne smiled and looked at her.

"You read my mind, Elenza. That really helps.. Now, what do we tell Jiru about this? She'll probably decide to go shoot Chi-Kien or something if we told her... " he smirked a bit at his own comment, but waited for the reply.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:22 pm

'We're not going to tell her. Not 'til the mission is over. Like you said, she'd probably do something stupid, so there's no point distracting her.'

Elenza smiled at Tyne.

'You know what, being straight with you about all this has really helped out. I feel a lot calmer about the whole thing.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:40 pm

Tyne made a confused face at that comment, not to mention blushed lightly

"Hey, we're partners on this job, aren't we? The worst thing that you could have done is -" he stopped at that, remembering that they were, indeed, not going to tell Jiru about any of Elenza's worried. "... never mind."

He added "Well, if you want to feel calmer, I'll just get you one of those Baronian wines. That ought to help you feel a LOT calmer.".

Tyne spent a moment to think about the situation... He joked, but he was just as afraid as her. He just hoped his jokes could lighten his mood till the time came...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:50 pm

'Gotta be better than prune juice.' She quipped in reply, heedless of the fact that he wouldn't understand the joke.

'Well, anyway...the next thing we should do is make an inventory of all the things we'll need, and then go get hold of them all. I suspect you're possibly more suited for deciding what we'll need...'

She minimized the map on her laptop and brought up the information she had acquired that listed many of AMTI's security measures, and turned it so that he could get a closer look.

'Obviously we'll need weapons that we can get past security. We'll also need communications devices, in case we get split up, and to give Blanchine the signal. Perhaps tools to get into the ventilation shafts - I don't know how difficult that would be. Jammers to bypass security cameras.... That's all I've thought of, so far.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:24 pm

Tyne smiled a bit, and nodded. He knew the procedures for such missions. However, other things were on his mind right now. Rather uncharacteristically, he said:

"Listen, I suppose we could postpone the mission for tomorrow.. It's already been a long day for both of us, and you're probably rather tired, too... " he said. "And besides, I've got a headache" was his last note, as he rubbed his head with his fingers.

Tyne turned a bit, resting himself against the wall.. This was unlike him, yet it was better than trying a mission when not in top form...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:32 pm

'Well...I'm not sure we should. Chi-Kien made this public, and offered a reward...chances are there won't BE any mission tomorrow...' Elenza muttered, kneading her firehead with her fist. 'On the other hand...I am tired... and if we're not on top form we'll screw up...

...Oh, I don't know. I can't decide. But I do have something for that headache.'

She reached down and opened a drawer in her desk, and pulled out some pills, tossing them to Tyne.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:41 pm

Tyne swung his hand in the air, catching them not quite so easily...

"Hmm..." he mused on her replies "... Now, now. Can't do a mission while tired, can you.."

"Besides, it wouldn't be so bad if we miss the mission tomorrow, would it now...?" He yawned, then looked at Elenza again.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:51 pm

'Yes it would. Chi-Kien will kill us anyway if we fail, and we won't have any incriminating evidence to save us.'

She leaned back in her chair, folding her arms and staring at him coolly.

'Besides, if you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, that would hardly count as "rest", now, would it?'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:00 pm

Tyne raised an eyebrow at that comment, but his face remained as cool as usual

"... and what are you suggesting that I am suggesting, exactly...?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

See us make post after post of not much at all!!!1one

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:09 pm

ELenza chuckled and grinned.

'You're a big boy, Tyne. I don't think I should have to spell it out for you. I tell you what - I'll give you a hint. The word you're looking for has three letters, and it begins with an "s" and ends with the letter before "y". That's two hints, in fact. Think you can guess it?'

Elementalist Daien

Jes.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:29 pm

Tyne blinked, then smiled, still not losing his cool.

"Well, then. I'm not a little kid, surely, but I don't know what goes on in that head of yours, now, do I? I'm not a little kid, but not a mind reader either." He said, smiling.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Jes.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:37 pm

'Maybe you should be.' Elenza's tone turned serious. 'A mind reader might be too valuable to Chi-Kien for him to consider killing them... Listen, Tyne, if we're gonna do this mission, it has to be tonight. We can't risk anyone else beating us to the chase. You understand that, right? We can't afford to be tired, either, so we'll just have to wake ourselves up somehow.'

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:45 pm

Tyne's expression got more serious and he nodded. Resting was quite not the best idea, here

"... Right, right... Just one thing... Have you got a glass of water or something? I need to take these pills.."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:49 pm

'Sure. I think there's a couple of bottles of water in the fridge.' She gestured to the unit in the wall. 'Toss me one of them, will you, Tyne? I'm so thirsty I could drink a lake.'

Elementalist Daien

Shorty.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:38 pm

Tyne shrugged

"Have you got some warm ones? It's freezing here.. Cold water is just suicide in this temperature..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Where oh where have the other players gone?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:21 pm

'Nope, It's cold or nothing I'm afraid. Though, I imagine you could find something around here to warm it with. The sight of you warming water with a hair dryer might be quite comical.'

Elementalist Daien

Oh where, oh where can they beeee?

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:27 pm

Tyne smiled a little, then took out two bottles of water from the fridge anyway

"Soo... If you want it warm, then go heat it up yourself, I guess." he said "I'm only taking a gulp, in any case. Just enough to get these pills down..."

With that, he put the pills in his mouth, and took a gulp... Too bad that he underestimated its coldness

"Agh... Brainfreeze... So much for making it better..." he said, holding the top of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Perhaps in Bulgaria? Or maybe in Hawaii?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:50 pm

(OOC: Filler, the food of the bored.)

Elenza sipped at her bottle and grinned.

'The brainfreeze will go soon enough, so don't you dare start acting like a baby about it Tyne.'

Elementalist Daien

Or maybe in Alaska, where their gonads will freeze?

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:01 pm

Tyne laughed a bit and rubbed his forehead

"Sure, sure... Not like I haven't had worse than a minor brainfreeze, anyway. What do you think I am, some spoilt nobleman's kid or something? he said.

"So... When are we going to go get Jiru?"

Jak Snide

Back to the BLOA, thankee....

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:10 am

Dago frowned. He'd hoped that when Kelfen had said he hadn't parted on the "best of terms" that he was liable to a punch in the face, rather than a couple of dozen slugs to the torso.

"I'll go with."

He figured that he'd fair better than his current CO if things went sour, and besides, he could use a warm up before the main mission.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Never! :D

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:32 pm

'Any time you like, Tyne.' Said Elenza, taking another sip of water. 'Besides, since when was I in charge of this operation? Making so many decisions gives me a headache.'

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs