Ethralia - A New World

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Lights, camera, ACTION! Or not.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:09 pm

'Of course not. He will be given the chance to fight.' He chuckled unpleasantly. 'And a braerska...well, he has powers that you cannot comprehend. See his black eyes? It's thier mark. They believe it's their holy mission to eradicate chaos from the world, and use their powers to accomplish this. They think they are saving the world, but in reality, they are slowly and surely destroying the balance. Destroying them is necessary, which is where my fellow hunters and I come in.'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:49 pm

Some kind o' religious cult person? Raf bared his teeth in a snarl. "Don't look to me like he's trouble. More like YOU are."

Damian stepped forward, placing a hand on the small boy's shoulder, but Raf shrugged it off heedlessly.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:54 pm

'Don't...put.yourself in danger..for me.' Nathan grunted. 'What he says is true...he just...doesn't know all of it....I...can defend myself...Find Calynpen.'

He staggered to his feet, clutching at Raf for support until he steadied himself.

'Now go....'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:12 pm

Damian finally grabbed Raf's shoulder again, jerking the smaller boy away against Raf's protests.

"Don't want you killed, bro," whispered Damian. "C'mon, let's get Calynpen." They ran over the rooftops.

Meanwhile, Faya's group was at the fountain, huddling together as they cautiously went down a few alleys, then retracing their steps and trying others.

"Tiger?" called Faya.

He's the only gang leader we haven't met yet... if he's here, he can find her.

tiny harddrive

Sorry I'm not doing much! ^^;

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:40 am

Joke heard the other gang's calling.

IM: They're looking for Tiger? Well this is interesting...

Joke ignored the gang and continued his vigilance over Tiger's position.

SALSAlys

We wuv you anyways. ^_^

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:12 am

There was no answer from the other gang, and the small trio continued their search carefully, avoiding the berserking monsters, who seemed to be clearing out of the slums. Damian, with Raf and another boy in tow, joined them.

"Any luck?" Damian asked.

"Nuh-uh," replied Faya. They kept looking, Faya examining every nook and cranny in the crumbling edifices, hoping it would lead to where Tiger's gang was laired up.

"Get'cha away from here," snarled a rat-faced boy with a white armband, suddenly leaping from his spot as lookout against Faya's back, pressing her against a wall and with a knife pricking her throat.

However, Calynpen was able to burst out, with the guard so distracted. The boy then tried to block her, but Faya kicked him into the hiding hole.

"Calynpen! C'mon! Calyn—" Her words were cut off in shock as Calynpen moved towards Raf, drawn towards his injury like a plant towards sunlight. Dreamily, in a daze, the green-haired healer pressed her palm to his arm, the green tint righting itself and mending quickly.

"Holy Trinity..." she breathed, then snapped back to her senses. "C'mon, Calynpen, let's go!" She dragged the girl with the glowing eyes behind her, Raf taking her other side as they ran. Despite her need to be dragged, Calynpen moved gracefully, not tripping or stumbling. Even so, she had to be led, meaning that time was lost. Tiger's gang poured out quickly in pursuit. Damian and the three others stayed behind, trying to distract them and delay them as Faya and Raf ran past Joke, hauling Calynpen between them.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/usalsalys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>SALSAlys</A] at: 7/6/02 9:37:17 pm

tiny harddrive

Re: We wuv you anyways. ^_^

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:55 pm

Joke was suprised by the running figures;
"Huh? Wha...? Calynpen!"

As Joke realised, he sprang from his hiding place and gave chase. Joke had always been a good runner, but now, his legs pounded the ground at the pace of a champion sprinter. As he levelled with the three, he gasped across at them;

"What......the HELL....is...going.......on....here?"

Edited by: tiny harddrive at: 7/6/02 9:48:04 pm

SALSAlys

Re: We wuv you anyways. ^_^

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:53 pm

Faya and Raf glanced over to him in surprise before picking up their own pace, boosting Calynpen up to a roof. "Who the hell're YOU?" snarled Raf.

tiny harddrive

It lives! Oh happy days!

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:12 pm

Joke leapt up onto the roof after them.

"Ugh. I might as well be honest with you. I was the one that took Calynpen to Tiger."

"What?! How dare..." Raf cried at Joke, his hand already on his knife.

"Wait," sighed Joke, "I can explain."

Raf slumped, still glaring at Joke.

"Tiger payed me to bring Calynpen to him. I just took it as another job, but.....something...," he looked over to Calynpen who was heaving and resting on Faya's shoulder, "something was different, about...about you Calynpen. Something wasn't..no, ISN'T right. And I just want to know what this is all about."

He scanned the three, "What does Tiger want with Calynpen?"

SALSAlys

Here again hey!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:26 pm

Raf nodded curtly, Faya supporting the healer. The boy glanced down at the gangs, and spoke quickly.

"Calynpen's our healer, arright? She... she's the only one the slummers have." His words came out in a rapid burst, and he paused to take a breath. "If ye control her, ye control the whole slums, and most of the gangs. And the way she is now..." He glanced over to her, his hand still on his knife. "She heals a lot more than usual. Usual... she just can bind the wound, knows some salves... but the way she is, she can heal things just touchin' 'em. And that's worth e'en more."

tiny harddrive

Re: Here again hey!

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:35 pm

"And goes into a trance right? That explains why she was ignoring everything when I found her at the arena. She didn't even notice anything when she was almost attacked by that serpent monster.
"And so that's why Tiger wants her. That explains a lot. But...what do we do now? Tiger's probably gonna have people after us, or just Calynpen more likely."

SALSAlys

Lights! Camera! ACTION!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:08 pm

Faya nodded. "NOW, though, we're trying to get her to help people. If we can get enough people helped, then we'll have enough people to resist Tiger. We have most of the gangs on our side, and Tiger's tough, but he isn't immortal. He's the one that really holds his gang together. Besides," she added, glancing over the rooftops. "We have a case of Ten-Step Poison to deal with."

Raf started, then began cursing. "I nearly forgot!" He scrambled after Faya, supporting Calynpen.

tiny harddrive

Re: Lights! Camera! ACTION!

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:17 pm

IM: Ten step poison? Hoo boy!

Joke looked up and chased after the trio once again.

(I'll post again in the morning, k Lys?)

SALSAlys

Re: Lights! Camera! ACTION!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:21 am

(OOC: Kay-o. ^_^ I wuvvy you.)

Faya glanced behind her with some misgivings, but Joke seemed to be on their side for now. Raf and Faya reached the end of a roof. Faya began slowing down, fearful of what would happen if Calynpen couldn't hurdle in her trance, but Raf sped up, forcing them all to make the jump. Calynpen managed to do it, although her landing was shaky.

And they continued back to where they had left Nathan.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

A little drama!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:26 pm

When they reached the spot where they had left Nathan, they found him standing, still in a face-off with the street magician/hunter. He was swaying - an effect of the ten-step poison. Obviously he hadn't been given a fatal dose. The hunter was far too cruel for that.

Both predator and prey seemed to be doing nothing, yet it soon became obvious that they were indeed locked in a battle of sorts, but it was of a non-physical nature. As a muscle twitched in Nathan's jaw, a piece of the fountain tore up and hurled itself at the hunter, who raised an arm, sending it spinning off to the right. Another hand movement sent numerous stones from a nearby pile of rubble hurtling at the braerska, but they stoppe dshort, held back by an invisible wall. It was clear that Nathan was running out of both physical and mental strength - he was now swaying alarmingly, and his mental wall was wavering...

SALSAlys

And a trancey healer!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:08 pm

Calynpen burst from Faya and Raf, moving towards Nathan unerringly. The light from her eyes illuminated her features, making them shine with a soft metallic gleam. Without heeding the hunter, she moved towards Nathan, hands outstretched. Laying her palms upon his cheeks, she breathed softly, drawing out the poison.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

= A bit of drama with a trancey healer!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:15 pm

As the poison leeched out of his system, Nathan felt his strength - or at least a little bit of it - returning in a rush. Throwing caution to the winds he let down his barrier and flung his arms outwards - a shock tactic which worked more effectively than he had dreamed. The hunter flew backwards, landing on the spiked railing around the large stone building behind him.

But not before he had in turn cast a measure of power at Calynpen, knocking her backwards to the ground with such force that her head made a resounding crack against the stone.

With a cry, Nathan fell to her side, inspecting her for injury.

SALSAlys

Wooot!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:40 pm

Fortunately, Calynpen's skull wasn't broken, but green blood clotted her scalp. She didn't seem aware of her own injury though, eyes still open and unseeing, their glow undiminished.

"Calynpen!" gasped Faya, running to her friend's side. Raf glared venom at the corpse, hand hovering over the hilt of his knife before lowering his hand. Knives weren't so cheap that he could afford to throw one at an already dead man.

tiny harddrive

Re: Wooot!

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:09 pm

Joke was stunned, "you, you cured the poison!? The hell is this?!"

"And what, what was up with THAT?" he said, pointing at Nathan and the deceased conjuror.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Gwa!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:54 am

Nathan cradled Calynpen's head in his hands, trying to make sense of her wound through the foggy haze in his mind.

'I...I'm sorry...' He whispered, letting his right hand trail along her scalp, tracing the line of the wound.

At first nothing happened, then as Nathan stroked her skull, slowly and carefully, the flesh around the bloody wound begin to close together and heal, and her skull's bruising disappeared. The only sign left of what had been there was the blood matting her hair.

'I'm sorry...' he said again, this time low enough that it might be mistaken for the murmuring of the wind by anyone but her. 'Braerska...' A tear splashed on Calynpen's forehead and he turned away, letting his tears flow freely.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:08 am

Calynpen sat up once more, then raised a tentative hand to her own scalp.

"Don't worry..." she whispered softly. "It's gone." She gave Nathan a warm embrace, although it seemed to be more of a comforting gesture than an affectionate one.

That seemed to be the limit of her speech and self control before she stood up again, gliding towards where she felt the pain of others the most, eyes still spilling light.

Faya and Raf looked like they were about to join her, then Faya glanced downwards. At her stricken look, Raf glanced down as well. He swore. They both leapt.

Tiger's gang was rallying, fighting off Damian and the others, but other gangs were arriving. This was turning into a wild brawl.

"Watch Calynpen for us!" hollered Faya before lunging to attack one of the boys with the white armbands. Raf hesitated only a moment longer. "If she's hurt, I'm going to KILL ya!" Then he also went into the fray.

However, nobody seemed to be seriously hurt yet, and Calynpen kept on her meandering path away from them, towards the center of the city where rubble was burying the dying.

(OOC: Blaze, I figure I can leave rping Calynpen to you. I'm sorry I'm not able to stay, but I'm going to be gone until August 15.)

tiny harddrive

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:03 pm

(August 15th?! We'll miss woo! X3)

Joke looked to Nathan, "So, you gonna follow her? We were asked to protect her, right?" Without waiting for an answer, Joke turned and followed Calynpen towards where the tournament once was.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Awww...v.v

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:27 pm

Nathan was already up on his feet with his sword and mace drawn, hurrying to bring himself level with the entranced healer, who continued onwards, oblivious.

'Entrusting such a chaotic force to a braerska', he muttered. 'And the braerska complying of his own free will! Will wonders never cease...?'

tiny harddrive

Re: Awww...v.v

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:46 am

Shrugging, Joke drew his sword and followed after Nathan and Calynpen.

SALSAlys

Back for a little.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:14 pm

Calynpen led the way, passing by random strangers and brushing their faces or bodies with her palms, healing whatever injuries they had as she worked her way towards the tower. Nearby, a piteous moaning came from under a large chunk of rubble. She crouched, green hair spilling over her face and obscuring her eyes as she dug.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/usalsalys.showPublicProfile?language=EN>SALSAlys</A] at: 7/18/02 8:58:37 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Back for a little.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:57 pm

Nathan calmly gripped her shoulders and pulled her away.

'Let me do it', he said, quietly. 'Save your strength.'

He began moving the rocks out of the way, the smaller ones first so as to give him easier access to the large ones amongst them.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:27 pm

Calynpen obeyed dociley, whatever mentality that was driving her now at least aware of Nathan's advice. When he had cleared off enough for her to reach down to the formerly entrapped person inside, she stepped forward again, eyes briefly flaring as a bleeding ruin of bone and flesh resolved itself into a human body at her touch. The person stared at her, then babbled thanks before getting out and running off.

The healer didn't even notice, instead drifting to the next would-be tomb of rock and gravel.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:16 pm

Nathan hurried in front of her to begin work in shifting the next set of rocks. Every fibre in his body was now devoted to doing all he could to save Calynpen from working herself to death.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:46 pm

Calynpen continued the process, healing the entrapped person as soon as there was sufficient space cleared out. Apparently, though, she suffered no fatigue from the energy she used... doubtless it would catch up with her later, when she regained full conciousness.

(OOC: Hello? Anybody else out there? Like the crew who were supposed to be checking the tower?)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:50 pm

(OOC: In all honesty, if you hadn't came back right when you did I'd have announced this RP officially dead and never visited the thread again. Perhaps I should anyway.)

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:31 pm

(OOC: Considering that I'm going to be gone until August 15 and only lurking around here for another day or two, maybe. But it started out so well!)

viator22

Unread postby viator22 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:28 am

(OCC: Yes, it did. Sad, this was a good read. Best of wishes.)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:53 am

(*Wanders in, sticks a giant "DEAD RP" sticker on thread, and wanders out again, mourning the loss*)

Previous

Return to Other RPs