The Next Crisis

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: The Next Crisis

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Xiao Long was done looking over her bow and nocked an arrow to it, holding it at the ready. She didn't offer to take any of the torches, since she couldn't use a bow and hold a torch at the same time. As well, she had a natural affinity to seeing in the near darkness.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:55 am

Feeling that his end of the bargain had been fulfilled, the incubus suddenly bolted away. He now meant to escape the battlefield as quickly as he could and hoped that his captors would recognize that they had no right to pursue him.

Inside the tunnel, Ralik handed the torches he had made over to Kilisha.

"Must... report entrance... to chieftain," the orc said.

"We should... be alright... on our own," Kilisha responded.

The orc nodded, then left the tunnel.

"So... it looks like... we'll be going through here now," Kilisha announced to Xiao Long and Seryntas. "If nobody objects."

She paused for a moment to see if anybody would object, given that there could obviously be a trap waiting within.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 am

(OOC: Love how Spleen kind of dissappeared. I'll prod him)

Xiao Long peered into the murky darkness, but the fact that there might have been a trap didn't even occur to her. She shrugged. "I don't see why not," she said.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:58 am

"I like a little danger," Seryntas said with a grin. "Let's go."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:16 pm

With a nod, Kilisha turned to hold her lit branch into the darkness as she began moving into the passageway.

The tunnel was long, but mostly straight. Overall, the journey through was uneventfull. This was fortunate, as the branches didn't last long as torches When the group finally came to a large stone door at the end of the tunnel, they only had a few branches left. Next to the door, though, a proper torch was set in the wall, obviously to be used by the castle's commander if he decided to use the tunnel.

Kilisha lit the torch with the branch was currently using, then set about examining the door. Unfortunately, it seemed to open only from the other side.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Xiao Long walked over to the door, examining it. She saw no knob, nor any other means to open the door. She didn't think to look for the hinges, but she did think to do what she did whenever she couldn't figure out the answer.

She kicked it. Hard.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:23 am

A moment after Xiao Long kicked the door, a few cracks started to form in it. These cracks spread quickly until, after a few moments, the door crumbled.

As soon as the door was gone, through it came another giant spider.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Xiao Long saw the spider come through and quickly jumped back, although the spider had taken her by surprise. In truth, she hadn't expected the door to do anything but hurt her foot.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Seryntas shouldered Xiao Long out of his way and readied his greatsword in a defensive posture.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:14 am

The spider had opened its jaws and was about to lunge at Xiao Long when Seryntas pushed in front of her. So, it lunged at Seryntas. The jaws closed around his waist but didn't pierce his armor. However, it continued to exert its grip.

Kilisha stayed behind Seryntas as she readied her bow, but she moved in close enough to shoot at the spider without being likely to hit the human.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Xiao Long was taken a little off balance by the shove, but whipped around as she stumbled and let loose the arrow she had nocked at pointblank range. She then hit the floor with a small thud.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Seryntas gripped the ends of the mandibles in his hands and tried with all his might to pull them off of his waist.

"Some help would be nice!" he exclaimed, struggling.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Though she had been knocked off balance, Xiao Long's arrow shot at point blank struck the spider in the thorax. Meanwhile, Kilisha, hearing Seryntas' call for help, moved to an even closer range and fired her arrow straight into one of the creature's eyes. This ruined the eye that was hit and caused the spider to jerk back some and loosen its grip on Seryntas, allowing the bounty hunter to force its jaws off of himself.

In retaliation, the spider reached around Seryntas with one of its long legs and swiped at Kilisha, knocking her to the floor.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Xiao Long got up off the floor where she'd fallen and nocked another arrow to her bow. This time she aimed for the other eye of the spider and pulled the bow back as far as she chanced, fearing the bow might not be able to hold up to the strain. She fired as soon as she was sure she had a clear shot.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Seryntas saw Xiao Long readying the arrow out of the corner of his eye, and got out of the way as soon as possible, moving to cover a different angle from the girls.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:20 pm

After knocking Kilisha down, the spider pushed past Seryntas and charged Xiao Long. However, the wood elf’s arrow hit another of the spider’s eyes, staggering it again. The creature responded with another swipe with its leg, this one aimed at the wood elf.

Climbing back to her feet, Kilisha readied another arrow and shot it at the spider’s eyes, which had become a popular target. This struck and ruined the third eye of the monster, leaving it with only five eyes remaining (as it had eight eyes to begin with).

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Seryntas tried to leap onto the spider's back, hoping to knock it down under his impressive weight.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 pm

The leg came at Xiao Long, and she only barely had time to get out of the way of the leg, the sharp claw at the end leaving a small scratch on her leather armor. Xiao Long discarded her bow on the floor and drew out her swords, hoping to lop off the front two legs of the rather annoying arachnid in front of her.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:55 pm

The weight of a large man in armor proved quite a lot to bear. While carrying this weight, the creature was unable to avoid Xiao Long's swords and therefore lost two of its legs. The remaining six legs collapsed under the weight of the bounty hunter. At this point, the strain of Seryntas' weight above and the solid floor below proved too much for the spider's carapace. A crunching sound began to spread throughout the creature's body. Then, a second later, Seryntas was sitting in a pile of mashed spider.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:35 pm

Xiao Long giggled. "Maybe you should lay off on those donuts, Seryntas," she said, smirking.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:20 pm

Beyond the spider was more tunnel. One of the walls in this tunnel was busted down in one place. The spider had apparently entered from that point.

At the end of the tunnel, the party reached what appeared to be the back of a bookcase. Beside one of the books was a switch. Kilisha pushed the switch and the bookcase moved aside with the sound of turning gears.

Behind the bookcase was a study. Behind the desk in this study sat an incubus dressed in an ornate red robe. Seeing the party in the opening of the escape tunnel, the incubus stood and the rattle of chain mail sounded from beneath the robe.

"Guards!" he called, drawing a sabre from his belt. "We have intruders!"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:42 pm

As soon as Xiao Long saw the incubus sitting in the seat, she drew her swords and ran towards the incubus, leaping over the table to stab at the demon's throat.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:17 pm

The incubus got his sword up to quickly parry both of Xiao Longs blades. In the next movement, he whipped his sword forward, slashing at the wood elf's midsection.

Kilisha drew her knife, clasped it in her teeth, and pulled back an arrow in her bow. She then dashed up to the incubus and fired point-blank into his side. The arrow drove in and, though it didn't put the incubus down, the demon did grunt and stagger to the side. Kilisha then dropped her bow and took her knife back in hand.

At the same time, the door to the study flew open and an incubus in plate mail charged in with sword drawn. Behind this incubus was another similarly equipped demon. And out in the hall could be heard the sound a number of metal boots rushing forth.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm

As her first blade went wide, she gasped at the incubus' swordplay. He was obviuosly very skilled. She brought her other sword down to block the incubus's sword just in time. She then jumped back.

"Leave him to me," she said to Kilisha and Seryntas, "Take care of the rest of them." She then focused her attention on the incubus. She crouched low and sprang at the incubus, slashing at his sword and attempting to knock it out of his hand.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:55 pm

"Careful, kid, he looks like a wizard or something," Seryntas warned, turning square to the onrushing demon warriors with his sword readied before him.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:58 pm

The first demon through the door thrust its sword at Seryntas straight on while the second moved around to get at the human from the side. Kilisha dashed at this warrior, having left the robed demon to Xiao Long, and stopped its sword with her knife.

Since Xiao Long's strike was aimed at the robed incubus' sword, the incubus simply swished his weapon upward and out of the way. His next strike came immediately Xiao Long's head.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Xiao Long anticipated this and brought her other sword up to block the attack. As she did this, she shifted to the right so that the blade would glance off her sword and miss her. At the same moment, her other sword swung to the left, hoping to catch the incubus in the side with her sword.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:56 am

Seryntas shifted his bulk to one side with an ungainly hop, and the stab became a scrape across the armor on his side. However, the unbalanced defensive move on the bounty hunter's part prevented him from attacking or blocking the attack by the next incubus, who was fortunately foiled by Kilisha. "Thanks," Seryntas grunted as he regained his footing.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:13 pm

"Any time," Kilisha responded as she fought to hold back the incubus' sword with her knife.

Her opponent, keeping his sword locked against Kilisha's knife, seemed insistant on matching his strength against hers in hopes of forcing the smaller succubus off balance. After a moment, though, Kilisha shifted her weight and sent the incubus' weapon and momentum to the side, making her opponent the one to lose his balance. Following this up immediately, Kilisha jabbed her knife straight through the joint in the incubus' armor at the bottom of his chest, then kicked him back against his partner, sending both enemies to the floor.

Xiao Long's plan worked out well, sending the incubus' sword away from any good position to guard against the attack. The elf's sword successfully struck into the demon's side and left a deep gash. The demon took a step back, regretting having underestimated Xiao Long's skill, and chanted a quick incantation. A small bolt of lightning suddenly lashed out of the incubus' sword toward his opponent.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:31 am

Xiao Long inwardly cheered her successful attack, but was completely taken by surprise when the blot of lightning shot towards her. Because of the speed with which the lightning bolt arced and the distance between her and the icubus, she had nearly no time to escape. The only thing she could think to do was bring up her swords, crossing them in front of her, hoping to somehow shield her from the attack. since it was lightning, though, this probably did not help much.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:36 pm

Seryntas brought his sword down in an arc, trying to get at the head of the incubus at the top of the pile before him.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Crossing the swords didn't help much. The lightning bolt struck Xiao Long, jolting her enough to knock her off her feet. The incubus wizard took advantage of this by dashing in with a stab.

The incubus at the top of the pile was in no condition to defend, and thus Seryntas' sword came down and sliced into his head. Kilisha then knelt down and finished off the other incubus with a slice across the throat.

Just at this moment, another incubus guard reached the doorway. Charging in with sword raised, the demon swung its weapon in a downward chop at Seryntas.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Xiao Long hit the ground, pain coursing over her skin. Still, she had enough sense to tuck herself into a ball, rolling back and away from the incubus as far as her momentum would let her. Just as she ranout, she uncurled and flipped onto her foot, kneeling on the floor. She looked up and saw the glint of steel. The sword had just barely missed her, hitting the floor just in front of her. She quickly got to her feet and shuffled back a bit more, ready for any other attacks from the demon. Her fingers were numb, though, as were her arms. she could only barely feel the sword in her hands.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:14 pm

Seryntas came up with his own blade to parry, and then kicked out with a mailed boot.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Seryntas' parry stopped the attack and the kick then staggered it backwards. Kilisha then dashed at the enemy and grabbed him by the neck, digging her claws in deeply. With his throat ventilated, the incubus fell to the floor to expire.

Though still more guards were approaching, none were at the door at the moment. Thus, Kilisha pushed the door closed and turned the lock so that the arrival of the remaining guards would be delayed by a few moments.

The wizard, meanwhile, was not going to relent in his attack against Xiao Long. She did appear ready for any more attacks by his blade, though. So, chanting his spell again, he sent another bolt of lightning streaking toward her.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:24 pm

This time, Xiao Long was ready. The lightning bolt was fast, but as soon as she saw the wizard wave his hands, she moved. She side-stepped the lightning bolt, then swept across the floor to attack the incubus. When she closed in range, she swiped her right sword at the wizard's hands. No hands, no arcane signs. No arcane signs, no more lightning.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:33 am

The sword sliced off both of the incubus' hands in one swipe. It took a moment for the demon to realize what had just happened, then his face suddenly contorted into a look of fear.

"No!" shouted the demon. "Y... You fool!"

At that moment, more streaks of electricity began to arc out from where the demon's hands had been and back over its body. A second later, the incubus exploded messily.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Seryntas turned, briefly, to regard the exploding demon. "Nice shot, kid. Now help us with what's about to come through the door." He squared up and adjusted his stance toward the door, setting his weight on his front foot and holding his sword before him. When the incubi came through the door, they would be faced with three hundred pounds of very hot-tempered bounty hunter. Seryntas licked his cracked lips in anticipation.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:35 am

Xiao Long watched as the incubus exploded and smiled to herself. The pain in her arms was beginning to subside, but she figured it probably wouldn't e too great to keep fighting hand-to-hand. She sheathed her two swords and took out her stoeln bow, nocking two arrows and aiming it straight at the opening to the door. The first thing she'd see coming through the door will have two arrows stuck in it.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:03 pm

Kilisha retrieved and readied her bow as well.

A second passed, then a large number of boots could be heard arriving just outside the door. The handle of the door jiggled, then a key slid in and turned. Another second later, the door flew open.

Xiao Long's first shot fired and the demon that had opened the door immediately fell back with an arrow in his chest. The next incubus moved in with a round shield held up, but Kilisha's arrow hit him in the leg, causing him to stumble and his shield arm to fly out wide. Xiao Long's next arrow then took him in the throat, which he clutched at for a moment before collapsing onto his face. The third demon through had Seryntas to deal with, and the bounty hunter's charge broke straight through its defense, leaving the creature skewered on the human's blade.

Four demons remained in the hall outside the room, but they held back, no longer interested in rushing through the door.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs