To Be the Greatest (MAC RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

To Be the Greatest (MAC RP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:57 pm

It is the year 3092. You are a student at the MAC Igala Academy, and the school year ended about a month ago. You are enjoying your summer and don't look forward to doing much for the next month or so.

One day, you receive a letter in the mail. It is very important looking, and the return address is from the Doman Military Alliance. It's odd to you to see a return address from this nation. Not only do you not know no one from the country, but ever since its union with other neighboring countries, it hasn't been the most stable of nations.

When you open it, inside is an invitation that reads...

<center> Greetings, pilot.

You've been selected out of thousands to participate in the Doman Invitational Tournament.

In 6 days you will be transported to the capital of the DMA, Zauran, and entertained by our cordial AI staff between battles.

Please prepare yourself for battle as this will be an ordeal like you have never known.

Until then...

King Alexander Domanada</center>

You put the letter down, and think about what you have just read...

(OK, hi folks. Decided to do the whole RP prep thing after you read the opener. Standard rules for an RP. I will need 6 RPers, three Teks, two Machinists, and one Mage. If you want to enter and don't know the rules, here to get all the info you need. This will be a serious RP, so please no spamming, y'all. It's rude. And...

You have my solemn word I'll finish this one, no matter how long it takes.)

Divinegon2130

Re: To Be the Greatest (MAC RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:08 pm

(OOC: Jeremy's information can be found near the bottom of the MAC character page. I don't know all of the rules, however.)

Jeremy thought it unusual that he would receive any mail from anyone. Especially from the Doman Military Alliance. He set the letter down, wondering what this would mean for his family. He seemed to be one of the most unusual pilots around. Especially for the fact that he was a nezujin, often looked down upon.

Then his brother came up to him from behind.

"What's wrong Jer?"

Jeremy was even more startled than he had been by the letter. He turned to his brother, a look of frustration on his face.

"Edward! Haven't I told you enough times not to sneak up on me like that?"

Edward simply responded, "Not really Jer."

Jeremy sighed at this. "Okay, here's the deal." He picked up the letter. "See this? I've been selected for a tournament. Selected by someone named Alexander Domanada."

(OOC: Okay, enough of the intro for me. Jeremy's a Machinist, for purposes of the counting. Edward's only there for story purposes - Jeremy's the real character I'm using.)

FlamingDeth

If there's anything wrong with this character, speak now...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:57 pm

(No one ever commented about 'dis here character in the MAC thread, so I'm assuming it's ok...or something?)

Rufus sat in his machine shop back home, happy that for once, his parents off doing...whatever it is that old fogey nekojin do. He was happy for them to be off somewhere else...it gave him the opportunity to be alone and tinker with his machines, instead of listening to his father's war stories. He looked towards the watch that he was currently working on (as opposed to the dozens of other half finished "projects" he had lying about the room), and realized that he left his jewelers screwdrivers over by the door. He got up, and carefully maneuvered around the mess on the floor to where they lay...however, once he began to pick up said tools, the door slammed open throwing him against a large crate containing various mechanical apparatus, on his head, looking none to comfortable.

Rufus's father scrambled excitedly through the door. "Heyheyhey! I can't believe you haven't seen this yet!" the aged nekojin exclaimed, waving a piece of paper frantically through the air. "This here letter, from the Doman Military Alliance! =@_____@"=

Rufus uprighted himself and dusted himself off. "...huh? Who's it addressed to? =o.O="

"You, o' course!"

"...so your reading my mail now?"

"Hey! It's only because you took so long to get to it! I mean, it must have been out there for two or so hours!"

"...um...WHAT?!" Rufus retorted, somewhat startled. "You expect me to know that there's mail after only two hours?!"

"Yup! =^__^=" responded his father. "'specially when it's from the DMA!"

"But...but..." Rufus paused for a moment. Gah...no point in arguing with him when he's like this... "Anyhow...can I read, maybe?"

In response to this, his father grabbed him by his leg, upturning him and began to drag him along back towards their home. "Not the point! Come on, you best get packing!"

"But...but...what does it saaaaaay?! @_@"

Ignoring Rufus completely, his father continued dragging him towards their home, not intending to let Rufus miss this opportunity...

RebelKitsune

Ditto for me d00d!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:56 pm

(Here is my character's description! ^__^ I worked hard on this one... I wanna be in an MAC RP!)

Nate was in her bedroom, staring out of her window, bored as hell, without anything to do in the summer holidays. She may have been a vampire, but she could stand the sunlight pretty well.

"Goddammit I'm so bored!!!" She scrunched up her face and hid it in her arms on the desk in front of her. Just then, her father came in with a letter.

"Something came for you in the mail, Natalie."

"Uh? Who would write to me?"

"I don't know, but it looks like someone important." He handed the envelope to Nate and left the room. His wife was in the kitchen.

"What was that, Dear?"

"I honestly have no idea..." Just then, loud yells of excitement could be heard from Nate's room.

"Holy...! Sweet Merciful crap!!! OH YES!!!"

Zach, her father, opened the door, and saw her dancing around on her bed. Not a common sight. "Is something wrong, Nate?"

"Wrong?!?! How can this be wrong? I've been selected to fight by the DMA!!! ^_^ I can use Blood Money for something other than training for once!!! WOO!"

Zach picked up the letter and read it. "Wow... I'm so proud of you, Nate! Come on, let's go prime the jump jets! ^_^"

"But the tournament's in a week, dad."

"Never mind that! Let's go!" The two zoomed out to the hangars, past Nate's mother.

"Where are you two going???" She smiled. "Just like little kids. I wonder what got into them..."

Edited by: RebelKitsune at: 6/9/02 7:59:08 pm

Divinegon2130

Filler mainly...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:19 pm

(OOC: RebelKitsune, it sounds like Natalie's a 'daywalker' to me, just from the fact that she, although a vampire, can stand sunlight. Is that true? Check the Gaera guide info on vampires if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Edward simply responded with "Who?"

Jeremy couldn't possibly explain to him. He started walking off toward his room. As he walked, he said, "I don't know. All I know is that I've got to get packing. And ole Grivansteel's being put to use."

Edward followed Jeremy, asking him questions repeatedly about this 'tournament' his brother told him of, much like a little kid would question his older brother. But Jeremy ignored him. Up until the point where Edward ask, "How long till you leave? Huh? Tell me something!"

Jeremy turned around and replied with "Less than a week." At this, Edward gave up asking, and ran off to talk to his (and Jeremy's) parents. Jeremy, on the other hand, simply kept going, until he got to his room. He had never been one for large amounts of living space - he rarely had any part of the house to himself, since Edward always seemed to follow him.

What I'll give for this amount of time that I'll be away from my little brother, Jeremy thought, as he started to pull a large case out into the open area of his room.

RebelKitsune

consulting the pro.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:34 am

(OOC: that's right, Div. She's a Daywalker. And I updated the stats sheet, cos I made an error with the Magic attack stat of the mech. Without the focusing device, the mech has 3 Magic attack, and with it it has 8. you can click the link on my previous post to find out more.)

Natalie pulled herself out of a hatch in the leg of the large mech and wiped off some grease with a sleeve. "Dad, I need some more nitrogen canisters for these jets, you know how much i need to maintain flight in this thing." Zach tossed over a couple of them casually. "Uh... Dad? What did you just do?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just tossed two, highly pressurized Nitrogen canisters as though they were nothing much. You yourself told me a million times, to handle them with care." Nate slotted the two tubular shaped canisters into the leg's inner compartment.

"That's nice, Nate..."

Anyone could notice that Nate's father was daydreaming about something, so, for the safety of herself, her father, and anyone within a 10 mile radius of the hangars, she decided to continue the work herself.

Nick Shogun

Woohoo!! Fun fun fun!!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:24 pm

(I wanna JOIN!! Yeah, I'm a tek, so that's one off your list. Anyhoo, let's get this party started.)

The sun set a beautiful golden haze across the long, lucious meadows surrounding Gengara's summer house. Of course, it wasn't really his house, but instead the cottage of one of his father's wealthy business associates. They were his family now.

Pushing up a pair of thin glasses on his face, Gengara toiled over a scrap of paper as he leaned over a large oak desk.

"Hmm.... there must be some way of adjusting the servo there and still maintaining velocity..."

He could see that today was not a good day. With all the changes he was making to update Brigada, there was no end to the stress, even if the semester was over!

The mail to his left attracted his attention. A decorated letter caught his eye, and he pulled it gentely from the pile and cut it open.

"....Doman Invitational Tournament? Fighting for pleasure? I don't think I've ever seen this before..."

Edited by: Nick Shogun at: 6/16/02 5:43:42 am

FlamingDeth

Mad KoD GMing is in great demand...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:32 am

"...so...it's some sort of tournament thing? Sponsored by the DMA?" said Rufus, sitting in his room, attempting to piece together anything he could from his father's excited speech.

"Yes! Yes! Isn't it such an honor?!" replied his father almost immediately, not missing a beat. He shoved another random article of clothing into the already full, inefficiently packed bag. "You'll win! I KNOW it! that stupid named mech of yours has been so --"

"STUPIDLY NAMED?! oVO" Rufus interupted. "I haven't spent so much of my life tinkering with that thing at your request to have you go off insulting it, like it was some stupid hobby you dissapproved of!"

His father stopped. "Y...you yelled at me..." muttered his father, appearing to be on the brink of tears. "Does this...does it mean you aren't going? ;_;"

Rufus stopped. "I...I didn't mean it like that..." said he, walking over and hugging the elderly nekojin. "Of course I'll go..."

"...really?" responded his father. Hehe...sucker! ^_^

[*edits post for great bumpness*]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uflamingdeth.showPublicProfile?language=EN>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/15/02 4:15:27 am

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Mad KoD GMing is in great demand...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:32 pm

(OOC: I still need one more character. I believe the Mage's slot is left open. Please fill it, preferably by Monday.)

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:38 pm

((if you hold on till tommorrow i can take it >>;Image )

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:00 pm

(Consider it held.

Well, if Daien's cousin gets on board by then, we can be going by Monday.)

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:11 pm

((well i have it finished.. JUST waiting for neko to get back and get it approved))

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:46 pm

(Just so everyone knows...

www.greatdave.org:7777//n...Cchar.html

Go there. Everyone without char stats... y'know, that affect combat... need to make them by Monday, alright? Thanks... can't GM without the little buggers...)

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:51 pm

Brad set the letter down next to him on his bed.
he rolled on his back, looking up towards the ceiling, thinking about what he had just read. To be called back for something such as this soo soon after the summer started.
What could be going on? it must have been something pretty urgent.
So Brad scratched his left ear, then sat up, now looking out the window of his small apartment.
"Best be getting ready to go, and make sure my suit is still functional" He smiled then bounced right up. "Man This is going to be so intense and FUN!!!" >o_o<

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:30 am

(Ack! *bump* Computer massively infected! Regular GMing impossible! In meantime... charsheets! Thanks!)

FlamingDeth

...woo.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:04 pm

(OOC: ...just bumping the RP till yonder royalty is able to post.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: ...woo.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:41 pm

(OOC: You know what? Forget waiting for charsheets. Let's just get this thing going. I won't need them for a while... unless you want to cast a spell or something before combat starts. So, yeah. Get postin'. And let's see those charsheets again or we'll have to stop, OK? Thanks!)

About two days after you received the letter, you get a vidcall about midday. It's a conferenced call with a teacher you had back at school named Professor Arthur. He was, to be frank, a little unorthodox in his teaching methods. He was a lot less formal than some of the others.

But he may not have been as good a teacher. Who knows.

"Hey kids! Anyone out there list'nin' to me?" are the first words out of your mouth.

And yours were...

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:45 pm

By the time Jeremy had been finished packing everything he'd need for the trip, it was two days later. About halfway through his day, he got a vidcall. When he tried to figure out who it was, he was surprised to find that it was from Professor Arthur.

His response to Arthur's words was, "I'm surprised by the fact that you're calling. Is something wrong?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:32 pm

"Problem? Pff! Yeah, right!", was Charles' rather glib response. "You'll probably like this news, Jer. But, I'm tight lipped till the others get on the horn..."

Deeum

Crap filler

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:11 pm

IT was a few days after he received the letter, and packed most of his things , including the suit which took most of the few days to clean, and do last minute repairs.

Brad's ears slightly twitched upon getting the vidcall. Low and behold it was Professor Authur..

"What a supervise, whats all this about anyway?" he calmly askes in response to the call.

Nick Shogun

Re: Crap filler

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:33 pm

Gengara paced back and forth across his bedroom. He was still crossed over whether he should go or not.

The vid-thingy rang. Gengara cocked his head in its direction and stared at it, for a long, looooong time.

IM: A trap? A bomb?

Gengara shook his head. He was freaking out. He put the call onscreen, and was shocked by the caller. Arthur.

"Arthur..." he said in an emotionless voice, like always, "is there something you want?"

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:00 pm

Nate walked into her room, wiping her hads down with a small rag. She flipped open the comm to see the face of Professor Arthur. He was probably the only person she respected in the whole academy in her last year of learning. "Oh, hey Arthur, What's up?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:40 am

Rufus sat in his shop, once more tinkering with the various machines. He had gotten as packed as he was planning on packing, and so his father had allowed him some free time till transportation arrived. Hearing the vidcall, he turned and looked at the screen.

"...oh. Hi." he said, already suspecting that this call was about the tournament.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:54 pm

(OOC: Argh. No connection of my own. Sowwy.)

Charles examined the faces of his students and couldn't help but smile. These kids... even if they looked so young... they looked ready for this. Like the potential to do this had been within them all along. He could barely maintain his composure as he spoke.

"Ah, everyone's here. How you guys doin'? All excited for the tourney?"

Nick Shogun

*chokes on plothole*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:52 am

Gengara shrugged. "A tournament I know nothing about, that has never been broadcast as a national art before now, to my knowledge, and holds no standpoint besides that of violent carnage and bloodlust?"

Gengara shifted and fell into his chair. "But I suppose it can't be helped, can it? After all, evolution can only go so far after the monkeys learn how to use guns, eh? Our loriet or transgression has come to a halt, I suppose, and now we're frozen in a single era."

He smiled.

"But why not?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: *chokes on plothole*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:33 pm

Charles just blinked.

"Uh... Gengara?"

He said this next part slowly.

"It's just a tournament."

He slightly snickered, and looked to the rest of his students. "What about the rest of you guys?"

Divinegon2130

Re: *chokes on plothole*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:43 pm

Jeremy's expression changed little. Joy was lacking in this expression, but his voice showed no signs of sarcasm. "About as enthralled as I can possibly be. I'm just wondering if I'll ever be mentally ready."

RebelKitsune

¬.¬ meh.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:23 am

Natalie snorted. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I just have to do some more modifying on Blood money, and I'll be all set. Some practicing never did any harm though." She smirked. "That's what you always told us in class, eh Arthur?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: ¬.¬ meh.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:07 pm

Charles always liked getting a snicker out of people. It seemed to be what he always was striving to get. Of course, it didn't always worked. But he kept trying... like he did here...

"Whoa... you mean...

"YOU ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION IN MY CLASS? O.O"

He then promptly feigned fainting, and fell on the floor.

Nick Shogun

Still can't log in.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:45 am

Gengara grimaced.

"I'm a joke, huh? I'll clean the floor with all the other participants, professor. You know I will."

FlamingDeth

Re: Still can't log in.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:17 am

No reaction was raised from Rufus, however. He simply stared blankly into the monitor. Finally, he spoke.

"...no. I don't think I am ready." he said, looking somewhat downcast. "I think you already know why I'm going, though..."

Deeum

Re: Still can't log in.

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:11 pm

Brad's face feel in slight dissapointment. all this fuss just to be called for a tourny? oh well, it should be fun in the same.
Since being one of the Few Mages out there, he know that no matter what is going to happen, he need to be at his best.

So ever so excitedly, Brad askes " When will the Tourny take place?!" >O_O<

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:14 pm

Charles' visage rose from the bottom of the screen, taking a deep breath.

"I know you'll do great, Gengara. Same with you, Rufus. And it starts in four days, Brad. Thought you knew that... and I need to breath more," he finally gasped as he took a breath.

"Now... to the point of WHY I called you guys..."

And of COURSE he paused to let them wonder what exactly he was talking about...

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:15 am

Nate, being such an impatient person, promptly spoke up. "Come on arthur, spit it out! We havent got all day."

Nick Shogun

I will CRUSH HUMANITY!!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:10 pm

"Yeah... the reason. The fact alone that some weirdo is holding a fighting tournament is mind-boggling. These machines are tools of war."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: I will CRUSH HUMANITY!!!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:08 pm

"Huh... really... well if you're set against these things, I guess you don't want to take me on in the tourney, then..."

And in his mind, Charles thought, "I love playing with this kid..."

Deeum

crap short posts! YES!

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:02 pm

Brad rubbed his head in slight embarrassment. "right, i knew that.."
"Where do we go in the mean time? we can't just hang around here for 4 days! o_o"

((if you mentioned this before i'm sorry >_<;Image )

Nick Shogun

I am bored. We need action! Seriously.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:56 am

Gengara frowned.

"Of course," he said, slumping onto the couch in his living room.

"Now... I suppose we're going to be lectured on how we should all play nice, and be good to our fellow man and that such. I wonder..."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

IM: Dang! Curveball!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:46 pm

"Oh... you guys wanted to train or something?"

"Training? >.< How could I forget pre-tourney training?"

(OOC: Heh. I'm GMing from a computer in a store. I rule!)

Nick Shogun

Yes, true genius at it's best, KoD.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:12 pm

"Training would be nice, I guess. Assemble all the others. It'll be good to judge everyone's strengths and weaknesses. I myself have never been one to turn down free advice from a mentor."

Next

Return to Other RPs