Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:10 am

"..You." Erech replied, slowly. "Played...Marbles?"

The young nekojin began laughing uncontrolably at the thought, stopping only to breathe, and shout- "That's the lamest thing I've ever heard!"


User avatar
pd Rydia
Moderator
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Temple of Fiends

Re: Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:51 am

"Aha." Now how did Rai'm confuse a 'lowly gardener' with a guard of some sort? "Not rude, naw. I was jus' hoping t'cut off time on a run ta th'guardhouse, s'all. Looks t'be a nezujin pickpocket preyin' on blin' women aroundabouts--bloody obvious, stupid fellow." Rai'm resisted the urge to glance back at Daenj'r. "Can' believe 'e ain' caught yet. Actually, th'bloke there saw 'im, too," she added, nodding to Arvad.


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:37 am

Suddenly, about twenty feet away from Rai'm, the siren-like wail of a baby with needs sounded from a carraige. The lean, muscled man who was awkwardly pushing the infant through the streets panicked, running a terrified hand through his ponytailed and strangely vivid green hair.

"Godsdammit!" Andy Fireblade yelled, then immediately admonished himself for cursing in front of the baby. "Okay, okay...food. Food? Drew, are you hungry?" He withdrew a bottle of milk from under the carraige and offered it to his son. "Want some milk, kiddo?" The crying worsened. "Doesn't want milk. How 'bout a toy?" Andy quested through his myraid pouches and pockets, finding absolutely nothing that could be considered a baby toy. Shoving a pair of nunchuks back into his belt, Fireblade dipped under the carraige again and withdrew some sort of fanciful (and extremely unmanly) smiling, stuffed rhinoceros plushie. He gave it to Drew, who still continued to bawl. "What am I going to do?!"


SALSAlys
 

Re: Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:28 am

Of course, all this noise made him an easy target for a blind woman's chiding cuff to the ear.

"Shut up. We didn't exactly have chaos magic to amuse us, or any OTHER toys."


Jason Sanborn
 

Re: Sweet Spring Air (Open CI/possible Mini-plot)

Unread postby Jason Sanborn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Arvad nodded, feeling a little uncomfortable with how he was being drawn back into the situation he was trying to avoid.

"Aye, I saw part of it," Arvad replied, then looked over to where the baby was crying. The noise of the city, another reason he normally avoided them.

"I'm afraid I don't know where he went off to, though."

Arvad looked back at Yuji, who appeared to be just as uncomfortable with this situation as he was.


ziratha
 

This is open right?

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:57 pm

(ooc: This is open right? meaning anyone can join?)



JasonAB17
 

Re: This is open right?

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:03 pm

(Darn tootin. ... Unless their name starts with Z. ... YES. Join. =P)

Much later, to his chagrin, and with much cursing, Tybalt would learn he stole a bag of marbles from a blind woman. It was like a bad joke. However, that was neither here nor there.

At present, Rai'M notices that nearby, there's a poster tacked to the Market Announcment boards. She's not absolutely certain WHY it speaks to her, except that it's a very clean cut piece of paper, and from a distance she can tell the penmanship is good. It could be anything. But it oculd also be something.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: This is open right?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:43 pm

"Well..." Yuji began, listening in on the other conversations in the area. "Unless he has a fondness for small glass balls, it doesn't seem that he got away with much."


ziratha
 

my introduction

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:19 pm

(ooc, please let me know any errors you see)

"Step right up folks, see the hubbub!" The speaker was a 30 something blond haired man, dressed all in black he is performing minor magic tricks through slight of hand.

"See your future! Learn how you die? Find some special knowledge! See the name of your one true love? All I ask is magical items, potions, enchanted items, any magical item is worth something."

*He pulls a small deck of cards out of a satchel and looks around,*

"No takers? You! In the sunglasses, Care to learn your fortune?"

He motions for her to come over and is annoyed when she walks past him.

"I'm here!" he snaps his fingers.



User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: my introduction

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:51 pm

(OOC: Well, for starters, you have three sentences in your first paragraph, not two. There should be a period after "black". Then, you must realize that this is not a chat RP. Asterisks are not needed to represent actions. Just state them as regular sentences. Other than that, nothing MAJOR jumps to mind, just word choice issues...)

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;font-size:small;">Daenj'r saw the ... odd conman shilling his product, and was strangely entranced. It was just so... ridiculous that he had to go try it out.

With a quick, "I'll be over here, Rai'm," he approached the slick operator and offered him a simple healing potion.

"So," he asked, "what's in store for me?"</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: none

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:20 pm

Some might note there was a beggar sitting not too far from the fortune teller! One might note this beggar is a thin, brown-skinned woman wearing a red mage's hat, and dirty white clothes. One might note her shoulder-length hair, or perhaps the rabbit ears protruding from her hat. Others may note the sheathed blade at her side, mostly hidden by a cloak that was one fine, before the weather got to it. Still others may note that the empty wooden bowl sitting in front of her.

However, many will note as she speaks up. "Magical items for that? Ha! It is a scam, monsieur, and a poor one at that! I can do the same for the cost of a good meal!" With that that, she reaches into her cloak and produces a set of what seem to be dirty playing cards.

"Surely, Monsieur, you would benefit from the experience of the travelling fencer, Marie Bagot!" she says with a grin.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy at: 3/10/05 21:23

ziratha
 

none

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:39 pm

"Great, perfect!"

He shuffles the deck and takes 2 cards from the top and 4 cards from the bottom.
He places them facedown in a 6 pointed star.

He flips the card closest to the customer: The wheel of fortune.

"Interesting, you have a choice coming, one that will determine your fate,
but which may in fact be very small in and of itself."

He picks two cards from the top and places them on either side of the wheel of fortune:
The fool and the the priestess.

"Your decision will be either an important journey or the well being of a good woman."

Next he flips the next closest cards to the customer: The universe, upside down,
and the chariot.

"You will have bad luck in the future, which will begin when you meet a great warrior."


He flips the next closest cards, Justice and tower.

"You will be judged, and you will cross an official of some sort. Perhaps you will be judged by an official? But not necasarily."

The last card he takes and spins, then flips it face up:Death, sideways.

"Someone close to you will come near to dieing, but will be saved."

"If you have more questions I *could* ask the great magician a question or two? For some magical items of course."


ziratha
 

none

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:33 pm

"I see, you think you can predict the future better than I? So be it."

He turns to the bunny eared begger.

With this he pulls the top card of his deck out and smirks as he looks at the card, "universe".

"Come, Universe, I call on you!"

Ziratha uses the power of the universe card to give the lady some very bad luck.




Uncle Pervy
 

Re: none

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:46 pm

(*Rolls for it*

1, a miss, I fear.)


"To those with experience, the future is as an open book, Oui?" answers Marie, seeming unimpressed as she shuffles her cards.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: none

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:51 pm

The power of the universe card was truely great indeed.

Perhaps too great- As the card using man learns.

From the sky, there's a wail- "Not again!"

And the man himself is landed on by a young child. Normally, small children falling on you isn't too bad. But when the child is about 10, weighing a good 80 pounds, and falling from a great height, it's rather painful.

Observers would note a young elven child with purple-gray skin, light blue hair, and glowing green eyes sliding off the man, turning, and giving a small bow. "Sorry, I still end up in the sky sometimes, when I try to do that crazy magic stuff!" She pulled her cloak- Black, with a design like flames on it- Tighter, and hopped back.


JasonAB17
 

Re: none

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:56 pm

There came the sounds of laughter from jsut down the road... A dalmation inujin stood there, laughing rather openly at the mishap. Aparently, he'd watched the whole ordeal. He stood about 6'2", wear a simple red shirt and loose black pants, and a pair of sandals. Carrying a bag of groceries in one hand, he approached the group, still laughing.

"Is... is everyone... hahaha- alright?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: none

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:01 pm

"Ah, Glorious Doma!" Marie says happily to the Inujin, "It is the one place I would call home. I am fine as I can be, monsieur."




ziratha
 

ow

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:01 pm

"ow"

Ziratha gets up slowly and says, "Well, I was right, someone close to you nearly died, And i'm close to you."

With that, ziratha pulls another card: priestess.

"O great priestess of holiness, heal my wounds and make me whole again!"


JasonAB17
 

Re: ow

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:05 pm

Derek sits there, watching expectantly...

As nothing happens.

"... I hope you didn't pay alot for those cards. Here, let me help you."

And Derek proceeded to heal the man, with his own simple water magics.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: ow

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:10 pm

"That's hardly dying, Monsieur Fraud. That is a small elf child falling on you. Hardly fatal, given your lack of screaming." Says the Usagijin-half.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ow

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:19 pm

"It didn't hurt that bad..." The elven child notes, looking around a bit. "Maybe just a little bit..But Ali'da says that I'm tough enough that falling out of the sky shouldn't hurt me that much anymore!"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: ow

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:27 pm

Over the shrill alto wail of Drew came the baritone wail of his father. "Anyone know how to get a baby to stop crying?" Andy demanded of the world at large, beginning to panic. Was something wrong with his baby? What would he tell Jess?


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: ow

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 pm

"Did you check it's diaper and it's bottle, monsieur?" Marie asks, looking toward Fireblade the Elder whilst shuffling. "That usually fixes it, non? Maybe it cannot sleep?"


JasonAB17
 

Re: ow

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 pm

(Spoke with Spleen prior to this post)

Derek flicks an ear as Andy calls out, and he looks in his General direction...

"Excuse me, I'll be back. You all are gold, really, but I can't stand to hear the little one's cry..."

He headed over to the green haired young man... and his nose wrinkled as he approached. He could already tell what the problem was, or so he thought. When he got close enough, he said:

"... Well, for starters, the kid's diaper's dirty... Hope you have a spare on hand."


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: ow

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:45 pm

Andy started. "Right! Diaper. Kid can't go to the bathroom himself yet. Right, right."

Thus it was time for Andy to look under the carraige again! "Bingo." The weapons master straightened up, sanitary device in hand. He knew how to change the diaper; this was a skill that Jess made sure Andy had before the baby came, even though he was a little out of practice at this point due to having just got back from a merc job down south.

Thus! The new diaper was on, the old one rolled up and discarded in a proper receptacle!

It didn't help. The baby was still crying.


JasonAB17
 

Re: ow

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 pm

Derek, now holding his nose, still managed to look surprised. When one's holding his nose, this can be very comical! However, that's likely lost on both men, as they current object of attention is a crying child. And a loud one at that.

"Uhm... Well shoot. What else have you tried?"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: ow

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:52 pm

"Tried giving him a bottle, tried giving him a toy. He's out of the wind, not that there's a lot today. He should be good and warm in that blanket. He napped for, like, three or four hours already, so he's not tired, I don't think."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: ow

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:57 pm

A voice popped up behind Andy- One that was there before, but not nearly this annoyed. "Have you tried..MUTING THE BRAT?!"

Behind Andy stood Erech, taking leave from his mother for a moment to shut the squeeling brat up. "Some of us have sensative ears to this kind of shit. Now, be a good little parent and shut your brat up."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: ow

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:07 am

(OOC: Spleen: IM me)

"Did you burp him, monsieur," Marie says to Andy.

Then she looks around. "Fortunes told, only the price of a meal! Come to have the great Marie Bagot show you what lies in store!"


ziratha
 

uhm

Unread postby ziratha » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:18 am

(ooc please note that my chars magic is based on tarot cards, therefore something generally happens when he uses one, so please dont say nothing happenes,)

"Well, you try having a 80 pound kid land on you from 100 feet! It hurts like hell, and my mended bones attest to the fact of major injuries."

"thanks for the healling, My tarot magic is not up to it's normal standards."


SALSAlys
 

Re: ow

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:30 am

Now, THAT caught Karin's attention.

"Erech, leave the kid alone," she said wearily, trailing after her son.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: ow

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:47 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;font-size:small;">Dae, being unimpressed by the tarot reading, shrugged. "I would like to see a second opinion..."

"Miss... Bagot, was it? I'll take you to the nearest restaurant for a good reading... what do you say?"</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: ow

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:58 am

(OOC: A couple things, Ziratha. Firstly, Bes is the De facto GM. Don't argue against him too hard. Secondly, if you want an effect to happen, it helps to describe it. It also helps to roll for it. Thirdly, if it were one hundred feet, I assume both parties would be very very dead, and your character would not have said any more than "ow,". Given he said only this, and Falchetta Shini's character, is mostly fine, it was a fairly neglieble distance.)

"Non, non, non, non, non," Marie says, pausing her shuffling to waggle a finger, "I shall take the gil, let us say a nice fifteen? Place it in the bowl, and the mysteries of life shall be revealed!"


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: ow

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:08 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:blue;font-size:small;">The coins hit the sycamore wood.

"You better not use that for booze, usagijin... what you got to tell me?"</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: ow

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:26 am

Marie grins, and deftly draws a card and slaps it on the ground, then three more above it and making a T-shaped pattern.

The first card is an Ace of Diamonds. Marie moves her hand over it. "This card, this is you right now. The ace of Diamonds. You are alone, like the ace. Even among friends, something seperates you, Non? The diamonds, they are wealth, but not only physical wealth. Perhaps it is spiritual wealth? You possess a great deal of something, something that perhaps you know not? The lonely man of wealth, having something desirable in abundance.

She moves her hand to the second card, to the left above the ace of diamonds. It is the ace of Clubs. "The suit of clubs, it is violence. It is a path you may follow, one that is violence. But it is only one club. Perhaps a duel, or a single act of bloodshed near you. An assassination attempt, a mugger... this is what this path holds."

Her hand falls to the middle of the three, a three of Diamonds. "Diamonds are wealth, as I said. This path, this may take to you more wealth. Something in threes. Perhaps you will find three gems, perhaps three loved ones who you had forgotten? Perhaps three piles of decent clothing from a friend who needs them not."

Marie rests her hand on the last card, the jack of diamonds. "A man of wealth, one of importance. Perhaps you will see him, perhaps you will speak with him? Perhaps you will be him, oui? But what is this wealth this man has, this too is important. He is high, but not the highest."

She looks up to Dae and grins. "This is who you are, this is what may befall you. Take care, monsieur. And I shall eat well tonight!"




User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: ow

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:12 am

(OOC: Pervy, it would've been great if you'd told me to IM you before I went to bed.)

"Burp him? Right, right."

Andy picked Drew up out of the carraige, slung him over his shoulder, and started to bounce him while tapping lightly on his back. He didn't burp - he hadn't eaten in an hour, so that was not necessarily unexpected - but the attention and the movement seemed to calm him down, and soon enough the baby was silent. "Thanks," Andy said, dropping a few coins into Marie's bowl. "I owe you one. Come on, Drew, let's go find mommy." As he tried to pack his son back into the carraige again, of course, the wailing started again. Andy hastily picked him up and started bouncing again. "Looks like me and the kid are sticking around here until he falls asleep. Hopefully his mom'll show up."


ziratha
 

none

Unread postby ziratha » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:31 am

"Why learn the future when I can make your future? Become extremely lucky, Find your one true love? All is within my power!

A man from the crowd comes forward and says, "I would like to find a lover. Can you do it?"

He hands ziratha a small trinket that is enchanted.

Ziratha pulls the top card of his deck, "The lovers" card.

Ziratha uses the power of the lovers card to help the man. He holds the card above his head and then he tosses it towards the man. it stops and hovers about a foot from him. It hovers about a minute then flies back to ziratha's hand

(ooc roll out of 20 right? rolled 12 Where can I find a good dice rolling program?)

As the man walks away he bumps into a passing woman,
"Sorry, my fault"

"no, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"I'm david."

"I'm elizabeth."

"Care to get a bite to eat?"

"Sure"


JasonAB17
 

Re: none

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:08 pm

(Ziratha: Firstly, Tarot cards are so extremely rare on Gaera, you're character, as an aparently randomly generated person, is already VERY damn special to even HAVE Tarot cards. I'm not letting him have a magic class based around them too. SECONDLY: There already IS a Tarot Magic user on Gaera. Note he's from offworld, and has a good supporting backstory. Third and finally, I have to say that the way your RP leaves me very, very cold. I want you to visit The Boot Camp and try to learn some things. For now, I'm going to assume that your chatacter just exitted himself, in that you just RPed yourself out of the scene, and away from any other PC present.)

Derek smirked a little, and tried not to remind himself that he was never going to have one of those. Instead, he looked past Erech, who could go rot in his personal oppinion, and made his way back to Marie. He looked around Curiously, as the odd man with the strange cards seemed to have gone.

"Where'd the other half of this little sideshow run off to?"


Uncle Pervy
 

I couldn't resist.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:24 pm

(OOC: Spleen: I'll Go in your bed, fuckshit!
Ziratha: When it's not Philsys, assume it is Chatsys. If it is something else, the GM/GM Facsmilie will say so.)

"Monsieur, I am no sideshow!" Marie says, "For the cost of a meal and a drink, I will reveal the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything to you!

"As for the other..." she shrugs. "He was intimidated by my beauty and talent no doubt, and fled to save face."


JasonAB17
 

I totally could.

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:35 pm

Derek just stands there, blinking at Marie. After all that had just happened, he supposed that should have been funny. He afforeded Marie a small laugh, and began on his way... and stopped in front of that odd poster.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank