To Cure a Cabbit (Closed PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Prologue - Yasunori Mitsuda

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:48 am

At the sound of Kelne's 'voice', Paige yelped, and momentarily redoubled her efforts.

Of course, she couldn't keep it up for long.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: This is a glorious tragedy :D

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:38 am

The carpet exited the barn, then went straight up, Kelne having decided to survey the area from on high. That done, he set about locating the familiar (and no doubt rather panicked) mental signature of Paige.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:46 am

Jeridan eases his way a little to the south, and finds that he is gaining some ground on the pack. A little longer, and he should be right on top of them.

Paige finds, however, that terror is a wonderful inspiration. She redoubles her speed, leaving the harder badlands behind as the terrain ahead becomes increasingly sandy.

How frightened you are, comes an unfamiliar, buzzing telepathic voice into Paige's mind. Do you desire protection?

Kelne commands the carpet to ascend, and tries to pick out where Paige is. It seems she's made quite a bit of distance; he can't truly focus on where she is, only that she's running toward the west.

Dia swoops toward the Settlement Ten, focusing on a group of three guards that are walking along the outskirts. One of them looks her direction and squints, she can see. Then it points toward her, as the others bring their crossbows to bear in her direction.

Wait...Dragons are large predators!

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 2/11/06 5:47

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:47 am

...What?! Paige slowed a bit, but kept running, now looking for the voice. Protection is worthless if I don't know who's giving it! she thought back.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:49 am

Is that so? answers the buzzing voice. Well, if you want to face whatever you are fleeing from alone.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:49 am

"Can you sense her?" the black mage asked, using regular vision himself, hoping moonlight might catch some metalic object on Paige's person.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:49 am

Westwards it was, then. However fast she might be running, there was no way she could outrun the carpet. And as he got closer, he ought to be able to narrow down her exact location.

"More or less. She seems to be making good time, for what little good it'll do her."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/11/06 5:51

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:50 am

Wait, I never said that!...

In the back of her mind, something seemed off. She didn't want to 'face' Jak and Kelne. She just...Didn't want to be electricuted, really.

Uncle Pervy

Pabu-Pabu Puka-Puka - Breath of Fire IV OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:57 am

You have so little time to choose, says the voice. Paige thinks she is starting to feel a mild headache come on. They have the flying cloth. They will be chasing you.[i]

Kelne heads west, and he does begin to better sense of how far she has gone. My, she must be frightened, to have covered as much distance as she has; nearly a mile in the few minutes he's been out and Jak's been tending to him.

Jak isn't able to see much of anything from this height.

[i]

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:59 am

Can you get them to leave me alone!? ...Or at least stop chasing me and listen!?

Jak Snide

Re: Pabu-Pabu Puka-Puka - Breath of Fire IV OST

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:01 am

"Good, because I can't see a thing."

Uncle Pervy

Chamber of the Sages - Koji Kondo

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:01 am

There is a hint of amusement in the voice. I can make them leave you alone. But no one can force another to listen. Shall I make them leave you alone?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:03 am

For a little while!

Uncle Pervy

Cry, for "IDOLA" the holy - PSO OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:08 am

Run for the mountains. The voice urges. I shall distract them.

Jak, looking more visually than psychically, thinks he can see something flying toward the carpet.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 am

Paige stops. Mountains, mountains...

She'll run for the mountains, if she can see them.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 am

Kelne sighed. Quite aside from having been knocked unconscious, the situation was far from ideal. "I'll be much happier when we've got the idiot in tow and caught up with the others. Being scattered across the landscape like this is just asking for trouble."

He was confident that Dia and Jeridan could handle themselves, as could he and Jak. But they were certainly more vulnerable apart than together.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Cry, for "IDOLA" the holy - PSO OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:17 am

Paige can see there are mountains not too far away, perhaps a couple miles to the northwest. It is hard to make out any detail about them in the darkness.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:23 am

"Uh...Kelne? I think we've got something incoming."

He strained to get a better look at what was coming at them. It'd figure that something horrible would show up at this moment. He also got a good grip on the carpet, if he hadn't had one already. Just in case.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am

"Sometimes I really hate being right." All that remained to make his day complete was to be jumped by one of those Infinity lunatics. The odds of which were probably higher than he'd like.

Kelne followed Jak's gaze, taking the opportunity to draw his sword and settle himself into a good solid stance on the carpet. If need be, he'd take his own solid grip, but it'd take something fairly substantial to dislodge him.

Uncle Pervy

Pagan Purity - Elvenking

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:49 am

Jak and Kelne watch as the oncoming thing comes closer and closer. It's not very large, and it seems to have wings. It's black body make it hard to see in the moonlight, though its motions is easy to see. Soon enough, it draws close, and climbs upwards to fly alongside the carpet.

It's a vulture. And it certainly seems to be flying hard to keep up with the carpet.

Wait, are vultures nocturnal?

Before they have long to ponder this, both can hear a sort of buzzing telepathic voice. Leave the girl. An asp follows her; it will strike if you draw too close. Bring me the dragonling, and she is yours.

Jak Snide

Before I head out...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:07 am

The pieces had come together for Jak. The oddly behaving coyotes alone weren't enough for him to be certain. A vulture transmitting a telepathic message and an asp, apparently, following Paige confirmed it. Mental magic was at work here, and pretty powerful stuff by his estimate. His mind strayed from the task at hand with this realisation; the exertion of using so much magical energy in this environment would be monumental. This meant the being they were dealing with was either very powerful or, more likely, had some sort of artifact to help his spellweaving.

He wanted it, ignoring the fact that it might only be a figment of his imagination.

Of course, that meant finding the mind-speaker. Didn't the captain mention something about a mind speaker on his travels here? Then again, he also mentioned them speaking a foreign tongue.

Who are you? he thought, presuming whoever was out there was reading his mind. And, furthermore, what do you want with our companion?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Pagan Purity - Elvenking

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:34 am

Kelne, meanwhile, had decided that it was time to cut to the chase with Paige. After making very sure that his mental wards were solidly in place, he sent a tightly controlled message to her, 'Paige, while it's nice to know that you're more frightened of me than you are of the unknown perils of the desert, right now, you would be infinitely safer with me.' For the moment, he was happy for Jak to keep it talking.

The idea of some kind of overmind controlling the life in the desert was both obvious, and extremely worrying. He had experience with such a creature, and had a very good sense of just how dangerous it could be. While this one was unquestionably different, he suspected its ultimate motives would be the same.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

What we wouldn't give for Walkie Talkies...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 pm

Jeridan meanwhile remained ignorant of the plights of others, and continued his efforts.

pd Rydia

don't shoot!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:20 pm

That was all she needed. Dia began to sweep upwards, out of crossbow range, and contacted the EF.

'Pardon the unconventional means of conversation,' she began drily. 'But I'm not well equipped to speak Common in this form, nor from this distance. Sorry--I'm not sure if you're used to this.

'At any rate, this is Dia. The same as'
--there was a flash of the bunny-eared dragonhalf from before. 'I -can- prove that easily enough, given no crossbolts through my vitals, but more importantly at the moment--there seems to be a pack of magically-odd coyotes heading toward the city.'

She went on to briefly summarize the coyote-relevant events of the evening, including the original plans, and her own suspicions about the coyotes. 'Given that getting them away from the town is a priority, I was hoping we could manage to grab one so I and the other mages could look at it more closely.'

Uncle Pervy

High Fort - Breath of Fire II OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:02 am

You're not stopping. says the voice to Kelne and Jak. I want the dragonling's...flame, so to speak. That's all you need to know.

With that, the vulture stops keeping pace with the carpet, banking away into the darkness.

Kelne feels that his message has gotten through, but the connection is very tenuous.

Paige can hear Kelne's message, but it feels distant and rather quiet.

Jeridan finds, to his satisfaction, he seems to be gaining ground. Within a minute, he should be able to intercept with them. But then what?

Dia finds that sweeping upwards may not have been a bad idea, for they still try to keep crossbows trained on her. Not with much success sometimes, but it's the thought that counts.

It's hard to gauge how the EF take being telepathed from her distance. One seems to have trouble keeping aim on her, and doing a lot of headshaking. Another seems to have no trouble with it, while she cannot read the third.

Warning acknowledged, one of them replies. It is best that you leave, if you wish to remain unharmed. It will take time for information to spread. AD-7 or the other EF may not accept your statement.

Shinigori V2

Re: don't shoot!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:05 am

Paige slows down a bit, trying to catch her breath. Granted, she's still moving, but it seems she may be losing Kelne.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: High Fort - Breath of Fire II OST

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 am

Jeridan did not often think through plans that involved only his own physical health. It was one thing to be responsible for other people, but he was more or less careless in regards to himself. This was going to be one of those times.

When he gets close enough, he's going to tackle one of those Coyotes to the ground. He could have simply used a vine spell, but in this environment it seemed like folly. What with the utter lack of vegetation, and the extremely thin astral energy here. And anyway, this ought to get their attention.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Pagan Purity - Elvenking

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:53 am

Damn right he wasn't stopping. Not until he was certain he wasn't being bluffed. Paige could hear him, he knew. Whether the stupid woman was paying him any attention was another question entirely.

He got the distinct impression that the connection was being interfered with. All the more reason to get the message across quickly.

Shoring up the connection as best he could, he sent, 'Paige, your life may be in danger. I need you to tell me whether you can see or hear a poisonous snake following you.' That ought to get her attention. It might also send her into a fresh panic. Which was a chance he'd just have to take.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:55 am

Poisonous snake!? She thought back.

She quickly turned, quite possibly losing her balance in the process, and tried to catch a glimpse of anything behind her.

Uncle Pervy

Skin Tight - The Ohio Players

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:06 am

Jeridan runs, and he sights his target; a coyote running just a bit outside the pack.

He draws closer, closer... then he leaps! He feels his arms wrap around the animal, and clamps down on it as hard as he can. His shoulder hits the ground, he turns it into a roll as the canine yips in pain and surprise.

He comes up to his knees, a firm grip on the now struggling Coyote, which is trying very hard to wriggle free of Jeridan's grasp and bite him. Thus far, it's not doing very well at either. It does release a lovely angry snarl the whole time, though.

The other coyotes, for the moment, seem to be rather stunned, as they stumble to a stop.

Paige doesn't see anything behind her. But it is dark out, despite the moonlight....

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 2/12/06 6:11

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:09 am

'Yes, a poisonous snake. We've been told that if we get too close to you, one is going to bite you.' Again, possibly too much information. But Kelne tended to believe that people ought to know where they stood. People could generally count on him to give them bad news.

Jak Snide

Re: Skin Tight - The Ohio Players

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:35 am

"What the hell is all this about?" Jak muttered, settling himself down onto the carpet once again. "Don't suppose you can trace the source of that telepathy, Kelne?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:54 am

The dark was definitely not being Paige's friend at the moment. Of course she couldn't see a thing...

She quickly turned back towards the mountains, and continued running. I don't see anything, but I know YOU'RE trying to kill me!

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Skin Tight - The Ohio Players

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:02 am

Kelne shook his head, "I'm focusing on getting that bloody woman out of the mess she's created for herself alive at the moment." He had a few thoughts along those lines, but it would probably be touch and go. "I'll take a crack at tracking it down the next time it contacts us."

Truth be told, he wasn't particularly confident of his ability to do so. Depending on its nature, it might be too diffuse to pinpoint. Or he might simply trace it to the mind of whatever creature it was riding at the moment before being stymied.

In theory, if it wanted them to bring it Dia, it would have to tell them where it wanted her brought. But of course, that place and its physical location wouldn't necessarily be the same.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:18 am

'As I recall, I'm not the one who's demonstrated a tendency to lash out violently at allies.' Snap at, berate, and occasionally alienate, yes. Attack or kill, no. 'Paige, I swear to you that you will come to no harm at my hands, or those of the others.' Gods knew that promise wasn't one he liked having to make outright, but he was sincere. Whether Paige knew him well enough to realise that...

No, she didn't. 'If I wanted you dead, I could turn around right now, and I guarrantee you I would never have to see you again. Gods know I'm tempted. Instead, I am trying to get you out of a very bad situation alive. That will be a lot easier if you engage your brain for a change and cooperate.'

Kelne kept up the pursuit. If nothing else, as long as Paige kept running, any supposed snake would have a hard time getting a clean strike.

pd Rydia

Re: don't shoot!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:47 pm

'Thank you,' she replied. 'For the purpose of spreading information, I'm the...the dragon with dark green scales and...err...brown...rabbit ears.' Was that the sound of a resigned sigh? At the very least, she seemed to have a good handle on her embarrassment. 'Hard to see from a distance, or in the dark, but I imagine it'll prove useful in better conditions.

'At any rate, I'm going to go and see if I can aid my friends. Good luck! Take care, as well--'
There was a pause, as Dia fumbled around with the idea of wording something strange to her. '--and Shamaya's best blessings.'

As Dia turned around to begin to double back on her previous route, she gave a brief scan for the coyotes, wanting to intercept them, and hopefully to find Jeridan along the way.

To herself, she mused about her last words to the EF. I supposed all of us could use a little bit of extra balance when dealing with fucked up magic, controlled mutts, and man-eating beasts.

And wrenches. Can't forget those.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:37 am

Jeridan's plans had kind of assumed that he would have a large dragon to back him up when he got to this point. Since it had just become clear to him that Dia has gome elsewhere, he decided to do what he could: Continue to detain the coyote he had now, and use his Stone spell on the first free coyote to approach him.

(Continue to grapple the dog he's got now, use Stone in response to any attacks against Jeridan.)

Uncle Pervy

The Mutant ~ battle - Breath of Fire III OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:03 am

Three of the coyotes dash forward to try and take the former garoujin down. He concentrates, keeping an easy grasp on the thrashing canine in his arms, and begins to chant.

A stone leaps from the ground, seeming to take a life of its own, and flies at the closest one charging. It connect with the coyote's head with such force that it leaves only mangled bone and cloud of red in its wake.

This is about all it takes for most of the pack to decide to that Jeridan is not worth messing with. They turn and flee, goig as fast as they can. However, the other two coyotes have yet to notice that the pack is not with them.

He is able to sidestep one, but the other leaps up and nips him on the arm, tearing away a fair deal of flesh. It is unable to latch on, so the wound, whilst painful, is superficial.

(OOC: Natural 20'ed the shit outta that coyote. )

Dia finds she can see a general mismash of auras some distance away from town. Given that the farm animals are in and about the town, it's a fair guess that this is the pack.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:19 am

While one of the animals is close, he'll lash out with one leg, aiming for the creature's hind legs.

(Break: Whichever attacker is easiest to hit without dropping the coyote in his arms)

Uncle Pervy

Within the Giant - Stephen Kennedy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:40 am

The coyote that missed early tries to whirl around and leap again. Then Jeridan's foot connects with the base of its spine. Its agonized yelp almost drowns out the horrendous crack of its pelvis being shattered. It falls, and does not seem to be conscious enough to get up.

This is more than enough for the final coyote, who is only too happy to try and catch up with its pack.

Dia descends to see Jeridan is alone, with a struggling coyote in his arms, a dead one at his feet, a third one missing a head, and another fleeing for its life.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 2/13/06 2:47

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs