The Planewalkers' Other Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: The Planewalkers' Other Journies

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Outlands - Tunnels

The refugees rush out with Theller, as Florence gets to her feet. "She was running off alone? I thought we talked her out of that! That girl..." She stares down the tunnel, sighing. "Fjandi...come on, she's already got a head start on us."

Shawn:
Spoiler:
Shawn focuses herself, trying to pick up the flayer's scent. The stench around her overpowers her nose at first, but she pushes past it. After a few seconds, she manages to pick it up...and it's very close. It seems to be coming from the wall across from the doorway. Taking a closer look, she finds a very slight seam in the wall, and the slightest signs of scraping against the floor...a room behind the wall. Of course, the way the flayers can vanish, they wouldn't need a door at all. But others would. Hunting for a catch, she spies a slight spot of stone that's worn shiny, in a small indent about four feet above the ground. She can't reach it on all fours, but maybe if she stood...

A series of quite good Perception checks works out well for you!

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am

Rosalyn gave a nod to Florence's words about not giving in, recalling the history of the Githzerai she had learned on her last excursion. If nothing else, it was true that she wouldn't have any chance of escaping the Flayer's control if she gave up. On top of that, she had already outmaneuvered the Flayer once, so she knew she wasn't completely powerless.

Once Shawn ran past, though, Rosalyn's attention shifted to that potential crisis. Moments later, Theller emerged as well and... Shawn's intentions quickly became clear. Jumping to her feet, Rosalyn prepared to give chase. Unfortunately, though, this was just the situation where the disadvantage of her armor would rear its head, as the weight of her breastplate was going to slow her down.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:42 am

Shawn sighs, and starts working her way up the wall towards the switch, trying to dig her claws into the wall as she goes for extra stability.

Stupid..racist..bipedals...Don't understand...Nyaa!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 am

Outlands - Tunnels

Darting down the tunnel after Shawn, they do their best to make up the distance, but she's just too quick for them. Ahead, they all begin to pick up the strong scent of brine, and the goblin skitters to a stop, almost shaking. She glances around almost expectantly, but when nothing happens, she dashes back up to their side. "The Great Master lived this way. But I don't feel him..."

Shawn:
Spoiler:
Pulling herself up and stretching as far as she can, Shawn just barely manages to reach the inset switch, and the wall panel begins to swing open. She tumbles back, out of the way of the door; inside, a dull-green glow emanates. Looking in, she quickly spots the flayer lying on a stone table radiating out light, its eyes closed and its arms folded across its chest. Its breathing is slow and regular; so far as she can see, it's asleep. But could this be another trick?

Rocket stays at Shawn's heels, tail flicking anxiously. He stays quiet and pressed low to the ground, watching Shawn for any sign of what they should do next.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:34 pm

"The...Great Master?" Theller echoed. "What is...was...the Great Master?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Outlands - Tunnels

"The one that ruled the flayers." She forces out the words, sweating from the mental exertion as she pushes as best she can past whatever mental blocks she still has. The older man stays silent, watching her with more than a little confusion in our eyes. "He was...strong, and even more frightening than them. He did what the f...flayers could not. What they lacked the power to do. I only saw him once, when he remade my mind." The slightest bit of a smile shows itself on her face. "It used to burn my mind just to come this way, but there's nothing now. He's gone."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Shawn allows herself a smile, and rears back as quietly as she can on her haunches. Trying to keep her mind as clear as possible, she lunges towards the Flayer, trying to rip out it's throat with her claws and teeth.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Outlands - Tunnels

Shawn:
Spoiler:
Leaping up onto the flayer, Shawn quickly sinks her teeth into its neck as it awakens. She scores a deep wound into its neck before shoved to the ground, as it focuses its gaze on her. It sits up straight, its two surviving tentacles twitching around its mouth. The wounds they managed to inflict upon it seem to be entirely gone now, but the damage inflicted during the invasion persists.

Its voice echoes in her mind, filling the clarity she provided for herself as its blood drips down the front of its robe. "Your companion betrayed me? Shameful. I'll have to correct her behavior, as I shall yours." At that, she feels a strange sensation, like a whip raking across her thoughts. The flayer sends a blow directly against Shawn's confidence, and though she has the force of will to fight most of it off, it still leaves its mark. As it speaks, the glow of the table heightens, and the blood flow from the wound left by her staunches slightly.

Shawn hits automatically, and makes a sneak attack for 7 damage total. She passes her saving throw, and takes 2 points of Charisma damage.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:57 am

Ruler of the flayers? Rosalyn thought about that as they continued along. If Shawn had gone that way, then maybe the scent that had drawn her wasn't that of the flayer they were after. Though, one never knew.

For that matter, she was supposed to warn the Flayer when they were getting close, but she hadn't really been told how she would know where it was. Some part of her tried to compel her to warn the Flayer anyway that one of her companions had run off and was currently unaccounted for, but she had also been told not to disturb it until they were close. With that uncertainty and the conflict in orders, Rosalyn tried to resist the urge to send that warning. After all, if Shawn did find the Flayer by herself, Rosalyn wanted her to have the best chance possible against it.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Outlands - Tunnels

Rosalyn devotes all her effort to fighting the temptation, and thankfully, she's able to keep herself from warning the flayer; she has no idea if they're even approaching it, after all. The stench of brine grows almost overpowering as they arrive at a large room in the inner side of the tunnel, and the sight that greets them within is distressing in more ways than one. Directly off the tunnel is a circular room, about 50 feet across, with a 20-foot-wide pool set into the ground, the source of the overpowering odor. In the middle of the pool, massive pieces of grey matter and tentacles float freely, the remains of what must have been a giant, tentacled brain at least 10 feet across. Some of the remains still glow a dull blue energy, the last vestiges of its power slowly leeching away. Hundreds of small tadpole-like creatures barely an inch or so across swim about in the pool, feeding upon the remains as well as upon one another, completely uncognizant of their surroundings.

Stacked on shelves along the walls are jars of various sizes holding preserved remains of a number of fish. Dozens of samples that have been deformed horribly, pseudopods bursting from their skin randomly, their eyes the dull silver of the mind flayers and their bodies contorted in pain obvious even for fish. The results of failed experimentations, it would appear, with each jar holding a plaque bearing writings in the same five-lined script that lines the city tunnels. Spaced so casually as to almost seem nothing more than a hobby, a mindless pastime for the thing that once lived here.

Beyond the pool, a hinged portion of the stone wall hangs open. Inside, the Flayer sits on a large stone table, or perhaps an altar, that glows a dull-green. Blood slowly drips from its throat down its robes, and its tentacles and legs still appear missing, but the other wounds they managed to inflict upon it appear to have healed. It glares down at Shawn and Rocket on the ground, but looks up to the new arrivals as they enter the room, eyes narrowing. As they watch, the light from the table pulses, and the wound on its throat seems to slowly stitch itself closed. A bright-silver headband, new since the last encounter, wraps around the flayer's skull, glistening in the table's emerald light.

Rosalyn:
Spoiler:
The flayer sounds irritated, frustrated even, as its voice echoes in Rosalyn's head once more. "You've failed me, I see. Failures must be punished. The removal of something precious, perhaps. Your name? Memories of your family? Slaves without meaningless personalization do tend to be much easier to control. For now, kill the winged one, painfully. And enjoy it." At its command, Rosalyn can't help but start to carry it out; even more unsettlingly, she can't help but enjoy the thought of ending Theller's life, the mental image bringing a slight smile to her face. But she redoubles her will, the horrific nature of the command redoubling her efforts, and uncovering depths of will Rosalyn wasn't even aware she had. It's as if a mental block shatters in her mind, and the flayer's essence is nowhere to be felt. She's entirely in her own control once more.

Also, Rosalyn's base Will save is now Good rather than Poor; at the moment, that's a +3 bonus. I'm going to be reworking fighters in the near future, and this will at least give you something of a boost until then. Seriously why two bad saves for fighters? It is dumb. Also feel free to RP this out however you want; if you want to split from how exactly I described it, that's fine, I just wanted to give you a base to work from.

Combat's started, so we move to combat posting requirements. One post a day or I act for you, and you do not have to wait for everyone ahead of you in initiative to act before posting. Depending on how fast people get their posts in, there might even be more than one round a day (and if you want to describe more than one round in advance as best you can if you can't make one post a day, that's fine too), but I'll try and make sure there's at least that many.

Initiative

Rosalyn: 21
Shawn: 17
Flayer: 16
Human: 12
Florence: 11
Goblin: 9
Theller: 5

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm

"Florence," Theller said, turning his head to her, "can you get into position with me to divide its attentions? I have a plan. Try to draw it away from that altar if at all possible."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Illithid Battle Part 2 - Round 1

"I can try."

Forgot to include these earlier.
Updated city map
Battle Map

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Rosalyn's attention quickly fell on the Flayer as soon as it came into sight. At this point, it was already awake, so warning it of their approach would have been pointless. Of course, she did expect that the Flayer would make her turn on her allies again now, and began to look a bit frantically between her allies, hoping that she would somehow be able to avoid hurting them.

The Flayer's voice inside her mind, though, didn't seem pleased at all. She had realized that it would likely take her failure to deliver the warning out on her, but the punishment it mentioned set a glare in her eyes immediately. To have the memories of her name... her family... taken away...

Then she was told not only to attack an ally, but to kill one, in no uncertain terms. And not only that, but to do it painfully. And worst of all, to enjoy it. As she began to reach for her blade and start to move towards Theller, Rosalyn felt a sense of pleasure and anticipation as an evil grin began to cross her face, even if it existed only because she had been commanded to feel it. However, that same feeling, threatening to overwhelm the last of her true self, was what finally pushed her too far. In that instant, an abject rage welled up from the core of Rosalyn's being, bringing with it a new height of will, enough to smash through the force controlling her, leaving her suddenly free once more.

As soon as she realized what had happened, Rosalyn's gaze left Theller and returned to the Flayer.

"You just went too far," she informed it. Then she looked at Theller again, sans murderous intent. "Looks like I've gotten free now. Let's be keeping it that way."

With that, she readied her bow as she began to quickly make her way towards the edge of the room, attempting to get out of the Flayer's sight, then prepared to take a shot if it emerged from the room it was in.

(Rosalyn draws her bow and moves to L-6, then readies an action to fire the bow at the Mind Flayer if it comes into sight.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:56 am

Theller nodded, and with spear in hand dashed to where he thought he would be able to combine attacks with Florence to the greatest effect and hopefully separate the mind flayer's attentions enough to score a telling blow.

(Double-moving to G6.)

"Shawn, get back!" he called as he neared the cat-shaped girl. "You can't fight it on your own!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

"Can and will!" Shawn says, before grinning wickedly to the flayer and adding quietly. "I'm like nothing you've ever seen before." Then, she jumps to the flayers left, attempting to cause it to turn that direction...Specifically to rebound to the right in an attempt to bite it in the back of a neck, like some sort of prey animal.

(Attempting to feint, then get a sneak..attack...thing.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 1

While Rosalyn readies her vengeance on the mind flayer, Shawn uses every bit of her agility to strike at it. While she seems to succeed at confusing it, it turns at the waist at the last minute, blocking her with its arm; she manages to slash its arm and raise a few small cuts, but she doesn't seem to have caused any real damage.

Enraged by its failure with Rosalyn, its remaining tentacles begin twitching rapidly. It glares at Rosalyn, and she can feel the beginnings of another intrusion grasp her mind, but her newfound force of will gives it no traction. Narrowing its eyes, it turns its attention to the human and nods. He nods back, all emotion falling from his face, and he draws a pair of concealed daggers. "The master's will be done," he says, all trace of humanity now missing from his tone. He stabs at the young goblin with both blades, leaving deep wounds in either side of her torso. She gasps, just managing to stumble free, rage-filled eyes focused on the flayer, but she's not likely to be on her feet for much longer from the look of those wounds.

Rosalyn breaks the dominate, draws her bow and moves from L10 to L6, and readies an action to fire on the flayer.
Shawn moves to from E5 to E4 to E5 to D5 and attempts to feint. She attacks, missing.
The flayer orders the human to stab the goblin, and uses psionic charm on Rosalyn. Rosalyn passes her save.
The human attacks the goblin, hitting twice.
Florence moves from K12 to F7 in a double move.
The goblin moves from L12 to K7.
Theller moves from K11 to G6 in a double move.

Major likely-unexpected situation, so I'm going to give Theller a chance to change his action. If he's fine with the last one, I'll continue on with the end of the round. The rest of the party can feel free to post their next actions too.

Battle Map

Initiative

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 1

Glancing back to the goblin, Florence reluctantly moves up to the door, hoping that someone else can keep the human occupied. The goblin stumbles away from him, moving towards Rosalyn as quickly as she can manage, but the human manages to get one last strike in as she pulls away, sending her unconscious and to the ground. Theller heads up alongside Florence, both taking position near the entrance into the secret room.

Florence moves from K12 to F7 in a double move.
The goblin tries to move away, but the human succeeds in his attack of opportunity and the goblin is knocked out.
Theller moves from K11 to G6 in a double move.

Round 2
Battle Map

Initiative

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Hearing the noise behind her, Rosalyn looked back to see the human suddenly attacking the goblin. Another mind-slave of the Flayer?

As Rosalyn was the only one still left to deal with that, she started back towards them and turned her bow on the human. She knew that the man was in much the same situation that she had been in, so she really didn't want to kill him, but she couldn't leave him to finish off the goblin either, nor could she let him move on to aid the Flayer against the rest of her companions. So, taking aim at him, she fired a shot.

(Rosalyn moves back to L-10 and fires at the human.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:32 am

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 2

Darting back to her original location, Rosalyn draws her bow and fires. Her arrow flies quickly over the unconscious body of the goblin, stabbing into the human's unprotected shoulder. He barely seems to even notice, not even flinching as his attention shifts from the goblin to her. "The masters don't appreciate traitors. He will remember you."

Rosalyn moves from L6 to L10 and attacks the human, hitting for 8 damage.

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 am

Shawn, continuing to focus on the flayer, runs 3/4ths around him, trying again to get him to turn and get a clear shot at his back as he turns to follow her.

(ANother bluff/sneak attack thingy)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:40 am

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 2

Spinning around the flayer, Shawn takes it off-balance and strikes, slashing and clawing at its exposed back faster than it can turn. It hisses as its blood falls onto the altar, evaporating into nothing as it hits the surface. It focuses on Shawn, bombarding her with a blast of mental energy that gives her the brief sensation of her brain on fire. She shakes it off quickly, but it still leaves her head a little achey. The altar pulses its green light again, and some of the injuries just inflicted by Shawn begin to heal; not all of them, though.

On the far side of the room, the human leaps over the goblin and spins as he lands, slashing Rosalyn deeply. He adjusts his grips on his daggers, glaring without emotion into her eyes. Meanwhile, Florence moves into the mind flayer's room, hopping the table and turning to slam the creature in the side of its head. A loud crack issues forth as she hits, the sound of its skull buckling under her force. Though it's still awake and increasingly angry, its newest wound begins to seep. And as Theller readies his own strike, near Rosalyn the goblin's breathing grows more ragged, blood pooling beneath her.

Shawn moves from D5 to E3 and attempts to feint, passing her bluff check. She successfully sneak attacks for 10 damage.
The flayer attacks Shawn with a psionic power. Shawn fails her saving throw and takes 3 damage. It seems to heal from the table.
The human moves from L13 to L11, and attacks Rosalyn. He hits for 9 damage.
Florence moves from F7 to C4 and attacks the flayer, hitting for 8 damage.
The goblin fails her stabilization check and loses 1 hit point.

Battle Map

Initiative

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:40 am

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 2

Holding his spear at the ready, Theller runs in, stabbing it towards the flayer. It passes cleanly through the creature's stomach, tearing through the flayer's body as if it weren't there.

Theller moves from G6 to E4, flanking with Florence. He attacks the flayer and successfully sneak attacks for 12 damage.

Battle Map

Initiative

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Rosalyn let out a gasp of pain as she took a rather bad hit, but otherwise kept herself steady. She had hoped that once she was in close range she would be able to knock the human unconscious with less lethal attacks, but she couldn't be taking too many hits like that one. Reluctantly changing her tactics and hoping that the man would at least be able to find freedom in death if he didn't survive, Rosalyn backed away a few steps and quickly fired two more shots.

(Five foot step to L-9 and firing two more arrows with Rapid Shot.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 3

Carefully backpedalling, Rosalyn keeps her bow trained on the human. With preternatural speed, she draws and fires two arrows into the human's chest. She makes two solid strikes, both arrows stabbing straight into her foe's chest. He's losing blood quickly, but he still stands ready to attack.

Rosalyn takes a five-foot step from L10 to L9 and attacks twice with Rapid Shot, hitting twice for 23 damage.

Theller moves from G6 to E4, flanking with Florence. He attacks the flayer and successfully sneak attacks for 12 damage.

Battle Map

Initiative

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:47 am

Theller watched Florence and the mind flayer carefully, waiting for the opportune time to attack the mind flayer's vital organs, seeking to do so when the mind flayer was most distracted by the woman's attacks.

(Another attack, because the first one went so well!)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 am

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 3

Shawn makes another attempt at feinting the flayer, but this time it watches her closely, and though she makes a hit on the creature, it's not nearly as effective as she'd hoped. Its wounds slightly seal a bit further just before it vanishes. Unlike last time, though, this time it merely appears near the exit of the room, as a bright green light flares up around the periphery of the chamber and its secret alcove, previously-invisible runic inscriptions glowing into view for an instant before vanishing once more.

Still focusing on Rosalyn, the human steps forward after her, slashing twice. She's ready this time, though, and manages to block both with her bow, deflecting the knives neatly. Meanwhile, Florence hops the table again and charges out of the room towards the flayer.

Shawn moves from D5 to E3 and feints, failing. She attacks, hitting for 1 damage.
The flayer seems to heal from the table and uses a psionic power to appear at J12.
The human takes a five-foot step from from L11 to L10 and attacks Florence twice using Power Attack. He misses twice.
Florence moves from C4 to I12 in a double move.

Theller:
Spoiler:
While you can't identify definitively what the effect that briefly appeared was, you're certain it was related to the flayer's miniature teleportation.

Battle Map

Initiative

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:07 am

Theller spun around, looking for the mind flayer, and spotted him not far away. The only thing between Theller and the mind flayer was the disgusting pool in the center of the room, he saw, and if he acted quickly he could continue the fight where the creature was.

Theller cleared the distance from his position to the lip of the pool in a few long-legged bounds, wings unfurling, and leaped across the pool, seeking once again to bring his spear to bear against the mind flayer.

(Assuming Theller succeeds at his jump (and with his +21 to leaping Acrobatics checks, he probably will), he continues on to end his movement in J11. If the mind flayer doesn't move next turn, Theller will five-foot step to regain his flanking position if possible before attacking.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 3

Theller easily leaps the pit, gliding over the water and landing gracefully at the far side.

Battle Map

Initiative

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 pm

After deflecting the attacks, Rosalyn continued her tactic, backpedaling again as she prepared to fire another pair of arrows at her opponent.

(Same deal again, but if the first arrow drops the human, she won't fire the second. If that allows her a move action, she will retrieve a Potion of Cure Light Wounds.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 4

With a final arrow, Rosalyn drops the human; he looks almost grateful as he falls to his side, daggers clattering against the stone. Back in the chamber, Shawn climbs up onto the table, blocking the flayer from returning so long as she stays there. She can feel its energies wrapping around her, and though she has no wounds for it to heal, its magics still manage to calm her, making her feel sedate with everything.

The flayer, floating in mid-air, reaches for the edge of the doorway to the cavern and pulls itself away from the others, now straddling the edge of the barrier they saw so briefly during its last teleportation. Florence moves with it, her fist almost seeming to glow as she slams the creature's stomach, but although it recoils, its robes seem to absorb most of the impact.

Rosalyn takes a five-foot step from L9 to L8 and attacks once, hitting for 11 damage.
Shawn climbs onto the table at D4 and gains fast healing 5.
The flayer reaches for the doorway, pulling itself to J13.
Florence moves from I12 to I13 and attacks, using some ability. She misses.

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 am

As Shawn jumps onto the table, she tenses up for a moment as she feels the tables energy course through her. She eases up and opens her eyes, looking both shocked and pleased. Slowly, she starts to grin. "Yes," she mouths to herself. "This will work."

She sits up straight, as she begins to glow a bright blue-white color...Even her skin seems to be changing color to match. Her hair took the same electric blue color, lengthening some and spreading away from her face a bit. Her eyes matched the color of her hair, as her ears slid back down the side of her head, finding their original location, but maintaining a fine point. Her tail shrank away, as her clothes seemed to melt into her body, leaving her nude, though with a body that lacked any real detail.

She smiled down at Rocket, patting the table next to her and reaching down to help him up, as her body bulked up in mass, leaving her as a very fit looking teenager, made of out lightning. Occasionally, electricity bounced around her body, as she stood and gave Rocket a scratch behind his ears. "You're gonna need to guard this for me, okay? And be good."

She beeped Rocket on the nose, before pulling herself into a cross legged sitting position, waiting for her form to stabilize.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Theller chased down the mind flayer, throwing himself into a roll with his wings splayed to keep himself hopefully out of reach of the flayer's defenses before leaping to his feat for another spear thrust, again seeking a weak spot with the help of Florence's advantageous position.

(Tumbling to K13 and sneak attacking the mind flayer again while flanking with Florence.)

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:12 pm

After giving her transformation a moment to stabilize, Shawn stands, and transforms again, this time into a crackling streak of lightning. She jumps clear over the pond, landing not far from the flayer and reforming with her hands on her hips. "I have GOT to get me one of those." She shifts, and flexes her arms over her head. "Try not to be too shocked by my current form, your table there got me all charged up. Not to say I don't enjoy it."

She then walked towards the Flayer, confidant in her ability to stop it now. ...Not that she wasn't before.

(Moving to J12)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 4

Stabbing upwards towards the flayer's throat, Theller finds his spear smacked away, sliding just an inch past its head.

Theller moves from J11 to K13 and attacks, missing.

Round 5

Dashing for the goblin, Rosalyn pours her potion down its mouth, and its magics quickly take hold. Her skin quickly regains tone, and her breathing becomes more regular as her twin stab wounds begin to seal up. She soon comes around, struggling to sit up.

Meanwhile, Shawn, energized by the power of the healing altar, forces through the suppressive effects of the Spire and transforms. Rocket stares at her, tilting his head, but he takes a seat on the altar, enjoying the feeling. Shawn zaps herself near the flayer's side, while Florence stares, entirely unsure how to take this. "...Shawn? What happened? What did...what?"

Ignoring Shawn's transformation beyond a glance, the flayer grips the side of the cavern, concentrating. Energy similar to that of the table begins appearing around its form, concentrating around its wounds. The light draws Florence's attention, and she scowls at the flayer, once more slamming her fist into its chest. Almost as if predicting her attack, it grabs her wrist and pulls away from the strike, and her power is again wasted.

The goblin steadies herself, staring at the corpse of the human before looking to Rosalyn, sparing the flayer only the slightest glance as she notices the others about ready to finish him. She winces at the wounds still not yet entirely healed, before staring into her eyes. "Make it painful for that...thing."

Rosalyn uses a potion of cure light wounds on the goblin, healing it for 11 damage. (3/13)
Shawn moves from D4 to J12 in a double move.
The flayer begins manifesting an augmented body adjustment. (9 pp)
Florence attacks, using Stunning Fist. She misses. (3+8=11<15)
The goblin does nothing.

Battle Map

Initiative

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm

"Watt do you think? Pretty cool, huh?" Shawn poses again, before trying to strike with her 'bare' hands at the flayer. "It's like I've been plugged into a storm. And I think it sparked a growth spurt."

(Attacking!)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Annoyed at having his spear thrust rebuffed, Theller again put his weight behind him and made another attempt, hoping to offset the flayer's healing with a new wound.

(Another sneak attack!)

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 pm

As the goblin stared at the human, Rosalyn glanced that way as well, unable to keep from feeling guilty. There was still work to be done, though, so she didn't dwell on it now. To the goblin's request, she gave a simple, solemn nod as she turned her bow to the Flayer, took aim, and let two more arrows fly its way.

(Rapid Shot at the Mind Flayer.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Outlands - Tunnels
Round 5-6

Theller, Rosalyn, and Shawn attack almost as one, tearing into the flayer with skill. Its energies soon fade, and its body goes limp under their assault. Whatever mental powers were keeping it afloat end without fanfare, sending the creature to the ground. A silver headband falls from its head, rolling along the ground and clattering to a stop, and the flayer lies motionless on the ground.

The goblin is the first to speak, struggling to her feet as she approaches the thing. "Is it dead?"

All three characters' actions succeed, for a total of 25 damage.

Combat has ended! 800 XP apiece for each character involved.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Shawn stands, putting her hands on her hips. "Okay, now put the old guy on the table; he'll be better in no time."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Theller withdrew his spear from the flayer's slumped form and wiped the ichor from the weapon on the corpse's robes. He breathed a sigh of relief, then, hearing Shawn's words, bent to help lift the man.

Of course, it was then that Theller noticed Shawn's new form properly. He took a step back, raising his spear defensively before stopping. "Shawn...?" he wondered. "What happened?"

He didn't wait for an answer before he stooped again to hook his arms under the man's body.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs