Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue May 25, 2004 9:25 am

Whisper shook her head impatiently and motioned for Mr. Trouble to get on with it.

(yep that's my totally fascinating post. And i'll have to disappear again until thursday so if charles would be kind enough to take care of her until then.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 2:38 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Huh... they should have beer there... C'mon you two, let's get in from the rain..." Jansen said, as he ushered them towards the inn...

It was probably a bad idea to hunt a frog when it's wet and marshy anyways...</span>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu May 27, 2004 5:02 pm

Falchetta nodded, allowing herself to be ushered. The rain didn't bother her much, though her Ma had always told her that lingering in the rain too long can make someone sick- And the last thing she wanted was to get sick.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri May 28, 2004 1:35 pm

Whisper bounced inside, shaking her mass of soaking wet blue hair rather like a dog, followed by a couple of twirls, she makes her way indoors, following the horrid Mr. Trouble.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat May 29, 2004 11:08 pm

The inn that Falchetta, Whisper, and Jansen wound up entering was quite a small one. It was a nearly deserted one as well, with the exception of three people.

A garoujin and another man (Marius) were at the same table, with the innkeeper looking towards the newcomers.

"I don't exactly expect the creature to be beaten alone," the garoujin continued. "I'm going to probably NEED help."

(If the rest of you want the descriptions of the innkeeper and the garoujin, look up further to the point where Marius had entered the inn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 29, 2004 11:16 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Find me a babysitter and I'll come along," piped up Jansen. "Kids seem to cling to me like chocobo droppings..."

He remembered himself. "Also, any money you'd throw my way would be nice..."</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun May 30, 2004 1:44 am

"Creature?" Falchetta asked. That word alone had gotten her interest- One of her worst fears when her Ma died was that the creatures that her Ma had always protected her against while she slept would finally track her down. So, when the word came up...She quickly grabbed onto Jansen's leg, and held tight.

"Creatures are here?! But...But I don't wanna be eatten, and my Ma's not around to save me from them!"

And then it hit her like a brick- Or, rather, she could hit them with one. A magical brick, but a brick none the less. She didn't have her magic powers when her Ma was alive, but she sure did now. She let go of Jansens leg and threw her miniature cloak dramaticly. "I wanna help beat the creatures! Ma and Da would, so I want to, too!"

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun May 30, 2004 12:20 pm

Whisper blinks for a moment, then mimics the smaller girls pose. "I'm coming too, to heal things!"

Too bad she announced this in the Fey tongue, catching her mistake she quickly repeats it in the common tongue, stopping her pose.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun May 30, 2004 10:28 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen just groaned and ran his hand from his face to the back of his head. "Y'see what I have to deal with? Please don't tell me they're coming..."</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon May 31, 2004 4:18 am

Marius blinked at the new arrivals. It was almost eerie how quickly the garoujin had drawn supporters. He shook the sensation off. The three were clearly a group, even if one seemed to be a slightly unwilling member.

Still, the idea of recruiting children to any cause, even if one of them seemed to be one of the fae, didn't sit well with him. Unfortunately, even on such a short acquaintance, he suspected that they'd just follow along anyway if they were forbidden to come.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:24 am

"But...I want to come." Falchetta mumbled, not breaking her pose beyond tilting her head up to look at Jansen. "Ms. Fern would want me to, she said I should use my magic to help people and stuff! And beat up bad men. And creatures sound like bad men to me!" She accentuated this with a sagely nod...

...Still staying in the same pose.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:50 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... aaagh... " Jansen was always a bit of a sucker for kids.

"Fine, fine, you can come, ya little... nipper. Just be sure to watch my back, alright?"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:48 am

Falchetta took a moment to ponder what was just said-

Before circling around to take a gaze at Jansens back. "What, does it do tricks or something? That would be neat!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:34 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"..." Jansen just had to take a pause. Remember... just a kid...

"Actually, that means make sure nothing pointy or painful goes into it, OK?"</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:09 pm

After a little chuckling at Falchetta's attitude, the garoujin stood, taking her reading material with her. It seemed to really be a map that looked like it was torn out of a notebook. She then turned to address the group more properly.

"Okay then, here's the deal. I already told the mayor of this town that I was going after the creature, and I promised to meet with him before I left. That's going to be an hour from now. I know there's not much in this town, but if you have any need to gather supplies, do that, and meet me at the mayor's house."

Without another word, the garoujin headed outside. The innkeeper mumbled, "Thank Ishtar SHE's gone."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:36 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... wait, that was a woman?"

Huh... guess I've met bitchier...</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:32 am

"I feel introductions are in order," Marius said after a few moments, bowing his head slightly to the three before him, "Marius Hawk, at your service."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:35 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen almost said his real name. Then he thought better. Or he thought he should at least keep up the illusion for the little ones.

"You can call me Mr. Trouble..."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:48 pm

Whisper took a jumping step foreward, then gracefully flicked her wings, and did a sweeping curtsy to the floor, her bedraggled dress, making her look somewhat silly.

"I am Whisper of the fey, guardian of the forest, healer, and tree spirit."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:57 pm

Falchetta finally snapped out of her pose, and bowed enthusiasticly at Marius.

"Falchetta Pandorini! I can use magic and stuff, and I'm a good wizard! ...Not one of the bad ones Da didn't like. Mrs. Fern told me so!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:45 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Anyways, now that that's out of the way, where's a bloke gotta do to get some food around here? Can't fight evil toads on an empty stomach..."</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:28 pm

(OOC: Okay, I'm well aware how slow this is going. Blame it on sporadic availability and the fact I'm trying to think of things proper.)

Upon that, the innkeeper focused his eyes on Jansen.

"Hang on a minute, will ya?"

The innkeeper started looking for the nearest menu, pushing it toward Jansen. "Business has been extremely slow, so the prices are going to be lower than what the menu says. Can't really say how much."

He hesitated and continued, "I hate the rumors that run rampant through these towns."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A] at: 6/20/04 8:33 pm

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:02 am

The mention of rumors had piqued Falchetta's interest a bit, as she wandered closer to the bar and glanced up. "Rumors? What rumors? Ma always said that rumors were ugly, and mean, and rude! Is that what the creature is?"

This was said with a perfectly straight face- It seemed she honestly thought that the creature was, infact, a rumor.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:45 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"A rumour's a bit of info that gets passed around by word of mouth, little one. Might or might not be true, that's the trouble..."

Gotta be a few about me, he thought to himself....

"Anyways," he said to the inkeep as he began to scan the menu, "these one of those helpful rumours or the kind about how Alice down the street has been sleeping with the milkman for three weeks now?"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:30 am

"Maybe the milkman just helps her fall asleep?" Falchetta wondered aloud. "Like when Ma would let me sleep in her bed when someone was on the spire too long..."

She took the time to look around a little, and climb into the closest chair she could find to the bar.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 am

Marius smiled faintly. Ah, the innocence of youth... "I think these are more the 'a giant froglike creature is terrorising the countryside and it might be a good idea to get out of town' kind of rumours myself," he said, "Helpful in their way, but not exactly good for business."

He glanced at the menu for a few moments, "I'll just get a ham sandwich," he said to the innkeeper.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:05 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Except that that's fact," Jansen retorted, and ordered a warm chicken sandwich, mashed potatoes with gravy, and whatever Baronian beer they had.

"They wouldn't post a reward for a wild frog chase..."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:35 pm

Without looking at the menu, for menus were silly things with words that she didn't understand, Whisper merely stated, "I want plant fiber." She then smiles politely and stands beside Mr. Trouble, trying to keep up with the current conversation, to add to the effect that she was understanding, she stroked her chin, and furrowed her brow, and made a gentle "mmmHmmmmm" noise.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:50 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen leaned over to Whisper. "I think the word you're searching for is garden salad, lil miss..."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:54 pm

Whisper raised an eyebrow, it never made sense when people had more than one word for things. But she went with it anyhow, "Yeah. Salad....."

(EGADS will this live again, *Tries to beat some life into it*)

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx at: 7/12/04 6:30 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:46 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry for the lack of GMing recently, but my train of thought keeps getting derailed in this regard. If it ever gets to three days without me GMing again and an RPer's posted in that time, I'll need an RPer to nag me.)

The innkeeper had given Whisper an odd look before Jansen spoke up. After writing down what the patrons had ordered, he then headed back for a moment to an area out of sight of the patrons, and yelling could be heard.

When the innkeeper returned, he looked to Marius. "Anyway..... the rumor that really gets to me is claiming that this town's going to be in the path of the frog's rage. Really, I think the intent's just to put me out of business."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:14 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Sounds more like the intent's to warn you before you die a ridiculous death at the hands of a frog, of all things."

Jansen leaned in close. "This is Doma, friend. Lie or not, it's sure as hell possible..."</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:22 pm

Falchetta sat in her stool, idly contemplating getting some milk, before the talk of amphibions got her attention again.

"Why would a frog kill people? Frogs are neat!...But slimey. Slimey, but neat!...But I still want to help, if it's a frog monster....Hey, can I have a glass of milk?...And a cookie?"

Of course, Falchetta had no money to pay for said milk and cookie, though this didn't stop her from asking- She had no idea money was even needed.

(Edit: Fixing a couple errors I left in when I went and rewrote said post to make myself look less dum. :( )

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 7/13/04 4:01 am

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:35 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen made an unheard motion to the innkeep to put the cookie on his tab, and then turned to Falchetta.

"It's a fact of life, little one. The bigger something gets, the meaner it gets. It's nature's way."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:25 am

Whisper sat and pondered this, why would the frog be so intent on hurting people? On making all this trouble... Maybe the people in this area had done something to make the frog mad. Whisper did not know, but she would do her best to figure all this out.

"I'm gonna stay, an' if he comes, I'm going to ask him why. Then if he's mean, stop him."

She then nodded, making her blue pigtails bounced, which were drying now slightly from the rain.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:54 pm

If that's true, then we can simply sit and wait for the frog to come to us, Marius thought, But I doubt we'd enjoy the consequences of that.

"It seems more likely to be a rumour born out of fear to me," he said, "Since I doubt that anyone can claim to know the frog's plans, and I don't see that anyone would have a motive for running you out of business."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:00 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"What? So the bloody thing can't have a predictable trajec... ... traj... path?" Jansen stuttered out. "I can't imagine the thing has a very large brain... the only thing running through it's brain could be 'Southwest'..."</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 7/13/04 9:01 pm

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:52 am

Falchetta blinked once, then twice. She was trying to grasp the conversation, but it wasn't going very well.

"Are there swamps around? Da always said the swamp was full of frogs. And demons." She added a nod to this, as she actually seemed to think she had some semblance of an idea of what she was talking about.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:59 pm

"No swamps for miles, far as I know," the innkeeper answered. "And really, I don't care whether it's a lie or not. I'm staying in this town."

Jansen and Marius could rather suddenly hear some commotion outside. Though neither one could tell what the commotion was about, Jansen could hear a very hoarse, yet feminine, voice yelling, "I'm not the one you're looking for!"

The innkeeper seemed to have heard this too, as he glanced for a moment towards the door before looking back to the patrons. He kept silent for a moment and then headed to the back area again.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:26 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Here now, what's this? Jansen wondered to himself. He hopped off his chair, motioned for Falchetta to stay put, and went outside to see what the trouble was...</span>

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs