To Cure a Cabbit (Closed PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

Re: ...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:44 pm

Shapeshifters had never sat well with Jak, and even less so since the "tax collector" incident which had kick started the events that led to his involvement in the invasion. Still, Uyashu wasn't a dastardly drow or an exceedingly annoying child, and she hadn't done a thing wrong for all he knew, so he simply nodded to her in greeting.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Yes! By which I mean, I certainly hope so.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:23 pm

Ushyu waves gaily back to Valentia, then closers her eyes tightly and makes a face. Then she shifts back into her animal form and shivers a bit. Without a word, the Admiral takes her into his hands tenderly, showing a bit more gentleness than his previous bluster would lead one to think he is capable of harboring.

"Tis getting worse, this bit," Pervy says, "Just started a month 'r so again. She started havin' attacks like that, and ain't nothin' I can do havin' any affect on it. Tis that damned limiter."

As the cabbit's shudders die away, leaving her looking less pained and more miserable, the Admiral looks to Paige. "Ye know what I wanna do. Gimme a good estimate on how long it'll take ye t' make it workable."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:44 pm

Limiter. Jak had heard of those before, and the thought of them sent shivers down his spine. He'd once been cut off from the currents of mana that he frequently tapped into. He'd been "granted" different affinities for that time, but the experience had been unpleasant. To be totally cut off from magic....

He shook the thought clear of his head. The one that Uyahu had wasn't the abomination that had flitted across his imagination, but it was clearly a nasty piece of work.

"If there's nothing more to discuss, I'll be off to make my preparations. Good day."

And with that he stood, polished off his drink and left, presuming nobody stopped him in the process.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:06 pm

"I'll make sure ye get told when we're shovin' off, mate," is Pervy's reply.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:22 pm

Paige does more calculations in her head, then answers. "If I start now...Four days. Maybe a little more. We've got to make sure that there's no problems with landing in the ocean, and that the engines can handle going over sea, and make sure the fuel stores are fully stocked...Actually, I think I'm going to get on that now."

She folds her arms infront of her, bowing, and begins walking off, unless stopped.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:58 pm

Jeridan had been carefully watching Ushyu all the while. Like Jak, Jeridan also knew what it was to have someone violate your biology against your will. He suppressed a growl, instead simply sayying.

"You'll know where to find me."

He stood, and began to head out.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:03 pm

Soon enough, those summoned are gone, leaving Pervy and Valentia alone.

"Well now," he says, "Let's here yer story, eh?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:08 pm

Kelne, for his part, followed Paige out.

"If I could get a moment of your time?" He asked, falling into step beside her.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:29 pm

Paige looks over, and adjusts the glasses that had begun to slide down her nose. "Y..Yes? What is it? Is there something I can help you with?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:40 pm

"Actually, I was interested in a brief overview on airship engines. I doubt I'll have time to do anything with the knowledge, but it never hurts to have it."

FlamingDeth

It's all Jak's fault!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:30 pm

"Not much to tell, really." said Valentia, trivializing more than ten years of events. "Sail for a while, get shipwrecked at Therney after a terrible storm, take my time getting back up here. You know how it goes."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 3/4/05 20:30

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:36 pm

"Y'see, that ain't what I'm needin'," Pervy says, sounding amazingly patient. "Ye got yer secrets an' whatnot, and I'll try t' respect that. T' a point. What I'm needin' from ye is assurance that if I'm sendin' ye, I'm not gonna wake up wit' a knife in me somewheres, ya get me?"

FlamingDeth

I'll assure you!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:50 pm

Valentia's eye met the admiral's, unflinchingly.

"I do not know what you wish to hear..." she began, in a far more serious tone than she had yet assumed, "...but believe me when I say that I have no intentions of treachery."

Uncle Pervy

JUUUUST squeaked by

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:21 pm

"Good," Pervy says with a nod, "As fer what I want, I want somethin' I can tell me crew and me mates when they asked about ye an' get th' mind ye might be someone who's got Vani's work at heart. So what drove ye outta Barius anyways?"

FlamingDeth

That seems to be a running theme.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:14 pm

Chuckling quietly for a moment, Valentia considered the possibilites. On the one hand, she could just tell the truth and say that she's never been to Barius, but that wasn't the most believable sounding thing. Or, she could make something else. Possibly some other permutation of the truth.

"Truthfully, I've not been in Barius during Vaniyakna's reign." she said, deciding that it was close enough to the truth. "I don't exactly keep up with politics. By the time I even knew who he was, he had been in power for quite some time. A matter of years, I believe..."

Uncle Pervy

Not no more!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:55 pm

"So where were ye, then?" the Admiral asks. Valentia gets the feeling he's not buying it as much as she would like; perhaps she slipped up before?

FlamingDeth

Pervy should stop being mean to her. :(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:56 am

It seemed that the admiral wasn't believing the story. Looking back on her words, she had no reason to think that someone of his experience would. One doesn't become an admiral by just believing everything anyone says.

Valentia leaned against a wall, crossed her arms, and peered at Pervy through the corner of her eye. "Have you ever heard of Earth?" she said, deciding to let the ball drop. If he was going to decide that she wasn't worth the risk with her previous story, then it certainly wouldn't hurt her to switch to another. Surely enough, even a brief scan of her aura would reveal that she certainly wasn't from Gaera. "...you'll understand that it isn't something one brings up lightly, if it must be brought up at all."

Shinigori V2

Re: Not no more!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:40 am

"Overview?" Paige repeated, somewhat suprised. "Overview..Overview...Erm....Excuse me...Mr Kelne, isn't it? But...I can't really just go around telling everyone how they work...I mean...Security problems...And all...Right?" The chuckled, nervously, hoping he wouldn't catch on to the fact that she really just didn't want to mention any possible way to tamper with the engines to him just yet.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Pervy should stop being mean to her. :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:42 am

"Aye, I've heard o' it." Pervy says.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:19 pm

Kelne smiled faintly, "Paige, the approximate likelihood of my gaining the expertise to construct an airship engine from a brief overview is vanishingly small. I am well aware of this, and have no intention of either attempting it or meddling with an existing one without supervision. Perhaps you would like to know what, then, I intend?"

pd Rydia

Re: Pervy should stop being mean to her. :(

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:46 pm

Dia, meanwhile, was doing Dia-like activities, as any Dia might do. This would be in accordance to the actuality that Dia was, in fact, a Dia, and as previously explained, it was necessary that Dia make preparations for leaving Doma.

Fancy that!

Having left the group so as to facilitate Pervy's private conversation with Valentia, there wasn't much telling where Dia was--somewhere within the Jade Dragon, perhaps. Soon after Dia took her leave, Gihin returned to the table, clearing plates and refilling mugs as needed.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:32 am

"Um, actually..." Paige responded, nervously. "It would help me out a bit if I knew, yes...?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:33 pm

"Alright, then. As I understand it, the engine works by using the heat generated by burning coal to generate steam which, through various technical processes, is turned into motion. Correct?"

FlamingDeth

Pervy is a smelly jerk.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:21 am

Clearly, Valentia expected nore of a response from the ex-pirate than that. Perhaps she had expected that to clear things up on it's own, or to at least get more information about WHAT he knew. She sat in thought for a moment.

"Well then..." she began. "Suffice to say, my voice is from my land there. I have never been to Barius."

FlamingDeth

This post was not edited.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 am

"Tell you what." responded Valentia, with a slight smirk. "I'll tell you a tale if I get back. With the all the money you're throwing about liberally, I'll even be able to afford to pay for drinks."

If they had no further business, then Valentia left to consolidate her belongings. She was staying at the inn, so it would be quite easy to locate her when it was time to depart. With any luck, someone would take her to the ship early, so as to familiarize herself with it before they departed to parts unknown.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 3/10/05 22:05

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:41 am

"Well...Basically, yes..." Paige responds, slowly. She didn't like the idea of a man with Kelne's reputation knowing even the slighest bit about her engines at all, but she figured it couldn't be helped.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Pervy is a smelly jerk.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:16 am

"Twas expectin' a bit of a tale meself," Pervy says. Then he shrugs. "Tell ye what. I'll give ye a chance. Just dun be makin' me regret it, aye?"

(OOC: Right. You have til tomorrow night to wrap stuff up. I want to know what people are doing to prepare during the intervening time. If I see no post, I assume your character is just kicking back and waiting to go.)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:43 am

Dia didn't have to do too much. There was ensuring that the inn wouldn't burn down in her absence, of course--a nice, long, impassioned motivational speech with the goblins...with some backup from Big Momma...helped with that. Hopefully, their memories would last long enough for the trip.

Then there was...sorting out finances. Making sure everything would get paid in time. Lord knows, she couldn't leave that to Richard.. On the other hand, she could count on him to watch Solis and Rob and make sure they were doing their work.

Calling in favors to get properly threatening acquaintances to haunt the bar from time to time? Letters were hastily written and sent out.

And, of course: starting the rumor that she wasn't really gone, but merely in hiding so she could watch--and later consume--those who attempted to use her absence to violate rules or damage the inn.

(OOC: Three day absence, theoretical return on the 12th. :'( I should haves the cell phone, if'n you can attempt to get ahold of me on it, you can hash out a coauthored post of somesort.)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:44 am

Jak didn't have very many preparations to make. After all, his only real concern would have been getting leave from the guard, and that had been taken care of already. As it was all he had to do was buy supplies; a few trail rations here, a water-skin there and other mundane supplies. He wished he could afford to stock up on potions, but after all of that he barely had enough money left to feed himself for a week. Good thing they'd have food aboard that airship.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:46 pm

"It occurs to me that the coal may not, in fact, be vital to the running of the engine. Heat could be provided by suitable fire enchantments, though that presents its own difficulties. Still, the theory seems sound enough." Another of those faint smiles, "But I can see that I'll be interfering with the engine over your dead body, so I'll leave it at that."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:57 pm

"Er...Well, we've tried that before. Or, Loake did...But there were problems. Enchantments could be diffused, or become unstable...And...Uh...Really, I should get to work!"

The young lady quickly excused herself and ran off in the direction of the castle.

For the next few days, she was virtually unseen, giving the engines of the ship a tuneup she felt was much needed- And overhauling a couple other things, making sure that the ship was still seaworthy, as it was airworthy.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:47 pm

Kelne shook his head. Loake didn't have a magical bone in his body, and he wasn't entirely sure of the skill of any mages he might have recruited. Still, the ship would get them there, so there was no sense in pursuing the issue.

The next few days were spent in preparation. Letting a few friends know that he was leaving, and further letting it be known that he would come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who tried anything in his absense. Setting the myriad of traps about his house to leave any intruders alive and with the distinct impression that they shouldn't push their luck. And of course, putting Enlil in charge of the minions while he was gone.

He also set about organising a few things to bring along. Items to work on during the trip, some reading material, some gemstones to trade, and numerous other bits and pieces.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:12 pm

Meanwhile Jeridan did precisely nothing to prepare. He already had all the material's he'd need on hand for this trip, had enough stored up to take with him on this trip, and felt no need to gatehr any magical items of any sort. He also had no jewels or are to contribute to the trip, but had a feeling that with the Admiral... Captain... Pervy drawing off his own sizeable funds, this likely wouldn't be a problem.

So all he had to do was wait.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:50 am

The days pass, as days tend to do when left to their own designs.

Kelne manages to obtain a few nice, if small, rubies of varying cut, no sense allowing for anything to seem too common. Jak and Valentia get by well enough, squaring away their affairs. Jeridan spends time making sure that his concerns will be dealt with. Dia is fairly certain that the inn will do well, perhaps thanks to the aid of a certain slime-half overhearing the rumor that she really isn't gone. Paige, for her part, manages to work out the problems of storage of coal, foodstuffs, and cargo. Perhap's the sailor's instincts were right; or perhaps he abused his position to get someone else to crunch the numbers.

Soon enough, the day comes, as the four hired adventurers are to meet at the city gates. Paige waits with the Captain, of course, who waits with a chocobo cart that he borrowed for the occasion.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:16 am

Jak was filled with joy now that the day he was finally going to get out of the city had come, even if it would be aboard an airship. He made his way to the meeting place as soon as he received the summons, greeting Pervy as he arrived, noting the cart as he did.

"What, did you crash the airship already?" he asked jokingly.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:08 am

"Aye, an' I missed yer head by that much," the seaman say to Jak with a grin, holding his thumb and forefinger an ich apart. "Dunno how I did, either, what with how big o' a target it tis. Not suprisin' ye didnae hear it, neither, what wit' all th' wool in yer head."

By this point, Pervy is grinning, and clearly enjoying himself.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy at: 3/12/05 11:10

JasonAB17

SMELLY?!

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:28 am

Jeridan arrived soon after, moving at an even pace and carrying a backpack with him. Dried foods, a few personal things. He still looked to be going fairly light, however. He arrived just in time to catch Jak's comment, but opted to let the captain reply rather than butting in.

Jak Snide

Re: SMELLY?!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:15 pm

Even the shadow of Jak's hat couldn't hide his grin.

"Says something about your navigation skills, doesn't it? Good thing you won't be at the helm for this trip."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:43 pm

"Just so long as I don't get a hole shot through me on this job..."

Lo! A Dia made her appearance! It was an old sight--the dragonhalf was wrapped up in her old traveling robes, grey through use or by design. The fading belt at her waist was dyed green and beginning to crack in places, yet nevertheless served well in its purpose; namely, holding near hand dagger, money pouch, and some manner of...lumpy and vaguely pink material.

Were those bunny ears peeking out of that lump?

...Couldn't be.

At any rate, the mercenary-gone-innkeep-gone-mercenary-for-fun-and-profit seemed to be taking a route similar to Jeridan's, with a manageable backpack of supplies. With one notable, scaley exception, of course.

"Griao?" A small, dark green dragon's head stuck out between Dia's legs, swinging back and forth in appraisal of the gathered persons. His normal antics seemed a bit subdued...Fluffy, Dia's lapdragon companion, seemed to be content to circle near her feet, snorting and snuffling in a manner of vague displeasure.

Dia snorted back, before looking up. "Who and/or what are we still waiting on?"

JasonAB17

Re: SMELLY?!

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:48 pm

Jeridan looked over at Dia... and paused, seeing Fluffy. Lap Dragons were not something the Garou/Mazoku was familiar with, and the sight was... well, interesting at the very least.

"Kelne, I think we're waiting on... ... Is that a baby dragon?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs