Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:55 pm

Falchetta twisted in her chair to watch Jansen, though stayed put as asked. Though she did want to follow him, and likely would if anyone else tried.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:02 pm

Marius also stood, heading over to the door to see what the commotion was. So far, the sleepy rural town myth didn't seem to be holding up so well. Then again, towns without giant frogs terrorising the vicinity were probably a bit quieter.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:21 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Oh. Right."

Jansen poked his head back in the bar.

"You stay put too, wings. I'll handle this."

He then returned his attention to the situation at hand...</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am

"Yippppeeee!" shrieked the fairy. And with that she began bouncing after Janson.

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx at: 7/20/04 6:11 pm

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm

"Hey, wait up!" Falchetta squeeked as she jumped off her seat to follow. She didn't want her new friends to leave her behind.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:08 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"..." Jansen slapped his hand onto his face.

Hey, you, Ishtar, he half-prayed, wouldja mind hitting me with lightning or something? Just... get me away from the brats... for a second...</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:47 pm

From the door, it was initially difficult to determine what the ruckus was about.

But at the very moment that Jansen had poked his head into the bar to tell Whisper to stay put, Marius saw the situation come into view. A creature looking nothing so much as a blue, humanoid toad was being dragged through the village by the determined village militia. With its claws, which started from the back of its hand and extended about three feet, it seemed bizarre that the thing wouldn't have already used them to free itself from the militia. Another clear feature of the monstrosity was its attire - the creature wore a light suit of chainmail, with runes etched into parts of it, and a gray tunic and pants over it.

The creature continued struggling. Around the time that the group had gathered at the door, the frog-creature again yelled, "I hope you realize..." The creature struggled a moment before continuing, "....that you people have the wrong one!"

It was clear that this frog-creature had been the source of the feminine voice the group had heard within the inn. It also seemed the creature's efforts were only aggravating her captors. One of the militia members turned and slammed a fist into the back of her skull, apparently to try and get her to shut up.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:09 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Figured that bigger equals dumber thing would bite me in the arse...

"Hey! Here now! That's unneccessary, fella!" He stepped in between the frogwoman and her captor.

"You don't know a thing about collecting bounty, do you? You do NOT strike a prisoner unless threatened. And I don't think this... ... something or other-jin threatened you by saying she's innocent... did she?"

By now, Jansen had pushed back his coat, revealing his handgun. He'd bring the fight, if they did...</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 7/21/04 8:29 am

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:07 am

Falchetta tried to wedge her way past Jansen to get a better look at what was happening. "Hey!" She called out, "If the froggy says you have the wrong one, you shouldn't beat him up! Because you have the wrong one!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:25 am

Marius stepped out himself, placing a hand on Jansen's arm to forestall any rash gestures. "Suppose we start from the beginning," he said calmly, "It seems clear what you suspect your captive of. May I ask what evidence you have to substantiate your position?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:23 pm

"Are you people blind?" one of the militiamen started. "Look at her and tell me.... how can you say she's NOT the criminal? She matches the description perfectly!"

The creature continued to struggle, and it was at this point that Marius recalled hearing something about the real criminal in the rumors. Not one of the descriptions of the creature he may have heard had the creature wearing any sort of clothing. Especially not chainmail.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:04 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... You're an idiot. A bloody f@#$ing idiot, you know that? If a cat scratches your leg, do you tie up the first nekojin you find? When they said giant frog, they probably meant HOUSE size, you stupid git! She's just a ..."

Jansen paused, and turned to the frog woman. "What do I call you? Froggiejin? Toadperson? Help me out here..."</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:13 pm

"You're the idiot for interfering in militia business," the smart-mouthed militiaman retorted. "Why don't you people get out of here before I arrest you too?"

Another of the militiamen - the one actually holding the frog-creature - gave the smart-mouthed one an odd glance before looking to Jansen. "The stress of taking all the credit for the creature's capture has gotten to his head. Still, this thing DOES match the description - it's certainly as big as the survivors said it was. Has the same features, like those claws."

The frog-creature seemed a little dazed from the punch dealt to her - and she didn't answer Jansen right away.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:21 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen said one thing.

"Prisoner and she."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:45 pm

The tiny fey could only see that someone was hurt, so she began to tip toe towards the frog, wings quivering.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:22 am

"Indeed," Marius said, "And might I enquire as to what form of clothing is mentioned in the description?"

A more obvious question was exactly how the militia had been able to so easily subdue a creature capable of destroying whole towns. Not that so deriding their abilities, however accurate such an assessment might be, would go down well...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:36 am

Falchetta went blank again for a minute, as she processed what was happening.

"If she's right though, you're gonna feel REAALLLY bad." She nods. "And it'll make you look really bad, too." She nods again. "And Ma said it's not good to guess that something's right, because guessing is the same as...Uh, assuming, and assuming makes a donky of you!" She nodded twice.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:53 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... what the kid said."</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:40 pm

The militiaman thought about it for a while. Or at least it felt like a while. Then he finally responded, with a hinted attempt at sympathy, "I'd release her if I could, but you're telling this to the wrong guy. Take it up wi-"

This militiaman suddenly found the fist of the smartmouth, who seemed to be a militia captain, slamming into his skull. In the same motion, but with the other arm, the frog-creature was pulled from his grasp. When the motion ended, the 'captain' had an entire arm around the frog-creature's body, and the militiaman previously holding the creature was now on the ground.

The unwilling transfer provoked another sudden struggle from the captive. During this, the captain said, "What a weak-hearted man. Captives are never to be released."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:01 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen's handgun was already drawn.

"Now, see... now that was just stupid, pal. Now you've gone and shown the world your idiocy. You could have kept your mouth shut, and towed the line, but no. It isn't too late though, mate.

"Let the frog go, and we can all talk about this like civil folk, alright?"</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 8/3/04 8:57 am

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:23 pm

Falchetta took this time to walk right infront of the captain and the froggie-jin, and glare as well as she could at him, though her glares were often called 'cute', or similar things.

"Let him go, or I'm gonna...Beat you up!"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:55 am

As soon as Falchetta finished, a familiar voice could be heard some distance away.

"No need for it."

Those looking behind the captain would see a certain gray-furred garoujin - the same one the group had met within the inn. It was clearer now that she was incredibly short - not even four and a half feet tall. From this view, her sword was also more clearly taller than her - the sword seemed to have a foot of height over her.

"I had to suspect something was wrong with the captain. Now drop her."

Rather than do so, the captain just blinked. When he did so, however, his eyes suddenly took on an appearance like that of the captive's - in other words, they became frog-like eyes. And not just for a moment either - the captain's eyes stayed that way after the blink.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen blinked. "W-... wait... oh, you're kidding me... oh, you bastard... can I shoot him now? Can I? Cuz now would be the best time..."</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:28 am

"Gah!"

Falchetta jumped back a bit. "This is what Da said would happen! They'd come looking like people, but they wouldn't be people, they'd be something else, and, and, and...! GAAH!"

She took this opportunity to hide behind Jansen, mumbling a bit.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:26 pm

"If you have a clear shot and only then," Marius murmured to Jansen, before stepping slightly closer to the supposed militia captain, "You may have the advantage at the moment, sir," he said, "But surely it is clear that you cannot hope to escape with your captive in tow."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 pm

The captain responded, "I don't need to take her. I've already taken what I need from this city."

Without further speaking, the captain adjusted his hold on his captive..... and shoved her right into Jansen, knocking both of them over. Then the captain turned and said, "I guess I won't need this anymore."

It was at this point that he bolted, running as fast as he could from the group..... but as he did, he started to take the form of the frog-creature he had moments ago been holding - except, of course, he was still in the captain's attire. Granted, by the time he reached full size, most of that clothing had burst, the unfortunate victims of an overexpanding wearer. The only clothing that didn't burst, in fact, were his trousers, and even most of the leg portion had torn off from muscular expansion.

The garoujin began to chase after him, though it was pretty clear she wouldn't be able to catch up.

(FYI, at this moment, you are all still within sight of the creature that was once the captain.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:47 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen quickly and gently passed the woman off to Whisper. "Take care of her," he said curtly, and took flight after the frog, gun drawn and anger at a fever pitch.

If he even BLINKS at me wrong when I catch him, I'm going to beat him senseless with my gunbutt...

(Oh. One thing. If battle is initiated, I wish to perform Quickdraw.)</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 8/12/04 1:39 am

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:22 am

"Hey, wait up!" Falchetta called. She didn't like the aspect of being left behind much, even if the others were still there- she wanted to help!

And thus she began putting her abilities to use- Attempting to use her magic to force herself into the air, and give chase- She knew well she could move much faster that way than walking- As it was, after all, for chumps.

(Using Float, then giving chase- And I realise I forgot to put her movement speed while floating on her sheet, so Div can contact me for that info, or just figure something out himself ^^;)

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 8/12/04 1:23 am

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:31 pm

"Oh my oh my oh my!" Poor Whisp sagged under the froggies weight, her strength not being a strong point ( HAR HAR), and tried to lay her comfortably on the ground, looking her over for immediate wounds.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:44 pm

Despite some bruising here and there, the frog-creature Whisper was attending to had no severe exposed wounds.

The one that Jansen, Falchetta, and the garoujin were chasing, however, realized his new trouble. For a moment, it was as if his oversized claws - in the exact same position on him as they were on the other frog-creature - glowed with an eerie light.

For a split second, he turned to his pursuers....

(Most group members are too far away to do anything to the fleeing creature, but Jansen gets a single attack if he so desires it.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:04 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen aimed as carefully as he could. Much as he wanted to put a bullet in the "captain's" brain, he aimed for a disabling shot to the leg. He maintained pursuit, tried to keep up, but he wasn't sure if he'd hit the target. He'd just had to have a little faith.

He fires. (Attack w/ Pistol)</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:16 pm

As Jansen fired, the creature did a full twist with his claws out, ceasing to run for just that moment.

When he continued his retreat, the ground between him and the group possessed the same glow. Jansen could tell that between the fact that the creature resumed running without any hint of pain and the lack of blood on the ground, he had missed.

Meanwhile, Falchetta arrived at the glowing part of the ground first, and in her attempts to pursue the creature, she floated right into it - and to her, it felt as if she had hit a glass wall.

(Jansen missed, Falchetta takes 12 subdual damage as a result of hitting that wall.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:37 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">If Jansen hadn't grown... OK, he admitted it... a little fond of the little angel, he'd have snickered. But under the situation, he found nothing funny about it. He looked from the escaping frog to the hurt little girl on the ground... and made his choice.

He ran to the place where Falchetta crashed. "Hey... you alright, little miss?"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:23 pm

Now, Falchetta had her share of pain in the past- Bursting into flames several times, physical abuse at the hands of Father Odine, smacking into other people, falling from hights when her teleportation acted up...But slamming into what seemed to be a glass wall was new for her. She floating backwards a bit, staggering, and fell into a sitting position in mid-air, the aireal equivolent of falling on one's bottom.

"Mr...Mr P-person...I ran into a wa-ha-haalll!"

She was trying to be brave, she really was- Her Ma had told her that it's not good to cry all the time. But even rubbing the spot she colided into the wall with, it still really kinda hurt.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:33 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Um... uh... I know... you'll be OK, alright? Stiff upper lip, uh?" Jansen stuttered. He didn't quite know what to do with his hands. Should he hug her, should he do... something else...? In the end, he simply investigated this "barrier" that she'd collided with...</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:52 pm

Marius, for his part, had opted to check on the captive, reckoning that her welfare was more important than rushing after the frog creature and most likely failing to catch him. That opinion was, unfortunately, borne out when Falchetta crashed headlong into an invisible wall.

Reaching the... Well, other frog, he supposed, Marius set about checking her for any serious injuries. She seemed a bit battered, but hopefully that would be the worst of it.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:03 pm

Upon closer inspection, Jansen noted that the barrier was impossible to see. Impossible, that is, except for one detail. The ground remained glowing for quite a while, and it seemed that the area where the barrier was happened to be at the same spot as the areas where the ground was glowing.

Marius, meanwhile, noted that the only injury of any big concern was the bruise on the back of her head. It wasn't until Marius had finished checking that she spoke, her voice still hoarse.

"Is he gone?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:04 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen grumbled, gave the wall a final whack with his gunbutt, and holstered the weapon.

He called to the little angel. "C'mere, 'Chetta... ever interviewed a witness before?"</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:16 pm

"For the moment, yes," Marius said, nodding, "Though how long that state of affairs will continue, I couldn't say." There were a number of questions he had, but those could wait for the moment. There was, after all, no sense in making her repeat herself because all the concerned parties hadn't been present to begin with.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:43 pm

Falchetta floated to her feet once again, for lack of a better word, and made her way to Jansen. She bit her lip, like her Da had told her to do when she needed to be brave- She knew crying now would only get her made fun of, as it always had in the orphanage- Or it would just make her look like a big crybaby.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs