Love, Life, and Highschool (now asleep)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Legend of 8

Re: La-de-da.

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:51 am

Jason grunted. "Fine, then. But no weapons... unless it gets THAT dirty. I always thought that a Mage's duel was fought with magic myself... but I'll wait for the league. See you at the top, Knyte."

Jason turned, but kept his eye on the newcomer. There was something.... definately odd about him. Jason felt it ever since he had first saw him. There was just something that he couldn't quite place that he didn't trust about that kid....

He began to practice levitation again, swirling some large rocks around (about the size of your head) in circles. He didn't bother to count, but he was pretty sure that he had about 10 or 11 stones flying around in a dizzying pattern. Considering how last year he could only lift 5, he was pretty proud of himself. Maybe soon he'd be able to lift himself up with magic...

Being a sorcerer and not having to prepare spells had a large drain on one, but he preferred it. He didn't mind studying scrolls, but he wouldn't be happy until he could do the spell perfectly from memory, and not have to study them before a duel.

Otherwise, he'd never get any respect....

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:48 pm

Blaze munched on a sandwich as he walked along beside Nan'tulla, engaging her in conversation.

'You know what, Nan'tulla? My life is really starting to get monotonous. I wish something interesting would happen. Guess that's too much to ask though... besides, there are lots of ways to interpret "interesting"....'

BlackBobTheMage

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:42 pm

Bob looked at the insignia for a moment, grinning at where they had placed it. Suddenly he relized he was lingering there to long and looked up and thought of something to say, quick. "So do you cheer for all teams, or just one specific one... Or is it a competition thing?"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:14 pm

Katrina shrugged at Amie glancing to Leon. "I dont know.." Leon chimed in quickly. "Why not just go see what it is sis? I mean you won't have to do it if you don't want to. Right?" Katrina glanced to Leon and let out a sigh. "Well only if you play one of your intruments when im singing... I refuse to do it other wise..." She crossed her arms over her chest looking to Amie for her reply.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

It's maaaaagic...

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:48 pm

No weapons, eh? What a silly way to duel. Like running with one leg bound. I hope not everyone here thinks this way. Anion turned to leave, but stopped, and wandered back into the stone circle. It was time to test if his magical studies were useful even outside of the keep.

Standing straight, as opposed to his general semi-crouch, he crossed his arms, pulling them apart with some amount of effort. A light rippling effect was perceptible to those who happened to look on, as Anion seemed to pull...something...apart. The ripples grew larger and larger, until it appeared about the size of a full-length mirror, and he simply allowed himself to fall through the ripple.

Those who were watching got a surprise now--he froze momentarily, for about half a second, in midair, defying both gravity and momentum. A blue rune across the circle glowed, and shortly thereafter Anion ran towards the rune, activating it--but it was almost as though the rune had anticipated his arrival. He turned around, smiled, and moved to clap his hands, when he disappeared--and reappeared immediately, outside of the stone circle, already heading out the door.

Legend of 8

Re: It's maaaaagic...

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:08 pm

'Phasing.... hmm.... interesting...' Jason thought to himself. 'If he can do that... that means I have some studying to do....'

Creating some more ice statues, he concentrated on them. HARD. He was suddenly mad. That face on one of the statues... bothered him more.

Feeling his anger grow, he let his power run wild. It was okay, it would be contained in the field.

Screaming out of frustration, they all suddenly exploded violently (the statues, that is).

There, now he felt better. He was quite tired, but he'd be fine by the time the next class started.

He hoped. Jason made it as far as the bleachers before he realized just how tired he was. Sitting down, he felt very, very winded... he'd pushed himself too much today.

Diving into his wallet, he still had $50 bucks left. That would last the week for sure, even with his..... after school habits.

He just hoped that he would live that long. Energy drains sucked... and he'd really put a strain on himself today.

SALSAlys

Might want to check the OOC RP forum, y'all.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:19 pm

Morgan, meanwhile, had disappeared while both boys weren't looking.

Nan'tulla had taken an apple, making a neat bite in it with her canines and sucking a bit of juice before taking a normal bite.

"Yep. There's a curse 'may you live in interesting times'... But then again, interesting times are more— well, interesting. Sometimes a bit of boredom can be good, but life usually finds its own ways to liven up. I mean, we're in our senior year now. After highschool, life's going to probably throw us a few curves. College, for example."

Krysta smiled at Bob. "Kinda both. We cheer for the football team only, but cheerleading's almost a sport on its own. We've got a dance and rhythm team, tumbling, and more. I mean, we're all cheerleaders, but some of us do more stuff on the squad."

Then she giggled. "I talk a lot, don't I? But I think you're the only guy I know who was ever curious."

Amie smiled, features brightening with enthusiasm. "Sure! I think Mrs. Alkyre would allow that.... and you could just try after school, you don't really need to if you don't want to... but I think you might like it."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 10/30/02 3:23:02 am

Oz 200

Re: Might want to check the OOC RP forum, y'all.

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:18 am

Sam laid own next to Katyana and looked up in the blue sky, they’re where a few clouds here and there but nothing to worry about. The birds where singing and he thought that he had heard some one else sing a short while ago but he wasn’t shore....ow well.

“So next class is magic” a big smile crept across his face” you know any Sekor?”

SALSAlys

Might want to check the OOC RP forum, y'all.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:42 am

Sekor shook his head, lowering himself to sit beside the others.

"No. I understand a little of the basic, but..." He shrugged, then flicked his tail at Katyana. "She knows more."

Katyana nodded. "But I think we use a different kind of magic than here.... we use the smell-sense—" Her nose twitched for one brief moment. "—to change things."

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:14 am

(Somebody's been reading Terry Pratchett..... bad, bad GM. :P)

Jason rested for a moment, but found he couldn't get up off the bleachers. He felt very drained.... he'd gone too far today.

"Oh, screw it." Getting up, he stumbled for a few steps before falling back onto the bleachers, his stuff flying everywhere. He began cursing himself for his weakness and oversight, and then tried to get up and collect his stuff back up.

Class would start soon, and he wanted to hurry. It didn't matter if it was 10 or 15 minutes or however long away. He needed to get there quickly so nobody would notice anything wrong with him.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:50 am

This time it was Sam’s ears that twitched. The idea of someone using there nose for magic was just to weird for him "nose...magic, you got to be kidding me?”"

BlackBobTheMage

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:19 pm

"Well", Bob said glancing around, "It's always nice to learn new things. After all, you can't see the whole sky through a bamboo tube". Bob looked at the girl, with an unseen smile.

(So short! It's hard having RP conversations with someone else on a board, isn't it? Image )

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:50 pm

Blaze nodded and walked on in silence for a while.

'I suppose' he stated suddenly, 'We could always try and make something interesting happen.... Whaddaya say, Nan'tulla? We could make a pact to make something interesting happen by the end of the term.'

PriamNevhausten

Anion's Adventures with Lunch

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:56 pm

Anion's stomach grumbled as he smelled some of what only some students would call 'food' wafting from the cafeteria--an unfamiliar sensation, but nonetheless well-understood. The line had had a good chance to die down since he first passed the area, and he basically walked right in to the food-serving area.

All manners of mashed-foods and meat-like products lined the area in metal trays, held back from direct student access by a glass pane. Something white and thick in one tray, small green balls in another, and a small slab with red and white toppings...nothing looked particularly appetizing. Finding himself under the lunchlady's stare, he quickly pointed out the white stuff and the slabs to indicate his choice of...sustenance. Both were plopped unceremoniously onto small styrofoam trays, which were handed to Anion. Still not knowing what to do with these products, he looked past the checkout into the crowd--most appeared to be using rather simple utensils to eat. A quick search revealed these--labelled 'FORKS' and 'SPOONS' in their receptacles--and Anion put one of each on the white-glop tray.

At the checkout, one of the staff eyed the contents of his hands suspiciously as Anion passed. And back into the room with all the bench-tables...so few empty spots, he thought as he looked around...

((if any of this doesn't jive with your ideas about the cafeteria, i shall revise.))

SALSAlys

I'll be good... and yes, board RP conversations are funky.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:21 pm

Katyana grinned, dark eyes sparkling. "Yes. Everything has a... smell, yes? So if you can change the smell, you help change what it is."

The cheerleader giggled again, then gave a happy laugh. "That's a good way to put it!" Krysta grinned at him. "Although my turn to be nosey, I guess. Why do you wear such a big hat? I mean, you don't want people to see your face?"

She could see Anion looking for a spot, and remembered part of the pep talk the cheerleaders had been given.... make people feel welcome.

She waved him over.

PriamNevhausten

Re: I'll be good... and yes, board RP conversations are funk

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:25 pm

Anion looked the crowd over. Rats. No scroll-writing space. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw a hand waving back and forth...and the girl who owned it was looking directly at him. He quirked an eyebrow, but started walking in her direction. Since I'm stuck here, I may as well at least be 'friendly' with the locals...

He sat down, setting his two small styrofoam trays down on the table (notably without one of the larger trays normally used to carry the smaller ones), and saying not a word.

BlackBobTheMage

Re: I'll be good... and yes, board RP conversations are funk

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:27 pm

Bob looked up at his own hat. "Oh this? I guess it is rather large. It's a family heirloom, from my father. It's supposed to signify some sort of small group of Black Mages... " Bob looked back at the girl, "It's not that I don't want people to see my face, it's just a tradition, one that I know next to nothing about... He looked over at who she was waving at to see the boy he had been previously sitting across from, his eyes widened just a bit, remembering his head aching experiance.

SALSAlys

La la la...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:34 pm

Krysta nodded, not noticing Bob's expression of surprise as she turned her head, looking at Knyte.

"Hello," she said cheerfully. "What's your name?"

PriamNevhausten

Re: La la la...

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:41 pm

Anion poked at his glob-and-slab 'meal' with the fork. "My name is...Anion," he said, only diverting his gaze from the meal a slight bit, still remaining hunched slightly over the table. He leaned back a little bit, so that he was almost sitting straight up. Almost. "...could you tell me just what this...stuff...is?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:46 pm

Krysta glanced over. "Pizza and mashed potatoes," she said, curiousity plain in her voice. "Are you new here? 'Cuz my friend Kat also didn't know what pizza was and she's an exchange student."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:51 pm

"Uh...yes. You could say that I am indeed an 'exchange student.' In fact, I am apparently to live with two other such folk during my stay here..." He scooped awkwardly at his pizza with the fork.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:00 pm

She nodded, then watched him try to poke the pizza with his fork.

"Y'dont eat it like that," she advised. "Try picking it up with your fingers and nibbling off the edge. Easier that way." Then Krysta switched over topics, looking at Anion curiously again. "I'm Krysta, by the way. Are you staying with Katyana and Sekor? 'Cuz they're the only other two exchange students I know."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:06 pm

Anion hesitantly picked up the greasy-yet-flaky pizza 'slice,' styding it. "Yea (pronounced 'yay,' the really old medieval word), I believe those were their names indeed." Seeing people's odd expressions at his speech, he changed gears. "So, er...if I find one, I gotta smack their arms, you know?"

More odd glances had him realizing that he should have spent more attention in his Temporal Dialects seminars. Who knew?

SALSAlys

Priam and I worked on this via chat.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:44 pm

Krysta blinked, trying to decipher his meaning. "...You're going to give them high-fives?" she ventured.

"Er.... uh, yeah. High-fives." He took another bite of his pizza.

She nodded, swishing a half-empty waterbottle. "So where are you from?"

Swallowing heavily, Knyte answered "...Far, far away."

Krysta gave a teasing grin. "What about the name?"

Countrynamescountrynamescountrynames.... Knyte thought desparately, before trying "Gaera?"

The girl decided he was joking, and giggled. "No, really."

Knyte tried to remember which countries were around at this time period, and which were destroyed... "Pompey?"

She laughed again. "Fine, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

He nodded, and idly began sketching odd diagrams in his mashed potatoes, using his fork. After watching for a few moments, Krysta broke into his reverie with "Having fun with your food?"

Snapping out of his absent-minded potato-carving, he shakily replied "Uh... yeah, if you could call this food, I guess," then remembered a question he had. "So, what kind of things go on in magic class?"

Krysta had to think a bit. "I've never been to this school before, but generally... we well, learn magic." She blushed slightly as she realized how lame it sounded.

"Do you know what kind of magic?"

"Different kinds. Elemental, some potion making, defense, healing..."

"So, heavy on material-mixing? Artifactry? Alchemy? Nature magic? Or will-working?"

"What's will-working?"

"...Never mind, guess not that one." He glanced about. "Now that I think of it, I haven't seen any of the usual burly brutes... are there any warriors or fighters around here?"

"Well, we have the football team!" replied Krysta, laughing.

"Oh, no... so no swords, no mauls, no weapons at all?"

"Well, we have some stuff, like in P.E. and some of the fighting clubs, but we're not allowed to carry weapons around. Why'd you ask?"

"I lost a dagger on my way here that's rather important, and I'd like to get a replacement...at least now I know it's possible. Don't suppose you'd know of a store where I could procure one?" asked Knyte.

"Sorry, but I'm new here too, so I don't know the area that well."

BlackBobTheMage

I should do that too >.<

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:09 pm

Bob looked back and forth between the two. He never moved his head, but his eyes shifted from one side to another whenever one of them spoke. He grimaced under the shadows, "Aw man, this guy TOTALLY ruined my groove..."... Not that he was getting anywhere in the first place...Image

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:42 pm

Katrina sighed and looked to Leon smiling. "Well Bro, looks like you finally managed to drag me into some school activity." She quickly stepped over to him putting him in a head lock jokingly. "Quite an accomplishment!"

Leon smiled and looked up at his sisters face as best he could. "Well you should have tried before..." He blinked realizing Amie was still there and began to blush a bit. Katrina chuckled before letting him go and straightening herself up. "So now what Leon? Any Idea how much more time we got?" Leon looked to Katrina shrugging. "Got me..."

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:51 pm

Jason groaned. Could he make it???

Finally, after five minutes, he was able to stand up. He didn't feel so well.... but it wasn't the first time he felt like this, just the first time at school. He slowly dragged himself back towards the main building.

Shuffling in through the main doors, he started heading towards Magic class. He had to go through the cafeteria, however, in order to get there.

Passing by, he noted that Anion was making friends quickly. Bah, who needed friends? They didn't care about you, they just got in your way. Why bother having them??

But, something inside him told him that was the wrong line of thinking. Oh well, screw it, just concentrate on getting to class, concentrate on getting to class....

He continued through the cafeteria. He was making slow progress... he was forced to sit down for a moment and take a quick breather.

This was NOT a good thing to feel at school.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:21 am

Not that he under stood but he knew that if he tried to figure this out he would only get a headache

"Ahaaa well that sounds......logical, so you from the what was it hmmm the golden plains wasn´t it?

He was curios so far he had figured out that they where half-casts like him and that they used “nose magic” more than that he didn’t knew.

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 10/31/02 6:22:36 am

SALSAlys

Lunch will be wrapping up in a few more posts...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:11 am

Amie glanced at her watch. "About... seven minutes. I better be heading back." Suddenly feeling akward, she flushed and turned away, beginning the walk back to school.

Sekor nodded, but it was Katyana who spoke again.

"Yes, we're foreign exchange students, and most people on the Plains are... well.... not full human? They are like Sekor or me, or part wolf or bird."

When Jason went through the cafeteria, the seat he had taken was at an emptying table, although there was one girl across from him. She had long, slightly curly red hair, like red amber... the sort of hue that seemed like it should come out of a bottle, although there were no tell-tale undyed roots showing. Her skin was dark, and her features and body seemed like they had stepped off the front cover of some glamour magazine.

However, she seemed content to ignore him, instead looking over her schedule.

(OOC: Lunch will be wrapping up in a few more posts, and the girl Jason is sitting across from is Kali, a junior. Yes, Kali is now a NPC instead of a PC, like I originally planned, but that can change... please check the OOC forum.)

Legend of 8

Lunch will be wrapping up in a few more posts...

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:50 pm

Jason sat down and took a few deep breaths, then realized just who he was sitting across from.

Panting, but not heavily, he couldn't help but ask. "Kali, right? Heard what happened to your place. Darn shame really." Then deciding he had enough strength to get to class again, he got up, and began shuffling towards class. That bag was getting heavier by the second... his levitation was wearing off pretty good now, a sure sign that next period was going to suck.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: Lunch will be wrapping up in a few more posts...

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:04 pm

Katrina brushed herself off and began too look around the park once more before starting to head back to the school building as well. "C'mon Bro, The next class we are both in! So lets get there early so we can sit next to each other!"

Leon sighed and began to treck along behind her securing hsi ocarina. "Wait up sis!" Stumbling for a moment he ran jogged after her.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:44 am

"Cool a land with half animals......wow we better get going next up is magic class and i don’t wanna miss that"

He sat up and looked at katyana

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:02 am

Kali glanced up, a momentary flash of hostility apparent on her face before she realized Jason had meant no harm.

"Thanks," she replied in a low voice. She glanced at her schedule one last time, then stood up. Her new outfit of the day appeared to be a pair of short black leather hotpants, with a metallic flame design going up the sides, and a one-strap black shirt with a slit up the strapless side.

She looked at Jason again, then, in a slightly slurred voice, as though she had been under great pressure recently, she asked

"Wan' a lil' help?" Then she winced at the sound of her own voice.

Katyana nodded. "That'll be interesting. I want to learn about how magic works here." She stood up, tidying her trash. Sekor followed suit, then all the three felines began walking back to the school.

Legend of 8

Lunch is almost over. MAGIC IS NEXT!!!!!! YES!!!

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:04 am

Jason stopped and turned around. She seemed sincere enough about helping...

"Sure, if you're going my way. I'm heading over to Morgan's class right now..." Jason felt odd, having someone ask to help him. It was something that people just.... didn't do anymore. Perhaps there was more to Kali then he had thought...

SALSAlys

Yepperooni. ^_^

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:13 pm

"Sure. 've got Morgan nex'too." Kali had slowed down her speech, trying to make her words more clear, but her physical body seemed healthy enough as she reached out to half-hoist Jason's pack, removing some of the weight from his back.

PriamNevhausten

Re: Yepperooni. ^_^

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:43 pm

Anion decided he was finished poking at his 'mashed potatoes,' and set the fork down, picking up the trays and throwing them away, mirroring other students. Sitting back down in the same spot, he asked, "So, Morgan's class is next, is it?...where is the classroom for that?" He looked over where Morgan had led him to the runic circle, anticipating that as a likely destination.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:14 pm

Jason nodded his head once as he spoke. "Thanks..." he muttered. He wasn't used to getting help from other people... but otherwise, he'd never make it to class.

"So, are you any good at magic?" Jason thought a second then almost blushed. "Wait, never mind, that's a stupid question...."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:18 am

Anion was right in assuming that the circle was near Morgan's classroom; in fact, Morgan was in another building just opposite of it, with the door wide open. Tables were arranged around a clear area, with a small teacher's desk near the back of the room, and a chalkboard near the desk. The elf in question was sitting at his desk, writing a few notes.

Kali made an expression halfway between a rueful grin and a grimace. "'Saright. Wasna big deal. 'M only a fire-mage, r'lly." They were entering the classroom now, a few steps ahead of Anion. Morgan glanced up as they entered, then nodded in greeting. Kali made a sketchy salute with two fingers, and snaked out a leg to pull a chair out for Jason, then pulled another out for herself.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:20 am

Leon and Katrina stumbled in after Kali stopping only too look at th teacher, then quickly pulling out two chairs they sat down next to each other. "Sooo think it will be as good as it was last year bro?" Leon shrugged, "Got me....."

((Short but im tired @___@ ))

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:27 pm

As they talked, Blaze and Nan'tulla took a circuitous route, leading them eventually to the magic classroom - they had both been at the school long enough to be able to time their walk to leave them at the classroom's door a minute or so before the end of the lunch break.

'Wonder what we'll be doing this year. I hope Morgan does some stuff on magical shielding - last year we concentrated more on offense, and shielding is really my specialty. I'd like to do more on elemental magic too, especially fire magic...'

~~~

Dermont had no intention of turning up for Magic on time. He had absolutely no magical affinity whatsoever - as evidenced by failed charm upon failed charm. Or maybe it was just that NO magic could cover up exactly what a repulsive person Dermont was. Dermont chose to believe the former, and thus considered Magic class a complete and utter waste of his time, despite Morgan's insistence that he did have some innate magical ability.

Morgan had given up in the end - a class without Dermont was a very nice class indeed, after all. He still made half-hearted efforts to get Dermont to turn up, but they both knew it wasn't genuine.

(If that goes too much against Morgan's character, I'll edit it Sal.)

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs