Daring, or Stupid? (Freestyle Gaera rp)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Daring, or Stupid? (Freestyle Gaera rp)

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:36 am

The Beginning
Captain Samuel DeMalo... a name that is known amongst many who travel the oceans around Gaera's continents.

He braved many a deadly storm, with his ship threatening to capsize any second. Holding his crew together and keeping them alive through the rough waters to see another day. His successes had earned him quite the reputation... as well as quite a vast fortune.

DeMalo's story is quite the rags-to-riches tale, having achieved so much in his career. It would seem that this man has nothing to fear anymore. He's seen the worst storms and lived to tell about it. He's never lost a ship in his life.

Yes it would very well seem that Cap'n Sam (as he likes to be called) has his entire life already planned out and has nothing to worry about... till today.

------
Doma City, Daylight
The Cap'n sat in his favorite chair, overlooking the ocean through the large window in his backroom. His men had earlier been repairing any and all damages that this house had recieved under the accursed Malachias' rule. His face looked troubled.

Kneeling, and sniveling behind him was a man called "Jonesy". It was this Jonesy's job to watch over the Cap'n's two children, Myra and Fredrick.

"This is true then?" the Captain asked, trying to hide the worry in his voice. Jonesy was paniced, he had come home empty handed, and from the looks of things, barely alive.

"Yes Cap'n... it's true... " said the Children's Guardian in between sobs.

"Now how in Ishtar's name did they convince you to take them to that god awful place!?" asked an impatient DeMalo. Not even looking at Jonesy, keeping his gaze on the ocean.

"They had heard of it through others. That place is spoken of in legend amongst soldiers... and... and... the children... wanted... wanted... to see if it was true. I didn't think such a place actually exsisted." sniveled Jonesy, trying not to look at the figure sitting itself in the chair.

"Belvoken... it just HAD to be that hell hole didn't it?" asked the Captain to nobody in particular, as he rose from his chair. Taking one last look at the waves, Samuel turned towards his other crew men. Barker and Tibbs were their names, real reliable sorts dey was.

"You two know what must be done. I must get me children back... or whatever's left of 'em." he said to Barker and Tibbs, his face looking forlorn.

"Ay cap'n!!! Shood we's gatha us a bit of a rescue partay? Gatha up tha mates and all?" asked Barker, his blackened teeth showing the world how bad of hygiene this man had.

The Captain only shook his head. "No... you're all real good lads n' all... but I'm in need of people who ah more accustomed to fighting on land. We'd not last more dan 5 seconds at that gawd awfill place... so... " he said as he walked back over to the window.

"We being hiring... right now. Git me four buggas who are willing to risk life n' limb for money. I don't care what amount they ask fer... *a tear began falling down his cheek*I just want me children back." he said, wiping the solitary tear from his face.

Barker and Tibbs both nodded almost in unison, "Ay Ay Cap'n!"
------

The sun shone in through the windows of a room, one that was currently being rented. It's occupant stirred as the light was hitting him in the face.

His long Brownish-Grey hair (which had been covering up much of his face) was brushed aside, revealing pointed Elven ears underneath. The man snorted and grumbled as he shifted in his position, trying his hardest to block out the accursed sun light.

This man was not a true elf at all. He is what many call a "Half-breed". His mother happened to be a Wood Elf, and his father... just so happened to be human. So... the result of such a relationship was this man... and Duile Coppermirth was his name.

"Gods dammit... could they have possibly positioned this bed in a worse spot?" Duile grumbled as he slowly got up. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, the Half-Elf made his way to the bathroom. Cold water soon splashed upon his face, as Duile leaned over the sink, now peering into the mirror above. A soaked and tired visage stared back.

IM:I look like hell...

Coppermirth stretched his stiff back (compliments of the bed) while slowly turning towards the shower. A long sigh escaped his mouth as he scratched his head. "Can't sleep forever... till your dead that is..." was all that would be said before beginning to undress for his morning shower.
----
(OOC: Now introduce your characters please, and after everyone's done, I shall continue with Barker and Tibbs.)

bunnygirle78

Re: Daring, or Stupid? (Freestyle Gaera rp)

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:38 pm

The warmth of the day roused her. Opening her eyes and rubbing them free of sleep, she stretched and looked towards the city of Doma.

Bunny leaned forward on her hands, and looked down from her perch in the tree. The forest had already woken up, and it seemed calm. She couldn't Deny that she was curious about the city, but never dared to go into it. She had chased off to many a hunter, and she wasn't so foolish to think she wouldn't be forgiven by them.

"I wonder what fun will happen today?" She said leaning back against the tree she had slept in.

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:37 am

The man lay sprawled across a bed his hair covering his face grunted as a ray of sunlight hit his face, and then stired. Awakening he streched and lay in bed for a few more minutes. "Oh alright I'll get up damn it!" The man growled at the sunlight.

The man jumped out of bed and dressed himself grogerly pulling on first his pants followed by his boots and vest. walking over to the bathroom rubbing his neck and grumbleing about drinking. Bending over the sink he splashed cold water into his face to wake himself up. "Whoa damn! Thats cold!" He shouted to himself shacking his head back and forth, causeing water to splash on the mirror and walls.

On his way out of the room he shouldered his pack and grabed his constant compainion. "Don't worry I ant leaveing with out ya!" He says kissing the side of the axe. On his out of the building the innkeeper shouted across the empty common room. "Hey! You haven't paid for the room yet Devlin!" Devlin turned slowly and spoke to himself. "Oh yeah thats right.. Well better pay the man can't have adventures in jail!" Tossing a small purse of coins at the man Devlin walked out the door and into the bright sunlight.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:47 am

.. and there he was.

Or rather, there he came.

The magely man of bad luck.

A man of bad temper and bad manners.

And most of all.. not a fucking MCF.

Yes, he was Astrynax. And although he had been attempting to find respite in his continued vacation in Nekonia..

Something had been calling him back to Doma. Perhaps it was the departed Moogle. Perhaps it was the limited word of the 'Occupation' he had been hearing of. Or perhaps it was because this city of the damned had its tendrils curled around his heart.

One way or another, he was coming back into town, pack on his back, and he was.. hoping quite a bit.. that nothing would befall him here..

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:58 pm

Some old notices were tacked onto a billboard outside the Kotoki's Inn. Some of which had been there for quite a while. Course this matter nothing to the man who was posting up a new flyer at that very moment, as new paper was slapped down upon the billboard wood. Four nails for each corner and they, the two in charge of this, were done with this part of the city.

The notice read:
Wanted: Help in Recovering Precious Cargo, $10,000 Reward. Must be willing to travel into possible dangerous territory. ---Captain Samuel DeMalo

"Why didn' ya talk about Belvoken in these posters Tibbs?" asked Barker as the two travelled to the next posting spot. Tibbs guffawed as he twirled the hamer in his hand.
"Cuz Barka... who wud bay willun to go to dat place?" asked Tibbs, as they continued on their quest.

"I's figers the captain'd more an welcim to tell 'em eemself. Wen da deal's ben made." added Tibbs as they stopped by an other inn and posted another notice.

Edited by: Ash Fanrico  Image at: 11/17/03 3:15 pm

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:40 am

Scratching the back of his head Devlin looked over the fresh notice on the bulletin board. "Well this sounds like fun! Lets check it out shall we?!" Devlin speaks to himself and snatches the paper off the board. Looking it over He stops a near by person and asks directions to the address. Starting that way Devlin pulled his Axe from his back and admired it. The three foot wide blade was curved up to the top where a large spike was gleaming in the sunlight. The whole thing was nearly his size and with the sun glinting off the wicked edge was impressive as hell. " You my friend you are the perfection that completes my soul!" He says before kissing the Axe and shouldering it and continuing on.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:31 am

Bunny sighed as she pulled down her face mask and pulled up a hood over her head. Every time she scared off hunters, she wore the mask, which made going into town somewhat easier.

She didn't go in often, preferring to avoid the large crowds that had often caused her much discomfort. But she did go into Doma on certain days. Today it was to bring some wild mushrooms to some old trust worthy human friends. One of which, often drank at Kotoki's Inn.

She would sell the rest, and get some small things for herself latter, or give the money away. She didn't really need it, living in the forest, she had all she needed.

She stooped and stared at the old billboard, something that she enjoyed to do. Most of the notices were the same, but she couldn't help but to notice a large one, covering most of the others. She looked around and saw another a few feet away.

She paid them no mind as she entered the Inn.

"I brought you some mushrooms," she said setting them down in front of the old man who sat in the back of the pub. He never spoke to her, he only stared at his ale. Though she never saw him, he often smiled at the kind gesture once she left.

Bunny turned to leave, the rest of her wild mushrooms read to be sold.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:14 pm

Duile walked down the steps of the inn he was currently checked into. He was now more awake (and dressed) than he had been a bit earlier, thanks in part to the refreshing shower he had taken.

Duile knew that his money wad was drying up, and soon... he would be penniless. His last job had paid rather well, in fact, he had been able to go on for two whole months without signing up for a job due to that very job. But sooner or later, a Merc has to go back to the bulletin boards and other city notice posts. Sometimes more later than sooner.

Course, being the person that he was, Coppermirth preferred to take the more bigger paying jobs than most other Mercs. Some would take some small jobs, get a little rest before tackling another big job again. That or just to get a little more spending money easily. But Duile, no... Duile loved to have alot of money all at once. Though he would occaisionally take a small job every now and then (specially if that was the only thing available at the moment), he mainly kept to bigger waters.

Fortunately, this was such a day, as Coppermirth looked at the bulletin board, and saw quite a large flyer on it. So big, that it seemed to take up most of the board.

IM:10 thou huh? That'd be real nice to have... I'm takin' it.

So, the half-elf eventually made his way towards where the Captain was staying.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:01 pm

Astrynax was making his way through Doma slowly, watching for any of his past allies. When he last left them.. they thought he had died.

He wanted to keep it that way. He had made a formal disconnection, and was not intending to return to their presence. Not anytime soon, anyhow.

As he kept on, he passed some sort of poster. Hmph. Advertising for some sort of half-washed mercernary job. Usually the kind of thing that was below him. He had to admit to himself, though... none of his allies would think to see him as a mercenary, or working under one.

Which lessened his chances of being seen, perhaps. And.. perhaps.. this job would settle his desire to be in Doma once and for all. He could force himself to return to Nekonia and stay there, then.

Mentally noting the address, Asty set out once more.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:53 pm

Soon, as hoped, DeMalo's offer had been answered. As a seemingly large man, with an equally big axe, made his way into the Cap'n's house. The Cap'n sat in the same comfortable chair that he had been in since this morning. Just that now it was turned around, facing the door. He would soon have a group of mercenaries... and hopefully they could get the job done.

Barker and Tibbs were standing at the bottom of the stairs, which led up to the Cap'n's quarters. "Ay there lad... you here fer de job I take it?" asked Barker.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:20 pm

Bunny soon became aware of the amount of soldiers in the area as she walked towards the market. She soon found herself bumping into most of them and she wasn't quite sure how, but she found herself standing in front of a large house.

She stepped inside, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"Um. . .excuse me sirs?" She said. "Could you tell me the way to the market?"

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:26 pm

Devlin looked about and grinned. "Yes I am here for the job! Sounds like it will be great fun! So where are we going to be going and when do we set out?" Devlin's grin got larger as he took in his soundings a bit more when someone stepped inside and asked "Um . . .excuse me sirs? Could you tell me the way to the market?" Turning about Devlin smiled. "Hey would you look at that! More are showing up!" Turning back about Devlin asked the man. "How many of us are you expecting there will be? It out to be fun ether way!" Devlin said with a loud laugh.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:16 am

Barker began to chuckle as he looked at Tibbs. "As many as there are willing." replied Tibbs, grinning. Barker looked down at Bunny. "Ay... wud ya look at dat!" he said, peering at the small hooded person. Tibbs cleared his throat, "Why my dear? What be ya lookin' fer?" he asked, trying to make up for his partner's lack of manners.
---
DeMalo could hear other voices downstairs, indeed some had answered the call. He just hoped now that they were willing to embark on this quest... to the living Hell on Gaera.
---
Duile found the place alright, and it indeed looked like the house of an almost legendary sea captain. Course, being who he is, Duile had seen much larger homes in his lifetime. Only thing he was really wonering about anyway the amount of money involved.

IM:Interesting how very little was spoken of what kind of actual mission we'll be going on...

Duile couldn't fight the terrible feeling he was suddenly getting. But walked towards the house's entrance none the less.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:57 pm

Bunny gasped and backed up as she stared up at the large man.

"The. . .market." She stuttered. "I'm selling wild mushrooms and healing herbs." She said nearly dropping her basket.

"Uh . .this isn't a hunting . ..party is it?" She asked pulling her hood over her face even more.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:37 pm

Barker laughed, "Huntin' party? No deary, we be recrootin' for sometin else." as he turned to walk up the stairs, let the Cap'n know of this Devlin character.

Tibbs kneeled down to her, "No.. we're no hunting party. There's jus... sometin our Cap'n needs brot back. Sometin very special to 'im." he said, trying to calm her down.

Taking a deep breath, he pointed to the left of Bunny, "Da Market's over dar some ways... ya can't miss it." he said, giving direction.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:50 pm

Bunny stared at him, she was feeling a bit curious.

"What are you looking for?" She said looking around. "It must be important, so many soldiers." She said thinking. She never really understood human ways. How they could march off for items that could be done without. However, there was a uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"It feels important," she said looking at Tibbs. "Do you mind if I stay to find out what it is?" She laughed a bit. "I am curious now."

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:34 am

Tibbs chuckled, "Alright deary... you may." he said as he turned to see a decently sized man walk into the door.

"You all seeking some mercenary help?" asked the man, who had pointy... almost elven ears. Tibbs noted the man's appearance and nodded.

"Yeah... why ar ya asking lad? Ya hopin' to apply?" asked Tibbs as he looked up at the doorway near the top of the stairs.

The man nodded, "That's right. I'm wanting to 'apply' as you so aptly put it." replied the stranger.

Tibbs grunted as he looked back at the man, "And jus who might ya be lad? If ya dun mine me askin." replied Tibbs, scratching his head.

"Name's Coppermirth... Duile Coppermirth... at your services." grinned the half-elf as he took a small bow.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:33 pm

Astrynax more or less shoved himself into the place. He knew Doma well enough to navigate its streets, and it had only taken him a small amount of time to move through them.

"This is the mercenary signup, isn't it? If it is, let's get started and get this travesty over with." The mage groused as he stepped in, light pack swinging back and forth as he did so.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:40 am

"And just who are you?" came a voice from atop the stairs. It was the Captain himself. Barker stood at his side, watching this motely crew of mercenaries below.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:55 am

Bunny stared up at the captain as he appeared.

"Oh, he sounds mad." She said staring at him. "Or, maybe. .sad. Its tuff to tell." She said to herself.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:59 am

"My name is Astrynax, and I'm here to gallivant along on your wacky misadventures." He responded with a slight sneer. "How much time are we going to waste here, hmm?"

GiftedRichard

re

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:26 am

Devlin glanced to the mage and shakes his head in disgust. "Most of the damn magic users are all alike." Devlin muttered to himself before stepping forward and grinning. "I be Devlin I am here for the job of course and I hope it’s as grand an adventure as it sounds!" Devlin gives a small bow and pats his axe on his back his grin widening.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: re

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:23 pm

"Oh, ho. What do we have here but a dwarf with an axe? Yes, it's not like there aren't hordes of dwarves swinging around axes already. Tut tut, my good man."

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:06 am

"And look at that! It seems that the one redeemable feature that most mages have is lacking in this one!" Devlin said with a laugh looking down at the mage. "Besides I think that man is the employer! So let us find out about this adventure! ß ëþáëþ ýòî mage äàæå áîëåå ìåíåå ÷åì ïîñëåäíåå, êîòîð ÿ áûë ñ!" Devlin adds before starting up the stairs towards the man at the top.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:29 am

Bunny didn't know what to think of them, but decided it was best just to listen for now. She made her way up the steps.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:57 pm

"Oh, no, the 'big' one is insulting me! Gods forbid he try and thunk me with his axe.. or, worse yet, stand behind me. We do know that so many of those insecure warriors are closeted.. don't we.."

Asty followed up after, ignoring the girl behind him. She hadn't said anything idiotic yet..

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:20 pm

Bunny wondered why they were auguring. She didn't care for magic much, but she didn't mind the people who wilded it.

Bunny decided to keep her face hidden until latter. The man in front of her seemed short tempered.

"I wonder if this was a good idea," she said to herself as she flowed them up.

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:06 pm

With a fierce grin Devlin spun about and bowed.

" Õîðîøèé âçãëÿä íà òîì! Îí äóìàåò beacuse ii1 áîëüøîå ÷òî ÿ íå ïî ìåðå òîãî êàê feirce ïî ìåðå òîãî êàê îäíè, êîòîð îí ïîïûòàëñÿ îñêîðáèòü ìåíÿ ñ! Îí òàêæå êàæåòñÿ, ÷òî äóìàåò ÷òî îí ÷òî-òî ñïåöèàëüíûì! Ha! Ïîñìîòðèòå òî! Îí íå äàæå ôðàíòîâñê äîñòàòî÷íî äëÿ òîãî ÷òîáû ïðåäóñìàòðèâàòü åãî ñîáñòâåííîå uneducation ïóòåì improviseing óõèùðåííîå îñêîðáëåíèå! Âìåñòî îí ïðèáåãàåò ê Hes áîëüøîìó îí äîëæåí áûòü òóï! âñåìè áîãàìè!"

And saying thus spins about and continues up to meet the man on top of the stairs.

"Hoy! I am Devlin! I am here about the job you offered! If it is nearly as fun as it sounds you may not have to pay me at the end!"

Devlin grin widened as he leaned in closer and whispers.

" I think you should drop the mage. He is too arrogant for any real fun to happen!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:15 pm

"Dear lord, he can string together compex words! And flaunt his use of a tongue that I myself don't know! How NON-arrogant."

Asty's cloak flapped dramatically as he too looked up to the man. "If you'd like to SURVIVE any sort of dangerous situation, it's recommended that you have a pair of powerful hands on port."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:25 pm

Bunny shook her head again. The man that Antsy and Devlin had spoken to did not seem to be amused, nor did he care about their spat.

Bunny felt odd as she stared at him, she was never good at reading humans.

"Forgive me sir," she said to Devlin. "But power comes in many forms you know." She walked past him with her head in the air, she had taken some offense at what he had said. "Magic has its uses. . even if its scary." She said. "Uh no offense to you sir mage." She said blushing. "I do not think that mages are scary, just their magic.

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:57 am

"Hey mage! Your village is calling! They said that they are missing their village idiot and that I should bring you straight back!" Devlin laughed and turned towards the girl. "Oh now I never said that magic didn't have its uses just that the users of magic tend to be worthless!" Devlin laughed good-naturedly as he waited for the man to answer his suggestion.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:19 am

"My village? Oh? You mean the one that was WIPED OUT by a horde of warriors as ignorant as YOURSELF? Oh, yes. Plenty of humor about all of my kin who were SLAUGHTERED." Asty huffed angrily. This had touched off a cord in the man, apparently.. and he didn't seem to be lying.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

moving the plot along

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:05 am

Bunny was correct in her assumption. DeMalo was not pleased one bit. "If you too are finished, I'd like to finally get down to bus'ness!" snapped the Cap'n as he walked down the stairs, passed the hooded girl and onto the floor.

"My name... is Captain Samuel DeMalo... I'm the one who is hiring you four." said the Cap'n as he got between the two.

"And if I am to even hire SOME of you, I need all those participating... to work as a cohesive unit." he snapped, glaring at the two.

"Unfortunately... *flashes a mean stare at Tibbs* you have yet to informed of where you are even going." he added.

"Well... Cap'n... I kinda guessed it, as I'm assuming you other three have as well, by the incredibly large sum of money you are promising. 10,000 to be exact. That's not something to spent on regular merc jobs. I know that from experience." piped up Duile as he finally decided to join in on the conversation. The argument between the warrior and the mage was no longer amusing to him.

"You are correct... Mr...?" asked the Cap'n.

"Coppermirth... Duile Coppermirth, at your service." replied the Half-Elf doing a small bow.

"Yes... well I be hopin' that your experience will be comin' in handy... Duile. You're going to need it for where you are going." said the Cap'n, who was obviously falling back into his old sailor's accent.

"And that just happens to be... where?" asked Duile, who was curious as to what he would be doing for this current job.

"Eva hear of a place called.... Belvoken?" asked DeMalo.

bunnygirle78

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:24 pm

Bunny felt her stomach twist.

"Th. ..that place is. . .is horrible." She said shaking. "All of the animals that live near there are gone." She said sadly. "They know its a bad place." She sighed and looked up at him, her face still hidden. "Please sir, may I ask why you need to go to such a place?"

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:32 am

At the mention of there destination Devlin's grin wilted a bit before he shrugged and looked over at the mage then back to the captain. "Well it is going to be a bit more fun than I am used to. But it shouldn't be a problem!" Devlin's grin came back in full. "So when do we leave?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:43 am

"Fun?" Bunny said staring at Devlin. "Well I supose if you like to fight it. . would be fun." She said tilting her head.

GiftedRichard

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:16 am

"Adventure, Fighting, Finding Treasure its all part of the fun!" Devlin said noding to the girl. "Besides that this place is.. Well Legandary and I bet we will be the first to go there in a long while!" Devlin's grin spread across his whole face as he took on a far away look. He reached over his shoulder and pats his axe. "Soon we will be at it again my friend soon."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:58 am

Astrynax removed himself from his bitter resignation long enough to quirk an eyebrow. No, he didn't know about the place. Was he supposed to? He had been on vacation, for God's sakes. Why should he care about..

"Whatever the case is, girl, that's where the job is set, and now that we're all here.. for better or worse, there's little point in not going."

He didn't have any comments on this man's eagerness to go to combat. Just like the Moogle.. why, here was a new rant he could go on..

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:46 pm

"Ah great... Belvoken? Why do you need us to go to that god forsaken place?" asked Duile, ignoring Devlin's seemingly happy attitude about the situation. Duile then realized why the reward had been so great.

DeMalo sighed, and looked forlorn. "While I was away on a business call... " said the Cap'n, before stopping again.

"It doesn't matter at times how much money you have... when you have something greater to be responsible for... all the money in the world doesn't matter." said the Captain through oncoming sobs.

"Your kids... right?" asked Duile, while folding his arms. The Cap'n nodded in reply.

"Myra and Fredrick are... are... always so adventurous... always curious about places of legend. *sighs* They know how much I at times dislike their want to explore new places. Specially dangerous ones." said the Cap'n as he walked over to the window that over looked that section of the city.

"So while I was away, they talked their guardian into going to that gods awful hell hole. Jonesy, their guardian, had apparently never believed in Belvoken... so he took them." said the Captain as he looked back to the assembled party.

"My men aren't trained too well in land battle. They're sea dogs by birth. So... I figured I should hire some skilled warriors. People who are used to danger." finished DeMalo.

"Well... I don't know about these others, but I am pretty used to danger. Just that places like Belvoken are considered suicide." replied Duile as he leaned back against a wall, pondering on wether he should change his practices when choosing jobs from now on.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:02 pm

Bunny stared at the Captin for a second.

"I knew you were feeling sad." She said feeling sorry for him. "I'm in." Bunny said.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs