The Next Crisis

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Re:

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:40 pm

"You know, I'm not realy sure, but when I saw you, those words popped into my head, but I do believe it means 'Really Really Big Guy', but don't ask me how I know, because I don't. Still, the 'translation' makes sense, you are very very Da."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: The Next Crisis

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Xiao Long gave a big toothy grin and said, "Yes, that's a compliment."

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:36 am

Seryntas shrugged. "If you say so. How the hell can you speak a language you don't know, anyway?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:17 pm

Kilisha had cooled off after Seryntas had explained his sarcasm.

The ship, meanwhile, was now beginning to pick up some speed.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:48 pm

"I'm not sure... the word just kind of... pops into my head, if you know what I mean. It all started when i was about nine. I just made these sounds, and when my dad asked me what they meant, I told him what they meant, but I never really knew how I knew the language or how I understood it."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:11 am

"You must have... learned it sometime, and then... forgot about it," Kilisha said. "A lot of people... don't remember when... they learned to talk."

She paused and began to look thoughtful.

"I have to... think about my words... because the demons... that imprisoned me... didn't even... allow me to talk," she said.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:48 pm

"Hm... yeah. My father had come up with a number of theories on where I came from. Most of them were a joke, but one of his more serious ideas was that I was from a some remote civilization that was about to be destroyed, or taken over. My parents must have sent me away, knowing that I would be 'Their Great Savior', as my father put it."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:58 pm

"Or you could be the kid of the village idiot, that didn't die thanks to dumb luck. Besides, if your civilization was destroyed, who's left to be the great savior of?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:10 pm

"Hm... your very pessimistic, you know? Sheesh, can't even entertain you with one of my dad's old dumb jokes... Plus, maybe their in the process of dieing." Xiao Long said, who then stuck her tongue out at Seryntas.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:42 pm

Seryntas rolled his eyes. "And no one thought you might just have some sort of mental problem that makes you spurt out random crap in a strange language? I used to think there was some magical reason I kept hearing voices in my head. There isn't, it's just that my brain doesn't work right."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:51 pm

"That's awesome," Xiao Long said, "You've always got someone to talk to then." Then, after a short pause, she continued, "You know what, you have a good point. Maybe this language of mine is all just in my head, and I'm just a little loco."

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/11/04 9:39 am

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:12 am

(OOC: Err, I don't think the word "schizophrenic" exists on Gaera. Recall that they have scientific knowledge about equal to that of Renaissance Europe.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:38 am

(OOC:Oh.. you have a good point... I'll go back and change that.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:27 pm

Seryntas shook his head. "What the voices do isn't anything approaching conversation, believe me. Since I got on this ship, all the voices have been telling me to do is jump in the water in full armor and drown myself, which is a step up than the bloody self-tortures they were suggesting last week."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:34 pm

"Oh... that sounds... depressing..." she said, looking a little gulm and sad for her new found "friend". "How about we talk about something... a little more cheerful."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:06 pm

(OOC: I'll push this forward soon if nobody continues the conversation.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:09 pm

"I don't care. You two can sit and talk all day if you want, I'm going to see if anyone on this ship has a set of free-weights I can use."

With that, Seryntas jumped to his feet and went straight for the nearest relatively idle-looking sailor.

"Hello," the bounty hunter said, "Do you know anyone on this ship who has a set of free-weights I can use? I need to exercise."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:08 am

"Free weights?" asked the sailor in a heavy, rough voice. "Aye. I just happen to have some myself."

Meanwhile, Kilisha had been trying to think of something cheerful.

"You wouldn't... happen to have... gone through Riva... lately, have you?" she finally asked.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:31 pm

"Riva... No, not lately," replied Xiao Long, thinking, "I went through there to get to Doma, but that was a while back. The placed seemed to be a relatively peaceful place, though I heard in one of the pubs talk about a revolution against the dragoons. Why do you ask?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:09 pm

"It's where... I am from," said Kilisha.

She then looked back at the port as it fell away into the distance.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:11 pm

"Oh..." Xiao Long said, thinking. She didn't say any more, as it seemed that Kilisha was deep in thought, and she didn't want to appear to be a bother... but... "So do you know your parents?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:00 pm

"I did," answered Kilisha. There was a hint of sadness in her voice now. "But I... haven't seen them... for a long time."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:50 am

"Oh, I see, How long has it been?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:22 pm

"I think... about nine years," said Kilisha. "The last time... I saw them... was when I was fourteen. And still human."

Damn those demons, she thought. And damn that succubus... Tristil... even more.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:05 pm

"Oh," Xiao Long responded. [/i]It's been three years since i left my hometown, Xanadour,[/i] she thought. Xanadour was a very small village that almost no one knew about. Xiao Long thught about the palces she used to go to in her childhood; the stream, the big tree in the middle of the village.

(OOC: I'm all out of ideas to talk about.)

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:18 pm

(OOC: Okay. I'll move this onward pretty soon. But before that, does anyone object to me using d20 and order of initiative in the future battles?)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:34 pm

(OOC: Well, I don't mind, but I don't know about Spleen. You might want to take a look at the notice i posetd in the OOC forum. Spleen's been grounded, and he's handed Seryntas over to me, again. So, I really don't care, but I don't know about Spleen. I'll talk to him tomorrow at school, see what he says.)

(Edit: I talked to Spleen today, he says he doesn't care, but was skeptical, because, according to him, freeestyle shouldn't be using dice. If this isn't freestyle anymore, then he doesn't see any problem with it, he just wants to know if it's still freestyle.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/29/04 5:47 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:34 pm

(OOC: I don't know what it's called, but here's how it works: I'll determine the order of initiative from what it would be in Philsys. If there is no Philsys rating for a character, then I'll just take an educated guess at that character's Agility and Courage. When a character's turn comes up, the character's RPer tells what the character tries to do, then I'll roll d20 to see if it works. If the dice lands on 18 to 20, a critical hit is scored. 11 to 17, a regular hit is scored. 4 to 10 is a regular miss. If it's 1 to 3 a critical miss occurs.

It's what Ash is doing in "Daring or Stupid.")

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 5/18/04 5:49 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat May 01, 2004 3:43 pm

The voyage passed mostly without any major trouble. Kilisha kept mostly to herself and Jeshua was almost never seen. The ship sailed eastward for several days, passing south of Barius, then turned north. After several more days, the ship reached the waters off of the eastern Valthi coastline.

Finally, the transport arrived the small port town where they were supposed to disembark. As the rest of the passengers left the ship, Jeshua waited by the gangplank for the rest of the group. Kilisha was the first to arrive, and she waited with him in silence.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 01, 2004 4:51 pm

Xiao Long and Seryntas walked over to the gangplank, Xiao Long skipping along, and Seryntas wwith a look of pure annoyance on his face.

"Must you skip around like that?" he asked.

"Well, I wanna. Why, you got a problem with my skipping?" Then she began to skip right in front of Seryntas, and he looked like he was about to swat her. He reached down with one hand, picked her up by the scruff of her neck, and put her aside, walking past her, and over to Jeshua.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:42 pm

To the north, the Shuman Mountains could be seen rising into the sky, their snow covered peaks like clouds.

"Our destination is in those mountains," said Jeshua, waving to the mountains. "Let's go."

With that, they set off again. The party journeyed across the land of Valth. Every day, the distant mountains drew a little closer until, finally, the four travellers stopped at the foot of one.

"What are we... stopping here for?" asked Kilisha.

Jeshua spitefully ignored her. After waiting for an answer for a moment, Kilisha let out a sigh of disgust.

"Fine," she said, then turned to Xiao Long and Seryntas. "Would... one of you... mind asking him?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:58 pm

Xiao Long stepped up to Jeshua, and put on her sweetest smile and said, in her sweetest little voice, "Mr. Jeshua, sir, why are we stoppin gat the base of the mountain?" As she said this, she bat her eyelashes at him, trying very hard to woo him into giving her an answer.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed May 05, 2004 1:03 pm

"I felt..." Jeshua began, then paused.

Jeshua had stopped because he had felt an energy signature on the astral plane that matched that of the mana pool. Now he took a moment to perform a full astral scan.

"We will need to climb this mountain," he said after completing his scan.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:50 pm

"So, now we're just going to go up the mountain straight away?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri May 07, 2004 6:32 pm

"Would that be a problem?" Jeshua asked.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri May 07, 2004 7:59 pm

"No, not a problem," She said, then thought about it and said, "Hold on, why is it that we've suddenly changed plans?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat May 08, 2004 1:01 pm

"I need to check on something," Jeshua said vaguely.

He didn't intend to let the secret of the mana pool out just yet. At this point, any one of these mercenaries could still potentially run off and spread word of it around, thus causing an unnecessary panic. He doubted that they would do that, but he felt that it was better to be safe than sorry.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 08, 2004 2:57 pm

"Oh!" Xiao Long said, stamping her foot, crossing her legs, and pouting, "What is up with this guy? He won't tell us a thing..."

Seryntas came up next to him, looked at her and asked the obvious, "So, he still hasn't said a word about our mission?"

"Nope, nothing."

"Probably best not to push him. He'll tell us sooner or later."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:16 am

With that settled, Jeshua turned and looked up the mountain. It didn't look like it would be exceedingly difficult to climb. It would take a while, and there were a few fairly steep places, but what the group faced was still basicly nothing more than a tall, rocky slope.

Kilisha, ready to get moving, began strolling forward. But as soon as she put her foot down on the first part of the ground that could be considered mountainside, she began to hear a crackling sound...

(Avoid Trap: d20-Roll 15)

Reacting to the sound quickly, the succubus threw herself backwards. Although she paid the price of a hard landing on her back-end, she saved herself from a potentially much more serious injury.

The stone where Kilisha's foot had been continued to crackle for a second, then suddenly began to fall away, crumbling into a dark abyss that had been hidden below it. Lisha looked at the new hole for a moment, then bolted away as it began to spread.

Fortunately, the edge of the hole didn't come much closer to the group than it was already. The sides away from the group, however, continued to spread until a large pit, about six feet across, was revealed.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:31 pm

Xiao Long skipped along up the mountain, but when she heard Lisha screaming, she came to an abrupt stop. "Oh my god, Lisha, watch out!" She quickly made a dash up the hill to escape the enlarging hole, but stop when she saw it stopped moving towards them.

Seryntas stood his ground, watching as the whole got bigger. When it stopped getting bigger, he said, "What do you think could've caused it?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs