Emotion's Diverge

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Relezite

Emotion's Diverge

Unread postby Relezite » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:15 am

The sweat glistened on Edward's exposed forearms as he ripped his axe blade away from the last standing orc's jugular vein. The beast let out a gurgle as it fell to the ground, unable to make the traditional Orc 'last insults'. The blood that land in his face only served to accent his feral grin.

"Dun Celebrate jus' yet boy, these rubbish were jus' the bellos afore the flame!"

His master stood behind him, tall and vigil at an overawing three foot nine. 700 years as a dwarf living in Kazshire sharpened a base dwarven instinct to always make sure a dead orc was really dead, which he serviced by caving in all the skulls with his warhammer. His long white beard was caked in orcs blood and chips of bone.

He noticed this and beamed with pride.

"Maybe I wouldn't be so eager to celebrate, master, if you our that sorcerer for hire had lifted a finger to help me." Edward fixed his gaze on each in turn.

The sorcerer, whom the gaze met last, was a wiry pale sort of fellow, with long black robes that threw up a trail of dirt in his wake. His hair matched the robes, both in color and length...and unkepmtness for that matter. Only his eyes stood out in that visage of homelessness, cold, sharp, blue eyes, matching Edward stare for stare. He shrugged.

"These hands are only ready to do a limited about of magic per gold coin, I can't be held accountable for 'extra mishappenings'."

"Suppose I cleave you in two, you arrogant spellmonger!? Would that hold as an 'extra mishappening'!?" Edward raised his axe just a bit, the sorcerer raise his eyebrow the same distance and touched a bulge in his pocket.

"Settle down laddie, there be work to get done down that hole, work we've paid fer in full."

The sorcerer nodded, and dismissed Edward in the same motion. Edward's hands tightened on the axe, but he took no action.

Without further hesitation, the dwarf leapt down the hole. Edward hastened behind, jumping into the darkness. Landing ten feet down with a thud, he rolled to narrowly avoid the slowly descending Sorcerer, who had activated a levitation spell.

"No magic to waste, eh?"

The sorcerer gave, what he could make out in the pale light, a very demeaning look, then said,

"Alano Sal Vislux."

The flare of light irradiating from the sorcerer
was enough to knock Edward back into the Dwarf, who had been tying his shoe.

"Humpf, yad've thought I ne'er learned this lad to land softly." He grumbled. Without pause he got up and walked down the tight tunnel they had landed in. His pace was surprisingly fast for his short legs, the Sorcerer huffed with the effort of keeping up, even Edward began to feel a bit winded.

Slowly, steadily, the tunnel began to lighten, and after about ten minutes, the sorcerer let his light spell go...yet it matched the lost spell, and got brighter...and hotter.

Finally, the tunnel broke into a gigantic room, the source of light revealed.

They had reach the core of an active volcano, by the route rumored to exist but never believed, the legendary tunnel of Killkixflomare, the Dwarven king of days long past. No one had believed it existed but his master, his crazy, foolhardy, unwise master, but here they were, standing on a tenth a mile wide circular platform, overlooking a two hundred foot drop into a million gallons of lava. At the opposite end of the platform stood a tall majestic, but rusted throne.

"The Throne of Killkixflomore, I ne'er in me life guessed I'd be standin' here, and with two human no the less!"

"You realize," mumbled the sorcerer, "that if this part of the legend is true then..."

"Aye, old Killkixflomore was fond o' dragons as pets and a method fer installin' order...and dragons live a long time..."

A sudden complete shadow was the warning.

"TO THE SIDES LADDIES!"

The dragon landed violently in the center of the platform, tossing Edward over the side with the force of the landing. He clutched onto the edge with one hand, barely keeping the heat sweaty hand in place.

"FER KULTHURZORN"

After what seemed like an eternity in three seconds he pulled himself over the ledge and rushed to assist the raging dwarf, who had a gushing wound on his left arm, and didn't seem to take notice. He wielded the warhammer as both sword and shield in the dwarven battle fashion, which was as simple as keeping the enemy as confused as possible by being over aggressive. It certainly seemed to have that effect on the dragon, who seem unsure of how to consume this fast moving, hard hitting, little prey.

Before Edward was halfway to the fighting duo a ball of white light rush over his head and landed in the dragon's nose with explosive force.

Knocking it's head back just slightly.

The dragon drew breath and heaved a mighty channel of flame at the puzzled sorcerer, for a time ignoring the hyperactive dwarf. Edward jump and landed on his side, just out of the fire. The sorcerer, burdened by the weight of his flashy robes, took the whole of the fire in his left arm.

"AAAAAH IT HURTS...IT HURTS SO BAD..."

The battlefield exploded with magic as the sorcerer started hurling every rune in his collection at the dragon, who began to wonder if it had chosen the right century to feed.

A wild bolt threw the dwarf to the wall of the volcano.

The whole world slowed to a trickle as Edward's master fell with a sickening splash into the lava.

Edward blacked out.

He came to shortly, the sorcerer was gone, fleeing down the tunnel, and the dragon was...recovering.

With a bellow of rage Edward hoisted his two handed axe into one hand and hurled it spinning towards the dragon. There was no time for it to reacted. Its last action was to blink and focus its eyes on the swirling axe before it lodged itself in its forehead and carried it all the way down into the see of lava.

Edward's breath came slowly and in spurts as he processed the totality of the scene.

"Brooding over the past, even the resent past, is a job for old men, and likewise, it will give you wrinkles and an early grave." A deep voice echoed in the volcano.

Edward turned sharply and grasped for the axe that was not there, but there was nobody to be seen, only the lonely, abandoned throne, and the blood from the dragon he had slain, splattered inbetween. He looked up, but only the clear sky lay out of the volcano's summit. He began to fume.

"I brood for the dwarf that gave the last 15 years of his life to me! I brood for the empty-hearted coward of a sorcerer that took his life! Who are you to mock my pain!?"

"Sometimes," the voice responded, "A person who pours his entire soul into creating something leaves a piece of the soul behind in that thing, a bit of his lifeforce allowed to stay on as the essence of that 'thing'..."

There was a silence as the word 'thing' finished its last echo. It lasted for a full minute.

"...Killkixflomare..." He finally whispered, unable to believe the words even as they left his mouth.

"Correct." The voice now came from the throne.

He turned again, slower this time, and became the first human to set eyes on Killkixflomare. (During his reign the humans and dwarves were mortal enemies, he had never once left the throne after assuming it, and no human had ever fought that far. Only within the last 300 years had they become peaceful, if untrusting. Edward's apprenticeship to a dwarf had been a revolutionary act, the first time dwarf and man had agreed on anything aside from not killing each other.)

The old king, at first sight, so closely resembled his master that he almost exclaimed in joy, as if his master had been playing a mean trick on him this whole time. But on closer examination the Dwarf at the throne was a bit smaller, and a bit wider of the nose than his departed master, and a bit more translucent. But the similarity was undeniable.

"Your face belies your thoughts young warrior, indeed I do look much like your dead master. This might have something to do with his direct desendence from me."

Edward stammered, "But the book always said that Killkixfl...er...your highness never had any children, how can this be?"

Killkixflomare sigh, "Sure, if you want to talk legitimate lines, I never had any children, but the court had this real saucy red haired accountant that I just..." He caught himself, "Of course, I didn't let it be know that I had a daughter illegitimately, I've been dethroned in a heartbeat! So I gave her away and swore her foster parents to secrecy, and several generations later, your master was born."

"This all seem a bit ironic."

"Of course it isn't," Killkixflomare bellowed, "I've been driving his ambitions his whole adult life, he was destined to come and die here since the day I conceived that child. I knew it then too."

"His death was arranged!? You murdered him!" Again, he instinctively reached for the axe that was not there anymore.

"He knew, deep inside, that this journey would kill him, and he accepted it." The king had his gaze locked on Edward now.

"But why!? Why would any sane being willingly accept his death and not flee from it!? What was so important that he had to die to achieve!? Answer me!" Edward shouted with clenched fists at his side.

"You."

A chill breeze from above started the awesome heat of the volcano below.

"Me." Edward stated blandly.

Killkixflomare just stared at him.

"That doesn't make any sense, I was already in training under him, why should he have to die just so I can be here!?" His hands began to shake.

"To bring you to me of course." the answer calmly.

Edward screamed long and loud, then took a long set of breaths and screamed again.

"Had I the time for tears or rage, I'd lament the loss of my pet dragon you slayed, but more important things are at hand here."

"What could be more important than the death of my master? I had no one else in my life!!" He was beginning to get a headache from all of the screaming.

"Honestly, I don't know."

"You don't...know."

"I was blessed with a vision of this very day on the night of my daughter's consumption, and although the words were muted, I know what my part is in this web of fate, but I do not know where your string leads."

"You're incoherent, I care nothing for you 'role' and I care even less for my fate, if you'll excuse me, I will grieve properly then avenge my master's death....properly." He turned to leave.

Before he took a step something small hit him in the back of the head, knocking him forward a pace. He turned to address the dwarf.

Killkixflomare was gone. On the throne was a sealed parchment. The ring that had hit him lay on the floor in by his feet.

"Foolishness." he murmured to himself.

He stood staring at the ring for a full five minutes, then swooped it up and pocketed it. He rushed to the throne and took the parchment into his pack before leaving back through the tunnel he had entered.

It felt like years had passed.

*At this time, feel free to jump in, not too many characters, and keep it serious if you please, I'll assume the role of Edward*

The Duelist

Re: Emotion's Diverge

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:02 am

Michael Armaranx stood outside the cave mouth, silently wondering why on earth he was standing there.

The reasons were simple, he had been told that there was something worth finding in these parts. And if it existed, this was where it would be. Not a very good lead for most people, but for this bard, anything would do.

Now, it was just a matter of time. How long would it be before someone else came along to this cave in search of something. Not the best strategy in the world, but Michael wasn't quite brave enough to brave the murky depths alone...

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:46 pm

The light of cave grows brighter, but is abstructed by a figure. Edward pushes forward, too irritaited to bother with stealth.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:45 pm

Veldrin, second son of House Zauviir, frowned even deeper as he diverged into another tunnel. He'd been lost for a long time now, trying to find a way back to Ched Nasad. He didn't know how long it had been since he was separated from the rest of his patrol, but he knew he would be assumed dead, not that it bothered him that much. Being the second son, he didn't have much of a future in front of him. He'd never have the chance to become first son, after all Khamon, the older brother, was the house weaponmaster, and Veldrin had never considered himself better a swordsman than his brother, and neither did he think the older drow would be found unaware any time soon.

He wouldn't miss the life of a noble at all, actually he'd be reliefed, and perhaps he should settle down somewhere and...

With a scream the young drow reeled back as the scorching brightness tore in his sensitive eyes. He nearly tripped over a small rock lying behind him and had to grab on to a wall. His heart was beating fast, not out of exhaustion or excitement, but out of fear and panic. The corridor-like tunnel he had entered had proven far more lit up than Veldrin had expected.

With whatever strength of will that Veldrin had left, he threw himself out of the lit corridor and in to the darker one he came from. Slowly but surely the pain disappears and he could finally think clearly again.

"Obviously I shouldn't head this way..." He thought for himself, the pain still fresh mind. He looked around slowly, trying to find another exit, but there wasn't one. The only other way was from where he came, and trying to head that way would be foolish. He didn't have anything to eat or drink, and he hadn't encountered anything edible for the whole day. He would surely be too weak to head the entire way back to the small mushroom grove.

Veldrin looked down on his torn cloak and shrugged. He ripped a small piece of of it and tied it around his eyes as hard as he could. He knew it was going to be painful, but at the moment a little pain was good enough a prize to pay. With a silent prayer to Lloth he stepped into the tunnel again.

For a good ten minutes Veldrin stumbled around in a dazed state. The cloth over his eyes shielded out the worst light, and he was able to make out heat changes pretty well. Unfortunantly, even the walls seemed heat radiant and it was hard to make anything out. After a while, though, he could see the outlines of another tunnel. Quickly he headed over to it, his heart beating like a drum. Right enough, it proved to be another tunnel, and Veldrin sighed with relief as the light dimnished from his eyes. He removed the small piece of cloth from his face and started down the tunnel slowly, eyeing every stone for traces of warmth. He was in unknown territory, and a large colony of duergar had been close to the area he got lost in, and he had no intentions to fight the deep dwarves. However, when he turned a corner he was struck by a light much intenser than before, and he screamed in pain and surprise. His eyes felt like they were bitten by thousands of razor-sharp needles. He heard something, movement perhaps, but it was hard to discern anything when his entire world was filled with pain.

((OOC: Sorry for the kind of lame introduction, but I've been wanting to play a drow ever since I read the Homeworld book. Veldrin is somewhere behind Edward, although Veldrin is not aware of it.))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/19/02 6:42:41 am

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:30 pm

Sonny Darkcloud lept down from the trees. his newly laid trap catching nothing.

"told you." he said to what appeared to be no one at all. sheathed on his back was a long curved sword. its hild was in the shap of a snake. the hilt bent forward and spoke right into his ear.

"I coulda sworn you'd be able to catch something." it said to the half elf.

"you know...you really aren't that helpful at all."

"aw come on. you know you're glad to have me."

Sonny picked up the simple trap, setting it off with a near by stick. the variouse bladded edges colliding with each other. Sonny lifted it and tossed it harmlessly into the woods.

"useless thing...I said all I needed was a bow and arrow, but you just had to insist on traps...I'm not patient like that."

"you should be. impatience is bad thing."

"yeah...but when you need to eat, you need to hunt, not wait."

Sonny continued down the path. off in the distance he could see the volcano.

"now I'm beginning to wonder if you're right about that mountain...going into volcanos isn't the brightest thing to be doing."

"true...but, its still a great possibility. would you want pass that up?"

"don't know what I'd even do with all those riches." Sonny said, the snake hilt straightened itself looking more like an inanimate sword. it jutted out from Sonny's long black cloak in front of the hood. Sonny kept an even pace, he would be reaching an entrance soon.

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:23 pm

A noise came from behind Edward, like a pathetic moaning, he turned sharply and rised his fists.

A dark skinned male humaniod, slightly smaller than himself, was on his knees, clutching at his eyes as if he wanted to remove them. The noise was coming from his mouth.

"Foolish Drow." Edward grumbled to himself as he grabbed the elf's collar and dragged him around a corner to a dimmer spot.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:42 pm

Veldrin, feeling the bright light change into embracing darkness, began to relax as his eyes slowly adjusted back to the damp caves. For a moment he was confused, wondered why he had falled back into the cave, but then he noticed the human and he realized his life had been saved by this, this rivvil! Quickly he was up on his feet, his foil in his hand. He sneered at the human, spitting on the ground.

"Waela rivvil! Usstan ssrig luin naust d´dossta xxizz!" The last word came out as a hiss. Veldrin knew his weariness, but his honor, the honor of Zauviir, could not allow him to hold a life boon to a creature as measly as a human!

"Ussta kaas Zauviir Veldrin, Ssussun pholor dos!" Veldrin hope this would be enough to scare the rivvil away. After all, house Zauviir was widely known as a noble house, even though it was far from the greatest, and when this little fool would hear that he was of noble blood, surely he would think twice of attacking him. And if he would, then Veldrin would die as a warrior, honoring Lloth of at least tainting his blade with the blood of the man.

((OOC: Don't worry, Veldrin's just acting by nature, which means kill first and ask questions after. In his state he probably wouldn't be much of a challenge, but this is an oppurtunity for great RPing. And don't worry, the Drowish isn't as bad as it sounds. He knows common too, but he believes everyone knows the language of the drow, and therefore doesn't speak common.))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/02 2:44:55 am

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:57 pm

Michael spotted the Drow and the other human over a ways, it was obviously time for an introduction.

"Hello all!"

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:54 am

(OOC:
Quote:
a creature as measly as a dwarf!

I'm not a Dwarf, in fact I clearly state otherwise.

[edit] We generally mark all OOC as such by placing OOC remarks in parenthesis. It's a handy convention we use here that makes things clearer and such. -Rydia-)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/02 3:58:04 pm

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:56 am

(OOC: Er, maybe not, but I constantly refer to my master as 'the Dwarf', and he treats me with Dwarf-outsider arrogence.)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/02 3:58:43 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:42 am

(And as you said the master stood a proud 3' something feet I assumed you were a dwarf! Sorry.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/02 2:43:44 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:34 pm

As soon as Veldrin noticed the other human (or was it, it didn't 'feel' like a human, although he wasn't quite sure what it was) he retreated back a few steps, so to get a better position to launch out if anyone would attack. Veldrin thought about what the 'human' had said, and the language he'd learn so long ago in the academy. He wasn't sure if he remembered everything, but...

"You... h-humens!" He shouted, pointing his flail wavingly towards the two. "I warned you, attack I and the anger of house Zauviir will strike you down!"

((OOC: Please bear with him, Veldrin hasn't spoken common since his days in the academy, and he's a bit rusty at grammar. :P))

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:12 am

Sonny finally made his way to the entrance of the cave.

"There." the hilt said, "Just like I told you."

"Allright allready, just keep quite." Sonny said, slightly irritated, "If anyones in there I don't want them to get startled and begin to attack me."

"Don't worry, there's no way anyone could be in there, no one has ever been in there as far as I know."

Sonny rolled his eyes. as he made his way through the inadequetly lit cavern. Though not completly elvish, Sonny stilled had some of the benifits of good eyesight. Not to metion hearing among his senses. He faintly heard the sounds of people talking in the distance.

"Don't worry...theres no WAY anyone could be in HERE." he muttered mockingly, "As I said, you're record of providing correct information has not been so good recently."

"how was I to know other people were getting the same idea." the sword replied.

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:58 am

Michael gave the Drow a small grin...

"Umm...I'm a bard."

THAT generally quieted most potential foes, and if that didn't work, the sword would.

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:00 am

Edward rolled his eyes. "Would you have rather I left you to get yourself a lethal tan? Rather ungrateful of you I'd say, though, you do speak a great deal more of our langauge than most Drow I've encountered. And, most Drow would have been at my throat before they said a word, in any langauge. Curious."

He turned to the self-proclaimed bard, who kept glancing back and forth rapidly between himself and the elf.

"The Drow I understand, but another human...all the way out here..." He shook his head. "Gah. I'm wasting time, did either of you see an injured man in robes leaving this way?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:15 pm

Al the sounds and rumbling had woke her up and she didn’t like to wake up to the sound of a crowd. She crawled out of her little nest in the dungeon selling. She could see a dark skinned elf, two humans and they al seemed to be on edge to attack each other at any moment. The girl just looked at them from above, she was curios to se what they were up to.

(If any one would see her she is kinda like a lizard she have white slite greenish scales cowering al of her body and long green hair other then that and a tail she looks like a human)

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:32 pm

As he walked, Sonny couldn't help but notice he was on a one way path to where the voices were coming from. Their sound was getting steadily louder, and he noticed not turns or forks so far.

"Looks like I'll be meeting them anyway." he thought to himself, "Should be interesting, maybe they'll know more than the damned sword."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:32 pm

Michael nodded.

"Yeah, whoever he was, he was certainly in a hurry. He was moving as quickly as he could in the opposite direction of the cave. He looked as though he had seen a ghost."

He picked at his instrument's strings lightly, letting the sound echo through the forest. A curious habit of his, stranger still that he would never notice he was doing it unless someone pointed it out.

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:14 am

Sonny heard the music.

"what? now who would be playing music in here?" he wondered aloud.

interested he continued through the cave following the music. he could tell he was getting close, it was starting to get more distinct.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:08 pm

((OOC: I'll just assume Michael added the "I'm a bard" after Edward had said his part... Oh, and we're in a cave leading towards a vulcano, so there's no forest here... -_-'))

Veldrin spit on the ground and laughed.
"Ha! I would have killed you, but you saved me from the light, so I gave you another couple of seconds to live!" Suddenly he heard the words spoken by Michael and he curiously raised an eyebrow. The man who had spoken smiled at him.

He appeared completely harmless, even though he was armed, but Veldrin could as well take on two humans.

Suddenly Veldrin flinched, had he seen something on the roof? There had been a trace of warmth, he was sure of it, but it was gone so soon... Maybe just a cave lizard or something...

Veldrin eyed his opponents again and threw a confident smile. "Well then, humans, I give you the honor of attacking, or are you too cowardly to dare?" Veldrin could feel how he grew more accustomated to the language, he was beginning to remember it again. "I don't blame you, two such lowly creatures as yourselves have no way to remain victorious."

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:25 pm

Michael rolled his eyes. He couldn't help himself...

"If you had half a brain, you would think that it might...JUUUUUST might...be a bad idea to attack us. I'm not here for a fight, but I'm willing to oblige if you really want it."

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:40 pm

Edward balked, then let out a hardy laugh. The elf looked startled.

"This the thanks I get for saving you? Oh well, as the old saying goes: nothing keeps the Drows in check more than their own overconfidence."

**If I didnt say anything before, or hinted to it, Edward is sporting a huge build**

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:27 am

Veldrin merely sneered at the comments.

"Obviously, you haven't fought against a drow warrior before, or otherwise you wouldn't handle this so lightly." Before anyone could do anything Veldrin summoned a small black orb in his left hand and threw it at the humans. It expanded to finally settle around everyone like a pocket of darkness.

"Let's see how well you fight in the dark..."

((OOC: Hmm... GM, shouldn't anything happen soon to divert the fighting? And I'm not entirely sure what setting we're using, but the fact that Michael knows about drows is a wee bit strange for me, they're not widely known about, at least not in the Forgotten Realms...))

The Duelist

Unread postby The Duelist » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:26 pm

(OOC: Gimme a break here, he's a BARD. Bards, traditionally, are supposed to be a storehouse of nick-nacks and General Knowledge, along with any folklore and...well...anything that would make a good story. Then again though, maybe I should have noted that it is a "Presumed" drow...heh...)

Michael sighed as he looked toward where the drow had been. The sounds that his Instrument had been playing became deliberate and beautiful strokes.

Then, an incredibly harsh chord sounded through the mountain, as a physical wall of sound slammed through the fog where the drow might be...

Oz 200

Falling lizard girls

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:51 pm

Al the rumbling and shaking from the shock wave made her little nest crumble into dust and sent her falling to the ground she landed in the middle of the battle field whit a damp “ouch” as she hit the rock hard surface.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:06 pm

Veldrin flinched as he heard the obvious 'ouch'. He raised an eyebrow, but before he could react the shock of the soundwave sent him into a wall, and he hard to focus hard to even stand up. Despite the power he was shoved by, Veldrin didn't say a word. This was battle, and giving away one's position during a battle was foolish.

Veldrin took another grip on his blade, but he could already feel his short supply of power failing him. That voice he had heard, it had sounded like a woman... Perhaps he could...

He traced the battlefield with his infra-red vision. He could clearly see the shapes of the two he was fighting against, but there was also a third shape, on the ground. It hadn't even half the warmth glow of the other two, but Veldrin took the chance.

He leapt forward towards the third shape and placed his foil at what he presumed was the throat of the woman.

"One more step, and your friend dies..." He hissed. He knew it was a longshot, but at least he could use this to get away. What he would do after that, with nearly not even enough power to move, could wait. Right now, all that mattered was the battle.

Relezite

re: Emotion's Diverge

Unread postby Relezite » Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:33 pm

**As for stopping the fight from starting, I was going to leave that to you, and I wasn't really basing this story off of D&D standards, though your drow seems to be that way. It seems pretty obvious I know about Drow from Being around Dwarves, who dont like Drow, and Michael knows about Drow because he's a bard and bards, um, have to be good for something right? Just kidding**

He reached into his pants, pulled out a rune and activated it. Light streamed from his palm and made the tunnel seem like the brightest summer day.

"Odd things you tend to keep on hand when you've been trained by a dwarf."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=relezite>Relezite</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/8/02 6:34:19 pm

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:03 am

seeing the light, and hearing the rumble, Sonny increased his pace. ducking behind an outcropping of rock, he peaked out and saw the other four, two humans, a Drow and the lizard creature.

"well..." he thought, "That looks rather random."

he sat quietly observing what was going on, unsure of what to do.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: re: Emotion's Diverge

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:28 am

Veldrin didn't manage a single word. The burst of light made him drop his blade and fall to his knees, trying to shield his eyes while opening and closing his mouth in extreme pain. The pain was enough for the drow, and he fainted and fell to the floor, blissfully relieved from the pain.

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:37 am

"Well Drow," Edward muttered to noone in particular, "you know the rules, don't say I didn't give you a chance out." He hoisted the elf's small frame onto his back with little strain then turned to the lizard creature.

"What's your name?" he asked, a lighter tone to his voice.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:06 pm

She was sitting on the ground Indian style whit her tail lashing from side to side. She was confused first some one hade threatened her life and now some one was asking for her name.

“My name is Sadi……can some one pleas tell me what’s happening”

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:49 pm

Sonny remained hidden, so far it seemed like the only that would attack was subdued. but still he was weary, he didn't want to do anything too suddenly.

"not so impatient now are we?" the sword mocked.

"Keep you're voice down." Sonny hissed.

'I just need to stick this out a little more before I can find out exactly what to do.', he thought.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:57 pm

((<span style="color:red;">Just putting this up again, I'm not able to post since I'm currently... down... so at least post some more for crying out loud!</span>Image ))

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:54 am

"Greetings to you Sadi, sorry for the disturbance, natural course of events and all, I see though, everything is still intacted, both in body," Edward motioned to the nest, "and in home. I really must be going, should try to make some progress before these fleeting afternoon hours give way to night. Goodday Sadi." He hoisted the elf and began walking out to the entrance of the tunnel.

**If the oppertunity to make everyone part of the 'group' does not arise immediatly, by my or your present actions, do not fret, elements of a story can remain in different location following different story lines, leading to the same climaxs, or plot centralized ones, I for one think right now, Michael and Sadi should become a group that go into the volcano, and, well, I have interesting ideas for the elf =D. Sonny should decide soon which group to be associated with, cause i think the split is happening soon.**

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:01 pm

Sonny stayed put as Edward walked passed him. when Edward was at a safe distance Sonny walked out and looked to where the other two were.

'well might as well try to make good terms.' he thought and walked towards them at an even pace.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:36 pm

((<span style="color:red;">BUMP</span>))

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:23 pm

Still looking rather confused she walked up to the man heading towards them.

“And who might you bee? Another one that has com here to look for treasures? Just like that crazy guy in the long robe and then this tree guys”

She made a gesture towards the group behind her.

Lorre Lugosi

Unread postby Lorre Lugosi » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:22 pm

Sonny sighed, this wasn't a good start.

"I wouldn't say looking for treasure, I'm more of a curious passerby." he looked around a little bit, "my name's Sonny, and I'm more of a wanderer. I assume you live here?"

Edited by: Lorre Lugosi&nbsp; Image at: 12/15/02 2:23:46 pm

Relezite

Unread postby Relezite » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:47 am

Having left the bizarrely crowded scene, Edward made haste to displace himself as far from the volcano as possible, before the sun fell too far into the horizon. When the last of the daylight vanished, and the state could truely be called twilight he was in a small enclove of the woods, volcano nowhere in sight. The elf began to stir. Edward set him down and backed off just slightly.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:05 am

Veldrin woke up with a small gasp. It was dark again, not the beautyful complete darkness of Underdark, but it didn't hurt his eyes, and for that he was thankful. He pondered why the cave floor had become so soft, but then realized what had happened before he had fainted. Quickly he looked around and saw the heat-shape of the human that had helped him before, and then cast that...

Veldrin growled and tried to rise, but his legs, weak from the lack of nourishment, couldn't bear him and he fell down again. He tried to speak, but he could only make a hoarse whisper. He knew he was going to regret this, and should his house hear of this he would certainly be punished, but right now he didn't care. He reached out a hand to the human and managed a small "water". Hopefully the human would show mercy to his prisoner, but that was too much to wish for.

Next

Return to Other RPs