The Planewalkers' Other Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: The Planewalkers' Other Journies

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Plane of Smoke - Teardrop Vessel
Round 2

Putting some distance between herself and the flaming wall, Rosalyn lets another arrow fly, drawing bubbling, bright-red blood from an arm. Theller fires a bolt at nearly the same time, making another nick, and the efreeti proves motionless, barely twitching as he fights off Trivale's attack, his flaming scourge slipping from his grasp and floating in the air besides him.

Round 2
Rosalyn moves to J2 and attacks the efreet; she hits for 13 damage.
Theller reloads again and makes a ranged sneak attack against the efreet, hitting for 2 damage and 4 sneak attack damage.
The efreeti does nothing.

Party Status
Garick: 45/51
Goblin: 25/28
Rosalyn: 27/34
Theller: 37/37
Trivale: 39/46, 9/17 PP

Battlemap

Initiative
Rosalyn: 21
Theller: 17
Efreeti: 16
Garick: 13
Trivale: 8
Goblin: 5

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Garick notices the Efreet's motions seizing up, and looked to his right, seeing Trivale with a sword in his hand. Garick takes the opportunity to slip past the genie into a flanking position with Trivale, above the genie, and presses the attack. He brings his hammer down on the djinn's head, trusting Trivale to help keep the thing's attention divided.

(Moving to i7, 15' off the ground, into flanking position with Trivale, then attacking with his warhammer, using Power Attack.)

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:40 pm

While the Efreet is busy handling Garick's assault, Trivale looks for a good moment to catch the genie unaware before lashing out with what he hopes to be a devastating strike.

(Mmm. Delicious sneak attacks. Spending 2 PP to up his Sneak Attack bonus to +2d6, then attacking)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Round 2

Garick pushes upwards, and he and Trivale both strike out against their fiery foe just as he begins to shake off the effects of Trivale's last strike. It's impossible to tell which scores the killing blow, for soon after both weapons make contact, the efreeti's form burns to cinders, leaving naught but a wisp of smoke in its place. The raptorans and dwarves both float quietly for now, still shocked by the conflict that was over so quickly, as the goblin falls away from the still-burning wall, the captives in the chamber now aware enough to begin doing similar themselves.

It's the goblin that first breaks the silence, grabbing Rosalyn into a tight hug, her bow left floating besides her. "We did it! Right? That's...he was all?"

Round 2
Garick moves to I7 +10', and attacks with Power Attack; he hits for 15 damage.
Trivale triggers Additional Sneak Attack and attacks; he hits for 6 points of damage and 4 points of sneak attack damage. The efreeti is defeated.

1200 XP for all! And even though combat's over I'm not wasting this battlemap. (Yes, each level is a different set of raptorans)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Garick laughed as his strike hit home, watching as the genie disappeared into ash. He swung his weapons through the air a little bit, saying, "Oh I hope not! I"m ready to take some more of these guys out!" He glanced around the room, eye searching for someone else to fight, but finding no one else, he put away his weapons and inhaled deeply, working past the adrenaline coursing through his blood. A familiar weariness washed over him, but the weightlessness of the environment made it easier to take it easy as he came down off the battle high.

(Ending Rage.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 am

Cautiously, while the raptorans relax their tension with the death of their slavemaster, one of the dwarves drifts forward towards the party, arms spread and hands empty. He speaks cautiously, his voice tinged by a crackle like that of a flickering flame. "Thank you, friends. I and mine owe you well. And my kin and theirs outside, have they been freed yet from the kacp*?"

*: imagine something like the pop of a fire.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Okay, to finally wrap things up, since things are slowing up some again, here's what I'm going to do. For this, I'll turn the narrative reins over to you all. Just write me a paragraph or two on how you all are finishing up, and if it's awesome enough, it'll work :D

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Whoops, forgot to announce it here; closed things up here, and if people want to do write-ups later, that'll still be an option. Go here.

Previous

Return to Other RPs