Monsters, Bandits and a Forest (Semi-Serious Rp )

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Monsters, Bandits and a Forest (Semi-Serious Rp )

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:47 pm

Christian, who had been looking at the girl from under the tree, whistled as he saw her make the stones.
"Where did you learn to do that?" he wondered. But before she could reply he added, "wait, don't tell me. that master of yours, who's gone missing, right?"

((OOC: Does my icon, sig and avatar work?))

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:02 pm

(OOC: Sig doesn't work because they aren't allowed on the RP forum, but icon and avatar do.)

Putting the stones in her belt and sheathing her sword, Pelm leaned against the tree next to Christian.

"No, it wasn't Master who taught me that. He didn't know how, you see. Another member of his circle taught me about bloodstones. Actually," she sighed, "It was more or less my job. Did you know that they can hold human souls? It's true. My duty was getting these bloodstones with Ticon, the one who taught me about them. I got the stones and Ticon filled them. Master had to eat, you know..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/22/02 7:05:09 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:06 pm

"Circles!?" Christian recoiled, gun in his hand. "So you really are a demon then?" Judging by the questioning (and slightly irritated look on her face, Christian realized she didn't understand what he was talking about. He sat down again. "Right, I'm sorry. I've been a bit jumpy around demons for a couple of years now. It's a long story, but I could tell you if you want."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:16 pm

No, no, for the last time, I'm not a demon. I'm not talking about demon circles here: he was part of a circle of mages. I was was his apprentice, really more like his creation. I really didn't learn much from him though..." She trailed off looking at her hands and remembering her pathetically weak fire spell.

"Anyway, I was much better with a sword. So master enchanted this for me."

She drew her sword, doing a little swordplay with the air.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:23 pm

Christian looked at her swordplay with a mix of interrest and fascination.
"Well, you surely seem to be more than you show. Well, what about it? You need... souls... and I need money. And these guys *waves towards the corpses* should bring in a hefty sum. And since you've already cleared them of souls..." He made a little cash sign with his fingers. "Well, that monk guy seemed to have followed those other robbers. What say we accompany him?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:31 pm

Pelm was confused again. "No, no, no, no, no, they've still got souls. I just said they CAN contain souls, not that they do..."

Drawing a stone out of her belt, she gave it a little toss.

"This is just blood. But, good idea; let's go."

Sheathing her sword, she promptly got out the yellow gem and disintegrated the tree. Like a child with a new toy, she skipped around turning random trees into piles of dust.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:34 pm

"Geez," Christian thought as they started walking after the monk, "she's like a child."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:50 pm

Thinking for a bit, Pelm took out the other gem she had found. It was blue and a triangular prism. On a hunch, she tapped it to the pile of dust that was a tree, and *FWOOSH* the tree returned.

IM: I wonder if this works on anything but trees.

She turned around, immediately sighting Christian.

(OOC: Where's the GM?)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/23/02 10:45:32 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:15 pm

Christian noticed the look, sided with the yellow and the blue stones. "C-Chotto Matte!! Let's, Let's not get to far with this, ok?" He waved his hands in front of him. "I mean, it's not like you KNOW it would work on me, so no use trying, uhh..." He started running after the monk.

((OOC: Sumimasen, this will be my last post for tonight, it's 22:30 here in Sweden and I've got to go up 6:00. G´night everybody!))

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:21 pm

( OOC: Yipes thats alot of posts for one day.
Sorry about not posting was out pretty much all day. Anyway back to da rp. )

The bandits huddled as they reached the end of their cave. They began looking around at all the loot they stole from Rolpez and the travelers that came by. Grabbing some here and there.

Bandit1: Hey what about the guy we got prisoner?

Bandit2: Is he even still alive?

Bandit3: How the hell should i know?

They all looked to the fourth bandit who blinked then waved his hands rapidly. "No way! I ain't checking on him! Last guy who came down here to give that guy food didn't come back out."

#1: Well its their fault for leaving him with his damn sword!

#4: Hey I dont even see him in his cell.....

All four of them walked over to a barred up corner of the cave. The crude metal door appeared to still be locked.

#2: Hey go in an look!

The third bandit glanced at the second. "Ya sure....." He slowly walked over to the door and tapped it with his hand. they all froze for a moment as the door creaked open. "Um... guys... I think we should get out of here...."

#1: I um... er.. think your ri....

The other three turn around very slowly altering their gaze from the cell to the first bandit. One by one they backed away. "Its... Its... him! R-r-r-run for it!!!!"

The first bandit stood perfectly upright other than a rather large sword sticking out from his neck. A pair of red eyes gleamed from behind the bandit.

"Hehehehe...."

The three bandits approach you as you enter running rather quickly considering how long it took them to get to the back.

(Stop them,kill them or let them run by your call. )

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:27 pm

After walking for a bit, Kendrick finally found himself approaching a cave, most likely the bandits hideout. As he walks forward he notices three bandits running out towards him, not with looks of aggression, but fear. Kendrick smiles as they recognize him and adopt the look of those trapped between two tigers.

With little thought Kendrick whipped his chain, grabbing a bandit by the throat with the weapon and pulling him forward, and right into a brutal headbut. He flicked the chain, releasing the man before he slashed out with at the other two, cracking them across their heads.

Suddenly something ahead caught his attention. A dead bandit, laying on the ground with a sword through his neck, and beyond that an open door through which gleaming eyes shone.

The monk quickly fell into his fighting stance, "You there, step into the light!" Kendrick commanded.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:10 pm

Underneath the 2 red eyes came a rather large white grin.

"Hey now don't be rude!"

A rather roughed up man slowly slides out from the shadows behind the impaled bandit. He glanced over at the sword and slid it out of the bandits neck. The blood slowly sliding down the blade to the tip before falling to the floor.

"Yup this is mine."

He pushed a strand of brown hair out from his face while sliding the sword into a sheath strapped onto his back.

He slowly glanced at the monk not noticing the others yet.

"So who are you..? And why you take on all them bandits?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:53 am

Still chasing Christian with the gems, they suddenly halt near the entrance to a cave. Several bandit corpses are strewn around.

The monk was already there, and so was a total stranger, one who *frightened* her somewhat. She decided to hide behind a tree until she knew more about him.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:40 am

Christian approached the cave, and stopped. He could see the monk talking with someone, but he didn't recognize the new man. He did, however, recognize the dead bodies of the bandits. He decided that he should maybe pay a visit to the town before doing something else... He started off against the small village, greedily rubbing his hands.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:02 am

Pelm, her playfulness getting the better of her, leaps out from behind the tree in front of Christian, giving his forehead a tap with the yellow gem.

Nothing happened.

IM: Drat!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:31 am

Christian, reacting a second too late gaped with his eyes open, waited for a while and then breathed out. Just as he was about to leave again he snapped his fingers, as he remembered something.
"Oh, Palm, or whatever you called yourself. Don't... mess... with... me." He drew his gun and pointed it at the girl. "You know, I've wanted to do this for a long time." He pushed the trigger...

((OOC: You deserve this. Be nice! Image ))

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:55 am

(OOC: I know, but you didn't have to do that, even if I did hit you with a fireball, set your hair on fire, and then try to disintegrate you... (^_^) BTW you never specified where exactly you shot AT so I'll just assume her head)

Fast though she was, it was only unbelievable luck that kept her from a very serious head wound. The bullet flew by her head, and somewhat in shock, she touched the side of her head to find she had no ear and a lot of blood.

(OOC: Pharkas... FrEEDY Pharkas... earless, peerless and free!)

Pelm fainted from shock.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:01 pm

"Hmm..." Christian muttered as he walked up to the fainted girl. By the look from her ear it was pretty serious, not that he'd want it any other way. "That should teach you. Even fools like I have my limit." He turned to walk away, but stopped after a few steps and looked back. Thinking it over he checked around in his pocket and dropped a healing potion next to her. "We're even now." He muttered and walked down to the town.

((OOC: Sorry for being a hardass, but it kinda went overboard and this is a semi-serious RP. It was my fault as much as yours, but at least you won't die... he he. Anyway, way I see it, we're even. No grudges or anything. At least not from my side. Very well...))

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:27 pm

(OOC: What SHOULD have I expected? After all, every anime catgirl gets her comeupance if she is a pain to the other main characters.

*edit* Bubble Lizard?)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/23/02 4:45:18 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:52 pm

((OOC: Wait, your character LOOKS like a catgirl? Oh, and Bubble Lizard is your forum status, I'm a chichiri wannabe since I went and said "No da" at the end of all my sentances, just ask Dia or any other mod and they'll give you a custom one...))

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:59 pm

Kendrick slowly relaxes, the man before him had most likely been a prisoner and didn't seem to want to fight.

"I took on the bandits because they were rudely attacking people along the road, and because I wanted to fight." He answers the man in front of him.

"Hmm, and if I may ask why are you here sir?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:59 pm

(OOC: I would've explained it earlier but didn't find the chance. Pelm's background is almost completely ripped off of Nuku-Nuku (if you've seen it), thus she used to be a cat but got a human body through a magical experiment, hence why she called herself "Koneko's apprentice, more like his creation actually" so she's very catlike, and also has orange eyes, and red hair, kind of like Merle.)

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:34 pm

((OOC: Right. I thought she had like ears and a tail and stuff... Kinda weird if you hadn't included that in the original description... Image . Anyway, I guess it was kind of appropriate for a catperson... Gomen, Gomen! I feel bad about overreacting already... Image ))

Christian kept walking down the road towards the village, trying not to think about the girl. It was hard, considering that he'd just shot off her ear. Of course, she'd set fire on his hair, and mashed up his leg pretty bad, and... Well, come to think about it, he had no idea why he even felt remorse.

"She was so young." Christian told himself, but that was BS, she didn't look much younger than himself. He continued to think about it...

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:50 pm

(OOC: 'twasn't an overreaction methinks, but ah well. No harm done, except to Pelm, and she doesn't count. Anyway, you've given me the opportunity for an extraordinarily long post.)

Though still unconscious, Pelm twitched slightly. If only anyone knew what she was seeing:

She was running up and up in a circular staircase. She recognized the place: it was the tower that The Circle of Six resided in, her home for so long. She was running up the fourth tower, her master's domain. One thing was wrong: the perspective. She was too tall. The runes she remembered as above her were now at eye level.

Reaching a door, she recognized her usual post just to the left of it.

IM: Where am I then? This isn't me!

Hearing the voice she recognized so well, she/not her lowered her body, and drew a black dagger.

"Who's there?"

IM: What's going on?

Suddenly, the door opened, and her master came out. She lunged at him with the dagger, then had her charge stopped by a powerful blast of ice.

IM: Why am I attacking him?

She/not her was quite obviously dead, and from her position on the floor she heard Master's voice again.

"Don't worry, Pelm, just another assassin."

IM: PELM?

A small meow sounded beyond the door.

IM: So this is before he gave me a human body; why am I seeing this?

Another voice, almost exactly like her own thoughts, another watcher to this grim spectacle, "spoke" (or perhaps it was "thought").

OV (other voice): Because, Pelm, this is your human body.

IM: What? Who are you?

OV: The one lying on the floor is me, but it is still your body. Your body "now." I was Shal Finan, a thief and assassin.

IM: How is it MY body?

OV: Look.

The scene shifted. A dead woman was lying on the table, dressed in black like a ninja, but her mask was gone, revealing long blond hair, and blue eyes. Her master, seven feet tall but skeletally thin with white hair and a black robe, had apparently shed his illusion magic as his fiery red-and-black eyes misted with concentration, his hands placed slightly over the corpse and chanting, obviously casting a spell of some sort.

OV: That's ME, on the table! ME, you understand that?

IM: So where am I?

The answer was soon obvious as a yellow-orange tabby cat jumped up on the table. Her master began chanting more and more loudly, and suddenly stopped. A blinding flash of light enveloped the room. Pelm the Cat slumped and collapsed, while the dead woman began to sit up! She had changed completely however, as Pelm recognized the orange eyes and red hair she so loved. She had also become shorter.

OV: And there you have it.

IM: He told me... he told me he had created it!

OV: He lied. But, he had assumed that my soul had already fled my body. He was wrong. I tried to assassinate him, because I realized the monster that he was, a murderer to put the rest of his kind to shame.

IM: But he hated them!

OV: No matter how much he hated them, he was still one of them. No matter how many he hunted down, he still had to feed. Still had to kill. He was evil to the core, and no matter what he said, he WAS a demon.

IM: Half-demon!!

OV: It makes no difference.

IM: I don't believe you!

Although bodiless her attempt to "run away" broke the link.
Pelm woke up in the clearing, her head throbbing horribly.

IM: What a weird dream!

OV: It wasn't a dream...

IM: Not THIS again!!! Why are you even here?

OV: Your earring broke.

IM: What? He said no one can see those! How do you know about my magical earrings?

OV: Those earrings he gave you were what kept my soul contained. When you lost your ear, the seal was broken, and I was released.

IM: So what now?

OV: Well, I can't exactly do much about it; you DO have the "controlling interest" in this partnership.

IM: Great, so now I'm a skitso.

OV: Seems that way.

Pelm started to take note of her surroundings. Her head still hurt. Noticing the healing potion next to her, she snorted.

"As if a healing potion would fix THIS..." she said, touching the wreck that was her ear gingerly.

Putting one hand next to the side of her head and the other above the ground where the blood had fallen, she began a chant. Blood began to flow from the ground and around the wound straight to the injury. The cup of an ear began to be formed, and in short order she had an ear again, except that it was dark red instead of normal color. Instead of flesh and blood it was simply blood.

IM: That should do until I can find a good priest...

Pelm began to walk toward the town, trying to stay out of sight of the monk and swordsman.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/24/02 4:41:41 am

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:01 pm

He looks at the man and blinks rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ya well I kinda got careless and let myself get caught. Was about a month ago though...."

He grins and brushes off his pants.

"Well in case you were wondering my names Argus. Argus Devilmen.... I'm a demon hunter."

Argus finished looking around and pulled out 3 large bags. He then began to fill them with the bandits loot. After a few minutes he finished and tossed them over his shoulder.

"May as well take this junk back to the village."

Argus walked past the monk toward the exit.

"You coming?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:33 pm

((OOC: What to do, what to do... I'm so far away from the others that posting would be worthless... Anyway, I guess I'm in the village now. Please tell me to edit this if it feels like I'm taking advantage of the situation (I'm trying not to)))

"But, Mayor. Is it really wise to spread the word of our town's weakened state?" Thomas McArgus gruffed. The tall and bearded man looked more like a woodsman than the wizard he really was, not that his clothing wouldn't hint anyone off. He was an nature mage, an animist, and was dressed entire in green robes and a hat, with a oak staff looking like a small trunk.

"I... I don't know, master McArgus." The mayor, a plump man, for only some months ago his cheeks had been rosy red with health, but now they were sicklish gray due to long, sleepless nights of frustration and indecision. "But what can we else do? These robbers have been tearing us apart, and if we don't get help soon..." Before the mayor could finish a knock was heard on the door. "Oh, don't tell me they're back." The mayor whimpered as he went up to open the door. When he opened the door a tall, thin young man was standing before him, showing a tired but happy smile. "Y-Yes, can I help you?" The mayor asked nervously.

"Tell me, is this the village that was plauged by the robbers?" The young man asked.

" Is, yes." The mayor sighed. "I believe you're one of those brash heroes that've come to save us." He didn't carry much enthusiasm in his voice.

"Who said I've come to save you?"

"Err... What? I thought..."

"They're already dead. Well, most of them. If you go up in the woods they should be lying around the road."

"What!? Are you trying to fool me, young man!?" The mayor grew angry. Thomas stepped forward with a scowl on his face.

"Really, who are you to mock on our worries. Leave now or I shall..." The wizard began.

"Please, listen to me." The young man said again, his smile gone. My name is Christian, I have travelled here from Doma to aid you. And I tell no lies. The men are dead, I can assure."

The mayor looked doubtfully at the man. "Hmm... I can't believe that you took care of this, all by yourself..."

A small thought kicked it's way through Christians mind. "I had help..." What was he going to say, that a weird monk had helped kill most of the robbers? No, sounded too strange, and besides, didn't monk give poverty oaths or something like that? "A young girl, Pelm I think her name was. She got wounded, but I think she might be on her way here. If you don't believe me, send some men to find ou..."

"If it was that easy..." The mayor sighed. "Most of our men are either dead or have left this village. We've been hounded like dogs. Unfortunantly I can't do that, for if you are lying, the robbers would not take kindly upon us leaving this village."

"Very well, I will join you." Christian said with a smirk. "That way I can guarantee your safety." He wavered around his gun. "I swear by my name."

the mayor seemed to think this over for quite a while. Then he finally nodded. "Very well, you will be accompanied by master McArgus will join you, if he agrees."

"You know I would give my life for this town." The wizard growled. He looked angrily at Christian. Somehow, the young man felt that this might not be exactly what he'd planned...

((OOC: WAAAY long post...))

((OOC: And MANY grammatical errors... Gomen, gomen!))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchristianc.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/23/02 10:36:56 pm

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:52 pm

Kendrick snorted as he followed Argus out, "Careless? To have been defeated and captured by these men, you must have been more than careless." He said with another snort.

"Anyway... onward."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=captaincommando>CaptainCommando</A] at: 8/24/02 3:39:55 pm

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:55 am

Walking toward the town, Pelm sighted Christian again, this time accompanied by some sort of silly-looking green-robed staff-carrier. Drawing her sword and holding it at the ready in her right hand with a bloodstone in the left, she stepped into view. Something between a cruel smile and a cold scowl crossed her face.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/24/02 6:58:24 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:46 pm

Christian nodded at the old man. "Right, this is the woman I'm talking abou..." He stopped when he noticed the sword, the smile and the now completely blood red, but intact, ear. He smiled nervously. "Ehehe... I see you're awake, uhh, good... Right, so just a bit up are the bodies of the bandits..." He tried to urge the wizard on. Thomas, though, stepped up to the young woman.
"Is this man telling the truth? Did you and he kill the robbers that have been plauging us so long?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:59 pm

Pelm's eye glinted slightly. The cold scowl half completely vanished to leave a cruel, evil, and very very whimsical smile.

With all the gusto of the triumphant heroine, she pointed her sword at Christian and cried, "Haha! So I've found you! Did you think you could escape Pelm Finan, Master Bandit Hunter? You shall suffer the same fate as your underlings!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:08 pm

Christian stared in disbelief at the woman, frowned and then smiled. "He he he... Pelm, funny. Look, waving around an unsheathed sword when your opponent isn't even armed (he pointed to his gun being holstered) is hardly what I'd consider the good side of the law. And if I knew you were a bandit hunter, why would I even try to share whatever reward there would be with you?" He waited for a response. Clearly he had logic on his side.

((OOC: First thing you learn on a LARP, never keep your weapons unsheathed unless you're attacking someone or you're attacked... he he))

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:21 pm

(OOC: I could probably argue that, but Pelm can't because cats aren't known for their reasoning skills, thus I won't)

Pelm's ears perked up at the word "reward." Though she was still a little mad at Christian, he didn't look like he was going to follow up his original attack, so she sheathed her sword. She grinned and said "Bah, you win." and promptly started glomping the silly-looking-green-robed-staff-carrier asking about this "reward."

(OOC: LARP?)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/24/02 8:37:28 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:39 pm

(Live Action Role Playing... "Running around in forests" for people such as teachers, parents and stuff. You walk with a unsheathed sword and every man, woman, orc and elf will attack you, you're begging for it... Well, this time I won't though...))

Christian smiled, peace for now. Then another small thought kicked it's way through his head. The city had been hounded, the mayor had said, then any thoughts on reward was stupid. But hadn't the monk been talking to someone at a cave? Hmm... Worth investigating.

"Right, let's keep walking on then. He he, nearly fooled me ther, Pelm *wink wink*... Anyway, I think there was a cave around here somewhere..."

((OOC: Not much we can do Without CptC who's got the loot together with the... guy who started this RP (can't even remember his name, I'm growing old...))

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:59 pm

(( well since cptn's kinda taking his time i'll assume hes just walking with me or something.... on a different note, I like your comics Christian they gave me good laugh! ))

Argus shifted the bags to his other shoulder as he hummed to himself. He came to a halt as he noticed someone approaching.

"Eh..... I hope none of the bandits were in town....I doubt they would take likely to all their buddies being dead."

Argus grimaced and shrugged waiting for whoever it was to come closer.

(( hmm small post x_x ))

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:13 pm

((OOC: Sorry Argus, I have constant brain freeze (don't get me started on how I forget things, I'm very, seriously, VERY clumsy and forgettable... I've lost ten wallets and counting... Image Glad to hear you like my comics, I feel like I've maybe reached my peak a while ago and only make comics only I laugh at... I've got to get new ideas, and RPing is very good for that, have I got your permission to make a comic of this RP?))

Christian noticed the strange man standing before them together with the monk. He didn't seem that weird so he guessed it was another hero trying his luck against the bandits.
"Greetings." Christian said, not really knowing what to say. "It... seems like you've gathered up what those robbers stole... I think. Anyway, allow me to introduce master McArgus, who've come with me to make sure the robbers are dead."
((OOC: I think it's better that you control McArgus, since you're the GM... sort off))

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:30 pm

Walking along with the sillylookinggreenrobedstaffcarrier and Christian, occasionally trying to be stealthy, Pelm was relatively lost in her own thoughts... well, not quite her own...

IM: Oy, Shal!

OV: Yes?

IM: I... er... you were an assassin, right?

OV: Yeah, so?

IM: So why can't I hide well?

OV: What do you mean?

IM: Well, assassins are supposed to be able to "vanish into shadow" and fun stuff like that, right?

OV: I suppose, though it's hardly that dramatic.

IM: So why can't I?

OV: Well, it's not so much a physical skill as a mental one. There's a certain amount of instinct involved, but largely it's spotting the thickest and darkest parts of the wood.

IM: Ah... so tell me: if I gave you control for a little while, could you use your abilities?

OV: How could you do that?

IM: I'm just thinking... could you?

OV: I'm not exactly used to controlling a human form after all this time, and you DID become shorter. And I've never really used a sword, especially the type you've got.

Pelm drew one of the bandit daggers out of her pack. She rather liked the feel of this one, and began examining it.

IM: Will this do?

OV: Maybe a little thinner and a couple inches longer.

Putting the dagger back in her pack, she tried to find one that matched these specifications. She eventually found one relatively close, but looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years.

OV: Perfect!

IM: It looks pretty crappy.

OV: It needs a good cleaning, but it was well made.

IM: What can you do with THIS?

OV: Surprising things.

Several years ago on her travels, Pelm had met a monk, totally different from the one-armed guy from earlier, who taught her the art of blanking her mind and repressing her own spirit. Pelm didn't think much of the technique as she found oblivion to be scary, but thought it would be useful now.

IM: "No price is too great for the gain of knowledge."

OV: Another quote from your demon master?

Ignoring Shal, Pelm asked the others to wait a minute. She promptly sat down, crossed her legs, and began to meditate.

When she stood up, Pelm seemed different. No longer smiling, she lowered her body slightly, her narrowed eyes constantly shifted, watching every movement. She stuck the dagger in her belt along with two others that looked exceptionally light.

OV (which is Pelm now): So how's it feel to be alive again?

IM (which is Shal now): Better than ever!

OV: Just keep in mind, I can take control whenever I want.

IM: I know, but at least let me give this body a try.

OV: Fair enough.

IM: You know, not everybody gets a double soul with a cat.

OV: Count your blessings, human!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/24/02 9:44:14 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:38 pm

Christian stared at the young woman. "Seriously, Pelm, we don't have time for this..." Christian frowned. "If you're going to exercise or something, then we'll go beforehand..." He turned to leave.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:57 pm

(OOC: just a note: When Pelm is in control I'll refer to her as Pelm, and she'll be IM and Shal will be OV, and the other way around when Shal is in control. However she's still Pelm to everyone else. Just hoping to prevent any confusion.)

Shal sneered.

"Put a sock in it; I'm done already."

OV: Be nice to him; he freed you after all.

IM: Why should I? I don't trust him.

OV: Do you trust anyone?

IM: Nope.

She sniffed and walked ahead of him, still remaining alert.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 8/24/02 10:11:32 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:01 pm

Christian stared at "Pelm" for a moment. Then shrugged.
"fine then." He said and kept walking. "what's with the attitude." He thought for himself.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:44 pm

(( Well of course you can make it comic! And I dunno about the McArgus, I think you should keep him since you made him up :P ))

Argus glanced at the 2 and blinked.

"Well um ya the bags are full of the towns stuff...."

IM: Oh great someone from town.... at least no one even remembers my family name.

Argus lay down the 3 bags one at a time. stretching out his arms after words.

"So why you bring the geezer up here?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs