Data missing. Requesting update...

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Coughing as he emerges, Greg's eyes begin watering a bit at the pollution covering the land here. Glancing around in surprise, he takes in the surroundings, wondering as he does what's happened here.

"I'm fine...it's jus'...eh...think I should explain when 's a bi' less public."

Glancing over to the commotion himself, he frowns a bit.

"...Yeah, soun's good."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:46 pm

Kumo shook his head, running full tilt behind the guards...but no further. He turned back around once he was there, all the while trying to shout, "Not secure! Got the civilians out, but there's ten...maybe more shadows! I'll help as much I can, but if things get too rough, everyone should run-there may be even more!"

He was ready for the fight, now that he actually had reinforcements...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Bad things happen (Kyle, End, Mysterious Figure)

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:13 am

(WHAT FOLLOWS is a summarization of a chatlog that Zero and I did; we got about thirty post's worth of material from such >:3 As such this one is extra long. To insure that the resulting post won't be any longer than necessary, the posts for Greg, Kumo, and Jikuro/Assassin will be separate. OK? OK!)

The figure maintained his gaze on Kyle, standing steady. "You think you'll be able to do that, do you? Well... if you really want to put your life up for warrant, it's no concern of mine. All psychics... and all of those who defend them... are all blasphemers..."

He shook his hands as he spoke, with a notable bit of frustration as he did so. Apparently, that hilt crash had disrupted the energy he had formed there. "And all blasphemers must go to hell."

Kyle was making ready to take a stance, but spoke onward anyhow. "Acting on religious beliefs that require the persecution of others of a certain sect is in violation of Doman law. Prepare to be halted."

The figure did not chuckle, but made a motion as if in the process of laughing. "How quaint of you to think that your kingdom's little laws would apply to me."

Kylitos now took a formal stance, completely ready to take on this new and mysterious opponent. "I could say the same of you thinking you'd be met without resistance." He kept his tone steady as he spoke, ready and waiting for any attack that his opponent would potentially throw at him.

In response, the figure slowly began to approach, seemingly having no reason to rush. "Well, it's not as if I've met any as of yet... evading your city's little guard squad hasn't been entirely difficult..."

Not at all rebuffed, Kyle snapped back. "My girlfriend was the best of the best; and I'd like to think some of it rubbed off on me."

The figure tilted its head slightly in response. "Oh... was she a part of the guard, as well?"

Kylitos responded in turn. "At one point. But she's a far better rancher."

As the figure spoke, it moved one hand behind its mask and made several unseen motions that produced a subtle but still disgusting tearing noise! "Good for her. Why don't you take your chance and live in peace with her, then? It'd be a shame for her to lose you, wouldn't it? Not that I can promise that my comrades won't come after you. They seem to be a bit broader in their scope of targets." Its head jerked as the tearing transpired, and as the hand finally came away, it appeared to be holding a mysterious red item of some note. As it did this, it sped up its approach towards Mr. Broadsky.

Kyle swiftly made both a quick visual scan of the situation and an attempt at a plan of attack, but was frustrated. Darn! Can't let my guard down to
get my monocle. I'll just have to strike quick!
With that, Kyle darted forth, striking the figure's arm with enough force to cause it to drop the red item. This item, which had begun to pulse, was revealed to be a bloody chunk of flesh; upon landing on the rooftop, it melted its way through, revealing an apparent acidic nature.

The figure briefly chuckled, taking a step back from the scene. It did not appear to be bothered by its disarmament in the least.

Kyle paused, slightly curious as to what was going on. "What?"

As the figure spoke now, some of the blood that had apparently splattered on one of his gloves (!) began to emnate some sort of red light. "Tell me something... You've already died once. Is that correct?"

Kyle maintained his position for the moment. "Yes."

The emnation began to build up and around the figure, steadily increasing in visual intensity. "Let me guess... it involved Infinity, correct?"

Kyle took this as a threat and began to close in, finally. "...Yes. Do you work for them?"

The figure prepared itself, continuing to chatter. "All of us were hired by some agent of theirs... Someone who had an odd resemblance to your friend there, in fact..." As he moved to indicate the fallen Reshiki, he noted that the Moogle had apparently disappeared! "Hmm?"

It was so that a Death from Above attack occurred, involving End coming down onto the bastard's back via an apparent Jump and making with painful back stabbing with his handy lance. The figure screamed in surprise as End made to dig the point in even deeper. The Moogle was, naturally, quick to take advantage of this situation. "Kyle, get him! These guys are always left open during their monologues!"

Kyle wasted no time mincing words; he unleashed a Zero Strike on the figure, calmly taking a stance again after the attack had been inflicted, and the figure had doubled over in pain. "Remember End, leave him alive!"

End waved a paw rather calmly. "Would never kill anyone, Kyle! 'd make Enlil unhappy, to say the least!" He had paused in his stabbing, and the figure was now bleeding somewhat heavily onto the rooftop.

Its fury seemed to build in its red aura, as it screamed out a "Damn you!" and made to swipe at the Moogle on his back. End jumped back from the attack and made to limber up for another charge on this new enemy. "That was a rather cheap attack you made there, buddy. ... not sure why it did what it did, but I ain't gonna stand for it."

Kyle interjected, leaving the rest of this physical duel for End. "Knock him out and I should be able to take things from there." In response, the Moogle gave a thumb's up and a "No problem, Kyle!"

The figure paused, clenching a fist as it did so, and making to shake said fist at the Moogle in front of him! "You... you fool... you don't even know your own composition, do you?" End gaped slightly in response. "My wha?"

"Your armor... your lance... your own 'physical' form..." It waved its hands, as if attempting to bring out some nugget of knowledge from the Moogle's mind. Nothing was forthcoming, apparently, as End simply responded with a "... yeah?"

The figure harrumphed and took a stance, still maintaing that energy from before. "... idiot. Very well, then... If you want to pay me back so much, do so..." It seemed to be inviting End in for an attack, and Kyle looked on somewhat curiously.

It was so that End swiftly Jumped, coming down onto the figure much like a wall of bricks equipped with a pointy stick would. However, the figure took this advantage to seize the Moogle, who was quite frankly caught off guard by this new development. "What the...?!"

Kyle quickly made ready for the attackings again. "Let go of him.."

The figure gave a silent chuckle, still holding onto the Moogloid. "Allow me to elaborate what I was saying... and do not worry, I intended to drop him..." Following this, the figure did indeed drop End. Or, rather, throw End into the air with a single hand with the apparent intent to have him fall. Unfortunately, the figure's other hand came into fray, striking End directly on the armor and almost instantaneously causing it to explode in a shower of metallic debris and energy! End gave off a very strong yelp of pain as he went crashing down.

He attempted to bring himself up as soon as he landed, but found that he couldn't. "What... what the hell..."

"Idiot. You do remember that your own armor and lance are bonded to you spiritually, do you not? Did either of you bother to listen what I was saying earlier?" The figure threw its hands into the air, apparently dismayed by this ignorance around him.

Kyle brushed off this point, betraying a very annoyed look as he did so. "Every weekend I would polish that armor and lance... You've gone and made me angry."

End attempted to respond with a "D... don't worry, Kyle... we can..." but was interrupted by the sheer pain that he was apparently experiencing, and lapsed into silence as he continued to attempt to stand. The figure, meanwhile, simply seemed to make another invisible chuckle as it spoke in turn. "I think you have more to worry about than that. One more blow should do him, then..."

Kyle did not bother to continue the discussion, however; he made instead with an Ace Impale, catching the figure off guard with this brutal blow. The figure shook and groaned in response, seizing Kyle by the arms as it did so. Perhaps he had intended to repeat this attack on Kyle. However, this attempt more or less failed... the attack delivered a slight burning pain and little else.

"... you... you're not human? ... if you were human... that attack would have worked on you... haha..." The figure seemed almost pleased with this apparent twist in the plot... Kyle was considerably less pleased, choosing to hilt crash the masked man again in favor of continuing the chat. The figure jerked violently in response, and ultimately seemed to collapse.

Now that the immediate threat was out of the way, Kyle turned his attention to his buddy, Endopholes, who was still attempting to stand and failing at it. He was also coughing up a bit of blood, in a lovely turn of events. "... I... I'm sorry... I shoulda been able to take him... .... didn't... expect him to do somethin' like that..."

As Kyle's focus was on End, he did not notice the mysterious blood of sorts beginning to drip from under the mystery figure's mask... some of it landing on the figure's form. Kylitos, instead, had opted to begin to cast a Curo 2 on End, shrugging off the former's lines with a "Don't worry about it."

End rubbed the spot on his chest where the attack had initially struck, and paused for a moment as Curo 2 washed over... but then continued, as if nothing much had changed. "... d... damn... thought that'd take care of it..."

The figure now began to glow, as an apparent result of the blood continuing to fall. Kylitos noticed this much, and turned to the still downed opponent. "Hn. Hold on." It was then that the figure jumped up, taking a stance and still attempting to cut a mean stance despite being full of holes and bleeding all over the place. "If you aren't human..."

Kyle flatly responded, a bit tired of having to deal with this guy. "Give up. We'll not kill you; just give up."

The figure waved this off, maintaining its stance. "I'm afraid there's no room for surrender... Come on, then." Its red energy began to build around it quite strongly, possibly in preparation for yet another phase of the battle. Kyle continued to attempt to play the part of peaceful negotiator, refusing to launch into battle just yet. "You may be that close minded; but I'm not. Let me help you."

The figure began to approach as it responded in a slightly more manic tone than before; "Yes, help me through the pain of agony, the pain of misery, the pain of suffering! Let my own hatred wax stronger as you inflict more punishment upon me..." leaving Kyle to, quite naturally, respond with a single line: "Now that's just not right at all."

"Don't get the wrong idea", the figure interjected, continuing his approach. "I gain hatred of psychics and those who defend them from this process. I do not gain anything else."

"Why psychics?" from Kyle.

"Why indeed," responded his wily opponent. "Perhaps if you bring me down, I'll tell you." With that, it raised its hands in potential preparation or an attack, with Kylitos apparently taking a defensive stance of some sort. However, the figure swiftly broke this off and instead launched a hand towards the still downed Moogle, firing off a wave of red energy.

Kyle moved swiftly to intercept, and found himself being victimized by the blast. The breath was driven out of his body as the sheer impact of a brick wall to the entire body could be felt. His flesh had also inherited a bizarre tingling sensation - perhaps hinting at a slightly more sinister purpose to the red wave attack? He staggered tremendously in response, but was still standing.

"K... kyle! You okay?!" End, obviously concerned for his friend, made to get up and join him but was still downed, to his chagrin. Kyle looked to the Moogle and nodded, keeping his tone steady despite the lingering pain, "So long as you are."

Meanwhile, the figure made a clapping motion, apparently pleased in some sense by this sequence of events. "Good of you to save him. That last attack would, most likely, have wiped him off the face of the planet. Wouldn't want him to die, would we? Celestials who die can certainly be difficult to ressurect..." Kylitos, potentially aggravated by this point, responded only with a Skydover punch to the jerk's jaw, sending him right off the rooftop to the ground below.

End began to speak again as apparent peace settled upon the situation... "Kyle... listen, if it gets too rough... you gotta get outta here... E... even if I do live on, I don't wanna think I... I'd be the cause a' your death..." Kyle turned to the Moogloid once again, not yet surrendering his stance... he wasn't sure if the guy was really down this time or not. "You should beat it. Get to the ranch; there's some curatives in my upstairs study. I'll handle it from here."

End's continued attempts to stand had apparently gone unnoticed by Kyle; even now, he continued to do such. "I... I would but I can't move just yet... Whatever that... guy did, it... it... agh..."

Kyle moved to help the Moogle up, who took his hand and leaned on him for some support, shuddering from some ungodly amount of pain but still up and at 'em. It was at this time, then, that the roof began to shake... and cracked into several pieces right around the duo. The two stumbled briefly as Kyle's buddy rose once again, landing just before the two.

Kyle, still aching from before and quite annoyed by this perpetuated conflict, mused to himself. I hate this.

The figure shook, and began to speak in a considerably more manic tone than before... "I have so much to thank you for... you've driven me to the brink of physical pain and exhaustion... You've given me so much hatred! Let me return it to you!" With that, the figure slammed its hands into the roof and somehow tore at it, ultimately having generated a psychic stormcloud of debris. Said stormcloud flew in a hailstorm at the two as Kyle seized hold of End and hopped off the rooftop to the ground below.

The fencer pondered about the girl that had dragged him out here and the man she had been with; where were they, and why weren't they helping?! A quick glance revealed that they had disappeared from the scene... curious...

No guards were around, either, simply going to show that there was no easy escape from the situation for the duo. End made with the thinking, and spat out a "U... urgh... hold up, Kyle! L... lemme do somethin' real quick..." Kylitos halted, looking to the Moogle. "Sure thing."

End made the motions and went to transform into his larger dragon form, still shuddering from the pain but seemingly trying to push past it. "I... it hurts, but I... I still gotta help us get t-to safety. Climb on...!" Kyle hopped on, and End took off, pushing his wings to flap as quickly as possible away from the scene. The figure below regarded the scene, apparently not bothered by the ongoing escape. "Do you think you'll be able to escape so easily?"

End's flight meandered a bit here and there, and he spoke after a few further moments had passed. "K-kyle, you gotta guide me back towards where your... your place is. I can't remember..." Kyle nodded, and pointed east with his rapier. "Head east!" A red blast from below whizzed by, close enough to singe the fencer's hair, but not enough to collide and harm him further. ".... y... you okay?" End asked as he turned to fly eastward, a bit unsteadily.

"Yeah, just go!" Kyle had bigger concerns on his mind than burnt hairs; these concerns were confirmed as more blasts filled the air, some coming to hit the two. One struck End dead-on, causing him to scream out in pain but continue forth... the other came close enough to give Kyle an enery-dosed bitchslap, but nothing worse than that.

End coughed and tried to speak, ultimately taking several moments to do so. "I... I think we're gettin' closer.... T-tell me one thing, Kyle... ... h... how good is your aim...?" Kyle shook his head slightly in response. "Not good at all."

End sighed slightly, but pressed his point. "W...we gotta do somethin'... to shake him off our-our tail, Kyle... ... else he'll... show up a-at your doorstep..."

Kyle seemed to follow the general idea. "Go through the forest."

End nodded and made a swift aerial dive into the forest, flitting and bobbing amidst the trees. "W-well... I still... got... an idea. Check... check your seat. M-my lance should be on my... my back somewhere."

Kyle checked and indeed found the lance in question! He snagged it, and End continued to instruct. "H... he's g... gonna come close... I'm... I'm gonna let him... .... that lance... drive... it deep into him when... when he's right on us... ... should take him down.... l... long enough for us to get to your place... without him followin'..."

Kyle nodded, gripping the lance tightly. "Sure thing."

The two continued to fly about for a bit, finding no sign of the mysterious figure from before. End slowed down his flight a bit. "... h... he's here.... s...somewhere..." Kyle looked about, readying to lock onto his target... and so the target came, smashing down onto the two from above with a delicious explosion of the same red energy, shortly after coming to a stance on End's head. The dragon screamed and shuddered slightly as it attempted to keep up its flight.

Kyle received further hurt and stumbled back slightly, also suffering from new boils and tears that had been opened up as a result of this attack... but he did not falter in his goal, and swiftly ace impaled the jerk with the lance! The figure was skewered much as a piece of meat would be, but it still continued to move on... sending yet another wave of energy into Kylitos, bringing about further boiling and tearing of flesh!

Kyle recoiled from this assault and nearly fell, beginning to feel some severe weakness from these continued attacks... but kept on and attempted to drive the lance in even deeper. End, sensing the desperation on his back, sent a bit of telepathy to Kyle. .... I'm... gonna try an' throw him off, now... Hold... on!

End made for a divebombing motion at a tree, veering to make a sudden hard right turn and send the bastard off... but the figure seemed to catch on, now gripping the lance tigher than before. "Cute... but that will get you nowhere! Did you forget about your lance being bonded, as well?!" With that, the lance itself exploded in a shower of metallic debris, with only the shorter end of ths stick remaining embedded in its body. A good bit of the shower assaulted Kylitos, who no longer had a grip on a weapon in the figure's body, and nearly fell off the draconic steed. The figure seemed to suffer no ill effects from having a metallic weapon explode in his gut...

But End suffered the worst, sending out a mixture of pained telepathic messages and screams as he came smashing right into the tree... and then to the ground in a swift and painful motion. The figure jumped as the impact was made, coming to rest on the ground. Kyle went right with him, jarred by the sudden impact and thrown to the ground some far distance below, ultimately landing with a solid crunch and a good deal of new pain.
He was still conscious, note, and movement was still possible... it'd just hurt a lot.

End himself collapsed in a bloodied heap, reverting back to Mooglish form, with a good deal of blood in his fur and nothing to say about the situation, clearly enough. The figure began to make its way over to End again, rubbing its hands as it prepared to close in...

... but an unexpected interference interrupted the proceedings, as a series of blasts came in on the figure and essentially sent him flying from the near death body of the Moogle. The figure's eyes would go to the new arrival...

... and Kyle would see what appeared to be Astrynax, apparently back from the dead yet again. However, the words that came from Asty next weren't entirely encouraging.

"What do you think you're doing, Erra? The Moogle is mine to kill, not yours!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Events in Violent City (Greg)

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:30 am

"Oh, honestly. Have you gotten hitched? I wouldn't exactly trust any of the women around here. Or was it to one of the men? I won't judge if it's so; just be sure to tell me. Don't leave me hanging..."

The pollution certainly didn't let up; if anything, it would seem to hit Greg particularly hard due to his mental lack of familiarity with the situation.

Small nodded, darting into a previously unseen alleyway between two moderately sized buildings, making a quick motion for Greg to follow her. Greg would note during this process that the alleyway itself was filled with an almost unbearable amount of trash; discarded, rotting food, broken down items of some mysterious note, and even a few dead bodies. Lovely stuff.

The scene they looked out on appeared to show a woman with some rather funky pointy headgear on her hair standing off against a small group of armored men, each equipped with some unusual type of sword. The moment was broken as two drunkards emerged from one of the buildings that bordered the alleyway housing Small and Greg.

The first drunkard didn't seem to like the scene that was going on. ". . . Wha? Who the hell are you bastards?!"

The second followed up with a hiccup and a nod. "If you keep standing there, don't you see you're gonna block my way!!! Or do you wanna fight? That's fine with us!"

One of the armored men laughed, pointing out at the two. "Annoying little bastards, aren't they. Kill 'em!"

And with that, the other armored men dispatched the two drunkards in a flash. The woman seemed dismayed by this event, protesting it despite her circumstances. "You've done a terrible thing. Do you understand what'll happen to you after this?!"

A sullen-looking young man emerged now, dressed in similar (if dirtier clothes) as the woman, looking upon the scene and being a bit taken aback by it.

The commander noted the new man's presence, and laughed it off. "Hey kid! You don't wanna die, right? If I were you I'd go home and pretend like nothin' happened here tonight."

The woman noted the man's presence and seemed to try to appeal to him. "This is one of the many assassination troupes within the Imperial City. These groups are under the direct control of the royal family and this particular ensemble just happens to contain some of its best members. We have no chance of winning this fight. Quickly, let's run away!"

Small, from some distance, regarded the situation. "So... the assassins are truly out and about, then... we might be in some trouble, Greg. What do you think?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Odd event (Kumo)

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:36 am

"Are you serious?! Let's go check the scene, then!" With that, the guardsman and the mage made their way upstairs to secure the perimeter and defeat any lingering Shadows, with Kumo in apparent tow.

The scene they found, then, was interesting; there was no sign of shadows anywhere. All was calm. The mage made a quick astral sweep before noting that there were apparently no further shadows about.

The guardsman shot Kumo a look. "Are you certain there were more Shadows up here? There's nothing here any longer."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

A brief respite.. jk luls (Jikuro, Assassin)

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 am

Jikuro looked back as she followed Assassin in a run through Doma. The guards were still a bit scattered, presumably confirming that the brief shadow assault had ended. "Are you sure it was a good idea to leave them alone with that guy?"

Assassin did not look back as he moved, but he answered all the same. "Broadsky and Reshiki have been able to deal with Infinity-related threats before; certainly, they can keep themselves alive with that opponent. We can go out to check on them a bit later, anyhow, to insure that they're life. We have other issues to deal with at the moment, anyhow."

"You certainly do..." came a threatening voice, and the two found themselves standing before a fairly large man of some sort, bearing a similarly gigantic axe. He bore a curious red scar on his neck...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:39 pm

"He has, yes," Kelne said, "Regrettably, he he chose a rather bad time, and doesn't seem to have been able to maintain the connection outside of the dream." In all truth, Kelne was growing tired of people invading his dreams and disrupting his sleep. There had to be some way to fence them out.

--------------------------
And so the digging of the moat commenced. Naturally, it would have to be filled with water; such was the function of a moat. As such, several minions began digging a trench in the direction of the nearest river. Thankfully, this river would be some distance away.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Cara nodded thoughtfully in response, keeping an eye on the still going argument. "I'm forbidden from telling you too much; to do so would be a clear case of interference, and the current situation isn't bad enough... yet... to justify the risk. Just be sure to keep an eye out for him when you eventually meet him. Given that he's a product of the Corporation, he knows more about the current situation than you do, most likely."

42 finally turned his back on 93 and stomped off towards the stairs leading down, apparently tired of this little back-and-forth. "I've got better things to do besides listen to your flawed dogma, 93... go preach to the pathetic souls who have no strength of their own, why don't you? Come on, Kelne, let's get this damned trip over with!"

With that, 42 stomped down the stairs, apparently not waiting for Kelne. Following this, Cara smiled slightly at Kelne, offering a supportive pat on the arm. "Good luck. Hopefully, we'll meet again, under better circumstances."

93 approached Kelne now, sighing slightly. "He never knows when to listen. Kelne, please keep an eye on him, and try to convince him to keep his mind open. He should honestly consider taking a more spiritual path in life, but he seems to refuse such considerations..."

Apparently Justin hadn't considered the full consequences of requesting a moat; he had simply meant a moat as in a circular ditch of sorts... not one actually filled with water. The Minions would eventually find a river, indeed, and Justin sighed to himself for not indicating that water was not required... but left them to their devices, seeing no harm in letting Minions do as Minions would do.

He also felt the strongest urge to invite them all out for a round of beers, but he suppressed this urge. He didn't entirely care for this odd thought that had come to him, or the odd thoughts earlier that had generated some suspicion and concern in 32. If even a Minion could see something was wrong...

Well, no matter. Once the moat was completed and filled with water, Justin nodded in affirmation. "... good, I suppose. Now, then. Our next step will be to find a way to move that lens onto the water. Do any of you Minions have a suitable suggestion as to how to move the lens onto the water and onward?"

He had a lingering suspicion that one of the Minions would suggest making the lens a pirate ship and sailing off into the seven seas on it, but he kept this to himself.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:21 pm

"Hitched?" Turning to Small, he gives a small chuckle, with a slight cough as he walks along the cramped street. "No, nothin' like tha'."

His mood turns, though, as they step through the alley. Greg frowns at the sight of the corpses, keeping his eyes ahead; nothing he can do about it. For now, he's got to focus on what he can do.

Seeing the conflict, though, makes him wonder if this qualifies or not. Frowning, his hand moves to that switchblade, useless as it'd likely be here.

"I'm...no' sure. Doesn' seem t'be much we can do for 'em...maybe some sorta distraction, give 'em a chance to run?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Kumo blinked, looking from side to side-and at the ceiling as well. Kelne's paranoia taught him a -few- things, at least.

"They were here a moment ago...perhaps they ran after the other three? Or..." Kumo looked back, towards the exit. Perhaps they went out to spread more chaos and mayhem? "...It doesn't matter. We need to check the town...I wish we had the resources for a full evacuation."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:01 pm

"You can't force someone into spirituality, 93," Kelne said, "He'll either come around in his own time or not at all. Either way, the decision is his, and I imagine he'll do fine whatever path he takes."

With a nod of farewell, Kelne set off after 42. His own money was on him never coming around to 93's viewpoint, and Kelne was inclined to back him on that.

-----------------

Naturally, a dozen suggestions were tabled, ranging from the crazy to the merely impractical. Justin could choose from tethering the lens to a flock of geese, keeping it still but moving the universe around it, building a raft to float it down the currently nonexistent river on, or just rigging up a harness and using the airship to lift it.

The longer he left a decision, the more outlandish ideas he was likely to be flooded with.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:04 pm

"I dunno... let's watch an' see for a minute. Somethin' about that young man out there..."

That said, she scrambled up on to the rooftop without any offer of help to Greg below. Perhaps she expected him to get up there himself?

Speaking of the young man, he had taken the time to look taken aback, having the time to spit out "Assassination troupes within the Imperial City?!"

He suddenly paused and appeared to have spaced out for a moment - he looked dead at the woman and seemed to be mumbling something along the lines of, "... Why is my sister here..."

The woman in question, who apparently wasn't his sister, looked at the young man with some clear confusion in her eyes. "Sister? Are you drunk?"

The young man, however, answered with a growl, drawing a blade similar to one of the models Greg had seen earlier - it was with such that the young man swiftly dispatched one assassin and turned to the others. "This time I'll protect you!"

Small seemed to be thinking from her vantage point, and she appeared to have set the concept of potential danger out of her head - something apparently more important had taken roost. "Ah, trouble! That's good. I'm gonna make a fortune outta this. That young guy looks pretty strong. Eh, what's this?! The assassination troupe is under the control of the royal
family!"

At this point, she abandoned all hope of safety and called out to the young man. "Hey young guy! Go forward but please don't get yourself killed."

She went back to her own point, however, and seemed to be speaking to Greg now. "Well, if he does die I guess it's OK. At least I'll be able to get his stuff from his dead body. Also, I should get a tidy profit from the sale of that girl as well.

Go forward, go forward!"

Would Greg attempt to clamber up after Small - and would he follow her train of thought, leaving the young man and woman to the assassins?

"Settle down, citizen. We have the situation under control. Most of the Shadows have been dealt with, and those that remain will be found and destroyed." The guard took Kumo's paranoia calmly in stride.

The mage waved him over, and the duo discussed something for a moment, before nodding and turning back to the Moogle. "Just to be certain, we'll make a complete sweep on the upper floor." It was so that they went to it, and ushered Kumo to follow.

And so it was that the duo began to make their search for shadows on the upper floor - said search was well underway until the unfortunate guardsman was taken out by what appeared to be a gigantic shuriken of some sort. The guardsman fell, the mage was taken aback, and Kumo would almost immediately be confronted thereafter...

... by the scary catlady from before, who looked a little annoyed. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the little shit that decided to ignore my warning. Prepared to die?"

It was so that 42 and Kelne made their way back down the Tower. Since they had cleared out a number of the Ikei on the way down, it was likely that their way down now would be a bit clearer. Presumably.

"All right, then. First of all, if you have any convenient ways of checking walls for potentially hidden switches of items, kindly dole it out. Second, you said something about this coin, didn't you?" 42 held the item Kelne had given him between two of his fingers, looking at it with a bit of curiosity. "How is this supposed to work again? It's supposed to give me the appearance of one of the Ikei, you said?"

Justin sighed, and cleared his throat. "Right. That's... all well and good, I suppose. Do any of you have any ideas which we are actually capable of? We're not quite capable of moving the universe, people, and as it turns out, we lack a harness. ... as well as a raft. And geese."

He facepalmed. Yeah, this hadn't been a good idea. He should've figured as much.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Shocked beyond the ability to reply, he stares gape-mouthed up to Small, taken entirely aback at how casually she's discussing murder, theft, and slave trading.

"...What? What in the hells...you're..."

Turning his attention from her to the group ahead, knowing it won't be long before they take note of him too, he begins appraising the situation, taking in his surroundings to work out a battle plan.

IM: What kind of...I saw he was bad, but this bad? Gods, I can't even...

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Kumo didn't really know -what- to do. Because, y'know. Threats against his life were daily occurances, but he still never knew how to handle them.

"Who says I was looking for my friends? I was just trying to stop the shadows...no need to kill that poor man. But hey, you're probably not going to listen to a word I say anyway, right?" Kumo sighed, drawing his whip and praying fervently that the guards downstairs wouldn't hear what might well happen next. If he could get off one good spell-or if he could get Delloran to interfere-or if half a dozen other things happened, he might stand a chance...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon May 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Small peered down at Greg, a slight smirk on her face. "What...? Is there a problem? Don't tell me you've developed something as silly as a conscience after so many years of this work. Besides, there's nothing to worry about - that young man seems like he knows what he's doing."

And it seemed as if the young man did indeed know what he was doing - he almost single handedly managed to dispatch the assassins, with some slight assistance from the imperiled girl.

"They won after all. They're pretty good... guess it's my turn now." She looked to Greg, seeming to hesitate for a moment. "Since you're having such a crisis of conscience, and since they got through that fight well enough, I suppose we can help them. For a price, of course. Is that what you want so badly?"

Shamash snickered. "I don't remember telling you to come back... I do believe you were disobeying my instructions in that regard. And quite honestly, I can't stand little shits who refuse to follow orders." That said, her staff was out and she was already approaching the unfortunate little moogle with something of a dangerous look in her eyes. "So far, I've racked up two kills here... you'll make a decent third addition to the roster..."

The mage, however, did not sit idle, and instead launched a delicious fireball upon the catgirl, striking her and sending her flying back from the attack she had been preparing. She was not happy, to say the least; her eyes were on the mage, and her tone just barely surpassed a hiss. "You... you idiot... if you don't want to end up like your partner there, I'd suggest you leave..."

"We have no place in this city for the likes of you... and those who would prey upon the guards of this fair kingdom will be punished to the fullest extent of the law!" The mage did not back down, however, and instead took a stance next to Kumo. "Not to worry... I'll fight her off. Escape if you must..."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Slowly recovering from the shock of the situation, Greg takes another look at them, and at Small.

IM: ...Can't push too far, or she might just go ahead and do the same thing to me. Not much choice...gods help me.

Grudgingly, he speaks up. "A price...sure. Still wantin' to talk later, though."

IM: Hmph. At least this guy doesn't seem like the magic using type. Somethin' in res...is it? Haven't tried since I died...can't believe I forgot to check.

As Small moves on with whatever offer she's about to propse, Greg makes a small push, doing a quick scan of the area, both astral and emotional.

(Scanning the alley and doing a Detect Strong Feelings on Small in that order.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 am

"It's fairly straightforward, really," Kelne said, "Just concentrate on it for a few moments, and the enchantment will kick in." So saying, he activated his own ring, assuming the appearance of one of the gas-masked Ikei.

"As for finding hidden passages, I doubt I'll be much use there. Unless they're using magic to disguise them." He began trailing a hand along the wall, checking for any unusual auras.

-----------------------

Due consideration was given to the problem of moving the lens using practical means.

"Where do you want it moved to, Not-Boss?" 32 asked, at length. The answer might have some bearing on a practical solution.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed May 16, 2007 4:17 am

Greg could detect nothing outward concerning the alleyway. Was he expecting anything in particular? As far as Greg's Detect Feelings went, Small's feelings at the moment seemed to primarily involve greed of some sort. One could suspect that his counterpart often thought along the same lines. Where a dollar could be gained, a dollar would be obtained.

The young man seemed somewhat taken aback by what had just transpired, as well, though he was quick to turn to the retreating assassin troupe leader. He was apparently still full of enough brim and vinegar to continue his attack, as he shouted to the retreating figure, "Don't run away! Fight! Are you warriors or what?!"

The woman, however, was more grounded in reality at the moment, and urged him on to not give chase and fight. "We should be getting out of here! And quickly!" It was so that the duo proceeded to head for a random alleyway, but not before Small, already working quickly, whistled and landed before them, wagging her finger in the age-old "no no" motion. "Oops! That way is dangerous because there's a den of wild beasts down there that are thirsty for money, women, and blood."

The man was silent, but the woman kept her composure. "Who are you?!"

"Don't you wanna run away?", Small almost mockingly replied. "Forget about that way cause it's full of guards." Greg would note that she obviously couldn't be entirely certain about this claim. Likely, she was trying to drum up potential cash.

The woman paused, then asked once more, "Who... are you?"

"My name is Small. If you wanna run away, follow me." It was at this point that Small waved to Greg and indicated for him to follow after. Apparently, they would be moving soon. This would be the last that Greg would see of the area for the moment, so if he wished to take a last look around, now would be the time.

42 shuddered slightly as Kelne assumed the appearance of one of the Ikei. "It looks authentic enough, and that's exactly why I can't say I care for it. I care even less for taking on the appearance of one of those damnable mutants. But... no matter. It seems the best way of completing this goal."

This said, he followed Kelne's instructions and shifted into the form of a swarm of the floating eels. It looked like the real deal, true to the enchantment that Kelne had described. ... however, the swarm of eels hung together somewhat noticeably. This detail could potentially betray 42's attempt... however, one could presume the Ikei would not look closely enough at such a detail to notice.

That said, the trip downward resumed. Kelne would find nothing in the way of an unusual aura for much of the trip downward; indeed, not much occurred during this stretch of time, as the Ikei that they had slain earlier apparently remained slain. It was only when they had reached the floor they had earlier retreated from that Kelne would detect a notable emnation of energy in one of the walls; the left wall, to be precise.

It felt as if something was lingering behind the wall. Now, if one could only break through the wall and see what remained behind? Either that, or Kelne could continue on his merry jaunt...

Justin sighed, but responded calmly. "I would ideally like it moved away from the portal of doom and onto a flat area where it won't disturb me any longer. Is it possible to do anything along those particular lines...?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:01 pm

Taking a quick moment to grab a sword from a fallen "guard", if any are to be seen, he follows after the group. Keeping quiet for now, he follows the three ahead. However, not trusting Small in the least, he keeps his own watch, on both her and any other assassin troupes that may be lurking. But for now, his only actual communication with the two victims is an apologetic glance towards them on Small's behalf, attempting to show his own disapproval with her actions.

His only audible communication, at least, as he opens a telepathic channel to the male of the two.

T: Don't give any sign I'm speaking with you. You're not from this world either, are you?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu May 17, 2007 5:31 am

"Feels as if there's something behind here," Kelne remarked, halting next to the wall. He placed his ear against it and began rapping against it, listening for hollow spaces.

------------------------

32 shrugged, "I suppose we could just drag it," he said, "It'd get a bit dirty, mind you, but..."

Another shrug, "Alright everyone, let's break out the rope!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Sorry about the delay :3

Unread postby Endesu » Wed May 23, 2007 11:39 am

The dispatched assassins were indeed carrying weapons that appeared to be blades! However, said blades bore a curious gauge on the side, much like the other Greg's pocket knife.

Small didn't appear to be leading them into any ambushes or anything of the sort; indeed, they actually appeared to be heading into a more residential portion of the city, with rather ramshackle houses dotting the premises here and there.

The woman didn't appear to notice Greg, keeping her eyes on Small just ahead. The man, however, noticed the apologetic glance and sheepishly looked away. He certainly noticed when Greg sent him a telepathic message, but, following instructions, kept his eyes on the path they were following.

He seemed to have some trouble with the concept of telepathy at first; he finally simply 'thought' a response, perhaps presuming that Greg could 'hear' it.

Er... no, I was born and raised in this horrible city. ... what sort of question is that, exactly?

Greg's response might be short-lived; the foursome were already heading for a desolate little alcove in the heart of the residential area. This was apparently Small's 'safe place'.

Kelne's attempts to detect hollow spaces in the wall unearthed results; his rapping came back loud and clear. The only question was how would he go about the progress of breaking through?

42 somehow managed to respond despite being a swarm of floating eels. "93 did mention there being passageways here and there," the faux eel swarm somehow managed to say. "There may be a passageway down, or more Ikei to work around... either way, we could stand to make quicker progress."

"Well, we don't really have much use for a gigantic lens at the moment, though I suppose any suggestions you lot may make for further use could come in handy," Justin noted, having no apparent problems with 32's current plan.

Anti-Minions moved quickly; there was a ready supply of rope available. They moved to the ready to follow 32's further orders; he was in charge for the moment.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 pm

IM: ...Hmph, must have misread that reaction. Was sure...is she the offworlder, then? Well, too late now.

Frowning slightly, keeping an eye forward and his sword ready, he sends a reply out.

T: ...Never mind that, then. Too long to explain, but I might need some help here, and appearances aside, I'm not sure I can trust this Small. Doesn't seem like there are many good people here, but it looks like you're one of them.

Noting their approach of the alcove, he gives another brief glance to the yet-nameless fighter.

I can explain more later, if we get the chance.

Looking to Small, he speaks up, appraising the dingy environs as he does.

"Well, here we are, then."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 29, 2007 8:36 pm

For now, Kelne ran his hands over the surface of the wall, feeling for hidden catches or anything of the like. He could always try more of a brute force approach, but he preferred to go with the less destructive options first.

-----------------

And so the heaving and hauling and coffee breaks commenced. The coffee break was disconcerting, as nobody seemed to call for it at all. The entire group simply took a five-minute break as one in order to drink some coffee. Where said coffee had come from was also something of a mystery.

Still, once the break was over, the lens was hauled out of the way in fairly short order.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Not dead, I swear.

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:28 pm

The man briefly glanced at Greg with a good deal of uncertainty, but gave a brief nod just the same.

I'm not entirely certain about the sudden turn my life has taken... but after what happened to my sister, I've always felt it best to help those in need of help...

"Yep! Here we are," Small cheerily replied, opening a rather rough looking door... which led to an internal tunnel of sorts. Once she had made certain that everyone had entered, she closed the door and led the way into the tunnel, which became darker and darker still as they progressed forward...

Once they had reached a certain point, she turned off to the left and opened an unseen door, leading the way into a small, enclosed 'home' of sorts. There was no real furniture - only sheets and blankets covering boxes of all sizes and shapes, as well as other suspicious paraphernalia.

Greg, were he to have inspected any of this at length, would have strongly suspected that the items had been stolen, and were simply being hidden here for the moment.

"Here is a hidden room that my friends and I sometimes use. It's hard to be discovered here, so you can go ahead and rest awhile," Small finally noted, turning to the man and woman.

"Thank you. I appreciate it," the woman responded, nodding and bowing emphatically to Small.

"Don't worry about it," Small interrupted, pointing out jewelry that the woman had apparently been wearing. "Instead, could you give me your necklace and earrings?"

The woman nodded again and handed them over easily. Apparently, Small had gotten some profit out of the situation, after all. She now turned to Greg and patted him on the shoulder. "We've done our good deed for the day, but I need to report back to the others. Coming?"

After much searching, Kelne would uncover a small clutch of sorts within a random spot on the wall - digging one's fingers into it would unveil what felt like some sort of flexible switch or lever. Perhaps he could attempt to manipulate it?

At the same time, however, he began to feel a small but sudden ache of irritation, emnating from the blight-infested wound...

Justin took this time to get back into the ship. Things had gone wrong, already... he could tell that something was interfering with his programming. He couldn't entirely be sure what, but he knew he had to get back into contact with Kelne quickly... there was far too much information to give, and not enough time to properly give it.

Once the Minions had finished their work in moving the lens, and he had apparently finished his own job of prepping the ship, he came out to meet them all, Stephen in tow.

"I'm hoping we've all done our fair share of labor today? You'll have to excuse me if there hasn't been enough drudgery in the day... I feel we need to move and meet with Kelne... or 'The Boss'... quickly. Are we all right with this?" Justin seemed to be keeping it together as he spoke... yet there was something unsure in his speech.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:00 am

Taking a look around the room, Greg takes a seat on one of the sturdier-looking crates, and tries to supress his appraisal of the situation. Whoever he was here, he must be pretty well embroiled in things. But whatever he did before, there's little Greg can do about that now, and there's less reason to care.

Tensing up a bit at the hand on his shoulder, he glances up, collecting himself and reminding himself to keep the accent up this time. "...Nah, I'll be stayin' here for now. Think I should rest up f'r a bi', still feelin' a bi' off. Give 'em m' best, eh?" Forcing a chuckle, he sits back, setting the sword down across his lap and trying to look relaxed.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:10 am

Small smirked in response. "All right, gotcha. If you're stickin' with them, be sure to keep an eye on 'em. Some more of those goons might be showin' up after these two, and they'll probably need all the help they can get."

She turned to the other two, who had already taken their own seats against one of the surrounding walls. "If you need me, just let me know... Bye!!"

With that, Small left through the same door they had come through, leaving the trio to themselves.

At this point, the woman turned to the man. "I have to do something for you since you rescued me. What's your name?" She paused for a response, before finding (to her own surprise) that the man had already fallen asleep, perhaps tired out by the stressful events of the day.

This, naturally, left Greg alone with her, to potentially talk a few things out...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:18 am

Watching Small until she's well out of sight, Greg lets himself actually relax for a bit, watching the attempt at an exchange between the two. A bit surprised that the man's so suddenly asleep himself, he looks to the woman, thinking things over before speaking up to her, and dropping the affectation for now.

"...Well, I might not have done as much for you as him, but I'm Greg. As you've probably figured out by now, of course. You?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:26 am

She appeared to spend a small amount of time visually examining him before responding in turn, "... Carroll Mew. I take it the two of you are part of some underground group that roams these parts? If so, I hardly mind... no worse than the condition the rest of this terrible city has apparently fallen into. Do you know what has caused all of this mess? And what about these so-called 'execution squads'? Can you tell me anything about them?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:39 am

Drumming his fingers on the sword hilt, he looks off for a bit, trying to decide what to say as he appraises this person. She seems well enough herself, a bit more proper than he expected to find around here, but she doesn't have much of an outsider view herself either. Fairly lost about what exactly's going on with the two of them, he settles on an indirect tack with her, not wanting to slip up about things too much again.

"...I can't really say much at all about that, I've got to admit. I'm not really from around here, even if Small thinks otherwise. It's a long story, and not a very believable one. I do have to know, though, is there any chance this city's called Doma? Or maybe there's some other Doma City somewhere in this world?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:49 am

"Really, now? The way she's treated you, you would think the two of you had been friends for years." So saying, she shook her head to his question. "No... apparently this place goes by the name of 'Violent City', or something along those lines. And I'm not familiar with a 'Doma City'. Perhaps you hail from a kingdom to the east? Truthfully, I do not know much of that part of the world.

... and if you do hail from elsewhere, what are you doing here, exactly?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:57 am

"It's not entirely by choice. I got stuck here by mistake. And I'm not...exactly who Small thinks I am. But you can't let her know that; the way she is, I'm not sure what'd happen to me if she knew."

Sighing, he brushes his hair back, thinking over everything that's happened in the short time since he's arrived. "Gods...okay, there's no Doma. What about Igala, or Gaera, have you heard of either of those? Or...actually, gods, that might be it. What about Ishtar, or Ashura, or Reshtaha?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:03 am

"Stuck here... by mistake? Are you implying that you're not of this world, Gregory? I've certainly never heard of any of those names you've mentioned... you're certain you are in a correct state of mind, yes? You haven't been imbibing unhealthy amounts of alcohol or hallucinogens lately, have you?," Carroll mused, observing Greg with a concerned look in her eyes. She was apparently entirely serious.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:10 am

Blinking at her, he's obviously shocked that she got to his point that quickly and easily. "...Huh. Sharper than I thought you'd be, to pick up on that. But no, no hallucinogens for me. Though it seems like it at times, the way things have been going. And I haven't even had the chance for some drink in days, the way everything's been rushing at me."

"Of course, a person's word at that's only as good as his lucidity, I suppose. But I'm either imagining all this backstory and my head's messed up, or I'm not and I'm not from around here. Either way, I hardly know anything about this place right now, so do you think you could fill me in on the high notes? Give me a better idea just what I'm dealing with here?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:36 am

"Oh... very well. One way or another, you seem like you can use all the help you can get."

She paused, as if gathering her thoughts together, before speaking, "I can only say so much to you now... I still have to get my own thoughts into order, and anything I may tell you here may potentially endanger your life later on. But I can tell you this: even this city, with its deplorable state, is better off than the states more directly controlled by the royal family. The Guardians, who are employed by the royal family... they are at the root of several problems, and something must be done about them.

There is a nearby city by the name of Foggy City, or Duran City. It was there that I was hoping to attend with a sizable number of suitable warriors... thus far, there has been only that young man there." She indicated the sleeping man with an offhanded gesture and turned back to Greg. "That's about all I can tell you at the moment, I'm afraid. To keep yourself safe, I'd recommend laying low with those bandits. Whether or not they're your 'friends', they'll likely keep you safe."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:16 am

"I'm not really all that concerned with safety right now, truth be told. I'd rather find a way back, but the thing I used here broke as soon as I came through. Who'd be the most trustworthy folks to talk to around here about magic concerns? It's not all bound up by the government, is it?"

Drumming his fingers on the hilt of his sword, he glances around, settling back a bit as he continues to think of a way out of this situation. "I came through thinking maybe this world might be connected to some problems going on back home, but it doesn't look like it so far. It's got its problems, I can tell, but they look pretty well distinct. Can't believe I ran into an honest-to-goodness coincidence now of all times...just my luck, really."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:20 am

"So you are marooned here. I sympathize for your plight. You'll have to forgive me, though, if I don't recognize that word you used... 'magic', was it? Was this some sort of natural element from your world?," she queried, once again apparently being entirely serious.

"Regardless, if I could go out of my way to help you, I would. But I have so many problems of my own to deal with at the moment... my lifeline itself may be limited. So... please accept my apology for that much."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:52 pm

"...You don't know the word? Er...wizardry, the arcane arts...using force of will to make things happen. Conjuring up fire, making bread out of thin air, summoning up beasts to fight for you, that sort of thing. Whatever you call it, I need to talk to someone that knows the concept, an expert if it's possible. It's how I got here, and it's what I'd need to get back. Wouldn't be surprised if most of them were tied up with this royal family if they've got this much power, but there's got to be a few free agents out there I could speak with."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:29 pm

"Well... I have heard of people performing curious arts before, but I've never heard it referred to as 'magic', nor do I personally know of any who practice the art on a regular basis," she responded, presumably thinking it over.

There came a pause, however, and she spoke again. "... however, there is a forest city of sorts on the way to Duran by the name of 'Dragon Ash'. The people who live there... the Moribito... supposedly live in perfect union with the plant life. From what I've heard, they know quite a bit about the world and the forces that surround it. Perhaps they can tell you something...?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:48 pm

"...Well, it's something, at least. Duran, that's where you're headed, you said? Mind having me tag along with you? Can't make it the whole trip, of course, but I'm willing to help you out on the way if you'll let me come along part of the way."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:07 pm

"I suppose so... I could always use a little bit of extra help in getting to my destination. This other man should be able to accompany me the rest of the way to Duran, so there are no problems there," Carroll happily replied, putting out a hand to Greg. Presumably, she intended to shake hands with him.

"I suppose we set out tomorrow, then. I trust you're prepared for any conflict that may come?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs