The Randomly Created Dungeon-Freestyle RP

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
MagicaLynx

The Randomly Created Dungeon-Freestyle RP

Unread postby MagicaLynx » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:37 pm

The Randomly Created Dungeon is, well, a Randomly Created Dungeon. The point of this RP is to explore the Randomly Created Dungeon. (Hereby referred to as the RCD) You will develop a character, and party with other RPers in the RCD. This is a freestyle RP, and I don't know what it means here, but where I come from, it means D&D-ish. If you haven't played D&D, let me explain some things.

Exploring
Exploring is done how you want it, when you want it, where you want it. For example, there can be two people in a room, and one can go left, one can go right, and they can do whatever. This is more like a story than a turn-based combat-centered RP.

Combat
Combat is done however you want it to be, D&D style. You can do whatever you want in combat. For example, you could take off your underwear and beat the troll to death with it. (Just an example)

To create a character, I will need to know your characters
Name
Items
Equipment
and that's all. The other players will learn your characters history over time.
So, let the exploring of the RCD begin!

MagicaLynx

Re: The Randomly Created Dungeon-Freestyle RP

Unread postby MagicaLynx » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:38 pm

Name- Lynx
Age- 17
Occupation- Mercenary
Items- None
Equipmen- Leather Armor, Chain Mail, Scythe, Broadsword, Many many knives

MagicaLynx

Unread postby MagicaLynx » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:41 pm

~~~Entering the RCD~~~

Lynx is in a big room covered in fungi and urinals. He moves toward a round urinal and looks inside. He sees many maggots, and eats one. He goes to puke in the room N of his room.

In the room where he decided to puke, he sees a bed fashioned out of flowers with a Sprite in it. He shakes the Sprite, and she slaps him. He chops the Sprite's head off with a swipe of his Broadsword, which he named Talatsu.

~~~Exiting the RCD~~~

MagicaLynx

Unread postby MagicaLynx » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:53 pm

~~~ Entering the RCD ~~~
Lynx decides to go poo, and steps into an outhouse.
*FLUSH*
Lynx gets sucked down the toilet.
Lynx decides to walk around saying "LOLOLOFDSJKFHJKERLKEFS".
Lynx does so. Lynx sees another person-thing.
Lynx goes and finds that it is a nameless NPC.
Lynx's calculations: NPC=Expendable
Lynx kills the NPC and the world rejoices.
~~~ Exiting RCD ~~~

OOC: Yeah, I'm really really bored right now.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:14 pm

(Sorry... the idea/concept of your first post would fit better in the OOC forum, and the rest... it seems like more of a MUD or chat-style arpee than the usual board stuff we do. Just pointing stuff out. And having a plot is usually a must-have.)

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:12 am

Two notes:

First, you made a very understandable mistake: most RP announcements are made in the OOC Forum. This is so that prospective players can respond to the idea and join in the campaign. Once a GM (game master, supreme ruler of the RP, whatever you call it) has his players, they elope and are united in a beautiful ceremony somewhere in central Nebraska, and they live happily ever after.

...wait, no, I'm thinking of something else. Actually, once a GM has players, then he or she creates a post in the RP forum, and THEN they live happily ever after.

The second is a bit trickier. Generally, RPs have a bit more substance. If you may literally do "whatever you want," then there's really little point in getting together to do it. Especially when "whatever you want" can be incredibly ridiculous. There's no challenge, very little excitement, and potentially, a lot of random yelling. 'cause what happens when my "whatever I want" conflicts with someone else's "whatever I want."

There's also very little to hold this story together. This works fine for some games, but does not work well at all for group storytelling. Admittedly, not all RPs are created for storytelling, and in the right setting, playing for the challenge of "winning" is worthwhile as well. But where there's no challenge, there's no point.

So this could be fun for a few spammy moments, but would likely dissolve if people got involved.

Still, best of luck in future endeavours!

For your efforts, you may have one kitty. Not two. One.

Enjoy your stay at RPGWW!

-White Knight
"There are so many things that you really should know
and that's why I'm bothering telling you so.
You should know the first names of the Fudnuddler Brothers
who like to pile each on the heads of the others..." - Doctor Seuss, Oh Say Can You Say

Return to Other RPs