Love, Life, and Highschool (now asleep)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
SALSAlys

Re: A Multi-elemental attack?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:21 pm

The tide of energy crashed against the shield, shifting over it and blocking the warders from sight. Opaque and shifting, it appeared to be in odd balance with the power-absorbing shield; neither yielding its power, nor doing actual damage.

...hey.

Kali cocked up her hand again, muttering a single word before firing a small 'net' of fire, which clung to the magic, weakening the shield beneath the wave... although the shield was absorbing the net's power, it was absorbing less than the net was weakening.

If the warders didn't do something new, the wave would break through.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:14 pm

AHA!!! So, multiple attacks on a shield DID affect the outcome!!! Seems as if the wards absorbed the energy, not dispersed it!!! That's why the fire net was so effective!!! It's energy loss was very little to begin with, and thus, it was harder to absorb, because it was made to be a long-lasting spell, not a quick one like the others. Jotting this down, he also added:

Use long lasting spells such as a fire net to weaken shields/barriers/wards. The absorption rate for these spells is quite small, and using continuous spells is useful.

But he knew that spells like that usually took much more energy to use.... something he would have to work around.

He also jotted this down:

Maybe it is possible to shift magical power over to barrier power. This would use the absorption in a much more efficient way...

'Note to self... experiment with this at home.'

Edited by: Legend of 8 at: 11/9/02 8:17:05 pm

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:39 am

Brute force actually worked?...well, I suppose it's only natural with living ward points...

Anion scribbled more notes, including the shifting-to-opacity and its apparent ability to weaken under an attack from a single side.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:07 am

Up till now Sam had only stood there keeping he’s part of the ward up, but even he knew when iy was time to do some thing. Even though wards weren’t his speciality he knew how to use elemental protection.

IM: well they used a fire net so i will stop them from using that again.

“Flames and brimstone.....” the tattoo with the word fire on his arm started to shine (this happens when he use lightning, fire ore spells involving animals) “gather round and bring a shield to fight fire with fire”

A blazing wave spread across the ward.

IM: this will work against fire spells

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 11/10/02 1:09:02 am

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:22 am

Okay... another student tried something new.... what was it??? It appeared to be nulliflying the effects of the fire net... interesting. Must have something to do with elements...

Scribbling this down, he wondered if there were any ways around this.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:04 am

As the shield became repellant of fire, Blaze thought about what he could do to improve the shield.

Firstly, he wove a water-nullifying spell into the shield, realising that other elemental spells could be brought to bear on the shield.

He knew a reflect spell was out of the question - unless he wanted to kill the students outside of the shield, that is. Unless... He quickly ran through the calculations...

I have no idea if this'll work, but it's worth a try...

He concentrated on the shield, seeing it as a massive centre of energy building up on the magical weave that permeated the world.

'The energy that we have brought forth, I command you to take on the property of reflection - acting like a mirror against those spells which seek to harm us!'

He saw Morgan's eyes widen is shock, so he quickly hurried on to the second part of his custom spell. Before the spell locked into place along the shield, he hastily weaved another shielding spell around the reflect spell.

If his calculations had been correct, the spells reflected would only reflect a yard or two forward, where they would then form another shield. He very much hoped he was right.

SALSAlys

Yay, more lecture stuff.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:29 am

Morgan grinned slightly, and then the fire net dispersed, absorbed into the power of the group shield, as was the dark wave.

"All right... juniors, stop casting magic. Seniors, please keep your shields up. I want all of you to examine these shields now... and say if there are any weak spots you can see. This means everybody, seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshmen."

Katyana looked at the shields, sniffing slightly. Then she cautiously raised her hand.

"Yes, Katyana?"

"The shields smell."

A few freshmen blinked.

"Care to explain?"

Curiously enough, she wasn't looking at the shields... although her nose was facing them. White slitted eyes in dark orbs looked back at Morgan.

"The... the smell of the shields... is very strong. Easy to change. To shift. To... what's the word? Manipulate." The catgirl had to pause several times to look for the right word to use.

"So your different magical system is able to affect this system's, hm? However, this system could cope with yours... by rout of being odorless. Your race's sense of smell must be more acute than most, in order to smell magic."

Katyana shrugged. "Never had to do that before... just smell people. Places." Her tail coiled around her wrist.

"Well, that's something to keep in mind, class... that there are different magical systems— although I think Katyana is the only one likely to use a different system— and if you want a shield to be protected against all outside forces, you'll have to remember how to nullify those other systems. Anybody else?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Yay, more lecture stuff.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:01 pm

Blaze still had his eyes closed, probing the shield. Despite his continued effort in maintaining every spell he had woven into the group shield, he had yet to break out in a sweat.

'Due to multiple casters maintaining the same shield, different styles are inherent in different areas of the shield - thusly it doesn't mesh as well as it would if it was maintained by a single caster, leaving weak points where the shields join. This is the negative point to counter its greater strength. I believe that's one of few physical laws that are applicable to magic too, sir - everything has an equal opposite.'

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:08 pm

Anion, challenge issued by Morgan, was working furiously to decipher the shield. Every one of them had a pattern, the problem was figuring it out...and with that many ward points, it would be like a rubik's cube...and with the ward points being alive, it would be like a rubik's cube made out of dodecahedrons carved from jello. Still, everything had a weak point...Now, if it were hit there, and then there...and a blast from that side with...let's see... He shifted in his chair, preparing to stand up to demonstrate his 'solution' as soon as everyone else was done pointing out flaws.

BlackBobTheMage

Unread postby BlackBobTheMage » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:17 pm

Bob snapped back to reality after a few moments of thought and began to hastily copy down notes. He wasn't a great student, nor did he claim to be. He did however see himself as someone who was able to be one, if he applied himself. He looked around after half listening to Katyana, trying to find something...or someone to occupy his eyes other than a piece of notebook paper and a pencil. He was pretty practicle with his school supplies, usually comming to school armed with a few notbooks and a pencil, which he usually lost throught the day. This left him no room to entertain himself with markers or making various designs with staples.

Magic was not Bobs subject, which seemed silly espeacially since he was from a long line of Black Mages. He was able to do magic, controlling it was his difficulty. He saw the subject as a mixture of somewhat interesting philosiphy, and mostly boring work. It wasn't that it was to easy for Bob, but it was the fact that his heart wasn't really meant for a huge study in magic...yet, anyway.

As Bob thought more and more about his day, he remembered that guy who had helped him up in the hall. He had been in such a hurry, that he had forgotten his name, though Bob was sure the had mentioned it. He couldn't tell if the guy was a student or faculty member. He tried to remember the face he saw before running off, looking quietly around for any resemblence to the image of the face in his head. After all, he WAS just that bored.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:57 pm

Jason raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Uhmm.... if what you just said is true, then would it not be possible to affect your opponents shields by merely casting your own spell on theirs, then using the weaknesses you are already aware of in your own shield to your advantage? I mean, if that were so, then it would be too easy to get through, and thus, nullify the entire need for even having a barrier if you couldn't control it."

Of course, he hadn't spoken his entire mind. He reserved the casting barrier on your opponent to himself... that way the spell would hit the opponent as soon as they casted it... just simple little manipulations... yes, indeed that WAS a good word for it.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:28 am

Katrina broke away from the group and walked over to Leon kneeling down to help him up. "You okay bro? You didn't have to try so hard ya know..." She glanced around the classroom for a moment after that helping Leon to his feet who quickly brushed himself off. "I'm okay... Just wont be casting any more spells today..." He let out a sigh and looked back to Morgan as did Katrina.

SALSAlys

My, this was almost dead.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:46 pm

"Nice theory, save that a forced shielding wouldn't work very neatly. And if you had enough sheer power to meld the two together in order to use those weaknesses, then you'd probably also have enough power to just break through those shields with simpler methods," Morgan replied, glancing over the students.

"And that should be enough for today... class is about to end."

Krysta started, then glanced at the clock.

Wow, that went by quickly, she thought.

Then the bell rang.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Indeed

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:59 pm

Blaze released the hands of those on either side of him, and dropped all of his shielding. He then walked over to Morgan.

'I'm curious sir - my last spell, would it have worked?'

Legend of 8

Re: Indeed

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:07 pm

"Well, Mr. Thatcher, here I come.... end of the day is cummin' up. Can't wait can't wait can't wait...."

Now Jason seemed to be more like his old self. School was almost out.... that meant lotsa fun.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:05 pm

Katrina pulled along Leon as she ran off. "Cmon! The days almost over!" Katrina broke off from Leon who still somewhat dazed from his use of spells. He shook it off quickly thought and walked off to Mrs. Wu's room taking a seat silently at the front of the class. Katrina meanwhile reaching her own room, Mr. King's and taking a seat at the front of her class as well. She looked about shrugging as she was the first one there it seemed.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:45 am

Jason slowly shuffled in... he was in no hurry. Moving to the back of the room as the others stumbled in, he took his trademark seat in the back-left corner. (From his standpoint)

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:14 am

Morgan smiled at Blaze. "For creating a new shield using the reflection... yes, but the shield created by your opponent's spells would only help defend against similar magics. For example, a dark magic spell, once reflected off of your shield and into the new one, would only help defend against dark magic."

Mr. King looked about self-indulgently, apparently pleased with the start of the new class. He was a big man, more than slightly paunchy and bald on top, although the hair which wasn't on his scalp appeared to be more than made up for by his bushy beard.

Mr. Thatcher was a lean, wiry black man with a small goatee and a closely-shaven skull. He had goggles perched on his head, and some beakers were set up near the front of the room, along with various chemicals in small, tightly sealed jars. He waved at each entering student.

Mrs. Wu turned out to be a small, slim Asian woman, as her name suggested. Her hair reached mid-back level, and was tied into a gentle, loose ponytail.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:08 am

'Oh god,' Jason thought to himself as Mr. Thatcher waved at him. 'He's like a gnome.... only taller. And darker. But, other than that, he's a gnome.'

"Shit," he muttered under his breath to himself. He was going to hate this class... unless they got to blow things up often, and the teacher didn't act TOO much like a gnome.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:55 pm

” Morgan o have a thing i want to ask you……is ok if i try out some of the scrolls my parents left me?” (His parents are dead)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:30 pm

'Well that's good then, sir, seeing as that's all I had intended it to do.'

Blaze moved aside, smiling, and set off to his next class.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:37 am

Morgan nodded. "Of course, Sam. After school sound good?"

Katyana gave Sekor a quick hug before joining Krysta in Mr. Thatcher's room, as Sekor quietly went to Mr. King. Amie entered a few minutes later.

Kali, meanwhile, had slung her backpack over her shoulder and was taking loose, free-swinging strides towards Mrs. Wu's.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:53 am

”tanks Morgan”

he ran to the next class room and took a set next to Sekor

SALSAlys

Re: Faker!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:30 pm

(Sorry this has been abandoned... or seemingly so... it shall return, though, I swear! And Faye, sorry about leaving you out for so long... Sheen has free rein on what he can do to bug those annoying jocks, and I'll take care of Faye. ^_^ Students, just settle in.)

Faye eventually succumbed to slumber....

... and woke up in the nurse's office, the lady in question tutting slightly. "First that boy, then you... I'm starting to wonder about this school. Feeling better, hon? Sixth period should be starting soon."

Dermont, meanwhile, had been royally chewed out by Ms. Flamerr, and being jostled along to his sixth period class by a tight-lipped Ms. Schulz.

"Remember, you're going to have to report after school to the P.E. teacher, Mr. Sutter," she said grudgingly. "He'll be the one in charge of your disciplinary action."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:35 pm

Dermont yawned rudely, and walked away. The day had been somewhat boring, he decided - he would endeavour to get more done on the morrow.

~~~

Blaze walked into Mr. King's class, and took one of the few remaining seats.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:55 pm

Rubbing his hands, Jason was eager to get the day over with, get his yoyo back from Ms. Slaven, and get the hell away from here. His favorite class gone by, he now couldn't wait to just get out of here.

Edited by: Legend of 8  Image at: 11/26/02 9:41:09 pm

SALSAlys

Back on track!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:36 pm

(The teacher who took the yo-yo was Mrs. Slavan...)

Mr. Thatcher smiled broadly at the students, not attempting to gather any attention. He lowered his goggles and began puttering about with the various liquids and powders up front.

Then, with a sudden flare of blue light, a plume of smoke shot towards the ceiling, and a faint hissing, sizzling noise could be heard. Inside a large beaker, a turquoise liquid bubbled heatedly as the last of the steam rose off of it. The noise cut through the nervous chatter in the room like a knife through butter, and left silence in its wake.

Mr. King looked about pugnaciously, then scratched his chin. "Welcome to class!" he boomed, voice thick and rolling. "This year should be interesting, and none of your heads should be full of mush by the end of it..."

He launched into a long lecture, gaze flitting about the room and offering no escape as he began speaking of his life and the way it had shaped him into the strong, capable man he was this day, yessiree.

Nan'tulla groaned slightly, and hid a yawn.

Mrs. Wu looked over her students, standing near the front of the room, silent but giving an aura of respect.

"Hello. I am your teacher, Mrs. Wu, and for today we'll be passing out papers, showing required materials... you'll also need to be organizing notebooks, and the notebooks will be graded on how neat they are and if you keep the papers in order. This first day is going to be very slow, so please bear with me."

With that, she began passing out several sheets of paper, and giving a quiet tour of the classroom, indicating where books were kept, extra pencils, a bin for collecting papers, a bin for turning in papers...

Kali shrugged, passing down some more of the papers, slightly bored.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: Back on track!

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:43 pm

Katrina sighed as Mr. King began to ramble she looked to the clock from time to time eagerly waiting for this boring period to finish.

Leon passed a paper back behind him since he was close to the front and then turned back around to actually look at the paper. "Neatness... oh boy..."

Legend of 8

Re: Back on track!

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:45 pm

(Changed the previous post. Pardon my spelling, I've come down sick as of late.)

Jason was hardly amazed by it. "Oooh yay, fireworks... boy, this ought to be a GREAT year..." he muttered to himself unenthusiastically. Then he suddenly perked up and smiled. "Fireworks... yes, that's it.... I wonder.... ehh, I'll ask him later after school."

He began to plot silently in the corner.

Faye Alkaline

Hoody hoo!

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:40 am

Sheen took a look at his handiwork. He tosses the tube of freezey cold in the trash and in a cliche way dusted his hands off. He had squeezed the tube into the jockstraps of the jocks. He knew what the effect would be, and grinned. "That'll show them.." he then exited the gym, feeling quite satisfied with himself.

Faye found herself looking directly up at the ceiling of the nurses'. She hadn't quite figured she had fallen asleep. She had a more urgent problem. She felt across her forehead and felt the silver horns protruding from her forehead "..no.." is the only word she manages to get out of her mouth

(Tis okay Salys o.o

SALSAlys

Need more people to post...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:30 pm

The nurse brushed gentle fingers over Faye's horns. "Do they ache? Or what is the matter, dear?" she asked gently, not seeming phased by the unusual protrusions.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Need more people to post...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:23 pm

Finding no educational value in Mr. King's current lie of speech, Blaze was content to let himself drift into a daydream.

The exact details of said daydream are not really relevant - let us just say that they involved a number of different ways that Mr. King could be humiliated using just a single piece of chalk and an elastic band.

Faye Alkaline

Er..Sorry!

Unread postby Faye Alkaline » Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:27 pm

Faye shook her head "no, though they do feel kind of weird when you touch them.."

(short, I know. But I am in a hurry, I'm in class..Ironicly XP)

Legend of 8

Need more people to post... my thoughts exactly

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:06 pm

Jason stretched. God this was boring.... he waited for the bell to ring. He wanted to get the hell outta here.

(OOC: On a thread-related note... maybe you should try recruiting again?)

SALSAlys

Roll call.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:17 pm

(Ahem... a la Jak Snide, I'm going to be having a roll call in the OOC forum. Please post and say you're still around... I'm gonna be more lenient with Faye 'cuz she can't get on the Internet all the time, but if within two or so weeks somebody doesn't turn up for roll call, I'm going to be dropping them from the RP.)

Oz 200

Re: Roll call.

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:28 am

Sam just sat there and jawed.

IM: this sucks, this dud doesn’t make any sense at al to me

SALSAlys

Temporary sleep.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:12 pm

(This arpee is officially temporarily asleep and off. It WILL be revived later if I have my way, but.... *sigh*)

Previous

Return to Other RPs