The Next Crisis

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Good thing I don't have arachnophobia

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:27 pm

Xiao Long heard Seryntas's call and looked up, seeing one of the trees coming down at her. She immediately moved, getting out of the way of most of the trees that were coming down at her. Still, one of them she couldn't get away from. She quickly rolled up into a ball and hopped for her best. Thankfully, the tree trunk missed by mere inches, but the tree branches left her with a rrather deep gash on her left arm. She quickly got back up on her legs, though, knowing that there might e more trees coming down. She grabbed up her swords and quickly ran off, holding her bleeding arm to try and stop up the blood. Thankfully, the gash cut wasn't too deep, and she was still able to use her swords.

Just then, she heard Kilisha cry for help. She ran off in the direction of the yelling, and made sure to keep an eye on anymore falling trees. By that time, though, most of the trees had already fallen, so she concentrated on finding Kilisha. When she did, she found the succubus pinned under a spider. She jumped up onto the arachnid's back and attempted to plunge her two swords into the monstrosity's back.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:14 pm

Seryntas was struck obliquely with a falling tree, his armor absorbing most of the blow, but still the force was sufficient to knock the bounty hunter off his feet. Fortunately, Seryntas was made of tougher stuff than most men, and got up a second later, grumbling about the bruise that would be forming on his chest. He retrieved his dropped sword and rejoined the fray, rushing the nearest spider with a wild cry and preparing to put the blade through its eye.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:32 am

As Xiao Long's swords pierced the creature's back, the creature squealed loudly, spraying some of its internal juices into Kilisha's face. Kilisha turned her face away and gagged. Keeping its mind singularly focused on attacking the succubus, the spider continued to push toward her, but it began to grow weaker and the succubus found it easier to hold it back.

The first spider that Seryntas found sprang at him immediately. However, the bounty hunter got his sword between himself and the creature's eye just a split-second too late for the creature to stop itself. The spider's head ran up onto the sword, then the creature pulled itself back off, staggered around for a moment, and collapsed. Meanwhile, two more spiders crept upon Seryntas' flanks and lunged at him.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:36 pm

(OOC: Wow, in my head, these monsters have been getting bigger and bigger. The spiders are only a couple of feet long, right? I've been reading old posts.)

Seryntas was taken off-guard by the dual attack as they clung to him, but kept his balance and attempted to throw the creatures off, battering the rightmost one with the hilt of his sword.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Xiao Long withdrew her swords from the slowly dieing spider's back, the once shiny blade now covered in the the spider blood. Xiao Long made sure not to retch at the sight of the goo. Thankfully, her stomach was made of tougher things. As the spider ((I'm assuming)) finally died and Kilisha was able to get out from behind the spider, Xiao Long asked "Are you alright?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:00 am

(OOC: Spleen is correct that they are "only" a couple of feet long.)

The spider Seryntas hit with the hilt of his sword was knocked off of him and to the ground. Landing on its back, it began squirming around, having difficulty turning itself over. The other spider, however, clung to Seryntas and refused to be thrown off. The creature then tested the bounty hunter's armor with a bite, but not as hard of a bite as the one that had resulted in the breaking of the earlier spider's jaws. Seeing that it wasn't going to get its stingers through the mythril plate, it began to look for an unarmored area on the human.

Kilisha pushed the spider Xiao Long had stabbed off of herself when it finally became too weak to put up a fight, shoving it to the side to die as she scrambled back to her feet. Letting out a sound of disgust, she wiped the sleeves of her shirt over her face to clear away the liquid that had sprayed her.

"I'm... not hurt," she replied to the elf.

Just then, she heard a rustling sound and turned to see two more spiders approaching through the leaves. One moved straight toward Xiao Long while the other moved straight toward Kilisha.

"I see you... this time," Kilisha told the one that came toward her, getting her claws ready.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:40 pm

Seryntas' armor was well-designed, leaving no unarmored spots below his neck. However, a love of peripheral vision induced Seryntas long ago to wear a very open helmet, with little protection for his face and neck. Despite scarring caused by this penchant, he still prefers to wear this helmet, and in fact was at that moment, providing a very open target for the spider.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:28 am

Xiao Long saw the other spider rush at her, and so lowered her swords and charged at the spider. At the last minute, though, she jumped over the spider, lightly stepped on its back and landed behind it. She then turned around and slashed at the spider's two hind legs.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/17/06 0:30

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Finding the bounty hunter's neck, the spider's jaws shot forward. The creature's venom wouldn't prove lethal, especially to such a large person, but it would create a long lasting pain that would prove significantly more severe than a hornet sting.

Kilisha dashed at the spider that was approaching her. As she came near, the spider leaped up at her, but the succubus swiped her claw and knocked the creature away to the side.

Even though Xiao Long was no longer in front of it, the spider she attacked continued charging forward even as its back legs fell away behind it. Eventually, it disappeared into the web of leaves and branches that had been behind the elf before she jumped over the creature. A moment later, though, it turned, came back, and sprang up at her face.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:27 pm

"ARGH!" Seryntas screamed as he felt the venom enter his neck. He dropped his sword and grabbed the spider by the head with both hands, attempting to either pull it off him or crush its head between his gauntlets, whatever seemed easier.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:45 am

Xiao Long watched as the spider mindlessly sprang at her, shaking her head. As the spider rushed at her, she extended her two swords in one sweeping motion at the arachnid's head, hoping to spear the spider on the ends of her swords.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:58 pm

Seryntas

The spider's exoskeleton was too hard to just crush. Pulling the creature away proved to be the easier of the two options, but it was still a difficult task. When Seryntas finally succeeded, the spider bit at his arm to no effect, then sprang away, meanwhile, the other spider had recovered from the momentary daze, and so it leapt up at him.

Xiao Long

As the wood elf's swords came directly into the creature's path of motion, the spider's head became skewered upon them. However, the blades apparently didn't go through anything vital, for the spider immediately pushed itself back off. Landing squarely on its feet, the creature darted along the ground toward its enemy.

Kilisha

Pursuing the spider she had just whacked, Kilisha caught up to the creature before it could stand itself back up. Stomping her boot down onto the thing, the succubus heard a crunching sound in the monster's bones accompanied by a sharp squeal. Springing away from her, the creature found its footing and began backing away, as a few small streams of yellowish liquid began to run out of the cracks that had opened in its hide.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:15 pm

Holding his wounded neck with his left hand, Seryntas swung his gauntleted right hand in an wide backhand arc that would (he hoped) intercept the arachnoid missile. He knew there wasn't enough power behind the blow to even daze the creature again, but at least he could get the damned thing away from his face. I really ought to start wearing a closed helmet, Seryntas mused.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:33 pm

"Seems I missed," she said to no one in particular. She then smiled a devilish smile. She quickly felt around in her backpack without looking and pulled out a length of good rope. She then pulled it taut and just as the spider was within reach, she tried to twist out of the way of the spider, but left a loop out to the side which she attempted to loop around the spider's neck. If this succeeded, she'd quickly jump onto the spider's back, hoping to use it as some sort of bizarre mount. Or make it easier to kill it. Whichever seemed more illogical.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:33 pm

Seryntas

Seryntas' fist intercepted the spider in the air and succeeded in sending it back to the ground. Landing on its feet, the creature immediately leapt at him again. Its partner also prepared to spring again, but suddenly let out a squeal of pain as the spear of an orc stabbed through its back and pinned it to the ground. The orc holding the spear lifted the weapon up and pushed the corpse off with its free hand. The orc then placed its hand back over a bite on its arm and watched the human.

Xiao Long

Spiders don't have necks, but the loop did catch itself around the creature's body above its front legs. However, the spider didn't stop its charge because of this. Instead, it kept running in the same direction away into the branches, pulling the rope along and Xiao Long with it if she held on.

Kilisha

Kilisha stood off with the spider for a moment, waiting for a chance to attack. Suddenly, she feinted a kick at the creature's face, to which the creature responded by snapping its jaws at her foot as she pulled it away. As soon as it did this, the succubus sent her foot back towards the monster with her real kick. However, though the kick did hit the creature hard enough to smash its forehead in, the creature's body was still able to carry out its brain's final command. It grabbed Kilisha's foot with its front legs before she could pull it back, climbed up her leg, and bit her just above the knee. The succubus let out a scream, grabbed her knee with both hands, and pushed the creature off. As the creature fell down motionless, Kilisha cringed and glanced around the small clearing to see if any more spiders had arrived. So far, none had.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:09 pm

Xiao Long was taken a back by the spider's lack of a neck, but never the less her plan had worked. Now came a necessary judgement call. The spider rushed forward recklessly, and it would probably go running around in a place that wouldn't be very nice to someone sitting on top of a spider. Xiao Long weighed the consequences and decided on the most rational thing to do (or at least she thought so).

She pulled up on the rope as hard as she could.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:51 am

Seryntas was better prepared for the next attack, balling both of his armored hands into fists and slamming them down at the attacking spider.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:04 pm

Xiao Long

Jolted backwards by the tug on the rope, the spider stopped its blind dash. It took a second to determine its next course, then turned completely around, believing the tug to have come from something behind itself. However, it saw nothing, so it only stared forward in confusion, not realizing that the wood elf sat on top of it.

Seryntas

This time, a crunch was heard when the impact was made between Seryntas' fists and the spider's face. The creature fell back down to the ground, landing on its feet again. But this time, instead of immediately leaping back up at the bounty hunter again, the creature staggered around as it moved in his general direction.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 4/18/06 1:34

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:25 pm

Seryntas attempted to gain the advantage back by jumping a small distance into the air and attempting to land on the spider's head, hopefully crushing it under his impressive weight.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:12 pm

((Err.... I'm sitting on the spider's back... does his head swivel 360 degrees?))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:20 pm

(OOC: It'd only have to swivel 180 degrees, stupid.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:11 pm

((Either way, how many spiders have you encountered that coudl swivel its head more than 90 degrees?))

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:13 am

(OOC: I somehow missed the fact that Xiao Long jumped onto the spider's back. However, my post, and therefore the past itself, has been editted.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:31 pm

Xiao Long pondered her next move, and decided to try and spur the spider like a horse. She attempted to dig her heels into the spider's side, and tugged a little bit to ensure that the spider didn't crash into anything if it made a mad dash. She also made sure to grab on tight.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:17 pm

Seryntas

Since its head was swimming from the last blow, the spider thought nothing about moving out of the way. Seryntas landed on the creature's head and immediately got spider brains all over his feet.

Xiao Long

The spider responded to the kick in the sides by spinning to one side and then the other, launching a fierce bite at the air in both directions. Growing ever more confused now, the creature decided that the best thing to do would be to remove itself from the situation. But instead of taking off in a dash, it simply began to dig at the dirt below itself. In only a couple of seconds, the spider had disappeared from beneath Xiao Long's legs into the ground, leaving only an unstable hole no bigger than itself behind. A moment later, the dirt collapsed around Xiao Long's rope, but the creature continued to pull against it, this time not stopping just because of the tug.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:12 am

Seryntas made an angry noise. "Ah, bull-shit," he said, drawing the word out. "Stinging wound on my next and brains on my boots."

Seryntas looked around for his next opponent, and saw Xiao Long. "What're you doing, kid?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:02 pm

Xiao Long saw the spider begin to dig into the ground, attempted to keep it from burrowing under, but wasn't able to hold it. Rather than risk following it underground, she let go of the rope.

"Oooh.. and that was a good length of rope, too..." Xiao Long said to herself.

"What're you doing, kid?" She heard this and turned towards the large armored man.

"Trying to catch a ride," was all she replied with. "Come on. Wanna go find some more spiders to play with?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Kilisha ran to join the other two, although the bite on her leg still stung.

"Got you too... did they?" she asked Seryntas, seeing his neck. "Maybe we should... try to... find..."

Just then, Kilisha noticed that the ground was shaking. The tremor was only slight at first, but it began to grow stronger. Then, with the sound of an explosion, several rocks flew up into the air from somewhere just outside the patch of fallen trees. A few moments later, the orc shaman entered the area where the mercenaries stood.

The orc who had helped Seryntas a moment earlier turned to face the shaman. The shaman gave the warrior a few grunts in the orcish language, then the warrior gave a salute and took off in the direction of the noise. The shaman then spoke to the mercenary party.

"More spiders have just shown up, and there's a big one coming with them," he said.

Having seen the size of the spiders that weren't "big," Kilisha couldn't say that she liked that news.

"If any of you need a quick healing spell, now's the time to ask," the shaman finished.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Xiao Long smiled and put her hands on the back of her head.

"I think they need it more than I do." She said, smiling sheepishly.

She then took her swords and cleaned them off, resheathing them. She then retrieved her bow and checked her quiver to see how many arrows she had.

"When you two lazy butts are ready, let's go have some more fun," she said, grinning to them.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 pm

"I don't need any healing," Seryntas growled. "Just take me to what I'm supposed to kill next."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:27 pm

(OOC: I've finally got a little spare time.)

"I don't really... need any healing... either," said Kilisha.

"Fine," said the shaman. "Just follow me then."

The shaman led the group back in the direction he had come from. Within a few moments they were clear of the fallen tree. Several more yards ahead, a group of orcs was fighting with a group of spiders. Beyond that, the "big spider" the shaman had mentioned was charging forth along with several more of the normal spiders.

There wasn't much difference between the appearance of this creature and that of the other spiders. However, this creature's body was a good four feet long and its legs were each about eight feet long. At the speed it was moving, it would be on the orcs in just a few seconds.

"I'll need you three to stop that thing," the shaman said.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: The Next Crisis

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:32 pm

"Heh, looks like fun," Xiao Long said and ran off towards the large spider before anyone could stop her to come up with a plan.

She had her bow in her hand and nocked an arrow. She aimed for a spot where the carapace of the creature was jointed, and let fly the arrow. She did the same thing one more time before dropping her bow to the ground and taking up her two swords.

As soon as she got in front of the spider, she attempted to jump onto the spider's back, which she realized halfway up might not have been the best idea.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:17 am

"Stupid kid!" Seryntas yelled. Then to Kilisha: "Flank it! I'll take the left. Get its attention away from the kid so she doesn't get killed!"

Not even waiting for a reply, Seryntas charged in with his sword held high, roaring, preparing to hack at the closest leg.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:17 pm

The two arrows Xiao Long fired struck the creature in its front shoulder joint, but the monstrous spider continued to come forward without slowing. However, since the wood elf had its attention now, it was coming for her instead of the orcs. When she tried to jump onto it from the front, the spider swung one of its front legs at her, hitting the girl in mid-air and knocking her to the ground. The creature then followed up with a charge, meaning to snap its jaws down on her while she was still down.

Fortunately, Seryntas' blade hacked into the creature's leg before it's jaws reached Xiao Long, causing it to stumble. Swinging around to face the warrior, it opened its jaws to send its bite at him.

Meanwhile, Kilisha had dashed to the spider's right flank. As the monster turned to face Seryntas, the succubus shot an arrow that drove into the back of the creature's right shoulder joint. Stumbling again, the spider's bite was again delayed.

Just then, two of the smaller spiders that had arrived with the large one came to join the fight with the mercenaries. Creeping up behind Kilisha, they both launched themselves at her back. The succubus, however, had been alert enough to notice them, so she threw herself to the side and rolled out of their way.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Xiao Long lifted herself from the floor and shook her head, trying to get the ringing out of her ears. She looked about her and quickly came back to her senses. She grabbed her swords and ran again at the large spider, this time running under the spider. As she ran, she poked upwards with her sword into the belly of the spider, hopefully skewering something vital as she ran.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:47 pm

Seryntas changed his grip on his greatsword and drove it down at the giant spider like a spear.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:36 am

Xiao Long's sword cut through the monster's underbelly, leaving a large cut wound behind. Seryntas' sword stabbed through the creature's face. With its head trapped on the weapon, the creature jabbed one of its front legs at the man and kicked one of its back legs at the girl.

Kilisha, facing the two smaller spiders and readying another arrow, lept aside as they jumped at her again. She then turned and fired the arrow, hitting one of the creatures as it landed. The creature collapsed lifelessly to the ground as its partner turned to charge again.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:55 am

Xiao Long had not expected a counterattack from the spider, and so was hit in the back and sent sprawling. Instinctively, though, she had grabbed onto the spider's leg, and not held it tight in her hand. She was at a loss as to what to do next with the carapace covered leg.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:13 am

(OOC: Over two months now... Let's see if this thing can't be resurrected.

Looks like Spleen skips his turn. ^^;;)

The jab from the giant spider's leg knocked Seryntas down, breaking his grip on the sword which remained stuck in the creature's face.

The spider began to shake its back leg, trying to free it from Xiao Long's grasp.

Kilisha fired another arrow at the remaining small spider as it began to charge her. At the close distance, the creature had no chance of dodging, so the arrow drove straight through its face, knocking it backwards and killing it. But just as the succubus was turning to face the large creature, she noticed three more of the small spiders approaching.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Rebirth

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:51 am

"Yah yah yah yah" Xiao Long said, being shaken around by the spider. She was beginning to become nauseous, so she quickly attempted to climb up the spider's leg, using her swords to help her by digging them into the spider's leg where she could.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs