A war of another kind (Anime)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
The Dark Gun

A war of another kind (Anime)

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:06 am

The premise is simple. This is going to be realitively freestyle, but I'm going to place some limitations. You can be almost any anime character in this (anyone at all), but note that people like Tetsuo and any other truly GOD power are OUT (this includes most DBZ characters too, sorry) because I've done this before and it gets DUMB if I allow stuff like that... Characters like Vash, Spike, Kenshin, and other sword or gun fighters are completely allowed. The good guys will be on one side, the bad guys on the other. This is just to get the ball rolling, so I would like each person to state only certain things in their first post: Name of character, Race, Anime from, good/evil, a general outline of usual powers, and anything that the person would use in combat that is noticible. This is going to be mostly an RP battle, but I want none of the "I dodge that with super agility" crud. If your person can dodge a bullet, I want to hear, maybe in some depth, HOW they dodge that bullet. Also, people are PERFECTLY capable of DYING in this, if I think your twinking (basically acting godly and dodging every other thing that shows up, or unleashing gods at the enemy, etc.) I WILL kill your character with a bolt of pure power from the sky (or some other melodramatic act of god). My character will be:

Knives from Trigun
Race: Plant (If you haven't seen or know about the show/mangna, you wouldn't know)
Evil
Unusual Powers: Unatturally fast, excellent aim, 20% energy output attack (Fusion Cannon).
Weapon/other stuff: Uses an all black 6-shot revolver (unnaturally strong, can re-direct the equivalent of a flying car with 5 shots)

This can be as expansive or as stupid as you play it, so I want to see some creativity please.

SALSAlys

Re: A war of another kind (Anime)

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:24 am

Just a note: I think this ought to be in the OOC forum first, but I like this concept. ^_^

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:09 am

Indeed, I like the idea myself.

No telling if this will get going or not, but if it does..

My Character:

Son Goku from Dragonball (the original)
Race: Apparently Human (Goku is only revealed as a Saiyan at the beginning of DBZ)
Good
Unusual Powers: VERY strong, fairly fast, a few basic ki attacks, somewhat mastered Kamehameha technique
Weapon: Nyoibo Pole (can extend to rather far lengths and hits rather hard)
Misc.: Can ride Kinto'un -- a yellow nimbus cloud

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:22 am

Interesting concept indeed. . .this shall be interesting to watch. My only dismay is that you're using pre-made characters. That makes it alot less interesting. . .

FlamingDeth

Against my better judgement...

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:20 am

...I think I'll participate. Since the godliness rule excludes Dark Schneider, I'll have to use the next best thing...

Gara, from Bastard!
Race: Human
Unusual Powers: Ninja master, yo! Oh, and he has an absolutely INSANE threshold of pain...IE, limbs can come off, and he'll fight like nothing happened.
Wepon: True Demon Sword - a katana which sends energy wave things, and this one super attack deal that drains energy from the soul.

...and he has cool armor.

...and that's it. On the other hand, depending on where I see you going with this, I may drop out fairly early on. It all rides on how well ya start it off...

Nick Shogun

Hoo hoo! F00!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:10 am

I love this idea! Then again, I love alot of weird things. I just wanted to try this, from one of my favorite mangas.

Name: Uzumaki Naruto
Race: Human/Demon
Unusual Powers: Has the spirit of an all powerful demon beast living inside him(though he can't use any of the demon's power), is extremely loud and annoying, loves Ramen, fast and has excellent chakra control. Knows summons and throws lotsa shruikens.

The Dark Gun

Excellent

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:52 pm

It seems we are off to a good start. Compliments on using an EARLY version a a DBZ character, that was a good idea and fits well. Everything looks pretty good so far, and I think we can get started soon enough if maybe one or two more people feel like joining us. I'll give it another day or so, I guess. Also, not ALL of you have stated whether your characters are good or evil, so you might want to mention that before we get started.

Elementalist Daien

Stuff!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:32 pm

I couldn't resist the plain attractiveness of this idea... Therefore, I will join! ^_^

Name: Miroku, from Inu Yasha
Race: Human
Class: Monk... sort of.
Good
Unusual Powers: Knows everything about Demon-warding and other monkish techniques, is a fairly good fighter. His right hand, which he always covers with a necklace-like bracelet, and a special clothing, houses a vortex, which activates itself when it is removed, sucking anything in the direction it is pointed.
Weapon: Staff
Personality: Is the type which can drive you insane while he doesn't even twitch. He can be rather money-minded, even tricking people to get money when needed, despite his monkhood... or even using his monkhood. Is also a bit perverted. However, when things get serious, so can he.

-------------------
Some pictures of Miroku I found, for visual aid:

www.mirokusama2.homestead.com/anime.html

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 6/13/02 9:23:59 pm

Zemyla

And I come in.

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:38 pm

Here's my contribution.

Name: Kirisawa Fuko
Unusual Powers: She uses the Fujin, which is an armband that allows her power over wind. She also has the main gem from the Oni no Tsume, which she can use to create the Kaze no Tsume, or Blades of Wind.
Personality: Quite arrogant, but with a good heart.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uzemyla.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Zemyla</A] at: 6/13/02 10:06:30 pm

The Dark Gun

K

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:39 pm

That works, I still need to know whether people are good/evil though.

Elementalist Daien

Stuff

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:48 pm

I edited the post to show you

FlamingDeth

Re: Stuff

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:18 pm

...the answer to this is "yes". Gara is good or evil. Kinda hard to tell.

The Dark Gun

OK

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:35 pm

In that case we'll just put him on whatever team is short on guys...

Nick Shogun

*gurgle*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:55 pm

Naruto's the stupid good guy. Yep.

-_-''

PreacherWolfwooD

I'm In =)

Unread postby PreacherWolfwooD » Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:00 pm

(no god powers but you can destroy a city in less than 10 seconds? =D)

Name : Nicholas D. Wolfwood (trigun)
Height: 7'
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue-grey
Attire: Black suit, with a white shirt collar poking out. He has the first top buttons of both the jacket and shirt undone. The cufflings on his jacket are silver crosses. Then brown shoes.
Occupation: Traveling Priest, also owns a church, orphanage, and an Inn. (Colorless Sky Inn)
Traits: Smokes, drinks, carries a huge cross, that is covered in white cloth and black straps. Has a habit of gambling, and a flirt. He is seen crusin' around on his beautiful Angelia Two, his motorcycle.
Weapons: His Cross Punisher, the huge cross he carries. It has a machine gun and two rocket launchers. Then holds 8 guns in that, .45 claiber guns. They all have bone colored handles.
Allignment : Good (?)

Oh yeah.... kickass. =)

10/6

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/upreacherwolfwood.showPublicProfile?language=EN>PreacherWolfwooD</A] at: 6/13/02 11:19:17 pm

The Dark Gun

True Enough

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:22 pm

True enough, BUT think of how long it takes to charge the first time, AND the fact that I end up standing STILL (I mean... Vash won and Knives was using DOUBLE!)

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Well..

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:52 pm

Actually, I thought Son Goku would be the stupid good guy. >_> He was never very smart in Dragonball..

Nick Shogun

*gurgle*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:15 am

Nope, I'm waaaaaay stupider.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: *gurgle*

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:24 am

Okay! *takes up position as the HUNGRIEST good guy* Yum!

The Dark Gun

Uh-Oh

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:47 am

I would be most appreciative if someone else could take care of this for about a week (today to NEXT sunday) because, most unfortunately, I have a family vacation wasn't warned about. Whoever wants to be in charge for a bit can (It's up to whoever posts it first). Just provide some terrain and maybe some even odds for the players and watch the battle go.

PreacherWolfwooD

Re: Uh-Oh

Unread postby PreacherWolfwooD » Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:55 pm

i can handle it for ya if ya want, ive seen these done quite alot. =)

10/6

PreacherWolfwooD

Unread postby PreacherWolfwooD » Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:56 pm

i can handle it for ya, ive seen it done quite often =)

10/6

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:24 pm

So start us off, dude.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:23 pm

Go for it Wolfwood! (This is my actual last post) Give 'em something to fight on!

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:52 pm

...actually, I think I'm gonna pull out of this one, for various reasons.

Elementalist Daien

Hm

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:56 pm

To tell you the truth, I am debating that too...

Is this just a
"Come on, fight" thing? Is there ANY sense to this war whatsoever? I don't fight anyone in front of me cos he's evil and stuff.

Hope you can answer these questions

PreacherWolfwooD

Re: Hm

Unread postby PreacherWolfwooD » Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:22 pm

my only concern is the fact that not everyone knows what side their on, and that makes things kinda hard... perhaps as a plotline cince the dark gun isnt here (and Knives is practicly a god) all of the good aligned charicters are attacking his stronghold in a last dicth effort to stop him before he destroys the human race altogeather...

so if anyone wants to do this, here are the specs...

Terrain: Planet Gunsmoke - A sandy desert planet where only the desprate survive with a gun in their hand and blood flowing freely thru the streets

Plot - Knives is getting ready to destroy the entire planet with the angel arms, finding a way to produce their naural output to 45%, enought to blow a hole in the planets surface to destroy everything in exsistance.

Knives mounan stronghold has been discovered by the alliance of good, in an effort to destroy knives once and for all. But, before they can confront the master, they must fight his minions....

(lemme kno what u think.... if u have any better ideas lemme kno)

10/6

"We're not god. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself." - WolfwooD

PreacherWolfwooD

hmmmm

Unread postby PreacherWolfwooD » Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:17 pm

i guess no one wants to do this?

The Dark Gun

Re: hmmmm

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:39 pm

I'm back... see life got boring with me gone... hmm... so much for this... I'll think of something new I guess.

Return to Other RPs