Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Re: Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:32 pm

"Worse than that," Kanariel answered simply.

"Even I'm not exactly sure what happens when someone gets bitten by one of the slaadi. All I know is that it's one of the worst fates anyone can suffer."

Kanariel looked around again nervously. It was clear that she sounded uncomfortable about the issue. "Perhaps you all should get moving before he returns, so you have a chance to prevent suffering?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:12 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Good damn idea," Jansen said, standing up and heading for the door.

... and then, he paused, and stopped, and turned around. He walked over to the innkeep, and whispered something in his ear...

And then, he continued out the door, pushing past his compatriates. "Well? You folks coming or not?"</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 pm

Marius nodded, rising from his own seat, "Indeed. The sooner begun, the better," he said. He'd be making a stop along the way to stock up on some healing potions, and then it would be on to the mayor's house.

Divinegon2130

Since it seems clear only I can keep this moving....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:59 pm

"I'm sure as hell not waiting around," the garoujin said in an upbeat tone. "Even if we are dealing with chaos freaks."

She looked about ready to say more, but when Kanariel stared at her, she backed down and instead turned her focus to Whisper and Falchetta.

"Well? You two ready?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Since it seems clear only I can keep this moving....

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:45 am

Falchetta nodded multiple times, before floating quickly after. "Wait up for me! I wanna help beat the rumor! I'm gonna be a hero!" And, as she stopped shouting, she began humming something- A fast, upbeat little tune, though her humming was far too offkey to make it sound good.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: Since it seems clear only I can keep this moving....

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:42 am

The fey woman turned and looked at them, a questioning look on her face, thoughts flickered in and out of her head like faulty lightbulbs on the blink.

"Uh...Okay!" She stood and smoothed out her skirt which was still wet, and bounded to the door in such a cheerful spirit, you'd think she was going to pick daiseys instead of doing anything even mildly dangerous.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:21 pm

Marius, for his part, smiled slightly at the behaviour of his younger companions. Well, Whisper acted younger than he was, anyway. What her actual age was, he had no idea.

He himself covered the ground to the door more slowly. Checking both directions down the street, he tried to see if there were any establishments that might sell such things as potions.

Divinegon2130

Finally!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:06 am

Before the group could get too far, the garoujin looked to the ground for a moment and then said, "I'll give you people some time to get any supplies, although with the size of this town there probably isn't much..... when you're ready, meet me on the west side of town."

With Yinkar being a small town, Marius was unable to find any very obvious potion-selling establishments. In fact, there was only one store in town, and it appeared from the outside only to sell groceries and the like. However, the lone front window did not provide a very good look inside the place....

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Finally!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:43 am

Marius shrugged and entered the store, checking the shelves for anything potion-like. If there wasn't anything in here, he'd have to do without, since it didn't seem anywhere else in town would have them.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:35 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen was not in the mood to hang about. He wanted to beat that frog down as soon as possible. So, when he left, he made a beeline for where that invisible wall was, and with any luck, it'd dissipated and he could see if the bloody thing could be found...</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:16 pm

All Marius found that even remotely resembled potions were five small vials of reddish liquid. They were certainly labelled as potions, but the type of potion was not so clearly labelled - and the potions themselves looked to cost about 60 gil each.

As for Jansen, when he returned to the scene of their run-in with the slaadi, that wall did in fact appear to be gone - although the only trace he found of the creature's passing was the remnants of the uniform of the guard captain the creature had been impersonating.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">In a bit of a hushed whisper, Jansen told her, "Don't know yet kiddo, but it's where the bad guy is. Still got that ring?

"And hey! What about that bloodhound?" he cried...</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 1/19/05 22:23

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:28 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen picked up the little bit of uniform, and thought.

Hmmmm... can't track a fella with such little evidence, he thought. Or at least, I can't...

He returned to the inn, hopefully for the last time. He hung his head in the door and called to the innkeeper, "Hey! Anyone got a bloodhound or something in this damn town?"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:35 pm

Falchetta, for her part, was content to follow Jansen, floating quietly just a couple feet behind him. Quietly, that is until she decided it was time to speak up. "...Where are we going, again?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:58 pm

Falchetta nodded happily a couple dozen times, and held up her hand, the ring resting in her palm.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:39 am

Marius simply scooped up three of the potions and approached the counter. If he needed more than three, he was probably in deep trouble anyway.

"Standard healing potions, I take it?" He asked the clerk, fishing out the appropriate coinage.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:39 am

Whisper had no money. Whisper really doesn't understand the concept of money. Whisper thinks money is stupid. Holding true to this, she simply follows behind Falchetta, mimicing her movements, grinning ear to ear at the chance to help out soon.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:06 am

"I think the town guard lost most of its bloodhounds a week ago," the innkeeper responded. "You can still try and ask them, but I'm not certain they'll have what you're seeking."

"Well.... I'm not sure what you call standard," the clerk told Marius. "I would suggest you don't expect those to, say, completely heal a wound dealt by anything bigger than a short sword. But that's only a guess from what previous customers have told me."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:02 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... ALL of them a week ago? What happened, the Dog Eating Monster roll into town?"

Jansen groaned. "Alright. I'm still gonna go check. Just you watch, they'll have one..."

He turned to his two winged shadows. "You two stay here and annoy that bloke, alright? Poke him, throw things at him... uh... yeah. Do that till I get back." With that, Jansen headed off for the local guardhouse...</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:27 pm

"Excellent," Marius said, handing over the cash and pocketing the potions. "I'm going to be spending a little while out in the wilderness over the next few days. Is there anything you think I should know?"

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Whisper plopped down on the ground and silently waited, she pondered the life, the universe, how divine daisy humor was....

All the while, her mind didn't touch on the seriousness of the situation. Whisp is totally childlike, she only knew that they would take care of the problem, and that was enough. She had complete faith in her companions, Mr. Trouble most. So she didn't bother with planning or setting things right, she'd rather contemplate flower hijinx.

(Div, I don't check that forum, and it was too abstract for me to even bother checking it as you didn't put anything in the title dealing with CC. If you're threatning people with NPCship, try to at least make it noticable. I only found out by chuck. Also, Whisp has nothing to do. I can use space eating posts as such above, but it's only been two posts aside from yourself since i last posted. And your last post completely dealt with other characters.)

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Falchetta continued to float as Janson walked away. Begining to float in slow circles, she hummed to herself, quietly.

(Likewise, Div, Falchetta ain't really doing much. Not that she has nothing to do, mind, she just doesn't grasp what can be done. :( )

Divinegon2130

Now to uphold my end.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:41 pm

Jansen found the local guardhouse suspiciously empty at first glance. Upon further inspection, he found one guard still there. This one was definitely a fairly old guard... he had to have looked older than thirty. He was in full uniform and seemed to be in deep concentration.

"Well, the only thing I've heard," the clerk told Marius, "is that the animals have been less frequent. Dunno if they're just scared or if something's eating them or what."

The innkeep watched Falchetta and Whisper with what might have seemed to be a hint of suspicion. Apparently Jansen's parting words hit a sour note or something on him.

(Okay, from here on out, if I haven't posted within TWO days someone is to get my attention.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Now to uphold my end.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:06 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen grinned. If there was one thing he LOVED, it was spooking guards. The whole "borrowing his dog to help save this town from annihilation" thing went to the back of his mind for the moment, and he unloaded his revolover quickly and silently.

Tiptoeing quietly, he inched over to the guard, and pointed the empty weapon at his face.

And softly, he said... "Boo."</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 3/5/05 10:13

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:40 am

Marius nodded thoughtfully, "Something to bear in mind, anyway. My thanks." With that, he turned and made his way out of the store, heading back to meet up with the others.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Marius ran into very few problems on the way back. When he did meet up with Whisper and Falchetta, the innkeeper glanced at him with a hint of suspicion.

To Jansen's surprise, the guard did not move. Either he was completely lost in his own world or something more sinister was at work.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:01 pm

"Hi, kids," Marius said as he walked up, "Jansen's off making preparations, I take it?" He wasn't quite sure what had prompted the suspicious look. The kids seemed to be behaving themselves, and Jansen had seemed a fairly sensible type.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:51 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... sonova</span><span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:xx-small;">bitch</span>,"<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;"> Jansen grumbled. He put the gun away, muttering something along the lines of,</span> <span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:xx-small;">"stupidassguardruinmyfuni'llshowyouyauniformwearin'bastard"</span><span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">, and then SLAMMED his hands on the guard's desk.

"HEY! SPANKY! GOT A QUESTION TO ASK!"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:55 am

Falchetta flipped in mid air- Actually, only a half flip, as she was now suspended upside down, looking at Marius. "Hey, it's...That other...guy..."

She flailed to right herself, then floated to Marius quickly. "So, what's going on?! Do we get to go kill a rumor?!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:21 pm

Marius couldn't help but smile. In his experience, rumours were tricky, all-pervasive things, practically impossible to kill. Strange frog-creatures, on the other hand, were an entirely different matter.

"In time, in time," he said, "First we have to find it."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:18 pm

It took a few moments for the lone guard to open his eyes. When he did, he gave Jansen a very evil look.

"Just when I'm trying to contact the Doman Guard for more help, you come along and have to yell. What the HELL do you want?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:49 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen was unaffected by the guard's anger. However, he WAS affected by his earlier "rudeness", so he simply, abruptly, said, "Dogs. Bloodhounds. So I can track that froggy piece of crap what's threatening your little hamlet. Got any?"</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:39 pm

"Good luck with that," the guard responded. "All the dogs - in fact, nearly every one of our animals - disappeared in the last week. We tried to keep them locked up, but they just kept vanishing."

He paused for a moment and added, "Cobalt's the only animal left. Normally I don't do this, but just go in the back and you should be able to find her."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:58 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen paused. "Now, you say animal as if..." He paused again. "You know what? As long as it has a valid sniffer, I don't care what the hell it is..."

He went into the back, muttering a quick "Thanks", in search of the beast.

"Now," he said to himself, "what kind of poncy beast we got stowed back here?"</span>

Divinegon2130

The lack of prodding is irking me.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:50 pm

When Jansen went looking for Cobalt, his initial search for the beast turned up empty.

But not long afterward he discovered there was a wolf sniffing him. It was a fairly big wolf, as well, and had unusually blue fur - or more accurately, cobalt-colored fur. It also had a distinctive green collar around its neck and a silver tag of sorts hanging from the collar.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Helps if you log onto AIM.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:45 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen grinned as he crouched to pet the wolf.

"Well, you are a pretty beast, aren't you? Just my type. Cobalt, is it? Well, I'm Jansen. Nice to meet you..."

He then checked around for a leash or something...</span>

Divinegon2130

Re: Helps if you log onto AIM.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:25 pm

Cobalt seemed to appreciate being petted. As for the leash, it took quite a while of searching - in fact, Jansen didn't notice it until he almost tripped over it.

After a while, the wolf sat on its haunches.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:42 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen clipped the leash onto Cobalt's collar, and told him, "C'mon boy, let's go get us a bad guy, huh?"

As he passed through to the front of the guardhouse, he mumbled a quick "thanksi'llbringhimbackassoonasIcan" and left the building, trying to remember where the heck that frog freak left some of his scent behind...

... oh. Right. He then removed the piece of uniform he had picked up earlier and put it under his nose.

"Now, this is a BAD scent, OK, boy? A BAD BAD man belongs to this scent. Now... let's go get 'im!"</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 4/24/05 11:30

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am

It wasn't long before Cobalt found the scent. And as he (and Jansen as well) followed it, it was starting to become very clear that the thief had skipped town.

Just as the two were starting to get within sight of a small keep relatively close to the town, Cobalt suddenly yelped in pain.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:53 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen was shocked. As he saw to his wolven friend, he at the same time drew his sidearm. If it was a physical attack, he was ready... if it were magical or psychic...

Well, he was up the creek without a paddle. He swallowed hard.

"HEY! Can I get some help over here, fellow bounty hunters?"</span>

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs