End of the World (serious RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Thalakos Weatherlight

Re: Re:End of the world (serious RP)

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:35 pm

"Sounds interesting i think ill join you, you may need my arrows on your journey and i would enjoy getting my revenge for the destruction of my city."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:51 pm

Koneko bowed with hands folded, a very odd and assumedly foreign bow indeed. "I shall join you. After all, life must go on, and the cycle be preserved."

Pelm and Vorit gave a military salute, almost exactly in the same fashion as each other.

Culat put his halberd back on his back and nodded. "What an odd pair," he thought.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:01 pm

Auras looked around the room. "Im going to bed, i wake up very early so i shall awaken everyone at dawn."
Auras walked to the inn keeper and ordered a room.
Walking to his room he said goodnight in his elven tongue.

Legend of 8

Re: End of the World (serious RP)

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:04 pm

Looking around at the remaining adventurers, Ed spoke to all of them. "I, too, shall retire, for the ale is beginning to get to my mind, and I must wake early. I bid you all a good night, and let you decide for yourselves whether you will join us in the morning." Then, he went to his room for the night.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:46 pm

Culat ordered a room as well. Koneko and Pelm did similarly, drawing a strange look from Culat. "I-Isn't she your APPRENTICE?"

Koneko gave a bemused smirk at Culat. "Ah," he said, "well, you see, if any man were so OUTRAGEOUSLY STUPID as to try anything of THAT nature, he'd find himself a eunch before he could blink."

Pelm grinned widely indicating this was true.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:19 pm

Selin ordered two rooms and then she and her brother split into two separate bodies and went to their rooms.

OOC: Yes they can part if they want to.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:52 pm

And so, they all went to sleep, and rested for the night. During the night, it was all very quiet..... almost TOO quiet for the townspeople. The moon began to glow eerily, and there was a terrible howling in the distance.

In the morning, at the crack of dawn, Ed awoke.

Overnight, a small cart had rolled into town, with a panicked horse driving it. The horse had died shortly upon entering, and the two people on it had been mauled by a creature, possibly a huge wolf. All of the goods on the cart were gone.

Looking at this, Ed realized that it was imperative to leave soon. He walked back into the inn, and awoke the innkeeper.

"Get us a large breakfast. I will compensate you for this. Make sure that any adventurers who are coming on our quest go to the table. It will be our last good meal for a long time....."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:58 pm

Furst of the twins down where Selin but she looked different from the night before, her hair was blond and her skin didn't look like if it belonged to some one ho was dead.

"Good morning Ed did you her the wolf last night?"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:05 pm

"If you look outside you will observe that that was probably no mere wolf. Someone was attacked by it. And no, not even the horse survived. It was bigger. Could be a Warg or something. Wargs haven't been seen in years in my country... or, rather, what USED to be my country...."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:48 pm

Pelm, bright and early as always, leaped out of bed, slid down the banister and hopped to the floor. Yawning, she said, "Aah! Is there breakfast?"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:19 am

"Breakfast is on it's way. My treat, since I assume you'll be coming on my journey with me." Ed responded.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:35 am

"Yaaay! I wonder what it is?"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:56 pm

The food started to come in. It was basically everything that the innkeeper had in stock that counted as breakfast food. Meat, bread, cheese, and all the other good stuff, including wine and ale (for those who don't like wine), it was a regular king's feast.

"THAT," Ed pointed, "Would be our breakfast. And it's on me. Only fitting since I'm getting us all into this mess... call it my way of thanking you guys before we leave."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:33 pm

Pelm instantly started chowing down with such speed that would've choked a normal human (or even a normal angel). She even managed to grin between bites.

Culat came down the stairs, Vorit hovering close behind, and sighting the mountain of food, their eyes widened and Culat sat down. He proceeded to eat rather solemnly, with Vorit flying around the table diving at and eating strips of meat.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:47 pm

Silen only took a apple and some wine then she sat down next to Ed.

"So what do you think of me now that i don't look like i just came crawling from a tomb"

she smiled and took a big bite of the apple.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:54 pm

Auras walks in the door and smells the food. "I have gathered everything we should need for this quest." He walks up the the table and slams a large bag onto the floor. "I have gathered each of you a cloak of elven cloth. Each with an ability to maintain a temperature in even the coldest of winters. As well as some food and cooking items. I have even bought myself some rather pricey new armor." Auras opens up his shirt and allows the group to look at the dragon scale armor. "Paid a fine price for such unique armor." He sits down at the table sips at the ale and eats some bread and meat. "Catch." He throws to each of them a large green cloak.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:08 pm

Koneko pops out of thin air behind him, apparently having been under an invisibility spell, and taps him on the shoulder.

"Hey, what about me?"

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:18 pm

"Did you think i could not hear you behind me"? Auras throws another cloak over his shoulder and then finishes his breakfast.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:39 pm

Looking at Silen, he replied "I think you look a lot better now." Noticing that everyone had gathered, he rose and the chatter calmed down some. Clearing his throat, his voice carried throughout the whole room.

"I thank you all for coming and deciding to join me on this quest. As you know, this journey will be difficult, and we will be far from civilization. So, I am giving this feast as a farewell before we go out, in case it is the final good meal we have. As we all may or may not know, the creatures we will be facing have never been seen anywhere in this realm before, and they are dangerous, because they eat magic, which makes them stronger. They wiped out an entire Kingdom in less than a week, but yet, this has not stopped you from joining me in this quest. I sense that all of you are very brave, and yet, very powerful. We will of course be fighting very normal beasts, and some that are radically different than what we have previously encountered. There is no name for that which we go to fight... no name at all. But the fate of our very world could stand in the balance of this, because these creatures are so dangerous. Again, I thank you." Noting the solemn looks on everyone in the room, he smiled and tried to lighten the mood.

"On a lighter note," he continued, "You may eat and drink as much as you want, but we need to leave within two hours. Let us have our merriment now, and let there be no boundaries to it, short of destruction. I shall be paying for all of this, so do not fear putting me out of money. I have plenty more, so again, eat and drink all you wish. I even encourage taking some of it with you before you leave. That is all."

Sitting down, he was sweating. "I hate giving speeches...." he said softly.

Then the noise in the Inn returned.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:38 pm

Auras finished his food and wrapped 3 more loaves of bread. Picking up his bag he walks to the inn keeper and ask for it to be held. He then leaves the inn to wander around the town.

Edited by: Thalakos Weatherlight at: 9/9/02 9:40:05 pm

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:54 pm

Pelm and Vorit take little or no notice of this speech, but Culat stops eating immediately as though he were poisoned.

Koneko, looking through the contents of the elf cloak, notices this.

"Food no longer to your liking?" He says somewhat solemnly.

Culat leaves the table and goes to wander in his own thoughts. "It's all very well and good to 'eat and drink, for today we die,' but I can't stomach the saying." he replies.

Koneko nods and resumes examining the sack.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:06 pm

Standing up, he excuses himself and walks outside, then goes behind the inn where he hopes no one will see him.

His knees begin to shake.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this... it IS my duty though, so I must. But can we really be able to survive this..?"

Then he fell to the ground and threw up.

"I can't let them see me like this.... they'll lose confidence in me... I must go on. I'm the last knight of Roune... I must at least try, if nothing else...."

After cleaning himself up, he walked around for about ten minutes before going back in so he wouldn't be nauseous when he sat back down.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:26 pm

Culat and Koneko were busy putting their heads together.

"From what he said, the creatures consume magic, and it makes them stronger." said Culat.

Koneko said, "Yes, I heard that too. But all kinds of magic, or just harmful magic?"

"All kinds, I think."

"But, if they consume it, perhaps there is a way."

"What?"

"If they consume magic, it's possible to turn that capability against them."

"Like a fizzled or incomplete spell?"

"Exactly. If I could project an astral force ball or the like, but leave the spell unfinished, it's possible that it could draw the creature into the other plane..."

"So, it goes to eat the spell, and then finds that the tail end of the spell is still attached to the astral plane!"

"Yes, the question is, will it then discorporate, be drawn into the plane to reappear soon, or simply invade the astral plane in addition to our own?"

Culat stood up. "I don't know, but we have to try."

Koneko said only, "Indeed." and resumed deep thought.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:05 pm

Sitting down high alot a tree Auras begins to think upon this journey. "My arrows had little effect against that monster and i can do to well if my bow is useless. I must find a way......I wonder if i enchant my arrows to have the power the elements that harmed the monster i might be able to heavy up my damage effect. No that would take to much work there must be a simpler way! I once heard a story by my mentor of the enchantment spell of the Tek'Rah. It was said they had the power to find the weakness of any monster and use that affect for damage but where could i find this enchantment????"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:50 am

Sadon ho had ben sleeping until now cam into the room with a big war hammer in his hands. on the hammer there were two runes "Light" and "Darkness"

Sadon:" Hej sis you shod get ready! you have to fill me in on the details later."

Selin: "Ok"

She ran up the steps to her room. Sadon sat down and
look at Ed.

" So where we going now hhuu"

Legend of 8

End of the world (serious RP)

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:02 am

"We will be heading into Roune, to try and stop the creatures before they become too powerful. It will be a difficult journey, but I believe that we can make it."

He sounded so convinced, he began to believe it himself.

Oz 200

Re: End of the world (serious RP)

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:14 am

" Well i trust your judgment" Sadon said
-----------------------------------------

Down the steps came Selin dressed in a black cloak, and on her hands she had a pair of Katars (Claws).

" Ok im ready, ho is it we are waiting for?

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:28 pm

Pelm looked up from her food.

"I thought you said we had two hours..." she said.

Koneko gave her a slightly patronizing glance. He then ordered, "Pelm, can you get us a few books from the library? Provided, of course, that this villiage even has one..."

Pelm jumped up immediately. "What kind of books do you want?"

Koneko thought for a moment, and said, "Well, look for some on magical theory that I haven't read, and see if you can't find anything about improvisational spells. That should be about all, unless..."

He motioned to the others. "you all have any other requests."

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:33 pm

Auras walks in just as the sentence ends and says
"I do, pick up a book on myths and legends and lets see if theres anything on this beasts to help us."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:40 pm

Selin came to think of some thing

" A map wold be a good thing to have"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:15 pm

Ed jumped in and reminded them.

"We don't need a map. I am your map. Besides, the area is much different. It has become a completely warped version of its old self.... maps would be useless."

[And yes, there is a library, with the books you request. I'll let you make that up. Sounds like you have a really good idea going. By the way, there is a discussion on the OOC board. Just so you all know, and we don't have to clutter up our posts with OOC's (I know, I said I wouldn't do it. Sorry.)]

Edited by: Legend of 8 at: 9/10/02 9:17:08 pm

Legend of 8

Time to move.

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:39 pm

Gathering some food, Ed continued. "Which reminds me, it is time for us to be going. Make your final check for equipment. In a few minutes, we will be leaving."

Koneko

Books galore!

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:17 pm

Pelm nodded and scampered out the door, into the rest of the villiage.

"Hmm... not a bad place..." she said.

The villiage was a collection of large and small houses, with a number of vending stands, and a few larger stores located in their own buildings.

"Library, library, where is the library?"

A large building with stone pilliars and a book sign at eye level attracted her attention.

"Let's hear it for obvious markings."

Proceeding inside, she saw shelf upon shelf of books.

"How on EARTH am I going to look through this?" she exclaimed rhetorically.

A scrying spell led her to a "few" books that she wanted.

Oz 200

ho is the boss

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:17 am

”hej Ed” it was Sadon.

“Do you think that this monsters are the masters or do you think some one ells is controlling them?”

Legend of 8

The boss....

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:55 pm

"I think that they are in control. I saw no evidence of a higher being controlling them..... but I could be wrong." Ed replied.

Koneko

Read or Die (an interesting anime)

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:39 pm

Culat thought for a moment. "It's possible that some lesser chaos god spawned these things... but it's not likely as he'd be thwarted by the rest of them. It's more likely that they're a force 'regularly' come to this world to feed on magic and then leave, to return when they're hungry again."

Pelm returned from the library carring a considerable stack of books. She plopped the stack down on the table, panting heavily. She turned to the others.

"Here's a few books on myths and legends, a couple on forced planar travel, one on improvisational spells, and four on the nature of magic." She beamed proudly.

Koneko picked up the book on improvisational casting. He smiled as he read the cover. "Pelm, what good is me reading a book that I've written?" He held up the book, showing indeed that he was the author. He sighed. "I never knew this had gone so far abroad..."

Pelm flushed and mumbled inaudibly.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/16/02 7:45:07 pm

Thalakos Weatherlight

Re: Read or Die (an interesting anime)

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:07 pm

Grabbing a book of enchantments Auras flips through the pages but noticed there is no writing on any of the pages. "Hey Ed, look at this." Before showing it to Ed he checks the author also "No author, who keeps a book in the library that has no writing or no author??"

Legend of 8

Re: Read or Die (an interesting anime)

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:53 pm

Indeed, there was no author anywhere in the book. As a knight, he had been trained a little bit in recognizing the magical arts, but he had never really taken them seriously, because, well, let's face it, he just couldn't use magic.

"I have no idea.... but if it helps.... then i suppose this must mean that it must be a really special book. Take good care of it..... I won't pay any damage fees for it."

Legend of 8

Time to leave

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:09 am

"Well," Ed said, handing the book back, "I guess it's time to leave now."

Oz 200

Re: Time to leave

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:23 pm

Sadon:"Yee im with Ed on this one"

Selin: "well then peaple lets hit the road!"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs