The Planewalkers' Journies

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: The Planewalkers' Journies

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:57 pm

"We actually came here following word of a plague of apathy, actually, and were wondering if you had any information we could use in hunting down its source." asks Trivale of the assembled githyanki. It was a bit of a long shot to expect these assembled survivors to know much about the plague, especially considering the apparent state of things, but it was more of a clue than they seemed to have at this point. "Considering the welcome we got to this plane, though, perhaps you could tell us more about what's been happening here recently? There's a chance we could be of some help."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Flea stops! And begins hurrying in that direction, shoveling out as much debris as she can. "Don't worry!" she shouts into the rubble, "Flea is here to save you! That's FLEA. F-L-E-A! Write it down!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Salix didn't like having Eloise running off in a place he wasn't sure about the local wildlife... but seeing as it seemed mostly abandoned, he finally relented and let the huge spider do whatever she wanted. At least she'd come if he called for her, he hoped. His concern was dismissed quickly, however, as his attention shifted to the survivors they were meeting.

Trivale seemed to have the most immediate questions at hand, and thus Salix set at work doing the more practical. He tried to avoid meeting the woman's eyes, they were pretty cold.

"I... I um... I'm... a druid, and I thought, maybe..." he fidgeted slightly, feeling the weight of the woman's stare. "If you have any wounds, I could perhaps... see... to them... maybe?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Astral Plane - TorNav'Roc
Lorraine, Salix, and Trivale

"A plague of...apathy?" Mericass glances back to Gaath'lir briefly, before returning his eyes to Trivale. "That might explain..."

Before he can continue, Gaath'lir picks up. "Since the day following the attack, Bvin has been...listless. He's had little interest in much, and has complained of a fog over his mind. We thought it a reaction to the...horrors here, but he was always a solitary sort. I wouldn't have thought him struck so deeply. Is it contagious? Need we worry?"

As they speak, the third member - Tonuin'li, Jen'lig introduced her as - offers Salix the slightest of smiles. "Ah, I hadn't meant to unnerve you, child. I'm simply...surprised to see an outsider that looks so young. We have no wounds right now, but I'm certain we all appreciate it despite. We have only a small number of rejuvenation pods that survived the attack, and none of our number have any skill at healing."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 pm

It doesn't take much time or effort for Flea to gain entry to the barracks. The rubble clears easily enough and the interior of the building on the other side seems mostly intact. It is also occupied! However, these occupants might not be what Flea was expecting when she dashed over to the rescue...

Inside there are eleven Gith standing, all but one of them tightly packed into one corner in the middle of a circle made of silver dust adorned with red candles, standing in military rank and file. They're dressed appropriately as well, nearly identically armored in leather and armed with long swords. Those ten also show evidence have suffered similarly to the corpses outside, fresh blood staining eye sockets and eats and nostrils. Their expressions are blank as they turn to face her too uniformly. The one who doesn't fit in is a Gith wearing a black robe, a confused expression, and sporting twisty, curved tattoos on his temples and a black bi-hawk haircut. Still staring at Flea in bewilderment he asks in a slightly rasping, harsh voice:

"Who are you?"

Lorraine tried to avoid chewing on her lip. She had felt out of her depth here since they had arrived, and while the fight with the sahuagin had relieved that briefly before, the feeling was back in full force now. These people had gone through a lot and now they had come to poke and prod one of their number apparently just after. They didn't seem overly put out by it, though, and making a display of her lack of confidence wasn't going to help anyone. What she had to offer didn't feel very substantial either, though.

"We're not sure... We're learning about this as we go now, and if we can help then we certainly will. Could we see Bvin?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 am

Kongunvir listened to Jen'lig describe the creatures that had butchered her people. He had little experience in the realm of psionics and her answers gave him no insight into how best to fight such monsters. That was annoying, but her disregard for the dead was disturbing. "Different people, different customs" he told himself but it still seemed wrong that they should just be left where they fell, as if their existence had become entirely irrelevant as soon as their lives had been snuffed out.

"They came at the worst time." he mused. "Or maybe they brought the plague with them? Is it possible that the psurlons could do such a thing? What drives them, or is their hatred of humanoids all consuming?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:24 am

Flea's eye twitches once, as they begin to glow brighter with some sort of...Elven fury.

"I told you to WRITE IT DOWN."

With that, she begins putting the rubble back where she found it.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Salix was already hurrying to where the resting comrade was, the one who had fallen sick, but offered Tonuin'li a slight, hopeful smile.

"D...Don't worry. I'm very young, unusual, mother said I was like father, didn't know what she meant until I met him." he took out a small bundle of leaves and withdrew a sheet of them, lighting it on fire with a small set of flint and steel. The smell coming from the burning leaf hinted at cinnamon, but was much more bitter.

"This will drive out the worst if the disease is spread by the usual forms of contagion, or at least make it easier to avoid breathing it in... I think. I know it works well against parasites..." he gave a hopeful little expression and proceeded towards the sick patient.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Kongunvir and Rosalyn

"I suppose they could have. I know little of their machinations or thoughts, they don't often choose to speak." She stops, looking out again over the ruins, before turning back to her guests. "As far as I know, they simply find us even more horrifying than we find them. But if they did bring this plague to TorNav'Roc, I cannot imagine why. Why bring a plague when you plan to wipe out the entire city anyway? What purpose would it serve?"

She resumes her walk. With or without a plague here, the city is dead."

Lorraine, Salix, and Trivale

After a moment's thought, Gaath'lir nods to Lorraine, and barely an instant follows before Salix dashes down the short hall towards Bvin's quarters, on his way passing by a battered silvery pod in the corner, with makeshift bedding strewn within; somewhat incongruous to the surroundings.

But past the pod, Bvin's door hangs open, a small room with a solid wooden desk and a dull light hanging from above. In the corner opposite the desk, the last of the band sits slumped - a male wearing a wellworn white cloth and light-brown pants, his legs curled besides him. Holding a large tome open in his lap, he slowly reads from half-lidded eyes, acknowledging neither Salix nor his incense. His black hair drapes limply across his shoulders, greasy and kinked, and a staff lies on the ground besides him, seemingly dropped and left to lie where it fell.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:24 am

Those last words stayed with him. The city is dead. They took him back to another time and another place. To an oath he'd sworn and one he intended to uphold, no matter how impossible that might seem.

"What will you now?" he asked.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 pm

To neutralize the survivors was one purpose Rosalyn could think of. Or perhaps the threat posed to the Stair by the plague was these Psurlons' intent. If they could travel between planes without it, then removing it would be a blow against the humanoid races they apparently despised so much. Perhaps she should save the speculation for later, though.

It didn't sound like this githyanki could answer very many of the questions she had, but there was one she would try before allowing the subject to change.

"Would you know where these creatures might have come from?" she asked.

She wasn't hoping to charge into their lair, but it might become necessary...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 pm

The robed Gith's expression continues to be nonplussed as Flea quickly blocks up the hole in the wall with rubble that she had just removed a moment before. He makes no move to stop her from sealing the exit. He shakes his head quickly and turns to the rank and file gith in uniform, uttering a harsh syllable as he does. Having done this, he makes his way through a door, soon followed by the injured looking, slack faced gith. Flea could probably still follow him if she liked.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Flea shouts after them! "Hey! You better be going to write it down!"

She begins to follow them. It would be a shame if they spelled her name wrong.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 am

Salix stopped in his tracks and nervously bowed his head to the man before raising his voice.

"Ah...um... h-hello. My name is Sallix... I am a druid, here with some other travellers and... I would like to ask if I may examine you. We are looking for a sickness of the soul, a lethargy, and it seems..." he tried to smile a bit, "it seems you've caught it."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Kongunvir and Rosalyn

"We...haven't decided yet. Our Queen would be unhappy to hear of our cowardice, to say the least, so we cannot return to her. ...Though Gaath'lir has been trying to convince us otherwise, the fool. He would leave us all killed, but we cannot speak out too forcefully against him without additionally risking our own lives. Knights do not appreciate the word 'no'.

"Yet we have nowhere else to go. For now, and until we decide, we remain here."

She glances back briefly to Rosalyn, and frowns, shaking her head. "They are nomadic. They may have retreated somewhere nearby to lick what bare wounds we may have inflicted upon them as best they can, but they have no single home. Those here simply drift about the Astral, they have no spot where they journey out from to act. Still, with how recent the strike was, they are likely not far in any respect." With a quiet chuckle, she adds, "Though if you plan to seek them out, I would advise against it, unless you have great desires to join the other inhabitants of this city."

Lorraine, Trivale, and Salix

Bvin looks up for barely an instant, and with a sigh he gives the smallest of shrugs as he returns to his slow reading. "I feel in fine health. But do what you wish. How need you examine?" Perhaps oddly, he doesn't even question Salix's presence here, despite being absent from the introductions.

Flea

Flea follows close behind the githyanki and his horde of bodies, as he does his best to ignore the girl. Her refusal to leave doesn't seem to have any effect right at first, but he grows increasingly disgruntled as she refuses to leave him a moment's peace. Things seem increasingly likely to come to blows as he turns down between two buildings, before stopping short. Before them, lying on the ground, is a wounded...creature. With a somewhat tubular body and pale pink skin, it almost seems to resemble a massive earthworm at first glance, but the long, bony limbs protruding from each side and the shorter lining its rear section end that comparison quickly. Each limb ends in a shiny, obsidian-like claw with tips that look razor-sharp, and though it has no eyes to be seen, the tip of its body ends in a wide mouth lined in horrid fangs.

Still, it doesn't seem to react to the appearance of the dozen new figures standing before it. Lying on its side, it breathes slowly as a light-green fluid seeps from a thin slash on one side. Hardly life-threatening, it would seem, but for a creature as inhuman as this, who could say what sort of biology it possesses?

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:57 am

Rosalyn shrugged.

"Maybe later," she said. "Too tenuous a connection."

If it meant losing her chance to track this particular group of the creatures down, that was unfortunate. But there wasn't time to waste on pursuits that were likely to lead nowhere, so she just hoped the others were having more luck.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 am

"Wow." Flea says, looking at the thing, leaning forward with her hands on her knees. "Humans sure are ugly. Am I right?"

She puts her hand up towards the nearest person. What in the world is she trying to do?

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 am

Kongunvir was quickly losing any respect he had for this githyanki. Her cowardice was sickening.

"So, you hid from battle, abandoning your duty and allowing your kin to be slaughtered. Now you won't even report what transpired to your liege?" He spoke with utter contempt. "Your people are fortunate to have one such as you."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 am

Salix nodded thoughtfully and unslung his backpack, quickly digging through it before he produced a few tools.

"I will merely investigate if there is something about you that is abnormal... although I admit I haven't worked with githyanki patients before. Please follow my instructions and we will be done soon."

And with that, Salix set at work, first putting on a little mask on his face before he began to poke and prod the gith.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 pm

What do I know of healing? Have I ever done it? The gith's complacent... almost mindless look made Trivale wonder for a second if there was anything he could do to help this man. Perhaps in his former life he'd helped the sick? For his part he still wasn't sure, and he spent precious moments trying to recall something, ANYTHING that could help. Nothing came to him in the time it took for Salix to begin working, sadly. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Trivale said after a moment. Maybe this is enough.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:29 pm

"Depends on what I find. You can question him while I work, I am much worse at that." Salix didn't look up as he checked the man for signs of injuries, areas that might indicate poisoning... anything he could find that would hint at this plague being carried by something other than... air, or water. Those alternatives were the worst.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Kongunvir and Rosalyn

Jen'lig nods to Rosalyn, but turns away as Kongunvir starts to talk, clenching her fists and keeping her back to him. With a short sigh and an indiscernible mutter, she relaxes, turning to glare at the dwarf. "Matters are...more complicated than you understand, outsider. I know how I act, I needn't have your reminder."

Turning off, she resumes her march. "We should return. This patrol is finished."

Lorraine, Trivale, and Salix

Salix kneels at Bvin's side, examining him for any sign of physical abnormality over the course of the next half-hour while Trivale speaks. Bvin doesn't seem to mind; he doesn't even seem to care enough to get annoyed at the test. This, however, may hold less true for Salix, as his efforts seem to lead absolutely nowhere. No wounds, (probably) normal breathing and temperature, no areas of soreness or swelling. His eyes seem clear and his ears unobstructed. Salix has never really treated a githyanki before, but every test he can think of seems to fail. Whatever the problems with Bvin, physically there seems to be nothing wrong with him.

This is something of a good sign - if he does have this plague, that must mean it's purely a mental or magical effect. Still...that will make both identifying those suffering from the plague and determining the necessary treatment far more difficult. If it has no physical symptoms, diagnosing it will become much trickier, as Salix has little experience with healing ailments of the mind. And if it is magical, the range of cures could be anything from a simple remove curse enchantment to a metaphorical and representative ritual devoted to countering the specific plague; without research, study, and luck, there's no way to be sure. Salix still can't even be certain he is suffering any ailment at that, but for the githyanki's assurances that Bvin is acting far out of character.

Flea

At Flea's comment, the creature in the alleyway lifts its head - barely - in Flea's direction. She and Agrippa both can hear words echo in their minds, words in their own voices twisted to the being's whims. Flee, grasping ones, before I fill your thought-flesh with the life-fluid you creatures value so highly! A screechy laugh follows the threat, yet it has a sense of...half-halfheartedness to it. And beyond the threat, the creature barely moves, keeping its position on the ground and making for a fairly benign presentation. If it weren't for the utter bizarreness of the thing, that is.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm

"Um...I don't have thought flesh or lifefluid, y'know? You might wanna try again, pinko."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

The Gith with the weird haircut just stared with hate at the creature in front of it while it spoke to them telepathically. He took no notice of Flea's comment. However he didn't waste any time in responding to the pink monstrosity.

"Kill."

The ten gith bodies lurched forward, intent on carrying out the necromancer's command.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:42 pm

The Necromancer receives...A whap to the face with a blank scroll.

"Nyo."

Whap! "Nnnnyo. No killing the pink thing. It's more scared of you than you are of it and if you kill it, it's mom won't take it back!"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

The Zombies did not cease their advance, though Flea did get the Gith's attention. He responded with irritation, but he did keep his voice even as he replied.

"This Psurlon and it's kind came here to kill me and everyone I have ever known. They very nearly succeeded. I am going to kill it, I will kill any others I find, and your being a pest isn't going to stop me."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:13 pm

"Well the metal kid with her underwear on the outside wants it as a pet!"

She then turns to kick one of the zombie's knees out from under them.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Flea kicks out the legs of one of the zombies, but there's still 9 more bearing down on the pink thing, and she won't be able to knee-hit them all before they start digging for brains or whatever it is these zombies will start doing. If she wants to save it, she'll have to think fast; punches probably won't solve this one!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 am

Kongunvir followed in silence, observing the githyanki. Did she feel shame, or had she convinced herself that her cowardice was acceptable? Perhaps matters were more complicated than he knew, though it did nothing to improve his opinion of her.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:42 pm

"This is pointless... I lack the proficiency to determine if his ailment is spiritual or magical... or in his mind. It is quite possible it has not even afflicted him, but this is merely common lethargy and innui... we need samples of known infected to know for sure." He began rubbing his temples in frustration. "perhaps someone who can detect the presence of magic, to at least distinguish if this is a magical curse..."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Flea turns, ears twitching and eyes glowing a particularly bright yellow. "It's him. Or you. Make your choice. Right now. Don't MAKE me get my MOM."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 am

Kongunvir, Rosalyn, and the goblin eventually return to the warehouse with Jen'Lig, though conversation on the way back is far scanter than it had been out. Jen'lig still seems quite on edge from Kongunvir's words; the accusation hit quite close to home for her, that much is obvious. Meanwhile, Flea gets into a brawl with the necromancer, though it doesn't end well for her; the necromancer escaped, the psurlon was killed, and Flea, as is obvious when she too arrives at the warehouse, is in awful shape, her shoulder bearing a blackened scorch mark and jagged shards of metal protruding from her entire body.

Salix, though, continues his investigation, despite little progress. If nothing else, with the help of others he's managed to check into the possibility of a magical curse. Not especially successfully, though, as the Astral itself glows with a very dim magical energy, enough to potentially wash out any weak auras. If nothing else, though, Salix has confirmed that the curse, if magical in nature, can't be very strong.

Of course, there's hardly space for the whole party in this warehouse. Soon after they return together, Tonuin'li and Mericass help them clear out space in an adjacent building, a former residence. Gaath Lir even goes so far as to move a rejuvenation pod into the building for their use, a silvery, egg-shaped chamber that channels natural energies of the Astral in order to allow for natural healing without the flow of time. Though they have no need of food or water while here, they are offered stores of such; from what they say, once you leave the Astral, everything catches up to you. You won't die of hunger, but you will be fairly ravenous if you hadn't eaten. Certainly something good to know now, rather than some days hence after the Stairway's connection has regrown.

Hours pass, with only one new fact to add to their investigation; the psurlon. From what Flea said of it, it seemed to be showing apathy and a lack of motivation to the point that it didn't even try to fight off the zombies. Coincidence, or symptom? Further, the other gith seem shocked to hear of another survivor in the city. Gaath seems to know him personally, and speaks quite ill of him, feeling Flea's actions were the best course to take should he be seen again; the others remain silent.

Still, while physical fatigue doesn't seem to play a role here, mental fatigue does. Even without time, they still have need of rest, it appears. Arrangements to that regard are up to them, but sleep does seem a necessity; though what would be the worst that could happen should they press on without?

We're going to be picking up some hours later, just as some start to feel tired; as said above, though, it's purely mental. Physically they only feel as tired as they were when they stepped into the town, though in their thoughts they can feel that lack of focus and distractability that comes with sleepiness.

The building they were offered is somewhat cramped, but still enough space for all of them. Four rooms in total; main room, small library/study/den, and two bedrooms - one with one bed, the other with two, and the rejuvenation pod in an out-of-the-way corner of the main room. Still furnished and decorated, of course, though the roof's collapsed in places.

In addition to sleeping arrangements, though (for those not willing to try and press on, at least), people should also describe what sort of stuff you were up to over the four hours I'm brooming over. It can just be a short description if you want, but just some sense of what you were up to between then and now.

Salix:
Spoiler:
Tonuin'li continues giving you, as well as the others, odd looks, though she doesn't say or acknowledge it.

Kongunvir:
Spoiler:
Jen'lig seems to be going out of her way to avoid you, and Gaath is giving you oddly-suspicious looks. It isn't progressing any further than that, though.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 am

Kongunvir decided to approach Gaath and clear up any suspicions regarding Jen'lig's behaviour, stating plainly what he'd said to her and how he'd left it at that. If the Gith remained receptive to conversation after that he'd inquire about the man himself, as well as his title and duty. From what the coward had said he was likely the leader of this group or, at the very least, the one who wasn't primarily concerned with saving his own skin.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Lorraine had spent the last four hours sitting against a wall, pouring over her memory and what books she kept with her for any information that might hint at what was or was not wrong with Bvin. Any symptom or random bit of knowledge that might help their cause... but without someone to compare him to she was coming up short and starting to get a headache. She put her books down and rubbed her lower back with both hands.

She looked over as she heard Kongunvir speaking in hushed tones. He seemed like a decent fellow but today was reminding her forcefully of the cultural difference between dwarves and her own people. His attitude wasn't going to help anything... but if it were going to hurt anything it had already, so pestering him about it now was moot. Instead she looked back to Salix and asked in a voice that sounded only slightly less tired than she felt:

"How's it coming?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:28 am

Salix had an almost haunted look about him as he was busying himself reading scrolls and going through his own notes, taking a few seconds to register that Lorraine was talking to him. The young elf gave a surprisingly cynical grunt and handwaved in her direction, still reading.

"Frustratingly bad. There is nothing in any research I know of of this malady, I have found out that the curse isn't very strong, if it is a curse to begin with... but I am reluctant to experiment here where magic is so powerful. The fact that he's still sick suggests that it might not be entirely magical in nature, but I do not know." he drew a deep breath through his nostrils and rubbed between his eyes, "It's frustrating. Annoying."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Flea just stood in the center of the ruined area, regaling anyone nearby with stories of her epic battle.

"And then! And then there was a HORDE of ZOMBIES, and the necromancer was like-" Flea throws her voice as low as it will go...Admittedly, not low as all, "-I hope you brought enough for everyone!', and I was all 'That doesn't even make sense' and then the zombies were like "CON-SEW-MER-IZM" and I was like "Let me give you a HAND" And I punched one of their heads off!"

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Rosalyn's opinion of Jen'lig wasn't as harsh as Kongunvir's by any stretch. She could see his point about leaving others to die, but it didn't look like fighting would have really accomplished anything anyway.

Despite having been raised to defend others, especially those pursuing the work of Fharlanghn, Rosalyn would never have joined a proper military organization largely because she would never have been willing to put her total faith in a leader or cause that could send her marching blindly into a hopeless battle where she would die by the enemy's terms and achieve nothing. She would have saved her own skin if it meant being able to continue protecting her friends and comrades in her own way.

That being said, she didn't know Jen'lig's reasons, nor did she want to argue with Kongunvir. So, she kept her peace.

Once they made it back to their living area, Rosalyn was out of ideas again. The report of the Psurlon was at least something to think about - if they weren't immune to the plague themselves, unleashing it on a settlement before they attacked might not have been the best idea. That was assuming, of course, that its apparent apathy was in fact a result of the plague. And it didn't bar the possibility that the Psurlons had brought the plague in unintentionally.

Seeing no leads to follow for the moment, Rosalyn turned her attention to a different question. Given the nature of this plane, she wondered if she would be able to get the principles of shaping she had learned in Limbo to work here. Of course, she didn't expect immediate success (and wouldn't be surprised if she didn't get anywhere at all). Seeking out some place that would be out of the way and safe from observation, as she hadn't forgotten about the rivalry between the two races of Gith, she settled in to spend a few hours seeing what, if anything, she could do.

Whatever the results, she didn't see any reason not to sleep when the time came, seeing how she wasn't onto anything yet. If enough of the others decided to stay awake, she would take one of the beds. Otherwise, she had her bedroll. She didn't trust the rejuvenation pod enough to sleep in it.

(I suppose that would translate to taking 20 on the Control skill.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 am

The party takes a "night" to themselves in the abandoned building, makeshift curtains helping to at least give the illusion of darkness. They all drift off to sleep sooner or later...and some time later, none are sure exactly how long (not that that even means much here), they start awake. The building is filled with a soft musical humming at first, before a voice splits the silence; Salix, crying out "TRIVALE!" If they weren't awake just yet, they are now.

All right, everyone I asked to hold off on posting, you're free to do so now!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Lorraine sat up from where she'd slept, looking confused. She looked around herself, left to right.

"... Shit."

Well, that had been... maybe not a complete bust, but she didn't understand anything any better than when she'd gone in. Damn. Had it all been real?

"Kongunvir? Hey, you here?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:22 am

"What?" the dwarf replied gruffly. He was awake and, judging from the tone of his voice, in a foul mood.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs