Castles in the Sky: Closed Freestyle RP.

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
The Great Nevareh
 

Re: What long? His patience did not even last "short&qu

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:04 am

(Erm... it would be kind of nice to know which direction you're heading in, since that would change what you run into first.)


SALSAlys
 

Re: Prologue: Part 2.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:23 am

"I'll take your word for it," Damian replied shortly.

Never get between a man and his obsession, he reflected.

"Will you come out with me, a bit after the troupe ahead finishes? I figure you'll be better at analyzation than I would be."


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: What long? His patience did not even last "short&am

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:35 am

(OOC: Whoops, sorry, I neglected to note the directions that Zachary had stated. >_> I'm really not EXACTLY like Molo, you know...)

"Woohoo!" Molokidan said, dashing down the northeast pathway. "I'm gonna find the treasure, first, Michael!" he said, teasing his pursuer as he dashed through the forest.


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: What ho!

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:06 pm

Winfred was seething as he cautiously followed. His thought train went somewhat like this: Must not kill, told the man I wouldn't, not wasting bullets, could be things out here, might hear the noise, must not strangle, don't like people squirming, must not maim, must not slaughter...

Meanwhile his train of vocalization went like this: "Slow the fuck down, kid! You wanna get yourself killed?!"

And in his head, he was dreaming up 'accidents' that could happen to the kids. Nobody would think twice if he told the others they fell off the island running, would they?

He came to a realization: his gun wasn't going to be for bogies on the island, it was going to be for controlling his idiot minions. Companions. Whatever.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: What ho!

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:02 pm

Chantelle looked up at the trees. "Do you think that the trees are like this because of the Astral plane here? Or vice versa? I can't really get a solid look..."


The Great Nevareh
 

What did you just call me?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:22 am

"Who knows why, honestly? It's all speculation. Magic isn't always the answer, though."

-------------------------------------------

The path takes a few twists and turns, but after about five minutes of traversing it the forest abruptly ends and opens up to a field of wildflowers. The forest appears to be at the top of a hill, since the path descends into the field and seems to head towards what could very well be a town if it isn't for the fact that the whole thing looks empty. There appears to be a river that winds its way from the north down into the south, with a lake somewhat northeast of the town-esque-thing.

Almost due east is a large-ish structure which lies across the river- it doesn't look in good repair.

The oddest thing, though, is that the horizon seems to end in a thick line of gray and then clouds and sky. They definitely didn't miss the island. However, these clouds don't seem to flow onto the island, and the air isn't particularly thin for being so high up. However, the sun is uncomfortably bright now that it is no longer semi-blocked by the trees.

It is quite surreal.

Other things can't be seen, though; they're either blocked by the forest or they could be behind landmarks already visible to the explorers.

(Winfred, Klaus, and Molokidan have moved to Forest: Northeast Path)


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Mysterious Town-ho!

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:41 am

"Wooooahhh...." Molokidan said, staring at the landscape that had just unfolded before him. "How beautiful!"

His eyes were drawn up to the sky, where he took notice of the wonderful horizon, with big fluffy white clouds, and a pastel blue sky. It was really quite romantic, and he kinda felt like taking a nap. But there was exploring to be done!

He began to skip through the flowers, bending down every now and then to take a sniff of them. They were really quite beautiful, and he was tempted to taste one, but remembered Warren's warning earlier, and thought better of it for once.

Besides, there was more interesting things to look around at. Specifically, the large town-looking thing in the distance!

"HEY MICHAEL!!!" Molokidan shouted in a shrill scream, the way a person would to someone in a neighboring building, vehicle, or aircraft, let alone just a bit down the pathway. "I'M GONNA GO CHECK OUT THAT TOWN THINGY!! OK?????"


wkz
 

Re: Mysterious Town-ho!

Unread postby wkz » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:42 pm

"Hey!! Stop running!! Stop..... woah~..." Klaus shouted, and then paused in amazement at the view in front of him, especially the unique horizon.

"At least we did not miss the island..." Klaus said to himself, as he looked transfixed at the bright scenery...


SALSAlys
 

Re: Mysterious Town-ho!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:01 pm

Damian glanced at his two companions, hands slung into the pockets of his coat.

"I want to head out, explore a bit. Probably in the opposite direction that the others are heading, but someone should stay behind and run communications. Anyone volunteering for the post, or do I head out on my own?"


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Mysterious Town-ho!

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:17 pm

Winfred smiled. Grinned, even. He put an arm around Molo's shoulder and said in the sweetest voice he could manage,

"Hey, Molokidan? I'm just curious... do you know what a bullet to the kneecap feels like? Because you're really close to finding out."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gc130a>GC130A</A] at: 12/9/04 18:49

User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Mysterious Town-ho!

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:51 pm

Chantelle said to Damian, "I'll help you explore. Unfortunately, I have no magic to help me communicate."


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:14 pm

"Huh?!" Molokidan stared up at Winfred, completely not understanding what the man was insinuating to him. "What do you mean, bullet through the kneecap? Nope, I've never been shot in my life, mister. Why do you ask? Honestly, I think guns are kinda boring. Do you like guns? I like swords better. How about swords, do you like swords?"


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:37 pm

Winfred thought to himself. Taking out the kid's legs would keep him from doing any harm to himself or anyone else, but it would also deprive him of a valuable piece of cannon fodder.

Still, it wouldn't do his conscience any favors to be shooting the kid with no warning he could understand. After this moment of consideration, he said evenly, "It's simple. If you don't quiet and calm the fuck down, I'll fucking shoot out your knees. Do you understand?"

It was extreme, but Molo was a neverending spring of bubbling enthusiasm. Win kinda hated that.


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:41 pm

Molokidan simply stared back at Winfred, still contemplating the words that he had just spoken.

He said he's gonna shoot me! SHOOT ME!!! Molokidan's mind was on overdrive now. It had completely tossed out the rest of the words that Winfred had said, and was now just rolling those two words over and over again -- "shoot", the ever-favorite "you".

Molokidan took a leap backwards and looked at Winfred with big, animal-like eyes. He put his head down, as if he was going to do something, and then suddenly. . .

He tossed his hands up into the air, looking at Winfred hysterically. "PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME!!!!" he shouted. "I'LL DO ANYTHING!! JUST DON'T SHOOT ME, OKAY!?!"


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:13 am

"I'll stay here. I might figure out how we're supposed to use our cabin to get back down to the ground. You two enjoy yourselves, and bring some rations from our cabin. Don't even trust the water. It could be poison."

Warren waves, puts on his goggles, and begins to poke around the compartment that they landed in, promptly ignoring his other two companions and thus editing out the rest of the world.

--------------------------------

As they go down the hill towards the town, few other things become visible. Precious few details have become clearer in the few meters they have traveled.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:45 am

Damian nodded his agreement, glancing about the cabin for supplies. He planned to take only a few of the bare necessities, preferring to travel lightly. With that accomplished, he strode out, expecting Chantelle to follow.


wkz
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby wkz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:55 am

Klaus was snapped out of his appreciation of nature by the nearby loud shouting... and saw Molokidan backing away from Winfred while screaming bloody murder.

Mistaking the situation, he ran towards the pair, and chivalrously inserted himself in between. "We are companions!!" Klaus shouted to the apparent gunman. "Dammit, you do NOT threaten companions!!"


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:19 am

Damian finds ample supplies- more than enough nurtitious wafers and various dried meats and spreads. There's also plenty of bottled water that's been distilled to make it pure. It may taste awful, but it's better than normal water for your water needs. Almost everything is pre-packaged in either paper or some kind of sealed foil wrap, and all of it is negligibly light as well as compact.

Light streams down through the trees as the sun passes over its zenith in the sky, signaling the end of high noon.
-----------------------------------

Outside of the forest, the air is growing warmer and warmer- warmer than air has any right to be in late autumn this high in the sky. Those wearing heavier garments to protect from the cold would be seriously uncomfortable.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:41 am

With the lightness of their supplies, Damian took a bit more than he otherwise would, but he didn't plan on staying out too long.

"We'll try to be back around or before nightfall," he called back to Warren as he retraced the steps of the others up to the fork.


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:44 pm

Winfred shot Michael a look that might've made an overweight chicken run with fear. Maybe; he wasn't terribly intimidating. His voice was condescending, "The hells you don't. You know this kid? I do. Either we leash him now or he gets us into more crap than a chocobo herd can make in a dragon's lifetime. Trust me on this one."

The glare turned to Molokidan. "Come here. I'll tell you what you have to do."


wkz
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby wkz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:49 pm

"Er... well.... I mean... I don't know this person.. er.." Klaus stammered under that slightly intimidating glance. Truth be told, he agrees with the gunman: he would rather Molo be locked up in the crash harness back at the .... the landing pod.

But under the knightly code-of-conduct, one just does not threaten to shoot allies...

And Klaus finally settled on middle ground: "Look... I'll help. Just don't be too rough on him, okays?" he said to Winfred.


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:33 am

Molokidan looked to Winfred with fearful eyes, casting a quick glance at Michael to try and figure out just who's side the rogue magician was on. He crept closer to Winfred, making sure to put space between the two of them, yet close enough so that they were more or less face to face.

Molokidan tried to look his most "intimidating", which really came down to puffing his upper lip out. He tried to look angry, a rather challenging feat for his young face. If anything, he looked like a kid who got slapped on the hand for taking too many cookies before dinner. He stood with his hands on his sides, trying to put his head up proudly. At his small height, though, it really didn't make much of a difference.

His eyes were emotional and fierce, but they didn't seem to hold any real malice behind them. Truthfully, in Molokidan's mind, he just wanted to play around, but this Winfred guy was indeed scaring him. With his limited logistics skills, he was doing what he thought best to avoid more trouble.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/14/04 4:34

GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:02 pm

Winfred sighed. Molo couldn't help the way he was. He was, after all, just a kid. A chronically stupid kid, but a kid nonetheless. He ate because he was hungry, nevermind the stealing. He yelled because it was hard to get people to pay attention to him. He ran around like a bunny because the island was exciting. Win had been like him before, and in some ways still was. It wasn't right to be quashing him like this.

But it had to be done. Behavior like that was going to put them all in danger. He had seen firsthand the destruction such unthinking enthusiasm could bring, and damned if he'd let it happen again. Besides, a little fear was good when he could get it.

His tone was softer than it had been before, but still commanding. He was trying to come across as reasonable, as opposed to shooting someone's kneecaps out. "Okay, listen. I know this is a great adventure, and an exciting new place, and all that. But there are some rules you need to follow if we're going to get out of this alive.

First, keep your voice down when we're right here. Second, if you find something, come and tell us before fiddling with it. Third, don't just go dashing off. And I don't think I need to tell you this, but if you find something dangerous, find help. That's not so hard, is it?"


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:02 pm

"Okay. . ." Molokidan listened closely to Winfred, taking in all that was spoken to him. The man's disposition had certainly changed from what it had been at first, and that put Molokidan at ease. Winfred didn't seem liable to put a few holes in him now. . .at least, Molokidan didn't think so.

"Okay...I won't touch stuff until I tell you guys, I'll be quiet, I won't run off, and if I see something dangerous, I'll find help." Amazingly, the kid was suddenly speaking in a normal, "indoor" voice, to Michael and Winfred. He nodded his head. "Don't worry, I won't do anymore bad stuff." he said. "We're a team, and we need to protect each other, so I will make sure not to do any stupid stuff again!!" His voice started to rise at the end of the sentence, but he quickly caught himself at brought it back down. Seems like the kid had a few brains, after all!


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:57 pm

Winfred grinned. "That's my boy. Now, lead on."


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:57 pm

"OH-kay!" Molokidan said, stifling his large "OH", and then pointing excitedly over at the town. "Let's head over there! I wonder if people live on this island or anything? And hopefully not, so we can take a lot of treasure." he said, looking to the others for approval.


wkz
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby wkz » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:15 pm

Klaus looked at Winfred in a glance, largely made of surprise that the kid was actually obeying instructions, and a bit of "shall we do this?" mixed in....

"Ok, why not. Lets go to the village."


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:44 pm

As they approach the town, it is quite clearly devoid of all life... though for how long is unclear. The condition of the various buildings is very good, and the roads are still in reasonably useable condition. There are probably somewhere in the area of thirty buildings in this place.

In the main square of the little town, there is a somewhat plain fountain that is still running at the intersection of the two main roads that divide the little town into four parts. The various buildings don't have doors but do have doorways, and they don't have shutters but they do have windows, giving the whole village a generally open-air feel.

The village itself is extremely clean and well-ordered, all of the buildings being roughly the same size and made of the same off-white material. Nothing that looks like it could have been a merchant's stall or a vendor's cart is there.

It is, quite honestly, a very boring place. The only movement is coming from the running water of the fountain, which makes a light splashing sound as it pours into the basin of the fountain and is then lost to the plumbing below.

The road that the group took into the town leads westward, back to the forest. To the north is what appears to be an open meadow, to the east is the river they spied earlier, and to the south is a road that goes out of the sight of the adventurers.

A new feature is visible from here, though. A clear lake is what is feeding the river. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting about the lake from where they are, though.
-----------------------------------

As Damian and Chantelle travel along the southeast path, they soon encounter a clearing that opens into a large, rolling field with what looks like a man-sized monument in the middle. The road they're on right now leads to something that looks like a small Acropolis, or an open-air temple. There's also a strange tower directly to the south-east off of the road with no visible entrance from this side.

(Klaus, Winfred, and Molokidan are now in The Village Square, and Chantelle and Damian are at Forest: Southeast Entrance.)

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 12/14/04 22:48

wkz
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby wkz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:25 am

"Nice place..." Klaus said, as he walked into the town "If I ever stop wandering the world, this would most likely be the place to settle down... But this place is just too well-kept for 'abandoned'. Where's everyone?"


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

WATER!

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:39 am

"Good point!" Molokidan said, his head flitting around like a drunken hummingbird. It didn't take the kid long to spy the fountain in the center of the town.

"Oh boy, good thing there is a fountain here!" he said, skipping over to it happily. "Man am I thirsty!" and with that, began to bend down and take a hearty gulp of the clear, gushing water.


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: WATER!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:10 pm

In the fountain, Molokidan sees a smattering of coins along the base of the basin in which the water flows. They're uniformly green, at least from what he can see.


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:55 pm

Chantelle looked around a bit, before deciding on a direction. "I say we head toward the monument first. That way, after we see it, we can keep going toward that temple or that tower."


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:40 pm

"It doesn't look like anyone was ever here," Winfred remarked. "I'll check out the houses, and Molo! Remember what Warren told you about the food and water!"


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:40 pm

Molokidan listened to Winfred and racked his brain, trying to remember what Warren had told him about food and water.

"Let's see. . ." he said, trying his best to think hard about the subject at hand. "When I gave him the nut, he wouldn't let me eat it, because he wanted someone to. . .oh, that's right! He wanted someone to check and see if there was anything wrong with it or not!"

Molokidan looked back at the clear, blue water, gushing out from the fountain. "But I'm so thirsty. . ."

He turned around back to Michael. "Michael!!!" he shout-whispered. "Please come over here really fast so that I can drink water!!"


wkz
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby wkz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:26 pm

"Alright, coming, coming" Klaus said loudly from where he was examing a house from its doorway. He walked over to Molo's fountain, and started inspecting it, with astral, smell, touch and taste (in that order)...

"Green coins?" he thought in a corner of the mind, as he checked the water....

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 12/15/04 23:29

The Great Nevareh
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:59 am

The water, astrally, is apparently made of asbestos mixed with dried chili peppers and served with a white wine glaze that is none too pleased to see him.

However, it smells and feels like cool, clean water with no poisonous impurities, and it tastes exactly like clean spring water.


User avatar
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:40 am

"So?!?!" Molokidan said to Michael excitedly, shaking him by his robes fanatically. "Is it okay? I can drink it, right? Right???"


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:51 pm

Winfred gently lobbed a skin of water at his eager companion Molokidan. Even if it was a waste of water, it didn't look a scarce commodity in these parts. Without waiting to see the result of his toss, he went inside the nearest house to check it out.


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:58 pm

As Winfred Whybrew crossed the threshhold of the house, he was confronted with an amazing sight: Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary!

The interior of the house lacks a single stick of furniture (which isn't all that unexpected), as well as any kind of fixtures that one might normally expect of a house. It does, however, have a second storey, which can be conveniently reached by jumping 16 feet into the air through that hole in the cieling.

The interior is as bland as the exterior- the same matte-off white material is all-pervasive, with a few rooms that open from the one that Winfred is currently in, all of which look equally empty from where he is.


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Reindeer

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:15 pm

Avast, Win mused. An empty house the like o' which I've not seen since the kraken raids. Arr!

Following up on this thought, he went through several other houses to see if booty could be had. He also made a mental note to get Klaus to hoist him up later.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank