End of the World (serious RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Legend of 8

End of the World (serious RP)

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:11 pm

[Just a note: since this is my first one, i wont be surprised if it winds up in the graveyard. this is the last time you will see a note like this from me.]

In the skies above, the stars have glittered ever since the beginning of time. They have guided men home, watched us evolve, have seen us war with each other over petty disputes... but they have never changed.

It was a night like that, the sky filled with stars, that it began. The moon had sunk, allowing one to point out thousands of stars if they took the time to look. Those who were looking saw it first.

A bright, fiery streak burst out of the sky. When it struck, it destroyed a small village. Word of this spread quickly to the Castle, where the king of Roune sat on his throne. A troop was dispatched to investigate, and the only thing that returned was one horse, with a mutilated corpse on it.

A week later, the kingdom of Roune fell. The once lush forests, rolling hills, all of it, turned into a wasteland by a mysterious force.

And there were only a few survivors.

---------------

One of the survivors was named Ed. It was a simple enough name, and he never really cared for names. It fit on most things, since it was only two letters long.

He walked into a town, making a beeline for the local tavern. His face was scuffed up, his red cape tattered. He would get it replaced at a later time. His twin longswords hung at his sides, and his greatsword slung over his back.

Hobbling into the tavern, everyone stopped what they were doing and watched him. They all recognized the emblem on his armor, it was the crest of Roune. His long, brown hair hung on his shoulders, his pale blue eyes looked as if they would weep.

"Bartender, get me...." he winced in pain. "Get me.... a doctor... and find me.... some... brave and strong adventurers... someone get the mayor.... he... must hear what I.... have to say." Then, he collapsed.

The bartender got the doctor, and the mayor met Ed in the room he was staying in. It was a very odd day indeed. The elves in the forests, the dwarves in the mountains, the gnomes in the hills, all had heard of what was happening. They all heard of the shadows that strike back at you, when you aren't looking. The druids and rangers all felt the unrest of the animals. Slowly, the creeping darkness moved out of Roune, and began infecting the surrounding countries.

And everyone had heard of the one man, a human, nonetheless, that wished to fight this darkness alone. His name, was Ed. And the people belived him. But many were too afraid to join him. He needed the brave people, the ones who would help him defeat this... darkness, this... evil, before it destroyed their world.

He waited at the tavern for such adventurers to appear.

Oz 200

Re: End of the World (serious RP)

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:11 am

The bar door flu open and in walked a girl.
her skin was ash grey and her hair black as the night.
she walked up to Ed and whispered in his ear

"We are the ones borne in blood we will help you"

she then sat down on a shear next to him.

OOC: i hope its ok.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:00 am

Ed nodded.

"Thanks. We need all the help we can get... what was your name again, mistress?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:49 am

"My name is Silen and my brooders name Sadon. We are the ones born in blood, Summoned by hatred, Created of destruction, we are Anoer*"

OOC: Anoer means "The outcast" in the demon lang.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:02 am

Ed paused at this, and thought for a moment.

'Hmmm...... a Demoness.... or, rather, a demi-demoness.... this could mean trouble.... but then again, trouble IS my middle name.... besides, she only wants to help. Let's just hope that it won't hinder our party's performance... if someone has a problem with her, I suppose I'll have to do something about them if it gets out of hand...." he continued thinking deeply.

"Oh! Sorry," he said, snapping out of it. "Bartender, get us some drinks please." 'im going to need it.....' he thought.

"I'll tell you what I know as soon as we get more people, because I hate to repeat myself all the time..."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:22 am

she looked ad Ed and then she shut her eyes and opened them agen after a minute or so.

" My brooder is wondering From witch part of the land are you?"

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 9/1/02 1:23:13 pm

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:26 pm

Taking a gulp of ale, he looked at her and quite calmly replied "Roune, which was destroyed a few days ago..." However, he was not calm on the inside. It pained him to remember what had happened in Roune.

Finishing his ale, he requested that the bartender keep 'em coming.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:37 pm

Wen he spoke the the words she felt a great payne coming from hi. " I fell your payne and i whish i cod do something for you....maybe you shod talk to my brooder he is better at things lick this" suddenly she disappeared and in her place sat a man whit the same kind of skin and hair. " hello my sister told me that you were in payne what was it that happened"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:27 pm

Culat was totally lost. As usual. Not only that, but Vorit had wandered off again. He threw up his hands in frustration and called out, "Vorit! Vooorit!"

The Chibi Dragon flapped out from behind a tree, a rabbit easily its size hanging from its claws.

"There you are! Hunting AGAIN!"

With obvious impertinence, the cat-sized-dragon began to tear into its meal. In short order, little remained of the hapless bunny.

"Finished? Good. I saw a town in THAT direction," he said, indicating the south. Let's go."

He began to walk, and the Chibi Dragon perched on his shoulder.

"What are you, a parrot? ARRR!" He mused, grimacing.

Noticing a tavern, he stepped inside and noticed two odd looking individuals. Vorit began to growl at one of the men. Indeed, he did look a bit... suspicious.

"Eto... konnichi wa?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:31 pm

" hello what do you want? he asked.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:39 pm

"Ehh... just stopping in... sorry about the pet, he's usually a bit skittish." Culat lied.

Vorit was usually nervous around people Culat should be, and took an instant dislike to anything unnatural, planar, extrademensional, extraterrestrial, etc. Which means that this one could be trouble. He had better be careful, but it couldn't hurt to hang around. Mayhap there would be money to be made.

"Actually, I'm an adventurer, looking for something to do. The world needs rescuing every day, and someone needs to save it. Who better than I?"

Culat ordered a drink from the barkeeper and sat down next to the armored man.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:54 pm

"You wish to know what happened? I know not your name kind sir" Ed replied hoarsely to the both of them, "but I will gladly tell you what it is we fight. You look for adventure?" he asked Culat. "Well, you might just get a little more than you've bargained for." Clearing his throat, he continued.

"Roune, not one of the largest kingdoms, was destroyed in a matter of days. A couple of weeks ago, you may have noticed a bright light fall from the sky." He paused long enough to take another drink. "Well, it obliterated a small village, about a day's journey on horseback from the castle. We sent out men to investigate, and we got a corpse back. Then, the assault." He paused for a moment to reflect inwardly on the conflict.

"They eat magic, absorb it into themselves. Makes 'em stronger. But they are a little bit weak to fire, I found that out quickly. Thankfully, I was able to get into the freezer, and I found they don't like the cold too much either. However, since magic doesn't work, using ice gets a little hard. Whatever they are, they're bad. They've even got the undead in an uproar. Anything magical, too... I saw one alone devour a full-sized adult dragon in seconds...." He saw the reaction from the baby dragon. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. But this tells you just how terrible these things are. They are about as tall as we are, but they have green skin, and their eyes.... black pits with a small blue tint in them. They are faceless as well. Thin as a wilted tree, but strong as an ox. And they will not be stopped with just a small country. They'll devour our world, unless we stop them. So, who's in with me?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Who's with me?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:04 pm

Culat banged his fist upon the table.

"Then Culat and Vorit will be at your side!"

Looking down, he noticed Vorit hiding under a table.

"Hah. Stupid."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/1/02 11:29:26 pm

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:30 pm

"I thank you Culat," Ed said, nodding his head and smiling. "You are indeed a good ally. Tell me, have you any friends we might enlist?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:47 pm

"Really, that all depends. You see, I've made a few... friends in," Culat looked skyward nervously, "You might say... high places. But, they don't like being... disturbed unless this is REALLY the death of the world."

Noting an expression from the man, he nodded.

"Vorit!"

The pearly-white chibi dragon peeked its head out.

"We need help; can you call them?"

Vorit's eyes widened and he ducked under the table again.

"I guess not. Not right now at any rate."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/2/02 12:11:19 am

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:16 pm

"If you're talking about gods or Celestials then you could tell them politely to get the hell down here or get out of the way. Cuz while the world may not die immediately, everything on it WILL. Then they will drain the world of it's natural magic until it crumbles and falls apart. We need to stop them NOW! If we don't then it will happen again.." by now, he was beginning to feel slightly intoxicated, hence the shouting. But he was still thinking clearly.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:28 pm

"It's not me," Culat said bluntly, "who can call ANYONE. Vorit does things on his own time. Prick that he is."

Vorit seemed to have heard, or at least heard the tone of the last comment. A small lick of fire emerged from beneath the table to ignite the ale that Culat was about to drink, producing a small flamethrower effect.

Not the least bit fazed, Culat turned to his companion.

"I think we've found ONE way to beat them. Thanks Vorit!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/2/02 12:35:45 am

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:52 pm

"Remember, Dragons are magical beings. Although you could be onto something.... but I believe that what they emit is magical, is it not? If it is, well, that would just be bad...."

odin

Let me join

Unread postby odin » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:11 pm

Hey can I join? I need some fun and I might stay!

"Hmmm what do I do now? Little cash little food, and this fire spear needs work... Where is a dragon when you need the food and cash." The dragon said looking around for dragon tracks, "Hmmm? These look a dragon's tracks but there small... Must mean I get half the food for double the money! Dracko is coming for ya!"

So what do you think? Is it good?

Malachi

Re:End of the world (serious RP)

Unread postby Malachi » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:21 pm

The door opened quietly, eerily so, as a man stepped in through the door, the air itself darkening around his form. Seemingly bound up in leather trappings, his eyes showing through the only space where skin could be seen, the rest of his form was tightly wrapped with leather straps and peices of cloth, which, upon closer inspection had many an intricate rune branded upon them. The eyes that were visible were deep and as black as night As Malachi, the void mage, entered the tavern

Taking his seat upon a stool with a soft groan, Malachi began to ponder ordering a drink, though before long, the myriad of words pertaining to exploration, and the conquerment of darkness flooded into his ears. Standing up he walked toward the two conversing and sat down, not saying a word, just quietly intruding upon thier conversation, sitting, arms crossed.

Koneko

Re: Re:End of the world (serious RP)

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:26 pm

Slightly miffed at the sight of the stranger, Culat explained to Ed.

"No, you see, the flame itself STARTED magical, of course. But think! The ale ignited! Is that a magical flame? Or is it just a natural one?"

Culat was on to something.

"So if we can use alcohol, or petroleum, or anything of really flammable nature, but not magical, shouldn't that work?"

MagnAnubis

|

Unread postby MagnAnubis » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:14 am

Malachi mumbled softly at the mention of magickal talk, he was hungry and needed something to eat, and next to life energy, fire was a delicassy. He just sat, and listened to the two converse, waiting for the moment to Interrupt and perhaps introduce himself.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:41 am

" the gas bag of a dragon! they are easy to transport and wen you put them on fire the heat is so intense that you can melt a diamond."

He tock a sip from his ale.

" Or so iw what i bin told"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:07 am

Culat definitely didn't know what a "gas bag of a dragon was"

"What's a gas bag of a dragon?"

Turning to the void mage, he added,

"And who are you?"

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:19 am

"What he means is the fire sac of a dragon, and yes, that would be true. However, since this person appears to be a magely type, why don't we let him introduce himself and tell us? Bartender, get us some more ale and a lotta food. We're going to be here awhile...."

And turning to Culat, he added "Besides, there's only one place to get a dragon sac right now...." He looked at the baby dragon. He got a sour look back.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:09 pm

On the outskirts of the town, two humans were conversing as they walked toward our familiar tavern. One, tall and thin, with white hair, extremely pale skin, green eyes and clad in a black mage robe, and black cloak with a red dagger at his side, shook his head.

"I don't know WHAT Celestil is thinking, sending us to a place like this..."

His companion was a short young woman with red hair, orange eyes, clad in a blue tunic. In her brown belt hung several daggers and two red-orange gems, and upon her back was a simple scabbard, about four and a half feet long. It seemed a simple long sword sheath, except that it curved slightly. The exquisitely formed hilt of the sword had ancient runes carved upon it, in a language long forgotten to most mortals. The meaning? Simply the blade's name: Anaya. She spoke.

"Well, whatever he's thinking, it has to be serious. Celestil doesn't even talk to us unless it's urgent."

Without another word, they stepped inside the tavern. Koneko (the tall man) said to Pelm (the short woman),

"Perhaps we've got the wrong place?"

Pelm looked around, recognizing no one, but quickly sighting Vorit hiding under a table. She smiled.

"Vorit! What are you doing here, you little rascal?"

Vorit flew up to Pelm, tongue hanging out. The two touched noses briefly as though they were cats, and Pelm began licking her wrist, Vorit mimicing her exactly with his wingtip. Pelm laughed.

"It's good to see you again, old buddy!"

Culat was confused, to say the least. Not only had two strangers burst into the tavern, but they had ignored everyone else and were instead socializing with his pet.

Koneko and Vorit began conversing in a different language, one that gave the impression of calm, peace and tranquility.

Culat was absolutely dumbstruck. He said, rather hesitantly, "You, stranger, how can you speak to him?"

Koneko addressed Culat.

"Our friend here," he said, indicating Vorit, "contacted Natu and Nata. These, in turn, told Celestil, their superior, who summoned us here."

Culat was still baffled. "Natu and Nata? How do you know about them? And who's Celestil? And WHO ARE YOU?"

Koneko gave a dismissive wave of his hand. "I know about Natu and Nata, because Vorit told me about them. He knows more about the Celestial heirarchy of his masters than YOU do, I can see that much. Celestil is a very powerful and high-ranking Celestial, Natu and Nata's direct superior."

With a small sigh, Koneko continued. "Unfortunately, neither the Celestials nor the gods seem to want to intervene in our current plight. However, Celestil had the good will to send us; which brings us to your last question. I am Koneko, son of Zixon, if that means anything to you, a necromancer, and this is Pelm, wielder of Anaya, my apprentice. Though where SHE became aquainted with Vorit is quite beyond me." Turning questioningly toward Pelm, who was busy playing tag around the tavern with the dragon, he sighed again.

"Probably while in Celestil's service."

Culat was still puzzling all of this through, but it seemed to make sense. Their names, though, he had heard and heard often.

"Ah, yes," he said, smirking, "the angel-demon duo."

Koneko returned this smirk. "It seems you've heard of us. Probably not enough though. I'll have you know that I'm only half-demon, and that Pelm isn't fully an 'angel' either. And DEFINITELY not a Celestial," he said, watching Pelm and Vorit's antics.

"At any rate, it seems we're all in this together. We stand or fall in this dark age. We will stand against the darkness!"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:16 am

Sadon walked up to the man ho was speaking to Culat.

" So you are a demi-demon"

He shut his eyes and then he disappeared and Selin tock his place.

"I to have heard of you but refresh my memory...what is the story of you birth"

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:52 am

(Whoo bit late but im sure to make an entrance :) )

Meanwhile......It had gotten dark outside the wind was blowing and all the creatures of the forest ran to their homes. The screams of beings living in the east rang high. Auras ran fast not looking back. It was catching up to him. This unknown creature, searching the area with his elven eyes for a safe place to hide himself. "Aha there, a tavern." With the creature at his heels he hit the doors. It pounced on him and began biting. Taking his dagger he put it into the creatures ribbs. Even with the poison it had no effect and with his bow under him he had no choice but to rely on the tavern men.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:46 pm

"Well, my story would be a very long tale," Koneko responded, "but suffice to say this: the demonlord Zixon is my father, a very powerful master demon. Zixon is, in fact, Celestil's demonic opposite, which makes it very odd indeed that Celestil and I are on such good terms. At any rate..."

Koneko was interrupted by an elf barging through the door, being attacked by some shadow creature. With a look of contempt, he shot a powerful ice spell at the beast.

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:29 pm

Ed looked at the beast with fright. Grabbing a lantern, he threw it at the creature and cast it on fire. Then, pulling out his longswords, quickly made his way to slice it to pieces....

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:01 am

Dazed by the cold of the ice and lamp Auras threw off the creature and into the wall. Pulling out his elven enchanted bow he began to pummel it with arrows. This didnt hurt it much but just annoyed it. Thinking quickly he noticed bits of fire around where the lamp had fallen and set the arrows on fire and shot at it. The beast lunged at Ed the one whom had thrown the lamp and tackled him....

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:33 pm

Vorit managed to say a brief verse in his own tongue, and promptly disappeared. Culat looked at Koneko. "What'd he say?"

Koneko, looking with disgust at the creature, drew two light throwing daggers from his sleeves. He replied, "He said that they're abandoning this plane." Before throwing, he concentrated briefly. Tossing them with energy toward the monster, he added, "and from the looks of the astral plane, any rat that can get off this sinking ship is jumping as fast as it can."

Pelm drew a round-red orange stone from her belt, she flung it at the beast. In mid-flight, she spoke briefly and it burst into flame. A fireball streaked toward the creature.

Culat took the halberd from his back, and stood in a ready position, waiting for the missiles to impact.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:28 pm

Sitting down to recover from his wounds, Auras watched the warriors battle the creature. After seeing what these people could do it would only be a matter of minutes before the creature was destroyed. Thinking to himself Auras wondered what sort of creature this is.....pure black skin, no hair, sharp teeth and blood red eyes. It seems as though from a fairy tale. After the creatures had attacked his city in the woods Auras knows the power of these creatures. Only one of these is a match for all these men and women. Strangely enough neither sword nor arrow nor magic hardly effected them at all. Fire or ice seemed their only weakness and that still hardly hurt them anymore than metal.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:08 am

Silen walked up to elf examining his wounds, they were deep an it wold take a long time but she decided....
"I will heal your wounds....this wont hurt (on you)"
she stretch out her hand and held it over his legs, then a bright light came from her palm. and as the wounds began to heal tears fell from her eyes. wen the wounds were healed she walked away to her set agen. still whit tears in her eyes.

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:51 am

The light felt good and his wounds were tended to. Auras got back up to rejoin the fight. He pulled out his double daggers and ran at the beast attacking it head on. Showing the fury of the elves he plunged the daggers through the head. Blood splattered and its corpse turned to ash which was carried off by the wind.....

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:58 pm

This struck Pelm as very suspicious. Perhaps it was an illusion? She whispered her thought to Koneko, who nodded, and after a brief incantation, a white light filled the room and quickly dissapated.

The illusions around the room were dispelled. The creature was obviously still dead, so Pelm had been wrong. However, Vorit the baby Celestial Dragon was perched upon the table.

Pelm gave a cry of delight. "So you DIDN'T leave!!"

Culat chuckled. "Figures he'd hide."

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:31 pm

Looking at his daggers he cleaned what little dust was on them and put them back into his sheaths. He looked around the room and walked up to the people who had helped him "Thank you everyone who helped save my life" Walking up to the bar he ordered an ale and looked at Ed...

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:25 pm

Ed was looking at himself. 'How odd,' he thought, 'that it had similar qualities that the "creatures" had.... but not fully.'

He began to voice his concern out loud. "I believe, that, since it did not absorb the magic, that it was not truly one of theirs, but possibly, it was slowly BECOMING one of them. They also have green skin.... but that dark black is a concern to me. We should start out in the morning. It is possible that these... creatures, have the power to stir up all types of creatures... which would help them to dominate the planet. We need to begin as soon as possible, say in the morning, when we are all rested. Can any of you heal? We will need a healer of some types...."

Thalakos Weatherlight

Unread postby Thalakos Weatherlight » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:37 pm

"The one who healed my wounds can certainly heal very well."
Auras takes a sip of his ale. So what kind of quest is this you are upon?

Legend of 8

Unread postby Legend of 8 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:02 pm

"Our quest," Ed replied, "Is to rid our world of the foul things that created THAT," he said, pointing to where the creature was. "And, also, as the last knight of Roune, to avenge my country...... no one else survived. So I ask you to come of your own free will."

Next

Return to Other RPs