Love, Life, and Highschool (now asleep)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Legend of 8

Yays!!!! Magic class!!!!

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:39 pm

Jason sat down and thanked her. Taking his stuff back gratefully, he sat back in his chair. First day usually wasn't bad... it could be worse. Oh well... he'd live now that he could sit down. By the end of the class, he should be his old self again.

Speaking of the class, he hoped that they would learn some more spell-enhancements and add-ons.... he already knew powerful spells, but he wanted to make them even MORE powerful, and find ways to customize them to fit him.

Jason was ready for this class. It was the only one he would ever really look forward to. But he wondered just how many others shared his enthusiasm....

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: Yays!!!! Magic class!!!!

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:17 pm

Anion set himself down next to Jason, saying not a word.

SALSAlys

'Sokay, Blaze.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:59 pm

(Aiyah... if Faye doesn't post soon, I'm going to have to boot her out. >.<)

Nan'tulla grinned. "Be rather appropriate with your name, wouldn't it? Pyromancy..." She lowered herself into a chair rather awkwardly, but removed her backpack and made herself more comfortable.

Sekor, Sam, and Katyana were now making their way towards the classroom as well.

Amie stretched, then glanced at a clock.

"Eep! Class starts soon!" she exclaimed, hurriedly gathering up her stuff.

"What class do you have next?" she asked Bob, zipping up her backpack. "I have magic class."

Oz 200

Re: 'Sokay, Blaze.

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:44 am

Before stepping into the classroom he took of his jacket for the first time to day reveling his tattoos. He stepped into the classroom and took a set.

Faye Alkaline

Darn inconstant internet connection..

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:40 am

((I'm really sorry >_<;; problem explained above..and now I don't know whats going on...I'll just wing it for now..))

Faye stumbled into the ladies room holding her head. She felt like her head was going to split open and spwe the insides all over the glass, and wouldn't have been surprised if it did happen like that, might've been less painfull too. But instead she felt the growing pains of her horns, the small knubs now actually looking like curved up horns. She'd didn't know how long she'd been wandering around the halls, trying not be still for so long. As if constantly moving would help. She wobbled over to a stall and leaned heavily agaisnt it, sliding down slowly as she realized the was no way to hide her horns.
~-*~-*-~*~-*-~*~-*

Sheen had walked into the lockerroom for most recreation sports. BAsketball, soccer. That hadn't mattered to him, what he wanted to find was the football player's equipment. He had a small tube of "freezy warm" with the unfortunate soul's name on it.

((Freezy hot = Icey hot >_> .this is a brutal prank))

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Darn inconstant internet connection..

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:04 pm

Blaze took a seat beside Nan'tulla and behind Kali, taking off his pack and shoving it underneath the seat.

'Yeah.' He replied. 'To be honest, I just feel like I have an affinity to fire... I can't explain why.'

~~~

Dermont watched Faye with interest, his head peeking over the top of the stall she leaned against. He knew he was in deep trouble if he was caught, but he thought the risk was all too worth it. Besides, he should be okay as long as he got out before the end of 5th period.

Faye Alkaline

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:55 pm

Faye managed to get to her feet, her vision blurred and her head swimming. She used the stall as a bracer to get to the front of it..then opened the stall in hopes of having a nice place away from the world to be

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:32 pm

The door swung open, revealing Dermont behind it.

Eep.

Dermont grinned lopsidedly, waved, then tried to barge past her and escape.

Faye Alkaline

And the last of my rapid posts for today

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:42 pm

She was about to say sorry for barging in, but is knocked off her feet and onto the cold floor of the bathroom instead, her head making a thick "Cracking sound"

((Okay, done. Shes got a thick skull, literally. She isn't too hurt, just sounds like it))

SALSAlys

Where's Bob? I'll be assuming he went into the room...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:48 pm

Unfortunately for Damon, at that moment Ms. Schulz entered the bathroom, and he nearly crashed into her before she, with brutal efficiency, caught him in a head lock and pinned his arms behind his back.

"I'm sure you have a very lovely explanation for why you're in the girl's lavatory, hm?"

Then she glanced at Faye, noting her physical state.

"And you, would you like to come to the nurse's office?"

For perhaps the first time that day, Ms. Schulz's voice was gentle.

The rest of the students trickled into Morgan's classroom, and he glanced over them, not even bothering to check his roster. Then the bell rang.

"While a few students are absent— including Dermont, thank the gods— since class has started, we might as well begin. First off: I'm going to be laying a few rules. Being abusive to another, switching spell components as a 'joke', or— well, I trust most of you have enough discretion to figure out the rules, since they're only common sense, and are what will hopefully keep demons from the fifteenth level of Rakenkash from breaking loose. Magic is a tool, an art, and a science. However, it is also one which should be respected."

Mik, sitting in a corner near Terri, restrained a grunt of agreement.

"...But I think I'll stop that lecture at the risk of sounding like a narrow-minded twit. Just suffice to say that along with whatever injuries you inflict upon yourself by breaking the rules, you are also likely to spend the rest of the class in that lovely little aquarium I have on my desk. As a frog or amphibian of some sort."

BlackBobTheMage

I'm here!

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:16 pm

Bob was sitting toward the back of the room, his chin resting on his arms as he looked out to the teacher.

Legend of 8

Re: I'm here!

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:03 pm

Jason smiled weakly. He always liked this class... last year was cool, and he hoped that he'd get the opportunity to see another example of a student become an amphibian for the rest to look at all period. That was always funny.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:27 am

Sam was smiling he loved to use magic for more then one reason, this year was probably going to bee fun, he hoped he would get a opportunity to use some of his battle skills yhis year

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:56 am

Katrina let out a sigh as Morgan began to talk. "Bah, this class is kinda dull. All i really now how to do is fire and lightining magic..." She glanced around the room grumbling some more before turning to Leon. "Although the teachers kinda cute...."

Leon just grumbled. "I've been told I have some natural ability, but I dont like using magic...." He shook his head at Katrinas comment about Morgan being cute. "Yeah sure.."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:44 pm

Anion, meanwhile, fidgeted, bothered. He already knew the basic tenets of magic, and was somewhat skilled at from-scratch spellcraft, so all this was nothing new. Being as it WAS the magic classroom, any given spell would likely function normally, and Anion pondered casting a Slow spell on himself, to make class seem to pass faster. If only these 'common sense rules' were actually written out...it can't be 'common sense,' after all, if one is not 'common' to the area...

SALSAlys

Awright... first day is going to be a bit slow.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:48 pm

Morgan looked around.

"Now, first of all... this is going to be more than a bit boring to some of you, but bear with us here. Seniors, I'd like it if you'd spread around that section in the center of the class and link hands.

"From your previous years, you will remember warding, yes? Wards are to keep things out, or to contain things. Different things, from physical attacks to magical, or just certain people... even sound can be reflected with them. So for the freshmen, I'd like you to demonstrate a magical ward. And hopefully you'll remember how to do it, because then I'll be having the juniors flip a few of their attack spells at it.

"Sophomores, I'd like for you to take notes on the effects of the shielding and spells. See if there are any weak spots, and tell how you found them. Also note which spells seem like the most effective.

"Freshmen... I'll be explaining a bit of the magical theory behind this as we go along. Yes, Sekor?"

The tiger lowered his hand. "Sir, I do not know how to do magic."

"Why don't— oh yes, Plains, different kind of magic, different background.... just listen to the lecture, like the freshmen. Katyana, do you know this?"

"Not... sure. I know magic, but..." She shrugged. "Not this kind."

"Hm. Pay attention to my lecture then. And if you are able to find weak spots somehow, make notes of them."

Mikhael stood up, stepping carefully towards the area in the center of the room, Nan'tulla following carefully. The sophomores— including Sekor— took out their notebooks as the freshmen squirmed excitedly.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: Awright... first day is going to be a bit slow.

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:57 pm

Katrina blinked at the concept of linking hands to form a ward but she shrugged and got up from her seat walking to the center of the room as well.

Leon fidgeted as he didn't exactly want to use an attack spell on anyone none the less at something his sister was going to be involved in. "Oh man....."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:11 pm

Anion chuckled to himself. Maybe he wouldn't have to be bored today...he'd studied wards VERY well in the keep, with a special focus on finding weaknesses.

Today would be a very fun day indeed.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:37 am

Jason sighed, relieved. He only had to take notes today... that was great. He happily grabbed pencil and paper, NOT using magic, because he knew how fidgety this stuff was, and sometimes, with even the slightest use of magic, including minor acts of teleportation, could disrupt another spell. He remembered reading that somewhere over the summer... no wonder Magic Wars were so darn bad... half the spells never came out as they were intended, probably.

He was happy to take notes, especially since he was so tired... being a sophmore was great this time around... he was good at this. He could pick out a weakness from a flaw any day of the year, in the dark, in his sleep. Wards were good.... they would help him later on, when the duel academy was brought back... it would help him climb quickly to the top.

He smiled as he watched the students prepare to start their spells. He wondered if anyone would mess up their wards... that was generally amusing, except when one of the older students used spells that were too powerful.... he didn't want to see that, not today.

PriamNevhausten

a duel!...of sorts.

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:16 am

Anion noticed Jason taking on a similar amount of glee to his own, and got an idea. He poked Jason lightly in the arm. "What say you to a friendly wager? I stake that I can find more weaknesses per barrier than you during this class period."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 11/5/02 12:16:46 am

Oz 200

Re: a duel!...of sorts.

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:58 am

He walked out and tock his place, well as long as he didn’t need to mow stuff or boil water he was happy and wards wasn’t that hard........right.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:42 am

Jason smiled. "Okay, you're on. Just a friendly bet, right? Or do you want to wager something on it...? I've had that trick played on me before, so I'm not going to have it happen again. Which is it?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:30 pm

Blaze grinned as he stood and took his place in the circle. Shields and wards were his specialty - it was unlikely that his work would have many flaws.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:40 pm

"How about a real wager...something important. The winner gets a favor from the loser; a favor whose nature and timeframe is to be decided whenever the winner chooses. Is that a well-enough pot?"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:33 pm

Jason thought a moment. Hmm.... a favor... well.....

"All right. So long as it doesn't involve killing anyone."

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:30 am

"Terms accepted," Anion said with a smirk. He started shaking his hands in the air, loosening up for a period of fast writing. He set three sheets of paper in front of him, taking from the small pile nearby. A good thing that it was mostly grammar that changed over the ages, and not words' spellings, he thought.

SALSAlys

And here we go!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:06 am

As the seniors linked hands and went through the process of creating a group shield, Morgan gently explained the techniques they were using to the freshmen. Sekor took notes, although from the slightly confused expression on his face he wasn't familiar with this style of magic.

The same look of confusion was on Katyana's face, but she seemed to at least understand, perhaps contrasting it with her own branch of magic.

Morgan broke off the lecture slightly to glance at the seniors. "Ready?"

They nodded or mumbled assent.

"Then juniors, use your spells."

Kali stood up, placing one hand on the back of her chair to stabilize, then cocked her index finger and thumb up in the classic gun-gesture used by so many young boys. However, a small fireball launched itself from the tip of her index finger, bursting against the shield and 'splattering' over it, spreading in a curved sheet of flame before flickering out.

Legend of 8

Re: And here we go!

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:28 am

Jason noted the reactions of the spell used on the shield. Obviously, fire was a common element used all too often... when first assaulting a shield, use a different spell.

ArgusDevilmen

I'll Let you decide how hard this hits.

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:29 am

Leon sighed and slowly raised his right hand into the air. He began to chant silently as a dark figure began to loom over his head. He made numerous gestures with his left hand as he was preparing the spell. Before long a dark ball formed in his right hand and it began to trickle with electricity. After a few moments he placed his right hand in front of him aligning it with his left. Aiming at the Seniors he gulped and launched off the Dark lightning ball flying back a few inches from the force of the shot. He shook his head staring as the Ball went hurdling towards the Seniors......

PriamNevhausten

Re: I'll Let you decide how hard this hits.

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:43 pm

Anion scribbled furiously. The fireball had not simply disappeared, but dispersed first--a nice effect to distribute the load of energy across the shield. It could be better, however--the entire shield itself had remained primarily invisible, meaning that only the parts actually touched by the fire had absorbed any of the damage. While this was normally good, as you don't want the entire shield to fall if the enemy loads up spells on a single point, an echoic spread effect was frequently a better choice. Bonus points to the seniors for making sure that the fireball had not bounced back, as well.

Turning his attention from the shield itself, he watched the seniors. They appeared generally confident in their abilities, though one or two seemed to have some doubts. They were, of course, the weak links, and Anion would be watching very carefully the effects of any spells that came towards their portions of the shield.

SALSAlys

And I have decided. ^_~

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:53 pm

Leon's ball of dark energy was also spread, but the flow was more intense, springing out and almost creating a ripple effect across the group shield. A trickle of the magic was able to flow in though, in a section where Nan'tulla's section was merging with Mikhael's, clinging to the inside of the shield in an odd perspective before being soaked into the shield. A weak spot had been found.

However, the weak spot was soon closed as Mikhael's grip on Nan'tulla's hand tightened.

Then Stacy stood up. Muttering a few words under her breath and making an elaborate hand gesture with her left hand, she then flicked her hand toward the shield, unleashing a horde of small dancing sprites, gossamer and ethereal. The figures went to the shield and hovered uncertainly there. Stacy shooed them in with her hands, and as soon as they touched the shield, they disappeared.

...that was odd. They didn't SMELL real. I could smell that there was something different in the air... but no real body. Illusion? wondered Katyana, idly pencilling the word in. Krysta was watching the demonstration, looking fascinated by the variety of spells.

Amie had already reached the same conclusion, scribbling in, then making a quick note of the seam where Nan'tulla and Mikhael hadn't had perfectly meshed shields.

Legend of 8

Re: And I have decided. ^_~

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:53 pm

Hmm..... so, in essence, when using a group shield, in order to use it properly, the people would need to be in perfect sync in order to perform it properly. Interesting.

It also seemd that, while the 'illusion' was a nice effect, it had no effect whatsoever. But...... they had DETECTED that there was indeed a shield there. Intruiging. Nice use of a spell.... he'd need to remember that one. He quickly jotted down in addition to this that certain summons may be able to tell if there is a barrier.

This was quite interesting.... Noting also that not all the students were confident, he wondered why. Shielding in itself was not hard.... perhaps one could transfer energy to another in order to make a better shield, or to seal up any weak points??

He'd noted on the paper to look that up later.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: And I have decided. ^_~

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:41 am

Blaze stood with his eyes closed, almost as if asleep. He wasn't, in fact, and was instead using a neat trick Morgan had taught him last year. He was sending out tiny mana probes to explore the shield, allowing him to visualise it in his mind and see where it was weakest. For the most part it was holding well, but Mikhael and Nan'tulla seemed to be having problems holding their section of the shield together.

Silently he willed the students to centre their spells on his section of the shield. If they did so it would minimalise impact on that weak spot, and he felt confident that he could cope with it, unless they knew some extraodinarily advanced spells.

SALSAlys

Constant shifting of subject line = me!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:06 am

The shield flickered slightly, then centered on Blaze, stabilizing and managing the flow better.

Then an odd feeling from Mik; radiating from his portion of the shield, the invisible bubble became slightly more translucent to those with the sight to see such things, softer and more porous... although it didn't seem to weaken.

Mm. Ought to absorb most of the spells tossed at us, and add that power to the shield, the ogre thought. Not sure if anybody else knows this spell... I had to look it up and ask Morgan.

After the events at the magic duel a year ago, he had made shielding something of a specialty.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Constant shifting of subject line = me!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:40 am

Even though he was satisfied that the shield had been strengthened, Blaze still sent out his mana probes, and so saw the change in Mik's area of the shield.

What's this? thought Blaze. Seems like I'm not the only one with a shielding specialty.I should definately ask Mik to teach me that one.

Legend of 8

Interesting shielding techniques....

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:12 am

Jason continued to watch, but then he noticed that one of the students was doing something rather.... odd. He almost seemed to be sleeping, but when he saw his section of the shield get hit, it had MUCH less effect on it.

Closing his eyes for a moment, he decided to see what was happening. He detected that something new he'd never seen before was being used... small, but very effective.

Opening his eyes, he smiled. Then he noticed the surge of power in the other end of the shield.

Scribbling down more notes, he added that not everyone was good at shielding, and that it COULD be taken as a specialty, something he'd never known before. These shields were quite powerful indeed...

PriamNevhausten

Re: Interesting shielding techniques....

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:55 pm

Anion, caught in the competition, started writing down things that weren't necessarily weaknesses within the shield's execution, but weaknesses within the TYPE of shield used. His mind raced with the methods he'd been taught in bypassing wards, and he started jotting down numerous breaching methods as 'weaknesses' inherent in the shield.

Faye Alkaline

Faker!

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:17 am

((Lateness.....))

Faye was alright, but she felt drained from the whole ordeal.. She admittingly felt too lazy to respond to the person's voice. She kept lying there, her back to Dermont and the staff member. She felt as if she could just..doze off at any moment.

IM: sleep...doesn't sound like a bad idea...

BlackBobTheMage

Re: Faker!

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:36 am

Bob glanced up at the whole ordeal, but was not phased. Sheilds were not his point of interest at the moment. His attention was afixed on Anion. He watched the boy silently, as if expecting something.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=blackbobthemage@rpgww60462>BlackBobTheMage</A] at: 11/9/02 3:38:31 am

ArgusDevilmen

A Multi-elemental attack?

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:51 pm

Katrina grumbled clutching whoever's hand she had been staring at Leon who was standing back up for another spell. "Oh boy..." Figuring this, she began to focus more of her energy into the ward, not wanting to be a minor supporter.

Leon sighed and glanced at the others whom attacked as well he began pull out his ocarina placing it in his right hand as he raised his left. "Divine light that supports the world......" He began to chant silently preparing one of his custom spells. "Power which shakes the heavens..." The class room began to shake for a moment, as the floor beneath Leon cracked open ever so slightly. "Darkness of the underworld..." Light began to gather in Leons raised left hand as darkness began to pour out of the crack beneath his feet.

The light began to brighten to a momentarily blinding light as the darkness crawled up his leg jumping up his right arm into his ocarina, while the light did the same pouring itself into the instrument. He raised the ocarina to his lips merely mumbling out the name of the spell,"Divine Darkness wave." As he placed his lips upon the ocarina blowing into it the instrument glowed dark, then light as a giant wave of energy, shifting from light to dark energy burst out from the ocarina, Leon holding his ground as the wave began to hurdle towards the ward. As the wave left the Instrument Leon slumped to the floor, spent up with his magical energy.

(( Again its your call upon how hard it hits, and this is his most powerful spell more or less. ))

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs