To Cure a Cabbit (Closed PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

Re: This fight has had the widest luck variance...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:27 am

Jak's mouth mimed words as his reeling mind tried to take in what had just happened. He was wounded. HE was wounded. The thing had ruined him, his body, his being. But he was alive! Ooooh, it'd regret that! It'd feel the unbridled...

No no no no! Not again! The thing was wounded more grievously than he was, and he could be mended. Everything is...

NO. It must PAY for it's insolence, for it's crime!

NO! The others, the ship! What of them?

Irrelevant. Hesitation is death. Live, survive, kill!

The outward result of this was that Jak Snide, once proud and mighty, spasmed on the deck as his mind fought itself.

Uncle Pervy

Re: :o

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:34 am

And thus, Jak laid there.

(OOC: Valentia. Also, yes, I did reroll initiative. I certainly didn't forget people. Certainly >: )

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:06 am

By this point, Kelne was getting rather fed up with the serpent. It was becoming increasingly clear that they were going to have to kill the damned thing first, and then get it off the ship.

With this in mind, he moved into position directly over the serpent's head, setting himself up for the old Death From Above tactic, known to fliers everywhere.

Extending his blade downwards, he set about gathering in energy for what would hopefully be a decisive blow, and waited for the right moment.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:20 am

Dia's eyes grew wide where she stood, transfixed at the spectacle her summon created. She took a deep breath, half to steady herself and half out to take in the scent of the blood--it was necessary to remind herself that she was neither demon nor dragon. Shoving her hands into fists against her side, she tried to keep from betraying any other strange instincts or reflexes.

The noise of the rotors speeding up wasn't more than irrelevant background noise, but Dia couldn't help but note the ship shifting under the weight of the combating creatures. Paige's voice reached through to her faintly.

"Push it off the ship..." she muttered. "Right." She nodded, saying again: "Right."

'It will be necessary to push it off the ship at some point,' she 'pathed, making no attempt to mask her fascinated admiration. She relayed Paige's own version of the message as well, before continuing on amiably. 'We'll need to be sure that we're able to take off, all of in one piece. If you can do that for us, I assure you, I'll be certain to find other prey for you to play with. I run across some interesting things, you might be surprised...' The summoner's promise came off with a sincerity, without the tone of bargaining that she was so familiar with using.

FlamingDeth

RODIMUS KICK!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:26 am

Nodding, Valentia wasted no time in getting the matchsticks. She almost wished that she was on the deck to see the look on this thing's face when it realized exactly how much and how deep this grapeshot was going to get pounded into it. After all, it's not often that one gets hit with a cannon at point blank range.

As soon as humanly possible, the cycloptic sailor set off the cannon, standing to the side. The last thing she wanted was to have the dramatic finish ruined by having her legs broken.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:49 am

Valentia could hear from before that the serpent was not happy. As the grapeshot bites into it, she can assure herself that she's made it less happy still. It's tail erupts with fresh blood, lacerated flesh now making the most of what Valentia can see of it.

You would indebt yourself further? How generous! It's voice, like a buzzing thing in Dia's head, leaves her feeling like she is going to have a headache soon. It's tone of voice doesn't quite reassure her whether or not it intends to listen.

(OOC: Jeridan is up!)

JasonAB17

Re: RODIMUS KICK!

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:23 pm

Jeridan found himself in an odd position. On the one hand, he was doing well enough just to not piss himself as he soaked in the unreasonable fear of the beast in front of them all, AND he was trying to resist the emotions flowing so freely about the ship right now... angry, pain, fear, even a touch of hate. On the other hand, it hurt Jak. And while they weren't on duty here, Jak was still one of Jeridan's men, and Gods Damned if he'd let that happen on the street. And it also put everyone in danger by hanging onto the ship this way.

As impossible as the task seemed, as monstrously stupid, as horrific as it would be for him, he had to try to get rid of it. He swallowed, and then felt his stomach lurch as he took off at a dead run. He had to make himself get there and try this quickly, or he wouldn't be able to do it at all. But rather than attack, he focused his energy just under the part of the serpent on deck. He tried with every ounce of his strength to cause this part of the serpent to levitate, just a few inches off the deck and railing. If it worked, gravity should finish the job and put it back in the sea.

(Levitation: In theory, the weight difference could be made up for by a reduction of the 5 minute time limit?)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasonab17>JasonAB17</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/2/05 17:24

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:47 pm

Jeridan focuses once again, finding that concern for his companions does quite a bit to override his fear. At the same time, this doesn't make clarity of mind come to him much more easily.

Still, he feels the levitation take hold! And feels it struggle against multiple tons of serpent. It finds a point, and tries to lift. For a moment, it works! But only for a moment, before Jeridan's concentration simply cannot handle it anymore.

However...perhaps he did his job well enough. The serpent, clearly on the losing end now, rolls off the starboard side of the ship, taking more of railing with it. The water where it submerged turns a bright crimson. Some may poinder how salt water affects the wounds of sea creatures

Things are quiet, as the serpent does not resurface, or seem to be attacking the ship. The demon hound wanders near the edge where the railing is gone, clearly tempted to dive in after it.

(OOC: All may act freely now)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:49 pm

"Take care o' him," Hawkin's says, his voice oddly calm.

Jeridan's concentration and focus pays off, as Dia feels her much of her bruising and electrical burning ease away. Jak's arm heals somewhat, while the life-threatening side wound closes, leaving his rest that much more peaceful.

As he finishes, Jeridan finds Hawkin's in front of him. Calmly, the small man reaches up, and places his hands on the Garoujin's shoulders. His face is surprisingly calm; where Jeridan knows the Admiral would be raging. His eyes meet with the Garoujin's.

"Jeridan, mate, why did ye attack that thing?"

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 4/2/05 21:58

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:04 pm

Safe.

Now that the threat to his life had been ended, Jak allowed himself to slip into the sweet blackness of unconsciousness, knowing that his fellows would tend to his wound.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:29 pm

"Right then," Kelne said firmly, landing, "Let's get the hell out of here. I don't particularly want to find out whether our limbless visitor has a mate. While we're at that, could someone see about rounding up some potions for Jak? I expect a damage report can wait for the moment."

Those seemed to be the important points for now. Kelne racked his brain trying to recall whereabouts the potions were kept. He hadn't brought any of his own, in a rare display of short-sightedness.

As for Jeridan... He wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do about him. Whatever he decided on, it was unlikely he would enjoy it.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:32 pm

Jeridan stood, looking dumb for a while. His whole body was still shaking. He had no idea what to think. He was disgusted with himself, but at the same time he knew that that wasn't what had been welling up inside him... He only recognized it a minute before it came to him.

Jeridan, due to his own emotions for once, leaned over the side of the ship, and vomitted.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:40 pm

At this point, some of the other sailors are beginning to filter back on deck. More than a few see Cerberus and change their minds, deciding it not quite safe yet.

But Ole Hawkin's emerges, and he makes a beeline for Jeridan. As the Garoujin finishes vomiting off the side of the ship, he feels a hand touch lightly on his shoulder. "Feelin' alright, Jeridan?"

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:48 pm

Jeridan wiped his mouth while still shaking some.

"I... Jak. His arm..."

He grabbed his forehead and dug his claws in a little. He was still very angry with himself that he was responsible for all this.

"He's bleeding bad."

He stood, and went over to the mage in question. If not stopped, he'll start using his Aura spells to heal him.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:10 pm

Jeridan looked blankly at Hawkins. It had been so very obvious when he'd done it. Of course he knew it had been foolish now, but at the time...

"I was scared. I saw it, and... I thought it was going to hit the ship. It would sink," It would grab me "and we would all die. I never thought it might be intelligent."

But in retrospect, how many intelligent species are there on Gaera? ... If they were to kill me now, I don't think I could blame them.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:19 pm

"Alright, tis how it's gonna be. First, you're goin' t' th' hold, and get a hammer, some nails, an' some wood. Then ye'll goin' t' Smokey Jay and tell 'im y' got repair duty. Once that's done enough 'e thinks that thing's hold over, ye'll be gettin' a mop and gettin' all th' blood outta me deck, aye?"

At this point, the airship begins to lift off.

Dia hears the Cerberus once more. Let me finish it.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:23 pm

Jeridan just nods. He wouldn't be so insolent or self righteous as to look upset by this. If HAwkins told him to, he'd take the whole thing apart and put it back together again 10 times or as much as was needed until Smokey Jay, Paige and Hawkins were pleased with it.

So like that he stood, and headed for the hold. One way or the other, he had a long job ahead of him. And almost no experience in how to go about it.

pd Rydia

tasty serpent

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:41 pm

"Nrk...!" Dia, who was currently watching the Cerberus, looked surprised. Then she began to chuckle at some inner joke.

It seemed to help clear her mind somewhat, and she began the unsummoning ritual before responding. 'I promised you more in the future, and I'll stick to that. I'll see if I can't find them on land so you can enjoy finishing them. However, for now, breathing is best for you and me.

'Thank you for your gracious aid.'

Uncle Pervy

It's noteworthy that FD gave us my favorite title so far.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:48 pm

In time, you shall come away with me, Cerberus answers as it paws forth, and licks Dia's face with it's left time. Inevitably, you and I will spent eternity together. Perhaps you may come with me now...

Then it fades away.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:57 pm

At last. With the ship rising, Kelne now felt he could relax his vigilance somewhat. Granted, there was still a large hellhound on the deck, but Dia was bound to get around to dismissing it soon.

While he'd been pondering the situation with Jeridan, the decision had been taken out of his hands. He hadn't listened in on the details, but Hawkins seemed to have dealt with it to his satisfaction. All things considered, he was just as happy to leave it at that.

Getting worked up about it wasn't going to change what had happened, and he wasn't the least bit inclined to challenge the captain's authority. Still, Jeridan had now branded himself as unreliable in Kelne's eyes, and it would take a great deal of effort for him to dig himself out of that hole.

Jak seemed better now. That much, at least, Jeridan had been able to accomplish. With the injuries taken care of, Kelne decided to volunteer to help out with assessing the damage.

With that in mind, he headed over to Hawkins. "I'll take a look at the outer hull as soon as we're properly airborne," he said, "see if I can spot any major damage. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help out, as well."

Uncle Pervy

Re: It's noteworthy that FD gave us my favorite title so far

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:12 am

"Sounds like a good plan," Hawkin's agrees. "Sounds mighty fine indeed. We'll be goin' most o' th' night, I'm thinkin'. Dun wanna land in that thing's waters again."

pd Rydia

furry GM onoes :(

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:07 am

Dia shivered slightly, scrubbing her cheek with the sleeve of her robe. She was beginning to consider the idea that there may have been other reasons as to why the summon may have been passed on to her...

Shoving the thought out of her mind, she began to head her way over to where she spotted the captain standing, expression falling into something a bit more natural as she spotted Kelne nearby. Thanks to Jeridan's healing, she wasn't nearly so beat up as she was earlier, but smaller patches of green and black bruises as well as burnt skin were still visible.

"As a note for the curious," she remarked as she walked up behind Kelne. "Attacks on summons don't hurt the summon. It hurts the summoner."

She then turned to Hawkin's. "Is there something you'd care for me to do? If not, I think I might find a place to rest..."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:37 am

"Go rest up," Hawkin's says, "You lot did damned good, getting that thing off th' ship. Swear t' Kalyca, though, I ain't seen th' like o' it before."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:40 am

Now that the serpent was a thing of the past, one may notice that Paige was somewhat distracted taking in the damages to the ship she had helped build- Then modified- For her new employer. She looked around, then in a voice few would think she was capable of, she shouted- "Everyone who's not part of Hawkin's crew...Line up. NOW!"

One may also note that she was pulling a wrench out of her toolbelt as she screamed.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:44 am

"Well, this ought to be interesting," Kelne remarked, taking in the spectacle of a Paige on the warpath. He wasn't entirely sure what she had in mind, but he suspected it would be... explosive was the word that presented itself.

Whether or not she would actually accomplish anything was an open question. In any case, it didn't look like Jak would be in any condition to listen to her. Kelne swept an eye across the deck, seeing if he could spot a couple of idle crew members to take him down to his cabin.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/3/05 1:46

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:48 am

It was probably for the best that Jeridan was no longer in earshot, as he was down below, explaining to Smokey Jay how the Garou Mazoku would be his personal slave/mutt for the next... however long it took to get things Ship Shape. Not that the end goal was any different, but Smokey probably wouldn't bean him with a large wrench.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:48 am

Dia gave Paige a bland expression, and looked over at Kelne. "I suppose this is something of a line. I know that Jak's passed out. Where's Valentia and Jeridan?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:49 am

"I don't know. But I want him up here. We're going to have a talk." The normally docile Engineer replies.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:56 am

"I'll get him," Hawkin's says, "On my way down myself."

Heading belowdecks, the Captain calls out, "Valentia! Jeridan, you're wanted up on deck!"

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:00 am

Jeridan, wondering what all's next, heads on up tools in hand. With any luck, he won't come to any significant harm. Trying to make up for his mistakes or not, he still wasn't fully out of the emotional woods yet.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:07 am

Jeridan encounters no real problems heading above deck. He does catch a group of sailors muttering something too low for him to hear, and he thinks its about him. But he can't prove it; he didn't hear anything. Maybe he's just paranoid?

FlamingDeth

Which one? I change it a lot.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:47 am

Now that the situation was well under control, Valentia turned to Smokey Jay. She hadn't had time to ask about it before, but she really did want to know what that was all about.

She began. "Smokey, do you know why we were dealing with a giant sn--"

"...you're wanted up on deck!"

She stopped mid sentence. Turning to go up above, she shrugged and murmered, "...I guess it can wait."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:50 am

Kelne does note a couple whom seem to be milling over the mess on the deck, and trying very hard not to look toward the railing they know they're going to have to fix eventually.

"Get goin'." Says Jay.

FlamingDeth

:(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:52 am

And thusly, she did.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:00 am

As everyone arrived on the deck of the ship, the head engineer began to pace a bit, taking off her glasses and cleaning them, before putting them back on and spinning her wrench on a finger. "Please...Someone tell me why there was a big, giant snake on my ship?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:09 am

Excellent. Opting for the direct approach, Kelne walked over to the pair, "Gentlemen. I would appreciate it if you could take Jak there," He indicated the fallen mage, "below and put him in a comfortable bed. Make sure he's not going to fall out. I doubt any of our lives would be worth living if he did."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:13 am

"We'll take care of him," Says one of the sailors, "We'll get the pallet out for him."

JasonAB17

Fine, I'm posting already.

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:11 pm

Jeridan decided to fess up like a big boy.

"Because I mistook it for a dumb beast that had mistaken a ship for a large fish of some kind, and attacked it to try to get it to go away. I endangered the ship and everyone on it."

He didn't sound happy about this. It's like dreaming you went to class naked... only to realize you weren't dreaming. Surely this couldn't get any worse?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:07 am

Paige continued to spin the wrench on her finger, looking everyone over before catching it. "..Well, we know why it was here...But why wasn't it dealt with in ways that didn't end up tearing up my ship? It didn't look remotely big enough to swallow the ship like a fish normally would."

FlamingDeth

I, on the other hand, am not! EVER!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:10 am

Valentia certainly wasn't in the mood to make any situation worse for anyone, even Jeridan. She was, on the other hand, in the mood to eat the meal that she was planning on just before the...incident. This was shown more outwardly by her stumach rumbling.

"...well then, that's lovely." She sighed. "I suppose now those of us who weren't on deck at least know what happened."

She leaned on the railing. While the issue really didn't concern her at this point, Valentia had a feeling that their engineer friend was about to give a lecture that, for some reason, she wanted them all to hear.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs