The Planewalkers' Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

The Planewalkers' Journies

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:47 am

Infinite Staircase - Planewalker's Guild Headquarters

A new day opens at the home of the Planewalker's Guild; as much as a new day ever opens in a realm without a sun. The current timekeeper of the Guild circles the edge, lighting the belissan torches as is done every morning. The everpresent fog of the Staircase begins to fade as the headquarters begins to glow with light. Activity within the shanty town begins to grow (though it never truly stops entirely, of course), and the folks that pay attention to such things begin to awaken. Scents of cooking begin to waft through the tents, and the clatter of armor begins to echo as folks suit up. Those few merchants and "tavern" keepers that keep shop here light their own beacons as they open for business, propping their canopies' entrances.

The six allies, of course, are no different. For those that bothered to sleep, it slowly leaves them as the headquarters grows active. Those that have their own tents rise to the familiar site of their "home", while those without see the bustling about of the members and visitors as they lie in their bedrolls, in one of the areas kept clear for such. People preparing food, cleaning up trash, tending the ivy growths that give this area at least a slight bit of natural color. A few priests heading to the barrels to replenish the day's water supplies, the guild's half-dozen scouts sent out to scour the surrounding area for lost or injured travelers, even a scant few children playing. And, of course, members gearing up and ready to leave on their next trips.

And though a good number of Planewalkers are already heading out, the yet-unnamed group of six still doesn't have a destination themselves. Of course, they did only form up yesterday, and there's plenty of opportunity to find something here. Job postings, rumors, requests from other members, or even simply personal interest. Plenty of opportunities for the sixsome, and plenty of time as well.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:02 am

The 'day' finds a certain red headed girl sitting cross legged outside her tent, her bedroll wrapped around her like a blanket. For a girl of about ten, some may be surprised that she's drinking something warm from a mug- Though many would likely assume it's cocoa. She glances at the other children, almost bitterly, while reaching into a pack at her side, pulling out a chewy candy and popping it in her mouth.

She begins taking another sip, as her arm seems to jerk, spilling some of the hot beverage on her bedroll. She sighs and begins cleaning it up, muttering to herself how it's too early in the morning for this shit.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 am

Lorraine still lays in bed, soundly asleep. She had fought so far to keep a room to herself so far, insisting on her privacy when sleeping. Her room is covered in all many of strange knick knacks: Thin, ratty tapestries on the walls, a dream catcher hanging over the bed, shiny but relatively worthless colorful stones in seemingly random locations about the room, multiple hanging wooden pendants, as well as several identical symbols drawn on paper and posted onto the walls and doors. The room also bears some more common looking things one might associate with a mercenary adventurer: Large sword, leather armor, a small book shelf lined with books in multiple languages, a hawk standing on a metal perch, a desk covered in pouches and jars filed with odd substances, a few low quality arcane artifacts that might have had some power to them when her grandfather was in diapers, and her money bag. The floor is littered with clothes, and somewhere under it all the floor ends and her mattress begins. It was messy, but very comfortable.

Lorraine herself was, by contrast, very clean looking. She could pass for a very large, animated china doll if not for the ridiculousness of the idea. She would sleep well into mid-morning, if allowed to, but such was not to be the case today. A sharp poke on her neck and a mental nudging from her familiar pulled her, fghting all the way, to wakefulness. Sadly for Lorraine, Hawks do not sleep 'til mid-morning, and they enjoy eating much as any other animal does. She rose groggily, and smiled patiently. She speaks softly, in a sort of scratchy mezzo-soprano:

"Mm. Morning, Aaron. I'll get dressed... Just be patient, baby."

She stroked the hawk's neck affectionately, and mentally bade him return to his perch. A few minutes later, she collected herself and took Aaron to find some breakfast for the pair of them.

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 am

Zant had been up since dawn, but had chosen to remain in his quarters, taking the time before the day truly began to pore over a set of scrolls. Parchment was still somewhat of an oddity to him, and he found himself more interested with the texture of the material than the supposed wisdom contained on the sheets. He kept catching and reminding himself that if the mighty Istishia had seen fit to grant him powers then the least he could do was learn the deity's dogma properly.

He just wished it wasn't so dull.

He rolled up his reading material and carefully stowed it away. There would be time for learning later. For now he had fellow Planewalkers to acquaint himself with and "ride" to find. He smiled to himself as he left his room, leaving his restrictive armour behind for now. The local slang was odd, but there was something endearing about it. At least when someone wasn't telling him to pike off.

Geesi
I fix problems.
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Unread postby Geesi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Gulrd is already up and about, entirely comfortable with waking to a lot of artificial light. Weaving between tents and bedrolls with something less than practiced ease, he nonetheless takes every step cautiously as though the terrain were unstable. Of course, rolling down a stray flight of stairs in his sleep is one of the man's fears in this place, so it isn't wholly unreasonable.

The object of his search is a half torn apart bedroll in a higher region of the Stairway. Seeming abandoned at first, its owner soon shows herself in the form of a large white and brown owl. Having previously come up empty in his inquiries about a "Plane of Mice," he quickly gets into an argument with a passing trader. Apparently it's an affront for familiar-grade animals to be hunted by someone's pet, 'because she likes food on the run."

The question of 'what kind of spellslinger would buy a crate of rats' is one of those things probably better left unasked.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Shawn

Shawn drinks her beverage fairly alone, as children run past. One or two glance to her, about to invite her to come along before her expression quickly sends them scurrying off. She sips quietly, the area quickly warming from the torches and activity, and before long, she feels a hand on her shoulder; a familiar one, and one she doesn't seem to be able to get away from for long. A human woman kneels down, not quite at middle age yet, but getting there. Florence, if she remembers correctly.

"Hey, good morning. How're you feeling today? Sleep well, I hope?"


Lorraine and Zant

The folks on cooking duty today seem to be preparing a fairly tasty breakfast, one which quickly draws Lorraine. The nearest chef looks up from his fire, smiling to her; a new fellow to her, not someone she's yet met here. Human, from the look of it, continuing to stir one pot as he talks, flicking his glance to a nearby pan every so often.

"Ah, morning! Looking for some breakfast, you two? Haven't seen you around before; if you're new, it's cook to order here. Not too much fancy here this morning, got oatmeal, eggs, ham, and there's some coffee brewing around here somewhere. Or you can find a free spot and do your own cooking, if you'd rather."

Meanwhile, Zant heads out, getting a few waves and friendly nods as he passes by, some folks he's met already, some new. Soon, the hustle and bustle of the day's activity leads him over to the center of cooking himself. Some folks sit around waiting on food chatting, some pass the time reading or sketching, others look to be starting their own small fire pits off to the side. It doesn't take him long to pick Lorraine out of this crowd, just as the cook finishes up his rundown.


Gulrd

The offended trader hurries off quickly, throwing a scowl to Gulrd before returning to his tent in the "bazaar", leaving behind the druid and his hungry owl on the stairs. Some people just don't understand the needs of a growing bird of prey, it seems.

Snowblind takes up a perch on Gulrd's shoulder, looking around, while an aasimar-looking fellow (the white feathery hair tends to give it away) descends the stairs towards him from his bedroll, glancing off in the direction of the departing merchant. He looks a bit disheveled, hasn't yet cleaned up from a night's sleeping in his clothes from the look of it.

"Heh. Well, he didn't seem too happy. What was that all about?"

NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Vance didn't want to. Hell, he liked that sleep. Much better than that splitting headache and some amazingly painful light sensitivity he's feeling right about now. But given all the noise going on, he couldn't help but wake up to...a rather unfamiliar sight. Where the hell was he again...? Some sort of very unusual infinitely...open...dark space with what looked to be some sort of shantytown built around it, along with a number of lit torches...people cooking, people gearing up, people leaving...it all finally came back to him.

'Ugh...that's right...' went through his hangover-addled mind... 'I'm no longer with the Godless. Not after that day...' The large man shook his head before sitting up in his bedroll, and squinting, before placing a hand to his forehead, groaning. Things had been very hectic and confusing for him as of recent...even moreso after he had just joined this guild. He would've laughed at the prospect before...but there's some perks to getting to go around like this...

'...now if only I'd stop taking those stupid drinking bets...'

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Vance

Things are certainly rough for Vance this morning. First thing after he wakes, and he's faced with an utter barrage. All this sensing is just making his head throb. You'd think people would be more considerate, with their sights and sounds, smells and tastes...

Wait, no, the taste part is him. Or the lack of it, at least; he's got a morning bout of dry mouth thanks to the night's revels, but that seems to be about all he's tasting, thankfully for him. Still, though, not all of this sensory torture is horrible...he gets the definite scent of coffee, wafting up from the breakfasters. If that doesn't drive off this headache, at least it might get rid of this grogginess.

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:52 pm

"Morning, friend." the gensai said, squatting down next to Loraine. "I trust you slept well?"

He ordered himself some oatmeal from the chef before continuing.

"I don't suppose you'd know what sort of "ride" our group will be going on? We're supposed to find our own employment usually, am I right?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:10 am

"Oh..Um..Ah...Good morning, Florence." Shawn stammers, finishing off the last of her beverage. "It was a little cold, but not too bad..." she continues. She really hated being fake polite to people, but Florence really wasn't a bad person..

...Just a little less trusting than others.

"..Um..What are you up to today?"

Geesi
I fix problems.
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Unread postby Geesi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:08 am

"S'nothing, really," Gulrd says crossly, stroking his bird's beak, "good gal, but she's got her nature. So when yonder merchant talks up his healthy, lively rodent-fare with no hint of disease, I say hey! One more day where I don't wake up and find some kid's beloved bunny rabbit has disappeared and know who the culprit is." He grins and takes a swig from a hip flask. "Never met a man who says 'love these rats like my own children' before. Guess it should say something."

"But enough about me," he continues without skipping a beat. "What's your danger, stranger?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 am

Shawn

Florence sits down next to Shawn as she talks, watching the other kids as they mostly avoid her. Her hair, reaching down to the shoulder blades, is simply tied back and braided, without much effort made to handle it beyond that. She has a slight frown as she starts to speak up, but she pushes it off and gives Shawn a friendly smile while she talks, her green eyes glinting a bit in the light.

"Oh, not much. I just got up, myself. You hungry? Breakfast is starting up if you are, and it'd probably be good for you to have something a little more substantial than just that."


Gulrd

Holding out a hand, he chuckles again at the antics of this interesting fellow. His clothing, though wrinkled, looks to be fairly high-class; embroidered, even, with strands of gold woven through the hems, cuffs, and collars. Going barefoot at the moment, he brushes his free hand through his hair, trying to put it into a semblance of order as he speaks.

"Vaythen, I'd be. Just trying to put off packing up as long as I can. It's always the worst part about heading out, I've always thought. And you? That's a beautiful bird there, I don't think I've ever seen an owl with that sort of coloration before. You two have names?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:19 am

"Um.."

She hadn't really been hungry in awhile.

"...Yeah, I think I'm a little hungry."

But what the heck? She shifted her weight, hiding the discarded paper candy wrapper under her bedroll (Hoping Florence didn't see, of course), before standing, stretching her arms over her head.

"Oh, one thing."

She stepped back into her tent for a moment, before stepping back out, her almost omnipresent aviator's goggles resting on her head, though lacking the rest of her 'armor.'

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 am

Guild Kitchen

As Shawn stands, Florence's glance flicks down to the bedroll. If she sees the wrapper, though, she doesn't say anything. And once Shawn comes back out, she gives her another smile.

"All right, then. I could use a bit of food myself, and it smells pretty good to me already. Let's go see what they've got this morning, hmm?"

Getting to her feet, she tries to take Shawn's hand as she takes her over to the "kitchen". Shawn gets more than a few looks from various members as she walks through the crowd; some pitying, some irritated (mostly the parents in the Guild, those), and a few trying to put on a friendly face like Florence, though hardly stepping forward for Shawn as much as her.

The trip takes her over to the campfire where Lorraine and Zant wait already, and the cook looks over to the two of them, sounding too cheerful for this early in the day.

"Good morning! We've got oatmeal, eggs, and ham today. Go ahead and order now, but you'll have to wait behind her before you get it," he says, gesturing to Lorraine.

Florence glances down to her young companion, rubbing her shoulder. "You can order first, all right, Shawn?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 am

Shawn tried her best not to sneer when Florence took her hand, although she stopped even noticing it had been taken at all as she glanced at all the parents giving her looks. She glanced at her feet while they walked the rest of the way, thinking about how unfair it was for them to judge her that way, before putting it out of her mind completely.

The chef got her attention once again, though, at the mention of ham. Shawn wasn't a big fan of eggs, because she had a basic idea of what went into them. But ham..

She smiled a little bit, looking up at Florence (Mostly for effect), then to the Chef.

"I want ham."

She paused a minute, as if realizing she forgot something, then quickly looking back to the chef.

"I mean, um..I want ham, please."

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:05 am

Lorraine offers Zant a kind smile, and cheer drips from everything she says as she replies:

"I slept very well, thanks. And... I don't really know, now that you mention it. I've never really done this before."

She turns to the chef.

"Eggs and ham, and a cup of coffee, if you would."

NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 am

"Ugh...screw this..." Vance muttered as he suited up. It didn't matter to him; he may not be the brightest, but he knew better than to leave his gear unattended in this 'crossroads'. If what he's heard about this place is correct, it would be easy enough for a common thief to make a getaway and never be seen again; which he wouldn't mind, except for the fact that the stuff would likewise also never be seen again. And some of that stuff is good.

After taking the however so many minutes to suit up; armor, clothes, and the rest of his gear--even more frustrating what with the hangover's pain and everything out there making him sense things equally painfully--as hangovers tend to do--Vance finally started his own trip to the kitchen, stumbling and dragging himself the whole way over from the bedroll section of the shanty-town.

'One of these days, I'm getting a damn tent...and something to make sure nobody takes anything from it, at that...'

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 am

Guild Kitchen

The chef nods, still smiling to the four as he cooks.

"If you want some advice, there's usually some word from folks around here. People hearing about job offers they're not interested in taking themselves, rumors that haven't been followed up on yet, that sort of thing. poke around enough and you can probably find something."

His smile widens to a grin as he continues, "Anyway, you all can find a seat somewhere, I think I'll remember your faces. I'll bring your food over once it's ready."

Meanwhile, Vance approaches, and it's not long before through his bleary eyes he spots three of the folks he's so recently made his arrangement with gathered around one of the fires.

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:28 am

Zant cast a glance towards Shawn, offering up a simple "Good morning" as he did, though averted his gaze quickly afterwards, not meaning to stare. He'd been told that the planes could be unusual, but was a child really going to travel with them? He expected that there was more to her that met the eye, but she was still a peculiar sight to him. What caught him off guard was Loraine's professed lack of experience.

"You're new to this as well?" he asked. "That I did not expect."

He then nodded to the chef and thanked him for his advice and began to rise to move off and find a table. He was opening his mouth to invite the others along when he caught sight of Vance. He could practically smell the booze on him from here, though the gensai did his best to hide his disdain.

"Greetings. Would you be interested in joining us for breakfast?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Shawn looked around, trying to find an open table. The chef's advice was all well and good, but the likelyhood of someone giving work to a child was..Not so great. Well, outside of washing dishes or hanging and retreiving drying clothes.

She finally looked at Zant, registering that he said something to her. She sank behind Florence a bit. "G-Good morning."

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Guild Kitchen

Shawn looks about the area, trying to spot a seat. Thankfully, it's early enough that the few scattered tables here are still pretty sparse; plenty of room for the six and Florence to sit together as they arrive.

Meanwhile, Florence gives Zant a small, slightly sad smile as she rubs Shawn's shoulder. "I hope none of you mind if I stick around for now? If Shawn doesn't mind either, that is."

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:52 pm

"I take no offense to your presense. Please, have a seat." he said, taking a seat himself.

"Are you her guardian?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:04 pm

Guild Kitchen

"Guardian? Oh, no. No, I'm just a...friend, is all. Watching out for her while she's here, making sure she's okay. Florence vanYeigh, and you?" She holds out a hand to Zant as she takes her own seat, pulling one next to her out for Shawn.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 pm

"She's NOT my guardian." Shawn grumps as she sits. "I don't HAVE a guardian. I don't need one."

NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Vance looks over, eyes squinting in pain from all of that blasted sensing, to Zant and his invitation. That bloody fire especially...couldn't someone make it not so bright? After all...they have damnable mages to make fires and light and other things to begin with. Obviously there's got to be one to make that thing dimmer...

...but that can wait. Food is now, Vance decided as he nodded in acknowledgement and replied, "Why the hell not. Guys're the only ones around here I know somewhat anyway." Predictably, he went over and then ultimately crashed his fully-armored large self over onto one of the empty seats. Thankfully, said seats were durable enough to handle such force...

...at least he hadn't been wearing full plate; regardless, he did bother to ask; "So, what's the food for today?" to nobody in general...

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:35 pm

"Zant. Just Zant, I'm afraid." he replied to Florence, shaking her hand just about as Vance crashed down, the noise causing him to wince.

"I, ah, believe the cook said there's ham, eggs and oatmeal. My friend."

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:45 pm

Guild Kitchen

Giving a slight jump herself at the sudden clatter, Florence gives her own frown towards Vance, speaking up once Zant does.

"...That's right. Just let the cook know what you want, he'll bring it over once it's ready."

User avatar
Justice Augustus
Administrator
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:28 am

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:11 pm

Lux awoke with a start, jerking back into a sitting position so forcefully that he almost knocked the chair he slept sitting in backwards. Once he had steadied himself he took note that once again tiredness had overcome his efforts to peruse every tome available to him in the guild library, and he had once more fallen asleep with his head on the desk he had come to know as his own personal space. Thankfully this time he had managed to keep his mouth shut while sleeping, drool having the unpleasant affect of not only possibly ruining the text he lay on but it also tended to place him in the bad books of the librarians, and he had no desire to face another temporary ban.

Shaking and patting his tousled hair into something resembling order, he peeled off a scrap of parchment that had become stuck to his cheek and took a look at what tidbit of wisdom it might contain. Recognising his own writing he realised that he had fallen asleep wondering if a state of exhaustion would improve his chance of memorisation. Funny, he didn't remember writing that.

After shoving the scrolls and loose leaves of paper into piles he hurried at the insistence of his stomach to the guild kitchen, dusting his clothes off and reassuring himself that all his possessions were in their correct places by furiously patting all of his pockets, creating a large amount of rustling and chinking noises. It is in this state of hullabaloo that he entered the kitchen, heading straight towards the cook with his head down, muttering something about what he read last night. "Was it turn to the east, or point to the east..." Suddenly realising where he is, and that he is talking to himself, Lux stops abruptly in front of the cook's station and glances at what other patrons are having before turning with a cheery smile to the cook and asking for oatmeal.

Geesi
I fix problems.
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Unread postby Geesi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:55 am

"Gulrd Hyrtust and Snowblind," is the reply, one of the former focusing on not breaking the aasimar's hand as he clasps it firmly. "Don't know yet where we're headed but one's as good as another, right?" Gulrd catches the smell of frying hot, juicy delicious ham. Or maybe just regular ham, but either way his stomach takes over as he tries to track the source by scent alone. One of the better comforts of this place, to be sure. Now if only they had bacon and coffee to go with it...

"You up for breakfast?" he asks, "we can talk on the way about the mystery and wonder and general pleasantry of wherever it is you're going that packing's the worst part."

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:27 am

Lorraine had meant to reply to everyone and take part in the conversation, but things now seemed to be progressing very well without her. She decides that she should simply join them at the table, and wait to be asked for a proper introduction. Until then, sh will stroke Aaron's neck and beak, smilingly pleasantly, silently.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:56 am

Gulrd

"Ah, I appreciate the offer, but I always prefer to eat on the road when I'm heading out. Though I'm always up for some good conversation, so I think I'll join you for that, at least."

The two start for the kitchen, Vaythen keeping the conversation struck as they walk through the landing.

"It's less where I'm going and more heading out at all, really. Been idle too long, time for another trip, I'd think. Lived onthe Mount most of my life, and I'd barely even seen another plane before I'd started. Still so many places I haven't seen." He continues, grinning, "How about you, where'd you be from?"


Guild Kitchen

While Lux gives his order, Lorraine and Zant receive their meals.

"Here you are, enjoy." They smell satisfactory, if not exactly gourmet. For the number of people, though, the quality's nothing to frown on.

While the two of them eat, Florence looks over the gathered group and says, "Well, I've met Zant. How about the rest of you? I'm a little curious to know who Shawn's heading out with."

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:02 am

Shawn had turned, and was trying to sneak another piece of hard candy into her mouth (The lemon kind!), when she heard Florence begin talking again.

...She was heading out today. She had already forgotten. It had been about two weeks scince the...accident, and she was already getting used to being idle.

...Wait a minute, how did Florence know?

She turned back, the candy falling out of her mouth. "How did you know?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:13 am

Guild Kitchen

Giving a small sigh, Florence turns to look at Shawn, glancing at the candy with a look before she speaks up.

"Well, as small as this place is, it's not that easy to keep a secret here. I heard that there was a kid planning to head out with a group soon, and I got the feeling it was you; there aren't that many children that'd want to here. Even fewer that'd be willing to try. I'm not sure how good of an idea it is, but I can't exactly stop you, and at least you won't be alone."

"A slight tone of demanding picks up in her voice as she continues, "And you'll be coming back at some point, right?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:18 am

"..Y-Yes, I'll be coming back." Shawn tries to defend. Something about this woman cowed her to a small degree, probably the fact that she simply couldn't bring herself to be mean to someone who took time out of their day to care for a random orphan kid. "I'm not trying to run away or anything!"

"And I'm not just some kid.." She continued, trying to keep some shred of dignity.

Geesi
I fix problems.
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Unread postby Geesi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am

"Nowhere too special, 'fraid. It's a little fishing town in the plane of ice, but the Mount? Celestia? Paladininia?" Gulrd asks, remembering the neat little diagram someone had once drawn to make a point and glossing over the mention of overzealous, inflexible busybodies, "Hell, friend, what's that like?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:38 am

Gulrd

"Oh, it's a beautiful place. I don't think I've ever heard that name for it, though" He chuckles a bit as he gazes off into the distance. As he walks along, he speaks with a good deal of reverence in his voice for his departed home. "I never reached beyond Lunia, myself, but it was a gorgeous place. The peak stretching above into the clouds on one side, and the Silver Sea stretching all the way to the horizon on the other. The sky always glittered with stars above, and moonlight always shined down. I'd be lying if I said I never missed it there; I try to make it back every few months. But I guess that's home for everyone, eh?"

"The plane of Ice, though? Fascinating, that is. I don't think I've ever met someone from the Inner Planes that didn't have a bit of elemental blood, but you don't look it to me. And a fishing village at that? Come on, you've got to have something good to say about it, it sounds like an interesting place."

Geesi
I fix problems.
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Unread postby Geesi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:26 am

"You'd be surprised," a nod, "lot of perfectly Prime folk up and decide that swamps and deserts and tundra aren't good enough. Pretty place, but it's a deadly pretty. Nothing but your skin and six layers of furs atwixt you and a cold so piercing it'll freeze a lantern flame solid, and nothing but your strength, your tools and a dozen people at your back to keep everybody from turning into the white wolves' next dinner. Everybody who can, walker or no, should try it at least once," his face breaks into a grin, "just make sure to go prepared."

"Probably nothing next to needing magic to not wither to dust," Gulrd adds, recalling one of the less pleasant stories the other Explorers liked to tell, "but it's a place men can survive by skill and courage and not by the wizard at their back."

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42195
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Gulrd

Vaythen gives his own grin, chuckling softly at Gulrd's description. "Ah, my favorite sort of spot. Never did like trying to poke into some of the naturally deadly spots, especially when inhabitants tend to be deadly enough on their own. Haven't yet been to the plane of Ice myself, but I'll have to give it a look someday. Now the Tower of Ice, I've been there. That was an interesting trip, if a bit disappointing. You ever been?"

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:13 pm

When there was once again a lull in the conversation, Lorraine spoke up. While she still sounds like she might have a bit of a pipe habit, the grin on her voice also carries through to her voice.

"My name is Lorraine DiHammermoore, but I never ask anyone to use my last name off paper. It's a bit of a mouthful. And this little pig with wings..."

She stroked Aaron, who was busily about taking as much of Lorraine's ham as possible.

"is Aaron, my familiar. ... Bella should be around here somewhere, too. She's a good horse, but she has a way of going missing when she's grazing."

And with that, it's someone else's turn to talk.

User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:47 pm

Zant smiled at the mention of the bird. He'd suspected that she might be a wizard of sorts, though certainly an odd one to be carrying a sword like that.

"Where do you hail from? I am recently of the Plane of Water myself, and am rather new to all of this."

Next

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank