The Next Crisis

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Seethe347

New Order

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:08 am

The creature looked at Jeshua for a moment. Then, satisfied that it had found who it was looking for, it drew it's fist back and began to lumber towards him, seemingly unaware of the mercenaries.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 2/21/04 8:26 am

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: New Order

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:44 pm

Seryntas regained his composure quickly when he realized what they were dealing with. "I hate the undead." The bounty hunter interposed his own massive form between the creature and its target and drew his arms back in an almost perfect and unknowing impression of a baseball batter, hands still grasping the hilt of his greatsword like a bat. He stood fully prepared to seperate the zombie's head from its shoulders if it failed to stop its blind lurching.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:47 am

The zombie didn't stop. It kept charging, not showing any signs that it acknowledged the threat that the blade posed.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:05 pm

Seryntas swung his greatsword in a wide arc, centrifugal force almost sending the blade flying from his hands. It came down with crashing force against the creature's neck.

(OOC: Unless this is some sort of special zombie, his ass is grass.)

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:54 pm

The blade cleaved through the zombie's neck. A moment later, the undead creature's head was rolling in the grass. However, the rest of the creature kept moving towards Jeshua. The mage sidestepped just before the creature took a swing at him, its fist passing through empty air.

Kilisha, having finally regained her composure and stood back up, launched a flying kick into the creature's back. She heard a few of the creature's ribs crunch, but the creature didn't seem to care.

The creature seemed able to detect Jeshua's location, even without being able to see him. However, without the eyes in its head, the best it could do was move towards him and flail about. Jeshua did his best to keep his distance.

"Keep hitting it!" Jeshua shouted. He then began trying to perform an astral scan of the creature.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:26 pm

"EEK," said Xiao Long when she saw that even chopping off the zombie's head didn't do anything. Great, if not ghosts, then zombies, she thought. She dashed at the zombie and tried to cut out it's legs, slicing her blades in a scissor-like motion when pulling them out of their sheaths.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:10 am

Cutting the zombies legs off wasn't too much of a challenge. The upper body of the thing fell to the ground. It then began dragging itself along with its arms, showing tremendous tenacity. It was beginning to look rather silly, though.

In this state, it didn't prove very hard for Jeshua to avoid, either. Without much trouble, he finished the astral scan.

"Alright," he said. "Crush its head."

Spleen

Re: ...

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:13 pm

Seryntas picked a decent-sized rock and slammed it with crushing force into the zombie's skull.

"That ought to do it."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:42 pm

As soon as the skull was crushed under the rock, the zombie's body stopped moving.

"He shouldn't give us any more trouble now," said Jeshua.

The group continued on into the town. Once they were through the gate, Kilisha looked at Jeshua and spoke up.

"So we've come to... Kohlingen," Kilisha observed. "Does this mean... that we're going to take a... ship up to Valth?"

"Yes," answered Jeshua. "And I've already made the arrangements. Let's head over to the port now."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:26 pm

Oh boy, a ship ride, my favorite, Xiao Long thought. She had been on a boat ride only once before, a fishing trip with her dad, and it had been disastrous. It came to be that she had very bad case of sea sickness. "Uh, guys, is it possible to get there any other way besides by boat? I get a very nauseous on boats."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:35 pm

"It would be possible," answered Jeshua. "But right now, we really must travel as quickly as possible."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:40 pm

"oh man, i have a bad feeling abotu this," Xiao Long said, not particualrly to anyone but herself. "Still, do you mind telling us why you've gotten us on this mission? I mean, it has to be important for you to be offering so much money."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:01 am

"It is important," answered Jeshua. "But I can't risk telling you right now."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:24 pm

"Hmph," Xiao Long said, "what could be so important you can't even tell those you're employing... O well..."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:14 pm

Hearing the "Oh well," Jeshua decided that the matter was closed.

"Anyway, our ship is probably waiting for us right now," he said, then turned and began walking.

The port of Kohlingen was as active as ever. Gulls circled overhead as an assortment of fishing boats, trade ships, and transport vessels entered and exited the dockyard, loading and unloading their cargo.

Upon arrival, Jeshua quickly spotted the small transport vessel that he had booked. The group made their way to the ship's gangplank. There, they were met by a man wearing a captain's hat, looking to be in his late fifties. The man apparently recognized the mage.

"Ye be Jeshua LaVonton, don't ye?" he asked.

"I am," said Jeshua.

"I'll need to see the tickets, then," said the captain.

Jeshua nodded and opened his pack (which was still on Kilisha's back). After digging around for a while, he finally produced four small pieces of paper. He handed them over to the captain.

"Good, good. Welcome aboard," the captain said with a grin, stepping aside.

(OOC: All still present, please board.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:31 pm

"Wow, you don't say," Xiao Long said, picking up the tin can, "My dad used to do that too, make his own polish, but the recipe died with him." She stopped and thought about her father, his cheery face, always telling her stories of when he was young, out fighting demons and monsters. "Hey, why don't you sit down here. I'm feeling kind of lonely and I have a feeling this is going to be a long ride."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A] at: 3/12/04 6:40 pm

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:52 pm

Xiao Long walked over the gangplank, feeling it creak under her small body. Wonder how Da Jia Huo will get across this thing... As she walked onto the boat, she immediately felt her stomach churn. She walked around, trying to get her bearings on the litle ship, and trying to find out where everything was located. Finally, she contentedly sat down on deck and began polishing her two Jians.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:01 pm

Seryntas set a cautious foot on the gangplank and slowly put more weight on it until he was sure it would withstand his full 260 armored pounds. He climbed the ship and glanced about, watching the crew. Eventually he found Xiao Long, polishing her swords. He walked unsteadily across the deck until he reached her, fumbling around his back and eventually finding a small tin container in a pocket on his sheath. He dropped it next to her. "Try that. I mix it myself...it'll keep your swords a lot shinier a lot longer than the stuff you're using. All the merchant-made polish is a sham. They make it so you use it up fast so you need to come back for more."

Seethe347

Unpleasant Business

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:48 pm

An elvish crewman happened to notice Jessie before he boarded.

"Look who it is!" he shouted in a rather displeased tone of voice.

Three more elves arrived and looked at the scholar.

"Hey captain," one of them called.

The captain looked at the elven sailor.

"Yer not lettin him on here, are ya?" the sailor asked, pointing at the scholar.

"Why do ya ask?" the captain inquired.

"That guy's not too popular with us," the sailor answered. "In fact, if ya let him on, I quit."

A nod of agreement and an "Aye" arose from the other elves.

The captain scratched his head and thought about this for a moment, then looked at Jeshua.

"Well, sorry 'bout this, but I'm afraid I can't let that man on. Them's some good sailors and I can't afford to lose 'em," the old man said.

"I see," Jeshua said. "Very well. I don't have time to squabble about this."

Jeshua then turned to Jessie.

"My apologies, sir," he said. "But I am afraid that I cannot continue your employment."

The mage then turned to walk up the gangplank, but Kilisha stopped him.

"Hey," she said.

Jeshua turned to face her.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Are you not... going to pay this man... anything for... his services?" asked the succubus.

"He hasn't finished the mission that I hired him for," replied the mage.

"But... that wasn't his... fault," Kilisha said. "He came... all the way from... Doma City. He even risked his... life defending you."

"But he didn't complete the mission," repeated the mage.

Kilisha scowled.

"If you don't... pay him something... I'm quitting too," she said angrily.

Jeshua glared at her, then turned around and walked up onto the ship. A moment later, though, he sighed and turned around.

"Fine," He said.

He then walked back down the gangplank, reached into the pouch on his belt, and took out a bag of coins.

"Here are 500 gil for your troubles," Jeshua said, handing the bag to the scholar.

The archmage then turned and walked back up on the ship, Kilisha following him. The two were silent as the gangplank was retracted and the ship launched. Once the ship began moving, Lisha finally spoke.

"Thank you," she told Jeshua.

Jeshua snorted and walked away towards the cabin. Kilisha sighed and walked over to sit down by Seryntas and Xiao Long.

"Drama," she said with another sigh.

Spleen

Re: Unpleasant Business

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:31 pm

Seryntas obliged with a grunt, settling his huge body down near Xiao Long's. "So you're an orphan, huh?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:41 pm

"Yes, I guess you can say that," Xiao Long replied, "i was found by my father in an abandoned city, and he adopted me, but was killed later by someone." She then sighed and continued, "I wish i knew who killed him, because if I did know who killed him, may the gods help that poor soul." When she said this, she felt some anger well up inside her, but she tried to suppress it.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:53 pm

Seryntas grunted again, and flicked a bug away that was crawling up his gauntlet. "Hmmph. Well I know who killed my parents, and he looks exactly like me. May the gods ignore his charred, decrepit soul...he's mine." He crushed the bug with a gauntletted thumb, and began to speak with the inflection of recitation. "'Run though ye may, deceivers and bringers of darkness, the burning light of Krad sees all, and cauterizes the wounds of the worlds, for as many a forest grows on volcanic slopes, so does the fertility of evil well burnt bring forth valor and honor.'"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:03 pm

"And what was that whole shpeal?" asked Xiao Long, looking Seryntas with a look of bewilderment.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:07 pm

"Ancient Elemaeran scripture. Book of Divine Justice, chapter 8, verses...I think 56-59."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:11 pm

"right.... so what happened to yiour parents, sounded really bad," said Xiao Long, eager to learn more about the people she would be traveling with.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:39 pm

"My twin brother, Sarakir, killed them both and framed me for it. For about the past six years, the driving force of my entire life has been finding him and killing him."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:19 pm

"oh... harsh..." Xiao Long replied, "it must be even worse knwoign who did it and not being able to kill him." She then pasued thoughtfully, opened the tin and polished her sword.
"So, Kilisha, what's your story?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:41 pm

"I used to be... human," Kilisha said to Xiao Long. "But I was turned... into what I am now... by a circle of... demonic magi. After that, a daemon master... a mazoku by the name of Selnu... decided that I was an... affront to his people. He... attacked the circle, hoping... to kill them and me... but I managed to... escape. Since then, I have... mainly been concerned... with not letting him catch me."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:57 pm

"Wow..." Xiao Long said, thinkign sbout it. "You know, this will probably be a very interesting trip."

Seethe347

Re:

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:40 am

"Why's that?" Kilisha asked curiously.

The ship had been moving and was now leaving the waters of the port.

Spleen

Re: Re:

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:30 am

Seryntas shook his head. "Don't say that, kid. The interesting trips are never the good ones, when you're a mercenary. Dull is normal. Dull is how you survive. 'Interesting' for mercanaries is a synonym for 'dangerous', or - if you're lucky - 'confusing'. Neither of those is ever good, especially if your pay is set beforehand."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:29 pm

"Hm... I guess that makes sense.." Xiao Long said, thinking about that. "You know, speaking of pay, what do you think our job is to have such a large sum being paid to us?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:06 pm

Seryntas shook his head. "No clue. Whatever it is though, I can almost guarantee it's going to be dangerous and possibly mean at least one of our deaths - especially now that there's one less of us."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:28 pm

"Oh, and you're optimistic, perfect."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:21 pm

Seryntas grunted once again, and it was probably becoming clear that it served to express a range of emotions for the bounty hunger. "I'm a realist, first and foremost. We're getting paid a lot, so it's not going to be a walk in the park. Plus now that the elf is gone, we've lost a quarter of our manpower - half, actually, because neither of you are men."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:22 am

"What's that... supposed to mean?" Kilisha asked in a rather agitated tone, suddenly getting a little hot under the collar as one does at times.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:29 am

"It's sarcasm. The word is 'manpower', which implies the power of men. I'm the only man left, besides that psychopath who hired us. Right?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:48 am

"Hmph... trust me, De Jia Huo, sarcasm doesn't work for you..."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:30 pm

"Dah Jah Ho?" Seryntas asked, butchering the pronunciation. "What the hell's that supposed to mean?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:47 pm

Seryntas gave Xiao Long a blank stare for a long moment. "I'm not quite sure whether to consider that a compliment or throw you off the side of the boat, kid. But whatever."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/5/04 12:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs